Multiple NIM masters on same network

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hello,
Can anyone tell me if I can add multiple NIM masters onto the same
network?  I thought I read somewhere long ago, that this was not
recommended.  I'd like to know if things have changed with AIX 5.3, or
if you could point me to any recent documents if it's allowed.

Cheers!

0
Reply shpot4 (39) 1/31/2006 12:22:48 AM

See related articles to this posting

AIX 5.3 Differences Guide SG24-7463-00
search http://www.redbooks.ibm.com

hth
Hajo

0
Reply service490 (1039) 1/31/2006 9:01:34 AM
comp.unix.aix 10885 articles. 5 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Multiple network/Multiple provider Routing
All, I have a Cisco 2821 configured to bond two T1's from one provider with CEF. This network connects, in turn, to Gig0/0 to my production firewall. All of this works fine. However, another T1 has been brought in for another purpose. I want to route any traffic from Gig0/1 to this new T1 and from the new T1 to Gig0/1. I know this can be done with something like EIGRP, but will is mess up my current routing? I'm sure if I make a specific route for this ethernet interface, I'll have to do the same for the other, no? Anybody have an example floating around that I could see? tom@dr...

Automating Multiple networks and multiple cards
I have a laptop that I use in the usual three different places: at home, at work, and on the road. At home I have a NAT'ted network behind a firewall and no DHCP; you won't be given the time of day on my network if you don't have an approved MAC address. The network has both a wireless and wired component, with a Linksys AP hanging off the central hub. I usually use the wireless, but sometimes for speed's sake plug in. At work, I plug in using a different card that I leave at the office, to a wired network. And on the road I have all the usual headaches of wandering from W...

change nim master to nim client?
The previous sysadm was playing with nim on some of the servers. I need to convert a box he configured as a nim master into a real nim client. Any idea how to do this? Mike In article <vq4ufs91gp467b@corp.supernews.com>, Mike wrote: > The previous sysadm was playing with nim on some of the servers. > I need to convert a box he configured as a nim master into a > real nim client. Any idea how to do this? > > Mike Seems like I can make this change by 'installp -u bos.sysmgt.nim.master' and the other files. Then I installp bos.sysmgt.nim.client and go back through...

Multiple masters and multiple TSIG keys
Hello BIND users, I'm using BIND 9.7.1-P2. I have the following configuration in my named.conf: masters "m" { ip1; ip2; ip3; ip4; }; zone "z1" { type slave; file "z1"; masters { m; }; }; zone "z2" { type slave; file "z2"; masters { m; }; }; Now, I have been given 2 keys, t1 and t2, to use for transferring z1 and z2 respectively. I defined the keys in my configuration file, and then did: zone "z1" { type slave; file "z1"; masters { m key t1; }; }; zone "z2" { type sl...

Networking Questions I have for multiple OS Networking
I have some questions that I am hoping someone can help me with. I have plans to network 7 PC's together with different OS as follows. Windows XP Prof Windows XP Home Windows 2000 Windows Me Windows 98 SE Windows 95B Linux Red Hat 8.0 My 7 computers have their OS installed as well as 10/100mbps NICs, which will all connect to my 10/100 Switch. (1.) Does anyone know of any incompatibilities I will have or problems that I can avoid when setting up this network of multiple operating systems? (2.) Is there any patches I will need for specific OS to network with the...

Multiple Network Adapters Browse Network Neighborhood
Probably not the most ideal setup... We have a setup where the web/mail servers are behind a firewall and then an additional firewall is placed between the web/mail servers and the office computers. The web/mail servers have public IPs and the office computers have private IPs. In an attempt to avoid nasty issues of replicating active directory across the firewall, we have one W2K server that has a network card with a private address and one with a public address. When our office users browse the network neighborhood they see the public computers only in the network neighborhood. Is there ...

single interface multiple networks + broadcast to all networks
Hello, I have a machine which is in one network say 192.168.1.0. But we have here a configuration where two networks 192.168.1.0 and 192.168.2.0 are local and directly available. So I had to set up two routes to the local networks. Now this machine should be a cups-server to both networks and broadcast his cups-information into both networks. I seems that I can sent only broadcast-packets to the network where the host belongs. Is it so uncommon to sent broadcast into the other network? Or must be the source of a broadcast packet originate in the same network? Do I have to enable somet...

Multiple Network Adapters Browse Network Neighborhood
Probably not the most ideal setup... We have a setup where the web/mail servers are behind a firewall and then an additional firewall is placed between the web/mail servers and the office computers. The web/mail servers have public IPs and the office computers have private IPs. In an attempt to avoid nasty issues of replicating active directory across the firewall, we have one W2K server that has a network card with a private address and one with a public address. When our office users browse the network neighborhood they see the public computers only in the network neighborhood. Is there ...

ASA 5510 multiple outside networks multiple IP
Hi our ISP provides us with two C-Class Networks lets say 1.1.1.0 and 1.1.2.0. with the gateways 1.1.1.1 and 1.1.2.1. Now we have on different networks different services running e.g. 1.1.1.2 (vpn) 1.1.2.2 (www) 1.1.2.3 (special application) which we want to consolidate to come into our private network over one ASA5510 when we try to configure one outside interface to 1.1.2.2/255.255.255.0 and then the next outside interface to 1.1.2.3/255.255.255.0 the ASA tells us that this is not possible due to overlapping networks is there any solution for that. The second question wh...

Routing multiple public IPs to multiple internal networks
Here is the situation: We are going to be getting an internet connection with a /28 block of public IPs. What I would like to do is be able to filter all of the traffic through one Router/Firewall box so I can do filtering, QoS, bandwidth monitoring, etc. and give a public IP to a series of Linksys routers for different tenants in the building. I am not quite sure how to setup the IPs since I have only had experience with 1 public IP and NAT in the past. I have tentatively come up with this setup but I wanted to run it by someone more knowledgable than myself before ordering the equipment and...

Multiple Xerox Network Scanners on Centreware Network Scanning
Hi I would like to install multiple tyes of (X)erox (N)etwork (S)canners to one (C)entreware (N)etwork (S)canning. The CNS is installed on Windows server 2003 standard. The problem i have run into is: If i install 2 XNS's they can see each others users (templates) even though they are pointing to different FTP-addresses i have made on the server. I would like to install one XNS and point it to one place and another XNS to point to another place so they cant see each others users. Is it possible to use Windows own FTP capability or do i have to install a FTP-server to do this? ...

about one font' single master and multiple master variants
Dear all, I am a newbie in the font design world,don't understand what is one font' single master version and what is its multiple master one. I think the former is the same as the font itself, but how the later? Who can explains the differences between them, for example the Minion and Minion MM? Thanks in advance. In article <1142674971.606487.157590@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, jintau@gmail.com says... > Dear all, I am a newbie in the font design world,don't understand what > is one font' single master version and what is its multiple master one. > I th...

multiple networks?
- I have a Cisco 1720 router with a WIC-1ENET running as my primary home router. - A friend of mine just moved in next door, and is on a different ISP - I have a wireless to ethernet bridge and a crappy switch that doesn't support VLANs My network is 172.19.44.X/24 My friend's network is 10.45.0.X/24 - Both are running DHCP A few quick questions: 1) I assume right now if I simply plug the wireless bridge into my switch I'm going to create a race condition for DHCP, is there any way to avoid this? 2) How can I configure my router so that if my ISP is down all my traffic is sent ...

Multiple Networks
How do I get my machine from trying to connect to the other networks that show up? I live in an apartment building, and 2 other networks show up, and mine keeps disconnecting...Mine is secure, but it still looks for the other ones, and I gotta keep connecting mine... Thanks -- *'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'* I have plenty of talent and vision. I just don't give a damn. ...

NIM Master
Is it possible to have more than one NIM master besides using alternate master? All of the clients are not at AIX 5.3, and based on the documentation, you must have the clients at 5.3 for alternate NIM master to work. Jamie.Aldrich@gmail.com wrote: > Is it possible to have more than one NIM master besides using alternate > master? All of the clients are not at AIX 5.3, and based on the > documentation, you must have the clients at 5.3 for alternate NIM > master to work. NIM is just another piece of software.. you can install / configure it in as many places as you see fit. ...

Multiple Networks
How do I get my machine from trying to connect to the other networks that show up? I live in an apartment building, and 2 other networks show up, and mine keeps disconnecting...Mine is secure, but it still looks for the other ones, and I gotta keep connecting mine... Thanks -- *'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'* The proctologist called...they found your head. On 9/26/2005 8:45 PM, The Baba wrote: > How do I get my machine from trying to connect to the other networks that > show up? I live in an apartment building, and 2 other networks sh...

Multiple Networks
How do I get my machine from trying to connect to the other networks that show up? I live in an apartment building, and 2 other networks show up, and mine keeps disconnecting...Mine is secure, but it still looks for the other ones, and I gotta keep connecting mine... Thanks -- *'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'* I have plenty of talent and vision. I just don't give a damn. ...

Macro to gather multiple pdf files from multiple directories on a network drive
I am seeking a macro or gui to gather multiple pdf files from multiple directories on a network drive. For example, I would like to run a macro that will read in a BOM (in some format-probably a csv file), then search several directories of a network drive for the corresponding pdf files (component number e.g. 12050-123) and copy the pdf's into a single directory. Then I would like the same macro, or a different macro if need be, to print the pdf files from that single directory. I realize that this is not directly a SW post however it is a downstream process that is related to SW. Any...

Any Documentaion about How Linux Networking IP stack looklike between Linux PC (single NIC card) and Router with multiple Network interfaces (LAN and WAN)?
Any Documenttaion about How Linux IP Networking stack looklike bwteen Linux PC (single NIC card) and Router with multiple Network interfaces running on Linux (LAN and WAN)?. appreciated for links or some documentation. Thanks. ...

multiple network cards
Suppose you have win2k box with 2 network cards. Dhcp on linksys router supplies both nics with proper addresses. When i initiate a tcpip connection(i.e. a http request)... 1. which NIC is being used for the communication? 2. How does windows decide which one to use; is there a way to specify which one to use? any ideas? answers? thanks Rutarota Yes, you can do a route print and verify the default routes, to see this. Both of ur cards will have an default route (0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 gateway interface/ip metric) for each one. Now the one which has an lower metric(say 1) will be used to send...

Multiple network configurations
Does the OS X "Network" panel have the same capability for setting up a number of optional configurations, and easily switching among them, as the OS 9 TCP/IP Control Panel did? If it does, I can't find it. I really need a way to switch between a couple of different sets of DNS at will. Isaac In article <isw-244791.20451527042006@comcast.dca.giganews.com>, isw <isw@witzend.com> wrote: > Does the OS X "Network" panel have the same capability for setting up a > number of optional configurations, and easily switching among them, as > the OS...

Replication -- having multiple masters
Let's say that there are the following servers Masters: server database M1 D1, D2 M2 D3, D4 M3 D5, D6 M4 D7, D8 Slaves: Slave Replicates S1 D1, D2, D3, D4 S2 D5, D6, D7, D8 Is that possible? That is, is it possible that a slave would be replicating more than one master? -- Due to extreme spam originating from Google Groups, and their inattention to spammers, I and many others block all articles originating from Google Groups. If you want your postings to be seen by more readers you will need to find a d...

Multiple network interfaces
Hi All. I'm having trouble configuring my Solaris 10 6/06 machine with 2 network interfaces. I'm having problems setting up networking to work the way I want it. One interface is connected to an internal LAN with the hostname sunbox.local and ip address 192.168.1.1 The other interface is connected to the outside world with the hostname sunbox.publicaddress.org and ip address 137.x.x.x My /etc/hosts file reads 127.0.0.1 localhost 192.168.1.1 sunbox.local sunbox loghost 137.x.x.x sunbox.publicaddress.org My /etc/hostname.bge0 contains sunbox.local /etc/hostname...

Multiple Location Networking
I am trying to setup a network between two different offices. At office number 1 I have the following configuration: 1 cable modem with static ip address 1 Dlink DFL-300 Firewall VPN Router 1 Linux Server (file serving e-mail etc..) 1 Windows Server (Accounting Database etc..) 10 Workstations windows and linux. 1 T1 line connected to office #2 using Cisco 1601 Router Subnet 192.168.1.0 At office number 2 I (will) have the following 1 T1 line connected to office #1 using Cisco 1601 Router 5 Workstations Windows and Linux Subnet 192.168.2.0 This setup is not complete (at the second office) ...