Multiple NIM masters on same network

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hello,
Can anyone tell me if I can add multiple NIM masters onto the same
network?  I thought I read somewhere long ago, that this was not
recommended.  I'd like to know if things have changed with AIX 5.3, or
if you could point me to any recent documents if it's allowed.

Cheers!

0
Reply shpot4 (39) 1/31/2006 12:22:48 AM

See related articles to this posting

AIX 5.3 Differences Guide SG24-7463-00
search http://www.redbooks.ibm.com

hth
Hajo

0
Reply service490 (1039) 1/31/2006 9:01:34 AM

comp.unix.aix 10874 articles. 5 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Multiple network/Multiple provider Routing
All, I have a Cisco 2821 configured to bond two T1's from one provider with CEF. This network connects, in turn, to Gig0/0 to my production firewall. All of this works fine. However, another T1 has been brought in for another purpose. I want to route any traffic from Gig0/1 to this new T1 and from the new T1 to Gig0/1. I know this can be done with something like EIGRP, but will is mess up my current routing? I'm sure if I make a specific route for this ethernet interface, I'll have to do the same for the other, no? Anybody have an example floating around that I could see? tom@dr...

Automating Multiple networks and multiple cards
I have a laptop that I use in the usual three different places: at home, at work, and on the road. At home I have a NAT'ted network behind a firewall and no DHCP; you won't be given the time of day on my network if you don't have an approved MAC address. The network has both a wireless and wired component, with a Linksys AP hanging off the central hub. I usually use the wireless, but sometimes for speed's sake plug in. At work, I plug in using a different card that I leave at the office, to a wired network. And on the road I have all the usual headaches of wandering from W...

change nim master to nim client?
The previous sysadm was playing with nim on some of the servers. I need to convert a box he configured as a nim master into a real nim client. Any idea how to do this? Mike In article <vq4ufs91gp467b@corp.supernews.com>, Mike wrote: > The previous sysadm was playing with nim on some of the servers. > I need to convert a box he configured as a nim master into a > real nim client. Any idea how to do this? > > Mike Seems like I can make this change by 'installp -u bos.sysmgt.nim.master' and the other files. Then I installp bos.sysmgt.nim.client and go back through...

Networking Questions I have for multiple OS Networking
I have some questions that I am hoping someone can help me with. I have plans to network 7 PC's together with different OS as follows. Windows XP Prof Windows XP Home Windows 2000 Windows Me Windows 98 SE Windows 95B Linux Red Hat 8.0 My 7 computers have their OS installed as well as 10/100mbps NICs, which will all connect to my 10/100 Switch. (1.) Does anyone know of any incompatibilities I will have or problems that I can avoid when setting up this network of multiple operating systems? (2.) Is there any patches I will need for specific OS to network with the...

Multiple masters and multiple TSIG keys
Hello BIND users, I'm using BIND 9.7.1-P2. I have the following configuration in my named.conf: masters "m" { ip1; ip2; ip3; ip4; }; zone "z1" { type slave; file "z1"; masters { m; }; }; zone "z2" { type slave; file "z2"; masters { m; }; }; Now, I have been given 2 keys, t1 and t2, to use for transferring z1 and z2 respectively. I defined the keys in my configuration file, and then did: zone "z1" { type slave; file "z1"; masters { m key t1; }; }; zone "z2" { type sl...

Multiple Network Adapters Browse Network Neighborhood
Probably not the most ideal setup... We have a setup where the web/mail servers are behind a firewall and then an additional firewall is placed between the web/mail servers and the office computers. The web/mail servers have public IPs and the office computers have private IPs. In an attempt to avoid nasty issues of replicating active directory across the firewall, we have one W2K server that has a network card with a private address and one with a public address. When our office users browse the network neighborhood they see the public computers only in the network neighborhood. Is there ...

single interface multiple networks + broadcast to all networks
Hello, I have a machine which is in one network say 192.168.1.0. But we have here a configuration where two networks 192.168.1.0 and 192.168.2.0 are local and directly available. So I had to set up two routes to the local networks. Now this machine should be a cups-server to both networks and broadcast his cups-information into both networks. I seems that I can sent only broadcast-packets to the network where the host belongs. Is it so uncommon to sent broadcast into the other network? Or must be the source of a broadcast packet originate in the same network? Do I have to enable somet...

Multiple Network Adapters Browse Network Neighborhood
Probably not the most ideal setup... We have a setup where the web/mail servers are behind a firewall and then an additional firewall is placed between the web/mail servers and the office computers. The web/mail servers have public IPs and the office computers have private IPs. In an attempt to avoid nasty issues of replicating active directory across the firewall, we have one W2K server that has a network card with a private address and one with a public address. When our office users browse the network neighborhood they see the public computers only in the network neighborhood. Is there ...

ASA 5510 multiple outside networks multiple IP
Hi our ISP provides us with two C-Class Networks lets say 1.1.1.0 and 1.1.2.0. with the gateways 1.1.1.1 and 1.1.2.1. Now we have on different networks different services running e.g. 1.1.1.2 (vpn) 1.1.2.2 (www) 1.1.2.3 (special application) which we want to consolidate to come into our private network over one ASA5510 when we try to configure one outside interface to 1.1.2.2/255.255.255.0 and then the next outside interface to 1.1.2.3/255.255.255.0 the ASA tells us that this is not possible due to overlapping networks is there any solution for that. The second question wh...