Multiple NIM masters on same network

Hello,
Can anyone tell me if I can add multiple NIM masters onto the same
network?  I thought I read somewhere long ago, that this was not
recommended.  I'd like to know if things have changed with AIX 5.3, or
if you could point me to any recent documents if it's allowed.

Cheers!

0
shpot4 (39)
1/31/2006 12:22:48 AM
comp.unix.aix 10935 articles. 6 followers. drkirkby (98) is leader. Post Follow

AIX 5.3 Differences Guide SG24-7463-00
search http://www.redbooks.ibm.com

hth
Hajo

0
service490 (1039)

How to set 'Xdata' for multiple PATCH objects simultaneously???
Hi. How do I set the 'Xdata/Ydata' or 'Vertices' properties for multiple Patch objects with a single SET command? I have the vector of handles (Hvect) to the Patch objects, but I don't want to use a FOR loop to set them one-by-one. How do I set them all in a single command? Thanks very much. -- Dave > Hi. How do I set the 'Xdata/Ydata' or 'Vertices' properties for > multiple Patch objects with a single SET command? I have the > vector > of handles (Hvect) to the Patch objects, but I don't want to use a > FOR loop to set them one-by-one....

Multiple data with different colors
Hi, I have three data files which are in same structure, and I know how to plot each of them. Now, I want to combine all of three on a same plot but with different colors. How to do it? I am a newbie of plotting, thank you in advance. On Thu, 18 Dec 2008, Steven Woody wrote: > I have three data files which are in same structure, and I know how to > plot each of them. Now, I want to combine all of three on a same plot > but with different colors. How to do it? Presumably what you've been doing so far is something like plot '1.dat' using ($1):($2) plo...

US-VA-Reston: LAN/HW Systems Eng., Enterprise level networks, DCID 6/3, Cisco; C (45300432402)
US-VA-Reston: LAN/HW Systems Eng., Enterprise level networks, DCID 6/3, Cisco; C (45300432402) ============================================================================================== Position: LAN/HW Systems Eng. Reference: SMC01395 Location: Reston VA Duration: C-P Skills: 8+yrs exp designing and integrating enterprise level networks. Hands on exp and expert knowledge of DCID 6/3, NSA Type_1 encryption(KG_175, etc.), CISCO switches and routers. CCNA/CCNP preferred. Six Sigma qualified and CI_poly. Please s...

Importing multiple files from multiple folders
Dear all, I am trying to import multiple from a folder. However, I have folders inside that folder. So first I want to read the contents of main folder and using the name of the folders inside it , enter into each folder and read the files. This is where I have my real files. But the following code does not seem to work : *************************************************************************** filename indata pipe 'dir J:\1999\199901\Snapshot\1999\Jan /b'; data file_list; length fname $20; infile indata truncover end=last; /* infile statement for file names */ input fname $20.; ...

"Don't care" targets in Neural Network
Hi all, I am observing some strange behavior with "Don't Care" targets in matlab neural network toolbox (Version 4.0.6, R14SP3). When I insert only one "Don't Care" value (NaN) in the target vector, the performance of the network drops to almost nil. To demonstrate the problem, I've included my sample code below, a lot of which is borrowed from 'nnsample.m' that matlab provides. As you see, the line between the two comments flagged as ###BEGIN and ###END is where I insert NaN values in the target matrix (one NaN per vector). The results with the line co...

Re: Excelxp Tagsets: is there a way to create multiple sheets on #2
Satindra, Will this work even if I have intervening ODS OUTPUT statements in my = program? I just tried the sheet name only (without the sheet_interval) = but got sheets every time I specified an ODS OUTPUT file. =20 -Mary ----- Original Message -----=20 From: Satindra Chakravorty=20 To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU=20 Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2008 11:23 AM Subject: Re: Excelxp Tagsets: is there a way to create multiple sheets = on the same file? I believe the 'sheet_interval' option will do the trick. For example, if you have several PROC steps and you want the output fr...

Storing multiple Matrix from 'for' loop
I am a new matlab user and facing a problem while using a for loop. I'll appreciate if anybody help me in this regard. My loop if like below: for i=1:100 [P]=getdata(i); end [P] is i depended and 'getdata' will produce a 40x 40 matrix for each value of i. I want catch all 100, 40x 40 matrix and want to use them in later calculation. Is there anyone who can hep me in this case. Regards Shafi Shafi wrote: > I am a new matlab user and facing a problem while using a for loop. I'll > appreciate if anybody help me in this regard. > > My loop i...

auto-login multiple accounts
The Accounts system preference allows you to configure one account to login automatically. What I'd like to do is auto-login both my personal account and the admin account, with the admin account running in the background as if I'd fast-switched away from it. One thought I have is to enable the admin account as the auto-login account, and give it as a login item a script that will fast-switch to my personal account. However, this will require me to enter my password in the fast-switch login screen, so it isn't really an auto-login. -- Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu ...

multiple tables
Anyone know how to put multiple tables in a single materialized view? bob@coolgroups.com wrote: > Anyone know how to put multiple tables in a single materialized view? create materialized view myview as select mytab1.mycol1,mytab2.mycol2 from mytab1,mytab2 where ... is this the answer to your question? br, stephan ...

Multiple Embedded/ Firmware positions full time
Hello and Good Day, Beyond Innovation, Inc is a staffing company with our corporate office in Livermore, CA. We have seven great full time job opportunities in the Bay Area, CA with our exclusive client; they are an established South Bay Company that specializes in storage and data management solutions. The client is amongst fortune 100 (Multi-Billion) companies. The many positions are focused mainly Firmware, Software and QA Platform Engineer. Pls. do see below for all job descriptions. These jobs offer a competitive salary and superb benefits. Find below the various job descriptions ...

Limit multiple sessions for one user
Hello, I'm using Oracle 9i. How can I limit the number of opened sessions for one user ? Laurent > I'm using Oracle 9i. How can I limit the number of opened sessions for one > user ? > Create a profile with limited session_per_user. Assign that profile to the user. Stephan I have tried this whis 1 simultaneous session. But I still can open several sessions with my user. Do I need to restart my database ? Laurent "Stephan Bressler" <sbresslerx_no_spam@arcor.de> a �crit dans le message news: bvo6ai$cd4$1@news.mch.sbs.de... > > > I'm usi...

Multiple switches
We have a site that will have upto 80 or so pc's, all cat5e cabling back to 1 rack. We usually use 2950 switches, upto 48 ports, never used anything larger - it seems inefficient to link two of these via a 1GB port. Is there a way to link two or more of these and effectively turn them into 1 switch get full bandwidth) or would we be better off speccing a much larger switch, ive never seen a 96 port in operation but the site is likely to need this many, maybe a few more so trying to work out how best to achieve this. Although most systems will be new and also have gigabit network c...

multiple rollback points / savepoints
Hello all. I need to support multiple rollback points / savepoints and am wondering if there is some easy way to do this with berkeley. I used the terms rollback and savepoints, but I dont think my scenario is exactly like either... Specifically, I need to be able to run a batch type job that updates the db and at certain intervals commits its changes and associates those changes with an id (commit / savepoint / checkpoint id etc.) Say the job took 3 commits: commit1, commit2, and commit3. The job then fails and for whatever application specific reason, the db needs to be roll...

Tomcat and multiple SSL certs
Is it possible to setup multiple SSL based sites on Tomcat on one server?. I am investigating having multiple nic cards and adding an "address" attribute to map to each IP, I've not had much luck finding out how to get this done. Anyone have any feedback? thanks GM SSL is directly tied to the IP address, so you can't have https://site_a and https://site_b where both are on the same IP. I would try just plugging in both nic cards, get them both working on the o/s, then set up two connectors, both for ssl, with different address="..." attributes. Aside from the norm...

How can I force neural network to start with weights and biases I choose it before?
Hi all; How can I force neural network to start with weights and biases I choose it before? Also if I want my NN model to start with random weights and biases and store it so that if I re-train it will start with the stored numbers? Thanks in advance Mona wrote: > Hi all; > > How can I force neural network to start with weights and biases I > choose it before? net = newff(minmax(p),[H 1].{'tansig','purelin'}; net.IW = yourweights; net.b = yourbiases; net = train(net,p,t); > Also if I want my NN model to start with random > weights and biases ...

getting multiple line matches to single line for gcc --version
Im trying to use awk to extract the version of gcc in a makefile, but for now Im trying it on the command line to get it to work. Since the output of gcc --version is multiline, Im getting $3 of every line: 4.1.2 2006 free even for this: gcc --version | awk '{print $3}' How do I get it to just take the first line? Ive read the man page and it seems like I need to do something with RS= but Im unsure how to make it work. I thought setting RS="" or RS=" " would make it all a single line, but awk complains that I cannot set RS to either of those. Thanks for your ...

multiplication
I want to multiply two very long integers (say of 20 digits).I am storing them in character array.Then what mechanism should i follow to mutiply two such numbers.If anybody has any suggestions please post. On 30 Apr 2007 04:29:26 -0700, helPlease <devlinahello2@gmail.com> wrote: >I want to multiply two very long integers (say of 20 digits).I am >storing them in character array.Then what mechanism should i follow >to mutiply two such numbers.If anybody has any suggestions please post. Take a pencil and paper and multiply two four-digit numbers. Carefully show **every** step. ...

Network issue
I am using the report template in the enviroment, not 'report writer'. I placed a memo field on a report, sized the memo box to something appropriate, and reviewed my result. It was fine. five or six lines of data, great. Then I put the app out on the LAN and tried it again. This time the text overflowed the limits of the box, running, in fact, to the edge of the page. and losing some text. Several reports now, different apps too, same result. Reports run perfectly on my machine as standalone. Works on other machines too... but running the program from a network drive results in...

Multiple Edit Windows
Whenever I open multiple .m files each files is opened in a separate edit window. How do I get them all to open in the same edit window with tabs each for each file? Thanks, Marianne Hi, File -> Preferences -> Editor/Debugger -> Display -> Opening files in editor -> Single window contains... J�r�me J�r�me wrote: > > > Hi, > > File -> Preferences -> Editor/Debugger -> Display > -> Opening files in editor -> Single window contains... > > J�r�me > That's true for version 6.5 but not in 7.3 which is what I'm running. Thanks a...

using && to test true with multiple conditions
In bash if we use && to execute the right hand side, if the left side is true: e.g. echo "true" && true Can I combine this with another command which is not true? In simple terms i want to run 2 commands, and only execute the action, if command1 returns true and command2 returns false, on one line without any if statements, how do I do that? ie <command1 is true>AND<command2 is false><execute action> thankyou for any help. On Feb 3, 7:44=A0am, brumik <brum...@gmail.com> wrote: > In bash if we use && to execute the right h...

OS X and multiple logins
A few years ago I read the following thread concerning multiple log-ins with OS X... Does OS X allow this? I know Unix lets multiple concurrent desktops to be started. Does OS X? -------------------------------------------------------- Paul McGrane wrote: > In article <68480990.15242133@htan.org>, kayners@htan.org wrote: > > Tim Larson,tim@r5i.com,Internet writes: > > >Does anyone know if MacOS X is expected to support remote > > >terminals? > > You mean like NetBooting? If so, the answer is, "Yes." > Netbooting still requires a full fled...

multiple regression: multiple years and multiple variables
Dear all, I am somewhat unexperienced in spss, so this question may seem simple to most of you, but I still want to ask it since I could not find the answer anywhere. I have a dataset consisting of yearly data on labor productivity growth for a 40 year period, for 16 countries in total. In the regression I want to make, this is to be the dependent variable. As independent variables I have several other economic data, also on all 16 countries and on the entire 40 year period, so my dataset is complete. My problem is now that it is of course quite easy to do a regression on each of t...

mcc and multiple files
I have received a whole boat-load of .m files from a scientist that I need to compile into a dynamic library. Some are "Matlab classes" and most are in subdirectories. Is there any way I can run mcc on these files without having to specify every single .m file in the directory structure? I don't want 6 different libraries. I just want one. Even when I do compile one of the individual "class" directories, I get an error: Error: File "matlabrc" not found. I have compiled other .m files without getting this error and I'm not sure why I'm getting ...

delete, polymorphism, and multiple inheritence
(was: delete() confusion) I have a class with multiple base classes. One of these base classes (base1) has its own new/delete operators and nothing else. Another base class (base 2) has a virtual destructor. The class with the virtual destructor has AddRef() and Release() methods, and Release() ultimately does a "delete this". Can that "delete this" statement somehow find the right delete method? If it does, it involves a downcast and an upcast to get to the right place. Beyond this, I am having a fit trying to figure out, I guess, "delete visibility" for p...

Re: Sorting and merging multiple data sets with fewer statements #8
"Gerstle, John (CDC/CCID/NCHHSTP) (CTR)" <yzg9@cdc.gov> wrote >So for each call of either the %bivarout_mono() or %bivarout_bi() you >get a outlier&measure.<something>&band dataset? If so, then at the end >of the macros add a Proc Sort. > >Also, if the only difference between %bivarout_mono() & %bivarout_bi() >is the set of array statements, and the input data is the same format, >then you could combine into one macro with a condition of whether it's >mono or bi - add a parameter for this input. > >Since this is your first m...