Oracle 9i client install - Cannot run 64 bit program on a 32 bit machine?

Running AIX 5.1L on an old PowerPC (PPS model 7248). Have bos.64bit
installed.

Unable to get Oracle 9i client utilitiesprograms to work. Get errors

exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program ./sqlplus because of the following
errors:
           0509-032 Cannot run a 64-bit program on a 32-bit machine.

Should Oracle 9i client work on older RS-6000 hardware?

Am getting by via Oracle 8i client, but am trying to run a pure '9i'
environment.

Any ideas?

comp.unix.aix 10963 articles. 1 followers. drkirkby (98) is leader. Post Follow

Andrew,
I think you need to link to the 64-bit kernel, because the Oracle 9
kernel extensions are only 64 bit, check with "prtconf". There is a
procedure to to switch to 64 bit, but indeed your hardware must
support 64-bit, if you are not able to run AIX5.2 there could be a
problem to run Oracle 9 also. Some hardware stop at AIX5.1
JW

Jan Willem de Lange <jan.willem.de.lange@freeler.nl> wrote:
: Andrew,
: I think you need to link to the 64-bit kernel, because the Oracle 9
: kernel extensions are only 64 bit, check with "prtconf". There is a
: procedure to to switch to 64 bit, but indeed your hardware must
: support 64-bit, if you are not able to run AIX5.2 there could be a
: problem to run Oracle 9 also. Some hardware stop at AIX5.1
: JW
: "Andrew Werden" <andrew.werden@pega.com> schreef in bericht
: news:8ZucnVTHyqYe3uOiU-KYhA@comcast.com...
:> Running AIX 5.1L on an old PowerPC (PPS model 7248). Have bos.64bit
:> installed.
:>
:> Unable to get Oracle 9i client utilitiesprograms to work. Get errors
:>
:> exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program ./sqlplus because of the
: following
:> errors:
:>            0509-032 Cannot run a 64-bit program on a 32-bit machine.
:>
:> Should Oracle 9i client work on older RS-6000 hardware?
:>
:> Am getting by via Oracle 8i client, but am trying to run a pure '9i'
:> environment.
:>
:> Any ideas?
:>
:>
:>

bootinfo -y will tell you if your machine is a 64 bit machine or not.  If it
returns a "32" it's not a 64 bit machine.  This stopped our oracle dba's from
doing their testing of oracle 9i on my F50 (yeah) so I got it back from them.
I don't know what they were looking at, but some document they had explained
what hardware was compatable and how to tell.

Ron
0
ron2639 (12)
10/8/2003 8:50:17 PM
You might try linking and/or loading the 32 bit libs. I think you find them
in $ORACLE_HOME/lib32
If you're compiling client utils use that instead of the $ORACLE_HOME/lib.
I had similar problems building
some third party drivers and that fixed it.

If you're just running them, you might try setting LIBPATH for that dir.
But I haven't tried that.

John
Andrew Werden wrote:

> Running AIX 5.1L on an old PowerPC (PPS model 7248). Have bos.64bit
> installed.
>
> Unable to get Oracle 9i client utilitiesprograms to work. Get errors
>
> exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program ./sqlplus because of the following
> errors:
>            0509-032 Cannot run a 64-bit program on a 32-bit machine.
>
> Should Oracle 9i client work on older RS-6000 hardware?
>
> Am getting by via Oracle 8i client, but am trying to run a pure '9i'
> environment.
>
> Any ideas?

0
jmadd (5)
10/12/2003 7:34:49 PM
"JohnM" <jmadd@austin.rr.com> wrote in message
> You might try linking and/or loading the 32 bit libs. I think you find
them
> in $ORACLE_HOME/lib32
> If you're compiling client utils use that instead of the $ORACLE_HOME/lib.
> I had similar problems building
> some third party drivers and that fixed it.
>
> If you're just running them, you might try setting LIBPATH for that dir.
> But I haven't tried that.

Also, make sure the following is included within /etc/inittab

    load64bit:2:wait:/etc/methods/cfg64 >/dev/console 2>&1 # Enable 64-bit
execs

This allows 64-bit applications to run on the 32-bit kernel.

0
Dude3363 (1)

Installers which are supported on 32 bit AIX will it work with 64 bit AIX machine.
Installers which are supported on 32 bit AIX will it work with 64 bit AIX machine. Normally in Unix who it works? kumaaraswamy@gmail.com schrieb: > Installers which are supported on 32 bit AIX will it work with 64 bit > AIX machine. > > Normally in Unix who it works? > on AIX: installp or rpm on SVR4: pkginst works independently of 32 or 64 machine -- Uli What happens in case of upgradation from 32 bit installers to 64 bit installers will it be supported? ...

Installing 32-bit and 64-bit oracle client on windows 2003 Server
Hi, I am wondering if we could install 32-bit client of 10g release2 and 64-bit client of the same (allowing delphi 32-bit apps and some .net Windows services to connect to the oracle database server hosted on HP- UX running 64-bit mode. has anyone done this before? If so, can you please provide me some documentation of how to configure the same. Thanks in advance. Deepak. ...

Installing 32-bit and 64-bit oracle client on windows 2003 Server
Hi, I am wondering if we could install 32-bit client of 10g release2 and 64-bit client of the same (allowing delphi 32-bit apps and some .net Windows services to connect to the oracle database server hosted on HP- UX running 64-bit mode. has anyone done this before? If so, can you please provide me some documentation of how to configure the same. Thanks in advance. Deepak. ...

Installing 32-bit and 64-bit oracle client on windows 2003 Server
Hi, I am wondering if we could install 32-bit client of 10g release2 and 64-bit client of the same (allowing delphi 32-bit apps and some .net Windows services to connect to the oracle database server hosted on HP- UX running 64-bit mode. has anyone done this before? If so, can you please provide me some documentation of how to configure the same. Thanks in advance. Deepak. On 13 Apr 2007 10:00:52 -0700, deepak.kollipara@gmail.com wrote: >Hi, > >I am wondering if we could install 32-bit client of 10g release2 and >64-bit client of the same (allowing delphi 32-bit apps and some .net >Windows services to connect to the oracle database server hosted on HP- >UX running 64-bit mode. has anyone done this before? > >If so, can you please provide me some documentation of how to >configure the same. > >Thanks in advance. >Deepak. Fact: 32-bit client can communicate with 64-bit server without problem. Fact: if you want to install 2 different clients you need to install them in 2 different Oracle homes Fact: your question is redundant, as this is all outlined in the installation documentation on http://otn.oracle.com or http://tahiti.oracle.com both reachable from http://www.oracle.com Fact: you were even too lazy to type www.oracle.com in your browser and hit the documentation button. -- Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA On Apr 13, 11:12 am, sybra...@hccnet.nl wrote: > On 13 Apr 2007 10:00:52 -0700, deepak.kollip...@gmail.com wrote: >...

32 bit or 64 bit Oracle on 64 bit OS?
Hello, Currently our environment is on 10g Release 2, OS windows 2000/2003 standard edition 32 bit. We use shared server to take advantage of scalability and connecting maximum no of simultaneous connections to the database. Now we take advantage of memory beyond 4GB we are planning to check following. 64 bit Windows 2003 standard edition on AMD64/EM64T Servers. Do we need to install 64 bit Oracle as well? Do we need to reinstall Oracle clients with 64 bit installable if Oracle Server is upgraded to 64 bit? Is 32 bit Oracle is certified on 64 bit OS? Do we need to take care of any other issues? Kindly share your experiences and help me to get the answers of these questions. Thanks & Regards, Shailesh Can migrating to Linux will be better option than 64 bit Windows? Please let me know your opinion on this as well. Thanks & Regards, Shailesh Updated Subject. Comments embedded. Shailesh wrote: > Hello, > > Currently our environment is on 10g Release 2, OS windows 2000/2003 > standard edition 32 bit. We use shared server to take advantage of > scalability and connecting maximum no of simultaneous connections to > the database. Now we take advantage of memory beyond 4GB we are > planning to check following. > > 64 bit Windows 2003 standard edition on AMD64/EM64T Servers. > > Do we need to install 64 bit Oracle as well? Yes, 64 bit Oracle is required on 64 bit Windows. The 32 bit version of Oracle may work, but is not su...

Oracle 64 bits and 32 bits oracle applications mix on same machine ?
We used to run solaris 2.6 (32 bits) and oracle 32 bits on older machines. I'm new in the 64 bits world on solaris. I just bought a new sun server (SPARC III) and I plan to run solaris 9 on it, in 64 bits mode, which I think is the default (Can anyone confirm this ?) Does anyone know if it is possible on the same server, which is running in solaris 64 bits mode, and oracle 64 bits version, to run other oracle apps in 32 bits mode ? For example, suppose I have an oracle 64 bits instance running on the server and I have some "legacy" oracle applications that were compiled in 32 bit mode running (Ex: webforms server, old OCI apps) and I don't have the source and I cannot recompile them. Would those 32 bits application run OK ? Also, I've heard that unless you REALLY NEED it (For HUGE SGA for example) you better stick with oracle 32 bits because it performs better. Is that true ? Thanks Without going into too much detail: 1. Install 64-bit Solaris. 2. You can run 32-bit Oracle on 64-bit Solaris...this is very very common. 3. There is no "32-bit" mode as far as Oracle is concerned. Just stick in the 32-bit version of the software, install, and do your work normally. Hope this helps. norwoodthree@my-deja.com (NorwoodThree) wrote in message news:<ba03e2c.0310311021.7c21ae21@posting.google.com>... > Without going into too much detail: > > 1. Install 64-bit Solaris. > 2. You can run 32-bit Oracle on 64-bit Solaris...t...

Run 32-bit and 64-bit listener at the same time on W3K 64-bit
I have Oracle 10.2.0.4-64 bit running on W3K-64-bit. Now I need to run a 32-bit 9.2.0.5 (yes I know, ouch) on this box. I cannot get the listener to work. I use batch file to specifically point to the 9.2 environment, but for some reason it points to the 64-bit version. Any clues? E:\dbscripts>rem set oracle 9.2 environment E:\dbscripts>set ORACLE_HOME=C:\oracle\ora92 E:\dbscripts>set path=C:\oracle\ora92\bin;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;\\CFOLDC1\fopublic\ E:\dbscripts>set TNS_ADMIN=C:\oracle\ora92\network\admin E:\dbscripts>c: C:\>C:\oracle\ora92\bin\lsnrctl.exe LSNRCTL for 32-bit Windows: Version 9.2.0.5.0 - Production on 20-JAN-2010 17:03: 59 Copyright (c) 1991, 2002, Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved. Welcome to LSNRCTL, type "help" for information. LSNRCTL> version Connecting to (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(PORT=1521)) TNSLSNR for 64-bit Windows: Version 10.2.0.4.0 - Production TNS for 64-bit Windows: Version 10.2.0.4.0 - Production Oracle Bequeath NT Protocol Adapter for 64-bit Windows: Version 10.2.0.4 ..0 - Production Windows NT Named Pipes NT Protocol Adapter for 64-bit Windows: Version 1 0.2.0.4.0 - Production Windows NT TCP/IP NT Protocol Adapter for 64-bit Windows: Version 10.2.0 ..4.0 - Production,, The command completed successfully LSNRCTL> -- Terry Dykstra I think on Windows Oracle works differently...

64-bit instance on Aix 32 bit kernel / 64 bit hardware
Hi, Is it worth to use 64-bit DB2 instances on a 32-bit kernel, in terms of: - performance - configuration (go beyond the 256 Mb segment for private mem, 1.75 Gb for Bufferpools) - other ? I've seen NIS is not supported, downlevel (64 to 32 bit ?) is not supported .... The "Should I be using DB2 64-bit?" tech note seems confusing: http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=71&context=SSEPGG&q1=64-bit&uid=swg21188114&loc=en_US&cs=utf-8&lang=en It states some restrictions - You can install 64-bit DB2 UDB Version 8 on 32-bit operating systems only on AIX, HP-UX and Solaris Operating Environments. ==>You will not be able to create or run 64-bit instances. You can only create and run 32-bit instances. <== Really ? The db2setup (8.2 / Aix) asked for 32-bit or 64-bit instance creation. It seems db2iupdt -w 64 works fine, and the instance is functionning, but is it worth ? Thanks for your help, Jean-Marc Jean-Marc, I believe what the technote is trying to say is you can install the 64-bit version of DB2 (i.e. the DB2 binaries) under a 32-bit OS, but once you install the DB2 binaries, you must create DB2 instances in order to operate a DB2 database. I believe it is saying that you cannot create 64-bit instances under a 32-bit OS. If you didn't receive an error in attempting to do so, I guess you are in uncharted territory, and risk not being able to get support from IBM. I'm not ...

Program in 32-bit, run on 64-bit OK?
I am too sure on this. I am preparing to install OpenSuse v10 32-bit on my pc. This pc is for testing my C programs, which will eventually be transferred to my internet host which is running the 64-bit version. Can my programs run ? Off my head I think they should, but the reverse may not. Please correct me. Do I have to pick the correct compiler ? Thanks. sl@exabyte wrote: > I am too sure on this. > > I am preparing to install OpenSuse v10 32-bit on my pc. This pc is for > testing my C programs, which will eventually be transferred to my > internet host which is running the 64-bit version. > Sorry Java and C programs (I think I need not post it to the C/C++ group). On 11/14/2012 8:58 AM, sl@exabyte wrote: > I am too sure on this. > > I am preparing to install OpenSuse v10 32-bit on my pc. This pc is for > testing my C programs, which will eventually be transferred to my internet > host which is running the 64-bit version. > > Can my programs run ? > > Off my head I think they should, but the reverse may not. Please correct me. > > Do I have to pick the correct compiler ? Pure Java: Run with 32 Run with 64 Build with 32 yes yes Build with 64 yes yes Pure C: Run on 32 Run on 64 Build for 32 yes yes Build for 64 no yes Mix of Java and C via JNI: ...

Cannot run a 64 bit program on a 32 bit processor
Can you specify how to configure oracle 9i in 32 bit mode. Also give steps to set up Tuxedo & AIX in 32 bit mode and any other tips that may help in the setup? there is a version for AIX 4.3.3 which is 32-bit ... and really, Oracle doesn't care what kernel mode are you running as long as 64-bit extention is loaded... Harish, For Oracle 9i and your questions about setting up AIX in 32-bit mode, you may find this note from Oracle's support website useful. It tells you how to set up for 64-bit support, but you can also follow some of it to do the opposite and use it in 32-bit mode. As for Tuxedo, I only did the install once, but don't remember it asking me to install a 32-bit vs 64-bit version. I guess either you have to buy the right version, it installs the right one depending on the system, or it can operate on either setup. I know my TUXCONFIG does not have a value that has to be set to 64 or 32, but then again we are still on Tux 6.5. ========================= Excerpt from metalink.oracle.com ========================= Oracle9i - AIX5L Installation Tips ---------------------------------- 1. Install AIX v5.2 at ML01 [or later] and PTFs for HIPER (High-Impact, PERvasive) APARs. If the customer is not ready to use AIX v5.2 and must stay on AIX v5.1, install AIX v5.1 at ML03 [or later]. To get a list of HIPER APARs, please visit: https://techsupport.services.ibm.com/server/aix.CAPARdb . Enter Yes in the box at the top of the window . ...

Install 32 bit SAS on a 64 bit machine?
Hi...can someone help me with the following query I just received? Thanks in advance... The question is: Can I install 32-bit SAS on my 64-bit machine or is there a 64-bit version that I need to get? Andrew Karp Sierra Information Services http://www.sierrainformation.com PS. I am also cross-posting this to the SAS consultants list. Yes, you can run 32-bit SAS on a 64-bit machine and yes, there's a 64- bit SAS that you can run as well. I don't know about installing just a 32-bit version on a 64-bit machine. I installed the 64-bit version on my machine and then ...

32 bit Matlab install on 64 bit linux -- missing 32 bit libXp.so.6 library?
I'm trying to install 32 bit Matlab on 64 bit linux I have seen the Technical Solution <http://www.mathworks.com/support/solutions/data/1-O7POO.html?1-O7POO> and some notes for fixing this problem on Fedora <http://forums.fedoraforum.org/archive/index.php/t-106502.html> However, I'm running Ubuntu 2.6.12-9-amd64-generic, and neither of these takes me all the way to a solution. I'm at the point where I can run the installer with the following: root@lanczos:/usr/local/matlab71_sv# /usr/local/install/install_unix.sh -glnx86 -t -nocp /usr/local/install/unix/install...

Oracle 9i RAC (or 10g)
Mixing 32-bit and 64-bit Oracle clustered DB servers (i.e. 9i RAC or 10g) - does anybody have experience with it? Any OS, any platform. Marco Ippolito wrote: > > Mixing 32-bit and 64-bit Oracle clustered DB servers (i.e. 9i RAC or 10g) - > does anybody have experience with it? Any OS, any platform. IIRC, your word size needs to be the same on all of your RAC nodes. Why do you want to mix them anyway? HTH, Brian -- =================================================================== Brian Peasland dba@remove_spam.peasland.com Remove the "remove_spam." from the email address to email me. "I can give it to you cheap, quick, and good. Now pick two out of the three" Marco Ippolito wrote: > Mixing 32-bit and 64-bit Oracle clustered DB servers (i.e. 9i RAC or 10g) - > does anybody have experience with it? Any OS, any platform. You will have to wait for a subsequent release of 10g for heterogeneous connections. And even then ... I doub if you will be able to mix 32 bit and 64 bit SGAs. -- Daniel Morgan http://www.outreach.washington.edu/ext/certificates/oad/oad_crs.asp http://www.outreach.washington.edu/ext/certificates/aoa/aoa_crs.asp damorgan@x.washington.edu (replace 'x' with a 'u' to reply) Thank you. I was just wondering whether anybody tried thinkering with parameters or even code to bridge the gap and demonstrated a running mixed environment in his lab; something clearly outside Oracle's support bou...

Stand-alone compiled on 64-bit machine to run on 32-bit?
I just compiled my first stand-alone application using R2010b and Matlab Compiler V4.14 (which includes MCR 7.14) on a 64-bit Windows 7 OS. I deployed the package to another 64-bit W7 machine and it ran fine (though I did have to install MCR twice). When I tried to deploy it to a 32-bit W7 machine, there was an error installing MCR (apparently because I deployed a 64-bit version since the error mentioned processor incompatibility). If I find a 32-bit MCR installer, will my stand-alone work? Where can I get a 32-bit version? "Benjamin " <benaneely@gmail.com> wrote in mes...

Relative Oracle performance on 32-bit and 64-bit AIX 5.x
Hi all. I was wondering if anyone here has compared Oracle 9i performance on 32-bit and 64-bit AIX 5.x? I'm currently running everything on 32-bit and am wondering if there is any compelling reason to move to 64-bit? Besides a potentially larger memory access, I cannot see any good reason. If you have pointers to any websites on the above, that would interest me tremendously as well. Thanks and best regards. Rom Marshall ...

does java program run on 64-bit platform as fast as on 32-bit platform
Since the size of integer is fixed (32 bits) on any platform, does java program run on 64-bit platform as fast as on 32-bit platform? On 10 May 2006 03:44:55 -0700, "jcc" <jccpro@gmail.com> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted someone who said : >Since the size of integer is fixed (32 bits) on any platform, does java >program run on 64-bit platform as fast as on 32-bit platform? Java runs on a wide range of 32 and 64 bit platforms. If you have enough money you can get yourself a mainframe or a CPU with 256 processors. But I think what you are getting at is the observa...

Use the Dynamic SGA feature in 32-bit Oracle running on 64-bit Solaris?
Hi All, I have to compare 64 bit 9.2 versus 32 bit 9.2 to see what is the pros and cons for upgrading to which version for my work's production database. My question is will I be able to use the Dynamic SGA feature in 32-bit Oracle running on 64-bit Solaris? Let me tell you what happen? I( my work) open a TAR on this topic, but the metalink analyst say one thing, and the oracle instructor say another thing? ============================================================== Question for Metalink: We are planning to upgrade from 8i to 9i and are interested in using the new Dynamic SGA feature that is enabled by setting SGA_MAX_SIZE. However, I have heard rumors that this feature is not available in 32-bit 9i if you have a "large" SGA. Could you please clarify this for me? I show below our current v$sga that indiactes we are running a 3.3 gigabyte SGA now. Is this considered "large"? Would we need to upgrade to 64-bit 9i if we want to use dynamic SGA sizing with an SGA of this size? NAME VALUE ----------------------------------- ---------- Fixed Size 73888 Variable Size 1913102336 Database Buffers 1638400000 Redo Buffers 5259264 ========================== Oracle instructor said this: My co-worker took a class from Oracle Education recently, and the instuctor told me this: "It depends on the platform. As we discuss in our 'Managing Oracle on Linux' class, to implement an SGA greater than 1.7 GB and upto 2.7 GB on a machine with more ...

Am I running under 32-bits or 64-bits?
I have to use both the 32-bits and the 64-bits versions of Matlab 7.5 under Windows 64-bits (I need the 64-bits version to handle large data sets, but I also need the 32-bits version to run a specific DLL which is not compatible with 64-bits). My problem is: How may a Matlab script or function know whether it is executed under 32 or 64 bits? This information is not present when typing 'ver'. Thanks! F. On Nov 14, 9:58 am, "Frederic Moisy" <moisy.nos...@fast.u-psud.fr> wrote: > I have to use both the 32-bits and the 64-bits versions of > Matlab 7.5 under Window...

Can a Ruby program determine whether it's running on a 32-bit or 64-bit system?
I can't go by RUBY_PLATFORM -- I'm setting up a new 32-bit Linux box, and RUBY_PLATFORM is set to "i686-linux". Or maybe this is a bug -- repaved machine, installed Fedora Core 9, downloaded and built a vanilla Ruby 1.8.6 -- but I see this on another 32-bit Linux box as well (this one's a virtual host, but `cat /proc/ cpuinfo` suggests it's 32-bit) If anyone's wondering, this is related to the Komodo debugger. The ruby-debug-base component is not 32/64-bit universal, so I need to put the 32-bit binary in one dir, the 64-bit one in another, and direct the clien...

reading binary data from a 32 bit machine on 64 bit machine
Hi I am very confused with the use of the struct module to read binary data from a file. ( I have only worked with ascii files so far) I have a file spec for a Data-logger (http://www.dataq.com/support/ techinfo/ff.htm) I am collecting some voltage , time traces on one channel and they are written to the binary file on a 32 bit windows machine The file spec says that the number of header bytes in the data file header is stored as a 16 bit eye "I" at bits 6-7 Now I want to get at that number. When I try format !h I get a meaningful number If f is my file handle opened with "rb" mode >>> f.seek(5) >>> (Integer,) = struct.unpack('!h',f.read(2)) >>> (Integer,) (9348,) I am assuming that means that there are 9348 header bytes . Can someone look at the format spec and tell me if I am on the right track. Also if a binary guru can point me in the direction of a single line format pythonic way to get at the header that will be great Thanks a tonne hari harijay wrote: > Hi I am very confused with the use of the struct module to read binary > data from a file. > ( I have only worked with ascii files so far) > > I have a file spec for a Data-logger (http://www.dataq.com/support/ > techinfo/ff.htm) > > I am collecting some voltage , time traces on one channel and they are > written to the binary file on a 32 bit windows machine > > The file spec says that the number of header bytes in the ...

32-bit Number * 32-bit Number = 64-bit result
I need to do multiplication that mirrors how C handles integer multiplication. That is, one 32-bit number times another 32-bit number equals the least significant 32-bits of the 64-bit result. In theory, I could mimic that behavior like so: (x * x) & 0xFFFFFFFF But this doesn't work quite right because the initial multiplication can produce such a large result that JavaScript looses some precision. Any thoughts? Ideas? "Jeff.M" <Mott.Jeff@gmail.com> writes: > I need to do multiplication that mirrors how C handles integer > multiplication. That is, one 32-bit...

How to tell if a program compiled as 32-bit or 64-bit? (Windows Vista 64)
I think I have finally gotten my Visual C++ Express 2008 to use the 64-bit compiler in the Windows 7 SDK. I THINK! But I want to make sure. I've compiled some programs with the 'target platform' set to x64 in VC Express, but how do I tell if they really compiled into AMD64 code? Thanks, Roy "Bad Roy" <AlaBadRoy@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:e1t5e51mvn3hd721l4or8l1qr2vjiff069@4ax.com... > I think I have finally gotten my Visual C++ Express 2008 to > use the 64-bit compiler in the Windows 7 SDK. I THINK! But I want to > make sure. I've compiled some programs with the 'target platform' set > to x64 in VC Express, but how do I tell if they really compiled into > AMD64 code? > if it is a long-running process, you can use CTRL-ALT-DEL to get to task manager, and see if there is a '*32' by the name (although, verify that there are some other processes which do have this, to make sure this feature is present). alternatively, one can use the CMD shell, and then dumpbin, and see what it says... or via "printf("%p\n", &foo);" or similar (x64 if you see 16 hex digits, rather than 8), not that printf generally only works in console apps though, and doesn't do anything in GUI apps (nevermind that MSVC++ may complain when accessing the C API, as MS for whatever reason thought this was a good idea...). .... > Thanks, > Roy Bad Roy wrote: > I think I have...

installing both 32-bit and 64-bit libraries
I have RedHat EL smp x86_64 system, and now I want to additionally install the 32-bit version of the xorg-x11-libs for some programs that are expecting the file /usr/X11R6/lib/libXpm.so.4 to exist. (I have the 64-bit version in the lib64 subdirectory and I don't think there will be any conflict problem.) Is there an up2date incantation that will get me the 32-bit libraries? I think the answer is: up2date <whatever> --arch=i386 ...

32 bits vs. 64 bits Oracle
I am about to update Oracle from 8.1.7 to 9.2.0 on a Sun E3500 running Solaris 7. If I have the chance to choose, should I prefer the 64 bit version instead of the 32 bit version? Would anyone explain the difference in general, and perhaps in the particular case of Oracle? The machine has 2 GB and won't ever get more. By the way, if if booting kernel/unix (32 bit Kernel), will any 64 bit software still run? We have had a case the other way around: A special software won't run properly if booting the 64 bit Kernel. Thanks in advance Rick Denoire In article <7kc9uvop07odr9k0heb...

Web resources about - Oracle 9i client install - Cannot run 64 bit program on a 32 bit machine? - comp.unix.aix

Machine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A machine is a tool containing one or more parts that uses energy to perform an intended action. Machines are usually powered by mechanical, ...

This machine makes perfect Easter eggs
Meet the EggBot. The EggBot is a machine that can draw on most spherical objects, which are normally very difficult to print on. Users can import ...

Donald Trump and the Republicans' Oz machines
Donald Trump has shown how little influence the Republicans' self-appointed ideological gatekeepers actually have.

Alphabet’s Schmidt Says Next Great IPOs Will Come From Machine Learning
... made his pitch for how cloud computing will move forward, predicting that “the next great IPOs in five years from now” will be built on machine ...

Galaxy S7 survives 45 minutes inside a washing machine
... Samsung's newest flagship phone to its toughest test yet. Yes, Lee decided to put the Galaxy S7 through a full cycle in his LG washing machine ...

Political Machines Steal Elections... It's What They Do And That Doesn't Just Mean The Evil Republicans ...
... Schumer is orchestrating an attempt to destroy the career of the most heroic Democrat in Congress, Alan Grayson. And the vile Norcross Machine ...

This machine makes perfect Easter eggs
The EggBot is a machine that can draw on most spherical objects, which are normally very difficult to print on. Users can import patterns or ...

2016 Chevy Volt Named “Green Machine Of The Year” By NY Daily News
Originally published on EV Obsession. The 2016 Chevy Volt was named as the “Green Machine of the Year” by the New York Daily News, according ...

Google launches service to make machine learning easier
Google is making it easier for businesses to take advantage of the machine learning revolution with a new product for building models that predict ...

Microsoft Gives SQL Server R Analytics a Machine-Learning Push
New machine-learning templates help give SQL Server 2016 customers a get a head start with advanced analytics applications based on the R language. ...