Printer doesn't print

I connected a new printer HP business inkjet 2300 to an old AIX 4.2.1
machine (43P-140). The printer has a postscript interpreter, so I
expected that it is able to print from the AIX machine. But if I issue a
print job, I see some seconds "running", and then DEV_WAIT from lpstat.

What is wrong?

Regards,
--
Burkhard Schultheis
Tele Data Electronic, Wagnerstr. 10, D-76448 Durmersheim

>I connected a new printer HP business inkjet 2300 to an old AIX 4.2.1
> machine (43P-140). The printer has a postscript interpreter, so I
> expected that it is able to print from the AIX machine. But if I issue a
> print job, I see some seconds "running", and then DEV_WAIT from lpstat.

Is the printer on an HP Jetdirect card?  Can you ping the printer?  Are you
able to telnet to the printer's hostname on TCP port 9100?

Best regards,
Paul

0
laixsoft (99)
11/14/2005 12:46:58 AM
laixsoft@laixsoft.com schrieb:
>> I connected a new printer HP business inkjet 2300 to an old AIX 4.2.1
>> machine (43P-140). The printer has a postscript interpreter, so I
>> expected that it is able to print from the AIX machine. But if I issue a
>> print job, I see some seconds "running", and then DEV_WAIT from lpstat.
>
> Is the printer on an HP Jetdirect card?  Can you ping the printer?  Are you
> able to telnet to the printer's hostname on TCP port 9100?

No. It's connected parallel.

Regards,
--
Burkhard Schultheis
Tele Data Electronic, Wagnerstr. 10, D-76448 Durmersheim
Email: schultheis@tde-online.de
Phone: +49 7245 9287-21
0
schultheis (39)
11/14/2005 9:47:12 AM
>>> print job, I see some seconds "running", and then DEV_WAIT from lpstat.
>>
>> Is the printer on an HP Jetdirect card?  Can you ping the printer?  Are
>> you
>> able to telnet to the printer's hostname on TCP port 9100?
>
> No. It's connected parallel.

Since its on a parallel port, can you cat file > /dev/lp## bypassing the
queue?   There isn't very much to adjust when it comes to a parallel port.

Best regards,
Paul

0
laixsoft (99)

Footer OK on print preview, but doesn't print to printer
I am only printing a page footer on page 1 and a page header after page 1. I have experimented heavily w/ placing a .Visible command in different locations and the best results have come with the code below. But while it looks perfect on the screen, The footer doesn't print at all. How can this be??? Private Sub PageHeaderSection_Format(Cancel As Integer... PageFooterSection.Visible = False PageFooterSection.Height = 0 End Sub I had a similar problem once and i relised that if your fields are color and your printer prints only in black than you will not see it in printout but will show on screen. That is the best help I can offer ...

I don't get why '>' doesn't get printed in the following example
When I do a here-document, the '>' character shows up to indicate the start of a newline. [cdalten@localhost ~]$ cat << EOF > My current directory is dir $PWD > EOF My current directory is dir /home/cdalten [cdalten@localhost ~]$ What prevents the '>' characters from showing up in the final output? On Jul 3, 10:35 am, Chad <cdal...@gmail.com> wrote: > When I do a here-document, the '>' character shows up to indicate the > start of a newline. > > [cdalten@localhost ~]$ cat << EOF> My current directory is dir $PWD > &...

Doesn't print on network printer
After install cups and remove cups, my redhat 7.3 (2.4.20) never print again. The lpq will show: Printer: pr3@dhcp212 Queue: no printable jobs in queue Server: no server active Status: job 'nick@dhcp212+631' removed at 11:32:57.687 Rank Owner/ID Class Job Files Size Time done nick@dhcp210+680 A 680 (STDIN) 191263 20:59:07 But windows machine print well. How to trace this problem? I tried to change to unix print to jetdirect, both doesn't work (it works before). ...

FR114P detect the printer but doesn't print
I try to print on a HP Laserjet 1005 (Win2000). The configuration seems to be ok, the spooler handle the print job without error message, and no print. What could it be ? Thanks in advance for your help. Pierre Did you delete the original printer install, and re-install it, as a networked printer? Bill Crocker "Pierre Feller" <pierre.feller@bluemail.ch> wrote in message news:c8269283.0404301340.311dd4c0@posting.google.com... > I try to print on a HP Laserjet 1005 (Win2000). The configuration > seems to be ok, the spooler handle the print job without error > message, and no print. > What could it be ? Thanks in advance for your help. > Pierre What I did: - re-install printer driver - switch on HP Laserjet 1005 before FR114P - change parallel-cable - there is a new menu in the firmware, not described in the manual, you get it with: 192.168.0.1/techsup.htm . This enable you to print directly from FR114P to the printer and to print with a special mode. But in my case it didn't help: with each print order the printer status change from ready to off-line. I am looking now for the possibility to change the handshake-signal from "ack and busy" to "busy" but where and how ? The HP support informs that the HP Laserjet 1000 family works with a hostbased driver and is not able to work as a network-printer ! ? This restriction is new for me, what is your experience with what printer ? ...

DTrace in AIX UNIX doesn't work.
Hello. I have been trained on UNIX in my local community college to do basic administration and how to run DTrace scripts for my job. At the college we had a SUN UNIX workstation connected to a SUN UNIX server. I went to my job and everything was going well until it was time for me to run my DTrace scripts to see if there were any bottlenecks in the system as it seemed a bit sluggish. I got a message in my shell stating "dtrace: command not found". I went to check to see if AIX was listed on UNIX.org, and sure enough AIX 5L was listed in the Unix 2003 registered product list. Wh...

Printer won't print, messages won't delete in WindowsXP Pro
I'm running Windows XP Pro with a Lexmark Z22 printer. Often when I try to print, the printing notification widow pops up. As usual, I hear "Printing started," but nothing happens while the seconds are ticking away on the clock. If I try to cancel the job, then check the printing queue, the job is still there, marked "Deleting." The only way to get it to print is to restart, then it works (until the next time). The only way to delete the unsuccessful print job is to go into task manager under Processes and try to guess which process to delete. This works, when I g...

Printronics Printer
I just installed Printronics 5000 series printer and conneted via Ethernet. I use STRRMTWTR command to staart the writer. However, it prints everything in regular font. I have few reports that are condensed and it doesn't print in condensed format. What am I missing here. Umm You could try this ... create a device for the printer CRTDEVPRT , you'll need some sort of driver if you F4 prompt on the MFRTYPMDL field, you'll get a list, you might have to pick a driver that the printer can emulate , since your Printronics 5000 might not be listed. Peter "IKNIR" <as400tips@lycos.com> wrote in message news:204f0ba7.0407052004.65e17e79@posting.google.com... > I just installed Printronics 5000 series printer and conneted via > Ethernet. I use STRRMTWTR command to staart the writer. However, it > prints everything in regular font. I have few reports that are > condensed and it doesn't print in condensed format. What am I missing > here. as400tips@lycos.com (IKNIR) wrote in message news:<204f0ba7.0407052004.65e17e79@posting.google.com>... > I just installed Printronics 5000 series printer and conneted via > Ethernet. I use STRRMTWTR command to staart the writer. However, it > prints everything in regular font. I have few reports that are > condensed and it doesn't print in condensed format. What am I missing > here. Try this link: http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase.NSF/7c4c0f5a4d52e3c4862569b4005d198a/0fc2...

Tiger doesn't print well (various printers)
Hi I have printing problems since I upgraded to a G5/Tiger. My setup was working perfectly on the G4 under Panther: HP CP1700 via USB, HP driver HP DJ1120C and DJ 500 via GIMP-PRINT Now except for the DJ500 nothing is working correctly on the G5/Tiger (10.4.2). The CP1700 says it's processing the page, pulls a paper in, but nothing ever comes out while the computer says printing went ok. I tried the CP1700 using GIMP-PRINT, through my HP Print Server. The 1120C doesn't even pull in a paper but I get an error message from the Print Monitor 'imagetoprint unex...

Redhat 7.3 doesn't print to network printer
After install cups and remove cups, my redhat 7.3 (2.4.20) never print again. The lpq will show: Printer: pr3@dhcp212 Queue: no printable jobs in queue Server: no server active Status: job 'nick@dhcp212+631' removed at 11:32:57.687 Rank Owner/ID Class Job Files Size Time done nick@dhcp210+680 A 680 (STDIN) 191263 20:59:07 But windows machine print well. How to trace this problem? I tried to change to unix print to jetdirect, both doesn't work (it works before). ...

Netatalk Printing doesn't Print.
Hi, I'm running RH 7.3 with netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3. I have been trying to figure out how to get my network printers to print from our Macs (OS 9.2 & OS X). I would like to run it through a print server to log all the print jobs, but I cannot seem to get the Macs to print to this printer. The printer comes up in the chooser without a problem, but when you hit print, it cannot seem to make the connection (i.e. it doesn't print). I have looked all over the web and could not seem to find a working answer to this...maybe comp.os.linux.networking could be of help? Here are my config files below. Thanks in advance, -D /etc/printcap : Printer1:\ :ml=0:\ :mx=0:\ :sd=/var/spool/lpd/Printer1:\ :af=/var/spool/lpd/Printer1/Printer1.acct:\ :sh:\ :lp=|/usr/share/printconf/util/jetdirectprint:\ :lpd_bounce=true:\ :if=/usr/share/printconf/util/mf_wrapper: /etc/atalk/config : # Appletalk configuration # Change this to increase the maximum number of clients that can connect: AFPD_MAX_CLIENTS=150 # Change this to set the machine's atalk name: #ATALK_NAME=`echo ${HOSTNAME}|cut -d. -f1` ATALK_NAME=LinuxBox # Set which daemons to run: PAPD_RUN=yes AFPD_RUN=yes # Control whether the daemons are started in the background ATALK_BGROUND=yes /etc/atalk/papd.conf : # Attributes are: # # Name Type Default Description # pd str ".ppd" Pathname to ppd file. # pr str &quo...

Epson USB printer doesn't work with D-Link print server
Is there a print server than will wok with OS 9.1, with a USB printer? And or, with a LaserWriter Select 360? -Dennis -- Dennis Kessler http://denniskessler.com/acupuncture ...

Mail merge doesn't mail and/or doesn't merge
Mail merge doesn't mail and/or doesn't merge With me at least it doesn't. We are getting too many false positives on our bcc-mailing lists, so I decided to give the mail merge feature in PM 4.41 a go. The goal was to simultaneously send messages addressed to multiple recipients. I made a csv file containing nine of my own addresses in a column called ~kemail~, made this the data file, checked the box for the first field to be the fieldname and sent the email with the string ~kemail~ in the address box. I also attached a pdf file. PM reported a successful transaction, b...

Kyocera printer on two (2) IP OVMS 7.2-1 doesn't print.
Until now we've been able to print to a Kyocera printer queue initialized with the systartup_vms.com DCL command: $init/que/start/on=V99::"141...:9102"/proc=tcpip$telnetsym KYOCERA The print queue remains busy (doesn't print), after: 1)adding a second IP (10.60...) to the Alpha OpenVMS, 2)changing the Kyocera's address, gateway, etc to 10.60... 3)changing the DCL command to: $init/que/start/on=V99::"10.60...:9102"/proc=tcpip$telnetsym KYOCERA Rebooted the system after the changes. The HP4xxx DCPS Queues work fine after the IP change. Could I change the V9...

tkdesk on fedora core 5 -- doesn't run, doesn't compile
Hello, all: I've been using TkDesk for years. It's my favorite file manager. But after upgrading to Fedora Core 5, it doesn't run anymore: *** glibc detected *** tkdesksh: munmap_chunk(): invalid pointer: 0x0853dd18 *** ======= Backtrace: ========= /lib/libc.so.6(__libc_free+0x17b)[0xb7c1751f] tkdesksh[0x8051f04] /usr/lib/libtcl8.4.so(TclInvokeStringCommand+0x6e)[0xb7e29c7e] <snip> /usr/lib/libtk8.4.so(Tk_MainEx+0x40d)[0xb7eff57d] tkdesksh[0x804fb00] /lib/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xdc)[0xb7bc57e4] tkdesksh(sinh+0x61)[0x804f9e1] ======= Memory map: ======== 08048000-080f8000 r-xp 00000000 08:02 261716 /usr/local/bin/tkdesksh <snip> b7fee000-b7fef000 rw-p 00019000 08:02 751486 /lib/ld-2.4.so bf8d7000-bf8ed000 rw-p bf8d7000 00:00 0 [stack] ffffe000-fffff000 ---p 00000000 00:00 0 [vdso] Abort So, I tried to recompile, but I get this error: tixImgXpm.c:66: error: conflicting types for 'Tcl_Panic' tixImgXpm.c:66: note: a parameter list with an ellipsis can't match an empty parameter name list declaration /usr/include/tclDecls.h:39: error: previous declaration of 'Tcl_Panic' was here make[1]: *** [tixImgXpm.o] Error 1 make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/tkdesk/tkdesk-2.0/libdesk' make: *** [lib_libdesk] Error 2 Help, please. I've compiled TkDesk before without any problem. Do I need to point to new header/library locations? Thanks, Alan ...

How to determine whether a file doesn't exist or doesn't have enough permissions
Hello everone, I am stuck in determining whether a file does not exist or does not have enough permissions so that access to this file is denied?". I am using java.io.File.exists() or java.io.File.canRead() methods to check this but both of them just return false in both above mentioned cases. In the documentation however its mentioned that these method throw SecurityException - If a security manager exists and its SecurityManager.checkRead(java.lang.String) method denies read access to the file. But then problem is to write a security manager which denies read access if the file does not...

Can't see print preview and can't print under Lexmark Z32!
Hi, I face a problem that my customer using lexmark z32 USB prot printer, clarion 5.5 can't generate print preview and can't to printer also. Does anybody face this problem before? How to solve this problem? TQ. Best Regards, Nelson ...

iproute2 fwmark doesn't work (or iptables --set-mark doesn't)
Hi, I just subscribed this group. Hello everyone! I have a problem with setting up routing. In short, I want to mark certain packets with iptables and then catch these marks with iproute2. However Linux seems to ignore these marks. I have a 3.11.4 kernel with CONFIG_IP_ADVANCED_ROUTER and CONFIG_IP_MULTIPLE_TABLES set. Here's my setup: - eth0: LAN - IP 192.168.0.1, netmask /24 - It connects to the LAN - eth1: WAN - IP 192.168.1.180, netmask /24, gateway 192.168.1.1 - It connects to the Internet - tap0: VPN (created with OpenVPN) - Local IP 172.24.25.4, remote IP (and gateway) 172.24.25.2, netmask /24 I want to pass certain traffic through 192.168.1.1 (eth1) and certain through 172.24.25.2 (tap0) - local traffic as well as routed traffic. Rules will be somewhat complicated (for locally-generated traffic and routed traffic), now just let's assume that I want to mark all packets to go through 192.168.1.1. I have added two new routing tables to /etc/iproute2/rt_tables: #v+ 2 vpn 3 wan #v- I've created two of them, so the main table will not have a default gateway. This way I can avoid errors - if I make a mistake and traffic goes through the main table, it won't get out. Tables are then populated: #v+ ip route flush table main ip route add 192.168.0.0/24 dev eth0 table main ip route add 192.168.1.0/24 dev eth1 table main ip route add 172.24.25.0/24 dev tap0 table main ip route flush table...

why the printer does't print my first requested printing task?
I 'm using web printer to print my result(graphs), I used a loop to run the program 5 times, but whenever I run the program, my first printing request is not carried out by the printer. It seemd that the printer did not respond to my first request. So I have to re-run the program one more time to get that missed "printing". and now it works. I don't know what is the real cause of this. ...

Print job gets to queue, but doesn't print
I've searched high and low for a solution, but I have just had no luckgetting any output. I have a function that reads a text file and sendsthe file to the printer.. however, it never reaches the printer,rather, it just sits and hangs in the printers print queue. (and ofcourse its no simple task to delete that queued print job with thesimple "cancel" option in windows... have to open up cmd and type "netstop spooler", then "net start spooler", then cancel the print job toget it to delete). It acts almost like it doesn't close the printstream when it reaches the end of the file, but I have no idea how toclose the stream once everything has been printed or spooled. Also aside note, it doesn't lock up the java app when the printer is set to"spool", but it does when it is set to accept an input stream...anyhow, here's the code thats been causing this headache for a week... public synchronized void PrintFile(String filename, Stringselectedprinter) { selectedprinter = (selectedprinter == null)? defaultprinter :selectedprinter; DocFlavor flavor = DocFlavor.INPUT_STREAM.AUTOSENSE; PrintRequestAttributeSet attrib = newHashPrintRequestAttributeSet(); PrintService svs[] =PrintServiceLookup.lookupPrintServices(flavor, attrib); int pindex = -1; for(int a = 0; a < svs.length; a++) { String tmp = svs[a].toString(); if(tmp.compareTo(selectedprinter) == 0){ p...

PS3: doesn't come with Linux, doesn't even run Linux by default
What other cola claims have been dashed by reality? In fact, you can install on the PS3 any OS that's been designed for it. I don't expect MS to port Vista, but you never know... http://www.playstation.com/ps3-openplatform/faq.html Q. What types of "Other OSs" can be installed? A. You can install any system software that is designed to run on PLAYSTATION´┐Ż3. Unfortunately we cannot provide you with specific information about what types of "Other OSs" are available because "Other OS" and the boot loader programs are produced and distributed by third-par...

Jeff Doesn't Like Pizza; Jeff Doesn't Like In-House Working Peripherals
Jeff sits in a tangle of trackball wires. Jeff can't order a delicious pizza from the Web. He won't call the Geek Squad to fix his broken trackball. Meanwhile, Linux service explodes with In-Home Fixit People. Get these People to Fix the Track Ball ! Jeff (!) begin Steve Zissou (JBailo) nymshifted: > > Jeff sits in a tangle of trackball wires. > < snip > Fine, JBailo. So this idiot has felt the need to be mentioned again. You, in your infinite idiocy, naturally did his wishes. Idiot -- Warning: 10 days have passed since your last Windows reinstall. Hi Steve_Zissou, You wrote: << Jeff sits in a tangle of trackball wires. Jeff can't order a delicious pizza from the Web. He won't call the Geek Squad to fix his broken trackball. Meanwhile, Linux service explodes with In-Home Fixit People. Get these People to Fix the Track Ball ! Jeff (!) >> Googling for: << Linux site:geeksquad.com >> yeilds Zero hits. They'd charge an arm and a leg and they couldn't fix a thing. ...

can't get the $_GET['id'] after the header is sent but page doesn't redirect
In the first if, the page is displayed without any company cars selected. If there is a company selected, then the id value is posted and captured by the redirect (1st elseif). Then one of two things can happen. The final else the selected company/id cars get displayed in the browser, or in the case of a post to a form for excel, the a header gets sent to the to the current_sightingsXL.php page. The current_sightingsXL.php and current_sightings.php pages test out. The second elseif works with one minor problem. I have to type in the url with the id to get it to download to excel. if{XXXX }elseif($_POST['redirect']&&$_POST['redirect']!=$_SERVER['PHP_SELF']){ Header("Location: ".$_POST['redirect'].".php?id=".$_POST['id']); exit; }elseif($_POST['assign']=='Open in Excel'){ Header("Location: current_sightingsXL.php?id=".$_GET:['id']); exit; }else{ xxxxx}; When the first elseif gets hit then this happens in the url: http://www.allcapitalrail.com/current_sightings.php?id=117 Then if I post the button to excel, this should happen but it doesn't: www.allcapitalrailXL.com?id=117 However, if I type the above line in the url then the excel download works. What happens is when I click the excel post button the get id doens't get into the url. I get www.allcapitalrail.com which starts over. But at this point if I type in the www.allcapitalrail.com/...

Code doesn't produce anything on screen
Hi Friends! I have got the following code for converting Fahreignheit to Celsius, which writes the output to a file called fout and then prints the output from that file. It is compiled without producing any error, and when I try to run it do not get any error also, but it doesn't write anything on the screen either. When we take the output directly from the code (without writing it on a file and reading from there) it works excellently, but when we take the first route the above is the scene. Can somebody help tell me where is the problem and what is the solution if I want to read the ...

HP Deskjet 3550 doesn't print when print preview is enabled
My Deskjet 3550 won't ever print when it gives a print preview. From the day I bought it, if there is a print preview it doesn't print, it just sits there. Anybody seen this before? ...

Web resources about - Printer doesn't print - comp.unix.aix