Printing bigger than letter siz files

I need to print image files (HPGL type)out to a Xerox printer.  The
problem is that files that are bigger than letter size only get a
portion of if printed out on letter size paper.  How would I make the
queue resize the image so that it proportionatly fits onto a letter
size piece of paper?

Thanks!
PC
0
tcarter7 (4)
7/12/2004 6:49:34 PM
comp.unix.aix 10935 articles. 6 followers. drkirkby (98) is leader. Post Follow

How to print permutations?
If we have three variables a,b,c...which are char variables....then hoe to print there all permutations? for example....abc, bac, cab.......all of them.... Shraddha wrote: > If we have three variables a,b,c...which are char variables....then > hoe to print there all permutations? > for example....abc, bac, cab.......all of them.... > Are all of these questions school work or something? On 25 Maj, 14:44, Shraddha <shraddhajosh...@gmail.com> wrote: > If we have three variables a,b,c...which are char variables....then > hoe to print there all permutations? > for ex...

Lettered appendices
After a number of sections (\section{...}), I would like to have a number of appendices, where the appendices are at the same "level" as the sections and are identified A, B, C, .... I could do it by hand but it would be nice if the A, B, C... were generated automatically, and cross references and table of contents worked just as with \section. How may I do this? Same question, but with \chapter in place of \section. -- I think I am an Elephant, Behind another Elephant Behind /another/ Elephant who isn't really there.... A.A. Milne Am Sat, 08 Jun 2013 ...

print math symbol into image created with GD
Hy! I am using the GD::Simple libs to draw a simple diagram. My problem is, that I have to put some math symbols in there (for example the symbol for delta and my). Is there an easy way to do that? Best regards, Kai Kai Schlamp schreef: > I am using the GD::Simple libs to draw a simple diagram. My problem > is, that I have to put some math symbols in there (for example the > symbol for delta and my). > Is there an easy way to do that? Yes, with a proper font. -- Affijn, Ruud "Gewoon is een tijger." Yep ... figured it out ... used a truetype font named symbol.tt...

Re: help with print/page #3
tomarsin2015@comcast.net wrote on 03/03/2006 12:28:27 PM: > Thanks for replies. > AFRICA> sqf laserjet5l > Printer queue LASERJET5l, idle, on AFRICA::"10.120.201.200:9100", > mounted form DEFAULT > <laserjet 5l> > /BASE_PRIORITY=4 /DEFAULT=(FEED,FORM=DEFAULT) Lowercase > /OWNER=[SYSTEM] > /PROCESSOR=TCPIP$TELNETSYM /PROTECTION=(S:M,O:D,G:R,W:S) > > Entry Jobname Username Blocks Status > ----- ------- -------- ------ ------ > 103 TAPE0909 SYSTEM 3139 Holding > Submitt...

PyExcelerator: How does one close a file?
I use PyExcelerator to write data into Excel files, and repeatedly call the function writeData with different filenames fn from my main routine. Unfortunately, only one file - the last one - is created. The problem seems to lie with the fact that I do not close the existing file before calling the function again, and the existing file is therefore just saved with a new name. Is there a way to close a PyExcelerator Excel file so that each call to the function results in a new file? There is no close() method as far as I can tell. def writeData(fn, Data): """Write the data in...

file name with string
Hello! I need to append a string to a file name, but: fopen(fid,Results_%s,'w','',mystring) doesn't work. Could you give me any suggestions? Thank you. Carla Carla Cimatoribus: <SNIP down to syntax atrocity fopen(fid,Results_%s,'w','',mystring) one of the many solutions: fnam=sprintf('res_%s',mystr); fopen(fnam,'w'); us hi, same without function call: fopen(fid,['Results_' mystring],'w') J�r�me. "Carla Cimatoribus" <carla@ist.uni-stuttgart.de> wrote in message news:eef63f1.-1@web...

font with "toys" letter
Hello, All! Where i can download font with "toys" letter ? With best regards, -= Luca =-. -= Luca =- wrote: > Hello, All! > > Where i can download font with "toys" letter ? > > With best regards, -= Luca =-. > > Sorry, forgot which group I was in when I attached the file. (Maybe you'll be lucky and get it anyway) There's a font named ToyBox by Chris Brown An old demo version is here: http://www.sharkshock.com/fonts/fontscom.html If you have access to alt.binaries.fonts I'll post Geoffrey there. It has the full character set AND...

Color Printing
Is there any other color printer I can use with the IIGS other than the Imagewriter II? I read through the FAQs and didn't see anything other than the Epson LQ mentioned. Is there anything else I can use? A Color Stylewriter, perhaps? Pat Patricia Glenn wrote: > Is there any other color printer I can use with the IIGS other than the > Imagewriter II? I read through the FAQs and didn't see anything other than > the Epson LQ mentioned. Is there anything else I can use? A Color > Stylewriter, perhaps? > > Pat I had my Epson Color Stylus 800 colour inkjet printe...

read file and print contents
hello, im new to ruby and i have a text file and want to read in the file and print it out. so far iv got the following. I'd greatly appreciate any help. thanks. text file (reference.txt): Tag: ref1 Type: Book Author: Little, S R ruby file: #!/usr/local/bin/ruby # # # read file and print # ARGV.each do |fn| begin (fn == '-' ? STDIN : File.open(fn)).each_line do |l| if $indent > 0 (1..$indent).each { print ' ' } end puts l end -- Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/. I would change if $indent > 0 (1..$indent).each { print ...

Uploading large files
Hi For a CMS admin tool I would like to provide a possibility to upload large files to a directory on the webserver. As HTTP uploads are limited in file size and also not comfortable in handling, I thought of an FTP solution. Displaying a link to ftp://mydomain.com/mydirectory is easy but limited to browsers who can act as FTP clients, such as Internet Explorer. When looking at PHP's FTP functions and googling for web-based FTP applications it looks like they all need an HTTP upload to get the data to the webserver which acts as an FTP client then. Java applets usually provide the...

Transferring files from MAC to Win XP
How can I transfer files from MAC 8.5.1 to Win XP using FMP 4.1. The media available on the MAC end is a usb zip drive, although I would like to use a usb flash drive but the MAC doesn't accommodate it. We have Filemaker pro 4.1 loaded on both systems. Any suggestions to accomplish this would be appreciated. Ozzie Matics wrote: > How can I transfer files from MAC 8.5.1 to Win XP using FMP 4.1. The media > available on the MAC end is a usb zip drive, although I would like to use a > usb flash drive but the MAC doesn't accommodate it. We have Filemaker pro > 4.1 ...

MP4 Files
Is there any RISC OS application that can play MP4 files? Peter In message <4d65b816d4Peter@nildram.co.uk> Peter Dunkley <Peter@nildram.co.uk> wrote: > Is there any RISC OS application that can play MP4 files? Cineroma is claimed to support MP4, but David McEwen has not announced a release date yet. Apart from that: No. The only other candidate, KinoAmp, only supports MPEG1/2 video stream files. Martin -- --------------------------------------------------------------------- Martin Wuerthner MW Software http://www.mw-software.com/ spamtrap@mw-soft...

Convert image to binary file
Hi. I'm trying to use Matlab to convert a black and white image into a sting of bits which can then be used as the input to an artificial neural network. I have the code below, but when I execute it the output file is blank. BW = imread('image1.bmp'); fid = fopen('exp.txt', 'w'); count = fwrite(fid, BW); fclose(fid); Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? I need the matrix to be read line by line into a string of bits with a space between each bit. e.g. for a 2*2 image with a white pixel in the top left hand corner the output should be 1 0 0 0. Thanks, ...

Trouble Printing Yellow On HP R80xi+
I have a 3 year old HP Multifunction R80xi ink jet printer that I have probably printed a total of 2,500 pages on. For some reason I can not get it to print yellow. I have installed brand new ink cartridges (both black and color) and have cleaned, calibrated, and done everything else I can think of. Also have searched HP's site for help. I am running 98SE. Can anybody give some guidance? -- <Bill> Brought to you from beautiful Unalaska/Dutch Harbor, Alaska. N 53� 51.140' W 166� 30.228' (WGS 84) ...

cvs file write bug
Casually, I had devel/cvs installed on my system. Therefore audit-packages told me about the file-write-bug in cvs<1.11.10 [1] But for those who did not install devel/cvs (this is likely because of /usr/bin/cvs being in base system) there should be a security advisory on netbsd.org, I think. The base system of NetBSD 1.6.2_RC3 contains cvs-1.11.5. This versions seems to be affected. Was it wrong to notify security-alert (at) netbsd.org about that? Regards, Heiko [1] http://ccvs.cvshome.org/servlets/NewsItemView?newsID=84 ...

I wanna to print two copies of a print job from two different trays
Hi , I have a very critical printing incidence, At one of my customer's premises, we need to print two copies of every invoice, and we need to direct each copy to different tray of the HP 4250tn printer. Can your know a software that has a feature to avail it? Please guide ASAP IF YOU HAVE TO POST THAT YOU GOOTA BE REAL DUMB mannubhai wrote: >Hi , >I have a very critical printing incidence, >At one of my customer's premises, we need to print two copies of >every invoice, and we need to direct each copy to different tray of the > >HP 4250tn pri...

i need a batch file to move folders
i tried to make a batch file to move subfolders and their contents from within a folder in one drive to another folder to another drive but it didn't seem to work... i want to run the file at scheduled times... using the windows scheduler in start | accessories can someone please tell me how to write this simple script to move subfolders... or does ms-dos only move files rather than folders... thanks Mike Henley wrote: >i tried to make a batch file to move subfolders and their contents >from within a folder in one drive to another folder to another drive >but it d...

Calling different modules of a project from another main file
Hello Friends Our group has finished a project which has different modules in it, executing different tasks. We need to call this different modules of the project from a different main file. For callling each module, I have set a single bit input port for each module in the project so that when these input ports are set, the modules start working. According to my knowledge in verilog, we could call the entire project or all the modules together by setting all the input ports. But what we want is,calling different modules of the project at differe...

Uncompressing a 16-bit compressed file on MINIX.
Hello.;) I am trying to uncompress a .Z file which was compressed on LINUX using zip. As far as I know, MINIX's uncompress command only supports 13-bit compression. Is there any MINIX command which handles 16-bit compression? If not, How can I make a 13-bit compressed file on LINUX? Thanks, Sam * drminix@gmail.com wrote: | Hello.;) | | I am trying to uncompress a .Z file which was compressed on LINUX using | zip. As far as I know, MINIX's uncompress command only supports 13-bit | compression. Is there any MINIX command which handles 16-bit | compression? If not, How can I make a 1...

can't add file associations
Running 10.1 oe ..kde 3.3��everything�is�smooth�so�far�except�that�when�I try to add file associations the changes don't take effect. In fact when I enter an application for a file type, the window asking me for the application's name closes like normal, but no application shows up associated with it. Has anyone else run into this problem?..and if so by chance found any solution?.. I know its not a system threatening problem..but it is frustrating.�� Thank you very much. -- Power to the Penguin ! Tron wrote: > Running 10.1 oe ..kde 3.3��everything�is�smooth�so�far�except�that�w...

Search Path for graphics files
When I use fedora 13/TeXLive 2010 at home, my company logo file (.eps) is automatically picked up from my TEXMFHOME/tex/latex/blah directory. However, at work, using cygwin/tetex, I have to put a copy of the .eps file in my LaTeX source directory for it to find it. Is there a way to get cygwin/tetex to use the file in the TEXMFHOME directory? --Randy On 27/04/11 20:48, Randy Yates wrote: > When I use fedora 13/TeXLive 2010 at home, my company logo file (.eps) > is automatically picked up from my TEXMFHOME/tex/latex/blah directory. > However, at work, using cygwin/tetex, I have to p...

how to print document generated by man?
On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 19:57:24 +0300, serg wrote: Please bookmark the following, very large, Frequently Asked Questions (faq) Search engine: http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search print man document in the first box *unix* in Newsgroup, U need 2 use *, pick English Results 1 - 10 of about 3,580 for print man document group:*unix*. (1.41 seconds) In article <cer4oe$2bm$1@snake.ukrnet.net>, serg <serg@sigma.icmp.lviv.ua> wrote: > > > man command | col -b Chuck Demas -- Eat Healthy | _ _ | Nothing would be done at all, Stay Fit ...

Parsing a .log file
How can I space delimit parse a .log file having following text (Multiple paras) as input: SEPA40 KWAL 161625 /3540E15A 016162513":PRS 0 #1 2857 2830 2860 2829 2838 2842 2873 2844 2864 2826 :RAD 0 #1 6110 6101 6104 6090 6109 6115 6119 6112 6111 6100 :SW1 25 #60 0 :SW2 55 #60 0 :BAT 4 #5 13.8 :NAME 3540E15A 42+0NN 216W= Output should reflect: /3540E15A 016162513" PRS 0 #1 2857 2830 2860 2829 2838 2842 2873 2844 2864 .... ... Further I have to perform some encoding so that, the above data reflect as time stream i. e. final output will be...

chmod and file timestamp
Maybe this is a silly question, and I sort of feel I should know the answer, but... why doesn't chmod in solaris change the time stamp of a file when you do an ls? How can I determine the time a file was chmod'd ? Thanks :) Michelle Michelle wrote: > Maybe this is a silly question, and I sort of feel I should know the > answer, but... why doesn't chmod in solaris change the time stamp of a > file when you do an ls? > > How can I determine the time a file was chmod'd ? > > Thanks :) > > Michelle oh I think ls -lac works In article <7n...

more than one print to a page
I suspect this is a basic question, but I would appreciate help. How do I place multiple images on one page to be printed? I guess it comes down to, how do I add a second image to a page to be printed? Thanks. Bob On Sat, 12 Jan 2008 11:49:40 -0500, "robertmcdonaldph" <robertmcdonaldph@bellsouth.net> wrote: >I suspect this is a basic question, but I would appreciate help. How do I >place multiple images on one page to be printed? I guess it comes down to, >how do I add a second image to a page to be printed? > >Thanks. > >Bob > Are you usin...