Printing bigger than letter siz files

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

I need to print image files (HPGL type)out to a Xerox printer.  The
problem is that files that are bigger than letter size only get a
portion of if printed out on letter size paper.  How would I make the
queue resize the image so that it proportionatly fits onto a letter
size piece of paper?

Thanks!
PC
0
Reply tcarter7 (4) 7/12/2004 6:49:34 PM

See related articles to this posting

comp.unix.aix 10882 articles. 5 followers. Post

Use textmerg for printing, but output letters to separate files?
Hi Guys, Can this be done? I'm trying to generate letters of all sorts from oracle output, and textmerg does what I need (in terms of the beautification of the output and the actual printing) beautifully. Now I need to get the actual letter (PDF or PS) back into oracle per person as a BLOB. Cheers, Andrej Worked around it with a bit of awk, sed and bash. The result set from the database has a fixed field-count per record, so it was next to trivial to split it into separate files using awk. awk -v pid=$ourpid '{if((NR+3)%4 == 0){ ori=$1;print ori > "serial"pid }; fi...

How to Print a "Print to File" File
Here is what I want to do: I printed a PDF file as "print to file" (File.PS) It is a PostScript Printer file (It comes to 265K) Now, I want to send the file "File.PS" to the printer on LPT1 so it will print. I tried >copy File.PS lpt1 BUT, it seems it sent something to the printer (Not long enough as when Adobe Reader send the PDF file to the printer) and nothing happened. I sent it again as above and about 2 inches of the page printed. Any suggestion how to do what I want? OR Why what I tried did not work? Paul -- ...

What is better: file>print to distiller or file>print to ps file>into distiller?
I noticed that some files WILL convert to pdf by printing to PS-file first, and some ony when you print to distiller 'directly' Is there any difference in the 'quality'of the resulting pdf? Reason I'm asking is because my boss wants to set up a dedicated distiller-server, that we will send ps-files to, to be distilled. But from my experience, i get less failure if I print 'directly' to distiller from the application I'm using. Any comments on this welcome! Yada In message <1069972424.464483@evisp-news-01.ops.asmr-01.energis-idc.net>, Yada <yada@...

How to print a file come from "print to file" ?
Hi, Many languages and software can "print to a file" , any way to open and print the 'print to file' file ? Best regards Shuming Wang In article <3ac60ec6.0311290302.731ee4d7@posting.google.com> Wangshuming@xtech.com.cn "Shuming Wang" writes: > Hi, > Many languages and software can "print to a file" , any way to open > and print the 'print to file' file ? run ("copy " + print_to_file_file + " PRN") Assuming the question is something to do with Clipper... Pete -- "We have not inhe...

"Print to file" = prn, but how to print such a prn file???
When you "print" a document in Word, you have the option tot print "to file". Then you get a .PRN file. But when I send that file to a colleague how can he print such a file??? luc.declercq7VERWIJDER_DIT@pandora.be (Bald=Beautiful) wrote in news:jzHqd.4408$025.194669@phobos.telenet-ops.be: > When you "print" a document in Word, you have the option tot print > "to file". > Then you get a .PRN file. > But when I send that file to a colleague how can he print such a > file??? I can't answer your question, but there...

How to print a raw file (print ready file) through USB port in MS Windows?
Hi, all: I have a print ready file (PCL or PS format) to send to a printer through USB port. But my platform is Win2k. Is there any method to directly send the job through USB port to the printer in Win2k? (just like "cat abc.ps > dev/usb/lp0" in linux) thanks for any advice, johny ...

How to print a raw file (print ready file) through USB port in MS Windows?
Hi, all: I have a print ready file (PCL or PS format) to send to a printer through USB port. But my platform is Win2k. Is there any method to directly send the job through USB port to the printer in Win2k? (just like "cat abc.ps > dev/usb/lp0" in linux) thanks for any advice, johny ...

How to print a raw file (print ready file) through USB port in MS Windows?
Hi, all: I have a print ready file (PCL or PS format) to send to a printer through USB port. But my platform is Win2k. Is there any method to directly send the job through USB port to the printer in Win2k? thanks for any advice, johny ...

printing French letters in System.out.print

MEX C file, print to file.
I use this code to print data from Matlab to txt file. I invoke this function from s-function file, as an input I gave signal generator from simulink. In Matlab 6.5 I can only print to file if i multiplie the input by 2 ( by 1 doesnt work) in Matlab 7.0 it never doesnt work. CODE: #include "tmwtypes.h" #include <stdlib.h> #include <stdio.h> real_T funcc(real_T input) { real_T output; static FILE *fp = NULL; /* open output file if not done in previosu calls*/ if(!fp) { fp = fopen("Out.txt","wt"); } /* write the sample and check...

printing a file to a print server prettily
I generate a series of paper files every morning, anywhere from a few dozen to a couple of thousand. I have copied the function that I use below. This function takes a file name, which is an ASCII file with a name like 'john_doe.txt' with a number of fields (name, address, previous college, enrollment date, etc., maybe 30 in all) and the resulting output is distriubted to personnel for further processing and filing (in a physical file folder -- which is one reason why we need to actually print the file). We have an employee who has been used to getting output from an Access database. ...

Print to ps file not pdf file
Hello, all! In Classic Mac OS, it was possible to print to a .ps (postscript) file instead of sending a document to a printer. In Mac OS X, it is now possible to print to a .pdf (Adobe portable document format) file instead of sending a document to a printer, but you can no longer print to a .ps file. The printer in our department (an HP Laserjet 8000 N) does not print ..pdf documents for some reason (network operator says it's something Adobe did wrong - not really the point of my post) but will still print ..ps files just fine. I am a math grad student, so the program I use mos...

Print out an Expression Letter by Letter on the same line
I taught a course using Mathematica.....the problem I encountered with that was everything was all set to go, i.e. printed out completely.....and may have given the Students too much information all at once.... I notice there is a Difference in watching an Instructor write an Expression on the Black board Letter by Letter....the mind has a chance to acclimate to what he is writing, etc.... Hence, I wondered is there a way that I could get Mathematica to do that for me....example, Print out f[x] = Sin[x].....and be able to vary the Pause between letters until I find what is Optimum....

Printing a PDF File from a Batch file?
Is there a utilty which can be used in a ..bat file or a VBS script which will queue a PDF file to the default printer? Thanks, Peter Gordon Hello, You did not say if you have ADOBE ACROBAT installed on you computer? I think you can use the verb "PRINT" or "PRINTTO" with the win32 API "ShellExecute" to queue and print the PDF file on the default printer only. However, the file type "PDF" must be registered in the system registry first -- then windows will be able launches the appropriate program for that particular file. http://s...

Problem
# application server - JbossServer-4.0.4.# OS: windowsXP# IDE: Eclipse# Problem - I want to print Current Output of Pdf file and shouldprint once.I get print dialog box but it is not working properly.public void doPost(HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponseresponse) throws ServletException, IOException { String strId="QI0001"; ByteArrayOutputStream baosPDF = generatePDFDocumentBytes(strId); response.setContentType("application/pdf"); response.setContentLength(baosPDF.size()); ServletOutputStream out = response.getOutputStream...

Problem
# application server - JbossServer-4.0.4. # OS: windowsXP # IDE: Eclipse # Problem - I want to print Current Output of Pdf file and should print once.I get print dialog box but it is not working properly. public void doPost(HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response) throws ServletException, IOException { String strId="QI0001"; ByteArrayOutputStream baosPDF = generatePDFDocumentBytes(strId); response.setContentType("application/pdf"); response.setContentLength(baosPDF.size()); ServletOutputStream out = response...

Serialization file getting bigger and bigger on the same object
In my application, I perform serialization on my JTable's TableModel.I realize that, even I didn't make any modification (either save ordelete data) on the JTable content, however, everytime I save theJTable's TableModel, the serialization file will getting bigger andbigger (about 2KB)It works this way1. I shut down my application. My application save JTable's TableModelto serialization file. The file size is 50 KB2. I open up my application. My application load JTable's TableModel.Everything in the JTable content restore.3. I shut down my application again, without modific...

Print to file using print/queue command.

lp -c to print temporary print files
I've had the most bizarre experience with the lp command on AIX 6.1. We have an application which prints files by writing to a temporary directory, calling lp -c <filename>, then remove the file. To date, I've always understood the -c flag to mean copy the file before printing, which sounds good since there might be a race condition where the print subsystem attempts to read from the original file to do the printing. So this script fragment should work: lp -c /tmp/filename.txt.$$;rm -f /tmp/filename.txt.$$ However we've been getting error write messages from the printer d...

newbie qusetion: read a file and print out same file
Hi All, How do I read an input file and print it back to STDOUT exactly as the original file. This should be very simple but the output of my program is all garbled. What am I doing wrong? ( I am using http://www.rubycentral.com/book to learn Ruby) The program, input, and runtime output are below. Thanks, --JM ================= snip ============== $ cat ./test56.rb #!/usr/local/bin/ruby inputFile = File.readlines("input4", 'r') for item in inputFile item.chop() print item, "\n" end $ $ cat input4 car tree house candy bar paper ocean $ ./test56.rb car...

print(f) for files .. and is print % going away?
Hello all, I use the print method with % for formatting my output to the console since I am quite familiar with printf from my C days, and I like it quite well. I am wondering if there is a way to use print to write formatted output to files? Also, it seems like I read that formatting with print is going away eventually and we should start using something else? Is that true and if so, what? Thanks, Esmail Esmail <ebonak@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hello all, > > I use the print method with % for formatting my output to > the console since I am quite familiar with printf fro...

Printing to a Print Wizard file via Accuterm
Not really a MV issue, but I'm sure someone here has encountered this already and can save me from slamming my head on the wall. I'm also sending it over to the QM list, just in case. I have Accuterm. I have Print Wizard. I have configured the print adapters so I see "PrintWizard PCL converter" and "PrintWizard user interface" as a pull-down menu in the Accuterm printer setup for my session. But I am getting tripped up when I print. I wind up with .tmp files under a temp folder. I want to put the output in the folder of my choice on the first job via the...

print to file
Hi, I am trying to create a "print to file" printer that would simply redirect a file to a folder. The issue I'm having is that say I print a PDF file, the "print to file" driver alters that PDF file to a PCL or PS file... I believe I would need a generic printer model that would support more than just ASCII text. Any idea how to handle this? Thanks. TL On Tue, 5 Jun 2007 wrote: >Hi, > >I am trying to create a "print to file" printer that would simply >redirect a file to a folder. The issue I'm having is that say I p...

Repiping the Dos Print Command to Print File
Hello, I have a very useful dos program that calculates ship stability information. The problem is that it is programmed only to print the results, and these results waste much more paper than is conscienable. Is there any means to deceive this command to the printer and repipe it to a file? Appreciate any advice, thank you, J.Wilhelm ...