Re: Who uses still uses MCA RS/6000s?

Hi Kevin

Will vote for that too.
Work occasionaly with two 7011-44 MCA RS6000's with AiX 3.2 and 4.2 at home

J�rg
comp.unix.aix 10963 articles. 1 followers. drkirkby (98) is leader. Post Follow

Who uses still uses MCA RS/6000s?
Hello all, I am trying to gage the usage of MCA RS/6000s these days. I'm working on a web site that will cover RS/6k basics and provide modern free software for AIX 4.3.3 and 5.1. Please reply to the group or send me a note if you do use these machines. Kevin Kevin You said "I'm working on a web site that will cover RS/6k basics" Will vote for that. Still struggling on with a couple of MCA RS6000's Basil Kevin Bowling schrieb: > I am trying to gage the usage of MCA RS/6000s these days. All builds of Firefox for AIX 4.3.3 are compiled on a 7009-C20 exept the POWER optimized ones, which are compiled on a 7012-370. Testing is done on a 7006-42T and 7011-250 I could use my 7043P-150 for building in a quarter of time, but it isn't MCA... > I'm working > on a web site that will cover RS/6k basics and provide modern free > software for AIX 4.3.3 and 5.1. "http://www.linkitup.de/ForAIX/Firefox" "http://www.linkitup.de/ForAIX/Mozilla" Firefox 1.5.0.2 will be available soon! -- Uli I am still using a model 730 'wide body' loaded up to the hilt to run Catia. I am also toying with an old N40 MCA notebook to see if I can modify it to run Catia. I run AIX 3.2.5 on the 730 and I have a notebook installation of AIX 3.2.5 for the N40. regards Tom Kasmer Kevin Bowling a �crit : > Hello all, > I am trying to gage the usage of MCA RS/6000s these days. I'm working >...

Using using
I want to plot column 2 against col. 1, but subtract a constant from col. 2. I tried, in a test script, plot 'test.dat' using 1:($2 + 1) w p pt 7 but gnuplot complains Warning: empty y range [1:1], adjusting to [0.99:1.01] although the data file contains 1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 5 What am I doing wrong? I read this in the manual: plot 'file' using 1:($2+$3) "%1f,%1f,%1f" which led me to use the above. I assume the format stuff is not needed. If I am doing this wrong, how do I modify a given column to be plotted arithmetically? -- Dieter Britz Am 22.08.2013 16:24, schrieb Dieter Britz: > I want to plot column 2 against col. 1, but subtract > a constant from col. 2. I tried, in a test script, > > plot 'test.dat' using 1:($2 + 1) w p pt 7 > > but gnuplot complains > > Warning: empty y range [1:1], adjusting to [0.99:1.01] > > although the data file contains > > 1 1 > 2 2 > 3 3 > 4 4 > 5 5 > You´ve set an xrange that ends between one and two. On Thu, 22 Aug 2013 17:46:37 +0200, Karl wrote: > Am 22.08.2013 16:24, schrieb Dieter Britz: >> I want to plot column 2 against col. 1, but subtract a constant from >> col. 2. I tried, in a test script, >> >> plot 'test.dat' using 1:($2 + 1) w p pt 7 >> >> but gnuplot complains >> >> Warning: empty y range [1:1], adjus...

when to use == and when to use is
I know this question has been answered: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6570371/when-to-use-and-when-to-use-is , but I still have doubts. Consider the following code: class A: def __init__(self, a): self._a = a #def __eq__(self, other): # return self._a != other._a obj_0 = A(0) obj_1 = A(1) obj_2 = A(2) obj = obj_1 if obj == obj_0: print(0) elif obj == obj_1: print(1) elif obj == obj_2: print(2) if obj is obj_0: print(0) elif obj is obj_1: print(1) elif obj is obj_2: print(2) Both if statements wo...

Switching AIX to use LDAP authentication while still being able to use local accounts.
I have setup my AD account so that it can login to my AIX server. I have re= moved my local AIX account and have permanently switched to using my AD acc= ount. I'm using putty to ssh into my AIX server. If I don't specify my priv= ate key to use in putty, I can see all the AD groups that were created on t= he AD side. If I specify my private key to use because I want to use passwo= rdless authentication, I see all the corresponding local AIX groups. Is thi= s how it's supposed to work? With no private for passwordless authentication I get the groups created on= AD: ...

Using re.VERBOSE, and re-using components of regex?
Hi, I'm trying to compile a regex Python with the re.VERBOSE flag (so that I can add some friendly comments). However, the issue is, I normally use constants to define re-usable bits of the regex - however, these doesn't get interpreted inside the triple quotes. For example: import re TIMESTAMP = r'(?P<timestamp>\d{2}:\d{2}:\d{2}.\d{9})' SPACE = r' ' FOO = r'some_regex' BAR = r'some_regex' regexes = { 'data_sent': re.compile(""" TIMESTAMP # Timestamp of our log message SPACE FOO # Some comment SPACE """, re.VERBOSE), 'data_received': re.compile(""" TIMESTAMP # Timestamp of our log message SPACE BAR # Some comment SPACE """, re.VERBOSE), } Is there a way to use CONSTANTS (or at least re-use fragments of my regex), and also use re.VERBOSE so I can comment my regex? Cheers, Victor On 17/04/2013 00:45, Victor Hooi wrote: > Hi, > > I'm trying to compile ...

how to use STL on AIX using visualage.
I write a very simple cpp file, but visualage faild to produce the output: #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main(){ cout<<"hello world"<<endl; return 0; } cc a.cpp: ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: Virtual table for class "__DynaCastDesc_si _public": first non-inline virtual function in "__DynaCastDesc_si_public" is not defined. ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: Virtual table for class "eti_cplusplus": f irst non-inline virtual function in "eti_cplusplus" is not defined. ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: operator delete(void*) ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: std::cout ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: std::ios_base::goodbit ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: std::ios_base::badbit ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: std::ios_base::adjustfield ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: std::ios_base::left ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .std::__setUncaughtExceptionFlag(bool) ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .__CleanupCatch ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .std::_Lockit::_Lockit(int) ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .std::uncaught_exception() ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .std::_Lockit::~_Lockit() ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .operator delete(void*) ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .std::ios_base::clear(int,bool) ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: std::ctype<char>::id ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol...

Re: [LogoForum] Re: Is LOGO still used in schools?
The message below is being cross-posted from LogoForum. On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 13:34:59 -0000, Andy Dent <dent@oofile.com.au> wrote: > How do you suggest I make Logo seem more interesting? If you can afford switching to Elica (a free Logo version, Windows based, OOP, 3D) you may find a way to make Logo interesting, rather than SEEM interesting. Elica home page is www.elica.net Regards, Pavel LogoForum messages are archived at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LogoForum ...

Just When I Was Getting Used To Using Using
I have a class Packet that contains a nested class Payload and an enumeration: struct Packet { struct Payload { } ; } ; I had gotten into the habit of writing: using Packet::Payload; so I could write: Payload::..blah.. instead of Packet::Payload::..blah I have done this... (gulp) in many, many .cpp files. I tried out the new Visual C++ Express compiler from you-know-who on my source code and got 1000's of error messages: ...\Packet\Packet.cpp(13) : error C2885: 'Packet::Payload': not a valid using-declaration at non-class scope What does the standard say? Is this really illegal as Microsoft says? And if it is illegal, what is the rationale behind making it so? Reference: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms177253.aspx -Le Chaud Lapin- [ See http://www.gotw.ca/resources/clcm.htm for info about ] [ comp.lang.c++.moderated. First time posters: Do this! ] On 26 Nov 2005 10:06:23 -0500, "Le Chaud Lapin" <unoriginal_username@yahoo.com> wrote: >I have a class Packet that contains a nested class Payload and an >enumeration: > >struct Packet >{ > struct Payload > { > } ; >} ; > >I had gotten into the habit of writing: > >using Packet::Payload; > >so I could write: > >Payload::..blah.. > >instead of > >Packet::Payload::..blah > >I have done this... (gulp) in many, many .cpp files. > >I tried out the new Visual C++ Express compil...

RE: [Info-ingres] Re: Is it possible to use OpenIngres gateway to access Sybase without using cursors?
"DBG" <tore.aasgaard@gmail.com> wrote in message > Hi > > Im administering a Sybase database. The application accessing this > database was originally developed for Ingres, so now the application > which is developed using Ingres OpenRoad is communicating with my > Sybase database via an OpenIngres gateway (Enterprise access I think > is the name). > I've have performance issues with my database, (table locking, high > number of small I/O etc) and from what I can gather this is in my case > related to the use of cursors gateways part. We experienced a lot of locking problems in EA/MSSQL until I put this in the start up code: SELECT :lv_server_class = dbmsinfo('server_class'); IF lv_server_class = 'MSSQL' THEN DIRECT EXECUTE IMMEDIATE 'SET TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL READ UNCOMMITTED'; COMMIT; DIRECT EXECUTE IMMEDIATE 'SET LOCK_TIMEOUT 10000'; COMMIT; ELSEIF lv_server_class = 'Ingres DBMS Server' THEN SET lockmode session WHERE readlock = nolock, timeout = 10; COMMIT; ELSE MESSAGE 'Warning server class ' + lv_server_class + ' not implemented'; ENDIF; "Paul White" <pwhite@peerlessit.com.au> wrote in message news:mailman.1111701677.22482.info-ingres@cariboulake.com... > We experienced a lot of locking problems in EA/MSSQL until I put this in ...

Re-use report by using a query to filter
Hi, suppose I have one report that reports some data to me based on a functional area that I define. We have about 20 func_areas and every time the report is the same. Is there some way to have the report ask me (based on a query or something) what func_area I would like the report to be based on? ps. the report is based on a query so ultimately the selection has to be passed to the query. Thx in advance, Sean Sounds like the report is already based on the query? If this is true, then in your query in the criteria field for func_area put this: [Functional Area?] Then when you run the report, this addition to your query will prompt you for the func_area before the report is shown with the results. -Paul sean103@reeve.nl (seansan) wrote in message news:<cd2f8856.0402120843.1d348c30@posting.google.com>... > Hi, > > suppose I have one report that reports some data to me based on a > functional area that I define. We have about 20 func_areas and every > time the report is the same. > Is there some way to have the report ask me (based on a query or > something) what func_area I would like the report to be based on? > > ps. the report is based on a query so ultimately the selection has to > be passed to the query. > > Thx in advance, Sean sean103@reeve.nl (seansan) wrote in message news:<cd2f8856.0402120843.1d348c30@posting.google.com>... > Hi, > > suppose I have one report that reports some data to me based on ...

Re: Tie Lines (was Re: Foreign Exchange (FX) Lines Still in Use?
Julian Thomas wrote: > Before a unified "dial 8" IBM internal network, there were a multitude > of codes for different locations. Some of them were of the "let your > fingers find the way" where you dialled a code for one location, and > then its code for an associated location. Many organizations worked this way. For example, a department store chain devoted several pages of its phone directory to how to dial different stores and the main office -- every location had its own code and they were non-symetrical. I suspect as location ons were added or expanded, they were just added to whatever empty slots were on individual store PBXs, which themselves were all unique. > After the dial 8 network was put in place, you dialed 8 + 3 digits for > location + 4 digits extension. As the Bell Telephone network grew more "intelligent" they could do more things. The 8+3+4 network you describe was used by many organi- zations. The last 4 digits were the same that an outside caller used, but the 3 digits were different. Number cards had both sets of 3 digit codes on them. The internal systems usually had some sort of acronym name for them. My own employer had that system but abandoned it in favor of cheap long distance circuits. Previously the dial 8 circuits were often busy or not working that well. Dial 8 calls were not accounted for, but dial 9 calls were and this allowed for better control of calli...

Re: Tie Lines (was Re: Foreign Exchange (FX) Lines Still in Use? #3
> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: City of Chicago used DC power (rather > than AC) -- at least in the downtown area -- until sometime around > 1930. That's at least one reason why there were so many WUTCO clocks > everywhere, instead of 'regular' wall clocks. Clocks cannot run on > direct current; they require alternating current at 60 cycles. I imagine the battery powering most wall clocks used nowadays would be surprised by that statement (if it could think, of course). Clocks may have used the 60 hz cycle as a timing mechanism, of course, where a modern clock may use something else that oscillates, such as a quartz crystal. Daryl [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: But you see, Daryl, in the little wall clocks with a battery in them, the battery does _not_ drive the escapement in the clock. The battery merely feeds a little motor which _winds up_ the spring which forces the escapement to work, which is how the old Western Union clocks operated as well. If you take the wall clock down from its place, hold it very quietly for a few minutes and listen, typically after every three or four -- maybe in some cases ten minutes, you'll hear a little 'whirring' sound which lasts for a couple seconds as the spring gets re-wound which in turn drives the escapement gear, causing it to repeatedly try to force its way past the two 'fingers' which alternatly jump up and down, trying to resist the pressure. You...

Re: Tie Lines was Re: Foreign Exchange (FX) Lines Still in Use? #3
Robert Bonomi wrote: > In article <telecom24.228.14@telecom-digest.org>, >> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: City of Chicago used DC power (rather >> than AC) -- at least in the downtown area -- until sometime around >> 1930. That's at least one reason why there were so many WUTCO clocks >> everywhere, instead of 'regular' wall clocks. Clocks cannot run on >> direct current; they require alternating current at 60 cycles. > I wonder what they did in territory where the generated A.C. power was > at 25 cycles. When did they deliver AC at 25 cycles? I do recall some 50 cycle companies around that had to change after the end of WWII. ...

file in use, could not use
Hi. I have two databases that are both linked to the same backend table. I can't use them both at the same time, yet other users can have both functioning simultaneously on their machines. Opening them is not the problem. ..but the error message appears when I run any queries linked to the table. It works in one database, but not the other. All users are running XP sp2 with Access 2003. The error message is the same regardless if anyone is using the backend or not. I believe it is machine specific...MY machine. I haven't a clue. Any ideas? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Check your shortcuts that start your front-end. Make sure noone is using /excl (open for exclusive use) HTH "knawtn via AccessMonster.com" <u13973@uwe> wrote in message news:772b59e050975@uwe... > Hi. I have two databases that are both linked to the same backend table. I > can't use them both at the same time, yet other users can have both > functioning simultaneously on their machines. Opening them is not the > problem. > .but the error message appears when I run any queries linked to the table. > It works in one database, but not the other. All users are running XP sp2 > with Access 2003. > > The error message is the same regardless if anyone is using the backend or > not. I believe it is machine specific...MY machine. > > I haven't a clue. Any ideas? > > -- > Message posted via http://www.accessmonst...

Used Cisco Used Switch Used Cisco Router Used Cisco Switch At LinkWaves Corp
Hello Guy. I just bought a cisco 7206VXR from http://www.linkwaves.com. Quick shipping fedex 3 days saver for $85. I think they are great Quick Ship Great Services Excelent Products For Quick Quote. Please visit here http://www.linkwaves.com/requestquote.asp For Quick Search. Please visit here http://www.linkwaves.com/productsearch.asp Their Contact is LinkWaves Corp 29980 Technology Drive, Suite 6 Murrieta, CA 92563 Tel: +1-909-725-9143 Fax: =1-707-221-3762 http://www.linkwaves.com sales(at)linkwaves.com ...

Re: DLT8000 still in use
You need to get hp part number #0000001. It's a roll of masking tape, and you use a piece of the tape to cover up the light. Sorry, Kent, I just couldn't resist. :-) Regards, Ray Shahan > -----Original Message----- > From: HP-3000 Systems Discussion [SMTP:HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU] On Behalf Of KENT WALLACE > Sent: Wednesday, September 22, 2004 9:40 AM > To: HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU > Subject: [HP3000-L] DLT8000 still in use > > I recently had my DLT 8000 replaced with a new one from HP. After the new device completes backup and VSTO...

Defined but not used? But I am using it!
I can't figure this out. So in a templated class of mine I have the following. namespace menutree { static bool debug = false; } And in various parts of the code I have statements like. if (menutree::debug) { std::cout << "here" << std::endl; Everything compiles but I get the warning "warning: `bool menutree::debug' defined but not used" Can someone shed some light on this? Thanks! Travis wrote: > I can't figure this out. So in a templated class of mine I have the > following. > > namespace menutree > { > static boo...

A question re meaning/use of the "for ... use ..."
Hi, A question re meaning/use of the "for ... use ..." construct. Given the code snippet at the bottom of this mail, I was sort of expecting to see an output reading like: Pos for AA : 0 Pos for BB : 2 Pos for CC : 3 Instead (when compiling with bot Gnat3.15p and Gnat-3.4.2-2), the actual code output reads: Pos for AA : 0 Pos for BB : 1 Pos for CC : 2 Anybody who can shed some light, and explain what will be going on behind the curtains? TIA, Erik Pessers === with Ada.Text_IO ; procedure t is type enm is (aa, bb, cc) ; for enm use (aa => 0, bb => 2, cc => 3); begin for i in enm'Range loop Ada.Text_IO.Put_Line ("Pos for " & enm'Image(i) & " :" & Integer'Image(enm'Pos(i))) ; end loop ; end t ; Erik J Pessers wrote: > Hi, > > A question re meaning/use of the "for ... use ..." construct. > > Given the code snippet at the bottom of this mail, I was sort of > expecting to see an output reading like: > > Pos for AA : 0 > Pos for BB : 2 > Pos for CC : 3 That is what I would like as well. However the 'Pos( Attribute is defined differently by the standard. > Instead (when compiling with bot Gnat3.15p and Gnat-3.4.2-2), > the actual code output reads: > > Pos for AA : 0 > Pos for BB : 1 > Pos for CC : 2 > > > Anybody who can shed some ligh...

When to use postgreSQL , when to use other
We are using Oracle and mySQL for web-applications I'm planing to use postgresql also. Maybe we will also use Cach`e . Does anyone using an other database-engines than postgresql also? What are your decision criterias to choose which db-engine for a certain project? e.g. less/more than x records in database , less/more than x select/DML-Staements per second reliablity, backup, replication... ---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 9: the planner will ignore your desire to choose an index scan if your joining column's ...

Why index used/not used
Hello. Explain. I have table "traf_raw" contains field "sip_id" (integer). This field indexed with "CREATE INDEX traf_raw_sip ON traf_raw (sip_id)". Question. When I try to get different rows postgres use index with one "sip_id" and not use index with another "sip_id". I don't understand why it is happen, but with more complex queries Seq Scan is so slowly. Example. With "sip_id='19'" there many rows in table, with "sip_id='29'" there is no rows. cnupm=> ANALYZE traf_raw; ANALYZE cnupm=> EXPLAIN ANALYZE SELECT * FROM traf_raw WHERE sip_id='19' LIMIT 10 OFFSET 100000; QUERY PLAN --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Limit (cost=5230.95..5230.99 rows=1 width=56) (actual time=2505.89..2505.89 rows=0 loops=1) -> Seq Scan on traf_raw (cost=0.00..5230.99 rows=10808 width=56) (actual time=0.04..2490.02 rows=10977 loops=1) Filter: (sip_id = 19) Total runtime: 2505.95 msec (4 rows) cnupm=> EXPLAIN ANALYZE SELECT * FROM traf_raw WHERE sip_id='29' LIMIT 10 OFFSET 100000; QUERY PLAN --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------...

To use locking or not to use it
Hello, I am builiding a multi-threaded application which has the following components : 1 writer thread - it gets information from the network and updates a table of numeric data, then informs the 2 reader threads that there is new information, so they should start running 2 reader threads that are awakened by the writer thread, use the writer thread's table to retrieve updated numerical data to do their calculations. Since the writer updates the table and the readers read from it, I want to use a reader/writer locking mechanism. However, I thought about the following strategy : The writer will not manage a main table, it will only package the recieved data (in a struct or class), and use 2 queue structures, one for each reader, it will enqueue the data into each queue, which in turn will cause the 2 reader threads, to awake, dequeue the data, update their own copy of the numeric data table (which is handled by the writer thread in the previous scenario) and then do their calculations. Since each reader thread has its own copy (although they are duplicate), no locking is required. The only locking might be required on the queue actions (but maybe there is a way to use a queue with 1 thread which enqueue's and 1 thread that dequeue without lock's - I will be glad for any suggestion here as well). The data that is packaged is 48 bytes. I would be very happy to hear your thoughts and questions about these designs - whi...

Re: Using/Not using Mirroring to manage diferent accounts #6
Many thanks to all for their replies. * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html * ...

Re: Using Enterprise Guide or Miner as Development Platform Using
Paul, EG already has a model scoring task (using models from EM) in EG 4.1! You can easily create your own custom tasks in EG, see http://support.sas.com/documentation/onlinedoc/guide/customtasks/index.htm - there are around 20 sample tasks and VB.NET and C# source code available here. BTW- I use the model scoring task quite bit in my current data mining work, it is really nice... Regards, Stephen -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Paul Walker Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2008 9:39 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Using Enterprise Guide or Miner as Development Platform Using SAS/AF? This is a really conceptual question. I like the way enterprise guide and miner are set up with process flow diagrams, where you connect the nodes together. Is it possible for SAS end-users like myself to create "custom nodes" that can be integrated into either EG or EM? If so, does it require additional software license? I have heard something about SAS toolkit where you can actually develop your own procs, and thought there might be something similar. Keep in mind, I don't just want to have a SAS code node. For example, I might like to have a node for "model scoring". That node would bring up a SAS/AF interface where you could set all the properties before running it. Would like it to fit seamlessly into the process flow diagram and work with existing EG or EM nodes. Is this possible? The alt...

Re: Using/Not using Mirroring to manage diferent accounts #5
--- Andrew Cartledge <ACARTLEDGE2@CDMSOFTWARE.CO.UK> wrote: > I assume that when bulding files in the live account > they will end up on > the mirrored volume as the account/groups are > assigned via ONVS/HOMEVS to > the mirrored volume wilst the test data will end up > on the none mirrored > volumes. get the newacct/group udcs from jazz. they'll make setting up/managing your groups and accounts painless. - d ===== Donna Garverick Sr. System Programmer 925-210-6631 Longs Drug Stores Come, my friends, 'Tis not too late to seek a newer world. Tho' much is taken, much abides; and tho' We are not now that strength which in old days Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are. "Ulysses", A. Tennyson >>>MY opinions, not Longs Drug Stores'<<< __________________________________ Do you Yahoo!? The New Yahoo! Shopping - with improved product search http://shopping.yahoo.com * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html * ...