ssh: connect to host host_name port 22: Connection refused

I get the following error when using ssh to connect to an AIX machine,
oslevel 5300-05-02,
OpenSSH_4.1p1, OpenSSL 0.9.7g, from a similar machine, and entering
invalid passwords three times, then entering the ssh to the machine
again;

ssh: connect to host host_name port 22: Connection refused

After 30 seconds, I can ssh to the machine without the error.

I thought this was controlled in /etc/security/login.cfg with setting
these;
logindisable, logininterval and loginreenable
but they are all set to a value of 0.

Is there another place that this is set that I'm missing?

I was playing around with aixpert (aix system expert tool) and it was
after I
I ran an undo that I noticed this happening, but at the same time, I
used it to turn it
on on another similar machine and it doesn't control this whether it
was activated or
after an undo.

Ron

0
zepher95 (23)
5/4/2007 3:42:25 PM
comp.unix.aix 10953 articles. 0 followers. drkirkby (98) is leader. Post Follow

On May 4, 9:42 am, Ron <zephe...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I get the following error when using ssh to connect to an AIX machine,
> oslevel 5300-05-02,
> OpenSSH_4.1p1, OpenSSL 0.9.7g, from a similar machine, and entering
> invalid passwords three times, then entering the ssh to the machine
> again;
>
> ssh: connect to host host_name port 22: Connection refused
>
> After 30 seconds, I can ssh to the machine without the error.
>
> I thought this was controlled in /etc/security/login.cfg with setting
> these;
> logindisable, logininterval and loginreenable
> but they are all set to a value of 0.
>
> Is there another place that this is set that I'm missing?
>
> I was playing around with aixpert (aix system expert tool) and it was
> after I
> I ran an undo that I noticed this happening, but at the same time, I
> used it to turn it
> on on another similar machine and it doesn't control this whether it
> was activated or
> after an undo.
>
> Ron

never mind...it was being caused from another isv product...

0
zepher95 (23)