ssh: connect to host host_name port 22: Connection refused

I get the following error when using ssh to connect to an AIX machine,
oslevel 5300-05-02,
OpenSSH_4.1p1, OpenSSL 0.9.7g, from a similar machine, and entering
invalid passwords three times, then entering the ssh to the machine
again;

ssh: connect to host host_name port 22: Connection refused

After 30 seconds, I can ssh to the machine without the error.

I thought this was controlled in /etc/security/login.cfg with setting
these;
logindisable, logininterval and loginreenable
but they are all set to a value of 0.

Is there another place that this is set that I'm missing?

I was playing around with aixpert (aix system expert tool) and it was
after I
I ran an undo that I noticed this happening, but at the same time, I
used it to turn it
on on another similar machine and it doesn't control this whether it
was activated or
after an undo.

Ron

0
zepher95 (23)
5/4/2007 3:42:25 PM
comp.unix.aix 10963 articles. 1 followers. drkirkby (98) is leader. Post Follow

On May 4, 9:42 am, Ron <zephe...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I get the following error when using ssh to connect to an AIX machine,
> oslevel 5300-05-02,
> OpenSSH_4.1p1, OpenSSL 0.9.7g, from a similar machine, and entering
> invalid passwords three times, then entering the ssh to the machine
> again;
>
> ssh: connect to host host_name port 22: Connection refused
>
> After 30 seconds, I can ssh to the machine without the error.
>
> I thought this was controlled in /etc/security/login.cfg with setting
> these;
> logindisable, logininterval and loginreenable
> but they are all set to a value of 0.
>
> Is there another place that this is set that I'm missing?
>
> I was playing around with aixpert (aix system expert tool) and it was
> after I
> I ran an undo that I noticed this happening, but at the same time, I
> used it to turn it
> on on another similar machine and it doesn't control this whether it
> was activated or
> after an undo.
>
> Ron

never mind...it was being caused from another isv product...

0
zepher95 (23)

Web resources about - ssh: connect to host host_name port 22: Connection refused - comp.unix.aix

Controversial Australian Cup protest could be costly for Awesome Rock's connections
Nothing arouses punters' feelings more than a controversial protest. Racing people still discuss with great vigour the Nausori-Big Philou Caulfield ...

7 Minnesota Connections To The NCAA Tournament
The Gophers aren't a part of March Madness, but there are enough Minnesota connections to the Big Dance to keep local fans engaged in the action ...

Young people prefer an Internet connection to daylight
Technically Incorrect: A UK survey suggests that daylight isn't all that at least in young people's enlightened minds. Neither is hot water. ...

26-year-old man arrested in connection with Iditarod crashes
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — A man suspected of intentionally driving a snowmobile into teams of two mushers near the front of the Iditarod Trail ...

Other Sports: For first time, NFL acknowledges connection between football-related brain trauma, CTE ...
In what could be a watershed moment in the debate about the long-term effects of head injuries in the nation's most popular sport, the NFL's ...

‘Daredevil’ Star Deborah Ann Woll Talks Karen Page’s “Screwed Up” Connection To The Punisher
Which crime classic did she read to nail their “cat and mouse” relationship?

'Bringing Up Bates': 5 Surprising Connections Between Bates And '19 Kids' Duggar Families
... On" in several surprising ways. From the way they deal with relationships to their parenting similarities, here are five surprising connections ...