ssh: connect to host host_name port 22: Connection refused

I get the following error when using ssh to connect to an AIX machine,
oslevel 5300-05-02,
OpenSSH_4.1p1, OpenSSL 0.9.7g, from a similar machine, and entering
invalid passwords three times, then entering the ssh to the machine
again;

ssh: connect to host host_name port 22: Connection refused

After 30 seconds, I can ssh to the machine without the error.

I thought this was controlled in /etc/security/login.cfg with setting
these;
logindisable, logininterval and loginreenable
but they are all set to a value of 0.

Is there another place that this is set that I'm missing?

I was playing around with aixpert (aix system expert tool) and it was
after I
I ran an undo that I noticed this happening, but at the same time, I
used it to turn it
on on another similar machine and it doesn't control this whether it
was activated or
after an undo.

Ron

0
zepher95 (23)
5/4/2007 3:42:25 PM
comp.unix.aix 10938 articles. 0 followers. drkirkby (98) is leader. Post Follow

On May 4, 9:42 am, Ron <zephe...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I get the following error when using ssh to connect to an AIX machine,
> oslevel 5300-05-02,
> OpenSSH_4.1p1, OpenSSL 0.9.7g, from a similar machine, and entering
> invalid passwords three times, then entering the ssh to the machine
> again;
>
> ssh: connect to host host_name port 22: Connection refused
>
> After 30 seconds, I can ssh to the machine without the error.
>
> I thought this was controlled in /etc/security/login.cfg with setting
> these;
> logindisable, logininterval and loginreenable
> but they are all set to a value of 0.
>
> Is there another place that this is set that I'm missing?
>
> I was playing around with aixpert (aix system expert tool) and it was
> after I
> I ran an undo that I noticed this happening, but at the same time, I
> used it to turn it
> on on another similar machine and it doesn't control this whether it
> was activated or
> after an undo.
>
> Ron

never mind...it was being caused from another isv product...

0
zepher95 (23)

Connectivity Mark Net for temporary layers
I'm creating a temporary layer on the fly if a user wants to combine layer stackups for EM simulation. As an example M7 anded with M8 that enclose V7 will create a temporary LSW layer M7_M8. I've been trying different technology file skill commands to create the correct connectivity between the new layer and the old: M7 or M8 butting M7_M8 is a connection. Using techSetEquivLayer it works a little: techSetEquivLayer(techId list("M8" "M7_M8")) techSetEquivLayer(techId list("M7" "M7_M8")) Connectivity->Mark->Net, click on a M7_M8 fig, and it ...

[News] GNU/Linux a Champion of Web Hosts

ssh log
i have an ssh server setup on my linux box server, i have several different users that connect to it. Is there any log file that logs the activity of that user, such as what they download or upload via the sftp-server? ...

Unable to find ssh library supporting python 3.1

Unexpected 1 in Error File From DBI->connect
Using perl 5.8.7 and DBI 1.53 on a Linux system, the following function outputs a spurious "1" to the web server's error file on the DBI->connect line: sub DBConnect { my ($DataBase) = @_; my $DSN_SFS = "DBI:mysql:$DataBase"; # Data Source Name my $DSN_USER = "root"; # ... (user name) my $DSN_PWD = "secret"; # ... (password) my %attr = (PrintError => 0, ## Don't report errors via warn () RaiseError => 0 ## Don't report errors via die () ...

Using SSH and get GUI interface
Hi all, It sem possible to connect to the server by using SSH and get GUI interface (X-Windows) on the client to manage application like java or tool like admintool installed on the server. I use Putty under windows and my server use OpenSSH under Solaris. Can you give us more informations and how it's possible to do it ? Thank You very much Best Regards Rahan Rahan wrote: > It sem possible to connect to the server by using SSH and get GUI > interface (X-Windows) on the client to manage application like java or > tool like admintool installed on the server. > > I u...

SMTP port being blocked on Fedora 4.
I'm trying to get the sendmail server working under Fedora 4, but the SMTP port (tcp/25) is being blocked by something and I can't find what is doing it. I've turned off the iptables with no luck. And there isn't anything in hosts.deny (or allow) . On the local machine I can telnet to the port and get the proper smtp greeting. So I know that is working. But trying from other machines gets a connection refused. I can ssh into the local machine from outside and even ping it without the iptable rules active. anyone have any ideas what else might be blocking the port...

DSL connection
I Have a 1721 with a second Ethernet NIC. The WIN-ENET1 card is connected to the DSL modem and doing PPPoE. the IOS that is on it is: c1700-k9o3sy7-mz.122-11.T10.bin Its been a while since we have used the Router, so I dont remember whats included in the Feature Set. I'm using NAT to get out thought the Dynamic assigned address. How secure is this setup? If I have 3 PCs behind the NATed external Address can someone connect to that outside address and get access to the internal Machines? What should I do to prevent this? Thanks, Scott<- Hi Scooter, > I'm using NAT to...

FreeBSD host getting rebooted frequestly
One of our FreeBSD host is getting rebooted frequently. Mostly three or four times a day. ==== reboot ~ Sat Mar 6 23:43 reboot ~ Sat Mar 6 23:32 reboot ~ Sat Mar 6 08:54 reboot ~ Sat Mar 6 06:45 reboot ~ Fri Mar 5 11:00 reboot ~ Fri Mar 5 06:29 reboot ~ Fri Mar 5 06:15 reboot ~ Fri Mar 5 05:47 reboot ...

Java SSH Term and SSH vnc Term available at my website!
I would like to announce that I am running SSHvnc and SSH Tools Applets on my website devoted to computer security, forensics, and investigations. Visit: www.putercops.org Check out the ultimate cybercop / cyberguardian resource! Thanks, Ernie Baca www.putercops.org ...

Mac Web hosting and design
Thank you for taking the time to read this message. I am the owner of http://www.spaceportbar.com, a website which is dedicated to Web Design and Hosting for Macintosh users. We have the experience and quality to make sure that your experience with us is a good one. I hope that you will stop by and have a look at our services and price us out. Our web hosting may not be the cheapest but we like to think that you get what you pay for, and that is very true of web hosting and design. Thank you again for reading this message. Sincerely David In de.comp.sys.mac.misc Da...

create CD boot image and build connection between host PC and target PC in xPC target
Hi there, I am trying to connect the host PC and target PC in xPC target, but the connection failed. I think it has something to do with the problem I encounterd with when I booted the CD disk. I've been stucked by this problem for 2 weeks. i really need somebody to help me out of this. I will really appreciate that! I booted the CD in the following step: go to xPC explorer-->Target PC1-->communication, to do the setup, then go to configuration-->CD boot, locate the CD boot image in the CD(DVD RW Driver), then click the 'create CD boot image' button, then it said boo...

ssh with no homedir
hello is it possible to use sshd only for forwarding, and without homedirs on sshd server host thanks sylvain Sylvain Ferriol wrote: > hello > is it possible to use sshd only for forwarding, and without homedirs on > sshd server host Just give the user /bin/false as shell. He can still use ssh -N -L localport:host.on.intranet:port username@sshd.host To make a tunnel. ...

Apache won't connect on startup
Apache is set up properly on my machine, but the onloy problem I've noticed is that although the monitor starts everytime, sometimes theres a little red X, and I have to start the server manually. Is there any way to set something up that it makes sure the server is connected and if it isn't, it connects it? Thanks. Elpram wrote: > Apache is set up properly on my machine, but the onloy problem I've > noticed is that although the monitor starts everytime, sometimes theres > a little red X, and I have to start the server manually. Is there any > way to set something ...

Need help to port VAX code to Alpha and to Itaninum #2
Hi guys, I am working on project, which involves porting kind of stuff from VAX code Alpha and to Itaninum. Here what I am working project very big and vast of codeing files are there. I have compiled with our old vax code /stand=relaxed_ansi instead of /stand=vaxc. I hope that What I am doing rt :). But thing is while compile with option I got so many warning errors like as show below. This is a bit of code #include <stdio.h> int main(){ unsigned long int GEN_TRANS_LOGICAL(char *, char *); char as_logical[] = "DECEDI$AS_PERF"; char as_text[257] = {0}; as_logical_status = GEN_...

Database Connections #2
Hi Kevin. This is not working. The broker does not even start. Anyway, thanks to you. Rajat Mittal. -- rajat.mittal ------------------------------------------------------------------------ rajat.mittal's Profile: http://www.progresstalk.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=8570 View this thread: http://www.progresstalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=80438 rajat.mittal <rajat.mittal.1isoya@progresstalk.com> wrote in news:rajat.mittal.1isoya@progresstalk.com: > > Hi Kevin. > This is not working. The broker does not even start. > Anyway, thanks...

sun storedge 3310
hi all, i'm having a lot of problems connecting to a sun storedge 3310. is there anyone out there who may be able to help me? i tried to connect with a null modem cable and windows xp hyperterminal and teraterm... but without any luck. can anyone tell me step by step what needs to be done to connect to it (settings etc)? is it possible that the port hung up etc? i'm getting a bit bored as i tried nearly everything to connect to it... thanks torsten Torsten Bauer <nowhere@handshake.de> wrote: > i'm having a lot of problems connecting to a sun storedge 3310. is th...

Port forwarding oddity
I have a *really* odd port forwarding problem. Connections work properly between any two machines at the same physical location, but hang between any two machines at different locations. All hardware and software is identical - ssh and sshd are 3.7.1p2 running on Sparc Solaris 8. Regular ssh connections work fine, both for interactive logins and remote command execution. But using port forwarding via ../ssh -v -v -v -f -g -L 2202:machine1.remote.invalid:25 \ machine1.local.invalid tail -f /dev/null the forwarding never gets established. It hangs at this point of the debug output: debug1: C...

ssh
hallo newsgroup, i am newbie in aix, what are the exact! steps to get a connection from internet trhough ssh / ssl to a aix machine? what exactly have i to install where and what to know? i have a laptop running cygwin and able to connect via ssh to a suse machine .... bernd ...

FIOS Connectivity
Greetings, I have acquired a cisco 3660 that I am trying to configure at home and move into a small business environment. I have verizon fios at home with a wireless router. However, my business place has a verizon DSL. My goal is to configure all traffice through the 3660 so that I can apply acls to serve as another level of security: Internet -> verizon ISP -> verizon wireless router -> workstations Internet -> verizon ISP -> verizon wireless router -> 3660 -> workstations Is there anything special I need to do on the 3660 for fios connectivity? On Mar 29, 7:00=A...

Free web hosting for PHP 4.3.2 or superior + MySQL
Hi folks. I need some free hosting service that offers: PHP 4.3.2 or superior At least 1 MySQL Database Any recomendations? Regards Victor Espina Victor Espina wrote: > Hi folks. > > I need some free hosting service that offers: > > PHP 4.3.2 or superior > At least 1 MySQL Database > > Any recomendations? http://100webspace.com/ -- Kim Andr� Aker� - kimandre@NOSPAMbetadome.com (remove NOSPAM to contact me directly) ...

[News] Git-based Project Host Now Lists Over 10,000 FOSS Projects

shell ssh over a ssh tunnel
hello i have a ssh tunnel available between internet/intranet network. but i can not login the gateway. only forward is available. how can i open a shell on a sshd server inside intranet throw the ssh gateway. ssh -N -L 22:sshd_intranet:22 sshd_gateway it do not work, ssh localhost returns: @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ @ WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED! @ @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ IT IS POSSIBLE THAT SOMEONE IS DOING SOMETHING NASTY! Someone could be eavesdropping on you right now (man-in-the-middle att...

Connection lost if SSID not broadcast
We setup a wireless network for a small business office. Four desktop PC's all with the same make and model Linksys-G wireless PCI cards installed. Two are Dell machines and 2 are IBM GL300 machines. The connection looks like this: Linksys WAP54G (ver2) -> Switch -> Pix firewall -> cable modem. Here is the problem. The Dell machines work fine but the two IBM machines will work only if the SSID is broadcast. As soon as you disable broadcast of the SSID, they lose connection and won't come back until you enable the broadcast again. We would like to avoid having to broadc...

A free host that worth to be tried
Hey guys, I just wanted to share something I think it worths to b tried. I've tried a lot of free hosting services in the past, but this on has got my attention as it is almost too good to be true. The server is lighting fast (better than pai share hosting and almost as fast as a dedicated server) You can have mysql data bases, php, ftp and you can install a lot o cms's or other aplications like joomla or wordpress with a singl click. I've made a full review for anyone that is interested at : http://samalvado.freeweb7.com I hope this will be usefull for anyone that d...