There is not enough memory available now.

Dear  Expert:
while i run tar command for backup a filesystems(PROD1157);
systems error: There is not enough memory available now
I restore the tape data to other directory...but some file is lost
so, i have some file is not backup into my to tape
i clean the tape and change the tape with new tape ;then tar
again....but error again
I check my paging space only 1%USED
i check file systems space with "df -k" command ....ALL file systems is
under 70%used
and i check system error log:nothing is occur
I umount the file systems; run fsc;
then re-mount the file systems
tar again.....error again
I change tje tape block_size to 10240 or 1024 or 512 or "0".....try tar
again.....error again
I umount the file systems & varyoffvg...
change the vg(file systems) to my testing server(6H1) ,and retry tar
command again......error again
MY server is 6M1...tape driver is 3581...file systems on EMC CX 300
storage
OS level is AIX 4.3.3-ML11
please Help....thanks

#tar cvf /dev/rmt1 /PROD1157
a /PROD1157
a /PROD1157/prodarch
a /PROD1157/prodarch/topas.error 0 blocks.
a /PROD1157/prodarch/prod50829.arc 20346 blocks.
a /PROD1157/prodarch/lost+found
tar: /PROD1157/prodarch/prod62437.arc: There is not enough memory
available now.
tar: /PROD1157/prodarch/prod62438.arc: There is not enough memory
available now.
tar: /PROD1157/prodarch/prod62439.arc: There is not enough memory
available now.
tar: /PROD1157/prodarch/prod62440.arc: There is not enough memory
available now.
tar: /PROD1157/prodarch/prod62441.arc: There is not enough memory
available now.
tar: /PROD1157/prodarch/prod62442.arc: There is not enough memory
available now.
tar: /PROD1157/prodarch/prod62443.arc: There is not enough memory
available now.
/PROD1157/proddb/9.2.0/javavm/demo/examples/jsproc/basic/ncomp/Makefile
2 blocks.
/PROD1157/proddb/9.2.0/javavm/demo/examples/jsproc/basic/ncomp/NComp.java
2 blocks.
/PROD1157/proddb/9.2.0/javavm/demo/examples/jsproc/basic/ncomp/create.sql
1 blocks.
#

0
byron.hsu (10)
9/15/2006 4:14:54 AM
comp.unix.aix 10963 articles. 1 followers. drkirkby (98) is leader. Post Follow

byron.hsu@neweb.com.tw wrote:
> while i run tar command for backup a filesystems(PROD1157);
> systems error: There is not enough memory available now
> I change tje tape block_size to 10240 or 1024 or 512 or "0".....try tar
> again.....error again
> #tar cvf /dev/rmt1 /PROD1157

In addition to adapting the block size for the tape
device via snmit or chfs, you may need to tell the
tar command which block size to use. This can be done
via the '-b' flag.

Regards,

	Frank
Just a shot from the hip; but check the ulimits for memory and file sizes on
the ID you are using to run the tar.  Try running with ulimits set to
unlmited.
<byron.hsu@neweb.com.tw> wrote in message
> Dear  Expert:
> while i run tar command for backup a filesystems(PROD1157);
> systems error: There is not enough memory available now
> I restore the tape data to other directory...but some file is lost
> so, i have some file is not backup into my to tape
> i clean the tape and change the tape with new tape ;then tar
> again....but error again
> I check my paging space only 1%USED
> i check file systems space with "df -k" command ....ALL file systems is
> under 70%used
> and i check system error log:nothing is occur
> I umount the file systems; run fsc;
> then re-mount the file systems
> tar again.....error again
> I change tje tape block_size to 10240 or 1024 or 512 or "0".....try tar
> again.....error again
> I umount the file systems & varyoffvg...
> change the vg(file systems) to my testing server(6H1) ,and retry tar
> command again......error again
> MY server is 6M1...tape driver is 3581...file systems on EMC CX 300
> storage
> OS level is AIX 4.3.3-ML11
> please Help....thanks
>
> #tar cvf /dev/rmt1 /PROD1157
> a /PROD1157
> a /PROD1157/prodarch
> a /PROD1157/prodarch/topas.error 0 blocks.
> a /PROD1157/prodarch/prod50829.arc 20346 blocks.
> a /PROD1157/prodarch/lost+found
> tar: /PROD1157/prodarch/prod62437.arc: There is not enough memory
> available now.
> tar: /PROD1157/prodarch/prod62438.arc: There is not enough memory
> available now.
> tar: /PROD1157/prodarch/prod62439.arc: There is not enough memory
> available now.
> tar: /PROD1157/prodarch/prod62440.arc: There is not enough memory
> available now.
> tar: /PROD1157/prodarch/prod62441.arc: There is not enough memory
> available now.
> tar: /PROD1157/prodarch/prod62442.arc: There is not enough memory
> available now.
> tar: /PROD1157/prodarch/prod62443.arc: There is not enough memory
> available now.
> /PROD1157/proddb/9.2.0/javavm/demo/examples/jsproc/basic/ncomp/Makefile
> 2 blocks.
> /PROD1157/proddb/9.2.0/javavm/demo/examples/jsproc/basic/ncomp/NComp.java
> 2 blocks.
> /PROD1157/proddb/9.2.0/javavm/demo/examples/jsproc/basic/ncomp/create.sql
> 1 blocks.
> #

0
vincehm (19)
9/16/2006 2:40:38 AM
i run "ulimit -a "...the ouput is:
# ulimit -a
time(seconds)        unlimited
file(blocks)         unlimited
data(kbytes)         unlimited
stack(kbytes)        unlimited
memory(kbytes)       unlimited
coredump(blocks)     unlimited
nofiles(descriptors) 2000
so. my memory is unlimit with my backup command
thanks!!!
VinceM =E5=AF=AB=E9=81=93=EF=BC=9A

> Just a shot from the hip; but check the ulimits for memory and file sizes=
 on
> the ID you are using to run the tar.  Try running with ulimits set to
> unlmited.
> <byron.hsu@neweb.com.tw> wrote in message
> > Dear  Expert:
> > while i run tar command for backup a filesystems(PROD1157);
> > systems error: There is not enough memory available now
> > I restore the tape data to other directory...but some file is lost
> > so, i have some file is not backup into my to tape
> > i clean the tape and change the tape with new tape ;then tar
> > again....but error again
> > I check my paging space only 1%USED
> > i check file systems space with "df -k" command ....ALL file systems is
> > under 70%used
> > and i check system error log:nothing is occur
> > I umount the file systems; run fsc;
> > then re-mount the file systems
> > tar again.....error again
> > I change tje tape block_size to 10240 or 1024 or 512 or "0".....try tar
> > again.....error again
> > I umount the file systems & varyoffvg...
> > change the vg(file systems) to my testing server(6H1) ,and retry tar
> > command again......error again
> > MY server is 6M1...tape driver is 3581...file systems on EMC CX 300
> > storage
> > OS level is AIX 4.3.3-ML11
> > please Help....thanks
> >
> > #tar cvf /dev/rmt1 /PROD1157
> > a /PROD1157
> > a /PROD1157/prodarch
> > a /PROD1157/prodarch/topas.error 0 blocks.
> > a /PROD1157/prodarch/prod50829.arc 20346 blocks.
> > a /PROD1157/prodarch/lost+found
> > tar: /PROD1157/prodarch/prod62437.arc: There is not enough memory
> > available now.
> > tar: /PROD1157/prodarch/prod62438.arc: There is not enough memory
> > available now.
> > tar: /PROD1157/prodarch/prod62439.arc: There is not enough memory
> > available now.
> > tar: /PROD1157/prodarch/prod62440.arc: There is not enough memory
> > available now.
> > tar: /PROD1157/prodarch/prod62441.arc: There is not enough memory
> > available now.
> > tar: /PROD1157/prodarch/prod62442.arc: There is not enough memory
> > available now.
> > tar: /PROD1157/prodarch/prod62443.arc: There is not enough memory
> > available now.
> > /PROD1157/proddb/9.2.0/javavm/demo/examples/jsproc/basic/ncomp/Makefile
> > 2 blocks.
> > /PROD1157/proddb/9.2.0/javavm/demo/examples/jsproc/basic/ncomp/NComp.ja=
va
> > 2 blocks.
> > /PROD1157/proddb/9.2.0/javavm/demo/examples/jsproc/basic/ncomp/create.s=
ql
> > 1 blocks.
> > #

0
byron.hsu (10)
9/18/2006 6:30:43 AM
byron.hsu@neweb.com.tw wrote:
> [...]
>>>available now.
>>>tar: /PROD1157/prodarch/prod62439.arc: There is not enough memory
>>>available now.
>>>tar: /PROD1157/prodarch/prod62440.arc: There is not enough memory
>>>available now.
>>>tar: /PROD1157/prodarch/prod62441.arc: There is not enough memory
>>>available now.
>>>tar: /PROD1157/prodarch/prod62442.arc: There is not enough memory
>>>available now.
>>>tar: /PROD1157/prodarch/prod62443.arc: There is not enough memory
>>>available now.
>>>/PROD1157/proddb/9.2.0/javavm/demo/examples/jsproc/basic/ncomp/Makefile
>>>2 blocks.
>>>/PROD1157/proddb/9.2.0/javavm/demo/examples/jsproc/basic/ncomp/NComp.java
>>>2 blocks.
>>>/PROD1157/proddb/9.2.0/javavm/demo/examples/jsproc/basic/ncomp/create.sql

Try mounting the filesystem with the mind option.
0
root6684 (19)
9/18/2006 2:14:36 PM
byron.hsu@neweb.com.tw wrote:
> Dear  Expert:
> while i run tar command for backup a filesystems(PROD1157);
> systems error: There is not enough memory available now
> I restore the tape data to other directory...but some file is lost
> so, i have some file is not backup into my to tape
> i clean the tape and change the tape with new tape ;then tar
> again....but error again
> I check my paging space only 1%USED
> i check file systems space with "df -k" command ....ALL file systems is
> under 70%used
> and i check system error log:nothing is occur
> I umount the file systems; run fsc;
> then re-mount the file systems
> tar again.....error again
> I change tje tape block_size to 10240 or 1024 or 512 or "0".....try tar
> again.....error again
> I umount the file systems & varyoffvg...
> change the vg(file systems) to my testing server(6H1) ,and retry tar
> command again......error again
> MY server is 6M1...tape driver is 3581...file systems on EMC CX 300
> storage
> OS level is AIX 4.3.3-ML11
> please Help....thanks
>
> #tar cvf /dev/rmt1 /PROD1157
> a /PROD1157
> a /PROD1157/prodarch
> a /PROD1157/prodarch/topas.error 0 blocks.
> a /PROD1157/prodarch/prod50829.arc 20346 blocks.
> a /PROD1157/prodarch/lost+found
> tar: /PROD1157/prodarch/prod62437.arc: There is not enough memory
> available now.
> tar: /PROD1157/prodarch/prod62438.arc: There is not enough memory

1)
from the man page for tar on AIX 5.1
When writing to an archive, the tar command uses a temporary file (the
/tmp/tar*
file) and maintains in memory a table of files with several links. You
receive
an error message if the tar command cannot create the temporary file,
or if
there is not enough memory available to hold the link tables.

So for trouble shooting:
a)
Check if /tmp has enough space and that the file created by tar does
not growth larger then 2GB.

b)
In case the link table causes the problem then check the memory usage
by the tar command.
$ ps axv | grep tar
If the the memory usage is close to 256MB you might be out of luck with
tar imho.

c)
Check the limits ( ulimit -m )

d)
Verify that no file is larger then 2GB because tar handles only files
up to 2GB in size.

e) Keep in mind that tar does not handle sparse files very well during
extraction

Think about to use restore for backup purpose

hth
Hajo

0
service490 (1039)

NeXTBar v1.20 now available
I've great pleasure in announcing the first update to NeXTBar in over two years. This time, I've added a new feature - inspired by a recent thread on the comp.sys.acorn newsgroups.... v1.20 will allow you to Print from ANY application, even if it doesn't have a print option - such as GhostScript. The downside is that it's a graphical print, so won't be as crisp as a proper text print. However, for applications which don't provide print facilities, this is the next best thing. Simply hit the 'Print' key (or CTRL-Home in the case of a clash) and NeXTBar will open a window giving you the option to print the contents of the window under the mouse pointer. The output will be automatically centred on the page and will also be correctly scaled if the resulting image would be too big for your print margins etc. Additionally, you can save the window as a sprite to a filer window, which provides a quick and easy way of grabbing any window for the purposes of screenshots or manuals etc. NeXTBar is my whizzo, all-singing, all-dancing application launcher for RISC OS. It's the application launcher to end all application launchers and will allow you to customise your launcher bar either small/large or horizontal or vertically. You can 'see' applications on boot up or automatically load things on bootup, or run scripts on startup/shutdown. URLs can be captured and re-launched from buttons, so NeXTBar will also act as a bookmark manager for ...

AIX/UNIX consultant available for hire
Hello, Im available for consulting/contractual work. Pl. visit my website for more info:- http://www.kamalprasad.com/ regards -kamal ...

WARNING: There is not enough memory available to build...
I tried to run exact logistic regression on our SAS server. After minutes passed, the following warning showed on log window: WARNING: There is not enough memory available to build the network for exact computations. WARNING: There is not enough memory available to build the network for exact computations. WARNING: There is not enough memory available to build the network for exact computations. ............... And the SAS stopped running. It surprised me, Any ideas on how to avoid this? Apprieciate it ...

Job opportunity available!!!! UNIX (Solaris and AIX)
Hi There, I am a recruiter for a company called Paradigm Technology, and I handle all of the contract, contract-to-hire and permanent staffing for a variety of Information Technology positions and projects across the country. My client has immediate needs for a Unix Engineer/Admin for AIX or Solaris, as well as Project Managers. That being said, I thought I would check in and get an update on your current situation and those who are members of your user group. Please pass this information on to see if anyone might be interested in a 1-2+ month contract in Lincolnshire, IL. Courtney Paradigm Technology cmoore@pt-corp.com On Apr 10, 6:33 am, Courtney Moore <miss.understoo...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi There, > > I am a recruiter for a company called Paradigm Technology, and I > handle all of the contract, contract-to-hire and permanent staffing > for a variety of Information Technology positions and projects across > the country. My client has immediate needs for a Unix Engineer/Admin > for AIX or Solaris, as well as Project Managers. That being said, I > thought I would check in and get an update on your current situation > and those who are members of your user group. Please pass this > information on to see if anyone might be interested in a 1-2+ month > contract in Lincolnshire, IL. > > Courtney > Paradigm Technology > cmo...@pt-corp.com _the_ country ? this is _the_ internet. There is a world outside the USA you know...

Re: WARNING: There is not enough memory available to build...
Ben: You likely know that exact estimates require computation of a potentially huge number of different possible distributions of data. A logistic model with many variables or many states of variables may require more memory than SAS has available to it. I wouldn't consider it unusual for an exact logistic regression to fill up memory. If you are opting for exact logistic regression because you trying to estimate, say, an odds ratio for an outcome found in a very small proportion of your data, you may have too many covariates for exact estimates on your machine. Try reducing the complexity of the model to minimal levels and computing estimates.If the minimal model produces sensible results, it would be safe to say that the complexity of the fuller model exceeds what a SAS exact logistic regression can support. In that case it would make sense to ask SAS Tech support for model dimensions that exact logistic should be able to handle on your machine. Because resource use in exact computations tends to increase exponentially with the complexity of a model, incrementing memory by any reasonable amount may not do much for you. Best in this case to ask. Your only practical choice might be to reduce the complexity of the model. S -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Ben Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2008 5:04 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: WARNING: There is not enough memory available to build... I tried to run exa...

Cannot run Fortran program on AIX: not enough memory
What can I do when I get this message on my AIX machine when I invoke the Fortran program? exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program ./hidutydrv because of the following errors 0509-026 System error: There is not enough memory available now. Thanks, and please also respond to my email address: Dan McKINLdj@westinghouse.com McKinldj@westinghouse.com wrote: > What can I do when I get this message on my AIX machine when I invoke > the Fortran program? > > exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program ./hidutydrv because of the > following errors > > > 0509-026 System error: There is not enough memory available > now. > > Thanks, and please also respond to my email address: > > Dan > > McKINLdj@westinghouse.com 1) Did you check the size of your code at run time ? size executable_name and "man size" for details. 2) Did you check your resources limits on this host ? ulimit -a 3) In AIX an executable cannot exceed 128MB in RAM if you do not use specific options with xlf. - Look at the -bmaxdata option in xlf manual if your code/AIX kernel is 32 bits - Use -q64 option with xlf if your AIX kernel is 64bits. Patrick Patrick Begou wrote: > McKinldj@westinghouse.com wrote: >> What can I do when I get this message on my AIX machine when I invoke >> the Fortran program? Did the program ever work on any system? If so, what differences exist between that system and this one? What OS level? How...

Out of memory while I still have enough memory
Dear all, My problem is as follows, I want to run an simulation in Femlab. The mesh has around 10,000 elements and 8,000 nodes. My computer has a memory of 1,024 MB and I have set the virtual memory up to 4 GB. When I'm running the simulation the simulation stops with a message that it is "out of Memory". The used memory was at that moment around 0.8 GB, what means that the capacity of the memory was not fully used. Could someone tell me why this is and what actions I have to undertake to solve this problem. regards Harry Dekker Harry Dekker wrote: > > Dear all, > ...

aix memory usage
Hi all, I am testing (memory consumption) a C++ application across different platforms (aix windows solaris linux). I found interesting/confusing results. I configured application on all platforms equally, i.e. it holds same amount of information in memory across all platforms. I found large difference in memory consumption between the pltforms. To hold X amount of information aix - process's total mem footprint (SZ + RSS of ps command): 90920+89064 (175 MB) solaris - process's total mem footprint (SZ + RSS of ps command): 4266+31176 (34 MB) It is very huge difference across plat...

Labview out of memory message: memory full; not enough memory to complete this operation
Hello, I have programmed various algorithms for preprocessing of large data sets, mainly using the linear algebra toolkit.&nbsp; I am having memory problems with labview when I run my program - even when testing with a 'small' data set &nbsp;of 2000 columns and 2000 rows. I get messages like: Labvie out of memory; memory full; not enough memory to complete operation. And these messages come very soon after I import the data - i.e. i do not get much chance to do much processing! I will appreciate help with this. I have tried to streamline my code, but I am sure I am still missin...

ANNOUNCE: ActiveTcl for IBM AIX for PowerPC is now available!
Today ActiveState is announcing support for IBM AIX for PowerPC. We are happy to announce that ActiveTcl 8.4.10 for IBM AIX for PowerPC is now available for free download from: http://www.ActiveState.com/Products/ActiveTcl/ This brings the number of free ActiveTcl platforms to seven -- with the existing HP-UX, Linux, Mac OS X, Solaris and Windows free downloads. What is ActiveTcl? --------------------- ActiveTcl is ActiveState's quality-assured binary distribution of Tcl. Builds for AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Mac OS X, Solaris (SPARC and x86-64), and Windows are made freely vailable. ActiveTcl includes the Tcl/Tk core and numerous popular extensions. To download ActiveTcl 8.4.10, click here: http://www.ActiveState.com/ActiveTcl/download An online version of the documentation can be found here: http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/docs/ActiveTcl Thanks, and enjoy! The Tcl Team @ ActiveState ...

Difference between HP Unix and Unix AIX
What are the difference between HP Unix and HP AIX at command line ??? Is there any ? dlprogress wrote: > What are the difference between HP Unix and HP AIX at command line ??? > Is there any ? > > Unless you're getting into system dependent stuff, no, there's no real difference. However, one real difference is that AIX is an IBM and not an HP product. -- Fletcher Glenn ...

We have an AIX lpar and sas isn't using the cpu/memory/etc capacity available
Hi, we have an aix capped lpar running aix 53ml4. It has 8 processors as shown by lsdev -Ccprocessor. We have smt enabled. But when running nmon ( and hitting "c" to show cpu activity ) when the machine is busy I can see that only the even numbered processors are being used most of the time. The odd numbered ones are being used occasionally. So it looks like smt is being used but only rarely. It looks like the box is over specced if anything but we need sas to run faster than it is so we have given it more cpu than it seems to be using. The odd numbered processors are being used but they are nowhere near capacity. The question is, how can i make sas spread its load over all the processors and use smt too? I have read the "Tuning guide for sas on aix 5L" and the only thing that seems that might make a difference is the AIXTHREAD_SCOPE variable which we currently have set to the default of P. Would setting it to S, make sas make more use of the processors available? Memory is 24Gb and is not being used fully either. Disk I/0 is not a problem either, the disks could be tweaked slightly but they are not being hammered and have throughput to spare. IO wait is 0% averaged over 12 hours according to nmon. Network, same again, we have etherchannel and we are running well under capacity and getting no errors on the network. We have the oracle database on a different lpar and that is not being hammered either. How do I make these beasties roar? Regards Bozo...

Out of memory & Function MEMORY is not available on this platform
well guys is very strange... since: when I type: help memory I am to get response from Matlab as: .... Example 1: Run the MEMORY command on a 32-bit Windows system: .... Example 2: Run the MEMORY command on a 64-bit Windows system: .... Example 3: Run the MEMORY command with two outputs on a 32-bit Windows system: [uV sV] = memory .... but when I type: memory ??? Error using ==> memory Function MEMORY is not available on this platform. Its kind of strange isn't it? btw I use MAC OS X 10.6 (might this be a problem?) Moreover I would like to execute this ...

RISC OS Now Subscriptions now available by PayPal
Hello All, First I'd like to say a big thank you to the SASAUG group for a fantastic show yet again. And secondly, I would like to announce that you can now pay for your RISC OS Now magazine subscriptions on line using PayPal. You needn't have a PayPal account, just a credit or debit card! The website (www.riscosnow.co.uk) is currently able to take UK subscriptions starting from issues 7, 8 or 9, but will soon be updated to allow international subscriptions and pay for individual issues! This is a brand new feature to the website, and will hopefully prove to be a popular one! In addition to this exciting development of the website, I am looking for a number of new article series namely on DataPower, FireWorks and TechWriter. If you think you're upto the challenge, then contact me through the website (above). RISC OS Now, is a fully colour, glossy magazine aimed at both users and programmers of RISC OS. Best wishes to all, Louie Smith Editor RISC OS Now _______________________________________________________________ a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce. Submissions to csaa@owlart.net Related mail to csaa-request@owlart.net ...

RISC OS Now Overseas Subscriptions are now available!
I have now contacted the bank and set up the ability to pay by electronic transfer. I do not want to post the details over the internet, so if you are wanting to subscribe but live in a different country, then email me (editor@riscosnow.co.uk) and I will give instructions. I will also be up loading to the website (www.riscosnow.co.uk) shortly the costs of posting abroad, which has worked out a lot cheaper than I originally thought it would! If anyone would like me to send them a bulk of magazine so that they can be distributed in their local area, then this is also possible. Again contact me via email if you would like to do this. RISC OS Now is a bi-monthly A4 full colour glossy magazine for RISC OS users and programmers old and new containing reviews, tutorials and interviews as well as much more. Regards Louie Smith Editor RISC OS Now _______________________________________________________________ a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce. Submissions to csaa@owlart.net Related mail to csaa-request@owlart.net ...

Not enough memory.
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_53C3D811_0911BDC8_35C86F18 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Pj4+IGltcG9ydCBvcw0KPj4+IGhlbHAob3MucGF0aCkNCk5vdCBlbm91Z2ggbWVtb3J5LuKA jQ0KDQpXaHkgaSBnZXQgaXQ/Tm90IGVub3VnaCBtZW1vcnkgLCBub3QgaGVscCBpbmZvPyxu b3Q= ------=_NextPart_53C3D811_0911BDC8_35C86F18 Content-Type: text/html; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Jmd0OyZndDsmZ3Q7IGltcG9ydCBvczxicj4mZ3Q7Jmd0OyZndDsgaGVscChvcy5wYXRoKTxi cj5Ob3QgZW5vdWdoIG1lbW9yeS48c3BhbiBpZD0iX2VkaXRvc...

No more memory available
Hi, In a loop I am pushing data on a stack and popping it later. In the first part of the calculation I push more than I pop and it eats up all the physical memory, and eats also up all the virtual memory available for the App. No more memory available. Mathematica kernel has shut down. Try quitting other applications and then retry. It is with OSX 10.3.5 and Mathematica 5.0.1 on a G4 with 2GB SDRAM. I am wondering what technics are used by others in similar situation. Do you start to write out to the file system your accumulated unprocessed data and read it back late...

Available memory
Is there a function call, or a set of calls, that will tell me how much physical memory is available to grab with malloc? I'm sure there is, but I can't find it. Allo wrote: > Is there a function call, or a set of calls, that will tell me how much= =20 > physical memory is available to grab with malloc? >=20 > I'm sure there is, but I can't find it. see if there's an getrlimit(2) function in your distribution. man 2 getrlimit It's a Berkleyism as far as I can tell but may be in some other kernels as well. --=20 =D1 "It is impossible to make an...

Enough is Enough
Enough is enough. Everyone needs to just get back to what this group is supposed to be about instead of wasting all of this time and space slamming one another. Sharon On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 10:07:47 -0700, Sharon <me7@privacy.net> wrote: >Enough is enough. Everyone needs to just get back to what this group is >supposed to be about instead of wasting all of this time and space >slamming one another. > >Sharon Your right Sharon, they do. Gallery http://www.picturetrail.com/fugitive1 http://gregsplace.50megs.com <comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-p...

Is my memory is not enough?
Dear members: I am programming in C. I declare as follows but when running program, there is a fatal error appear: double a[255][255]; double b[255][255]; When I change it to double a[255][255]; double b[255][100]; then it works. I think the problem caused by the running out of memory. But I am wondering why I use malloc function, there is no error: ------------------------ double **a; double **b; a=malloc(255*255*sizeof(double)); if(a==NULL) printf("there is an error"); b= malloc(255*255*sizeof(double)); if(a==NULL) printf("there is an error"); -----------------...

not enough memory :-(
From time to time, my system seems to eat up all the memory. In this moment, for instance, if I try to open even a simple command window, it fails saying that there is non enough memory available :-( Shmemmon says: Available: 715 256Kb blocks = 178.8 Mb I had theseus already open, just in case, and the output of the linear memory map page is posted at http://tinyurl.com/2w62pj(It is too long to be posted here) I am unable to interpret it. Is anyone able to tell me what is going wrong? Is there any other check that I could do? thanks Piersante The correct link ...

No more memory available.
During this calculation: Det[m] the kernel has jammed and the following message has been visualized No more memory available. Mathematica kernel has shut down. it is possible to overcome this obstacle increasing the memory or it is a non surmountable limit of the windows XP vers 32 bit ? Thanks for the help If you search this forum or google for key words like "no more memory available" you would get your answer. I personally suspect that Mathematica has problems with Intel HT because running the same code on 64bit machine with 8gb of ram gives the...

No Memory Available
Dear Mathematica Experts, I am using NDSolve to do integration in time for 24 variables. I can choose only to do the integration for a short time range, otherwise I get the error: No more memory available. Mathematica kernel has shut down. Try quitting other applications and then retry. What frustrates me is that I get this error only after a minute or so although I can accept to carry out the run for a much longer time to reach the steady state solution but this error prevents me from this by killing the whole kernel. I tried to set the Historylength to zero with no improveme...

not enough memory
Hi , I use proc model to estimate a hundred equations using=20 proc model data... ..... fit eq1 eq2 ..eq100/GMM And sas log says unable to allocate sufficient memory,need at least = 400mb more. Which is strange, I have 4G physicaly memory on WinXP 32 using sas 9.2. = Surely I have 400mb of free memory. Just as an aside, Proc model = actually prints out a memory usage chart which says it needs 800mb. So = the total memory needed is just 800mb. If I delete half of the equations, the program runs perferctly. I wonder = if there is anyway to fix this. I tried memsize and bu...

Web resources about - There is not enough memory available now. - comp.unix.aix

The Kidnapped Kids That Sparked #BringBackOurGirls Are Being Used as Suicide Bombers
In 2014, you definitely saw #BringBackOurGirls all over your social media. The campaign was intended to raise awareness of the over 200 Nigerian ...

Humans of New York Founder Takes On Donald Trump
A critical open letter to the presidential candidate became one of the most-shared posts ever on Facebook.

Sanders Seeks Caucus Wins to Close Delegate Gap
(WASHINGTON) — Bernie Sanders pushed for a trifecta of wins in Saturday’s Democratic presidential caucuses in Hawaii, Alaska and Washington state, ...

Zack Snyder’s Idea of ‘Batman v Superman’ Fun Is Secretly Killing a DC Comics Character
There’s an R-rated cut of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice coming to Blu-Ray and DVD that will add about 30 minutes of unseen material to the ...

Rolling Stones make history with Cuba concert
The group became the first major international rock band to play in Cuba.

San Francisco Mayor Bans City Worker Travel to North Carolina

Man Arrested in 'Diabolical' Murder of California Family
The motive appears to be financial gain, the sheriff said.

Weekend business update: Microsoft chatbot spews hate-speech, the Apple event, and more
Artificial Intelligence continues to surprise and shock us. Last week, we saw that AI can be better than us at playing Go. This week, Microsoft’s ...

Miley Cyrus Joins ‘The Voice’ For Season 11
Miley Cyrus will be sitting in coach’s chair on Season 11 of The Voice. TMZ is reporting that Gwen Stefani and Pharrell will not be returning ...

Kids need less than 5 minutes to snag 14000 Easter eggs
Chicago Tribune Kids need less than 5 minutes to snag 14000 Easter eggs Chicago Tribune Milana Brown, 3, wears bunny ears and sits atop the ...