f



Can't buildworld - FreeBSD 4.9

I have done a cvs on my FreeBSD 4.9-RELEASE system and am now wanting to 
make buildworld. The problem is, each time I attempt one the build will 
run for about one hour and then falls over when it reaches:

/usr/src/lib/libc/../libc/net/herror.c: In function 'herror':
/usr/src/lib/libc/../libc/net/herror.c:97 syntax error before '~'
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/lib/libc.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.
1995.499U 433.690S 43:27.63 93.1%	1394+1763k 20696+3006io 2055pf+0w

(Please note I ran the command with 'time' in front.)

I have re cvs'd to elimante the chance of a server upload during my 
inital cvs but this didn't fix the problem. I have ensured that 'date' 
is set correctly. I'm relatively certain there is no RAM issue with the 
computer but if necessary I will replace the RAM stick for another. Is 
there anything else I may have done wrong or something I can check? It 
appears the error occurs at a slightly different point each time however 
usually having something to do with 'libc'.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanking you in advance,
Sh4d03

-- 
If you require more assistance or if my suggestion works please E-mail 
me at sh4d03 [at] TPG [dot] com [dot] au. Additionally, if you are able 
to provide assistance to me and wish to E-mail me directly please also 
feel free to contact me in this manner. Please ensure you insert the 
word "Newsgroup" before anything else in the subject line.
Thanks,
Sh4d03
0
Sh4d03
8/27/2004 10:16:54 AM
comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc 13187 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

5 Replies
469 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 38

make a backup of your kernel
then rm -rf /usr/src/*

re-get the src and start the make buildworld again

hope it helps


On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 20:16:54 +1000, Sh4d03 wrote:

> I have done a cvs on my FreeBSD 4.9-RELEASE system and am now wanting to 
> make buildworld. The problem is, each time I attempt one the build will 
> run for about one hour and then falls over when it reaches:
> 
> /usr/src/lib/libc/../libc/net/herror.c: In function 'herror':
> /usr/src/lib/libc/../libc/net/herror.c:97 syntax error before '~'
> *** Error code 1
> 
> Stop in /usr/src/lib/libc.
> *** Error code 1
> 
> Stop in /usr/src.
> *** Error code 1
> 
> Stop in /usr/src.
> *** Error code 1
> 
> Stop in /usr/src.
> 1995.499U 433.690S 43:27.63 93.1%	1394+1763k 20696+3006io 2055pf+0w
> 
> (Please note I ran the command with 'time' in front.)
> 
> I have re cvs'd to elimante the chance of a server upload during my 
> inital cvs but this didn't fix the problem. I have ensured that 'date' 
> is set correctly. I'm relatively certain there is no RAM issue with the 
> computer but if necessary I will replace the RAM stick for another. Is 
> there anything else I may have done wrong or something I can check? It 
> appears the error occurs at a slightly different point each time however 
> usually having something to do with 'libc'.
> Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanking you in advance,
> Sh4d03

-- 
In a world with no boundaries, Who Needs Gates?

0
fixx
8/27/2004 10:43:57 AM
Thank you for your help! What's the best way to backup my kernel?
Sh4d03

fixx wrote:

> make a backup of your kernel
> then rm -rf /usr/src/*
> 
> re-get the src and start the make buildworld again
> 
> hope it helps
> 
> 
> On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 20:16:54 +1000, Sh4d03 wrote:
> 
> 
>>I have done a cvs on my FreeBSD 4.9-RELEASE system and am now wanting to 
>>make buildworld. The problem is, each time I attempt one the build will 
>>run for about one hour and then falls over when it reaches:
>>
>>/usr/src/lib/libc/../libc/net/herror.c: In function 'herror':
>>/usr/src/lib/libc/../libc/net/herror.c:97 syntax error before '~'
>>*** Error code 1
>>
>>Stop in /usr/src/lib/libc.
>>*** Error code 1
>>
>>Stop in /usr/src.
>>*** Error code 1
>>
>>Stop in /usr/src.
>>*** Error code 1
>>
>>Stop in /usr/src.
>>1995.499U 433.690S 43:27.63 93.1%	1394+1763k 20696+3006io 2055pf+0w
>>
>>(Please note I ran the command with 'time' in front.)
>>
>>I have re cvs'd to elimante the chance of a server upload during my 
>>inital cvs but this didn't fix the problem. I have ensured that 'date' 
>>is set correctly. I'm relatively certain there is no RAM issue with the 
>>computer but if necessary I will replace the RAM stick for another. Is 
>>there anything else I may have done wrong or something I can check? It 
>>appears the error occurs at a slightly different point each time however 
>>usually having something to do with 'libc'.
>>Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanking you in advance,
>>Sh4d03
> 
> 


-- 
If you require more assistance or if my suggestion works please E-mail 
me at sh4d03 [at] TPG [dot] com [dot] au. Additionally, if you are able 
to provide assistance to me and wish to E-mail me directly please also 
feel free to contact me in this manner. Please ensure you insert the 
word "Newsgroup" before anything else in the subject line.
Thanks,
Sh4d03
0
Sh4d03
8/27/2004 11:38:00 AM
Sh4d03 <sh4d03@TPG.com.au> writes:

> I have done a cvs on my FreeBSD 4.9-RELEASE system and am now wanting

For a novice, as you seem to be, I would strongly recommend using
cvsup to update your sources rather than trying to use cvs remotely.
cvsup isn't in the base system, but can easily be installed from a
package (in fact, that is the method I would suggest).

> to make buildworld. The problem is, each time I attempt one the build
> will run for about one hour and then falls over when it reaches:
> 
> /usr/src/lib/libc/../libc/net/herror.c: In function 'herror':
> /usr/src/lib/libc/../libc/net/herror.c:97 syntax error before '~'
> *** Error code 1

That looks like a problem with the sources... 

> I have re cvs'd to elimante the chance of a server upload during my
> inital cvs but this didn't fix the problem. I have ensured that 'date'
> is set correctly. I'm relatively certain there is no RAM issue with
> the computer but if necessary I will replace the RAM stick for
> another. Is there anything else I may have done wrong or something I
> can check? It appears the error occurs at a slightly different point
> each time however usually having something to do with 'libc'.

If it's really stopping at a different point, even without updating
the sources in between, that really does suggest some kind of hardware
problem, even though the error you quoted above isn't typical for
hardware issues.  Please check carefully to see if this is the case,
because it's a critical piece of diagnostic information.

You also didn't mention what set of sources you updated to:  what
branch, date, or tag did you specify to cvs?

Good luck.
0
Lowell
8/27/2004 12:51:24 PM
My apologies, I am/have used cvs-up - what information about that do you 
need me to provide for further help? I wouldn't go so far as saying I"m 
a novice but I'm in no way an expert.


Lowell Gilbert wrote:

> Sh4d03 <sh4d03@TPG.com.au> writes:
> 
> 
>>I have done a cvs on my FreeBSD 4.9-RELEASE system and am now wanting
> 
> 
> For a novice, as you seem to be, I would strongly recommend using
> cvsup to update your sources rather than trying to use cvs remotely.
> cvsup isn't in the base system, but can easily be installed from a
> package (in fact, that is the method I would suggest).
> 
> 
>>to make buildworld. The problem is, each time I attempt one the build
>>will run for about one hour and then falls over when it reaches:
>>
>>/usr/src/lib/libc/../libc/net/herror.c: In function 'herror':
>>/usr/src/lib/libc/../libc/net/herror.c:97 syntax error before '~'
>>*** Error code 1
> 
> 
> That looks like a problem with the sources... 
> 
> 
>>I have re cvs'd to elimante the chance of a server upload during my
>>inital cvs but this didn't fix the problem. I have ensured that 'date'
>>is set correctly. I'm relatively certain there is no RAM issue with
>>the computer but if necessary I will replace the RAM stick for
>>another. Is there anything else I may have done wrong or something I
>>can check? It appears the error occurs at a slightly different point
>>each time however usually having something to do with 'libc'.
> 
> 
> If it's really stopping at a different point, even without updating
> the sources in between, that really does suggest some kind of hardware
> problem, even though the error you quoted above isn't typical for
> hardware issues.  Please check carefully to see if this is the case,
> because it's a critical piece of diagnostic information.
> 
> You also didn't mention what set of sources you updated to:  what
> branch, date, or tag did you specify to cvs?
> 
> Good luck.


-- 
If you require more assistance or if my suggestion works please E-mail 
me at sh4d03 [at] TPG [dot] com [dot] au. Additionally, if you are able 
to provide assistance to me and wish to E-mail me directly please also 
feel free to contact me in this manner. Please ensure you insert the 
word "Newsgroup" before anything else in the subject line.
Thanks,
Sh4d03
0
Sh4d03
8/27/2004 12:57:07 PM
Sh4d03 <sh4d03@TPG.com.au> writes:
> fixx wrote:
> > On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 20:16:54 +1000, Sh4d03 wrote:
> >> I have done a cvs on my FreeBSD 4.9-RELEASE system and am now wanting
> >> to make buildworld. The problem is, each time I attempt one the build
> >> will run for about one hour and then falls over when it reaches:
> >>
> >>/usr/src/lib/libc/../libc/net/herror.c: In function 'herror':
> >>/usr/src/lib/libc/../libc/net/herror.c:97 syntax error before '~'
> >>*** Error code 1
> > make a backup of your kernel
> > then rm -rf /usr/src/*
> > re-get the src and start the make buildworld again
> > hope it helps
>
> Thank you for your help! What's the best way to backup my kernel?

One way to take a backup of all your /usr/src is with tar.  Find a place
that has a bit of free space, like /home/user and run this as root:

        # mkdir -p /home/user/backup
        # cd /usr
        # tar cvf - src | bzip2 -9c - >/home/user/backup/src-2004-08-29.tbz

Before you wipe out all of your /usr/src and redownload, which can take
a while if you're on a slow link (like a dialup), you can also look at
the file /usr/src/lib/libc/net/herror.c for possible causes of the build
error.  If you don't know C and find it difficult to track the cause of
the build error, it might make sense to post the file here.  Numbering
the lines of the file so that we can take a look can be done with:

        # cd /usr/src/lib/libc/net
        # cat -n herror.c > /tmp/herror.txt

Then you can post /tmp/herror.txt and if there's something wrong with
your source I'm sure we can find out what it is.

- Giorgos

0
Giorgos
8/29/2004 3:55:17 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Can't synch T|E after 4.1.4 to 4.1.4 upgrade
I upgraded my Palm Desktop for T|E w/ OS 5.2.1 and now can't sync as I could before, using USB. All settings seem ok. Win 2K tries to Install a new device on hotsyn, and ignoring, then searching, hasn't helped. palmOne suggested finding and installing one of these files: VisorUsb.inf OR PalmUSB.sys I can find neither file on my system, and they're not offered as a d/load anywhere. Also tried reinstalling, repair then fresh, no help. I did the "upgrade" because: Palm advises even updating an older 4.1.4 version to the newer 4.1.4, for updated Window Outloo...

Can't compile APC with PHP 4.4.4 (too many arguments to function `zend_do_inheritance')
Hello everyone, I would like to use the Alternative PHP Cache (APC, http://pecl.php.net/package/APC). I am using Apache 2.2.3 (with worker MPM), PHP 4.4.4 - all self-builds under Debian GNU/Linux 3.1, Kernel 2.4. I use the following configure command to build APC: ../configure \ --enable-apc \ --enable-apc-mmap \ --with-apxs=/usr/local/apache-2.2.3/bin/apxs \ --with-php-config=/usr/local/php-4.4.4/bin/php-config But afterwards, make fails with the following error: [...] /bin/sh /usr/local/src/new_inst2/APC-3.0.12p2/libtool --mode=compile gcc -I. -I/usr/local/src/new_inst2/APC-3.0.12p2 -D...

converting 1944 to '1','9','4','4'
converting 1944 to '1','9','4','4' how can I convert a number such as 1944 to a character array? thanks! x wrote: > converting 1944 to '1','9','4','4' > > how can I convert a number such as 1944 to a character array? Corvert it to string, then convert string into character array, if string is not good enough for you. See faq: [38.1] How do I convert a value (a number, for example) to a std::string? http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/misc-technical-issues.html#faq-38.1 On 13 Apr 2004 08:08:24 -0700, aotemp@hotma...

Can't install 4.9 ?
I got 4.9 by download and burned the ISO image to a CD. Booted from CD and installed on a Symetra Pentium Pro. Another Pentium with the same bias will not boot the CD. I know it's capable, because it tries to boot a 5.0 CD, but hangs in the bootloader (the other machine does the same). But the 4.9 CD is not recognized as even worth trying to boot. It just does a read and then boots Windoze 95 from the hard drive. Now, I recently installed an old Ethernet card which contains "McAfee Boot-Time Virus protection ROM" Is it possible that is the problem? If so, and I i...

Re: Do this. Don't do that. Can't you read the signs? #9
Paige, I have also noticed this apparent contradiction, and my only stab at explanation is to surmise that perhaps some regulations specific to clinical trials business cap data file names at 8 characters. Maybe it is a tradition formed during the times of versions earlier than 7. But, again, it is just devil's advocate guessing on my part. On the other note, I tend to agree with you that the good/bad programmer situation is not rectifiable, but even if it were I would be far from the notion that "something has to be done about it". The latter would beg the questions "what...

Re: Do this. Don't do that. Can't you read the signs? #4
A few years back I was working as a contract programmer for Big Pharma and was actually asked by a manager to not use SQL in my coding because none of the programmers in their group knew it. Needless to say, I did not work for that group much longer... -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Nathaniel Wooding Sent: Friday, August 14, 2009 11:31 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: Do this. Don't do that. Can't you read the signs? Paige Then, there was a co-worker who refused to take the time to learn our current word pro...

I can't load a dynamic service on CentOS-4.4, what's the reason?
I built a network service named nman and a service configer to load that service. It works on windows xp, but It dont works on centos4.4 ACE is V5.4.10 The output as follows: ============================================ # ./configer -d -f svc.conf ../configer, V1.0.0.0, Build-May 23 2007-17:00:42 Configer(9341|3086554816) Starting ... starting up daemon ./configer ACE_DLL_Handle::open: calling dlopen on "nman" ACE_DLL_Handle::open: Trying to open DLL nman with nman.so name ACE_DLL_Handle::open: Trying to open DLL nman with libnman.so name ACE_DLL_Handle::open: Trying t...

'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe4' in position 4: ordinal not in range(128)
Hello friends, I am using pyWPS + GRASS to generate the maps for the given request XML. As my requestxml contains scandinavian letters , i got the following error, " 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe4' in position 4: ordinal not in range(128) " The Request xml also contains encoding specification like <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?> Then i traced the pywps code and added the following line, inputXml = inputXml.encode("utf-8") But it gives ...

Can't link after updating to CW 9.4
When trying to link my mach-o lib, I now get the error "Error: Invalid Object Code. MSL_Runtime_Mach-O.lib". I have completely rebuilt the standard libraries. Suggestions? ->Jeff In article <SqKdnYx0Bq9NKKLfRVn-2A@speakeasy.net>, "Jeff Roberts" <jeffr@radgametools.com> wrote: >When trying to link my mach-o lib, I now get the error "Error: Invalid >Object Code. MSL_Runtime_Mach-O.lib". You get this error when you add the wrong library to a project. for example if you added MSL_runtime_Mach-O.lib to a CFM Carbon ...

Can't do math. Can't read.
Can't do math. Can't read. We must be talking about Snit. LOL! ...

Can't Print, Can't Forward
Dear LN Experts, I have a simple Lotus Notes database containing a form with several fields but no subforms. In production, the application does not allow anyone to print documents created with the main form or to forward them via email. I have checked each field individually and confirmed that the form security setting allows printing and forwarding and I am at a loss to resolve the problem. Although I am a manager in the db, I myself am not allowed to print a document. The print option is grey in the file menu. If I create a new document, enter some data and save it,...

OT: Ah Lawyers. Can't live with 'em, can't shoot them...
http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1104_2-1024234.html Is Google's cache cutting a cash flow? By Stefanie Olsen CNET News.com July 10, 2003, 7:03 AM PT Quote: "Many of us copyright lawyers have been waiting for this issue to come up: Google is making copies of all the Web sites they index and they're not asking permission," said Fred von Lohman, an attorney at the Electronic Frontier Foundation. "From a strict copyright standpoint, it violates copyright." * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://rave...

I can't load a dynamic service on CentOS-4.4, what's the reason? #2
I built a network service named nman and a service configer to load that service. It works on windows xp, but It dont works on centos4.4 The output prompt that it can't locate or load the libnman.so file. But I can found the libnman.so in $ACE_ROOT/lib. ACE version is V5.4.10 The output as follows: ============================================ # ./configer -d -f svc.conf ../configer, V1.0.0.0, Build-May 23 2007-17:00:42 Configer(9341|3086554816) Starting ... starting up daemon ./configer ACE_DLL_Handle::open: calling dlopen on "nman" ACE_DLL_Handle::open: Trying to ...

using 'kill -9' can't kill the process
Hi: On my AIX 4.3.1, I can see some processes with the name "[]", and their parent process is 1. I using 'kill -9' can't kill them. If they used the resouse of the pty, then the pty can't be used. how can I deal with them? Thanks cheng wrote: > Hi: > On my AIX 4.3.1, I can see some processes with the name "[]", and their > parent process is 1. I using 'kill -9' can't kill them. If they used the > resouse of the pty, then the pty can't be used. how can I deal with them? Actually, they're already dead, and the exit s...

Re: Can't restart 9.4 on Linux after the blackout.
<color><param>0100,0100,0100</param>Art, This looks like the rule of TEN (Tools Engine Network) </color>Check out this link. http://www.prstech.com/tips/rule_of_ten1.shtml HTH, Zev Berezin <color><param>0100,0100,0100</param>On 21 Aug 2003, at 13:54, Art S. Kagel wrote: <color><param>7F00,0000,0000</param>> Hi folk, > > Installed IDS 9.4 on RH 7, configured, brought it up, linked it into > the sqlhosts on other machines. All was well. Then the blackout > (test inst...

Re: OT: Ah Lawyers. Can't live with 'em, can't shoot them...
Mark writes: > Is Google's cache cutting a cash flow? But on the positive side, last week the federal 9th circuit court affirmed that offering "thumbnails" of graphic images is "fair use"... http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=03/07/07/2141216 G. * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html * ...

Re: OT: Ah Lawyers. Can't live with 'em, can't shoot them...
Does that mean that every PC that maintains a cache of web content is violating copyright ? -----Original Message----- From: Mark Wonsil [mailto:wonsil@4m-ent.com] Sent: Friday, July 11, 2003 10:40 AM To: HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU Subject: [HP3000-L] OT: Ah Lawyers. Can't live with 'em, can't shoot them... http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1104_2-1024234.html Is Google's cache cutting a cash flow? By Stefanie Olsen CNET News.com July 10, 2003, 7:03 AM PT Quote: "Many of us copyright lawyers have been waiting for this issue to come up: Google is making cop...

I can't install Netbeans 4.0, I'm told my machine can not find a suitable JVM
I downloaded jre-1_5_0_01-windows-i586-p.exe to make sure I had the newest version of the JVM installed. Then I downloaded Netbeans 4.0 and tried to install it. My machine runs Windows XP. I was told that I couldn't install it, because a suitable JVM could not be found. Any ideas what I should do? <lkrubner@geocities.com> wrote in message news:1114836684.643365.216070@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... >I downloaded jre-1_5_0_01-windows-i586-p.exe to make sure I had the > newest version of the JVM installed. Don't you have to have the JDK and its JVM to install NetBean...

Re: [ace-users] I can't load a dynamic service on CentOS-4.4, what's the reason?
Hi, To ensure that we have proper version/platform/compiler information, please make sure you fill out the appropriate problem report form (PRF), which is in $ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM or in $ACE_ROOT/BUG-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/BUG-REPORT-FORM in older versions of ACE+TAO. Make sure to include this information when asking any questions about ACE+TAO since otherwise we have to "guess" what version/platform/compiler/options you've using, which is very error-prone and slows down our responsiveness. If you don't use the PRF...

I can't upgrade to PostgreSQL 7.4 in RedHat 9.0
Hello list This is my situation: My box: Pentium III, Red Hat 9.0 I was working fine with PostgreSQL 7.3.2. Recently I decided to upgrade it to PostgreSQL 7.4 installing the twelve rpms I downloaded from ftp://ftp15.us.postgresql.org/binar...dhat/refhat-9/. I followed the standar command to upgrade rpm packages but the installation failed due to conflicts with the installed package unixODBC-devel-2.2.3-6. This is the output I got from the system: ------------------------------------------- #rpm -Uvh postgresql*7.4-0.5PGDG.i386.rpm Preparing... ########################[100...

iBlog: can't preview, can't publish
I've done a very simple Blog, when I click on preview, I have a little wheel near the preview turning around for ever, nothing happens. Same problem with the Publish function. Using iBlog 1.3.9/panther and a .mac accont. I've set everything like they say. -- *** remove "_no_junk" for mail replies *** ...

Re: Can't restart 9.4 on Linux after the blackout. #2
Usually this error comes when it cannot find the right .iem files to load .... I would suggest reinstalling the server ...that should clear up the "corruption" ... Thanx much, Rajib Sarkar Advisory Software Engineer (RAS) IBM Data Management Group Ph : (602)-217-2100 Fax: (602)-217-2100 T/L : 667-2100 As long as you derive inner help and comfort from anything, keep it -- Mahatma Gandhi "Ar...

Re: OT: Ah Lawyers. Can't live with 'em, can't shoot them... #2
> -----Original Message----- > From: John Lee [mailto:jlee@vaskecomputer.com] > Sent: Friday, July 11, 2003 11:41 AM > To: HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU > Subject: Re: [HP3000-L] OT: Ah Lawyers. Can't live with 'em, > can't shoot > them... > > > Good question. And what if it's a cookie? And how do you > determine that? > And if I get a cookie that I didn't "authorize", am I entitled to > compensation for rental use of my disk space? > > John Lee Or worse yet, what if it's one of these: Hackers Hijack PC's for Sex Sites By JOHN SCHWARTZ http://www.nytimes.com/2003/07/11/technology/11HACK.html?th (You gotta be a subscriber, free, yada-yada, minor copyright violation below:) More than a thousand unsuspecting Internet users around the world have recently had their computers hijacked by hackers, who computer security experts say are using them for pornographic Web sites. The hijacked computers, which are chosen by the hackers apparently because they have high-speed connections to the Internet, are secretly loaded with software that makes them send explicit Web pages advertising pornographic sites and offer to sign visitors up as customers. Unless the owner of the hijacked computer is technologically sophisticated, the activity is likely to go unnoticed. The program, which only briefly downloads the pornographic material to the usurped compute...

Can't cd , can't use wildcard
Hi , I am running Windows 2000 service pack 4.Whenever I try to "cd" into some of the directories(which exist), I get an "Invalid directory". I can use to get into few of the directories(using cd) but for other it just says "Invalid directory". Moreover, I can't use any wildcard characters..(*, ? etc) at all.. Any idea what is wrong? Thanks Arun On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 17:13:52 GMT, Arun Goel <arun.goel@sbcglobal.net> wrote the following to comp.os.msdos.misc: > Hi , > > I am running Windows 2000 service pack 4.Whene...

Can't install 9.2.0.4 patch on VMS
I'm trying to install the 9.2.0.4 patchset ( on top of 9.2.0.2 ) on a VMS server ( vms 7.3-2 ). I can't get the 2.2.0.18 installer to install - it gets as far as copying readme.html during the JRE installation ( first product ) then pops up a window that says "an error occurred" ( honest, that's all it says ). Has anyone successfully installed this patchset on VMS? Is there perhaps some secret handshake or magic words and phrases I'm missing? Thanks in advance for any insights. ...

Web resources about - Can't buildworld - FreeBSD 4.9 - comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc

bsdx (@bsdxbsdx) on Twitter
Sign in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here bsdx @ bsdxbsdx I specialize ...

Maker Pro: Soylent Supply Chain « bunnie's blog
A few editors have approached me about writing a book on manufacturing, but that’s a bit like asking an architect to take a photo of a building ...

freebsd/freebsd · GitHub
freebsd - FreeBSD src tree

The BSD family, pt. 1: FreeBSD 9.1
OSNews is Exploring the Future of Computing with news on desktop, server, mobile, and specialty operating systems and new computing technology. ...

FreeBSD to Adopt Clang as Default Compiler from November 4, Dropping GCC
Tweet !function(d,s,id){var js,fjs=d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];if(!d.getElementById(id){js=d.createElement(s);js.id=id;js.src=&quot;//platform.twitter.c... ...


Building Webkit on Windows
圖片來源: http://www.webkit.org/ 多年以前,總覺得 FreeBSD 系統的 make buildworld 很威,在 P-200 的電腦等級,編 FreeBSD 4 系列就花了 6 小時。而後隨著硬體的升級,並且在 VirtualBox 的環境中,大概都不用 ...

DragonFly kernel List (threaded) for 2009-04
libc now has a new malloc. It appears to work well with buildworlds and pkgsrc, including firefox3. The new malloc is a bit more thread friendly ...

Some Notes For Googlers
Over the past week I’ve setup two different heavy-iron machines (or, at least they were when they were initially purchased) with FreeBSD . U ...

The freebsd-current August 2010 Archive by thread
August 2010 Archives by thread Messages sorted by: [ subject ] [ author ] [ date ] More info on this list... Starting: Sun Aug 1 07:06:32 UTC ...

Resources last updated: 2/27/2016 12:09:07 AM