Can't compile Samba ports under FreeBSD 6.0

Hi

I made the mistake after upgrading from FreeBSD 5.4 to 6.0 to follow the
instructions too closely:
Eg. I did make delete-old-libs

Anyway, most programs didn't work anymore due to missing libraries so I
recompiled most of them.

Samba is giving me problems, it doesn't compile and fails during
configure with:
checking for test routines... configure: error: cant find test code.
Aborting config

Google didn't return anything interesting always linked to rather old
version of Samba (circ 2002).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you
JY
0
Jean
2/16/2006 5:45:08 AM
comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc 13187 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> Samba is giving me problems, it doesn't compile and fails during
> configure with:
> checking for test routines... configure: error: cant find test code.
> Aborting config

Looks like libcups was still calling the old libssl which was removed
earlier.

Will know in an hour when it finishes recompiling cups, it's a 400Mhz
P3, it takes forever :(

JY
0
Jean

Can't run Azureus on FreeBSD 6.0/JDK15/Gnome
All, I'm trying to get Azureus 2.4 to run under FreeBSD. I've successfully built JDK15 (after reinstalling my OS) and run into this message when I try to execute azureus. "/usr/local/azureus/libswt-pi-gtk-3139.so: Shared object "libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0" not found, required by "libswt-pi-gtk-3139.so"" Is there a package or port that contains "libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0"? Any help appreciated. Regards, Monty =================== Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /usr/local/azureus/libswt-pi-gtk-3139.so: Shared object "libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0" not found, required by "libswt-pi-gtk-3139.so" at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1751) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1676) at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:822) at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:992) at org.eclipse.swt.internal.Library.loadLibrary(Library.java:123) at org.eclipse.swt.internal.gtk.OS.<clinit>(OS.java:19) at org.eclipse.swt.internal.Converter.wcsToMbcs(Converter.java:63) at org.eclipse.swt.internal.Converter.wcsToMbcs(Converter.java:54) at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.<clinit>(Display.java:122) at org.gudy.azureus2.ui.swt.mainwindow.SWTThread.<init&g...

Can't get FreeBSD 6.0 to recognize my AC-97 audio device
Hi, I installed FreeBSD 6.0 to my Dell OptiPlex GX150 and everything worked like charm until I tried to get the audio device to work. To my great supprise the integrated AC-97 audio device was not recognized by my newly compiled kernel. I also tried to put all kinds of hints into loader.conf file without success. Is there anything I could still do about this? Jyri Jyri wrote: > Hi, > I installed FreeBSD 6.0 to my Dell OptiPlex GX150 and everything Is that 6.0-RELEASE or 6.0-STABLE? There are lots of fixes to the sound system from -release to -stable. > worked like charm until I tried to get the audio device to work. To > my great supprise the integrated AC-97 audio device was not recognized > by my newly compiled kernel. I also tried to put all kinds of hints into > loader.conf file without success. Is there anything I could still do > about this? If you are running 6.0-stable, you should describe the details of your hardware, system and problems on the freebsd-multimedia mailing list, That's where the audio experts hang out. HTH -- Torfinn Ingolfsen, Norway Jyri wrote: > Hi, > I installed FreeBSD 6.0 to my Dell OptiPlex GX150 and everything > worked like charm until I tried to get the audio device to work. To > my great supprise the integrated AC-97 audio device was not recognized > by my newly compiled kernel. I also tried to put all kinds of hints into > loader.conf file wi...

Can't compile 2.6.0 on mac OSX 10.4/GCC 4.0
Hello, I am trying to compile wxMac 2.6.0 on a recently upgraded OSX 10.4, with Xcode 2.0 and GCC 4.0 installed. It fails with: ../bk-deps g++ -c -o coredll_webkit.o -I.pch/wxprec_coredll -D__WXMAC__ -I../src/tiff -I../src/jpeg -I../src/png -I../src/expat/lib -DWXUSINGDLL -DWXMAKINGDLL_CORE -DwxUSE_BASE=0 -dynamic -fPIC -DPIC -DWX_PRECOMP -DNO_GCC_PRAGMA -Ilib/wx/include/mac-ansi-release-2.6 -I../include -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -fpascal-strings -I../src/mac/carbon/morefilex -I/Developer/Headers/FlatCarbon -O2 -Wall -Wno-ctor-dtor-privacy -fno-common ../src/htm...

if instead of 0.0.0.0 netmask is 255.0.0.0, I can't go on internet. That doesn't make sense...
Hello 1) I'm running W2k on PC called A ( it's not really named A, but for the sake of argument ...) and if my routing table has ( destionation )0.0.0.0 ( netmask )255.0.0.0 ( gateway )192.168.2.1 instead of ( destionation )0.0.0.0 (netmask)0.0.0.0 (gateway)192.168.2.1 then I can't get on internet. I know address 0.0.0.0 basically means "send the packet on internet", but why needs netmask be 0.0.0.0? Afterall, all that netmask 255.0.0.0 should tell A is that destination address is not on the same network as A is, and thus should send it to d...

Can't compile SWI on FreeBSD
version 5.6.20 Is griping about conflicting definitions of the 'timezone' variable. Using gcc version 3.4.2 Anyone seen this one? Jan, did I miss a setting particular to FreeBSD somewhere? Mike Goodrich <goodrich_ms@yahoo.com> wrote: > version 5.6.20 > Is griping about conflicting definitions of the 'timezone' variable. Using > gcc version 3.4.2 > Anyone seen this one? > Jan, did I miss a setting particular to FreeBSD somewhere? These are the kinds of things most porters don't even notice. :) Rule #1: anything that sticks out just chop off....

can't compile bdb 0.6.5 on Mac OS X Snow Leopard (10.6.1)
I'm trying to use Ruby-WordNet on my recently-Snow-Leopard-upgraded Mac, and I'm getting an error saying that it can't find the bdb library: /Library/Ruby/Site/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in `gem_original_require': no such file to load -- bdb (LoadError) from /Library/Ruby/Site/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in `require' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/wordnet-0.0.5/lib/wordnet/lexicon.rb:34 [snip] Predictably, line 34 of lexicon.rb says: 34 require 'bdb' I used porticus to install the macports package for rb-bdb, and it says I have 0.6.5_0 installed: ...

squid can't start, can't bind to port
I have a CentOS 5.2 server that for several weeks has been running squid on port 9765 with no problem (only accepting requests from certain external IPs). Some time yesterday it stopped working, and attempts to start squid now say only: [root@hostname28043 squid]# service squid start Starting squid: .................... [FAILED] The last lines of the cache.log file (whose dates correspond to the last time I attempted to start squid) say: 2009/02/10 03:48:20| Starting Squid Cache version 2.6.STABLE6 for i686- redhat-li nux-gnu... 2009/02/10 03:48:20| Process ID 3306 20...

Can't compile 2.6.0
Trying to compile 2.6.0 here. Did the make oldconfig, make mrproper, then make all. This is what I get: /bin/sh: invalid character 46 in exportstr for AFLAGS_vmlinux.lds.o /bin/sh: invalid character 46 in exportstr for AFLAGS_vmlinux.lds.o /home/Frank/linux-2.6.0/scripts/mkcompile_h: invalid character 46 in exportstr for AFLAGS_vmlinux.lds.o /bin/sh: invalid character 46 in exportstr for AFLAGS_vmlinux.lds.o /tmp/cc3Z51TG.s: Assembler messages: /tmp/cc3Z51TG.s:30: Error: Unknown pseudo-op: `.incbin' make[1]: *** [usr/initramfs_data.o] Error 1 make: *** [usr] Error 2 This is what I am...

Can't access serial port with Tcl and FreeBSD
I'm running gpsman-6.2.1 on FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE with tcl-8.4.11,1 and tk-8.4.11,2 but I can't get it to communicate with my Garmin Etrex receiver on the second serial port, (which I assume is /dev/cuad1 ?) The error message I get is: bad option "-mode": should be one of -blocking, -buffering, -buffersize, -encoding, -eofchar, or -translation while executing "fconfigure $SRLFILE -blocking 0 -mode $baud,n,8,1 -translation binary" ("unix" arm line 3) invoked from within "switch $tcl_platform(platform) { unix { set Polling 0 ; set InB...

FreeBSD 6.2 install can't find my keyboard
G'day there One & All, I've just tried to install 6.2 and found a problem that I have no idea how to get around. I've used Linux before, and currently have Ubuntu dual booting with WinXP Home version on my Dell machine. I want to put FreeBSD on an older machine I have sitting here to act as a server/gateway for my home nework (1 x server; 2 x desktops in total). I thought I'd first install on my main desktop to see how it all went. Well, the boot cd works fine. I get the initial menu and all gets under way. From there, no matter which option I select I see that all runs until USB hub initialisation starts and that's the end of it. I get error messages telling me that I have no USB and that the system is going to shut down. I don't recall the exact message, but I can run it again to quote accurately if need be. My question is; how can it not initialise the USB hub when it was obviously working or I'd not have been able to type the menu option with my USB keyboard to start the process to begin with??!! As a FreeBSD newbie, and not that much better with any other *nix, I don't know where to start looking. There are no log files, as nothing is mounted at this stage in the process and hence there is nowhere to save anything for later examination. All in all, it's a bit of a conundrum. Can somebody please point me in the direction of a solution? My friend Google gave me some clues, but...

can't get desired xorg resolution with FreeBSD 7.0
I have a laptop with a Radeon Mobility card on which I've been running FreeBSD 6.2 with Xorg 7.2 using a 1024x768 resolution. On a different slice of the same laptop, I installed FreeBSD 7.0/Xorg 7.3. With the same xorg.conf, X is coming up with a 1400x1050 resolution, which is too fine for my eyes. A google search led me to think that setting the desired resolution could be done using xrandr, but the command: xrandr --fb 1024x768 gives an error message: xrandr: specified screen 1024x768 not large enough for output LVDS \ (1400x1050+0+0) The contents of /etc/X11/xorg.conf: ----------------------------------- Section "ServerLayout" Identifier "X.org Configured" Screen 0 "Screen0" 0 0 InputDevice "Mouse0" "CorePointer" InputDevice "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard" EndSection Section "Files" RgbPath "/usr/local/lib/X11/rgb" ModulePath "/usr/local/lib/xorg/modules" FontPath "/usr/local/lib/X11/fonts/misc/" FontPath "/usr/local/lib/X11/fonts/TTF/" FontPath "/usr/local/lib/X11/fonts/Type1/" FontPath "/usr/local/lib/X11/fonts/CID/" FontPath "/usr/local/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi/" FontPath "/usr/local/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi/" EndSection Section "Module" Load "dbe" Load "dri" Load "extmo...

can't install firefox-1.0.1 on FreeBSD 5.3
Hi ! I downloaded the package firefox-1.0.1.p_2.tgz and when I try to install it on FreeBSD 5.3 I have this problem : pkg_add firefox-1.0.1.p_2.tgz pkg_add: could not find package imake-4.4.0 ! pkg_add: could not find package XFree86-libraries-4.4.0_1 ! pkg_add: could not find package XFree86-fontEncodings-4.4.0 ! pkg_add: could not find package XFree86-fontScalable-4.4.0_1 ! I have already imake 6.7 installed so why this error ? If somebody know how to install firefox-1.0.1.p_2.tgz, thank you very much for giving the solution :-) Fred fred <fred@no-spam.fr> writes: ...

Using Apache 2.0.40 in FreeBSD, I can't see the Sub-Directories !!!!
Hi all... As read above I am Using FreeBSD and Apache 2.0.40, but the matter with that is that I have some directories like this ..../htdocs ..../htdocs/templates ..../htdocs/templates_c ..../htdocs/templates_c/%%17 ..../htdocs/templates_c/%%17/%%%98788 ..../htdocs/templates_c/%%17/%%%32132 The first that are without % work perfect, but the others I can't see it int the browser... I have already set the correct attributes (White, Read and Execute)... And the code of PHP can find it ... in the include(../templates_c/%%17/index.tpl.php) What Do I Have to change ??...

Can't seem to compile ntp 4.2.0 on RedHat 6.1
First, I'll say that no, I can't move off RedHat 6.1 just yet. That migration is planned for the next few months. Until then, I'm stuck with it. I'd rather not deal with something like rdate, but it is imperative that I sync the time on these machines. When I try to compile 4.2.0, I get this: ntp_io.c: In function `io_multicast_add': ntp_io.c:814: `IPV6_JOIN_GROUP' undeclared (first use in this function) ntp_io.c:814: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once ntp_io.c:814: for each function it appears in.) ntp_io.c: In function `io_multicast_del': ntp_i...

[6.2 + Via VT3043 Rhine] Can't resolve ftp.freebsd.org?
Hello This is my first attempt at installing FreeBSD. I burned a minimal ISO to install FB over the Net. The embedded "Via VT3043/VT86C100A Rhine PC Ethernet card" got its IP configuration successfully from my DHCP server, but when I tell the installer to download files in "FTP Passive through Firewall" mode from ftp.freebsd.org, it says it can't resolve the name. I tried FTP servers in France, same error. I changed the DNS server from my ISP's to OpenDNS in the network settings in the installer, same result. I have a second PC in my private LAN, which has no problem accessing the Net at this very moment (I'm typing this message on this PC.) Does FreeBSD have problems working with this embedded Ethernet interface? Do I need to do something special to get to the next step? Thank you. On Tue, 1 Jan 2008 01:10:57 UTC, Gilles Ganault <nospam@nospam.com> wrote: > The embedded "Via VT3043/VT86C100A Rhine PC Ethernet card" got its IP > configuration successfully from my DHCP server, but when I tell the > installer to download files in "FTP Passive through Firewall" mode > from ftp.freebsd.org, it says it can't resolve the name. > Does FreeBSD have problems working with this embedded Ethernet > interface? Do I need to do something special to get to the next step? I'm using two machine on 6.2 with the Rhine hardware. No problem here, no special action. -- ...

ntp-dev-4.2.1p250-RC won't build on FreeBSD 6.0
ntp-dev-4.2.1p250-RC It seems ntpd_intres.c in this RC needs EAI_NODATA to be defined. It should be IFDEF'd like it is in ntpdc.c and ntpq.c. Bug #611 is filed. - John John Kline wrote: > ntp-dev-4.2.1p250-RC > > It seems ntpd_intres.c in this RC needs EAI_NODATA to be defined. It > should be IFDEF'd like it is in ntpdc.c and ntpq.c. > > Bug #611 is filed. > There was a bug report #438 on exactly the same issue but this is a situation where it just got reintroduced. #ifdef is probably the best solution here. I was just reading RFC 3493 which is informat...

Can't upgrade from 6.0 to 7.0
I've been trying to upgrade to or fresh install version 7.0 of the Acrobat Reader but can't get it to run. Version 6 is fine but if I try and do anything with version 7 it seems to do nothing (or perhaps it shuts down so quick nothing appears on screen?). I get no error messages or any events in the event logs. I've removed 7.0 and reinstalled 6.0 and all is well again. I'm at a complete loss as to how to proceed. Any ideas? Any chance that you just installed SP2 on Win XP? That may be the problem "CWatters" <colin.watters@pandoraBOX.be> wrote in message news...

Palm can't find com port to synch. I can't either.
Hi. I just got a palm IIIxe. It has a serial connection. When I try to synch, it can't find the computer, and it gave an error message about the com port being busy or not available. I opened the hotsynch on the laptop, and it only showed com 3 Com 1 seemed missing. Is there a way to see what com 1 is being used for? And are com ports numbered 1 and 3? Thanks Jim I wish you luck in getting this "ancient" palm device to work with XP's interpretation of Com ports. Yes there is com 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. You may want to search Microsoft's web site for inform...

Can't connect to X11 window server using ':0.0'
Hi All, I'm trying to run a standalone application on solaris machine ,encountered the following problem. How to go about it. Exception in thread "main" java.lang.InternalError: Can't connect to X11 window server using ':0.0' as the value of the DISPLAY variable. at sun.awt.X11GraphicsEnvironment.initDisplay(Native Method) at sun.awt.X11GraphicsEnvironment.<clinit>(X11GraphicsEnvironment.java:1 34) at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:141) at java.awt.GraphicsEnvironment.getLoca...

Alteon 180E + WebOS 9.0: can't redirect port 80 to port 81
Hello, I have a situation where I want to redirect traffic from port 80 on the vip to port 81 on the 2 reals that are part of the group associated with the vip. I thought this was a as simple as using rport under /c/slb/virt/service. The alteon insists on a filter, so I put one on port 1 that just does an action allow. The alteon doesn't complain about the config since I added the filter, but it doesn't redirect the traffic to port 81 - it just keeps sending vip:80 to reals:80. What's going on? Is there more to redirecting a port? Brian The filter you describe sh...

Can't connect to X11 window server using 'localhost:0.0'
Hi. I'm using sendmail 8.12.9 for a project on RedHat Fedora Core 2 on my personal computer with a perfectly finctioning X window server. Part of this project requires me to modify sendmail to open a gui application. When I attempted this originally, I got the following error: "No X11 DISPLAY variable was set, but this program performed an operation which requires it." Figuring that sendmail for whatever reason unset it, I added called setenv() to set it and got the following error: "Exception in thread "main" java.lang.InternalError: Can't connect to X11 wind...

Can't ssh to freebsd
....so I am returning to FreeBSD after an absence; seems I've forgotten how to do sys admin. When I attemp to ssh to my new box, it accepts my uid/pw and then says "Access denied" Your help in resolving this is greatly appreciated. Thanx, -Mike michael.goodrich@gmail.com wrote: > ...so I am returning to FreeBSD after an absence; seems I've forgotten > how to do sys admin. > When I attemp to ssh to my new box, it accepts my uid/pw and then says > "Access denied" > > Your help in resolving this is greatly appreciated. > > Thanx, > > -Mike if you ssh into your freebsd with root, make sure change the line "PermitRootLogin No" to "PermitRootLogin Yes" in the /etc/ssh/sshd_config file, then issue a commandline "/etc/rc.d/sshd restart". S sam <sam@boychip.net> wrote: > michael.goodrich@gmail.com wrote: >> ...so I am returning to FreeBSD after an absence; seems I've forgotten >> how to do sys admin. >> When I attemp to ssh to my new box, it accepts my uid/pw and then says >> "Access denied" >> >> Your help in resolving this is greatly appreciated. > > if you ssh into your freebsd with root, make sure change the line > "PermitRootLogin No" to "PermitRootLogin Yes" in the > /etc/ssh/sshd_config file, then issue a commandline "/etc/rc.d/sshd &...

Can't understand why this won't compile
The problem code: // line 0 template <class T, T* (T::*C)(void) const> class cc { }; // line 6 class e { public: virtual e *clone(void) const; cc<e,&clone> ee(void) const; }; This code causes problems with both Visual C++ 7 (2003) and g++ 2.96. With VC, I get the following error message: c:\Documents and Settings\CJ\My Documents\Projects\Project Grapher\Source Code\Expression.cpp(22): fatal error C1001: INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR (compiler file 'msc1.cpp', line 2701) Please choose the Technical Support...

I can't install FreeBSD
I am attempting to install FreeBSD 4.11 . I had previously had 4.8 on the same machine, but I upgraded one of my hard disks and did not transfer the unix partition. I replaced my 4.8 files with 4.11 and made new floppies. After the kernel configuration, it froze on ata0 .. (can't remember right now, but someone probably knows). I then made new floppies, making sure they formatted right in DOS; the same thing happened. I had 4.8 running previously, so I wouldn't think it was an incompatibility (which shouldn't happen anyhow). What is it? Andrew Usher Andrew Usher...

Web resources about - Can't compile Samba ports under FreeBSD 6.0 - comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc