Hi, I would like to know the fsdb commands for reading vxfs . How do i find out the inodes of the files in a directory . I can see the names of files when i dump the inode of the directory. Say t

Hi,
  I would like to know the fsdb commands for reading vxfs . How do i
find out the inodes of the files in a directory . I can see the names
of files when i dump the inode of the directory. Say the inode of
directory is 540 and it contains files called check1 and check2.

Then in fsdb if i do

>540i
>p150c

i can see the files check1 and check2. How do i find out the inode
numbers for check1 and check2. I can find it out from ls -i but what
if the directory is deleted. I have checked the man page but i am
unable to deduct.

So can someone please tell me in case of a directory temp_dir has a
inode X.

                   temp_dir (X)
                    /\
                   /  \
         (X1)temp1_dir  file1 (X2)
             /\
            /  \
   (X3) file2  file3 (X4)

How do i find X2 and X1 if i know X from fsdb ?

If i know X2 i can seek to the des the issue (say des is Z) and then
Zb and then p128c to read the file X2.So the question is how do i find
X2 and X1 if i know X from fsdb and what is the sequence or command ?
0
niklaus
7/9/2004 7:47:01 PM
comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc 13187 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

apache: I set alias to /tmp, I can see "directory name" only when browse webpage, but i can't found any files within the link
Thx a lot for all. In comp.os.linux.misc, on Thu 12 January 2006 22:17, athatisme4@gmail.com <athatisme4@gmail.com> wrote: > Thx a lot for all. You're welcome to it. -- Robert Keep the Yule Logs burning ! ...

files, directories, files, directories
Hi folks, I've been trying to make a decision and it's driving me crazy. Is a directory a file or is a directory NOT a file but a node? Should I have A) public interface IFile { IFileName FileName; IContent GetContent(); } public interface IDirectory extends IFile { } or B) public interface INode { INodeName NodeName; } public interface IFile extends INode { IContent GetContent(); } public interface IDirectory extends INode { } Method A is nice cause IFile becomes the base "Node" type and you can use names like "IFileName" which sound...

Question about reading file names from directory and processing those files
Hi All, I would like to read names of files with certain format, say all .txt files. Then I would like to read the data from the file one by one in a for loop and process the data from the file in every loop. I do have a program with which I can read the files if the names appear with incrementing index (using textread and num2str command). I would like to read any file with certain data format. Anybody has any suggestion? Thanks in advance. Vipul Vipul Patel wrote: > Hi All, > > I would like to read names of files with certain format, say all .txt > files. Then I would like t...

fsdb vxfs read directory inode
Hi, I would like to know the fsdb commands for reading vxfs . How do i find out the inodes of the files in a directory . I can see the names of files when i dump the inode of the directory. Say the inode of directory is 540 and it contains files called check1 and check2. Then in fsdb if i do >540i >p150c i can see the files check1 and check2. How do i find out the inode numbers for check1 and check2. I can find it out from ls -i but what if the directory is deleted. I have checked the man page but i am unable to deduct. So can someone please tell me in case of a directory temp_dir ...

[...]

Copying files from sub folders under source directories into sub folders with same names as source directory sub folders in destination directories without overwriting already existing files of same n
Hi, Consider /src/alias/a.c /src/alias/b.c /src/xml/p.xml /src/xml/c.xml /src/h.c as source directory=20 and=20 /dest/alias /dest/xml /dest as destination directory. These are given in a csv file like /src/alias/a.c, /dest/alias /src/alias/b.c, /dest/alias /src/xml/p.xml, /dest/xml /src/xml/c.xml, /dest/xml /src/h.c, /dest Python code should read csv file. Copy files from source to destination(fil= es in /src/alias should be copied to /dest/alias and not to /dest/xml i.e.,= directory names should be the same). If /dest contains same files as /src,= then they code shoul...

Error: can't create directory "Directory": file already exists
Hello, I am getting the above error when running a script that interfaces with a soft I use (Lens, the light and efficient neural net simulator). I must admit that I am not much of a Tcl programmer (yet?) I went through the tutorial on the Lens website, google around, read in the Tcl wiki, and managed a ~100 line script, but I never sat down with a book to really learn it. As far as I understood the documentation, file mkdir shouldn't complain in newer versions if a directory already exists. However, since I couldn't get rid of the error, I added if { ! [ file exists Directory ] } { ...

Finding directory file of current directory
Ok, I know how to use F$ENVIRONMENT and F$PARSE to get the current directory specification of where a command procedure lives. I know I can use SET DIR dev:[dir.dir.dir]/OWNER=new_owner But SET DIR doesn't support /PROT and SET SECURITY doesn't seem to support directory specifications. Is there a magic incantation that would allow me to set the protection on the directory file of the current working directory (eg: the .DIR file one level above) ? Breaking the directory specification apart to build a file name seems more involved, especially if you need to support both: CAKE:[choc...

dvips can't find my eps files in another directory
Hi, I tried to typeset a document recently, and LaTeX, or probably more accurately, dvips was not able to find my eps files which I kept in a different folder. It used to work just fine about a week ago, but a couple of days ago I started running into this problem. For the time being, I have just moved copies of the eps files into the folder that contains my *.tex document, but I would like to go back to the system where I keep the eps files in a different folder. I'll attach part of the message that appears on the log. BTW, I'm using Texshop on an iMac (2 GHz Intel Core Duo). In...

Can't disable READ-ONLY from file directory (XP SP2)

Cygwin/Unix command
Hi all, I'm quite new to Unix and am actually only using Cygwin on XP to get the hang of things first, while also using it to practice compiling C programs. Now, I need a list of a directory's contents (containing a mix of .jpg and .txt files, not that this would make a difference I assume!) and am trying to figure out how to do it. :( All I've discovered is "ls" (this is fine and shows everything), and "print" which actually doesn't do too much for me except sit there spooling in my system tray (I tried "print theFiles" and "print theFile...

Script can't find input file despite being in the same directory
I have a simple little script that reads in postscript code, appends it, then writes it to a new postscript file. Everything worked fine a month ago, but after rearranging my directory tree a bit my script fails to find the base postscript file. The line in question is: for line in fileinput.input(['base.ps']): output.write(line) I'm kind of at a loss as the script is executing in the same directory as base.ps, yet it can't find it. I'm relatively new to python scripting, so i'm expecting it's just something i haven't learned about python that is caus...

error says can't see include file, yet executes some code on include file
Hi guys, I need some urgent help here please: I am using an include_once() command to include a file that sits a level above the file view.php. when the code is run, I have an error as follows: Warning: include_once(../common.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Program Files\.. \view.php on line 2 Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening '../ common.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\Program Files\xampp\php \pear\') in C:\Program Files\...\view.php on line 2 The include command is simply: include_once(../...

Reading input from files and directories in the command line arguments (like grep -R).
A fairly normal thing to do in Perl is to read input from the files named in the command arguments and process line by line. while (<>) { process($_) ; } But I want to recurse down directories the way grep -R works. So far I've come up with this: while (@ARGV>0) { $filename = shift(@ARGV); print ($filename); if ( -d $filename ) { @list = `ls $filename` ; @list1 = map {chomp; $_ = $filename . "/" . $_ } @list ; unshift(@ARGV, @list1) ; } elsif ( -e $filename ) { open(INPUTFILE, $filename) ; while...

insmod: can't read '-o': No such file or directory.
Hi I'm trying to run file dscud5.rtl (drivers for Diamond Systems Athena Board) which loads a module into the kernel on a system running RTLinuxPro. I get the error: insmod: can't read '-o': No such file or directory. Does anyone know what might be causing this error and/or how to go about fixing it? Regards -James james.brodie@gmail.com wrote: > I'm trying to run file dscud5.rtl (drivers for Diamond Systems Athena > Board) which loads a module into the kernel on a system running > RTLinuxPro. > > I get the error: insmod: can't read '-o': N...

Can't locate @INC & not finding files in local directory
Hello - I've got several Perl scripts that use custom perl modules which are called from routines that are in the same directory as the scripts. For example dir.pl in folder dir references dir_utilities.pl. I call them with a require at the top of the routine, e.g. require 'dir_utilities.pl'; This worked fine for a number of years and this morning, all my scripts are erroring with this type of message: Can't locate dir_utilities.pl in @INC (@INC contains: sys:\perl\lib .) at dir.pl line 16. Our web administrator says they haven't made changes to our Perl install or t...

gcc can't find 2 particular header files in source directory
gcc can't see 2 particular header files in the source directory. One of the files it can't find is an #include file in the other file it can't find. Other header files in source directory it does find. What can I do ??? In article <mh1apn$ip3$1@dont-email.me>, bilsch <king621@comcast.net> wrote: >gcc can't see 2 particular header files in the source directory. One of >the files it can't find is an #include file in the other file it can't >find. Other header files in source directory it does find. What can I >do ??? Show code....

zf.sh script can't find the file zf.php in the same directory?
I put the zend framework files in /usr/bin/mypear/zend. I put the zf.sh file in that directory also, as well as the zf.php. How come when I run the zf.sh script it can't find the zf.php file in the same directory? When I run this script i get this error:/usr/bin/mypear/ zend/zf.sh: line 44: php: command not found I have this path in my php.ini include_path /usr/bin/mypear/zend. It seems like it should find it. I think this error means it can't run the php script so it is not configured with php but the include path is in php.ini tia, # find php: pear first, command -v second, s...

logical puzzle: how to generate reasonable archive file names from file and directory names
I'm writing a module to convert between filesystem nodes (directory,file) and various archives (gz, zip, tgz). For this I want to automatically create reasonable file names for the archives where these file names depend from the type of the file system node to be archived and from the type of the archive to be created. I want the following transformations to take place: Dir abc =(gz)=> *not allowed* =(zip,tgz)=> abz.zip,abc.tgz abc.XY =(gz)=> *not allowed* =(zip,tgz)=> abc.XY.zip,abc.XY.tgz File abc =(gz)=> abc.gz...

rename all the file names in a directory so that the first character of each file name is lower case
How to rename all the file names in a directory so that the first character of each file name is lower case in the bash shell? e.g. old file names are: Certificates General Util.dsp new file names become: certificates general util.dsp On 2008-09-07, TsanChung wrote: > How to rename all the file names in a directory so that the first > character of each file name is lower case in the bash shell? > e.g. > old file names are: > Certificates > General > Util.dsp > > new file names become: > certificates > general > util.dsp _lwr() { _LWR= case $1 in ...

how can I use "find" command to locate new created file in a certain directory??
I need to create a script to collect all new created files in a directory, "find" command in Solaris 9 only has option for mtime, atime, ctime... Help please. In article <1185895309.380747.289530@r34g2000hsd.googlegroups.com>, move1000 <move1000@gmail.com> wrote: > I need to create a script to collect all new created files in a > directory, "find" command in Solaris 9 only has option for mtime, > atime, ctime... > > Help please. Since the UNIX filesystem doesn't track "create time", you're left with a big problem. Either...

cannot delete file
cannot delete file - http://LongPathTool.com can fix it Do you have error messages?, like : Path too long. Error cannot delete file: cannot read from source file or disk Cannot delete file: Access is denied There has been a sharing violation. Cannot delete file or folder The file name you specified is not valid or too long. Specify a different file name. The source or destination file may be in use. The file is in use by another program or user. Error Deleting File or Folder Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use. Error Copy...

cannot delete file
cannot delete file - http://LongPathTool.com can fix it Do you have error messages?, like : Path too long. Error cannot delete file: cannot read from source file or disk Cannot delete file: Access is denied There has been a sharing violation. Cannot delete file or folder The file name you specified is not valid or too long. Specify a different file name. The source or destination file may be in use. The file is in use by another program or user. Error Deleting File or Folder Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use. Error Copy...

Web resources about - Hi, I would like to know the fsdb commands for reading vxfs . How do i find out the inodes of the files in a directory . I can see the names of files when i dump the inode of the directory. Say t - comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc

Wikipedia:Quick directory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This page is a handy directory to various locations of interest in Wikipedia. Only dynamic pages should be listed here, no policy pages etc. ...

Wikipedia:WikiProject Council/Directory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Business Directory Listings: Eight Smart Tips for You to Get Started
If you are considering a business directory listing for your small business, congratulations – you are on the right track. Local SEO, local customers, ...

Atlas Partner Directory Launched
... just for Facebook and Instagram –advertising platform Atlas has one, as well. On that note, Atlas Tuesday introduced the Atlas Partner Directory ...

Slack announces App Directory store
... create more apps for the store, and a new framework called Botkit which should simplify the process of creating apps. The Slack App Directory, ...

The British Library’s ‘Save Our Sounds’ Program Creates Directory of UK Sound Collections
The long-feared deterioration of the world's sound collections is a coming to a head with the British Library's last-ditch initiative called ...

First look: Microsoft Azure Active Directory Domain Services puts it all in the cloud
On Oct. 14, Microsoft announced the preview release of Azure Active Directory Domain Services or, as I like to call it, a domain in a cloud. ...

Security Recruiter Directory
To find the right security job or hire the right candidate, you first need to find the right recruiter. CSO's security recruiter directory is ...

Slack's App Directory proves it's more than just a chatroom
... are about to get a little easier to find and integrate within your team and over 160 of them live within the company's new Slack App Directory. ...

Slack's New Directory And Venture Fund Aim To Make The Service Even More Indispensable
The workgroup wunderkind is helping users find useful tools within the service—and giving startups money to create new ones. Two key facts about ...