mount point has gone, device is mounted, can't umount device

Hi All,

How stuffed am I?

su-2.04# df -m
Filesystem  1M-blocks  Used Avail Capacity  Mounted on
/dev/da0s1a        38    31     3    89%    /
/dev/da0s1f      7991  2980  4370    41%    /usr
/dev/da0s1e       193   151    26    85%    /var
/dev/da1s1g      9093  5483  2882    66%    /usr/local
/dev/da1s1e      2015     0  1854     0%    /tmp
/dev/da1s1f      4032   265  3444     7%    /usr/www
/dev/da2s1e     32509 17319 12589    58%    /usr/MS
procfs              0     0     0   100%    /proc
/dev/da4s1e      1007    39   887     4%    /mnt/rt

su-2.04# cd /mnt/rt
su: cd: /mnt/rt: Invalid argument

Get same if I do mkdir /mnt/rt

So How do I umount /dev/da4s1e?

I cannot just reboot as I am not sure that da0 is still my boot drive,
boot0cfg -v da0
boot0cfg: /dev/da0: unknown or incompatible boot code

--
Mark Worsdall
https://www.paypal.com/refer/pal=LS79YHQ9VUGLJ

On 2005-07-30, Mark Worsdall <freebsd@NoSpAmPlEaSe-wizdom.org.uk> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> How stuffed am I?
>
> su-2.04# df -m
> Filesystem  1M-blocks  Used Avail Capacity  Mounted on
> /dev/da0s1a        38    31     3    89%    /
> /dev/da0s1f      7991  2980  4370    41%    /usr
> /dev/da0s1e       193   151    26    85%    /var
> /dev/da1s1g      9093  5483  2882    66%    /usr/local
> /dev/da1s1e      2015     0  1854     0%    /tmp
> /dev/da1s1f      4032   265  3444     7%    /usr/www
> /dev/da2s1e     32509 17319 12589    58%    /usr/MS
> procfs              0     0     0   100%    /proc
> /dev/da4s1e      1007    39   887     4%    /mnt/rt
>
> su-2.04# cd /mnt/rt
> su: cd: /mnt/rt: Invalid argument
>
> Get same if I do mkdir /mnt/rt
>
> So How do I umount /dev/da4s1e?

Read the umount manpage:

     The umount utility calls the unmount(2) system call to remove a file sys-
     tem from the file system tree.  The file system can be specified by its
     special device or remote node (rhost:path), the path to the mount point
     node or by the file system ID fsid as reported by ``mount -v''.

Kris
0
Kris
7/30/2005 4:56:37 PM
In message <slrndenca5.1net.kkenn@xor.obsecurity.org>, Kris Kennaway
<kkenn@xor.obsecurity.org> writes
>On 2005-07-30, Mark Worsdall <freebsd@NoSpAmPlEaSe-wizdom.org.uk> wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> How stuffed am I?
>>
>> su-2.04# df -m
>> Filesystem  1M-blocks  Used Avail Capacity  Mounted on
>> /dev/da0s1a        38    31     3    89%    /
>> /dev/da0s1f      7991  2980  4370    41%    /usr
>> /dev/da0s1e       193   151    26    85%    /var
>> /dev/da1s1g      9093  5483  2882    66%    /usr/local
>> /dev/da1s1e      2015     0  1854     0%    /tmp
>> /dev/da1s1f      4032   265  3444     7%    /usr/www
>> /dev/da2s1e     32509 17319 12589    58%    /usr/MS
>> procfs              0     0     0   100%    /proc
>> /dev/da4s1e      1007    39   887     4%    /mnt/rt
>>
>> su-2.04# cd /mnt/rt
>> su: cd: /mnt/rt: Invalid argument
>>
>> Get same if I do mkdir /mnt/rt
>>
>> So How do I umount /dev/da4s1e?
>
>Read the umount manpage:
>
>     The umount utility calls the unmount(2) system call to remove a file sys-
>     tem from the file system tree.  The file system can be specified by its
>     special device or remote node (rhost:path), the path to the mount point
>     node or by the file system ID fsid as reported by ``mount -v''.

Sorry should have included the following:

/mnt/rt is not there, does not exist:

su-2.04# ls -l /mnt
ls: rt: Invalid argument
total 7
drwxr-xr-x  2 root  wheel  512 Feb 28 13:54 DVDrom
drwxr-xr-x  2 root  wheel  512 Apr  4  2000 MSdos
drwxr-xr-x  2 root  wheel  512 Jun 20 12:05 anyankaMusic
drwxr-xr-x  2 root  wheel  512 Feb 25 11:40 idePslave
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel   68 Jun 20 10:30 music.mnt
drwxr-xr-x  2 root  wheel  512 Jun 17 14:00 musicRO
drwxr-xr-x  2 root  wheel  512 Dec 10  2004 ntfsUSB

So the umnount command doesn't work:

su-2.04# umount /mnt/rt
umount: unmount of /mnt/rt failed: Invalid argument

So if umount even with -f doesn't work, because /mnt/rt directory is not
there to dismount, how does one umount it?

su-2.04# mount -v
/dev/da0s1a on / (ufs, local, writes: sync 519 async 1093, reads: sync
440 async 17)

/dev/da0s1f on /usr (ufs, local, writes: sync 14 async 245, reads: sync
850 async 120)

/dev/da0s1e on /var (ufs, local, writes: sync 541 async 1931, reads:
sync 74 async 2)

/dev/da1s1g on /usr/local (ufs, local, soft-updates, writes: sync 2
async 42, reads: sync 618 async 151)

/dev/da1s1e on /tmp (ufs, local, soft-updates, writes: sync 2 async 163,
reads: sync 21 async 0)

/dev/da1s1f on /usr/www (ufs, local, soft-updates, writes: sync 2 async
13, reads: sync 8 async 0)

/dev/da2s1e on /usr/MS (ufs, local, soft-updates, writes: sync 2 async
0, reads: sync 1 async 0)

procfs on /proc (procfs, local)

/dev/da4s1e on /mnt/rt (ufs, local, soft-updates, writes: sync 2 async
0, reads: sync 15 async 0)

might try and fsck

--
Mark Worsdall
https://www.paypal.com/refer/pal=LS79YHQ9VUGLJ
0
Mark
7/30/2005 9:02:06 PM
Mark Worsdall <freebsd@nospamplease-wizdom.org.uk> wrote:
> In message <slrndenca5.1net.kkenn@xor.obsecurity.org>, Kris Kennaway
> >     The umount utility calls the unmount(2) system call to remove a file sys-
> >     tem from the file system tree.  The file system can be specified by its
> >     special device or remote node (rhost:path), the path to the mount point
> >     node or by the file system ID fsid as reported by ``mount -v''.
> >
> Sorry should have included the following:
>
> /mnt/rt is not there, does not exist:

Did you actually read what Kris wrote?

--
Nils M Holm <nmh@despammed.com> -- http://www.t3x.org/nmh/
0
On 2005-07-30, Mark Worsdall <freebsd@NoSpAmPlEaSe-wizdom.org.uk> wrote:

>>> So How do I umount /dev/da4s1e?
>>
>>Read the umount manpage:
>>
>>     The umount utility calls the unmount(2) system call to remove a file sys-
>>     tem from the file system tree.  The file system can be specified by its
>>     special device or remote node (rhost:path), the path to the mount point
>>     node or by the file system ID fsid as reported by ``mount -v''.
>>
> Sorry should have included the following:
>
> /mnt/rt is not there, does not exist:

So use one of the other two methods listed in the text above.

Kris
0
Kris
7/31/2005 8:18:02 AM
In message <slrndep29q.1net.kkenn@xor.obsecurity.org>, Kris Kennaway
<kkenn@xor.obsecurity.org> writes

>>>Read the umount manpage:
>>>
>>>     The umount utility calls the unmount(2) system call to remove a
>>>file sys-
>>>     tem from the file system tree.  The file system can be specified by its
>>>     special device or remote node (rhost:path), the path to the mount point
>>>     node or by the file system ID fsid as reported by ``mount -v''.
>>>
>> Sorry should have included the following:
>>
>> /mnt/rt is not there, does not exist:
>
>So use one of the other two methods listed in the text above.
Sorry, Read above, have not got a clue what to do:

Excuse me for reading the above and not having the ability to understand
what it means.

/dev/da4s1e on /mnt/rt (ufs, local, soft-updates, writes: sync 2 async
0, reads: sync 17 async 0)

I see no fsid after doing a mount -v

I see no reference to the rhost:path thing.

So guess I need more help, is anyone out there able to help?

--
Mark Worsdall
0
     freebsd@NoSpAmPlEaSe-wizdom.org.uk "Mark Worsdall" wrote:

> In message <slrndep29q.1net.kkenn@xor.obsecurity.org>, Kris Kennaway
> <kkenn@xor.obsecurity.org> writes

Have you tried 'umount -f /dev/da4s1e'?

If that fails, what's the error?

I'd guess 'in use', in which case a look at output of 'ps ax' might help.

David

--
The Reply-To: is valid for at least 30 days after posting date
David Lord  - david@lordynet.demon.co.uk
>On Sunday, in article
>     <mb8czCrNuN7CFw+Y@worsdall.demon.co.uk>
>     freebsd@NoSpAmPlEaSe-wizdom.org.uk "Mark Worsdall" wrote:
>
>> In message <slrndep29q.1net.kkenn@xor.obsecurity.org>, Kris Kennaway
>> <kkenn@xor.obsecurity.org> writes

>Have you tried 'umount -f /dev/da4s1e'?

yes

>If that fails, what's the error?
>
>I'd guess 'in use', in which case a look at output of 'ps ax' might help.

it states 'Invalid argument'

Any way thanks for suggestions, had to physically visit the box today so
rebooted and this mnt/ then got disconnected, though during halt it said
it failed to unmount /mnt/rt

So we can't find out anymore on this.

--
Mark Worsdall
https://www.paypal.com/refer/pal=LS79YHQ9VUGLJ
0
Mark
7/31/2005 7:00:54 PM
On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 17:26:45 +0100, Mark Worsdall wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> How stuffed am I?

[snip]

Just out of interest, how did you get into that situation?

0
Adam
7/31/2005 9:09:00 PM
In message <pan.2005.07.31.21.09.49.297758@moosoft.net>, Adam McMaster
<adam@moosoft.net> writes
>On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 17:26:45 +0100, Mark Worsdall wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> How stuffed am I?
>>
>[snip]
>
>Just out of interest, how did you get into that situation?

I made an assumption. Very bad I know.

The assumption was that I would not need to unmount /mnt/rt before using
the PC style disk thing & disklabel in /stand/sysinstall, since I
figured well if I am going to reformat and create the partitions, that
sysinstall programs would unmount this partition for me. I did hesitate
thinking momentarily that this is a bad idea, but then again its
FreeBSD, they know what they are doing and certainly would expect
ordinary folks to make that mistake.

Anyway, then I Deleted the BSD slice, then with labeler create all the
partitions. When it went to write the stuff out, it failed as usual to
create the SWAP stating invalid argument, I always ignore this because
in the past it carry's on creating all the other FS partitions fine.
Only this time it failed to create any of the partitions.

When I exited from sysinstall I found /mnt/rt was the only one mounted,
fair enough since it failed to create any.

But when I ls -l in /mnt I found that all the mounts were there apart
from /mnt/rt

All the mounts were there before I went into sysinstall.

Can't remember if I was in /mnt/rt when starting all this.

M.
--
Mark Worsdall
https://www.paypal.com/refer/pal=LS79YHQ9VUGLJ
0
Mark

NFS mounting issue. (can mount other servers, but can't mount one of them)
as title. First, that nfs server is fine, other client can mount, and only one client (A) can't. If I try to go into the mount point, it just stuck there and there is no output, even an error. So I have to do ctrl+c to stop it, and I got "bad directory" messages. Here is whole picture. Client A --- Can't mount NFS server B, but A can mount other servers like, C, D. NFS server B can be mounted by other client, like E, F.... I have checked everything, but couldn't find out. It was fine in the morning, and in the afternoon, it happend. And it acutally happened ...

SCO Unix error: "No room on device hd(41)"; won't mount
Hi All: I'm new here and I have a drastic problem: Our mail server is running SCO Unix Open Server v5.0.4, and has gotten filled up to total capacity. We were able to get the machine running, but loading would error our with "No room on device hd(41)". We tried FSCK, we booted from the recovery floppies using the floppy root files sytem, and we are only able to mount /dev/hd0root as Read Only. Great. We can LOOK at what the problem is, but we can't 'allieviate the pressure'... We have tried -m (not available), -o nolog,nochkpt but are unable to get the files syst...

Samba clients can't see partitions mounted via loop device from image files
Is there something special about filesystems mounted via the loop device, which prevents Samba from sharing them? I have a small LAN with several PCs on it. It has a few Windows machines, and a Linux machine running Mandrake 10 (kernel 2.6.3), which shares out its root ("/") read-only as "c". (Temporarily, for testing, it is shared with full write permissions, which I know is terrible.) On the Mandrake (er, Mandriva) Linux box, I have image files from a few small hard disk drives. While logged on as root, I've mounted partitions on two of those image files, via the...

Automatically mounting USB storage devices under their correct mount points
I have two USB sticks and two USB hard drives connected to a PC. The USB sticks have been formatted as ext2, whereas the drives have been formatted as jfs. My question is, how can things be configured so that each of those drives gets mounted under its correct mount point at boot time? If I understand it correctly, the actual SCSI device associated to each piece of hardware will be selected at boot time, but I do not understand how that is done, or whether one has any control over it. For example, USB stick #1 might be associated with /dev/sda in one occasion, but with /dev/sdb on a...

USB devices (thru' USB/Firewire card) won't mount in OS9.2.2
Anyone got any ideas/solutions? My beige G3 tower has a USB/Firewire PCI card fitted, but although the card shows up in Profiler, any USB devices attached don't show up on the desktop. Not the worst situation except that I have bought a new Edirol USB audio/MIDI interface and want to use it, but I can't. In desperation I have zeroed all data on the main hard drive and a secondary (attached on a PCI card and done a clean re-install of the system (OS9.2.2), but still nothing. The only difference to the G� being pure is that the G3 uses a Sonnet G4 1Ghz upgrade chip, tho' I can't ...

NFS mount won't mount at boot, but mount -a works fine.
I'm trying to get an NFS share to mount at boot time, but it won't. However, mount -a works just fine. I've tried playing with the retry= option with no luck. nsswitch.conf is hosts: files dns, and I have an entry for the host in /etc/hosts. The client machine is SUSE 8 (2.4 kernel), the server is SUSE 9 (2.6 kernel). My fstab entry looks like this: storage01:/array/ /home/array nfs rw,auto,sync Does anyone have any ideas on this? Thanks, Brian On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 18:03:55 +0000, BT wrote: > I'm trying to get an NFS share to mount at boot time, but it won&#...

Mac suddenly won't mount USB devices
Dual 1Gig G4 desktop Mac with 10.4.11. I have a LAN with other Macs, an HP file server, and an EEE PC, all of which my Mac can connect to. I have a Nuvi GPS and a Giga Vu Pro Evolution, both of which are USB 2.0 devices. I have installed a USB 2.0 card, which both USB devices mounted from in the past. Today, neither USB device will mount on the Mac either from the installed card or the standard USB 1.x connector on the Mac. I can get the Giga Vu Pro Evolution to mount on my EEE and connect to it from the Mac through the LAN when I mount the EEE on my Mac. But no USB device mounts. Flash dri...

Can't mount CD's or DVD's
The system: Dual Core Athlon 4Gig Mem. OS Opensuse 10.0 Kernel 2.6.13-15.12-smp x86_64 I've got 2 DVD drives. A cheap IDE DVD burner that lists as "DC DQ60" under the hardware listing and an old Creative SCSI DVD-RAM RAM1220S. They both were previously working fine 2 or 3 weeks ago. Now neither one will mount any media I place in either one. I tried several CD's and DVD's that all mount fine in both a Suse 10.1 system and a RedHat EL 4.0 system. They contain various OS installs. Both drives are recognized and are listed in the YaST hardware listing. Both drives open wh...

USB 2.0 device won't mount on x86
Hi All, I am running Solaris 9 4/03 on a Toshiba TE2100 laptop. I can successfully mount and use my Apacer 256MB USB 1.1 flash ram device on my laptop, but I cannot mount my Apacer 64MB USB 2.0 flash ram device. The syntax that I am using is: mount -F pcfs /dev/dsk/c2t0d0p0:1 /mnt The error message that I receive is: mount: /dev/dsk/c2t0d0p0:1 is not a DOS filesystem. I am aware of the fact that the ":1" in the special device denotes the DOS partition table to use. I have also tried ":2", ":3", ":4" and ":c". I am fairly sure that it H...

D845PEBT2 MB and USB2.0 devices ? Can't get 2 USB2.0 devices to work at once.
I have my case (Kingwin) front usb port connected to the onboard usb connectors. I cannot connect 2 usb2.0 devices at the same time. The second one will not be recognized by XP also it doesn't appear to get power (eg, no led lit on card reader). If I connect a 1.0 usb and 2.0 usb device, both work fine. Should 2 usb 2.0 devices be able to run at the same time? I had seen this when I had a HP 300e dvd burner and ADS hard drive kit both connected to the PC and thought it was some conflict. But now I just got a 2.0 Sandisk card reader and it also won't work if the HP burner is plugged ...

can't mount xp file system on freebsd 4.7
mount_ntfs /dev/ad1s1 /ntfs mount_ntfs: /dev/ad1s1: Device not configured I've recompiled my kernel with NTFS option set, but still no luck. has anyone else had any success with this? In article <3F21B9FE.4090007@cox.net>, Aaron Prillaman wrote: > mount_ntfs /dev/ad1s1 /ntfs > mount_ntfs: /dev/ad1s1: Device not configured > > I've recompiled my kernel with NTFS option set, but still no luck. has > anyone else had any success with this? Does the /dev/ad1s1 device not exist? Kris In article <3F23073A.5020700@cox.net>, Aaron Prillama...

why doesn't mount mount?
comp.os.minix why doesn't mount mount? The command: mount /dev/hd6 /aux returns the error message: mount: No such file or directory. Anyone know what the error message implies? Is mount saying /dev/hd6 can't be found? Fsck shows the listing below for /dev/hd6, which seems right just after formatting by mkfs. Hul ************************************************** inode permission link size name 1 drwxrwxrwx 2 32 / Checking zone map Checking inode map Checking inode list blocksize = 1024 zonesize = 1024 0 Regular f...

can't make DVD/CD device open to 'wheel' permanently
I'm having lots of 'fun' trying to get MPlayer to work (generally) and with playing DVDs. I am using a T22 Thinkpad I installed FreeBSD 6 on, and generally, I've been able to muddle through getting all the various devices to work (sound, graphics, etc.) but have been stymied by the DVD/CD aspect, namely: 1) during install, it created acd0 (cd rom) and ad0 (dvd) devices. When i'm using my regular user account, though, i keep getting permissions issues with using them. If I go to a command prompt or use Konqueror as root, I can assign these devices to the user group my regular user is in, BUT, when I reboot, it keeps resetting them back to 'operator' - this is driving me NUTS - why can't it respect a change I made as root and KEEP the change? 2) I can get MPlayer to work but it keeps giving me errors for accessing DVDs (namely 'can't open VMG info!', etc. - nor does sound work. I have tried uninstalling/changing versions several times/recompiling, etc. but nothing seems to get to success. I had a similar problem when using redhat 7 on an earlier Thinkpad but when I upgraded to RH9, that problem went away... thoughts? amigaboy amigaboy wrote: > regular user is in, BUT, when I reboot, it keeps resetting them back to > 'operator' - this is driving me NUTS - why can't it respect a change I > made as root and KEEP the change? because the change was made on a filesystem populate...

links don't work on smb-mounted Devices OSX 10.3.9
Hi, on OSX 10.3.9 "Links" (hard/soft) don't work on smb-mounted devices. :-( Why can't use Apple the normal smb-client, that is part of the Samba-Suite? On Linux-systems smb-mounted devices support Links. How long do we have to wait, until the System-Programmers at Apple recognize, that it is a UNIX-System =;-( Does anyone has a Replacement to mount a Samba-Server ? (AFP is NOT an Option) Thanks, Joachim -- nospam_gothe03@dm.fh-hannover.de Joachim Gothe wrote: > on OSX 10.3.9 "Links" (hard/soft) don't work on smb-mounted devices. > :-( > > W...

Can't get FreeBSD 6.0 to recognize my AC-97 audio device
Hi, I installed FreeBSD 6.0 to my Dell OptiPlex GX150 and everything worked like charm until I tried to get the audio device to work. To my great supprise the integrated AC-97 audio device was not recognized by my newly compiled kernel. I also tried to put all kinds of hints into loader.conf file without success. Is there anything I could still do about this? Jyri Jyri wrote: > Hi, > I installed FreeBSD 6.0 to my Dell OptiPlex GX150 and everything Is that 6.0-RELEASE or 6.0-STABLE? There are lots of fixes to the sound system from -release to -stable. > worked like charm until I tried to get the audio device to work. To > my great supprise the integrated AC-97 audio device was not recognized > by my newly compiled kernel. I also tried to put all kinds of hints into > loader.conf file without success. Is there anything I could still do > about this? If you are running 6.0-stable, you should describe the details of your hardware, system and problems on the freebsd-multimedia mailing list, That's where the audio experts hang out. HTH -- Torfinn Ingolfsen, Norway Jyri wrote: > Hi, > I installed FreeBSD 6.0 to my Dell OptiPlex GX150 and everything > worked like charm until I tried to get the audio device to work. To > my great supprise the integrated AC-97 audio device was not recognized > by my newly compiled kernel. I also tried to put all kinds of hints into > loader.conf file wi...

ipod: I can mount but I can't sync
Hi, I can use my 4g Ipod with my home computer running Suse 9.1 Now I have to use it on a different pc (notebook asus) running suse 9.1 Here's my problem: I can mount it but I can't sync using gtkpod. When I try to sync I get this error message: -------------------------------------------------------- Error renaming '/media/ipod/iPod_Control/iTunes/Play Counts' to '/media/ipod/iPod_Control/iTunes/Play Counts.bak' (No such file or directory). Hashed file is 0 bytes long Aborted writing of extended info. --------------------------------------------------------- I also h...

Memorex USB Flash Drive Won't Mount -- "/dev/sda1 is not a valid block device"
I'm having no success mounting my Memorex USB 2.0 flash drive on my Toshiba 1905-S277 running Redhat 9.0. I've tried nearly all of what I read in the posts. I've added the line /dev/sda1 /mnt/thumbdrive vfat user,noauto,umask=0 0 0 to /etc/fstab, and created the /mnt/thumbdrive directory. When I try mounting it, I get the message "/dev/sda1 is not a valid block device." I believe that the necessary modules are installed. The output from lsmod is as follows: /sbin/lsmod Module Size Used by Not tainted sd_mod 13516 0 (autoclea...

mount hangs while mounting USB storage device
Hello NG, i'm using SuSe 8.1. When I try to mount my iPod on the mount command hangs. Even if I try "kill -9" it doesnt stop. The only way (from my point of view) is to reboot linux. Has anybody a idea how to: - mount the iPod as a filesystem? - kill the hanging mount command? Regards, Patrick On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 12:11:00 +0200, Patrick Krauer staggered into the Black Sun and said: > i'm using SuSe 8.1. When I try to mount my iPod on the mount command > hangs. Even if I try "kill -9" it doesnt stop. The only way (from my > point of view) is to reboo...

why doesn't mount mount? #2
comp.os.minix why doesn't mount mount? The command was changed to: mount /dev/hd6 / and the returned error message changed also: mount: /dev/hd6 is not a valid file system. Mount sure is picky... Any ideas, from the fsck listing below, what causes the invalid file system error? Or what might result in such error messages generally? Giovanni - thanks for noticing the wrong name. Any more suggestions from here? Hul ************************************************** inode permission link size name 1 drwxrwxrwx 2 32 / Checking zone map Checki...

mount on the same mount point
Hello, I'm trying to mount 2 md devices (/dev/md4 and /dev/md5) on the same mount point. I have just read that it is possible. Note : MD devices are JFS. But, altough I get no error, I do not get what I expected : the second mount command makes the first mount invisible. So, my 2 questions are : 1) is it possible to mount 2 MD devices on the same mount point? 2) If yes, how? Thanks climb65 wrote: > Hello, > > I'm trying to mount 2 md devices (/dev/md4 and /dev/md5) on the same > mount point. I have just read that it is possible. > > Note : MD devices are ...

what is mounted at a mount point?
Is there any way to determine what the kernel's idea of what is mounted at a mount point is? Specifically, I'd like to find out which directory was mounted using the bind mount option. This information is not in /proc/mounts. Is it even kept at all? I suspect operationally, it only has the directory inode to work from for the mount point? That even makes me wonder what happens if a bind mounted directory gets moved around from the perspective of a mount that has it as a subdirectory. Maybe time for some sacrifical experiments. -- |-------------------------------------...

why can't derived class pointer can't point to base class object
Dear All, According to OOPs , a base class pointer can to point to derived class object....call this as fact1 But somehow I am not comfortable while understanding this concept. The explanaition to the fact1 is given as since the derived object always consists of the base part , the base class pointer will always point to the base part in the derived object unless otherwise the function in the base class are declared as virtual and are overrided in the derived class. My confusion is, since the derived class always consists of the base class part in it,it should be more logical to think that the...

Can't Mount
Trying to mount filesystem and I get the error nfsmnthelp: 1831-019 remote_node: System call error number -1 I've checked and insured that my 'nfs' daemons are running. ucstyle@hotmail.com (Ken) wrote in message news:<d526473a.0409221203.48cb0e15@posting.google.com>... > Trying to mount filesystem and I get the error > > nfsmnthelp: 1831-019 remote_node: System call error number -1 > > I've checked and insured that my 'nfs' daemons are running. Hi Ken, I am getting the same error, cannot seem to find a way around.. have you managed to get i...

why can't derived class pointer can't point to base class object #2
Dear All, According to OOPs , a base class pointer can to point to derived class object....call this as fact1 But somehow I am not comfortable while understanding this concept. The explanaition to the fact1 is given as since the derived object always consists of the base part , the base class pointer will always point to the base part in the derived object unless otherwise the function in the base class are declared as virtual and are overrided in the derived class. My confusion is, since the derived class always consists of the base class part in it,it should be more logical to think that the...

Web resources about - mount point has gone, device is mounted, can't umount device - comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc