f



mplayer can't play "link," and I can't find the real one

I'm trying to listen to my football game, but I can't get mplayer 
to cooperate.

I'm trying to play a link from 

http://knbr.com/listenNow.html

without much luck (I want the link from the right for the 1050 station).

The button link is

javascript:openplayer('http://www.streamaudio.com/stations/player/pages/index.asp?headertext=KNBR
1050 The Sports Leader&Station=KTCT_AM');

so I try

mplayer
"http://www.streamaudio.com/stations/player/pages/index.asp?headertext=KNBR
1050 The Sports Leader&Station=KTCT_AM"

and after some whirring and clicking, get 

Win32 LoadLibrary failed to load: avisynth.dll, /usr/local/lib/win32/avisynth.dll, /usr/lib/win32/avisynth.dll


Exiting... (End of file)

Some googling shows that the message isn't correct, and that this happens
when feeding raw url's to mplayer.  However, when I try to follow the
link, all I can find is

http://www.streamaudio.com/stations/asx/KTCT_AM.ask

feeding *this* to mplayer, I get 404 errors.

I can get the link to play with windows under firefox, and pageinfo shows
this last link as an "embed".

Any suggestions?

thanks

hawk

0
Dr
8/27/2006 2:15:02 AM
comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc 13187 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

6 Replies
545 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 28

Dr. R. E. Hawkins wrote:
> mplayer
> "http://www.streamaudio.com/stations/player/pages/index.asp?headertext=KNBR
> 1050 The Sports Leader&Station=KTCT_AM"
> 
> and after some whirring and clicking, get 
> 
> Win32 LoadLibrary failed to load: avisynth.dll, /usr/local/lib/win32/avisynth.dll, /usr/lib/win32/avisynth.dll

did you check your tmp directory?

/tmp--> cat mplayh2M327
<asx version = "3.0">
<title>KTCT_AM</title>
<entry><ref href = "mms://uni1.susq.streamaudio.com/KTCT_AM"/></entry>
<entry><ref href = "mms://1.uni1.susq.streamaudio.com/KTCT_AM"/></entry>
<entry><ref href = "mms://2.uni1.susq.streamaudio.com/KTCT_AM"/></entry>
<entry><ref href = "mms://38.113.221.151/KTCT_AM"/></entry>
<entry><ref href = "mms://66.250.188.151/KTCT_AM"/></entry>
</asx>
0
james
8/27/2006 2:34:31 AM
"james <at> hal-pc.org" wrote:
> Dr. R. E. Hawkins wrote:
>> mplayer
>> "http://www.streamaudio.com/stations/player/pages/index.asp?headertext=KNBR 
>>
>> 1050 The Sports Leader&Station=KTCT_AM"
>>
>> and after some whirring and clicking, get
>> Win32 LoadLibrary failed to load: avisynth.dll, 
>> /usr/local/lib/win32/avisynth.dll, /usr/lib/win32/avisynth.dll
> 
> did you check your tmp directory?
> 
> /tmp--> cat mplayh2M327
> <asx version = "3.0">
> <title>KTCT_AM</title>
> <entry><ref href = "mms://uni1.susq.streamaudio.com/KTCT_AM"/></entry>
> <entry><ref href = "mms://1.uni1.susq.streamaudio.com/KTCT_AM"/></entry>
> <entry><ref href = "mms://2.uni1.susq.streamaudio.com/KTCT_AM"/></entry>
> <entry><ref href = "mms://38.113.221.151/KTCT_AM"/></entry>
> <entry><ref href = "mms://66.250.188.151/KTCT_AM"/></entry>
> </asx>

Neat trick, I was trying to find the urls from source code. Of course 
now I realize why I can't play a lot of these in my mplayer-plugin, it's 
the same reason that I can't play them in mplayer without specifying the 
-ac.

This works:
mplayer -ac wmadmo mms://38.113.221.151/KTCT_AM

For some reason mplayer won't resolve the fqdn either, so
~$ host  uni1.susq.streamaudio.com
uni1.susq.streamaudio.com has address 209.147.118.141
uni1.susq.streamaudio.com has address 38.113.221.141

and mms://209.147.118.141 works too.

Somehow mplayer doesn't recognize wma9dmo and wmadmo automagically, 
whenever it crashes I just add one of those -ac's to play.

-- 
B Briggs
0
B
8/27/2006 3:10:47 AM
B Briggs wrote:
> Neat trick, I was trying to find the urls from source code. Of course 
> now I realize why I can't play a lot of these in my mplayer-plugin, it's 
> the same reason that I can't play them in mplayer without specifying the 
> -ac.
> 
> This works:
> mplayer -ac wmadmo mms://38.113.221.151/KTCT_AM
> 
> For some reason mplayer won't resolve the fqdn either, so
> ~$ host  uni1.susq.streamaudio.com
> uni1.susq.streamaudio.com has address 209.147.118.141
> uni1.susq.streamaudio.com has address 38.113.221.141
> 
> and mms://209.147.118.141 works too.
> 
> Somehow mplayer doesn't recognize wma9dmo and wmadmo automagically, 
> whenever it crashes I just add one of those -ac's to play.

what version mplayer?
works fine here.

/--> mplayer mms://38.113.221.151/KTCT_AM
MPlayer 1.0pre7try2-3.4.4 (C) 2000-2005 MPlayer Team

i get the audio feed just fine and no crash.
0
james
8/27/2006 6:15:56 PM
"james <at> hal-pc.org" wrote:
> B Briggs wrote:
>> Neat trick, I was trying to find the urls from source code. Of course 
>> now I realize why I can't play a lot of these in my mplayer-plugin, 
>> it's the same reason that I can't play them in mplayer without 
>> specifying the -ac.
>>
>> This works:
>> mplayer -ac wmadmo mms://38.113.221.151/KTCT_AM
>>
>> For some reason mplayer won't resolve the fqdn either, so
>> ~$ host  uni1.susq.streamaudio.com
>> uni1.susq.streamaudio.com has address 209.147.118.141
>> uni1.susq.streamaudio.com has address 38.113.221.141
>>
>> and mms://209.147.118.141 works too.
>>
>> Somehow mplayer doesn't recognize wma9dmo and wmadmo automagically, 
>> whenever it crashes I just add one of those -ac's to play.
> 
> what version mplayer?
> works fine here.
> 
> /--> mplayer mms://38.113.221.151/KTCT_AM
> MPlayer 1.0pre7try2-3.4.4 (C) 2000-2005 MPlayer Team
> 
> i get the audio feed just fine and no crash.

~/bin$ mplayer -v mms://38.113.221.151/KTCT_AM
MPlayer 1.0pre8-3.4.4 (C) 2000-2006 MPlayer Team

gets to here:
Opening audio decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg/libavcodec audio decoders
dec_audio: Allocating 192000 + 65536 = 257536 bytes for output buffer.
FFmpeg's libavcodec audio codec
INFO: libavcodec init OK!


MPlayer interrupted by signal 11 in module: init_audio_codec
....

but after adding -ac wmadmo, at the same point in output:
GetOutput r=0x0   size:16384  align:1
StreamCount r=0x0  1  1
INFO: Win32/DMO audio codec init OK!

dec_audio: Allocating 8192 bytes for input buffer.
dec_audio: Allocating 65536 + 65536 = 131072 bytes for output buffer.
AUDIO: 44100 Hz, 2 ch, s16le, 32.0 kbit/2.27% (ratio: 3998->176400)
Selected audio codec: [wmadmo] afm: dmo (Windows Media Audio DMO)
and it plays fine.

I've been trying to figure this out for a few months now, There is a 
codecs.conf file in ~/.mplayer, and it's dated January 21, 2005. This 
didn't happen until about January 2006. I've tried removing that file, 
renaming it and changing some of the numbers, to no avail. I'm pretty 
sure that I originally got the file from /usr/local/share/mplayer/, but 
mplayer doesn't install it anymore.

I'd appreciate any help.

-- 
Bo Briggs
0
B
8/27/2006 6:38:51 PM
B Briggs wrote:
> "james <at> hal-pc.org" wrote:
>> B Briggs wrote:
>>> Neat trick, I was trying to find the urls from source code. Of course 
>>> now I realize why I can't play a lot of these in my mplayer-plugin, 
>>> it's the same reason that I can't play them in mplayer without 
>>> specifying the -ac.
>>>
>>> This works:
>>> mplayer -ac wmadmo mms://38.113.221.151/KTCT_AM
>>>
>>> For some reason mplayer won't resolve the fqdn either, so
>>> ~$ host  uni1.susq.streamaudio.com
>>> uni1.susq.streamaudio.com has address 209.147.118.141
>>> uni1.susq.streamaudio.com has address 38.113.221.141
>>>
>>> and mms://209.147.118.141 works too.
>>>
>>> Somehow mplayer doesn't recognize wma9dmo and wmadmo automagically, 
>>> whenever it crashes I just add one of those -ac's to play.
>>
>> what version mplayer?
>> works fine here.
>>
>> /--> mplayer mms://38.113.221.151/KTCT_AM
>> MPlayer 1.0pre7try2-3.4.4 (C) 2000-2005 MPlayer Team
>>
>> i get the audio feed just fine and no crash.
> 
> ~/bin$ mplayer -v mms://38.113.221.151/KTCT_AM
> MPlayer 1.0pre8-3.4.4 (C) 2000-2006 MPlayer Team
> 
> gets to here:
> Opening audio decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg/libavcodec audio decoders
> dec_audio: Allocating 192000 + 65536 = 257536 bytes for output buffer.
> FFmpeg's libavcodec audio codec
> INFO: libavcodec init OK!
> 
> 
> MPlayer interrupted by signal 11 in module: init_audio_codec
> ...
> 
> but after adding -ac wmadmo, at the same point in output:
> GetOutput r=0x0   size:16384  align:1
> StreamCount r=0x0  1  1
> INFO: Win32/DMO audio codec init OK!
> 
> dec_audio: Allocating 8192 bytes for input buffer.
> dec_audio: Allocating 65536 + 65536 = 131072 bytes for output buffer.
> AUDIO: 44100 Hz, 2 ch, s16le, 32.0 kbit/2.27% (ratio: 3998->176400)
> Selected audio codec: [wmadmo] afm: dmo (Windows Media Audio DMO)
> and it plays fine.
> 
> I've been trying to figure this out for a few months now, There is a 
> codecs.conf file in ~/.mplayer, and it's dated January 21, 2005. This 
> didn't happen until about January 2006. I've tried removing that file, 
> renaming it and changing some of the numbers, to no avail. I'm pretty 
> sure that I originally got the file from /usr/local/share/mplayer/, but 
> mplayer doesn't install it anymore.
> 
> I'd appreciate any help.
> 

Ok, I've got it now. Reading:
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/DOCS/tech/codecs.conf.txt

"The "status" keyword carries information about the codec's functional
status. MPlayer currently recognizes 4 status levels: working, buggy,
crashing, and untested. When it gets to codec auto-selection, it tries
untested first (to force users to test it for us and report results :)),
then working and finally buggy ones. Codecs marked crashing won't be 
tried, unless explicitly (-vc/-ac) selected."

In my codecs.conf, I changed this codec:
audiocodec ffwmav2
   info "DivX audio v2 (FFmpeg)"
   status crashing
   format 0x161
   driver ffmpeg
   dll "wmav2"

(from status untested to status crashing).

I don't know why codecs.conf is not installed (I just reinstalled 
mplayer to double check, but without making clean).

The file is located in work/MPlayer-whatever/etc, just in case anyone 
else is having the same problem as I am.

-- 
B Briggs
0
B
8/27/2006 8:10:47 PM
On Sat, 26 Aug 2006 22:34:31 -0500, "james <at> hal-pc.org" wrote:

> Dr. R. E. Hawkins wrote:
>> mplayer
>> "http://www.streamaudio.com/stations/player/pages/index.asp?headertext=KNBR
>> 1050 The Sports Leader&Station=KTCT_AM"
>> 
 
> did you check your tmp directory?
> 
> /tmp--> cat mplayh2M327
> <asx version = "3.0">
> <title>KTCT_AM</title>
..> <entry><ref href = "mms://uni1.susq.streamaudio.com/KTCT_AM"/></entry>
> <entry><ref href = "mms://1.uni1.susq.streamaudio.com/KTCT_AM"/></entry>
> <entry><ref href = "mms://2.uni1.susq.streamaudio.com/KTCT_AM"/></entry>
> <entry><ref href = "mms://38.113.221.151/KTCT_AM"/></entry> <entry><ref
> href = "mms://66.250.188.151/KTCT_AM"/></entry> </asx>

It didn't even occur to me . . . and this worked beautifully.  Thank you
so much!

Rick
0
Dr
9/12/2006 5:08:19 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Windows "routing" server separating two subnets
Gurus, I have a small lab with a bunch of servers setup on two different subnets, 192.168.1.1 is the gateway for one and 172.16.1.1 is the gateway for the other. Installed on my Router (Windows Server with three NICs - I know, please don't comment on this, it's is for learning purposes, not production), the third NIC is the gateway to the Internet. What works: The Router server can reach the Internet as well as the computers in the 192.168.1.0/24 subnet (the first subnet built). What's broken: The computers on the 172.16.1.0/16 subnet cannot get to the Inter...

Windows "routing" server separating two subnets
Gurus, I have a small lab with a bunch of servers setup on two different subnets, 192.168.1.1 is the gateway for one and 172.16.1.1 is the gateway for the other. Installed on my Router (Windows Server with three NICs - I know, please don't comment on this, it's is for learning purposes, not production), the third NIC is the gateway to the Internet. What works: The Router server can reach the Internet as well as the computers in the 192.168.1.0/24 subnet (the first subnet built). What's broken: The computers on the 172.16.1.0/16 subnet cannot get to the Inter...

Can't Find Answer Any Where (What would you do/try): fopen ("file on shared drive","w+") doesn't work on 2nd call using Windows LabView DDL
Hello, I have a shared drive on SGI, Linux, and Windows. The fact that I'm using a shared drive may be mute information. The problem is within the same program a second call to fopen does not create a file if the file has been deleted. I would like to use fopen for its pointer return value to solve this. What is the best way to fix this problem? The reason I want to do this is I do not want to exit completely from LabView and then re-enter it to create the file! I talked to my system person and he said something "like" this. That it is a caching problem. Windows has the fil...

Forget "Why Can't Johnny Read?" ... Why Can't Eudora Read?
I have a script which writes a MIME-formatted email containing both text and HTML. It works perfectly with all email clients with the exception of the free version of Eudora. As many of you no doubt are aware, a multipart/alternative email is constructed with two or more parts: (1) text for mail clients unable to read HTML and (2) HTML. Eudora is one of the clients which cannot read HTML. So does it read the text version of the multipart/alternative email? Of course not. It tries to read the 2nd part which is the HTML and fails ... thus displaying a table as if it were text. Eudora liter...

Why doesn't can't a vector of "Derived" be passed to function taking vector of "Base"?
I have these classes (elided methods): class Base { public: Base(string name) {...} }; class Derived : public Base { public: Derived(String name) : Base( name ) {...} }; And neither of these work: /*** ATTEMPT ONE **/ void create(std::vector<Base>& arr) { ... } int main() { std::vector<Derived> arr; create( arr ); } /*** ATTEMPT TWO **/ void create(std::vector<Base*>& arr) { ... } int main() { std::vector<Derived*> arr; ...

lynx 'browser' can't do "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>"
lynx is lighteningly fast to fetch a set of pages [via a script] via dump > fileID. But [my current version] doesn't render the 'style' of: "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>" What is this new "xml" crap ? Will it likely take over the older *.html ? Thanks for any info, == Chris Glur. news@absamail.co.za wrote in news:1172596265.663611@vasbyt.isdsl.net: > lynx is lighteningly fast to fetch a set of pages [via a script] via > dump > fileID. > > But [my current version] doesn't ...

Can't "click through" Static Text even with 'HitTest' set to 'off'?
I've got a GUI with some static text labels that I created in an .m file using the uicontrol() function. I made sure upon creation to set 'HitTest' to 'off'. I can check the controls after the fact, and indeed they all have 'HitTest' set to 'off'. However, I have a ButtonDownFcn call for the entire figure (I'm trying to tell when the user clicks on a specific piece of static text, but the text controls are generated dynamicall). If the user clicks on the figure background, the function executes properly. However, when the static text controls ...

Help! Can't read file with the char's. " / " and "." !
&nbsp; Hi fellows! &nbsp; I got this file : example.&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp; 13-06-06 12:30:20,526&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;-3,568&nbsp; 13-06-06 12:30:20,529&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;-13,528 13-06-06 12:30:20,556&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;-30,568 .. .. ..&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; My program writes this file, and in my program i also got a&nbsp; ReadFile.VI, to read this file and plot...

Can't "mk CONF=9pcdisk" --> gives error "rc: #d/0: token '=': syntax error"
I'm in /sys/src/9/pc and I type `mk CONF=9pcdisk` and rc gives me the error "rc: #d/0: token '=': syntax error". Why is this? Just doing mk works fine (I think). Thanks! Plan9 looks very cool... just finished reading through intro (all of it). you're using backquotes, why? that would be `{mk CONF=3D9pcdisk} in rc's syntax. now to compile that kernel the syntax is: % mk 'CONF=3Dpcdisk' now are you sure you want a pcdisk?=20 On Jul 19, 2012, at 6:07 AM, kalaracey@gmail.com wrote: > I'm in /sys/src/9/pc and I type >=20 ...

"find"can't find?
I've found very funny situation with my matlab6.5. a=0:0.1:1 b=find(a==0.3) Then, ans is supposed to be 4, however, >>Empty matrix: 1-by-0 On Apr 4, 5:43 pm, "Seungyong " <jsyw...@gmaildot.com> wrote: > I've found very funny situation with my matlab6.5. > a=0:0.1:1 > b=find(a==0.3) > > Then, ans is supposed to be 4, however, > > >>Empty matrix: 1-by-0 This is a variation on a frequently asked question. The answer is simply that the decimal number 0.3 cannot be represented exactly in the double precision floating point arithmetic use...

I can't find the "From Memory" and "To Memory" blocks in c281xlib
I can't find the "From Memory" and "To Memory" blocks in c281xlib in matlab2009b, is there anyone know why? I can find them in help doc. I can find them in matlab 2009a, but can't find them in 2009b and 2010a... anybody know why? "wang hua" <ghpghp3@126.com> wrote in message <hu5isv$8ki$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > I can't find the "From Memory" and "To Memory" blocks in c281xlib in matlab2009b, is there anyone know why? I can find them in help doc. "wang hua" <ghpghp3@126.com> wrote in message...

GNU Screen "No more PTYs" "Sorry can't find a PTY"
I built GNU screen from both GNU source and the source from the HP-UX port and archive center. In both cases I get an error on the screen console that "No more PTYs." and "Sorry can't find a PTY." Is there a non-admin user way to fix this issue? One issue that appears to be showing up with Google is missing PTYs in /dev. However there are ones there > ls /dev/pty ttya0 ttyae ttybc ttyca ttye8 ttyf6 ttyp4 ttyq2 ttyr0 ttyre ttysc ttyta ttyu8 ttyv6 ttyw4 ttyx2 ttyy0 ttyye ttyzc ttya1 ttyaf ttybd ttycb ttye9 ttyf7 ttyp5 ...

"Even a 'genius' can't use Linux"
Or so the "genius" WinTrolls would have you believe. I finally broke down and bought a $10, 64MB nVidia MX440 video card to replace my onboard Intel graphics chip. (Yeah, I'm a big spender.) So how hard was that to set it up in Linux? I've done it twice (and I'm going to get one for the CentOS box as well). In VectorLinux I had to run VASM (VectorLinux Administration and System Menu) in root and set up X Windows. (VASM is used for just about any change in VectorLinux.) It asked if I wanted to load the nVidia proprietary drivers, I clicked yes, and watc...

Can't use HISTTIMEFORMAT="%d/%m/%y %T " with root's bash?
Hi! I noticed HISTTIMEFORMAT="%d/%m/%y %T " with root (su)'s bash in my 64-bit Debian oldstable (3.2.0-0.bpo.4-amd64)? I have no problems in regular user (no root/su). Here are examples to compare before and after HISTTIMEFORMAT="%d/%m/%y %T " with history command in bash prompt: # history 6 apt-get upgrade 7 apt-get dist-upgrade 8 apt-get install mplayer 9 apt-get install vlc 10 apt-get -t backports upgrade 11 apt-get -t backports dist-upgrade 12 gem update 13 apt-get update 14 apt-get upgrade 15 apt-get clean 16 apt-get upgrade 17 apt-get upgrade 18 apt-get purge tzdata 19 apt-get upgrade 20 apt-get dist-upgrade 21 apt-get -t backports dist-upgrade 22 apt-get -t backports upgrade 23 gem update 24 apt-get update 25 apt-get upgrade 26 apt-get clean 27 apt-get upgrade 28 apt-get upgrade 29 apt-get dist-upgrade 30 apt-get -t backports upgrade 31 apt-get -t backports dist-upgrade 32 gem update 33 w 34 apt-get update 35 apt-get upgrade 36 apt-get upgrade 37 apt-get upgrade 38 apt-get dist-upgrade 39 apt-get -t backports dist-upgrade 40 apt-get -t backports upgrade 41 n 42 deborphan 43 deborphan -n 44 debfoster 45 gem update 46 locate arp.dat 47 updatedb 48 cat /var/lib/arpwatch/arp.dat ...

"Can't find project or library" on VBA's CurDir function...
This confuses the hell out of me... Is there a way to kick Excel in its behind to make it realize that if it can find the rest of its VBA.xxx functions, it should know where "CurDir" is too? -- Dag. Dag Sunde wrote: > This confuses the hell out of me... > > Is there a way to kick Excel in its behind to make it realize > that if it can find the rest of its VBA.xxx functions, it > should know where "CurDir" is too? Just tried it in Excel 97 and Excel 2003. It worked in both. Anything else to go on? "Dag Sunde" <me@dagsunde.com> wrot...

Can This Hard Disk Be Saved? (formerly "Can't Find Partition Table On Boot")
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0024_01C51F18.F9C28C40 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable All: I am attempting to repair a damaged partition table on a hard disk which = was running Fedora Core 3. I have been advised to try the gpart = utitlity which I did on another machine using the full scan option. The = output log is included below. I would like to know if this data is = sufficient to make strides towards the recovery. I believe the MBR data = is in partition 1. This seems to be th...

"Can't find package xxx"
Probably the subject line indicates most of the issue. If I run a script containing a package require xxx tcl is complaining that it can't find the package, even though I've confirmed that it's definitely in a subdirectory in the tcl_pkgPath. No idea why this is happening, although it seems to me to be likely to be something very, very basic. This is running tcl 8.5 in Fedora 17. tcl_pkgPath variable is /usr/lib/tcl8.5 /usr/share/tcl8.5 /usr/lib/tk8.5 /usr/share/tk8.5. I don't know what other information you may need; please let me know and I'll attempt to p...

"Can't find CD, insert additional driver floppy". But, it's booted from CD!
I'm trying to install Mandrake 10.1 into a system built around a Pentium 4 on an Asus P4C800-E motherboard. I have two SATA drives and intend to dual boot, one drive for Windows and one for Linux. I have Mandrake Linux 10 installed on one drive, and Windows XP Pro on the other. The installation CD will boot and ask me to select how I want to install. I select to run the install with the default graphical interface. The installer tells me "No CDROM device found" (I have to press OK). (I mutter "You just booted from it! How can you not find it!?!") "Please insert the additional drivers CD". "The what?" OK� what gives? (I am newbie to the max, if you havn't guessed.) Ok, welcome to this particular weirdness - it freaked me out too. Booting from a CD is like booting from a floppy - the BIOS finds the first few sectors of the CD and reads what's there. Once the kernel has loaded from the CD, it's a whole new ball game. Although the BIOS booted from the CD, and knows it's there, Linux doesn't. Yet. Sadly I don't know Mandrake at all (I use Debian, and have used RedHat and Slackware), but most distributions have an "expert mode" for the installer, which will allow you to tell it what hardware you have. If you can run the installer in this expert mode, and tell it you have an Intel ICH5R, it should then find all your attached CD-ROM and hard drives. I'm sorry if tha...

Can't send "To", only "Reply"
My daughter has Eudora 6.2 in paid mode on XP Home. She tells me that when she tries to send an email "To" someone, Eudora says she must specify a recipient and will not send it. The only way she can send an email is to use "Reply" to an existing message. Any ideas on what could be causing this? jetjock <jetjock@hanger.com> wrote: >My daughter has Eudora 6.2 in paid mode on XP Home. She tells me that >when she tries to send an email "To" someone, Eudora says she must >specify a recipient and will not send it. The only way she can se...

Tk::Browser, "Can't locate object method 'Construct'"
Using perl 5.10, I'm trying to run the Tk::Browser.pm SYNOPSIS example. I get a "Can't locate object method "Construct" via package "Tk::Widget" " error. In more detail --- use strict; use warnings; use Tk::Browser; my $b = new Browser; __END__ gets --- Can't locate object method "Construct" via package "Tk::Widget" at C:/Perl/site/lib/Tk/Frame.pm line 13. Compilation failed in require at (eval 15) line 3. ...propagated at C:/Perl/lib/base.pm line 93. --- etc The "Construct" that can't be located for Tk::W...

Has someone got "/usr/ccs/bin/ld: Can't find library: "dl"" error
Dear friends While building the server executable for Systinet Server And Im getting the following error. $ make all No suffix list. Making all in basic No suffix list. Making all in arrays cd ../.. && make am--refresh No suffix list. No suffix list. /bin/sh ../../libtool --mode=link /opt/aCC/bin/aCC -g -o arrays client.o arrays.lo arraysStructs.lo /opt/systinet/server_cpp65/lib/libwasp.la /opt/systinet/server_cpp65/lib/libwasp_stl.la /opt/aCC/bin/aCC -g -o arrays client.o .libs/arrays.o ..libs/arraysStructs.o /opt/systinet/server_cpp65/lib/libwasp_stl.sl /opt/...

[OT] Nit: please don't user "it's" unless you can substitute "it is" without changing your inteded meaning.
Typos happen to all of us, but in case you hadn't realized what "it's" is a contraction for ("it is"), now you do, and you can save yourself further embarrassment (assuming you care ;-). If your friends won't tell you, who will ;-) Write the contraction "it's" only when you want its meaning to be "it is," otherwise it's wrong ;-) OTOH, how does one punctuate the posessive of a word per se? E.g., the first letter of "it" is "i", but can one write that as "it"'s first letter is "i," or it...

I can't understand a sentence "Look out for implicit assignments in while conditionals" in 'perlsub'
Hello Perl users, First of all, I'd have to tell you that I'm not so good at English, not at Perl either. :-) I am reading 'perlsub' documents: http://perldoc.perl.org/perlsub.html In the section "When to still use local()", it says: --- Despite the existence of my, there are still three places where the local operator still shines. In fact, in these three places, you must use local instead of my. 1. You need to give a global variable a temporary value, especially $_. The global variables, like @ARGV or the punctuation variables, must be localized with local(). T...

FAQ 5.33 Why can't I use "C:\temp\foo" in DOS paths? Why doesn't `C:\temp\foo.exe` work?
This message is one of several periodic postings to comp.lang.perl.misc intended to make it easier for perl programmers to find answers to common questions. The core of this message represents an excerpt from the documentation provided with Perl. -------------------------------------------------------------------- 5.33: Why can't I use "C:\temp\foo" in DOS paths? Why doesn't `C:\temp\foo.exe` work? Whoops! You just put a tab and a formfeed into that filename! Remember that within double quoted strings ("like\this"), the backslash is an escape charact...

Web resources about - mplayer can't play "link," and I can't find the real one - comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc

Resources last updated: 2/25/2016 10:15:47 AM