Apacer USB 2.0 Handy Drive

hello.

ive searched a while now, and have come close to
finding a solution to my problem - yet never quite.

I recently purchased an Apacer handy steno usb drive
(although i doubt this pertainant) and on trying to mount

mount -t msdos /dev/da0s1 /mnt

or other variants, i always get a 'Synchronize cache failed' error.

any ideas?  ive seen this problem in several groups, but never
a solution.

thanks

--Stan
0
Stan
8/10/2003 6:38:29 PM
comp.unix.bsd.freebsd 391 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Apacer USB 2.0 Handy drive #2
Hello Ive recently been playing with my Apacer handy drive, and upon trying to mount mount -t msdos /dev/da0s1 /mnt i always get a 'synchronize cache failed' error. Ive seen this problem mentioned a few times in my searching for a solution, but never is a solution posted. any ideas? thanks, stan. ...

Sony 512 MB Micro Vault Flash USB 2.0 Drive Pen Thumb Drive #2
Hi, I can offer Brand new sealed Sony 512 MB Micro Vault Flash USB 2.0 Drive Pen Thumb Drive for only $105+shipping. Contact me at amitc880 @ ya hoo.com ...

Something like FT245BM for USB 2.0 ? Parallel -> USB with real USB 2.0 bandwidth ?
Hello, is there a chip, in functionality like a FT245BM for USB 2.0 ? I found on websites mentioning the FT245BM compatible for USB 2.0, but i think they don't use USB 2.0, because transfer rate is "only" 1 MByte/s, which looks like high speed USB. Is there a faster parallel USB chip, which achieves more than 1 MByte / s ? I think with USB 2.0 there must be at least a factor of 10 to this speed ? Regards, Martin "Martin Maurer" <capiman@clibb.de> wrote in news:c26q04$kkf$04$1@news.t-online.com: > Hello, > > is there a chip, in functional...

USB Drive does not work on USB 2.0
I have an external 3.5" hard drive in a USB 2.0 enclosure that I have been attaching to USB 1.1 ports on several different computers for over a year without any problems. I have just recently installed a USB 2.0 PCI card in my computer for faster download speeds. However, when I plug my external drive into one of the USB 2.0 ports the device seems to install just fine, but when I go to access the drive, it shows up as a different drive letter than it always has before and when I go to access the drive I get the error message: The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable. ...

USB 2.0
Hi all: In order to connect to an external 2.5 harddisk with USB, I have tried three different USB 2.0 PCMCIA (Cardbus) cards (Belkin, Dynex and Zonet) on my Compaq Presario 2197 (AMD Athlon XP 2800). The cards can all be recognized, but only on the Zonet card the hard drive is recognized. Even so, the speed is very slow. Transfering a file of 1GB will take about 25-27 minutes. I have also tried an Acomdata external harddrive, which works great with an IBM laptop, and see the same thing. BTW, the time for transfering a 1GB file on the IBM is about 6-7 minutes. It is not as quick as ...

USB flash drive speed USB1.1 vs USB 2.0
My laptop's USB ports advertised to be USB 2.0 When I use one of them to transfer a 106 MegaByte folder of many subfolders and files to a Sandisk 256 MB flash drive it takes about fourty minutes 2.7 MegaBytes per Minute. Does this sound right for USB 2.0 or USB 1.1? The new laptop is not executing any other programs and the hard disk light is off. Big education for me. USB 1.1 and 2.0 are standards, not speeds. Each has a high speed and a low speed. To know what your peripheral is going to do you must ignore the 1.1 and 2.0 designations as meaningless. What counts is ...

Maxtor External USB 2.0 Drive 3000LE & Large Drives
I also have the USB2 Maxtor 3000LE external. My Windows XP machine can handle 300 gig drives... but when I try to put 1 in the 3000LE case... it only sees 137gig. Did you have to do anything special to get yours to work? Where did you see that chipset... and part #? I don't see anything that says "Cypress" on the board inside mine. Thanks. Original msg..... Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 09:43:15 -0500 Organization: MindSpring Enterprises Lines: 47 Message-ID: <912f5vssad7q158b98h0l7a64vll2ki58r@4ax.com> NNTP-Posting-Host: 42.a7.27.2f Mime-Version: 1...

Gigabit/USB 2.0 external 500GB drive/storage less than $400? #2
Hi, i am trying to find a network drive that is gigabit capable, that also (though i am willing to do without) has USB2.0 and is around 500GB. I didn't think this would be so difficult and i can find something like this but it is only 100Mb/Ethernet for $350+ everything else seems to start in the $500+ area. Any suggestions would really be appreciated! Cheers -Gaiko ...

Re: USB flash drive speed USB1.1 vs USB 2.0
Blue,=20 Your Port is USB 2.0 but I believe your sandisk flash drive is USB 1.1. If the port and flash drive are USB 2.0. Then you need to remove the USB 1.1 driver from your system. Also check your BIOS setting make sure USB is enabled. Joseph chia -----Original Message----- From: Blue [mailto:me@privacy.net]=20 Posted At: Tuesday, January 20, 2004 1:46 PM Posted To: periphs Conversation: USB flash drive speed USB1.1 vs USB 2.0 Subject: USB flash drive speed USB1.1 vs USB 2.0 My laptop's USB ports advertised to be USB 2.0 When I use one of them to transfer a 106 MegaByt...

[ANN] gettext-2.0.2, gettext_activerecord-2.0.2, gettext_rails-2.0.2
Hi, Ruby-GetText-Package-2.0.2 and the families (gettext-2.0.2, gettext_activerecord-2.0.2 and gettext_rails-2.0.2) are now available. Ruby-GetText-Package is the library/tools for message localization. * gettext - Message localization libraries and tools for all kind of apps/libs. * gettext_activerecord - ActiveRecord Localization * gettext_rails - Rails support with gettext. Changes ------- == gettext-2.0.2 * Support ruby-1.9.1 style format string such as %<foo>d. * Apply new Locale.set_app_language_tags and Locale.candidates. [Suggested by Vladimir Dobriakov] * Enhance...

USB 2.0 vs USB 3.0
Recently; i found myself over at Best Buy and Found a Toshiba Hard Drive,= =20 1 Tb for $99 and i thought; 'That is too good to be true.' and also; Toshiba ??? Would they betray me ? So i bought it. And i did get it to work a little bit, which would suggest that the USB 3.0= cable that came with it, Would work with my MacBook and its USB 2.0 Vulvas= ,=20 but it didn't work very well. The Plug was 'Wiggly' And the Cable that came= with it was like 4 inches long, and it is Very Difficult to find an Extens= ion Cable for this sort of thing. i wanted to just dr...

update Oracle from 10.2.0.2.0 to 10.2.0.2.0
Where can I get the software for 10g 10.2.0.2.0. for Windows XP 32 bit. Thank you very much. "keekee" <moongeegee@gmail.com> a �crit dans le message de news: f3b21ed0-12fd-4812-b9da-60cf59d508b9@i9g2000yqi.googlegroups.com... | Where can I get the software for 10g 10.2.0.2.0. for Windows XP 32 | bit. | Thank you very much. On Metalink (My Oracle Support). https://support.oracle.com/CSP/ui/flash.html Regards Michel ...

Sony 512 MB Micro Vault Flash USB 2.0 Drive Pen Thumb Drive
Hi, I can offer Brand new sealed Sony 512 MB Micro Vault Flash USB 2.0 Drive Pen Thumb Drive for only $105+shipping. Contact me at amitc880 @ ya hoo.com ...

Convert USB 3.0 to USB 2.0 Crazy?
Sounds useless, since most USB 3.0 devices are backward compatible. But ap= parently there's enough slop in the spec so that at least my 3.0 HD won't w= ork with my Netgear WNDR4000 N700 router's USB 2.0 port, and I can't mount = it as a network drive on my Macbook Pro Retina. You'd expect that the comp= atibility is achieved by some part of the doohickies ignoring the 3.0 conne= ctions and shuffling control signals to their 2.0 counterparts. In any cas= e, the Netgear's not smart enough to do that or something. Ideally, what I'd like is to have my USB 3...

Web resources about - Apacer USB 2.0 Handy Drive - comp.unix.bsd.freebsd

Apacer Global
Apacer Access the best ASIA Asia Pacific (English) China (简体中文) India (English) Japan (日本語) Taiwan (繁體中文) EUROPE Europe / South Africa (English) ...

Combo SDIMM: Apacer adds SATA M.2 Storage to DRAM Modules
One focus of PC design is towards the smaller form factor. While mini-ITX is the standard ‘small’ form factor, Apacer is starting to sample their ...

Mount your hard drive on your RAM with Apacer’s new memory sticks
A weird place for an SSD. Apacer PC makers do all kinds of things to save space inside their cases, but this is a new one to us: Apacer is ...

Powerchip raises NT$314 million by selling Apacer shares
Powerchip Technology has raised NT$314 million (US$10.5 million) by selling its entire stake in memory module maker Apacer Technology, according ...

Apacer Disc Steno CP-200 review - Camera storage Reviews - TechRadar
The Apacer looks and feels the part, with modern styling, tough plasticexterior and a front-loading CD tray. Lettering on the tray gives awaythe ...

Media Releases - Australian Life Scientist
The latest biotechnology news, features and information

Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment: Stock Market Performance - Businessweek
Review Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment market performance against the overall stock market in the U.S. Find the Semiconductors & Semiconductor ...

Camera Memory Cards, Digital Camera Memory Cards, Camera Memory SD Card, Australia
Buy Camera Memory Cards, Digital Camera Memory Cards, Camera Memory Card, Camera Digital Memory Card, Camera Memory SD Card, SD Digital Camera ...

Computer & Electronic Memory News - Flash and DRAM Memory - Electronics Weekly
Electronics memory news. DRAM, flash and solid state electronic component products and analysis from Electronics Weekly

Stephen Hawking: I lost a $100 bet over Higgs boson discovery
Android points the way for small tablets; Stephen Hawking: I lost a $100 bet over Higgs boson discovery; Apacer Launches SSDs with CF and SD ...