Disable keyboard detection/disabling

I have a Dell Poweredge server that I have in a remote location.  The server
does not have a keyboard connected.  The server has a remote management
capabilities built in.  When the server boots up, I can remote control the
bios and other boot up utils.  However, once the FreeBSD system begins to
load, the keyboard is disabled.  However, if a keyboard is connected at
boot, the remote console works properly.

This arrangement works without the keyboard on Linux and Windows.  Can
anyone direct me how I can work this out?

0
Danny
4/22/2004 2:36:59 AM
comp.unix.bsd.freebsd 391 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

What I did on my machine was to recompile the kernel with these flags
for atkbd0

device          atkbd0  at atkbdc? irq 1 flags 0x1

and changed it to :

device          atkbd0  at atkbdc? irq 1

There's also an option during installation to specify pre-install
hardware specifications such as Controller type, RAID etc. I changed
the Keyboard flags from 0x1 to 0x0.

Works pretty much ok as I have multiple headless machines and no
enough monitors or keyboards (and KVM cables are too messy):P
0
shazrin_78