port

If I want to add just one port, do I need to install the entire port
database, or can I just install the one port?  How do I do this?

0
Darren
11/30/2003 7:13:27 AM
comp.unix.bsd.freebsd 391 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

comp.unix.bsd.freebsd is not widely propagated, so you won't
necessarily get much help here (in comp.unix.bsd.freebsd).
See http://www.freebsd.org/support.html for better ideas...
[followups redirected accordingly]

"Darren Welson" <3welsons@cox.net> writes:

> If I want to add just one port, do I need to install the entire port
> database, or can I just install the one port?  How do I do this?

/usr/ports/Mk and the skeleton for that particular port will be
enough.  Of course, you'll need that for all of the dependencies,
as well.
0
Lowell