routing from FreeBSD 4 to FreeBSD 6

hello ...

I need to do the following on a FreeBSD 6.1 box:

# for kpnadsl/using sip_spoof
static_routes="spt mxs"
route_spt="-net 10.0.0.138/32 -interface 213.xx.xx.xxx -cloning"
route_mxs="default 10.0.0.138"

(this was done on a FreeBSD 4.10 box, which worked fine)

during the boot on the FreeBSD 6.1 box, it gives an error on the route_mxs
line and stops booting. thus, how does this have to be done on FreeBSD
6.1?

ta,

c.
0
cynase (1)
6/6/2006 1:58:33 PM
comp.unix.bsd.freebsd 391 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

comp.unix.bsd.freebsd is not widely propagated, so you won't
necessarily get much help here (in comp.unix.bsd.freebsd).
See http://www.freebsd.org/support.html for better ideas...
[followups redirected accordingly]

cynase <cynase@xs4all.nl> writes:

> hello ...
>
> I need to do the following on a FreeBSD 6.1 box:
>
> # for kpnadsl/using sip_spoof
> static_routes="spt mxs"
> route_spt="-net 10.0.0.138/32 -interface 213.xx.xx.xxx -cloning"
> route_mxs="default 10.0.0.138"
>
> (this was done on a FreeBSD 4.10 box, which worked fine)
>
> during the boot on the FreeBSD 6.1 box, it gives an error on the route_mxs
> line and stops booting. thus, how does this have to be done on FreeBSD
> 6.1?

Offhand, it looks okay to me, so I'd want to know what the error
actually was.  I use "defaultrouter" variable in rc.conf instead,
so I don't see that syntax directly...
0
Lowell