upgrade from 3.3 to 3.4

I keep on getting these error messages on my firewall box

vrele: bad ref count: type VDIR, usecount 0, writecount 0, holdcount 1,
        tag VT_UFS, ino 3473483, on dev 0, 4 flags 0x1, effnlink 2, nlink 2
        mode 040700, owner 2000, group 0, size 512
panic: vrele: ref cnt

Seems to be always a bad ino within the mail queue, might even be related
the my virus definition updating script haven't had a crash in 6 days with
it disabled.  Use to crash every 2nd day lately but before kind of random.
My guess would be heavy I/O disk usage.

I already have, squid+ntlm, apache, postfix, amavisd, spamassassin, socks5,
on the same box.

Should I attempt to upgrade from the cd and hope that it doesn't crash no
more or would I be better off rebuilding the box and hope that bad errors
like the above done manifest themselves with the stuff I compile on the box.
Hey I could even run a extended test on the hard drive before building
everything to make sure the bad refcount  isn't a physical fault.

0
Monkey
12/1/2003 2:23:31 AM
comp.unix.bsd.openbsd.misc 3191 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Upgrade from 3.3 to 3.4 with bsd.rd ??
Hi, I'd like to upgrade my box the bsd.rd way as i did before (i have no removable media attached to this little server now). I understand there is a way to use the new image even with the a.out -> ELF change, but i really can't find how.. Can someone give me a hint on this? Hope not to have to go plug a cd-rom in this condemnend area! ;) Thanks! On Wed, 5 Nov 2003, Krech wrote: > I'd like to upgrade my box the bsd.rd way as i did before (i have no > removable media attached to this little server now). > > I understand there...

upgrade 4.3.2. -> 4.3.3
I need to update from 4.3.2.0 to 4.3.3.x IBM doesn't seem to support 4.3.2 any longer. All maintenances are only available for >= 4.3.3.x Does anybody know where to get the upgrade package files? mgrd <mgrd@gmx.net> wrote in message news:<c6bis3$a18mb$1@ID-188896.news.uni-berlin.de>... > I need to update from 4.3.2.0 to 4.3.3.x > IBM doesn't seem to support 4.3.2 any longer. All maintenances are only > available for >= 4.3.3.x > > Does anybody know where to get the upgrade package files? All you need is a copy of the AIX 4.3.3 CDs. Can your busin...

[ace-users] ACE 5.4.0 won't compile after GCC upgrade (3.3.3 -> 3.4.3)
[Apologies if this shows up twice, there was a mailer error with my first attempt to post] Hi, I found the same problem reported recently on the mailing list ("compiling ACE under Fedora core 3", March 1st) but no resolution was reported there, so I thought I'd post a full description here. ACE VERSION: 5.4 HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: AIX 5.1 ...

[ace-users] Re: ACE 5.4.0 won't compile after GCC upgrade (3.3.3 -> 3.4.3)
Hi Tom, > Well, the definition of "production release" for ACE is a bit murky > imho. Please see http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/ACE_wrappers/docs/ACE-development-process.html for the canonical definition of terms. If there's something unclear there please let me know and I'll fixit. > The developers on this list (almost) always recommend using the > latest package, which is typically labeled a "beta release". Right, the reason we do that is because the "latest release" (which is most commonly a beta release) is the on...

Is there any difference of g++ 3.4.3 and g++ 3.3.4 ?
HI, my source code was compiled ok in g++ 3.3.4 . But when I try to use 3.4.3 to compile, I get the following error: Utility.h: In constructor `Buffer<size>::Buffer(const char*)': Utility.h:174: error: `buffer' undeclared (first use this function) Utility.h:174: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in.) Utility.h:176: error: no matching function for call to `strchr(<type error>, char)' /usr/include/iso/string_iso.h:130: note: candidates are: char* strchr (const char*, int) /usr/sfw/lib/gcc/sparc-sun-solaris2.10/3.4.3/.....

RE: [ace-users] Re: ACE 5.4.0 won't compile after GCC upgrade (3.3.3 -> 3.4.3)
Hi Tom, > > > The "resolution" was to upgrade to ACE-5.4.3 or later, which has > > > code fixes to help with the newer compiler. Not sure how > much would > > > need to change, but you may be able to inspect the differences in > > > that part of the code wrt the newer ACE release to backport the > > > fixes. > > Thanks, I've downloaded and am building. Is ACE-5.4.3 the latest > > production release ? > > Well, the definition of "production release" for ACE is a bit murky > imho. P...

RE: [ace-users] Re: ACE 5.4.0 won't compile after GCC upgrade (3.3.3 -> 3.4.3) #2
Hi J.T., Right... The issue is a bit odd... Here's the check I added for ACE: dnl This check was added to work around a system-supplied header dnl (/usr/include/netinet/ip.h) that won't compile with Visual Age C++ dnl unless the _NO_BITFIELDS preprocessor macro is defined. The comments dnl there recommend use of _NO_BITFIELDS (and recode where needed to allow dnl that), but we won't just turn it on. Check to see if it's needed. Note dnl that this check is related to headers but done before we really know if dnl the header is present. Thus, if the bare compile fa...

RE: [ace-users] Re: ACE 5.4.0 won't compile after GCC upgrade (3.3.3 -> 3.4.3) #2
Hi Colm, Ok, thanks for that explanation. I solved this a different way for a similar problem that showed up with Visual Age C++ on AIX 5.2... When the 5.4.5 beta comes out, please try this again and hopefully no further workarounds will be needed. Thanks, -Steve -- Steve Huston, Riverace Corporation Adding Service to Open Source Software ACE book info at http://www.riverace.com/acebooks/ > -----Original Message----- > From: Colm McHugh [mailto:cmchugh@callixa.com] > Sent: We...

upgraded gcc from 3.3 to 3.4 and having problems
Our code used to compile happily under g++ 3.3.6 but now that we have upgraded the compiler to version 3.4.6 our code breaks when linking with this error message undefined reference to `std::locale::id::id() Can anyone tell me why and what the solution is? I have been ploughing through the g++ 3.4.6 release notes to correct template problems and now do not know where to look having come across this problem :( TIA, Pep. Pep wrote: > Our code used to compile happily under g++ 3.3.6 but now that we have > upgraded the compiler to version 3.4.6 our code breaks when linking > with th...

Upgrading from 3.3 to 3.6
I'm just wondering if the upgrade option provided by the boot disk will work. I know reinstallation will work, but of course it's not the option I want. So if I follow the changes listed on the mini-upgrade page, will such a upgrade be possible? Thanks very much. Gary wrote: > I'm just wondering if the upgrade option provided by the boot disk > will > work. I know reinstallation will work, but of course it's not the option I > want. So if I follow the changes listed on the mini-upgrade page, will > such a upgrade be possible? Than...

At 4.3.3.11 installing bos.adt.include 4.3.3.0 wants 4.3.0.0 !
I posted this before but the replies were not helpful so here goes again... I currently have AIX 4.3.3 ML 11 installed with no bos.adt.include fileset present. I want to install Visual Age 4 but it requires bos.adt.include 4.1.0.0 I tried to install a current version, 4.3.3.81 (I think), but it requires 4.3.3.0. I extracted 4.3.3.0 from IBM's Web site but it depends on 4.3.0.0 (which is not available). Is there some way out of this never-ending quest? Thanks, Jeffrey. > I posted this before but the replies were not helpful so here goes again... ??? > I extracted 4.3.3.0 from ...

tkzinc 3.3.4 & 3.3.6+ ?
Hi ! Do anybody know what different between version 3.3.4 and 3.3.6+ ? And, where can I find documentation on tkzinc 3.3.6+ ? Thanks. ...

XEmacs on OpenBSD 3.3 with XFree 4.3.0
Recently i upgraded my XFree86 to version 4.3.0 and shortly after that I noticed that shift + function keys are are interpreted by XEmacs like function keys only. I installed openbsd on the laptop recently so I'm not sure that before XFree upgrade that worked. I've checked some things to locate the problem: - On my desktop machine runnign same version of XFree detects shift preperly. - same on cygwin install. - compiled these versions on the laptop to see if the problem is version specific: - xemacs-21.4.13 - xemacs-21.4.14 - xemacs-21.5-b14 all test are with sam...

Is there a g++ 3.4.3 (or better) binary available for AIX 4.3.3 ?
Have tried compiling gcc/g++ 3.4.3 from the UCLA Web site but after resolving several problems got stuck in building libstdc++.a: Assembler: /tmp//ccYxSLZd.s: line 4674: .set operand undefined or forward reference /tmp//ccYxSLZd.s: line 4675: .set operand undefined or forward reference /tmp//ccYxSLZd.s: line 4705: .set operand undefined or forward reference Any suggestions? TIA Jeffrey j3 wrote: > Have tried compiling gcc/g++ 3.4.3 from the UCLA Web site but after > resolving several problems got stuck in building libstdc++.a: > Assembler: > /tmp//ccYxSLZd...

Web resources about - upgrade from 3.3 to 3.4 - comp.unix.bsd.openbsd.misc

Windows Anytime Upgrade - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Windows Anytime Upgrade (WAU) was an upgrade method offered by Microsoft and selected licensed resellers to users who intended to upgrade their ...

President Obama's Facebook Page Upgrades To Timeline
Yes, we can upgrade to timeline. U.S. President Barack Obama's Facebook page has the new layout.

Four Reasons to Upgrade to the New Share Dialog for iOS
... as friend tagging and privacy controls. 2. A faster and more native sharing experience Pinterest and popular iOS game 4 Pics 1 Word upgraded ...

More Streams: Facebook to Upgrade App Directory, App About Pages Soon
Over 50,000 applications have been added to the Facebook application directory since it first launched two years ago, and Facebook says it’s ...

Search Twitter - upgrade
... here Search Refresh Laura Tobin @ Lauratobin1 2m The only way to get through today is chocolate, I'm going to start small with baby & upgrade ...

Brain Upgrade - Improve Concentration and Relieve Stress! on the App Store on iTunes
Get Brain Upgrade - Improve Concentration and Relieve Stress! on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

upgrade - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
... Flickr. We noticed that you may be using an unsupported browser. All the basics will still work, but to get the most out of Flickr please upgrade ...

How to Upgrade your MacBook PRO to a SSD (Solid State Hard Drive) - YouTube
Follow me on twitter : http://twitter.com/sakitechonline Follow me on facebook: http://goo.gl/R95Pq Website: http://www.sakitechonline.com Create ...