Black & Decker GC200 Gizmo Electric Can Opener, White

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

List Price:$29.99
Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B0006ZY6BS
Best price found: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B0006ZY6BS

We are satisfied with all aspects of this item except (1)
When in process of opening can or container the Blade & Lever assembly
must be held in place.  It is entirely Too Loose and continually
falls out of socket. Suggest you firm this up, to the point it can be removed with a light pull, but not loose enough to fall out.
The manual can opener was not opening cans any more and I needed a good  opener to take it's place, this filled the bill perfectly. Shipping was fast.
This Gizmo has been a disaster, just like the Gemlin character of the same name. Initially, I was very happy to get this can opener.  It looked like quality.  That was the last positive feeling I had about it.
I ordered Gizmo from Amazon.com.  I received Gizmo from OrangeOnions.com.  Since I use Amazon for other things, I am familiar with ordering from them but know they are the middleman.  No problem - for now.
The initial charge takes 24 hours - not a bad exchange for a month's worth of can opening.  The following day, I was ready to open cans.  As I started to attach the Gizmo to the first can, the removable blade (for easy clean-up) fell off. Three times.  After retrieving it three times, I finally got Gizmo attached to the can.  By the way, this is not a light-weight unit, which was proved when I attempted the "hands-off" approach to can opening.  The can tipped over from the weight of the opener, spilling liquid all over my counter.
I grabbed and righted the can before it could hit the floor, removed Gizmo, picked up the blade attachment which fell off, reattached the Gizmo to the can, and watched as it walked around the can.  Since I now had a firm grip on the can to prevent a repeat of (see above), I had to rotate my hand around the can as it was chased (at low speed) by Gizmo.
Ah! The can was open.  Gizmo automatically shut off.  I lifted Gizmo, with can lid attached by the nifty magnetic lid disposer, away from the can.  The blade attachment stayed on the opener - TG.  I was making progress.  Over to the trash can, Gizmo with attached can lid in hand, opened the trash can, pushed the button to release the lid.  Oops.  Pulled the button to release the lid.  Better, but still attached.  Grabbed the lid and pulled.  It came loose, but now I've got bean juice all over my fingers and am holding a sticky lid, and I have defeated the purpose of the "easy-to-release lid disposer."  So, I stuck the lid back onto Gizmo, back over the trash can, and gave a quick yank on the lid release button.  The lid flew off, but, overcoming the laws of physics, came nowhere close to the trash can.  After chasing the lid which had rolled under a counter, and cleaning up the subsequent trail of bean juice, I was done with opening cans for the day.
The next day, I decided that it was my novice experience with Gizmo that was the problem, not the can opener itself.  I decided to use Gizmo to open another can.  After two attempts at fastening Gizmo to the can, and two reattachments of the blade assembly, I had Gizmo ready to go.  One push down on the on-button and... no power.  The battery was dead.  Nothing.  Zip.  Nada!  Note to Black & Decker:  I did NOT get a month's worth of open cans in one day.
Back into the charger (which is still laying on the floor under the wall socket) for another 24 hours.  The next day, I removed Gizmo from the charger, but, having no cans which required opening, I left it laying on the counter.  Another day gone by, and another can to open.  Same attaching routine, same dead battery.  Much darker mood.  I am not having fun.
The note that came with the product said not to return it to place of purchase, but contact Black and Decker.  I did this via B&D's website, customer service.  First, I had to register Gizmo.  Then, I had to write about my Gizmo woes.  A very friendly consumer website, but not really B&D's.  They have another company, Aplica, handling their customer service.  Aplica is Johnny-on-the-spot, though, and in two days I had received a response from them.  They needed all the information that I had just given them while registering Gizmo.  I responded with the requested information.
One more day and Aplica gave me another response.  This one I really did NOT like, and is the specific reason, all other ills aside, I rated this product, and Amazon, and OrangeOnions, so low.  In sending Aplica the product information, I immediately noticed that the model number I ordered (GC200) and the model number I had received (EM100) wasn't the same.  But, I thought, just an inventory glitch, and the product looked exactly like the picture on the website.  Now, however, Aplica informs me that the product model I have is no longer available. In fact, it's not even made any longer.  But, they will send me a new battery and a new charger.  Replace the original stuff, Aplica told me, and see if my (outmoded) Gizmo works.  If it doesn't work, Aplica will provide me with a new, updated, current model.
So, the bottom line is this:  I've been had.  Although the model number shown and ordered is one thing, what I got was something else.  Amazon's fault?  I don't know.  Maybe they just go by what OrangeOnions tells them.  But, somewhere, some body has to take responsibility for duping this particular consumer with an out-of-production model of a supposedly superior walk-around can opener.  And, one that's been in inventory so long that its rechargeable battery won't even charge.
This may have, at one time, been a good can opener.  Even a superior can opener.  A fun can opener, but....  Bad business, Amazon.  And, one I cannot recommend to my family, friends, and neighbors, or anyone reading this review. Thumbs down, Roger!
THIS CAN OPENER IS GREAT AND SO EASY TO USE.  MY HANDS HAVE SOME ARTHRITIS MAKING THE MANUAL AND SOME OTHER OPENERS DIFFICULT TO USE.  THIS IS SO SIMPLE; I DON'T USE THE MOUNT.  LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!!  WISH I HAD BOUGHT ONE SOONER.
I love this gadget. It is the best can opener you will ever find. Unlike the "as seen on TV One-touch type" the Gizmo actually attaches easily to cans (ANY size) and is super easy to clean. I have both models, the under cabinet type and the plug in recharger type. Kids have NO TROUBLE using it, another reason I was never happy with other brands.
These have SAVED my aching hands! I could never find an electric can opener that worked well enough (and they were always so hard to clean) so I always used the hand operated. I will NEVER go back to that or any other electric brand... especially since it's made by Black & Decker. I highly recommend it and gave several as gifts for the holidays last year.
Black & Decker Gizmo electric can opener in white.  Includes power pierce cutter, removable blade, cordless operation, auto off, hands-free operation, opens big and tall cans, mountable, batter charger and no-touch lid removal.
Offering three storage options, this cleverly designed appliance is not only convenient, it turns the chore of opening cans into a hands-free operation that's as fun as it is effective. The opener is cordless so it goes anywhere, eliminating the need to carry a can to a countertop or mounted electric opener. Simply clamp the opener onto any size can and let go of the soft-grip top. The opener then walks around the can on its own, shutting off automatically when the can is open. A swing-out magnet lifts the lid free. The opener is lightweight and recharges in a compact, 6-3/4-by-5-1/2-inch plastic charging base that can be mounted on a wall (mounting hardware included), set on the counter, or placed in a drawer. For easy cleaning, the removable, stainless-steel blade is dishwasher-safe. --Fred Brack

SIMILAR PRODUCTS:

 Black & Decker GM200 Gizmo Mixer, White:http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B000220JZM
 Black & Decker GC200 Gizmo  Can Opener, White:http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B00005MF94
 Black & Decker KEC600 Cordless Can Opener, White:http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B00005MF9Q
 Black and Decker Gizmo Plus Cordless Can Opener:http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B000TJQP5G
 Felknor Ventures 82506 Topsy Turvy Upside-Down Tomato Planter:http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B0001WYNP0
0
Reply Alday (1) 5/21/2009 11:22:41 AM

See related articles to this posting

comp.unix.programmer 10635 articles. 64 followers. Post

Black & Decker GC200 Gizmo Electric Can Opener, White
List Price:$29.99 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B0006ZY6BS Best price found: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B0006ZY6BS We are satisfied with all aspects of this item except (1) When in process of opening can or container the Blade & Lever assembly must be held in place. It is entirely Too Loose and continually falls out of socket. Suggest you firm this up, to the point it can be removed with a light pull, but not loose enough to fall out. The manual can opener was not opening cans any more and I needed a good opener to take it's place, this filled t...

Black&Decker Can Opener with Knife Sharpener
List Price:$25.99 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B0012HNIG8 Best price found: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B0012HNIG8 Features: Power-pierce cutter with auto-off. Removable cutter for easy cleaning. Built-in knife sharpener. ...

Black & Decker 2-Slice Toaster
List Price:$17.99 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B000UWFHKQ Best price found: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B000UWFHKQ Black & Decker, 2 Slice Toaster, White With Stainless Steel Accents Electronic Toaster, Bagel, Cancel, Defrost, Extra Lift, Extra Wide Slots, Self Adjusting Bread Guides. ...

Black & Decker T3500 2-Slice Toaster, White
List Price:$29.99 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B000F8L41G Best price found: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B000F8L41G Great product, excellent toaster from a long-trusted name, Black & Decker. The toaster is everything it was represented to be: high quality, convenient features and ease of operation! The price was right! The quick service, the wide range of products available, and ease of shopping online made our choice of not only this particular product right, but the choice of Amazon.com right as well. I would highly recommend this toaster to anyone...

Black & Decker BLC12650H Cyclone 12-Speed Horizontal Blender, White
List Price:$45.99 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B001AX4OLC Best price found: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B001AX4OLC Ice fruit coffee beans beware There¿s a cyclone on the way, and it¿s going to pulverize, chop, blend and mix anything that gets in its path. With the Cyclone blender, all the conditions are right. Its 650 watts of peak power work in conjunction with a unique contoured jar design and 4-plane blades to create a cyclone you can see, and results that will impress ACCESSORIES: APPLICA - B&D ProBlend SS B...

Black & Decker CK1500R Cordless Electric 57-1/2-Ounce Dome Kettle, Red
List Price:$59.99 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B001BOIIM6 Best price found: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B001BOIIM6 I am very happy with my new Black & Decker Cordless Electric Kettle. I was worried about whether I'd like the color, but this is the prettiest RED I've seen in a long time. Kettle works like a dream and I can have a cup of tea or coffee in no time. Best buy I've made in a while. (Jim's wife) I love this kettle! I received it as a birthday gift and I absolutely love it! Perfect size for just me or if I'm having a few...

Lexmark Z735 INJET PRINTER-can't print in black & White.
I've just bought this cheap printer primarily to print the norma stuff-documents, essays, etc. I've tried to set it to print black an white and there don't seem to be a setting for this. Has anyone go this printer nad has managed to print in black and white -- bernard8950 ...

Convert Black&White to Red&White?
After I have converted a photo to line art (Black and White 1-bit depth), can I convert it to full color but where all the black pixels get turned into a color of my choice, like pure red? or blue? or yellow? I would want all the white pixels to stay white, of course. If there is a way, could someone show me which tabs and options it would be under? littleberry Good morning, Is you ultimate for to designate a spot color in order to color separate and what application will you ultimately be working in? <davsf@neto.com> wrote in message news:1142996311.673913.88850@i40g2000cwc.googl...

Black &amp; Decker 4-Slice Toaster
List Price:$29.99 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B000FBZLU8 Best price found: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B000FBZLU8 We have several of these toasters at work. They are a disaster. The worst part is that they are S-L-O-W. I mean glacier slow. If this toaster was any slower you would need to start your morning toast the night before. Of course even that wouldn't work since you often need to press the lever several times to get the toast done even on the darkest setting. This is true for all three of these we have at work, so I know we didn't just g...

Black &amp; Decker JS700K 5.5 Amp Top Handle Jigsaw
Price:$121.65 Image: http://thediscountlocator.info/image.php?id=B0002ZU73S Best deal: http://thediscountlocator.info/index.php?id=B0002ZU73S I've not use extensivly yet, but it seems to be a very good product. All in all this a very good saw. The orbital cutting action with the variable speed is a big improvement over my old straight cutting jig saw. I got this tool about six months ago and it has performed wonderfully for me. I'm always suspicious of combination tools as most of them have serious problems and many of them do nothing well, having succumbed to the "jack ...

Black & White crack & serial
Download Black & White crack & serial http://crack.00bp.com/BlackWhitecrackserial.html ...

Black &amp; Decker 12" Skillet
List Price:$49.99 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B000MIIWX2 Best price found: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B000MIIWX2 I was initially drawn to this electric skillet because of its capacity and after using it for two months, I'm still really pleased with that aspect of it. However, I'm really disappointed with the vast temperature difference from one end to the other and can't even make pancakes in it because of how easily one end will burn before the pancakes can cook through on the other end. Even if I start the "cool end" first, I'...

Epson R300 & Black & White prints
I've recently got am Epson R300, primarily for printing photos and I'm very pleased with the results so far. However, I've got quite a few old black and white photos which I want to scan and reprint on the R300. The trouble is the printer actually seems to be producing the print by printing in colour, using all the ink cartridges - giving a slightly brownish tinge (and presumably using up a lot of ink in the process). Is there any way I can get it to print using just the black ink? Nodge "Nodge" <me@nospam.com> wrote in message news:eJyHd.144$s...

Factory-Reconditioned Black &amp; decker 7.0 Amp 1/2" VSR Drill/Driver DR550
Price:$47.99 Image: http://discountadvisors.info/image.php?id=B00283CAFA Best deal: http://discountadvisors.info/index.php?id=B00283CAFA This is a factory reconditioned product. Reconditioned generally means that the tool has been returned to the manufacturer, who brings the product back to like new condition. Some products may contain cosmetic blemishes. Includes 7.0 Amp 1/2" VSR Drill/Driver - DR550R, (1) Chuck Key and Holder, (1) Side Handle ...

Black &amp; Decker SF100 Wood Stud Finder
Price:$18.16 Image: http://thediscounfinder.info/image.php?id=B00020JOFA Best deal: http://thediscounfinder.info/index.php?id=B00020JOFA It just doesn't work... plain and simple. Believe me, I've tried EVERYTHING I can think of to get this thing to work, and it just randomly says it finds a stud, where no stud exists. Go back over the same spot and it does say there's a stud there... totally random. What a horrible product. I have got false alrams from this device that there studs and never find it accuratley. I was surprised this is one of the Black and Decker product. I...

Black &amp; Decker VF100 DustBuster Replacement Filter
List Price:$20.10 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B0002U34HY Best price found: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B0002U34HY With kids my dustbuster gets constant use and it definitely improved the power of the dustbuster, cheerios get swept up alot faster now and it saves me a few extra minutes. I don't have to keep going over the same spot to pick them up. Replacing filters keep everything running smooth, I've also replaced my vacuum ones and don't forget the ones in your home heating/ac system, everything requires maintenance....eve...

Black &amp; Decker VF72 Replacement Filter Set
List Price:$4.36 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B000LNV4U6 Best price found: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B000LNV4U6 The cost of this replacement filter with shipping and handling included is almost as much as the wet/dry vac originally cost! Replacement filter set for model No. CHV7250 Wet & Dry Dustbuster cordless hand vac. ...

Black &amp; Decker BDTM250 Laser Tape Measure
Price:$35.79 Image: http://thediscountguru.info/image.php?id=B000EGI2S2 Best deal: http://thediscountguru.info/index.php?id=B000EGI2S2 The tape measure works great but the laser is not as bright as we would think. If you use it outdoors it is pointless. It can only be used in a room that does not have direct light. take your time and look to see what other products are out there that does the same thing, or more. i not happy with this at all. The laser line is just not precise enough for most work. Squaring the tape measure to the board you're working on is not accurat...

Black &amp; Decker 9074CTN 3.6-volt Screwdriver
Price:$29.03 Image: http://specialdealfinder.info/image.php?id=B0000302UJ Best deal: http://specialdealfinder.info/index.php?id=B0000302UJ Was looking for a replacement for my last generation B&D rechargeable screwdrivers. Those drivers are one of the most used tools in the house. The previous ones had charger/holders that you could lay the screwdriver on when needing recharge or just to store. This one has a regular 'wall wart' converter with a typical +- Combo plug that you plug directly into the driver. Not bad, but not a charger/holder like the previous models. Also diff...

can not open &#8220;embedded matlab function&#8221;
Hi,there. last night, i built a embedded matlab function in a simulink model, and it worked well. but today, when i try to run it again, it doest work. i cannot open embedded matlab function. so i have to rebuilt that function. i am sure i didnot modify the function last night. i have faced this problem many times. anyone know why this happens ? Many thanks lucy "Li " <mdeng1985@gmail.com> wrote in message <h8m1h5$j66$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hi,there. > > last night, i built a embedded matlab function in a simulink model, and it worked well. but...

Black & White & Color Blank Photo Cards to buy
http://www.zazzle.com/contributors/home/default.asp?cid=238205541313640257 ...

Black &amp; Decker Handy Steamer® and Rice Cooker
List Price:$38.73 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B000E226GA Best price found: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B000E226GA Delivered when promised. Had our old handy steamer for 15 years until the element burned out. We loved it. This is a little larger. Still makes perfect rice every time and great fresh steamed vegetables. Haven't really used the flavor screen. Could do without it. I must use this at least once a week. It steams veggies and rice perfectly! It only misses a five star rating because I wish it was easier to steam several items together, a...

Black &amp; Decker JE1500 Fruit and Vegetable Juice Extractor
List Price:$63.49 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B000QA2H1E Best price found: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B000QA2H1E In the mood for some Carrot, Celery, and Pear juice? No problem at all if you've got the Black & Decker JE1500 Fruit and Vegetable Juice Extractor. Enjoy the delicious flavors & nutritious value of juices from fresh fruit and vegetables - any time you want. This powerful juicer's one-handed operation extracts pulp-free juice in minutes. The clear cover shows you the juicing process - start to finish. Dishwasher-safe, removab...

Black &amp; Decker 7662B OPP Single Speed Jigsaw
Price:$39.65 Image: http://discountadvisors.info/image.php?id=B000XUGOJ8 Best deal: http://discountadvisors.info/index.php?id=B000XUGOJ8 Dust blower removes debris from the cut line. Blade support roller for acurate cutting. Blades storage compartment for extra blades. 3.2A, 3200 SPM. ACCESSORIES: DEWALT D180004 Bi-Metal Door Lock Installation Kit:http://discountadvisors.info/index.php?id=B000BOPE56 ...

Black &amp; Decker 10-Cup Food Processor
List Price:$39.99 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B000HGBY2A Best price found: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B000HGBY2A Directions for this food processor are not clear. Unless you get the container in EXACTLY the right position, it will not operate. Truly annoying. I was surprised to see so many negative reviews here, though nearly all of them seem to be the result of user error. The quality of the pieces is fantastic compared to all other machines I've seen in this price range and once I got it home I was thrilled with its performance. It'...