Black & Decker GC200 Gizmo Electric Can Opener, White

List Price:$29.99
Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B0006ZY6BS
Best price found: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B0006ZY6BS

We are satisfied with all aspects of this item except (1)
When in process of opening can or container the Blade & Lever assembly
must be held in place.  It is entirely Too Loose and continually
falls out of socket. Suggest you firm this up, to the point it can be removed with a light pull, but not loose enough to fall out.
The manual can opener was not opening cans any more and I needed a good  opener to take it's place, this filled the bill perfectly. Shipping was fast.
This Gizmo has been a disaster, just like the Gemlin character of the same name. Initially, I was very happy to get this can opener.  It looked like quality.  That was the last positive feeling I had about it.
I ordered Gizmo from Amazon.com.  I received Gizmo from OrangeOnions.com.  Since I use Amazon for other things, I am familiar with ordering from them but know they are the middleman.  No problem - for now.
The initial charge takes 24 hours - not a bad exchange for a month's worth of can opening.  The following day, I was ready to open cans.  As I started to attach the Gizmo to the first can, the removable blade (for easy clean-up) fell off. Three times.  After retrieving it three times, I finally got Gizmo attached to the can.  By the way, this is not a light-weight unit, which was proved when I attempted the "hands-off" approach to can opening.  The can tipped over from the weight of the opener, spilling liquid all over my counter.
I grabbed and righted the can before it could hit the floor, removed Gizmo, picked up the blade attachment which fell off, reattached the Gizmo to the can, and watched as it walked around the can.  Since I now had a firm grip on the can to prevent a repeat of (see above), I had to rotate my hand around the can as it was chased (at low speed) by Gizmo.
Ah! The can was open.  Gizmo automatically shut off.  I lifted Gizmo, with can lid attached by the nifty magnetic lid disposer, away from the can.  The blade attachment stayed on the opener - TG.  I was making progress.  Over to the trash can, Gizmo with attached can lid in hand, opened the trash can, pushed the button to release the lid.  Oops.  Pulled the button to release the lid.  Better, but still attached.  Grabbed the lid and pulled.  It came loose, but now I've got bean juice all over my fingers and am holding a sticky lid, and I have defeated the purpose of the "easy-to-release lid disposer."  So, I stuck the lid back onto Gizmo, back over the trash can, and gave a quick yank on the lid release button.  The lid flew off, but, overcoming the laws of physics, came nowhere close to the trash can.  After chasing the lid which had rolled under a counter, and cleaning up the subsequent trail of bean juice, I was done with opening cans for the day.
The next day, I decided that it was my novice experience with Gizmo that was the problem, not the can opener itself.  I decided to use Gizmo to open another can.  After two attempts at fastening Gizmo to the can, and two reattachments of the blade assembly, I had Gizmo ready to go.  One push down on the on-button and... no power.  The battery was dead.  Nothing.  Zip.  Nada!  Note to Black & Decker:  I did NOT get a month's worth of open cans in one day.
Back into the charger (which is still laying on the floor under the wall socket) for another 24 hours.  The next day, I removed Gizmo from the charger, but, having no cans which required opening, I left it laying on the counter.  Another day gone by, and another can to open.  Same attaching routine, same dead battery.  Much darker mood.  I am not having fun.
The note that came with the product said not to return it to place of purchase, but contact Black and Decker.  I did this via B&D's website, customer service.  First, I had to register Gizmo.  Then, I had to write about my Gizmo woes.  A very friendly consumer website, but not really B&D's.  They have another company, Aplica, handling their customer service.  Aplica is Johnny-on-the-spot, though, and in two days I had received a response from them.  They needed all the information that I had just given them while registering Gizmo.  I responded with the requested information.
One more day and Aplica gave me another response.  This one I really did NOT like, and is the specific reason, all other ills aside, I rated this product, and Amazon, and OrangeOnions, so low.  In sending Aplica the product information, I immediately noticed that the model number I ordered (GC200) and the model number I had received (EM100) wasn't the same.  But, I thought, just an inventory glitch, and the product looked exactly like the picture on the website.  Now, however, Aplica informs me that the product model I have is no longer available. In fact, it's not even made any longer.  But, they will send me a new battery and a new charger.  Replace the original stuff, Aplica told me, and see if my (outmoded) Gizmo works.  If it doesn't work, Aplica will provide me with a new, updated, current model.
So, the bottom line is this:  I've been had.  Although the model number shown and ordered is one thing, what I got was something else.  Amazon's fault?  I don't know.  Maybe they just go by what OrangeOnions tells them.  But, somewhere, some body has to take responsibility for duping this particular consumer with an out-of-production model of a supposedly superior walk-around can opener.  And, one that's been in inventory so long that its rechargeable battery won't even charge.
This may have, at one time, been a good can opener.  Even a superior can opener.  A fun can opener, but....  Bad business, Amazon.  And, one I cannot recommend to my family, friends, and neighbors, or anyone reading this review. Thumbs down, Roger!
THIS CAN OPENER IS GREAT AND SO EASY TO USE.  MY HANDS HAVE SOME ARTHRITIS MAKING THE MANUAL AND SOME OTHER OPENERS DIFFICULT TO USE.  THIS IS SO SIMPLE; I DON'T USE THE MOUNT.  LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!!  WISH I HAD BOUGHT ONE SOONER.
I love this gadget. It is the best can opener you will ever find. Unlike the "as seen on TV One-touch type" the Gizmo actually attaches easily to cans (ANY size) and is super easy to clean. I have both models, the under cabinet type and the plug in recharger type. Kids have NO TROUBLE using it, another reason I was never happy with other brands.
These have SAVED my aching hands! I could never find an electric can opener that worked well enough (and they were always so hard to clean) so I always used the hand operated. I will NEVER go back to that or any other electric brand... especially since it's made by Black & Decker. I highly recommend it and gave several as gifts for the holidays last year.
Black & Decker Gizmo electric can opener in white.  Includes power pierce cutter, removable blade, cordless operation, auto off, hands-free operation, opens big and tall cans, mountable, batter charger and no-touch lid removal.
Offering three storage options, this cleverly designed appliance is not only convenient, it turns the chore of opening cans into a hands-free operation that's as fun as it is effective. The opener is cordless so it goes anywhere, eliminating the need to carry a can to a countertop or mounted electric opener. Simply clamp the opener onto any size can and let go of the soft-grip top. The opener then walks around the can on its own, shutting off automatically when the can is open. A swing-out magnet lifts the lid free. The opener is lightweight and recharges in a compact, 6-3/4-by-5-1/2-inch plastic charging base that can be mounted on a wall (mounting hardware included), set on the counter, or placed in a drawer. For easy cleaning, the removable, stainless-steel blade is dishwasher-safe. --Fred Brack

SIMILAR PRODUCTS:

 Black & Decker GM200 Gizmo Mixer, White:http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B000220JZM
 Black & Decker GC200 Gizmo  Can Opener, White:http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B00005MF94
 Black & Decker KEC600 Cordless Can Opener, White:http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B00005MF9Q
 Black and Decker Gizmo Plus Cordless Can Opener:http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B000TJQP5G
 Felknor Ventures 82506 Topsy Turvy Upside-Down Tomato Planter:http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B0001WYNP0
0
Alday (1)
5/21/2009 11:22:41 AM
comp.unix.programmer 10733 articles. 0 followers. kokososo56 (349) is leader. Post Follow

How can I open a file, skip first 2 lines and get the 50th character?
How can I open a file, skip first 2 lines and get the 50th character? EXP 0 R:\000\un\111\e00\e00noLog\1006\bdry_arc.e00 ARC 2 1 1 0 0 0 0 7 i.e., I want to get the "7" in the third line, how can I do that? thx!! "FrancisC" <francischeng@hong-kong.crosswinds.net> wrote in message news:bm52m9$2v8d$1@news.hgc.com.hk... > How can I open a file, skip first 2 lines and get the 50th character? > > EXP 0 R:\000\un\111\e00\e00noLog\1006\bdry_arc.e00 > ARC 2 > 1 1 0 ...

ODS MARKUP: prevent &NBSP from breaking into &AMP;NBSP
Hi, guys. =20 I create an html file with ODS MARKUP. I'm trying to inject blank spaces but &NBSP translates into &AMP;NBSP; =20 Any ideas how to fix it? =20 Thanks. =20 Here's my code: =20 ods path(prepend) work.template(update); =20 =20 options fmtsearch=3D(tfmt_a42.formats work library) ls=3D250; =20 =20 proc template; define tagset tagsets.test; parent=3Dtagsets.htmlcss; define event table; start: put "<div align=3Dcenter>" ; put "<table "; putq " border=3D" ...

SAS Global Universal Enterprise Wide Guide & Warner-Brothers & Paramount DS Studio For R & PERL
Hi SAS-Lrs, Tongue and Cheek I think it is good idea for SAS programmers to keep up with R and PERL. I was flaberghasted at the almost 1 gig interface to R, so I wrote a little 500 byte interface. I like to run PERL and R from the SAS program Editor. You just put your code in sequential SAS put statements and send it off to R. R reads SAS V5 export datasets and can return a dbf(with 19 digit accuracy) Here is the code /* SAS Global Universal Eterprise Wide & Warner-Brothers and Paramount DS Studio For R & PERL */ /* Produced by Xlr82sas in Association Mount Everest Enterprises an...

Symposium "Image Processing and Data Visualization" within the SEECCM 2009, Greece
(Our apologies for cross-posting. We appreciate if you kindly distribute this information by your co- workers and colleagues.) *************************************************************************** Symposium =93Image Processing and Data Visualization=94 2nd South-East European Conference on Computational Mechanics (SEECCM 2009) Island of Rhodes, Greece, 22-24 June 2009 http://www.seeccm2009.org (A special interest conference of the European Community on Computational Methods in Applied Sciences (ECCOMAS) and of the International Association for Computational Mechanics (IACM)) *********...

lvm & scsi query
I need a confirmation on this. do you need an operating system on scsi id 0 in order to boot as compared to an operating system on scsi id 1 to boot? I don't think I asked that question too well. :( i've problems with lvm setup with the 2 scsi drives with regards to booting. it was certainly easier to set the drives up under the old Fdisk. :( I don't recall LVM giving me this much trouble since this iteration came out. btw,I'm using warp 4.52 cp. Servus dilbert! df> From: dilbert firestorm <scanb31@bytemeati-55.com> df> do you ne...

can't import TIME type w/mysqlimport
Hi - I'm using server 5.0.19 on kernel 2.6.9.11. I was trying to use mysqlimport to import from a local file into a table. It kept barfing on a time field. So just to isolate the problem, i reformatted the file to contain only records as follows: 2006-03-13,09:13:26 2006-03-13,10:16:02 when i select * from the table i can see that only the dates were imported, but not the time. this is the SQL command I used to create the table: CREATE TABLE datetime (date DATE, time TIME, INDEX(date), INDEX(time)); any suggestions? <cartine@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1142522190.019797...

FAQ 8.32 How can I write expect in Perl? 434523
This is an excerpt from the latest version perlfaq8.pod, which comes with the standard Perl distribution. These postings aim to reduce the number of repeated questions as well as allow the community to review and update the answers. The latest version of the complete perlfaq is at http://faq.perl.org . -------------------------------------------------------------------- 8.32: How can I write expect in Perl? Once upon a time, there was a library called chat2.pl (part of the standard perl distribution), which never really got finished. If you find it somewhere, *don&#...

Call for Papers: The 4th Colloquium on Signal Processing & Its Applications
Dear Sir/Madam, The Advanced Signal Processing (ASP) Research Group, Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM) and UiTM IEEE Student Branch, are proud to announce The 4th International Colloquium on Signal Processing and its Applications (CSPA 2008) which will be held at the beautiful and vibrant city of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, on 7th - 9th March 2008. The colloquium will provide an excellent platform for knowledge exchange between researchers, scientists, academicians and engineers working in the areas of automation, process, scientific ...

Spartan 3
Hello, In another topic, I discovered that there was no internal 3-state buffer. So, how should I do it if I have let's say 1 master and n slaves on a bus. The master puts an address, and then can either read or write from the slave. 1 bi-dir bus don't seem like a good choice ... So with a din & dout from the master : No problem for dout, only the masters drivers it. But for din, multiples slaves would like to drive it ... I could use a multiplexer for din but it mayu grow quickly ... What's the common way of doing this ? The context is a PCI target core that translates ...

epson black cartridges
Hello i have an Epson color stylus 740. No low ink levels are flashing but I am not printing black. I have two old black cartridges and wondering how I might clean/clear them to work. Before I start swabbing things I figured I'd ask the experts! Running on Mac OSX which is a major hurdle in itself. I do not see headcleaning utility. Dan "Dan S" <archicast@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:archicast-241762.12512802082008@bignews.bellsouth.net... > Hello > i have an Epson color stylus 740. No low ink levels are flashing but I > am not p...

&#1087;&#1088;&#1086;&#1089;&#1090;&#1080;&#1090;&#1091;&#1090;&#1082;&#1080; &#1089; #2
'[image: http://spy-soft-phone.com/sosihuy/1891.jpg ]' (http://93.174.88.196/kupit-putanu.php) &#1069;&#1090;&#1080;&#1093; &#1076;&#1074;&#1086;&#1080;&#1093; &#1084;&#1099; &#1089;&#1077;&#1075;&#1086;&#1076;&#1085;&#1103; &#1078;&#1077; &#1083;&#1080;&#1082;&#1074;&#1080;&#1076;&#1080;&#1088;&#1091;&#1077;&#1084;, &#1072; &#1074;&#1077;&#1097;&#1076;&#1086;&#1082;&#1080; &#1087;&#1088;&#1080;&#1076;&...

i can't start my matlab
when i start matlab there is an error message and i can t use matlab the message is: microsoft visual c++ runtime library runtime error! program:c\Apllications\matlab7\bin\win32 \matlab.exe this application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information please help me ...

!Cheapest & Latest Software For Technical Analysis! #9
You may read full description for all this software at: http://technical.traders.com/Products/home.asp 1.Advanced Get EOD v7.7 build 324 (including manual) - (the latest!) 2.Advanced GET Real-Time for Tradestation2000 v1.3 Build 396 - the latest! 3.AIR Software's "Financial Trader for Windows" 4.ASCTrend Pro v3.03 (the latest! - 5/30/03) 5.BestChoice Software v4.20 6.Biocomp Profit 2003 Professional 7.Cynthia Kase Statware Systems for Tradestation2000i (http://www.kaseco.com) 8.Drummond Indicators + manual 9.Dynamic Trader Education Series 10.Dynamic Trader Trading Examples 11....

Presentation & Analysis of Test Results
Hello, Does anyone know of software tools focused on presentation and analysis of test results? I already have a test engine that runs test scripts and returns results (XML or CSV format). I need something that does the following: 1. Parse the test results and present them through a convenient interface 2. Interface has drill-down links to additional data (eg: debug data captured on test failure) 3. Lets users to analyse test results over time. For eg, differences across systems, failure rates for different software components, runtime variances, etc. Basically, facilitates slicing 'n...

Musatov exposes R.S.A. vulnerability: Blue highlight black text truncates black background text turning it white black foreground text remains in field.
505152535455565758595a5b5c5d5e5f606162636465666768696a6b6c6d6e6f7071 72737475767778797a7b7c7d7e7f808182838485868788898a8b8c8d8e8f909192939495969 798999a9b9c9d9e9fa0a1a2a3a4a5a6a7a8a9aaabacadaeafb0b1b2b3 505152535455565758595a5b5c5d5e5f606162HMAC/SHA-256 Large Correct: Superposition of lines 1 and 4 will correct R.S.A. example: http://il8n.co/test.html ...

[Uniface-L] Uniface 8 & mysql
Hello there I am trying to Uniface8 with MySql database, and need some help to get connection. Uniface8 is on Windows Xp, mysql database in Red Hat Linux 9.1. Uniface's ini-file dbms.asn looks like this: ------------------------------------------------------- ; Development database [DRIVER_SETTINGS] SOL U3.3 MQL U1.0 USYS$MQL_PARAMS=engine : innodb [PATHS] $SOL SOL:shmem U_DEV:|uniface|eight $MQL MQL:ferrari:dbname|user|passwd $SYS $SOL $UUU $SYS $IDF $SYS $DEF $MQL ------------------------------------------------------- After maki...

Can't get [font -underline] and [font -overstrike] to work (Tk 8.5.7)
Hello all, I can't get any font displayed as underlined or overstrike[*]. I'm using Tk 8.5.7 under Linux (SuSE 11.0). What could be wrong? Are others experiencing the same? (the font chooser at http://wiki.tcl.tk/3896 can display all the available fonts for you if you wish). Thanks in advance, Erik Leunissen [*] B.t.w. what's the correct spelling for the past participle associated with "overstrike"? -- leunissen@ nl | Merge the left part of these two lines into one, e. hccnet. | respecting a character's position in a line. On Oct 4, 10...

Webinar: Tips & Tricks for Segmentation (Targeting/Profiling/Classification)
Webinar: Tips & Tricks for Segmentation (Targeting/Profiling/Classification= ) Registration: http://hubs.ly/y0ZfkV0 *Alternative link: http://info.salford-systems.com/customer-segmentation-we= binar July 21, 10AM - 11AM PDT * If the time is inconvenient, please register and we will send you a recor= ding. Abstract: Segmentation (Targeting, Profiling, Classification) is the proce= ss of dividing a database into distinct groups of individuals who share com= mon characteristics. This is readily accomplished using modern data mining= and machine learning techniques. The m...

networking windows & linux
Hi, My network consists of Windows & Linux machines. I want to write an application (which runs on a Windows machine) to discover all the other machines in the network. What's the best way to go about? Thanks in advance, Regards, steve steve <hawkins@rediffmail.com> wrote: > My network consists of Windows & Linux machines. I want to write an > application (which runs on a Windows machine) to discover all the > other machines in the network. What's the best way to go about? depends, can you change settings for these machines? what do you have to know about the...

ITC Throws Out B&N Antitrust Claims Against MS
<http://yro.slashdot.org/story/12/02/01/1541208/itc-throws-out-bn-antitrust-claims-against-ms> <quote> "Barnes & Noble's primary line of defense against Microsoft's allegations of patent infringement by the bookseller's Android-based devices has collapsed in its entirety. An Administrative Law Judge at the ITC today granted a Microsoft motion to dismiss, even ahead of the evidentiary trial that will start next Monday (February 6), Barnes & Noble's 'patent misuse' defense against Microsoft. [...] Prior to the ALJ, the ITC staff — or more precise...

Sell Black Currant Extract Powder(Ribes nigrum)
The Black currant (Ribes nigrum) is a species of currant native to central and northern Europe and northern Asia. The small deep-purple seeds that have a sour flavor are rich in many ingredients that are known to be used in health foods such as polyphenol, gla and omega-3 of essential fatty acids and vitamins. It is also rich in minerals that the people of today tend to lack in their ordinal diet, such as potassium and calcium, and provides a good balance of various nutrients. Black Currant Extract Powder has been well-known in folk medicine throughout the world, for they're linked to an ...

Saving Email Messages as PDFs & Macros
I want to be able to save email messages as PDF files. What software do I need to do this? And- is it something where I do a 'save as' on each message, or, 'print to' and select the Adobe Printer/PDF driver? I am using Outlook XP. Also- IF that is possible- can I create a macro to do all that for me- so all I need to do is hit a button, and type in a file name/choose a destination folder and I'm all done? Thanks On 24 Mar 2006 09:08:51 -0800, azspecter@... wrote in comp.text.pdf: >I want to be able to save email messages as PDF files. What software do >I need t...

Where can I find Mk4py.dll for python24 ?
I installed the new release and I have not been able to make work metakit. Please give me some help to enjoy metakit and python 24. Thanks Jose Rivera wrote: > I installed the new release and I have not been able to make work metakit. > > Please give me some help to enjoy metakit and python 24. Repeating your request every 10 minutes is not likely to get you help quicker. On the contrary, it's more likely to make people ignore your threads. Wait patiently, and if someone knows the answer to your question, it's quite likely that they'll answer it. Steve I do...

(206) US-WA-Seattle: Senior QA Tester- 2 openings (44369)
********************************************************************** This job posting is brought to you by ISHUNTER.COM, offering computer jobs for programmers, engineers, systems analysts, network administrators and other high technology professionals. Search over 3,000 IS/IT jobs in the United States by clicking on http://www.ISHunter.com ********************************************************************** Title ...... Senior QA Tester- 2 openings Skills ..... Testing exp, Test Director or equivalent tool Location ... Seattle, WA Area Code .. 206 Term ..........

weird black bars
Anyone know what might cause those weird black bars? http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z449/m75214/011712175912.jpg Le 18/01/2012 04:33, bob a �crit : > Anyone know what might cause those weird black bars? > > http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z449/m75214/011712175912.jpg Hi I would say: a problem with the loading of the texture "cherries" (or even the texture file himself, as there is no problem with the display of the other ones). Hope this helps Cathy L. On Jan 18, 4:33=A0am, bob <b...@coolfone.comze.com> wrote: > Anyone know what might cause those weir...