control LPT port (activate a LED)

I have a problem: I tried to control a LED light via the LPT port. I never
had a problem doing that under Win32. Now I tried to do it under FreeBSD.
But I found no way to get it working.
I already googled for it and asked some other german newsgroups.
the lastest idea was to enter
'echo 1 > /dev/lpt0'
but it always returns "device busy".

so my question is: how can I put a high-signal of one of the eight
data-lines.

Thank you,
Thomas Lindner

0
Thomas
10/13/2003 5:45:28 PM
comp.unix.programmer 10765 articles. 0 followers. kokososo56 (349) is leader. Post Follow

Parallel Port LED Controlling
Hi All! I need to control LED's connected to the parallel port using delphi 6.0 But I dont know how to... Please help me. Thanx in advance.. ZLPortIO http://www.specosoft.com/en/zlportio.html On 14 Feb 2006 11:49:14 -0800, "aizly" <cipot_cheeport@yahoo.com> wrote: >I need to control LED's connected to the parallel port using delphi 6.0 ...

LPT port / Single bit control?
Hi ALL &nbsp; It is possible to control&nbsp;the 8-bit LPT port (parallel port)&nbsp;by Single bit control&nbsp;(.?? &nbsp; Regards, Steve Hi If you mean by single bit control you can always use a read modify write of the parrallel data.&nbsp; i.e if you want to modify bit 3 then you read the LPT port (8 bits) then Exclusively OR it with 8'b00001000.&nbsp; That would then flip bit 3.&nbsp; Or if you want to read a specific bit just mask it with the appropriate number etc. Craig Hi craigc, &nbsp; You are right but it always need to send the 8 bit patter...

Parallel Port LED Controlling #2
Hi All! I need to control LED's connected to the parallel port using delphi 6.0 But I dont know how to... Please help me. Thanx in advance.. aizly ...

Ports....Ports....Ports...
I have a linksys WRT54G wireless access point and I have't been able to get voice communications using Windows Messenger or Buddy Talk. With a direct PPOE connection to my isp they voice items worked fine. What ports need to be forwarded to allow for voice? Thanx, Grumpy On Fri, 08 Aug 2003 15:05:30 GMT, William Harper spoketh >I have a linksys WRT54G wireless access point and I have't been able to get >voice communications using Windows Messenger or Buddy Talk. With a direct >PPOE connection to my isp they voice items worked fine. What ports need to >be forwarded...

Win Controls and control activation
It's probably me being stoopid, but --. I create a new window with menu, caption, and all. Inside this window I create my own control (a simple text edit). If the main window is activated, it activates this control in turn; menu messages are handled in my own control (which ???s me, actually). This system *breaks* whenever I call up, say, an Open dialog, and close this: my own control is not re-activated. What is the magic sequence? Should I always check in the main windows' msg loop if it's activated, and then "manually" activate my own? [Jongware] ...

Vdd control with a serial port PIC programmer
I am building a serial port programmer for low end PICs (specifically for the 16F84 and 16F628). I notice in the PIC programming spec that Vdd is supposed to be controlled - i.e.brought up to +5 AFTER /MCLR is brought up to +13v in order to prevent the PIC from executing code while it is being brought into programmng mode. The critical time would be during the /MCLR transition from +5 to +13v. I realize this requirement is most critical when the PIC is not crystal controlled; however, the 16F628 may be run in RC mode so this could qualify as a problem PIC. Since the RS232 port has only has ...

Programmers, Programmers, Programmers, ...
As Steve Balmer correctly stated, while making his monkey dance, it is applications and hence programmers that make a platform. The fact though is that if you want to do professional programming, then Linux is the platform for you. I know that this statement will get the heckels up on a lot of trolls in C.O.L.A, but I have a recent experience that proves this. I am currently working for a Windows only house producing a system that receives and transmits around 1000 telegrams per second in each direction on a UDP socket, translates them into a different format and creates a log entry for each ...

Porter/Programmer Required for Sponsored Porting of UNIX s/w to OS/2
Dear All, Apologies for the cross-posting. I would very much like to sponsor someone with previous experience of porting UNIX software to OS/2, either using EMX or the Innotek GCC (I guess Innotek GCC preferred as likely to be more stable, but EMX would nevertheless be very much appreciated). The software I would like ported is all well-known GPL software and the porter will be free to distribute and use the software as per GPL. Some of the software already has been previously ported to OS/2 \eCS - I would like to see newer versions available. If you are interested (or know a...

port control instructions for USB port ??
can someone tell me abt the port control instructions in C language for USB port ?? what are the port addresses for UBS port ??? Plz answer , Regards, UDAYAN Some questions are answered at http://www.lvr.com/index.html . You cannot access any hardware in Win 2K/XP, only drivers or real-mode DOS. <udayan.warnekar@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1137342245.376267.6380@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > can someone tell me abt the port control instructions in C language for > USB port ?? > what are the port addresses for UBS port ??? > ...

Can VB 6.0 control 8 data bit pins of LPT port?
Hi, I'm trying to send 8 bits to the lpt port. I'd like to use VB 6.0. Can this be done? VB can send data to a printer, but can it go as low as actually sending bits? I think VB can only send bytes. If VB can only send bytes. Can the bits in the bytes be specific? Can I send , 1 0 1 0 0 0 1 , out the 8 pins of the printer port? I want to control a 8255 PPI IC. The 8255 has 8 data bits , the Control Word. There are 16 Control Words. I got a list box for each 16 Control Word. Now how to send these bits via VB to the lpt port. thanks Ed On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 06:51:55 GMT, "...

Active FTP PORT command
Hello All, The PORT request has a parameter in the form h1,h2,h3,h4,p1,p2 meaning that the client is listening for connections on TCP port p1*256+p2 at IP address h1.h2.h3.h4. Where p1 and p2 numbers are coming from? Are there any ftp configuration files? Thanks, Alona In article <1169954472.299107.148130@v33g2000cwv.googlegroups.com>, allab@sympatico.ca wrote: > Hello All, > > The PORT request has a parameter in the form > > h1,h2,h3,h4,p1,p2 > > meaning that the client is listening for connections on TCP port > p1*256+p2 at IP address h1...

control parallel port (data and control lines)
I need to control the output on the parallel port (LPT1) - Both data and control lines.&nbsp; Once the data is written (Pins2-9), I then need to&nbsp;toggle the&nbsp;Sprocket signal (PIN1) - on the parallel port. The sprocket signal is also referred to as the Data Strobe Output. The required method is as follows: 1. Lower the sprocket signal on PIN1 2. Send the data (Pins2-9) and wait 3. Raise the sprocket signal and wait. 4. Repeat. I am looking for a method to control&nbsp;the data on LPT1 pins 2-9 and then be able to toggle PIN1 - Strobe signal - without the data falling ...

Problems Reading/Writing Parallel Port Data, Status & control Registers Using In Port.vi and Out port.vi
Hi, Can anyone there help me Please with the problem. I am trying to communicate with the parallel port using my program which i have attached to the message. I am running LabVIEW 7.0 Professional with application builder. All the program does is reads and writes to the three parallel port registers. It runs FINE!!! in my computer. But when i built an executable (see attached) and tried running on a different computer (with LabVIEW Runtime engine 7.0 installed) the program does not read/write to the registers. The target PC had the parallel port in SPP mode just like mine. I can't seem to...

Web resources about - control LPT port (activate a LED) - comp.unix.programmer

PMD Offerpop launches ‘Activate,’ motivating purchases from user content
Offerpop , a Facebook Preferred Marketing Developer, today announced Activate by Offerpop — a way for marketers to bridge the gap between user-generated ...

"Activate the world" (or: what "mobile" really means)
A mind map I did for some upcoming talks. The central idea is that thinking about mobile isn't just "thinking about mobile devices" but calls ...

Wonder Twins Powers Activate! - YouTube
Form of an ICE UNICYCLE! Intense.

Do you really need to activate your nuts?
Legumes are back on the menu, with researchers suggesting phytates may have little impact on mineral absorption.

Mayor Robert Doyle promises to activate Melbourne as city switches on 24 hours
Police, welfare workers and city officials are preparing for an unprecedented surge in CBD late night crowds.

MKR host's nutty snacks activate Twitter torrent
MKR host's nutty snacks activate Twitter torrent

MH370: Malaysia releases preliminary report revealing it took four hours for search to activate
Malaysia has made public a preliminary report on flight MH370 and other data that marks its most extensive release of information on the missing ...

Researchers activate Apple iSight webcams without warning light
If a laptop has a built-in camera, then someone can access it to spy on the user at any time, and the user would never know.

Ebola crisis: Queensland Health activates emergency coordination centre amid heightened concern
Queensland Health activates emergency coordination centre amid heightened concern over Ebola.

Rosetta comet mission activates drill on Philae lander
The first spacecraft mission ever to land on a comet has begun drilling into the comet's surface.