control LPT port (activate a LED)

I have a problem: I tried to control a LED light via the LPT port. I never
had a problem doing that under Win32. Now I tried to do it under FreeBSD.
But I found no way to get it working.
I already googled for it and asked some other german newsgroups.
the lastest idea was to enter
'echo 1 > /dev/lpt0'
but it always returns "device busy".

so my question is: how can I put a high-signal of one of the eight
data-lines.

Thank you,
Thomas Lindner

0
Thomas
10/13/2003 5:45:28 PM
comp.unix.programmer 10730 articles. 0 followers. kokososo56 (349) is leader. Post Follow

Help with fuzzy Logic Control in matlab
Hi, I have warm-hearted resque. I'm trying to simulate action of controller with non-linear object (it is a container, which stir 2 liquid - 2 inflows of liquid of different concentrations and 1 outflow). Controller is to control the level of liquid in container and the concetnration of the liquid in cointainer. Could you, please, give me any directions how to simulate in matlab (simulink) controller FLC from state/position??? Thank you very much. Wall ...

plz help! how we can use the FieldEditorPreferencePage with SWT controls
Hi Friends, I'm developing an applications using eclipse3.1. can anybody suggest me how i can use the FieldEditorPreferencePage with SWT controls. Actully, we can use the FieldEditorPreferencePage class with preference page, but my requirement is to use the StringFieldEditor of the FieldEditorPreferencePage class using SWT controls llike TableColumn. if anybody suggest me then it will be a great help for me. thanks and regards Singh ...

Make flags for ports
I've currently got a long list of all the custom make flags that I want my ports to use in /usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf Sometime last year I saw a discussion on one of the mailing lists about putting make flags into an actual port directory as opposed to in pkgtools.conf. Only problem is, I can't remember what the file needed to be called. Searches on google and the mailing list archives have so far resulted in nothing and I was just wondering if anyone here had any clues on how to do it or documents that I should be reading. Cheers Alistair -- LJ : http://www.live...

Re: Summarize Combinations of Activities? #3
hi ... you could try ... (add a SORT by ACT_ID if the data are not in that order prior to the new data step) data old; input act_id $ sequence color : $6.; datalines; 10JN-123 1 red 10JN-123 2 yellow 10JN-123 3 orange 10JN-234 1 red 10JN-234 2 yellow 10JN-234 3 orange 10JN-345 1 yellow 10JN-345 2 red 10JN-456 1 yellow 10JN-456 2 orange 10JN-456 3 red 10JN-567 1 blue 10JN-567 2 red 10JN-678 1 blue 10JN-678 ...

to controll 2 PId controller
I have two circle , with two PID controllers. They work for 1 product, but sometimes they work againt each other. I want to disable the 1 pid, and enable the 2pid, and after that, I continue with just the sam value of the 1 pid. Do you have any idea? Or an other probability? Thanks Hi Roland, It is a little hard to understand what exactly you are trying to do. I have some guesses about what you mean, but it would be better iif you could provide more explanation in order for us to help you in a meaningful way. Thanks. Arkadiy "Roland Nagy" <mesterroland@yahoo.com>...

Setting the colour of a wxGauge control
Hi, If I set the background or foreground colour of a wxGauge control under wxGTK the whole control goes black. Is this the expected behaviour? I found the problem using XRC, but it seems the same if I directly change the control's colour. I am using CVS code from 2 weeks ago, built for GTK2 and Unicode. Regards, Steve --------------------------------------------------------------------- Please read http://www.wxwindows.org/mlhowto.htm before posting. To unsubscribe, e-mail: wx-users-unsubscribe@lists.wxwindows.org For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help@l...

CONTROL 27 on SQL under Guardian
similar question to "CONTROL 27 and OSS files"? A. Andy Leszczynski <leszczynscyATnospam.yahoo.com.nospam> writes: > similar question to "CONTROL 27 and OSS files"? > > A. > Similar answer as well. However, the SQL/MX API allows you to subscribe to changes on a table using SELECT ... from STREAM(table) [where ...] ; Might give you what you are looking for. frans. As frans suggested you might want to check out the SQL/MX publish/subscribe service and also the create sqlmp alias command for adding an MP table to an MX catalog. mustle...

Control Reference Question
I'm using Access 2000 and I have a main form and a subform. When a control on the subform is updated I am trying to update a control on the mainform. But instead of updating the control on the main form's current record, it updates the main form's control on every record. This is the code I'm using for this: Set cnn = CurrentProject.Connection strSQL = "SELECT SUM(AmountPaid)AS SumAmountPaid FROM BillPayments WHERE " & _ "BillingInformationSK = " & Me.Parent!SK & " AND ProjectSK = " & _ Me.Parent!cboProjectSK &am...

[News] WAVE SDK Ported to GNU/Linux

rebinding control chords (relates to dvorak keyboard layout)
Hi All, I have recently learned to use the dvorak keyboard layout. This is after the last time that I had to use emacs. I was never really proficient with emacs though, so now I have a question relating to how to rebind the control chords. Is it possible to discover all of the bound control chords in elisp code? I am using the operating system keyboard map, but I want to keep the control chords to be on the same physical keys that they are by default. IE, when typing normally x would be replaced with q and c will be replaced by j, but when doing Ctrl-X + C (keys) it would still quit emacs. ...

Need DOS/Windows 3.11 driver for BusLogic BT-958 SCSI controller card
Hello! I'm looking for the DOS or Windows 3.11 driver for the BusLogic BT-958 "MultiMaster" SCSI controller card. Does somebody have it? Thanks, and sorry for the crossposting! -- []s Renan (aka Wishmaster) - Canoas, RS, Brazil "Time is money. Time is infinite, yet I have no time. Thus..." This e-mail address goes nowhere. Please e-mail, if needed, to renan.birck, hostname gmail.com. On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 14:26:50 -0300, "Wishmaster" <wishmaster@imaginary.marreka.no-ip.com> wrote: > I'm looking for the DOS or Windows ...

Problems reading the serial port with labview 5.1.
I open the example serial.vi , I select write to serial port, run the programm, I don`t have any problem. But when I select read serial port, I get the error code 16392and hex code error x4008. I need to know what can I do? Thanks a lot Did you verify how many bytes are available at the port and feed this value to the READ Serial Port vi? How can I verify how many bytes are available at the port? Error 0x4008 is a serial port framing error. You can get the error descriptions by running ..\LabVIEW\vi.lib\Utility\error.llb\General Error Handler.vi A framing error typically occurs when you h...

Question Book Controls
Greetings I have built the new wxWidgets-2.8.4 system. I am starting a new applicatiuon that will be multi-platform. I found that a new control named wxBookCtrl, which has notebook, listControl and etc. Is this set of controls, list tree toolbar choice, only for MS windows code? I have built the gcc version of wxNotebook and there seems to be no way to change the book type. When I build the M$ type, I get a _vsprintf_p errors, so I cannot view what the code looks like when it is executed. Any help ideas or guidance is appreciated. -- Rick Sivernell Dallas, Texas 75287 972 30...

ProtoCiv: porting Freeciv to Python
I am - *TENTATIVELY* - (operative word) undertaking the project of porting the GPL open source game "Freeciv" to Python. Freeciv is, in essence, an almost straight clone of Sid Meier's Civilization II, albeit with better cross-platform and multiplayer support. www.freeciv.org I'm undertaking the project independent of the current Freeciv project managers. They are not a variable as to how the project will proceed. Our goals are too disparate for us to attempt to coordinate with each other. I'll consider offers of assistance, although first I must do a lot of work ...

how to control sizes and positions of two divs?
Hi, the following is a simpification of two widgets in GWT: On the left there is a text label. On the right there is a push button. How can you make the following: - both widgets should have the same height - both widgets should be vertically centered to each other - the whole thing should be centered within its surrounding div (Note that the two hard coded sizes (50px and 25px) simulate the real sizes of the button and the label. In the real code these hard coded sizes do not appear.) <div style="background-color:red; padding:2px;height:50px;"> ...

control the servo vs control the speed controller
Hi Is it control the speed controller is same as control the servo? I am planning to buy a serial-port-to-servo controller, and use it to control the speed controller. thanks from Peter(cmk128@hotmail.com) --Works for me, but be aware that you won't get feedback from the motor you're driving, so there may be some tendency of the motor to coast after signals to move it have stopped. -- "Steamboat Ed" Haas : I still miss Hacking the Trailing Edge! : rock and roll... www.nmpproducts.com ...

Virtual COM port Problem
Hi All, Let me tell what i have done till now, 1 .I have written a serial bus driver( not the DDK sample) 2. then i wrote an enumerator for my virtual COM port. 3. I used the msports.inf file and modified it to installl the bus driver as another COM port 4. Now i create a PDO (DriverObject in the IOcreatedeivce is that of enumerator) and return this as a child device on my virtual bus to the IRP_MN_QUERY_DEVICE_RELATIONS PNP IRP 5. Soon i get all the PNP IRP for this new PDO 6. I respond IRP_MN_QUERY_ID with a unique ID Now here is the problem.... 7. I dont get t...

MVP2004 Controller Question
Anybody get a Saitek P2500 Rumble to work with MVP2004? If so please let me know how. Thx >Anybody get a Saitek P2500 Rumble to work with MVP2004? If so please let me >know how. Thx Edit the registry entry to make it look like a Saitek p880. Then it will work. ThE AnArKrIsT schrieb: >>Anybody get a Saitek P2500 Rumble to work with MVP2004? If so please let me >>know how. Thx > > > Edit the registry entry to make it look like a Saitek p880. Then it will work. Hy, i have also a different Saitek than the P880. I can't find the regist...

MIDI micro controller
I am looking for suggestions on good microcontrollers that can withstand tuff temperatures and are able to do midi properly. I have tried the atmega48 and it is not stable. Any solutions / ideas? <ahmed.sharifi@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1144181491.890929.276220@t31g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... >I am looking for suggestions on good microcontrollers that can > withstand tuff temperatures and are able to do midi properly. at which temperatures..? > I have > tried the atmega48 and it is not stable. not stable.. ? > ahmed.sharifi@gmail.com wrote: > I ...

H: Amiga 500 problem.... (RED LED BLINK !!!)
When I turn on my A500, red led (power) start blinking and nothing else. No signal on screen and no floppy start. Just red led blink... What it may be a problem? Please help if anybody knows.... Silver Silver escribi�: > When I turn on my A500, red led (power) start blinking > and nothing else. No signal on screen and no floppy > start. Just red led blink... What it may be a problem? > > Please help if anybody knows.... > > Silver > > Check that Fat Agnus is well seated in its socket. "Silver" <silver@silver.net> wrot...

is it necessary to be a session leader to attach psuedo terminal as a controlling terminal of a process
To attach controlling terminal (CT) to a process: I have following code similar in OpenSSH 1. disconnect from old CT 2. become a session leader setsid() 3. attach psuedo tty to process calling ioctl(fd, TIOCSCTTY, NULL) I dont want my process being a session leader to avoid SIGHUP for child process. But if I comment out setsid, I get error in ioctl and subsequent open calls for terminals- ioctl - (Input/output error) /dev/pts/4: No such file or directory open /dev/tty failed (fd is associated with /dev/pts/4) Is there any mechanism to attach psuedo terminal to process as its Controlling T...

Serial port help
Hey, Im only new to C++ code and iv been given this code to communicate with the serial port, im able to get this to communitate with hyperterminal on my PC via a serail cross cable but now i have to be able to set the DTR line to 5 volts and plug this into an A/D converter, By looking at this programme is there any way i can set the DTR value, The code is shown below, #include <windows.h> #include <winbase.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <conio.h> #include <string.h> // CONSTANTES //-------------------------------------------------------------...

Calendar Active X controls
Hi, I'm wanting to put a control button on a form that when clicked will bring up the Active X Calendar. Once the identified date is selcted, place this date into the required date field. Having never coded for Active X before, I have no idea what to do. I can insert the calendar into the form, but what's next?? Stinky Pete http://www.fontstuff.com/index.html Martine Green's Office Tips Helped Me Peter "Stinky Pete" <stinky_pete_126@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:40061587$1@dnews.tpgi.com.au... > Hi, > > I'm wanting to put a control button...

LaserJet 4350 Locking Control Panel
Hello, all! I read somewhere that it is possible to lock the control panel so that users cannot go in and change settings in the printer without autorization. I was told it can be found in the Service menu but it seems to have a password and I can't find anywhere where I can get that password. Any ideas? Brandon macbrando@gmail.com wrote: >Hello, all! > >I read somewhere that it is possible to lock the control panel so that >users cannot go in and change settings in the printer without >autorization. I was told it can be found in the Service menu but it &...

Port forwarding not working on ssh.com client
I have the free version of the SSH client from www.ssh.com on a Laptop running Vista. I'm trying to set up port forwarding, but as soon as I try, Windows says "SSH Secure Shell Client has stopped responding" I am then presented with a button to close the program. Has anyone got this client (version 3.2.9) working with port forwarding under Vista? I'm not sure if I'm doing it right though. I have clicked the "Tunnelling" tab, then selected "Outgoing", then entered: Listen port: 30110 Destination host: 192.168.1.15 (IP of a Sun on local network)...