ddd font problem

Hi,

First, let me say if this is the wrong group for this posting, please
let me know of a better newsgroup.  I figured developers would be more
familiar with using ddd, and thus why I posted here.

We cannot change the font size for the Data Display window.  We can
change the Default Font, the Variable Width font and the Fixed Width
font, but not the Data font.  The Default Font and the Variable Width
font are helvetica-medium and the Fixed Width font and the Data font
are lucidatypewriter-medium.  We tried to change the font through the
Data font selector and the ~/.ddd/init file.  The font specified in
the ~/.ddd/init file is displayed in the DDD preferences (Fonts)
dialog box, but still displays the same fixed font for the Data
Window.

We built ddd version 3.3.9 on one of our development boxes (SuSE Linux
on S/390, version 8.1).  Note that we get the following errors when we
start ddd up:

Warning: Could not load font "(Disabled)", using font "fixed" instead
Warning: Could not load font "...", using font "fixed" instead
Warning: Could not load font "[...]", using font "fixed" instead
Warning: Could not load font "[]", using font "fixed" instead
Warning: Could not load font "{...} using font "fixed" instead
Warning: Could not load font "{}", using font "fixed" instead
Warning: Could not load font "1: ", using font "fixed" instead
Warning: Could not load font "pi", using font "fixed" instead
Warning: Could not load font "3.1415", using font "fixed" instead
Warning: Could not load font "2: ", using font "fixed" instead
Warning: Could not load font "p", using font "fixed" instead
Warning: Could not load font "(Object *) 0x0", using font "fixed"
instead
Warning: Could not load font "3: ", using font "fixed" instead
Warning: Could not load font "(Object *) 0xdeadbeef", using font
"fixed" instead
Warning: Could not load font "4: ", using font "fixed" instead
Warning: Could not load font "s", using font "fixed" instead
Warning: Could not load font "x", using font "fixed" instead
Warning: Could not load font " = ", using font "fixed" instead
Warning: Could not load font "1", using font "fixed" instead
Warning: Could not load font "y", using font "fixed" instead
Warning: Could not load font "2", using font "fixed" instead
Warning: Could not load font "x = 1y = 2", using font "fixed" instead
Warning: Could not load font "5: ", using font "fixed" instead
Warning: Could not load font "a", using font "fixed" instead
Warning: Could not load font "3", using font "fixed" instead
Warning: Could not load font "123", using font "fixed" instead

The ddd program works fine on my Linux box at home (running Fedora
Core 1).  I even compiled the 3.3.9 version on my Fedora Linux box and
again no problems.  So, given the warnings that spew out, I figure
this is a font problem on the SuSE Linux box.

Any help would be appreciated as I have been looking into this for
over a week.

Tim Grunewald
0
tgrunewa (2)
9/17/2004 7:22:21 PM
comp.unix.programmer 10797 articles. 0 followers. kokososo56 (349) is leader. Post Follow

Programmers, Programmers, Programmers, ...
As Steve Balmer correctly stated, while making his monkey dance, it is applications and hence programmers that make a platform. The fact though is that if you want to do professional programming, then Linux is the platform for you. I know that this statement will get the heckels up on a lot of trolls in C.O.L.A, but I have a recent experience that proves this. I am currently working for a Windows only house producing a system that receives and transmits around 1000 telegrams per second in each direction on a UDP socket, translates them into a different format and creates a log entry for each ...

problems problems problems
(The short(?) summary) I've got an Access MDB file and a DAO connect with it.. Problem 1 of 2 The below gives me a runtime error 91 Object variable or With block variable not set. I've got the db stuff after the form.show (to make sure all the objects on the form are loaded before attempting to utilize/manipulate them) But it doesn't like it when I use the data object in the form load anyway for some reason.. pffft. Private Sub Form_Load() frmTest1Project.Show datGallery.Recordset.MoveLast datGallery.Recordset.MoveFirst Call LockTextBoxes(frmTest...

Sharp APL for Unix 6.11 APL fonts problem
I had installed SAX for Unix on Redhat 9. After I fired up /usr/sax/rel/bin/saxlite, I got new xterm with a nice clear ws. The problem is it cannot display APL chars using the Alt key, only the interactive session works. For example when I type {Alt + i 3 Enter}, the echo is only a solid block (instead of the apl char) and the number 3, then it returns the array (1 2 3) on the next line. I use the SAXinstall.611 script to install, it installed the fonts in the /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc. I followed the SAX FAQ for Linux regard to this font issue, even reboot, but with no luck t...

Font problem (TTF2f / Unicode fonts)
Iyonix, RO5.08, standard Font directory with only SansMono and OCRB fonts added. I am trying to get NetSurf to use the unicode fonts, but I am having difficulties. I've converted the Bitstream CyberBit, Code2000 and Arial Unicode MS fonts with TTF2f to RISC OS format. Used base 99, 98 and 97 for them. I copied the /Base<n> files to a directory '!Font.Encodings' (didn't exist, so had to create that one). I read on the NetSurf list that I had to do something to the Messages1 file, so I added BEncoding_Base97:* there. Not sure if this is needed only for the MS font, or al...

Wine and font problems (fixed fonts)
Hello, i have a specific problem with bitmap fonts using wine. I use Suse10. I use now wine 0.33, but the problem i had also with 0.2x-versions. I had to download and compiled freetype-2.3.2 to compile wine 0.33 correctly. (The Config-script of wine didnt recognized the freetype version from Suse, with the downloaded freetype the config script had no warnings anymore) My program use a special font character to display a status. In Windows it is the Terminal Character $FA. It is a little point in the middle of the sign. If i start this program with wine, he takes an other font ...

Urgent problem with font sizes in latex: signature page fonts, chapter page chapter name font
Hi there, I am a newbie using Latex for writing my thesis. I have no clue how to change the .sty or .cls files as I am using others templates, (.sty files) directly on Winedt and editing them with my text. I use a document class: report.The chapter font size in the beginning page of each chapter has a large font size. Is there a way I can reduce this font size to12? Also in the table of contents page the dots dont extend to the page numbers for the chapters and main headings. Only subsections etc., have dots extending to page numbers. Any help on this? The Signature page shows up font sizes...

Font embedding problem: coded font names?
I've received a TeXShop-generated PDF file from a colleague in which many of the math symbols in the equations don't print or have obviously incorrect substitutions when I try to print it using Acrobat. I also get Acrobat warnings like "Unable to find font ABCXYZ+CMR10; Courier substituted". Converting the PDF file to a Postscript (.ps) file and examining this with a text editor shows that all of the dozen or so font names appearing in the file have been renamed from standard TeX names cmr10, cmmi10, etc., to the form "ABCXYZ+CMR10", etc, where "A...

problems with fonts, now problems with tab-completion
Hello, I am running MATLAB R13 on a Windows XP computer. I did some updates to my video drivers and some "windows update" updates, and when I opened MATLAB all of the fonts on the desktop were totally garbled and pretty much unreadable. I found the following article from this newsgroup: http://groups.google.com/groups?q=garbled+font+group:comp.soft-sys.matlab&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&group=comp.soft-sys.matlab&selm=lsqrltc6o5fs%40legacy&rnum=2 And followed the instructions. Now the fonts are fine, but Tab-completion doesn't work a...

Unix Admn. & Unix Programmers required urgently..!!
---------- Forwarded message ---------- From: krishnamohan Kola <krishnamohan.kola@paralogica.com> Date: Jul 1, 2008 10:12 PM Subject: Unix Admn. & Unix Programmers required urgently..!! To: kol.srinu@gmail.com Dear srinivas, Hi, Greetings...!!! Our clientele includes the Top 20 IT companies in India.At present we have Immediate Opening at CMM Level 5 Co. at Mumbai. We have an urgent requirement for following skill set: Open Position : 1) Unix Programmers(3 positions) Exp: 1 + yrs 2) Unix/Solaris Admins (4 positions) Exp: 1+ yrs 3) Solaris Admins (4 positions) Exp: 2-3 year...

Problem with fonts
I've a strange problem with fonts: I can't get any other than the default fonts to work (which are a bit tiny to me), although I played around with the settings in ~/.wine/config. I changed the value of Resolution and tried to use others than the Default-Fonts (even installed the native Windows-Fonts, as described in the Wine User Guide, Chapter 5.10). The fonts are visible to X, and even wine does see them, but it always displays the same tiny font. I use the latest wine (20040121) under Debian unstable. As the output of wine --debugmsg +font is very large, I did not in...

problem with ddd
Hello there ! i ve got a little problem here it is : when using ddd i can ' t use keyboard shortcuts with numlock on neither can i use the arrow keys and numpad isn t working correctly i ve checked message here about this but they re always left unanswered i ve tried precompiled binaries of ddd they all have the problem i ve tried to compile it against different motif libs did not help of course , i could turn numlock off and go on like this but the numpad will still not work and i m very used to it so if someone knows how to fix it , please let me know i m not the only one ...

Font installation problems "Font shape undefined"
I'm trying to install Adobe Sabon and Adobe Trade Gothic on a Linux system running e-TeX (Web2C 7.4.5) 3.14159-2.1 I have Trade Gothic installed properly, but when I try to use Sabon in my document, LaTeX says: LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `T1/psbx/m/n' undefined (Font) using `T1/cmr/m/n' instead on input line 96. I have all fd files installed under /usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/adobe/sabon and the other files under /usr/share/texmf/fonts/*/adobe/sabon. I have run texhash after putting the files there. The files for Trade Gothic are installed in a similar w...

fonts problem
I think that although JBuilder8 is a reasonable good program, its fonts are a joke. The choices given are limited and are very similar. You see, I have weak eyesight and cannot differentiate the small case l and the number 1 in JBuilders editor. They are indistinguishable.(unlike the font here). So I hope some one in this newsgroup can let me know how to introduce or import new fonts to JBuilder8. I believe Windows itself has a large collection of fonts from which I can choose one that suits me. By the way I tried to access Borland's newsgroups at their website but has been unsuccessful ...

Fonts-problem
Hello, I've just upgraded to SUSE 9.0, but I have a problem here with my fonts and I don't know wether it is due to KDE or SUSE. I did a fresh install on another system and same thing there. When I went to the KDE Control Center (kcc)->looks&themes->fonts (call it [1]), I was able to choose from a lot of fonts. Then I went to kcc->systemadministration->fonts-install (call it [2]). After I clicked the button 'systemadministrator' , I got a message that it is the first time that root ...(and something else). Since there was only the 'ok'-button, I click...

Web resources about - ddd font problem - comp.unix.programmer

Thermomix, Dyson, HTC: The ethical problem with our electronics
IT IS the dirty price we pay for our electronic goods.

Manus Island asylum seekers given anti-malarial drug known to cause mental health problems; Immigration ...
The Immigration Department moves to offer asylum seekers on Manus Island alternatives to a controversial anti-malarial drug known to cause or ...

FishbowlNY Newsstand: New Hampshire’s Problem
FishbowlNY Newsstand: New Hampshire’s Problem

Scion FR-S recalled for key interlock problem
Filed under: Recalls , Scion , Safety , Coupe , Performance Scion is recalling the 2013-2016 FR-S because drivers with an automatic gearbox might ...

It’s a Societal Addiction Problem When It is White People
And a crime spree when they are black. The front page of my local tv station’s website has this taking up valuable real estate : From the comments ...

Maersk CEO warns about problems facing global trade - Business Insider Deutschland
The CEO of the world's biggest shipping company warned that conditions for global trade were worse than during the height of the 2008 financial ...

The problem luxury isn't addressing
Designers are pushing back against the traditional fashion week calendar. But experts say that change wouldn't fix everything.

Maybe they finally realized there IS a problem?
... and then that space disappeared over the weekend." The official word from IT is that fish needs a new, bigger hard drive to fix the problem. ...

Banks Mail Out Pre-Activated Credit Cards, Don’t See The Problem
... that Bank of America had to learn along with consumers how this “revolving credit” thing would work. They found that card theft was a problem, ...