ddd font problem

Hi,

First, let me say if this is the wrong group for this posting, please
let me know of a better newsgroup.  I figured developers would be more
familiar with using ddd, and thus why I posted here.

We cannot change the font size for the Data Display window.  We can
change the Default Font, the Variable Width font and the Fixed Width
font, but not the Data font.  The Default Font and the Variable Width
font are helvetica-medium and the Fixed Width font and the Data font
are lucidatypewriter-medium.  We tried to change the font through the
Data font selector and the ~/.ddd/init file.  The font specified in
the ~/.ddd/init file is displayed in the DDD preferences (Fonts)
dialog box, but still displays the same fixed font for the Data
Window.

We built ddd version 3.3.9 on one of our development boxes (SuSE Linux
on S/390, version 8.1).  Note that we get the following errors when we
start ddd up:

Warning: Could not load font "(Disabled)", using font "fixed" instead
Warning: Could not load font "...", using font "fixed" instead
Warning: Could not load font "[...]", using font "fixed" instead
Warning: Could not load font "[]", using font "fixed" instead
Warning: Could not load font "{...} using font "fixed" instead
Warning: Could not load font "{}", using font "fixed" instead
Warning: Could not load font "1: ", using font "fixed" instead
Warning: Could not load font "pi", using font "fixed" instead
Warning: Could not load font "3.1415", using font "fixed" instead
Warning: Could not load font "2: ", using font "fixed" instead
Warning: Could not load font "p", using font "fixed" instead
Warning: Could not load font "(Object *) 0x0", using font "fixed"
instead
Warning: Could not load font "3: ", using font "fixed" instead
Warning: Could not load font "(Object *) 0xdeadbeef", using font
"fixed" instead
Warning: Could not load font "4: ", using font "fixed" instead
Warning: Could not load font "s", using font "fixed" instead
Warning: Could not load font "x", using font "fixed" instead
Warning: Could not load font " = ", using font "fixed" instead
Warning: Could not load font "1", using font "fixed" instead
Warning: Could not load font "y", using font "fixed" instead
Warning: Could not load font "2", using font "fixed" instead
Warning: Could not load font "x = 1y = 2", using font "fixed" instead
Warning: Could not load font "5: ", using font "fixed" instead
Warning: Could not load font "a", using font "fixed" instead
Warning: Could not load font "3", using font "fixed" instead
Warning: Could not load font "123", using font "fixed" instead

The ddd program works fine on my Linux box at home (running Fedora
Core 1).  I even compiled the 3.3.9 version on my Fedora Linux box and
again no problems.  So, given the warnings that spew out, I figure
this is a font problem on the SuSE Linux box.

Any help would be appreciated as I have been looking into this for
over a week.

Tim Grunewald
0
tgrunewa (2)
9/17/2004 7:22:21 PM
comp.unix.programmer 10729 articles. 64 followers. kokososo56 (349) is leader. Post Follow

sched_yield() problems????
I am working with RHEL 2.4.something and am having problems with scheduling POSIX threads. I want to have two simple threads trading the CPU back and forth as quickly as possible. I need one of the threads to pause for 35 ms and the other to accurately detect when a 2 second timer goes off and otherwise be on duty continuously. I want to avoid using usleep() because it is too coarse and is too indeterminant. I can ask for as little as 10 millisecs, since ticks runs at 100 Hz, but I never get anything close to that in reality. I can get 20 something millis with a great deal of variance and so...

question with ddd with mixedlanguage,
hi, i am using ddd 3.3.1 under redhat linux to debug a mixed language code writen in fortran 95 and C. I found that the ddd always open the c code as the main code even though one fortran file is. Are there any clue on this? Rgds Yuan ...

[9fans] rio support for antialiased fonts
this is what's needed, if you're interested. ; diff -c /n/sources/plan9/sys/src/cmd/rio . diff -c /n/sources/plan9/sys/src/cmd/rio/wind.c ./wind.c /n/sources/plan9/sys/src/cmd/rio/wind.c:709,716 - ./wind.c:709,718 wrepaint(Window *w) { wsetcols(w); - if(!w->mouseopen) + if(!w->mouseopen){ + draw(w->Frame.b, w->Frame.r, w->display->white, nil, ZP); _frredraw(w, w->Frame.r.min); + } if(w == input){ wborder(w, Selborder); wsetcursor(w, 0); Got a screenshot? On 3/29/06, erik quanstrom <quanstro@quanstro.net> wrote: > this is what&...

Font theme help needed
Would anyone please help me brainstorm - what fonts give an ominous or criminal or suspenseful feel? Say if you needed one for a book cover? Any help would be appreciated! Lorraine wrote: > Would anyone please help me brainstorm - what fonts give an ominous or > criminal or suspenseful feel? Say if you needed one for a book cover? > Any help would be appreciated! --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I'd take a look at some of these "eroded" fonts and see if one might work with the design: http://www.dafo...

growisofs multisession problem-seek error on old image
I'm trying to record backup data on dvd+r disk whit growisofs. The machine has Linux Red Hat 7.2 whit kernel 2.4.9-13. The utility we used is cdrtools-2.00.13, dvd+rw-tools-5.7.4.4.4. Device is RICOH MP5125A. The problem is: after a few multisession, growisofs is returning next message: growisofs -M /dev/scd0 -R -J rec_dir/ Executing 'mkisofs -C 1454384,1583408 -M /dev/fd/3 -R -J rec_dir/ | builtin_dd of=/dev/scd0 obs=32k seek=98963' mkisofs: Invalid argument. Seek error on old image :-( mkisofs failed: 5632 On disk is enough free space (about 2 GB) and we trying to backu...

getch() Problem?
while((ch=getch())!='\r'&&i<MaxLen) InStr[i++]=ch; //InStr[i]=0; printf("%s",InStr); while((ch=getch())!='\n'&&i<MaxLen) InStr[i++]=ch; //InStr[i]=0; printf("%s",InStr); the first is chaos,the second is right; the two program is different,why? explain in datil. -- comp.lang.c.moderated - moderation address: clcm@plethora.net -- you must have an appropriate newsgroups line in your header for your mail to be seen, or the newsgroup name in square brackets in the subject line. Sorry. MicroHimalaya wrote: ...

Update problems
Hi everyone I�m freshing up my VBA programming skills and I�m having some problems with ArcView 8.3. If I run the following code, nothing happens until I activate another data frame For iLoop = 0 To m_pMxDoc.FocusMap.LayerCount - 1 m_pMxDoc.FocusMap.Layer(iLoop).Name = "test" & iLoop Next iLoop Do I need to do a refreshview or something?? TIA Kaare Rasmussen You want to refresh the ContentsView after you are done with your loop. m_pMxDoc.CurrentContentsView.Refresh Nothing Regards, Ragi Yaser Burhum "K�re Rasmussen"...

Why is gnuplot not recognizing my font selection? (OS X / Font Book)
Hi, I've searched the archive and couldn't find an answer to this; I'm hoping someone can help. I am using gnuplot on OS X. If I do: set terminal postscript font "Georgia", this produces the graph output using Georgia as the font, as you would expect. Georgia is a true type font installed by default in OS X in /Library/ Fonts/Georgia.ttf Now, I have installed an additional font (Computer Modern) by adding cmr10.ttf to Font Book, and thus it appears as /Library/Fonts/ cmr10.ttf as well. There does not appear to be any problem with the font itself. Th...

installation problem #2
I tried to install freeBSD on my old laptop and i'm stuck in installation. I don't have a CD-rom so mad some boot-discs and booted. I made 26 disks containing base.aa > base.az (!!) for binary base distribution (5.2.1) but when I choose floppy in instalation media i get ''Error mouting floppy .... ''. What's wrong? Please help Thank you -- m;P On Monday, in article <cjsa45$3d1$1@ls219.htnet.hr> mali_perica@hi.htnet.hr "Mali Perica" wrote: > I tried to install freeBSD on my old laptop and i'm stuck in installation....

pix ping problem
I got problem on a production pix 515 running 6.3(3). Hosts behind the pix cannot ping any addresses outside the pix. everything esle works fine also I have no access-list applied to the inside interface so all ports are open on the inside. No changes have been made. I prob would not have noticed this until a www server on the inside became inaccessable. It has been working fine for weeks now. Everything else is working fine hosts are able to browse the internet, access a remote citrix and mail server. I ran a debug icmp trace and got this 10.1.134.194 is my pc I am pinging from 4.2.2.1 ...

citation problem in sig-alternate.cls
Hi there, I'm using sig-alternate.cls for typesetting a paper for the sigcomm conference, however, at the \cite{} command, latex output the following error, anybody would like to help me to fix this? ! Use of \@citex doesn't match its definition. \reserved@c ->\@tempswafalse \@citex , [] l.1 ...reless networks can not really scale~\cite{ journal/tit/ Gupta00}, \cit... I'm using "This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.141592-1.21a-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.4)" under fedora 7. The related part in the cl...

how to find mouse cursor font
How does one find the font used by the mouse cursor in X on RHL 9? Since switching from RHL 8.0 to RHL 9, I find the mouse cursor used when on hyperlinks and buttons in Mozilla (for example) looks too much like a one-finger salute for my liking. So, I want to change it. A little googling found Scott Brady's Mouse-Cursor-Configuration MINIHOWTO, which suggested using xmbdfed and the font named "cursor". I found the font, but it doesn't contain the glyph I see (and want to change). So, how do I find which font (of the _many_ with "cursor" in their n...

Problems with script
Hi, OK Bare with me.New to php and trying to figure this out I trying to do the follwing. I have apage with a checkbox.. It posts to a new page to allow a user to make a paypal order. If the extension id say .com I want to display the relevant Paypla Add to cart code for a .com extension etc. Here is a a sample just to illustrate what Im trying to do. but its not working. The echos of the $domname and $key are really just to let me see what is going on with the vars reset($_POST); while (list($key, $val) = each($_POST)) { echo "$key => $val<br>"; if ($key == &qu...

fonts-again
Again me with SuSE 9.3, KDE 3.4.2 and problem with fonts in non KDE applications. In Control Center i have an option GTK Styles and Fonts. There are GTK Styles, GTK Fonts and Firefox and Thunderbird. Whatever i choose results in Gimp, Firefox or GQview is same: fonts are small (much smaller than in the KDE applications). What i am doing wrong, please? Thanks, Mitja ajtiM wrote: > Again me with SuSE 9.3, KDE 3.4.2 and problem with fonts in non KDE > applications. > In Control Center i have an option GTK Styles and Fonts. There are GTK > Styles, GTK Fonts and Firefox and Thunderb...

MAP NETWORK DRIVE PROBLEM #2
I have a network attached storage drive which i can access from my computer using \\nameofdrive i have a few folders on there and have no problem mapping them to my computer. instead of mapping each folder, like \\nameofdrive\nameoffolder to a drive letter, i just want to have one drive letter, which brings me to the root folder \\nameofdrive but the option 'map to network drive' is not possible when i select the drive. is there a solution to this besides just making \\nameofdrive as one of my favourites? Thanks! You will not be able to do this because \\name...

FONT SIZE OF PAGE NUMBER
Hi All, I start using LATEX recently. I have problem with the size of the font for page number. How can I change the size? With \pagenumbering , there is not option that let user change it. Thanks, Irfan kis wrote: > Hi All, > > I start using LATEX recently. I have problem with the size of the font > for page number. How can I change the size? With \pagenumbering , there > is not option that let user change it. > > Thanks, > Irfan > \pagenumbering has nothing to do with the font size used when printing the page number. You have to change the so-called pages...

Very perplexing select Problem
Calling all SQL experts! How can one do a select for this: I have a table with (for brevity) 2 columns. RecID and ParentID. All absolute or generation 0 PARENT records will have a ParentID of 0 (zero) but their children will have their parentID pointed to an existing parent's RecID (a parent of any generation). I want to do a select to list out the parents with all their children and grandchildren under them and then start listing the next parent and all the children and grand children under them etc. example RECID ParentID PARENT 1 0 child 2 1 child ...

beamer theme problem
Hi, I'm working on a beamer theme, and I can't get rid of the thin vertical space between the headline and the frame title. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks, Pieter -------------------------------------------------------- \documentclass{beamer} \title{Physxxxogical responses of \textit{Emxxxania huxlxyi} to increased temperature and CO$_{2}$ concentration} \author{Pieter xxxxxxx} \institute[]{ \inst{}% Depaxxxent of Ecosxxtem xxudies \\ Centre for Esxxxxxxe and Mxxine Ecology \\ Nethexxands Insxxxxte of Ecology \and Marine Microbial Ecology and Bxxxxxxhemistry Group \\ Labor...

Bitmap fonts with high resolution
Hello, I downloaded the Bitfonder Demo 2.0 from Fontlab and I found out, that high-resolution Bitmaps with colours are possible in BDF format. It would be fantastic if we could use such fonts within Windows for prepress jobs, but I found no way to install a BDF font in WindowsXP, maybe it's possible on the Mac because BDF is a UNIX format? Probably there will be no way right now to use BDF, but Microsoft or Adobe should think about it! We do a lot of city maps with a numbering system for restaurants, hotels etc. For these numbers "above" colour bullets, bitmap fonts woul...

Winedt with MikTex, BibTex problem
Hi, Any help greatly appreciated. I am using Winedt with Miktex and want to store a bibliography somewhere that I can access from any document I am creating in Winedt, the rationale being that I need only update one bibliography, and then all documents will use update when recompiled. I am using JabRef to manage by .bib file. I have tried putting %GATHER{C:/Documents and Settings/Duncan/My Documents/!Philosophy/mybib.bib} as the very first thing in my tex document. And bibliography{mybib} at the end. This worked initially but now when I have tried adding new entries to my bibliography using...

UDP + select problem
Hi to all, I need a server for handle tcp and udp connections. I have write code like follow: if( (listenfd = tcp_listen(PORT)) == -1) err_sys("TCP socket error"); if( (lisudpfd = udp_listen(PORT)) == -1) err_sys("UDP socket error"); FD_ZERO(&allset); FD_SET(listenfd, &allset); FD_SET(lisudpfd, &allset); for ( ; ; ) { rset = allset; if( (ready = select(maxfd+1, &rset, NULL, NULL, NULL)) < 0 ) err_sys("select error"); if( FD_ISSET(listenfd, &rs...

Problems with Using CutePDF Writer to copy the text in a script
[Changed the subject line to reflect the actual discussion topic.] For those of you new to this dicussion, here is a summary: - I cannot copy the contents of a script to other windows applications. - I am advised that if I were to print the contents to a PDF file, then I can copy them. - However, writing via Adobe does not work. Neither, using the Adobe distiller worked for me.(I get an error message, and no file is created.) - Matt Wills says that a free program (CutePDF) works for him. Here is what I am finding out using the CutePDF writer: - I am able to create a PDF document. - I am a...

Bizarre mail problem
OS X 10.3.8 Under the mail preferences dialogue, I only get accounts listed - no rules editing is available. Any ideas? Jon A -- Jon Allen <jon@gsps.org.uk> wrote: > OS X 10.3.8 Under the mail preferences dialogue, I only get accounts > listed - no rules editing is available. Are you saying that you don't have the toolbar with the icons for General, Accounts, Junk Mail, etc.? If that's the case, first try clicking on the white lozenge-shaped button in the upper right corner. -- Mike Rosenberg <http://www.macconsult.com> Macintosh consulting services for NE Fl...

Canon ip8500 Pixma Printer / AlBook Running Tiger / Problems
I have a Canon ip8500 Pixma printer connected to a 17" AlBook (most recent version) running Tiger. There are two items of software that come with the printer, a driver, and a photo printing program that allows the printer to exploit all eight color inks. The driver installer hangs about half way through, but it appears that the driver is installed as I can select the printer and print. The photo printing program installs, but hangs upon launch. I've checked the Canon website and there is no mention of any problem with the printer software and Tiger. Has anyone else had this ki...

problem loading the lp_solve 5.5 library
Is anyone able to use the latest lp_solve 5.5 library () with scilab 4.1.1 under windows? I downloaded the latest version from http://downloads.sourceforge.net/lpsolve/lp_solve_5.5.0.10_scilab_source.tar.gz?modtime=1168805360&big_mirror=0 and placed the lpsolve55.dll in the PATH, but the exec loader.sce exits with the following error: -->exec loader.sce -->mode(-1) link failed for dll C:\Documents and Settings\top\My Documents\scilab\lp_solve_5.5\extra\scilab\lpsolveli bs\sclpsolve.dll addinter(liblpmex,'lpmex_gateway','sclpsolve') ...