ddd font problem

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hi,

First, let me say if this is the wrong group for this posting, please
let me know of a better newsgroup.  I figured developers would be more
familiar with using ddd, and thus why I posted here.

We cannot change the font size for the Data Display window.  We can
change the Default Font, the Variable Width font and the Fixed Width
font, but not the Data font.  The Default Font and the Variable Width
font are helvetica-medium and the Fixed Width font and the Data font
are lucidatypewriter-medium.  We tried to change the font through the
Data font selector and the ~/.ddd/init file.  The font specified in
the ~/.ddd/init file is displayed in the DDD preferences (Fonts)
dialog box, but still displays the same fixed font for the Data
Window.

We built ddd version 3.3.9 on one of our development boxes (SuSE Linux
on S/390, version 8.1).  Note that we get the following errors when we
start ddd up:

Warning: Could not load font "(Disabled)", using font "fixed" instead
Warning: Could not load font "...", using font "fixed" instead
Warning: Could not load font "[...]", using font "fixed" instead
Warning: Could not load font "[]", using font "fixed" instead
Warning: Could not load font "{...} using font "fixed" instead
Warning: Could not load font "{}", using font "fixed" instead
Warning: Could not load font "1: ", using font "fixed" instead
Warning: Could not load font "pi", using font "fixed" instead
Warning: Could not load font "3.1415", using font "fixed" instead
Warning: Could not load font "2: ", using font "fixed" instead
Warning: Could not load font "p", using font "fixed" instead
Warning: Could not load font "(Object *) 0x0", using font "fixed"
instead
Warning: Could not load font "3: ", using font "fixed" instead
Warning: Could not load font "(Object *) 0xdeadbeef", using font
"fixed" instead
Warning: Could not load font "4: ", using font "fixed" instead
Warning: Could not load font "s", using font "fixed" instead
Warning: Could not load font "x", using font "fixed" instead
Warning: Could not load font " = ", using font "fixed" instead
Warning: Could not load font "1", using font "fixed" instead
Warning: Could not load font "y", using font "fixed" instead
Warning: Could not load font "2", using font "fixed" instead
Warning: Could not load font "x = 1y = 2", using font "fixed" instead
Warning: Could not load font "5: ", using font "fixed" instead
Warning: Could not load font "a", using font "fixed" instead
Warning: Could not load font "3", using font "fixed" instead
Warning: Could not load font "123", using font "fixed" instead

The ddd program works fine on my Linux box at home (running Fedora
Core 1).  I even compiled the 3.3.9 version on my Fedora Linux box and
again no problems.  So, given the warnings that spew out, I figure
this is a font problem on the SuSE Linux box.

Any help would be appreciated as I have been looking into this for
over a week.

Tim Grunewald
0
Reply tgrunewa (2) 9/17/2004 7:22:21 PM

See related articles to this posting

comp.unix.programmer 10664 articles. 64 followers. Post

Font problem (TTF2f / Unicode fonts)
Iyonix, RO5.08, standard Font directory with only SansMono and OCRB fonts added. I am trying to get NetSurf to use the unicode fonts, but I am having difficulties. I've converted the Bitstream CyberBit, Code2000 and Arial Unicode MS fonts with TTF2f to RISC OS format. Used base 99, 98 and 97 for them. I copied the /Base<n> files to a directory '!Font.Encodings' (didn't exist, so had to create that one). I read on the NetSurf list that I had to do something to the Messages1 file, so I added BEncoding_Base97:* there. Not sure if this is needed only for the MS font, or al...

Wine and font problems (fixed fonts)
Hello, i have a specific problem with bitmap fonts using wine. I use Suse10. I use now wine 0.33, but the problem i had also with 0.2x-versions. I had to download and compiled freetype-2.3.2 to compile wine 0.33 correctly. (The Config-script of wine didnt recognized the freetype version from Suse, with the downloaded freetype the config script had no warnings anymore) My program use a special font character to display a status. In Windows it is the Terminal Character $FA. It is a little point in the middle of the sign. If i start this program with wine, he takes an other font ...

Urgent problem with font sizes in latex: signature page fonts, chapter page chapter name font
Hi there, I am a newbie using Latex for writing my thesis. I have no clue how to change the .sty or .cls files as I am using others templates, (.sty files) directly on Winedt and editing them with my text. I use a document class: report.The chapter font size in the beginning page of each chapter has a large font size. Is there a way I can reduce this font size to12? Also in the table of contents page the dots dont extend to the page numbers for the chapters and main headings. Only subsections etc., have dots extending to page numbers. Any help on this? The Signature page shows up font sizes...

problems with fonts, now problems with tab-completion
Hello, I am running MATLAB R13 on a Windows XP computer. I did some updates to my video drivers and some "windows update" updates, and when I opened MATLAB all of the fonts on the desktop were totally garbled and pretty much unreadable. I found the following article from this newsgroup: http://groups.google.com/groups?q=garbled+font+group:comp.soft-sys.matlab&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&group=comp.soft-sys.matlab&selm=lsqrltc6o5fs%40legacy&rnum=2 And followed the instructions. Now the fonts are fine, but Tab-completion doesn't work a...

Font embedding problem: coded font names?
I've received a TeXShop-generated PDF file from a colleague in which many of the math symbols in the equations don't print or have obviously incorrect substitutions when I try to print it using Acrobat. I also get Acrobat warnings like "Unable to find font ABCXYZ+CMR10; Courier substituted". Converting the PDF file to a Postscript (.ps) file and examining this with a text editor shows that all of the dozen or so font names appearing in the file have been renamed from standard TeX names cmr10, cmmi10, etc., to the form "ABCXYZ+CMR10", etc, where "A...

Problem with fonts
I'm using JDK 5.0 and Swing on Windows XP. In default MetalLookAndFeel the default font for most controls (e.g. JTextField) is Dialog, 12pt and it looks nice. But if I change to WindowsLookAndFeel the default font for controls becomes Microsoft Sans Serif, 11pt (equivalent to 8pt in Windows). It seems that AWT doesn't render this font correctly and some characters (e.g. digit "8") look very ugly. Is this a bug in AWT or can I fix this problem somehow? Please help. ...

Problem with Fonts
I have this code: Plot[Cos[x - Cos[x]], {x, -3, 6}, PlotLabel -> StyleForm["M��en�", FontFamily -> Tahoma, FontSize -> 30]] without StyleForm not problem, problem is after use another font. Figure of example: http://tba02.sh.cvut.cz/wm/example.gif Is some solution ? Thanks for help LP ...

Fonts problem
Hi, Strange thing happened to KDE 3.1.4. I updated Gnome to the latest version, using apt4rpm (SuSE 8.2) and also updated imlib2 to version imlib2-1.1.0-0.pm.1. The fonts on my desktop, kicker, windowtitles and kicker-menu's are the same size as before, but all the applications have a font that is to large. What can be the problem? Cheers, Jeroen ...

Font problems....
Considering how many jobs come in via email or ftp these days & the lack of customer lasers being supplied with a job, it seems there has been a new trap to look out for. Customers who send in both type 1 & dfonts of the same font. It seems that you can load either font, get no missing font messages, but there is a good chance of getting some reflow. How do the rest of you guys deal with that? Hi Mikey, You might consider using a font manager that contains auto-activation plug-ins to activate the specific font required for the job. Yes, if you don't use exactly the correct versio...

Font Problems
I upgraded to a powerbook and I sold my iBook. I reformatted the iBook and while I was testing it out before I sold it, I found that if I pressed the ' or the ? key, I would get gibberish. I only installed the fonts that came with OS X version 10.3.4. I tried using the Font Book to try and turn off certain fonts and see if that was the prob, but no luck. Has anyone run into this situation and did you find a solution? Thanks. Herald heraldatmacdotcom -- The good thing about growing old and losing one's mind is you can hide your own Easter eggs. ...

Font Problem
I have developed a flash swf file. I play this presentation with swf standalone player provided by Macromedia. All works great except the text that contains accents. For example in the word: luned�, the character � is not visualized in the right way. How can I solve this problem? Unfortunatelly in this moment, I can't provide more info about the version of X server which runs on that system. In my presentation I have used Verdana default fonts. Thanks Maurizio Maurizio wrote: > > I have developed a flash swf file. > I play this presentation with swf standalone player ...

A problem about font
I have properly installed a font named `simsun' under xorg-x11-6.8.2, which can be listed by `xlsfonts', but it cannot be listed by the command under `wish': % font families fixed {baekmuk dotum} lucidatypewriter charter headline {courier 10 pitch} {bitstream vera serif} times lucidabright {luxi mono} {bitstream charter} {baekmuk batang} helvetica {baekmuk gulim} {ar pl sungtil gb} {century schoolbook l} dotum courier {baekmuk headline} utopia lucida {nimbus mono l} nil {luxi serif} dingbats {ar pl mingti2l big5} terminal batang {ar pl kaitim big5} proof gulim cursor {bitstream ver...

Font problem...
Hi. I'm using PSP7.0. Lately when I click on the Text Tool the only font available is Symbol. There are hundreds of font in my Font folder but all of a sudden they don't show. Any ideas? Silas ----- Original Message ----- From: "silas" <silasmprophet@netscape.net> Newsgroups: comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-pro Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2003 10:19 AM Subject: Font problem... > Hi. I'm using PSP7.0. Lately when I click on the Text Tool the only font > available is Symbol. There are hundreds of font in my Font folder but all of > a sudden they don'...

font problem
Hi, Anyone has ever faced this problem? I am translating an English pdf file into Chinese, but when I input the Chinese characters, I got unreadable characters. So I followed information to change the font by right clicking the English charcters I want to change, and choose the properties, then the font to try to change the font. But I got the following errors when I try to make a font change, "The change to a different font was not done because the chosen font and the font encodings in the document differ and could not be resolved." Thanks for your information in advance Frank ...

Font Problem
Hi! After having installed KDE 3.1.94 on my Suse 8.2 I had no Anti-Alias-Fonts when logged in as user in any KDE-Menu. Fonts in application-menus and start-menu appear somewhat ugly. But Dialog-Boxes opened from Application-Menus had AA. The problem unfortunatlely remained after having reinstalled good old 3.1.1:-((. Even after having completely removed KDE it seems that all my settings where restored :-( Has anyone a hint for me where to reset user rights so that users can use AA-fonts in KDE too? Greets, Patrice Patrice Brockhaus wrote: > Hi! > > After having installed KDE 3.1....

Facing problems with a new class file : ifthenelse, and font problems
Hi I am trying to write a new class file and facing some problems that I cannot seem to locate the reason for : First, an extract from the beginning of the class file : \ProvidesClass{umrack}[2004/08/15 The University of Michigan, Rackham thesis class, Madhusudan Singh, Copyright (C) 2004] \NeedsTeXFormat{LaTeX2e}[1999/09/01] \RequirePackage{ifthen} \newboolean{pdfop} \newboolean{indexingchosen} \DeclareOption*{\PassOptionsToClass{\CurrentOption}{book}\typeout{Delegating option ``\Currentoption'' to the standard LaTeX2e book class, I hope you know what you are doing...

Font problems
Hi How do I fix the following warning: LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `OMS/cmtt/m/n' undefined (Font) using `OMS/cmsy/m/n' instead (Font) for symbol `textbraceleft' on input line 22212. Adobe Acrobat has problems display some parts of my document properly. I think it is related to above warning. Regards Erling edadk schrieb: > How do I fix the following warning: > > > LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `OMS/cmtt/m/n' undefined > (Font) using `OMS/cmsy/m/n' instead > (Font) for symbol `textbraceleft...

Font problems
I'm using convert on a Fedora Core 4 system to convert pictures to be published on a web-server. The convert program shall resize and add a copyright text to an image (convert is invoced from a perl script). When using convert, I get the following error message: convert: unable to read font `/usr/share/fonts/default/TrueType/arial.ttf'. Also, the convert program does not longer write the text in the picture anymore. I'm not using the font named in the error message. I used xlsfonts to find a proper font. How can I fix this problem? This directory does not exist on the system. T...

Font Problem
I was just wondering it there's anyone here who is an expert on Fonts? I was trying out Paul Vigay's FontCat, but every time I used it, it froze the computer, requiring a Hard reset. (As I discovered because of this particular font). It's not a font I've used in years, but it did work once upon a time, probably before I RO Selected the machine. My usual Font manager is the excellent EFP from Fabis/APDL and I do know the font would have been installed using a very early version of EFP. However, having now deleted the errant from within EFP, and hoiking out an old backup of i...

fonts problem
I think that although JBuilder8 is a reasonable good program, its fonts are a joke. The choices given are limited and are very similar. You see, I have weak eyesight and cannot differentiate the small case l and the number 1 in JBuilders editor. They are indistinguishable.(unlike the font here). So I hope some one in this newsgroup can let me know how to introduce or import new fonts to JBuilder8. I believe Windows itself has a large collection of fonts from which I can choose one that suits me. By the way I tried to access Borland's newsgroups at their website but has been unsuccessful ...

Font problem
In: Document ID: 28JAFDDT Document ID: 22GEP1Q1 They talk about fonts proble. But is there a universal solution to theses fonts problems? Why does LabVIEW dont copy the used fonts into the builded application? Nitrof > They talk about fonts proble. But is there a universal solution to > theses fonts problems? Why does LabVIEW dont copy the used fonts into > the builded application? > The universal problem is that fonts are difficult to deal with. No, LV doesn't default to copying fonts, and there are several reasons. Fonts don't live in the EXE, instead they ar...

Font Problem?
Hi all, I have an Indesign CS doc and it's using the postscript font "MHMPrensa". The designer adjusted the kerning for a certain paragraph to be a -20 (can't figure out why), when I make a pdf (pdfx1a) either printing to distiller or exporting direct the letters in certain words overlap. I have taken the kerning to 0 but it doesn't help. What's even more confusing is that it is only the words at the far left (beginning) of the individual text lines. Any ideas? BTW, I'm using Indesign CS2 on a mac, I can post a screenshot if that helps. Thanks Brian wrote:...

Font installation problems "Font shape undefined"
I'm trying to install Adobe Sabon and Adobe Trade Gothic on a Linux system running e-TeX (Web2C 7.4.5) 3.14159-2.1 I have Trade Gothic installed properly, but when I try to use Sabon in my document, LaTeX says: LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `T1/psbx/m/n' undefined (Font) using `T1/cmr/m/n' instead on input line 96. I have all fd files installed under /usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/adobe/sabon and the other files under /usr/share/texmf/fonts/*/adobe/sabon. I have run texhash after putting the files there. The files for Trade Gothic are installed in a similar w...

Font Problem
Hi All. I can't get Mathematica 5.1 on Windows XP pro to use the Arial font I was used to on Mathematica 5.0 .The preference panel do indicate Arial as default font for notebooks but when I write, Mathematica keeps using Times New Roman. Can anyone help me ? Thanks. ...