How to find glibc version?

I have (Red Hat Linux 3.2.3-20)box with gcc
version 3.2.3. Can some body tell me how to
find the glibc version ?

Thanks in Advance
Seema

0
seema_coma (72)

seema_coma@yahoo.co.in writes:

> I have (Red Hat Linux 3.2.3-20)box

No, you don't. There is no product called "Red Hat Linux 3.2.3-20".
If you want to know what distribution you do have, try this:

$ head -1 /etc/issue
Fedora Core release 2 (Tettnang)

> with gcc version 3.2.3.

Gcc and glibc versions are independent.

> Can some body tell me how to find the glibc version ?

$ /lib/libc.so.6 | head -1
GNU C Library stable release version 2.3.3, by Roland McGrath et al.

$ rpm -q glibc
glibc-2.3.3-27.1

Cheers,
Remove /-nsp/ for email.
0
Paul
8/25/2005 6:02:32 AM
Paul Pluzhnikov <ppluzhnikov-nsp@charter.net> wrote:
> seema_coma@yahoo.co.in writes:
>> Can some body tell me how to find the glibc version ?
>
> $ /lib/libc.so.6 | head -1
> GNU C Library stable release version 2.3.3, by Roland McGrath et al.
>
> $ rpm -q glibc
> glibc-2.3.3-27.1

there is also:
$ getconf GNU_LIBC_VERSION
glibc 2.3.4

--
Kornilios Kourtis
0
"Paul Pluzhnikov" <ppluzhnikov-nsp@charter.net> wrote in message
> seema_coma@yahoo.co.in writes:
>
>> I have (Red Hat Linux 3.2.3-20)box
>
> No, you don't. There is no product called "Red Hat Linux 3.2.3-20".
> If you want to know what distribution you do have, try this:
>
> $ head -1 /etc/issue
> Fedora Core release 2 (Tettnang)

    With RedHat 6.2, I need to do
        $ head -2 /etc/issue