How to launch an app from another app

Hello,
I need do start an app from another.
Now I use then execv system call: the secondary app starts,
but the first exits! I need the first to go on running!
How can I do? Is there another system call?
Thank you!
0
patrick

"patrick carosso" <carossopatrick@yahoo.it> writes:

> Hello,
> I need do start an app from another.
> Now I use then execv system call: the secondary app starts,
> but the first exits! I need the first to go on running!
> How can I do? Is there another system call?
> Thank you!

Don't multipost.

--
M�ns Rullg�rd
mru@mru.ath.cx
patrick carosso wrote:

> Hello,
> I need do start an app from another.
> Now I use then execv system call: the secondary app starts,
> but the first exits! I need the first to go on running!
> How can I do? Is there another system call?
> Thank you!

the exec family of system calls specifically
supercedes the old process with the new
process.

Either:

1. check out the man pages for fork(2)
and wait(2) and be very, very careful.

or:

2. check out system(3), which
encapsulates the fork(2)/exec(2)/wait(2)
family of calls for you.

NPL

--
"It is impossible to make anything foolproof
because fools are so ingenious"