Http Client Side Programming --- Any Libraries Avl.

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hi,
I want to write a C Program which communicates with a Http Server.
Does any one know of "any good libraries" for this purpose.
I tried seraching for lib calls using man in linux, but with little
success.

Does Standard Linux Distribution contain any Http Libraries ?.

I saw libwww.a in /usr/lib file. But i could not find man pages for any of
the functions listed in libwww.a.

if any one knows any popular Library for Http Client and Server Dev. Please
Let me know.

Any help in this regard is appreciated.

Thanks,
Ram
0
Reply vsrirama 6/3/2004 5:30:55 AM

See related articles to this posting

Take a look at cURL at http://curl.haxx.se/. Some alternatives available
  at http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/competitors.html

HTH,
Roshan.

Sriram wrote:

> Hi,
> I want to write a C Program which communicates with a Http Server.
> Does any one know of "any good libraries" for this purpose.
> I tried seraching for lib calls using man in linux, but with little
> success.
>
> Does Standard Linux Distribution contain any Http Libraries ?.
>
> I saw libwww.a in /usr/lib file. But i could not find man pages for any of
> the functions listed in libwww.a.
>
> if any one knows any popular Library for Http Client and Server Dev. Please
> Let me know.
>

> Any help in this regard is appreciated.
>

> Thanks,
> Ram

0
Reply roshans (2) 6/3/2004 6:34:30 AM

vsrirama@rediffmail.com (Sriram) writes:

> Hi,
> I want to write a C Program which communicates with a Http Server.
> Does any one know of "any good libraries" for this purpose.
> I tried seraching for lib calls using man in linux, but with little
> success.
>
> Does Standard Linux Distribution contain any Http Libraries ?.

libcurl is a good one.

--
M�ns Rullg�rd
mru@kth.se

Sriram wrote:

> Hi,
> I want to write a C Program which communicates with a Http Server.
> Does any one know of "any good libraries" for this purpose.
> I tried seraching for lib calls using man in linux, but with little
> success.
>
> Does Standard Linux Distribution contain any Http Libraries ?.
>
> I saw libwww.a in /usr/lib file.

This is the w3c's sample implementation of what you are looking for.

> But i could not find man pages for
> any of the functions listed in libwww.a.

Look at: http://www.w3.org/Library/

0
Reply Rolf 6/3/2004 12:13:21 PM

vsrirama@rediffmail.com (Sriram) wrote in message news:<c087652b.0406022130.51181857@posting.google.com>...
> Hi,
> I want to write a C Program which communicates with a Http Server.
> Does any one know of "any good libraries" for this purpose.
> I tried seraching for lib calls using man in linux, but with little
> success.
>
> Does Standard Linux Distribution contain any Http Libraries ?.
>
> I saw libwww.a in /usr/lib file. But i could not find man pages for any of
> the functions listed in libwww.a.
>
> if any one knows any popular Library for Http Client and Server Dev. Please
> Let me know.

I'm sure that libwww.a is something you (and anyone else on this
planet) don't want use - it's just to ugly. There are many others for
many languages, Perl has a good library and curl for non-high-permance
C leve.
0
Reply llothar 6/3/2004 2:04:18 PM
comp.unix.programmer 10601 articles. 64 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Open Client Client-Library (CS_VERSION_110) Multithreaded Programming
Hi, I am going to develog a Multithreaded Programming on a "HP-UX m3vmsa3 B.11.00 U 9000/800 178951547 unlimited-user license" operating system. Sybase provides a "sybopts.sh" helper script for UNIX makefiles. For HPUX it provides two tags: hp800 and dce_hp800. In "Open Client/Server Programmer's Supplement for UNIX" says that Client-Library version 11.1 includes a new set of libraries that provide access to Distributed Computing Environment (DCE) services that provides "Multithreaded programming support", so I guess that I must use ...

Http Client Library
Hi, I am looking for a good HttpClient library in c++ that can provide me high level api for making http requests and read the response. I did not find anything *promising* on googling. Do someone has some experience in using any of the libraries? Does anyone has some suggestions? thanks ~ Prathap Pivotsystems On Jul 11, 12:22 pm, Prathap <prathapnir...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > I am looking for a good HttpClient library in c++ that can provide > me high level api for making http requests and read the response. I > did not find anything *promising* on googling. Do some...

HTTP client program
hi, i have written a HTTP client to connect to my local host and retrive a static webpage on my machine. i have got rid of the syntax errors, but am not able to debug the program. if neone can plz help me out wid this, -Nachiketh Code : #include<stdio.h> #include<sys/socket.h> #include<sys/types.h> #include<arpa/inet.h> #include<string.h> #define SERV_PORT 80 #define SERV_ADDR "127.0.0.1" int readn(int fd,char* msg,int maxlen) { int n=1,rc; char c; printf("reading"); for(n=1;n<maxlen;n++) { if((rc=read(fd,&c,1...

server-side http libraries?
I'm looking for a library that can handle server-side http aspects (parsing headers, doing keepalive, basic auth, etc) without relying too heavily on some underlying event engine -- I want to integrate it into an existing event framework in c/c++. Any suggestions? (searching on "http library c" is an exercise in futility). There must be some best-of-breed leader in this category, no? Or is this something I should just roll myself? Gary In article <25b5cb69-8b47-4a85-b6c2-7cca3aca3863@i36g2000prf.googlegroups.com>, <garyjefferson123@gmail.com> wrote: >I'm...

Client side web programming
Hi, Well the trouble is that my orkut scrapbook is flooded. So I reckoned that I'd write some sort of a script to delete the 14800 or so scraps. Now the big problem is that I don't really have too much knowledge about web programming. I have a rough idea about HTTP, HTTPS, cookies etc. but I don't really know the specifics. Question 1: Orkut seems to use a cookie to keep track of who I am. How long will this cookie be valid? Supposing I login using Mozilla and then get hold of this cookie, then use my Python script and send the same cookie whilst send a "POST" request t...

Client-side java programming
I need to create a client-side/server-side application in Java that will be able to receive and send data over the Internet. In short, on the client-side the user inputs data (from a GUI) which is locally encrypted using a public key and then send it to the server. The client-side will also decrypt and display encrypted data sent from the server. The use of standard secure protocols such as SSL/TLS is out of question. I know it won't be possible to integrate that into a simple web page since I have to perform client-side operations demanding more that what HTML and javascript can handle ...

Client side network programming
I am interested in making a search engine which takes web sites iteratively, and downloads the web page or has to perform some search across the web pages. I am unsucessful to do so. My machine works through a proxy server and the internet connection is through 24 hour lease line. when ever i try the code it gives : Traceback (innermost last): File "http-getfile-urllib2.py", line 19, in ? urllib.urlretrieve(remoteaddr, localname) File "/usr/lib/python1.5/urllib.py", line 66, in urlretrieve return _urlopener.retrieve(url, filename, reporthook) File "/usr/...

HTTP client code or library
Does anyone know of any HTTP client written in COBOL (i.e., as a copybook, providing procedures one can call)? Alternatively, does anyone have knowledge about an external library offering HTTP functions which is available or common to the S/390 platform? That is, is there something similar to making EZASOKET calls from within a COBOL procedure that will give me basic GETs or POSTs, as well as simple HTTP authentication? Thanks, -- cm ...

Any recommendation for http client library?
I needed to do HTTP GET and POST requests, mostly to upload files (images). I tried Drakma and though it works well for GET requests, for POST requests it choked somewhere trying to deliver the file. Did anyone try to upload files using this or any other libs? Could you share the code? Any other library? I couldn't find a better alternative on cliki and as a Lisp newbie it's hard to decide whether I should go ahead and debug the Drakma library or look for some other lib. I use CMUCL on Debian. Any recommendations are welcome! Andrew On Feb 14, 5:39 am, "Trastabuga" <lis...