Http Client Side Programming --- Any Libraries Avl.

Hi,
I want to write a C Program which communicates with a Http Server.
Does any one know of "any good libraries" for this purpose.
I tried seraching for lib calls using man in linux, but with little
success.

Does Standard Linux Distribution contain any Http Libraries ?.

I saw libwww.a in /usr/lib file. But i could not find man pages for any of
the functions listed in libwww.a.

if any one knows any popular Library for Http Client and Server Dev. Please
Let me know.

Any help in this regard is appreciated.

Thanks,
Ram
0
vsrirama
6/3/2004 5:30:55 AM
comp.unix.programmer 10733 articles. 0 followers. kokososo56 (349) is leader. Post Follow

Take a look at cURL at http://curl.haxx.se/. Some alternatives available
  at http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/competitors.html

HTH,
Roshan.

Sriram wrote:

> Hi,
> I want to write a C Program which communicates with a Http Server.
> Does any one know of "any good libraries" for this purpose.
> I tried seraching for lib calls using man in linux, but with little
> success.
>
> Does Standard Linux Distribution contain any Http Libraries ?.
>
> I saw libwww.a in /usr/lib file. But i could not find man pages for any of
> the functions listed in libwww.a.
>
> if any one knows any popular Library for Http Client and Server Dev. Please
> Let me know.
>

> Any help in this regard is appreciated.
>

> Thanks,
> Ram

0
roshans (2)
6/3/2004 6:34:30 AM
vsrirama@rediffmail.com (Sriram) writes:

> Hi,
> I want to write a C Program which communicates with a Http Server.
> Does any one know of "any good libraries" for this purpose.
> I tried seraching for lib calls using man in linux, but with little
> success.
>
> Does Standard Linux Distribution contain any Http Libraries ?.

libcurl is a good one.

--
M�ns Rullg�rd
mru@kth.se
Sriram wrote:

> Hi,
> I want to write a C Program which communicates with a Http Server.
> Does any one know of "any good libraries" for this purpose.
> I tried seraching for lib calls using man in linux, but with little
> success.
>
> Does Standard Linux Distribution contain any Http Libraries ?.
>
> I saw libwww.a in /usr/lib file.

This is the w3c's sample implementation of what you are looking for.

> But i could not find man pages for
> any of the functions listed in libwww.a.

Look at: http://www.w3.org/Library/

0
Rolf
6/3/2004 12:13:21 PM
vsrirama@rediffmail.com (Sriram) wrote in message news:<c087652b.0406022130.51181857@posting.google.com>...
> Hi,
> I want to write a C Program which communicates with a Http Server.
> Does any one know of "any good libraries" for this purpose.
> I tried seraching for lib calls using man in linux, but with little
> success.
>
> Does Standard Linux Distribution contain any Http Libraries ?.
>
> I saw libwww.a in /usr/lib file. But i could not find man pages for any of
> the functions listed in libwww.a.
>
> if any one knows any popular Library for Http Client and Server Dev. Please
> Let me know.

I'm sure that libwww.a is something you (and anyone else on this
planet) don't want use - it's just to ugly. There are many others for
many languages, Perl has a good library and curl for non-high-permance
C leve.
0
llothar

Web Service Client
Hi, I need to write a code that invokes functions of a Web Service which is located in a Solaris machine that runs a Weblogic App. Server. It will use just one specific service. I need to write in Ansi C only (No external libraries etc). Formerly, this application has a basic HTTP and XML ability and need to add web service client ability for just one specific web service. Are web service headers static ? Can I post XML daha from the tcp port and parse the XML response ? Mehmet ...

VPN Client & PIX
Firstly, apologies for such a long posting... I am using Cisco VPN client v4.0.3(D) and Cisco PIX 6.3(4) I am having unpredictable results when trying to connect from a client to the PIX VPN. I can ALWAYS ping the PIX gateway. Sometimes the VPN connection establishes without a problem while otherv times it fails with a message... "Secure VPN connection terminated locally by the Client. Reason 403:Unable to contact the security gateway"... Client Log of unsucessful attempt... Cisco Systems VPN Client Version 4.0.3 (D) Copyright (C) 1998-2003 Cisco Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved. ...

Fifth Python Game Programming Challenge in September
The 5th Python game programming challenge (PyWeek) has been scheduled for the first week of September: Start: 00:00UTC Sunday 2nd September Finish: 00:00UTC Sunday 9th September REGISTRATION IS NOT YET OPEN Registration will open at the start of August. Visit the PyWeek website for more information: http://pyweek.org/ THE PYWEEK CHALLENGE: - Invites all Python programmers to write a game in one week from scratch either as an individual or in a team, - Is intended to be challenging and fun, - Will hopefully increase the public body of python game tools, ...

avl.h conflict when compiling on solaris 10 6/06
Did a fresh install on a box running Icecast and i now can't compile icecast on it. It worked fine before on Solaris 10 GA and possible u1 here be the make error stuff: In file included from connection.c:40: avl/avl.h:115: error: conflicting types for =E2=80=98avl_insert=E2=80=99 /usr/include/sys/avl.h:154: error: previous declaration of =E2=80=98avl_insert=E2=80=99 was here connection.c: In function =E2=80=98_check_pass_http=E2=80=99: connection.c:591: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of =E2=80=98util_base64_decode=E2=80=99 differ in signedness gmake[3]: *** [connection.o]...

Redirecting HTTP and non HTTP connections via ports via Apache
Is there a way to get Apache to reroute HTTP requests to different ports via the url? I setup a web page to listen on a port besides port 80 and 443 because IIS was listening on them, but when the viewer tried to view the site from a web cafe it was blocked. How can the main Apache server be made to transfer the request to a virtual server running on a non standard port? It was IIS I was using but because it was part of an SBS2003 installation I didn't want to replace it with Apache on the main port in case it broke the SBS2003 setup. However I am more interested in the...

Distro with NFS Root Clients
Do any of the distros have infrastructure for deploying and managing a moderate number (~100) of NFS Root Clients. This would be for clients running full desktop distributions that use their local disks just for swap and cache. These Debian packages might be of interest: nfsboot - Allow clients to boot over the network toncho/~ 0 apt-cache show nfsboot Package: nfsboot Priority: extra Section: admin Installed-Size: 32 Maintainer: Ola Lundqvist <opal@debian.org> Architecture: all Version: 0.0.14 Recommends: dhcp, nfs-kernel-server | nfs-user-server, atftpd | tftpd-hpa |...

how can i simulate my pc as http server by writing java code to send the http response by socketstream to some pc in the internet?!
my response as follows... *************************************************** HTTP/1.1 200 OK Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1999 14:39:30 GMT Server: Apache/1.3.3 (Unix) Cache-Control: max-age=3600, must-revalidate Expires: Fri, 30 Oct 1999 15:40:00 GMT Last-Modified: Mon, 29 Jun 1999 10:29:15 GMT Etag: "3e86-410-3596fbbc" Content-Length: 1040 Content-Type: text/html HTML Document **************************************************** how can i simulate my pc as http server by writing java code to send the http response by socketstream to some pc in the internet?! thanx On 19 Aug 2004 22:00...

Http://www.edlite.hk---Only 11mm LED slim light box in China!
Guangzhou Edlite Company Limited, one of Comprehensive Hi-tech slim light box manufacturers, is specialized in developing, manufacturing and marketing of LED slim light box, CCFL slim light box, EEFL slim light box, Fluorescent (T4/T5) slim light box. Our products are widely used in Banks, Securities, Traffic System (highway, airport, railway and subway etc), Hospital, and Stadium etc...... More detail,please enter our website. ...

How to retrieve the HTTP response contents like header, posts, HTML, etc.?
Dear All: I am trying to deal with the HTTP response. I want to retrieve the contents such as header, post, response, HTML, JSON, etc. of the HTTP response. (Please refer screen shot for the same.) Please tell me how to retrieve these contents? Thanks, Amit. Attachments: http://www.ruby-forum.com/attachment/6245/http_responce.JPG -- Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/. Amit Bobade wrote in post #1001502: > Dear All: > > I am trying to deal with the HTTP response. I want to retrieve the > contents such as header, resp.each_header do |name, value| puts "#{name} =&g...

Bug in ssl-object library reference page or in ssl-object code?
According to http://docs.python.org/lib/ssl-objects.html 17.2.2 SSL Objects SSL objects have the following methods. read([n]) If n is provided, read n bytes from the SSL connection, otherwise read until EOF. The return value is a string of the bytes read. The behavior I observer when n is not provided doesn't agree with the description. When I call read(), it appears that I get whatever data is currently available. It does not read until EOF. This seems to agree with the comment on the "example" page: http://docs.python.org/lib/socket-example.html ...

News you can use about the news at http://www.swrapexpo.org
The expo is over, but the updates never stop! This year's expo received coverage in three local newspapers, including one which is distributed all over the Chicagoland area and sent a reporter & camerawoman to see what we're all about. I've scanned the newspaper clippings, and they can be found on the home page under "SWRAP Expo 2003 In the News". I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's photos and reviews once we all recover. If you post them to the web, please email me with a link to them so I can put that link on the site. Your very tired Expo pro...

SWM ISO c/C++ parser library / class
.... must be able and willing to convert a slew of c/c++ and associated files into tokens -- preferably into XML. Hi folks. I've had no luck going down the BNF or YACC route on this one. Is there a class out there which can take a file / number of files as parameters and spew me an XML stream or file? This is simply going to be used in a tool to add code in source for a client's project. I was going to use regexes for this, but wanted to explore this route first. I also realize how monumental this request may be. Just wanted to know if the work has already been done. "Ric...

FTP libraries
Hi, Are there any FTP support libraries for Visual Fortran (6.6)? I would prefer some simple functions such as connect, get, send, etc. that can be called directly with no C interop. Regards, Ian On Jan 29, 4:32=A0am, "Ian Dean" <ian.d.d...@baesystems.com> wrote: > Hi, > =A0 =A0 Are there any FTP support libraries for Visual Fortran (6.6)? I w= ould > prefer some simple functions such as connect, get, send, etc. that can be > called directly with no C interop. > Regards, > =A0 =A0 Ian You can use the native WININET library with ...

IE scrollbar pushed off right side
I'm writing a page, and in IE the vertical scrollbar was missing. So after mega futzing I finally realized that the scrollbar was pushed off the right side of the page out of view. When I decreased a table width from 100% to 90%, there it was. Of course, this doesn't happen in Moz or Opera. I'm using a fixed DIV layer for a navbar (with rollovers), some functions (one to fix the position:fixed style which doesn't work in IE), and a fixed background image. Is this a bug that has a known workaround? Thanks Jaz (Please excuse the 'burp' when replying) ...

Using relative path in java programs
Hi I wrote a new servlet that uses a configuration file to store parameters. The problem is that I want to use a relative path when accessing this file, since I dont know where this servlet will be deployed. Basically, I want it to be in the same directory where the .class files are located. Using the property user.dir does'nt help because it returns the server's executable path. How can I control this ? how can the program "know" where the class files are ? Guy wrote: > Hi > > I wrote a new servlet that uses a configuration file to store > parameters. > ...

A tool for mirroring HTTP stream
Hello, I'm looking for a tool (for debug purposes) which can "look" in a HTTP stream. I mean : client A is doing a HTTP connection on server B. Is there any tool existing that could be on a Client B to monitor what is doing the client A ? If possible, a graphical tool which would show on the C screen what's happening on the browser of A ? I don't want to use VNC, because my point is to debug what's going on between A and B, and why some "dialog" fails... Thanks in advance. On Tue, 23 Oct 2007, in the Usenet newsgroup comp.security.misc, in article <...

SOCI 3.0.0
I am pleased to announce that the 3.0.0 release of the SOCI library is available for download from the main project website: http://soci.sourceforge.net/ http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=121480 The SOCI library is a C++ database access library that during the last years was recognized for its innovative interface, ease of use and high quality. This release brings many new features. The most important are: * Integration with Boost types: optional, tuple, fusion and gregorian::date. (Note: This integration is not mandatory and Boost is not required to c...

DDE Client support
I'm using DDEClient as MATLAB external interface in JAVA for Matlab versions upto MATLAB 7.1 R14 SP3. Now I have a task to support versions R2006b and R2007a. When I tried it was not working properly. DDEClient is not connecting with these Matlab versions. Is there any problem with the DDEClient support in these versions or do I need to execute any commands to enable DDE support as we did the same for versions 7.0.4 and 7.1 ?? I tried to execute "system_dependent('EnableDDE',1) as did in Lower versions of Matlab but still its not connecting with DDE. ...

Join the hotest Online Program for a dollar
These owners of the company are crazy... Join us for one dollar http://www.69dollarsanhour.com ...

Calling a program when inode is unlinked?
For a security related application. Suppose that one wants to make a security enhancement for a linux system so that whenever a inode's link count becomes zero, a program is called to wipe the contents before the file's sectors are passed to the free pool. Can, or has, that been done? i Ignoramus17480 wrote: > For a security related application. Suppose that one wants to make a > security enhancement for a linux system so that whenever a inode's > link count becomes zero, a program is called to wipe the contents > before the file's sectors are passed to the free...

The Governing Library for this node is broken
When i drop my match regular expression node. My VI is getting broke and the error message what i get is "The Governing Library for this node is broken" Can anyone tell me why this is happening ASAP. Do I need to reinstall LabVIEW. &nbsp; &nbsp; I just upgraded to 8.5.1 I get the same error when I open a VI that uses Timed-While loops.8.5.1 crashes when I drop a timed-while loop onto the block-diagram.I am reparing the installatin (hopefully, this will work) Nope Please continue discussion in the <a href="http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&amp;m...

http://www.dbahub.com
Hello Folks, I have been compiling this new site www.dbahub.com, from a couple of weeks. I am trying to get most of the popular databases under one site, where all DBAs can find relevent information. I encourage to register on to this website and submit documents, scripts, tips etc. and I will make sure the same are published. I am trying to compile a How To section on the website, where DBA can find information on doing DBA stuff with complete steps. Please visit, provide feedback and most important contribute. Thanks Regards Apun <apunhiran@gmail.com> a �crit dans le...

id expires from a Standalone LN Client / No Server!
Hi, i have installed a Notes Client 7.0.2 as standalone client. No Server, no server.id just a cert.id. I have only my "Users" NAB. When i installed the client i used the full Client/Developer/Admin package. Now my id expires! How do recertify my user.id on a standalone (single) LN Installation? Gerhard Wolf <quisquiliae@gmx.de> wrote: > i have installed a Notes Client 7.0.2 as standalone client. > No Server, no server.id just a cert.id. I have only my "Users" NAB. > When i installed the client i used the full Client/Developer/Admin package. ...

Is there any command line program which can extract a .msg file?
Hai, Is there any command line tool which support the extraction of .msg file in Linux. I am using Fedora core 6. -- Thanks Jagath This is a MIME GnuPG-signed message. If you see this text, it means that your E-mail or Usenet software does not support MIME signed messages. The Internet standard for MIME PGP messages, RFC 2015, was published in 1996. To open this message correctly you will need to install E-mail or Usenet software that supports modern Internet standards. --=_mimegpg-commodore.email-scan.com-19697-1175684942-0002 Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="US-...

net/http and Windows Authentication
Hello, Does anybody know how to send a request to a url using Windows authentication? Thank you, Brian Takita ...