SCO 5 / SCO 6 Drivers

What is the difference between drivers for ancient SCO OpenServer 5 and SCO 6?
Is it at all possible to get an SCO 5 driver to run on SCO 6? (Source not available).

I suspect I shouldn't touch this with a barge pole.
0
roberthubbard0

On Thursday, January 2, 2014 7:00:20 PM UTC+1, roberth...@yahoo.com wrote:
> What is the difference between drivers for ancient SCO OpenServer 5 and SCO 6?
>
> Is it at all possible to get an SCO 5 driver to run on SCO 6? (Source not available).
>
> I suspect I shouldn't touch this with a barge pole.

I think that SCO OpenServer 5 was based on SCO's 3.2v5 kernel while OpenServer 6 was based on Novell's UnixWare 2 kernel, so their device drivers are probably not compatible. http://williambader.com/museum/dell/xenixhistory.html
0
william