tcp/ip networking

        In my older book by Kochan et al. several structs are mentioned that
are depricated. Can't we get by with sockadrr_in for example and addrinfo?
Of course when IPv6 is needed we use sockaddr_in6. There is another 2
structs I wonder about. sockaddr and sockaddr_storage. The last one being
large enough for IPv6 too. The info I want from new sockets is stored in
sockaddr_in right? Now I'm only dealing with IPv4. Should I declare a type
of struct sockaddr_in and let getnameinfo() fill it with data? Is this the
new way of doing it. I  only have my Kochan book at hand and it seems to
contain the data types I need.

Bill

0
nospam116 (1225)