1 missing floppy disk in SCO Development 3.2v4.2, i need your help.

Dear readers i need your help,

 I have the old UNIX SCO Development System 3.2v4.2 diskette package (3.5" 1.4
MB floppy disks) with the original activation key card.

 However 1 disk is probably missing, i only have 10 disks, and when
installing with "custom", i never reach the end of the installation, i suppose
that one of them is missing.

 I gave a ring to the national SCO seller and he said "this product is 10
years old, sorry we can't help you"...

 If you have this package, you would be very kind to help me, i need an
image of the 11th disk that you could send me via e-mail.

 The image copy can be done with :

dd if=/dev/fd0 of=vol11.img

 Under windows you can also use the free disk imager "Floppy Image" (save as
"IMG" filetype). It is available here :

http://www.wintotal.de/server/FloppyImage152.zip

 Thank you very much in advance if you can help me.

 Best regards
 Philippe Magne

Please see the post I made in comp.unix.sco.misc.  I may be able to assist
you in this.  I have to follow agreements with SCO.

Good Luck,

--
Boyd Gerber <gerberb@zenez.com>
ZENEZ	1042 East Fort Union #135, Midvale Utah  84047
Philippe Magne wrote:
> Dear readers i need your help,
>
>  I have the old UNIX SCO Development System 3.2v4.2 diskette package
(3.5" 1.4
> MB floppy disks) with the original activation key card.
>
>  However 1 disk is probably missing, i only have 10 disks, and when
> installing with "custom", i never reach the end of the installation,
i suppose
> that one of them is missing.
>
>  I gave a ring to the national SCO seller and he said "this product
is 10
> years old, sorry we can't help you"...
>
>  If you have this package, you would be very kind to help me, i need
an
> image of the 11th disk that you could send me via e-mail.
>
>  The image copy can be done with :
>
> dd if=/dev/fd0 of=vol11.img
>
>  Under windows you can also use the free disk imager "Floppy Image"
(save as
> "IMG" filetype). It is available here :
>
> http://www.wintotal.de/server/FloppyImage152.zip
>
>  Thank you very much in advance if you can help me.
>
>  Best regards
>  Philippe Magne

I might be able to help, let me dig through my stuff, I will be in
touch.

Abid

0
akhan (55)
12/9/2004 8:26:08 PM
Hello Brian,

>Philippe - are you associated with the other Philippe or are these two
stories
>just really similar.

Indeed we work together, if you can help us you thank you very much in
advance. Of course you can send it to him or to me, as your prefer.

Best regards
Philippe Magne
Philippe Magne wrote:
> Dear readers i need your help,
>
>  I have the old UNIX SCO Development System 3.2v4.2 diskette package (3.5" 1.4
> MB floppy disks) with the original activation key card.

Well,

this is certainly curious - I received this same request yesterday from  Philippe
Toillon via private email.  Seems a little odd but I suppose there could be two
Philippe with the same identical story that work together.  I had intended to
check and see if I could locate my development floppies and see if I could
assist.

Philippe - are you associated with the other Philippe or are these two stories
just really similar.

bk

The Private Email I received:

>  I've read an old message from you (february 2003) in the newsgroup
> comp.unix.sco.misc (copy below) and it appears that you have the
> SCO UNIX Development system Release 3.2v4.2.
>
>  I have also this version with the original activation key card i bought
> around 1995, however 1 disquette is probably missing, i only have 10
> disquettes, when installing with "custom", i never reach the end of the
> installation, i suppose that one disquette is missing.
>
>  I gave a ring to the national SCO seller and he said "this product is 10
> years old, sorry we can't help you"...
>
>  Would you agree to help me please ? I would need an image of the
> 11th disquette that you could send me via e-mail, would this be
> possible please ?

Philippe and Philippe

I have checked my floppies and I do have the full Development system but it
appears you are missing more than you thought.

I am posting here instead of via private email in case we can get a confirming
opinion from others on the group.  My development system is:

SCO Open Desktop Development System
3.5" media 1.44mb
Release 3.0.0

The catch is that mine is 28 floppies - not 10 or 11.    From what I can find
of my install I have nothing that was only 11 floppies.  While I would not be
opposed to sending you a copy of one missing floppy this sounds as if you are
missing much more than that if you are trying to install the same version I
have.

bk

Dear Brian,

 Thank you very much for your help, indeed 28 floppies is really much :-) I'm
afraid this is not the same set, here the original box of this diskette
package cannot physically contain more than 13  3.5" disks, and corresponds
only to the development package (no OS included). The version is exactly the
3.2v4.2 as written on each disk, has probably 11 disks, and we bought it in
1995.

 Thank you anyway for trying to help us, it's kind of you.
 Best regard
 Philippe Magne

Philippe Magne wrote:
> package cannot physically contain more than 13  3.5" disks, and corresponds
> only to the development package (no OS included). The version is exactly the

Understood.  Mine is 4 boxes of 7 for a total of 28 and that is just the
development.  The OS is another 3 boxes of approximately 12 plus each.
Original Purchase date - 1993.

Good luck with it.  I hope you find that exact match

bk

"Philippe Magne" <philippe.magneNOSPAM@id-net.fr> wrote in message
> Dear readers i need your help,
>
>  I have the old UNIX SCO Development System 3.2v4.2 diskette package (3.5"
1.4
> MB floppy disks) with the original activation key card.
>
>  However 1 disk is probably missing, i only have 10 disks, and when
> installing with "custom", i never reach the end of the installation, i
suppose
> that one of them is missing.
>
>  I gave a ring to the national SCO seller and he said "this product is 10
> years old, sorry we can't help you"...
>
>  If you have this package, you would be very kind to help me, i need an
> image of the 11th disk that you could send me via e-mail.
>
>  The image copy can be done with :
>
> dd if=/dev/fd0 of=vol11.img
>
>  Under windows you can also use the free disk imager "Floppy Image" (save
as
> "IMG" filetype). It is available here :
>
> http://www.wintotal.de/server/FloppyImage152.zip
>
>  Thank you very much in advance if you can help me.
>
>  Best regards
>  Philippe Magne

I pulled out my old 3.2v4.2 set and it consists of the following diskettes:
N1, N2
M1
B1,B2,B3
X1,X2,X3,X4,X5,X6,X7
Games diskette volume 1

So which one is missing?

JP

0
piperent (32)
12/11/2004 5:30:57 PM
"Philippe Magne" <philippe.magneNOSPAM@id-net.fr> wrote in message
> Dear readers i need your help,
>
>  I have the old UNIX SCO Development System 3.2v4.2 diskette package (3.5"
1.4
> MB floppy disks) with the original activation key card.
>
>  However 1 disk is probably missing, i only have 10 disks, and when
> installing with "custom", i never reach the end of the installation, i
suppose
> that one of them is missing.
>
>  I gave a ring to the national SCO seller and he said "this product is 10
> years old, sorry we can't help you"...
>
>  If you have this package, you would be very kind to help me, i need an
> image of the 11th disk that you could send me via e-mail.
>
>  The image copy can be done with :
>
> dd if=/dev/fd0 of=vol11.img
>
>  Under windows you can also use the free disk imager "Floppy Image" (save
as
> "IMG" filetype). It is available here :
>
> http://www.wintotal.de/server/FloppyImage152.zip
>
>  Thank you very much in advance if you can help me.
>
>  Best regards
>  Philippe Magne

One more thing.  If you load that version in original form, you will also
need to load the Y2K patches that were released  (uod426).  Check the SCO
ftp archives.  They should still be there.

JP

0
piperent (32)
12/11/2004 5:36:16 PM
"J P" <piperent@swbell.net> wrote in message

> "Philippe Magne" <philippe.magneNOSPAM@id-net.fr> wrote in message
> > Dear readers i need your help,
> >
> >  I have the old UNIX SCO Development System 3.2v4.2 diskette package
(3.5"
> 1.4
> > MB floppy disks) with the original activation key card.
> >
> >  However 1 disk is probably missing, i only have 10 disks, and when
> > installing with "custom", i never reach the end of the installation, i
> suppose
> > that one of them is missing.
> >
> >  I gave a ring to the national SCO seller and he said "this product is
10
> > years old, sorry we can't help you"...
> >
> >  If you have this package, you would be very kind to help me, i need an
> > image of the 11th disk that you could send me via e-mail.
> >
> >  The image copy can be done with :
> >
> > dd if=/dev/fd0 of=vol11.img
> >
> >  Under windows you can also use the free disk imager "Floppy Image"
(save
> as
> > "IMG" filetype). It is available here :
> >
> > http://www.wintotal.de/server/FloppyImage152.zip
> >
> >  Thank you very much in advance if you can help me.
> >
> >  Best regards
> >  Philippe Magne
>
> I pulled out my old 3.2v4.2 set and it consists of the following
diskettes:
> N1, N2
> M1
> B1,B2,B3
> X1,X2,X3,X4,X5,X6,X7
> Games diskette volume 1
>
> So which one is missing?

He's missing one of the floppies in the Development System package,
not the standard O/S package. I assume from his original post that
he's missing the last floppy of the set, since he's used the other 10
and custom is still asking for one more.

Bob

0
72027.3605 (442)
12/12/2004 12:57:23 AM
In article <cpg4v3$21i$1@ngspool-d02.news.aol.com>, "Bob Bailin" <72027.3605@compuserve.com> wrote:

>He's missing one of the floppies in the Development System package,
>not the standard O/S package. I assume from his original post that
>he's missing the last floppy of the set, since he's used the other 10
>and custom is still asking for one more.
>
>Bob

 Hello, you're absolutely right Bob, thanks anyway JP for your help. Still no
 image of disk#11 on my side, Mr Gerber had the kindness to send me a disk
image (thanks a lot to him for trying to help me) however this image is not
from the same package and the installation cannot be finalized.

 Thanks also to the other people who tried to help.

 If somebody reads this message and has exactly the same alone UNIX SCO
Development System 3.2v4.2 package as mine with its 11 floppy disks, please be
kind and send me an image of the disk #11.

 Thank you
 Best regards
 Philippe Magne
In article <cpg4v3$21i$1@ngspool-d02.news.aol.com>, "Bob Bailin"
<72027.3605@compuserve.com> wrote:

> >He's missing one of the floppies in the Development System package,
> >not the standard O/S package. I assume from his original post that
> >he's missing the last floppy of the set, since he's used the other 10
> >and custom is still asking for one more.
> >
> >Bob
>
>  Hello, you're absolutely right Bob, thanks anyway JP for your help. Still
no
>  image of disk#11 on my side, Mr Gerber had the kindness to send me a disk
> image (thanks a lot to him for trying to help me) however this image is
not
> from the same package and the installation cannot be finalized.
>
>  Thanks also to the other people who tried to help.
>
>  If somebody reads this message and has exactly the same alone UNIX SCO
> Development System 3.2v4.2 package as mine with its 11 floppy disks,
please be
> kind and send me an image of the disk #11.
>
>  Thank you
>  Best regards
>  Philippe Magne
I do have a set of sco unix development system relelease 3.2.4d, which has
exactly 11 floppies.
Do you have a private email where you would like me to send you an image of
disk 11?
Barry

---

bswane (32)
12/14/2004 12:30:22 AM
Barry,

 Thank you so much for your help, indeed if you send me an image of disk #11,
that could resolve my problem. I'm not too sure it's exactly the same version,
but there's a chance it allows me to finish the installation.

 Could you please send me it to philippe.magneNOSPAM@id-net.fr ? I will test
it and will let you informed if that works.

Thank you very much
Best regards
Philippe Magne

>I do have a set of sco unix development system relelease 3.2.4d, which has
>exactly 11 floppies.
>Do you have a private email where you would like me to send you an image of
>disk 11?
>Barry
Barry,

 Thank you a thousand time for sending me the disk #11 image of your 3.2.4d
package.

 But the news are not good, i have just reinstalled with my 10 original
SCO development 3.2v4.2 floppy disks, but when inserting the disk #11 with
your 3.2.4d image, it is refused.

 I think the disk #11 image must be absolutely taken from the 3.2v4.2 package,
or it won't work.

 Thank you very much again for trying to help me.
 Best regards
 Philippe Magne

In article <w7GdnYaMQq2EqSPcRVn-iA@rogers.com>, "Barry Swane"
<bswane@rogers.com> wrote:
>I do have a set of sco unix development system relelease 3.2.4d, which has
>exactly 11 floppies.
>Do you have a private email where you would like me to send you an image of
>disk 11?
>Barry
> Barry,
>
>  Thank you a thousand time for sending me the disk #11 image of your
3.2.4d
> package.
>
>  But the news are not good, i have just reinstalled with my 10 original
> SCO development 3.2v4.2 floppy disks, but when inserting the disk #11 with
> your 3.2.4d image, it is refused.
>
>  I think the disk #11 image must be absolutely taken from the 3.2v4.2
package,
> or it won't work.
>
>  Thank you very much again for trying to help me.
>  Best regards
>  Philippe Magne
>
> In article <w7GdnYaMQq2EqSPcRVn-iA@rogers.com>, "Barry Swane"
> <bswane@rogers.com> wrote:
> >I do have a set of sco unix development system relelease 3.2.4d, which
has
> >exactly 11 floppies.
> >Do you have a private email where you would like me to send you an image
of
> >disk 11?
> >Barry

Sorry that didn't work for you, Phillipe
I'm a little surprised, since we appear to have the same version -- 3.2 4.2.
Mine is d, but I wouldn't have thought that mattered all that much.
Since these are tar disks, I guess there might be a couple of files
different, on disk 11, between one set, and the other.
Does it fail with a certain error message?
I'm just wondering-- if you wanted to do a
tar -tvf on you disk 10, and send me the output from that, I could compare
it to the contents of my disk 10
It might turn out that a couple of files are included on one disk 10, that
are not on the other, in which
case I could try to send you those specific files to add on.
The first file on my disk 11 is ./usr/bin/dbXtra, Dec 12 1991, 772080 bytes.
 Let me know

Barry

---

bswane (32)
12/15/2004 6:57:27 PM
> Does it fail with a certain error message?
> I'm just wondering-- if you wanted to do a
> tar -tvf on you disk 10, and send me the output from that, I could compare
> it to the contents of my disk 10
> It might turn out that a couple of files are included on one disk 10, that
> are not on the other, in which
> case I could try to send you those specific files to add on.
> The first file on my disk 11 is ./usr/bin/dbXtra, Dec 12 1991, 772080
bytes.
>  Let me know
>
> Barry
Barry, don't be sorry, you already did a lot for me with trying to help me.

> Does it fail with a certain error message?

Yes, the error msg is "Incorrect volume in device". But when i modify the
header to comply with my version, the error is "Unable to initialize
device", as files don't match.

> I'm just wondering-- if you wanted to do a
> tar -tvf on you disk 10, and send me the output from that, I could compare
> it to the contents of my disk 10

Sure, see attached file "tartv-disk10-dev3.2v4.2.txt".

> The first file on my disk 11 is ./usr/bin/dbXtra, Dec 12 1991, 772080
bytes.

As of my /etc/perms/soft i think the first awaited file on disk #11 is
/usr/bin/cdc.
> The first file on my disk 11 is ./usr/bin/dbXtra, Dec 12 1991, 772080
bytes.
>  Let me know

----
tar: blocksize = 20
r--r--r--  0/1        0 Jan 08 21:02 1993
../tmp/_lbl/prd=unixds/typ=u386/rel=3.2.4n/vol=10
rw-r--r--  2/2     5815 Jan 06 22:17 1993 ./usr/man/cat.FP/a.out.FP.z
rw-r--r--  2/2      947 Jan 06 22:17 1993 ./usr/man/cat.FP/acct.FP.z
rw-r--r--  2/2     1998 Jan 06 22:17 1993 ./usr/man/cat.FP/ar.FP.z
rw-r--r--  2/2    11047 Jan 06 22:17 1993 ./usr/man/cat.FP/core.FP.z
rw-r--r--  2/2      620 Jan 06 22:17 1993 ./usr/man/cat.FP/dir.FP
rw-r--r--  2/2     1127 Jan 06 22:17 1993 ./usr/man/cat.FP/dirent.FP
rw-r--r--  2/2     1879 Jan 06 22:17 1993 ./usr/man/cat.FP/filehdr.FP.z
rw-r--r--  2/2     4131 Jan 06 22:17 1993 ./usr/man/cat.FP/filesyst.FP.z
rw-r--r--  2/2     2041 Jan 06 22:17 1993 ./usr/man/cat.FP/langif.FP.z
rw-r--r--  2/2     3401 Jan 06 22:17 1993 ./usr/man/cat.FP/lconv.FP.z
rw-r--r--  2/2     3755 Jan 06 22:17 1993 ./usr/man/cat.FP/ldfcn.FP.z
rw-r--r--  2/2     1989 Jan 06 22:17 1993 ./usr/man/cat.FP/limits.FP.z
rw-r--r--  2/2      953 Jan 06 22:17 1993 ./usr/man/cat.FP/linenum.FP.z
rw-r--r--  2/2      628 Jan 06 22:17 1993 ./usr/man/cat.FP/mallinfo.FP.z

Philippe
Your version is clearly later than mine:
Yours is:1993 ./tmp/_lbl/prd=unixds/typ=u386/rel=3.2.4n/vol=10
rw-r--r--  2/2     5815 Jan 06 22:17
Mine is
r--r--r--  0/1        0 Dec 12 11:30 1991
../tmp/_lbl/prd=unixds/typ=u386/rel=3.2.4d/vol=D11

I think all you would need to do, to fool the installation procedure, would
be to create the diskette with the first file having 3.2.4n, instead of my
3.2.4d
Do you think you can create yourself a disk like that?
Just  make a directory and detar the disk image into that directory
Then use tar to create a new diskette, only touch a file name equal to the
desired first file name, and then the rest of the contents of the directory
(That doesn't sound very clear, now that I re-read it-- let me know if you
can't figure out what I mean)
Barry

---

bswane (32)
12/15/2004 7:46:56 PM
Hello,

I finally reconstructed the complete disk #11 of SCO Development System
3.2v4.2 that was missing from my original package.

I explain here, maybe it could help.

First i needed the exact filelist of this disk #11, then i inserted the
first disk (#1) in the drive and extracted the file "soft" :

tar xvf /dev/fd0 ./tmp/perms/soft

In this file, each line ending with "[tabulation]11" corresponds to 1
file on this missing disk #11. Now we have the complete filelist of this
disk #11 :

../usr/bin/cdc
../usr/bin/gencat
../usr/bin/sact
../usr/lib/lint1
../usr/lib/lint.err
../usr/lib/llib-ltinfo
../usr/lib/llib-ltinfo.ln
../usr/lib/libtinfo.a
../usr/lib/libtermcap.a
../tmp/init.core
../bin/masm
../tmp/init.enhance
../lib/386/Slibtinfo.a
../lib/Clibtinfo.a
../lib/Llibtinfo.a
../lib/Mlibtinfo.a
../tmp/init.xdev
../tmp/init.man

As i had an old backup from my PC with SCO 3.2 + Development 3.2v4.2
installed, i could recover all that files except /tmp/init.xdev and
/tmp/init.man. Barry Swane and Boyd Lynn Gerber had the kindness to send
me the image of disk #11 from another development package 3.2v4.0d, i
extracted its files (tar xvf /dev/fd0), it contains mostly different
files compared to my disk #11, but includes init.man and init.386xdev. I
renamed this last one "init.xdev".

Also missing the null file that's here to tell 'custom' that it's the
right inserted disk, './tmp/_lbl/prd=unixds/typ=u386/rel=3.2.4n/vol=11'
(i compared to my disk #10 to deduct it).

Now i have all the disk #11 files of SCO Development 3.2v4.2.

But the total size is 1,85 Mb that exceeds the 1.44 Mb capacity of a
3.5" disk. I supposed there was a way to compress the files allowing
subsequently a normal tar extraction (tar xvf). I tried to compress each
non-text file with compress, e.g: 'cd ./usr/bin ; compress cdc ; mv
cdc.Z cdc', but if creating with 'tar cvf /dev/rfd0135ds18 ./tmp
../usr/bin ./usr/lib ./bin ./lib' the subsequent tar extraction let non-
text files compressed. However all files could then stay on the floppy
disk.

I read the tar manual and saw that there's a "C" argument allowing
compressed files to be automatically extracted with uncompression, then
i tried it : 'tar cCvf /dev/rfd0135ds18 ./tmp ./usr/bin ./usr/lib ./bin
../lib', and indeed the tar extraction uncompressed the files with 'tar
xvf /dev/rfd0135ds18' :-)

Then, to try my new disk #11, i had to start 'custom' and install first
the 10 previous disks. Once arrived to the disk #11, the computer
complained with the message : "Incorrect volume in device".

I made several tests and in fact the null file './tmp/
_lbl/prd=unixds/typ=u386/rel=3.2.4n/vol=11' has to be the first file on
the disk. Also, i saw that 'tar cCvf /dev/rfd0135ds18 ./tmp ./usr/bin
../usr/lib ./bin ./lib' creates empty directory records in the tar file
that we do not need at all. The right thing to do is to list file by
file when doing the tar :

tar cCvf /dev/rfd0135ds18 \
 ./tmp/_lbl/prd=unixds/typ=u386/rel=3.2.4n/vol=11 \
 ./usr/bin/cdc \
 ./usr/bin/gencat \
 ./usr/bin/sact \
 ./usr/lib/lint1 \
 ./usr/lib/lint.err \
 ./usr/lib/llib-ltinfo \
 ./usr/lib/llib-ltinfo.ln \
 ./usr/lib/libtinfo.a \
 ./usr/lib/libtermcap.a \
 ./tmp/init.core \
 ./bin/masm \
 ./tmp/init.enhance \
 ./lib/386/Slibtinfo.a \
 ./lib/Clibtinfo.a \
 ./lib/Llibtinfo.a \
 ./lib/Mlibtinfo.a \
 ./tmp/init.xdev \
 ./tmp/init.man

And it works ! Before doing this tar, one must format and nullify the
3.5" disk that will become the disk #11 :

format /dev/rfd0135ds18
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/rfd0135ds18 count=2880

Et voila. Thanks to all the great people who helped me !
Best regards
Philippe Magne

TCP/IP version 1.2 drivers for SCO Unix 3.2v4.2
Hello, Does anyone know from where can I download TCP/IP version 1.2 drivers for SCO Unix 3.2v4.2? I need to install a network card (D-Link DFE 530TX) but when I put: #netconfig appears an error: "does not support net configuration" I think that Unix version was installed without those drivers. I don't think I could get them from SCO web, they are just promoting their last versions. I can't either upgrade to SCO 5.x because there are a lot of old programs running on there. Thanks in advanced! Desperate34 typed (on Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 06:01:43PM -0700): | Hello, | Does anyone know from where can I download TCP/IP version 1.2 | drivers for SCO Unix 3.2v4.2? I need to install a network card (D-Link | DFE 530TX) but when I put: | #netconfig | appears an error: "does not support net configuration" | I think that Unix version was installed without those drivers. I | don't think I could get them from SCO web, they are just promoting | their last versions. I can't either upgrade to SCO 5.x because there | are a lot of old programs running on there. You'd need a license, as well as the programs, and SCO isn't selling those anymore either. What make you think the "old programs" won't run on OSR 5? -- JP In article <147801b.0308131701.b7c44a3@posting.google.com>, Desperate34 <desperate34@yahoo.com> wrote: > Does anyone know from where can I download TCP/IP version 1.2 >drivers for SCO Uni...

SCO Unix 3.2v4.2 N2 Disk
Hello everybody, I tried to install SCO Unix on my computer. But sadly the N1 and N2 are damaged. I cant check the status of the M1 volume. I hope that the tape is intact. Could someone send me the N1, N2 and perhaps the M1 volumes as disk images? The release of the SCO Unix is 3.2v4.2. Thank in advance, Stephan In article <1189270753.536513.53500@19g2000hsx.googlegroups.com>, <p2k@gmx.ch> wrote: >Hello everybody, >I tried to install SCO Unix on my computer. But sadly the N1 and N2 >are damaged. I cant check the status of the M1 volume. I hope that the >tape is intact. Could someone send me the N1, N2 and perhaps the M1 >volumes as disk images? The release of the SCO Unix is 3.2v4.2. > >Thank in advance, >Stephan Didn't that come in both 5.25" and two 3.5" versions? One of the 3.5" versions was for the IBM MCA machines, so I suspect you need to specify the size for the standard version. Bill -- Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com On 8 Sep., 21:52, b...@wjv.com (Bill Vermillion) wrote: > In article <1189270753.536513.53...@19g2000hsx.googlegroups.com>, > > <p...@gmx.ch> wrote: > >Hello everybody, > >I tried to install SCO Unix on my computer. But sadly the N1 and N2 > >are damaged. I cant check the status of the M1 volume. I hope that the > >tape is intact. Could someone send me the N1, N2 and perhaps the M1 > >volumes as disk images? The release of the SCO Unix i...

Floppies missing in SCO UnixWare 2.1.3 (1995) Media Kit
That's about the long and short of it. A friend gave me his (obsolete) SCO UnixWare 2.1.3 stuff for me to play with in QEMU and Bochs. It's got the two SCO UnixWare CD-ROMs, one SCO UnixWare Optional Services Eval CD-ROM, and one UnixWare and OpenServer Development Kit CD-ROM; it doesn't have any SCO UnixWare Installation Diskette, or any SCO UnixWare Host Bus Adapter Drivers Diskette, of the two SCO UnixWare Network Installation Utilities Diskettes, or the DR DOS Bootable Diskette. Since I've legitimately got the CD-ROMs and no floppies, I'm wondering if anyone who has the (working) floppies would be willing to dd copies and email them to me? Thanks Wesley Parish -- "Good, late in to more rewarding well."  "Well, you tonight.  And I was lookintelligent woman of Ming home.  I trust you with a tender silence."  I get a word into my hands, a different and unbelike, probably - 'she fortunate fat woman', wrong word.  I think to me, I justupid. Let not emacs meta-X dissociate-press write your romantic dialogs...!!! ----- Original Message ----- From: "Tux Wonder-Dog" <wes.parish@paradise.net.nz> Newsgroups: comp.unix.sco.misc To: <distro@jpr.com> Sent: Saturday, May 20, 2006 6:09 AM Subject: Floppies missing in SCO UnixWare 2.1.3 (1995) Media Kit > That's about the long an...

[1 1 1 1 1 ;2 2 2 2 2 ;3 3 3 3 3 3;....;n n n n n]
Hi, Anybody knows how to create this matrix but without using any loops? a=[1 1 1 1 1 ;2 2 2 2 2 ;3 3 3 3 3 ;.......;n n n n n ] Thank you. Hana. Hana wrote: > Hi, > Anybody knows how to create this matrix but without using any loops? > a=[1 1 1 1 1 ;2 2 2 2 2 ;3 3 3 3 3 ;.......;n n n n n ] HELP REPMAT - Randy Hana wrote: > > > Hi, > Anybody knows how to create this matrix but without using any > loops? > a=[1 1 1 1 1 ;2 2 2 2 2 ;3 3 3 3 3 ;.......;n n n n n ] > > Thank you. > Hana. Hope this isn't homework. >> repmat([1:n]'...

sco unix 3.2v4.2
hi, does anybody had a vmware instance with sco unix 3.2v4.2 that i could download to test an old application ? thanks, regards. Hello, vomaringo@yahoo.com schrieb: > hi, > does anybody had a vmware instance with sco unix 3.2v4.2 that i could > download to test an old application ? Download the OpenServer 5.0.7 iso image from SCO's ftp <ftp://ftp.sco.com/pub/openserver5/507/iso/OpenServer-5.0.7-July2005> and use it for a small footprint installation inside the virtual machine. There is a licence/key for 60 days. Following the instructions in the readme files. I think it would be easier to use the latest OpenServer 6 for virtual machine installations. It works great with MS VirtualPC. Regards, Andreas Kohl Andreas Kohl wrote: > Hello, > > vomaringo@yahoo.com schrieb: > >>hi, >>does anybody had a vmware instance with sco unix 3.2v4.2 that i could >>download to test an old application ? > > > Download the OpenServer 5.0.7 iso image from SCO's ftp > <ftp://ftp.sco.com/pub/openserver5/507/iso/OpenServer-5.0.7-July2005> > > and use it for a small footprint installation inside the virtual > machine. There is a licence/key for 60 days. Following the instructions > in the readme files. > > I think it would be easier to use the latest OpenServer 6 for virtual > machine installations. It works great with MS VirtualPC. > > Regards, > Andreas Kohl I installed OpenServ...

help... old developers for sco 3.2/4.0
Hi guys.... Yeah ...my old copy of SCO - V386 3.2v4.0 Developer System is damaged... I just brought it from my basement... and I tried to install it on my old pent-100mhz... but no luck... funny think is that my System floppies are OK and I have also even pile up of those old manuals.... but magnetism on the Develop. System floppies is evaporated... hmmm. Is somewhere a good soul which is wiling upload to me this staff... I am old "prompt" guy... (56y) and I have homesick for this old Unix.... time run too fast.. Ola...Carloso. "carloso" <carl_oso34@rogers.com> wrote in message news:sIydnQbtCNjvy8HenZ2dnUVZ_sydnZ2d@rogers.com... > Hi guys.... > > Yeah ...my old copy of SCO - V386 3.2v4.0 Developer System is damaged... > I just brought it from my basement... and I tried to install it on my old > pent-100mhz... > but no luck... funny think is that my System floppies are OK and I have > also even pile up > of those old manuals.... but magnetism on the Develop. System floppies is > evaporated... hmmm. > Is somewhere a good soul which is wiling upload to me this staff... I am > old "prompt" > guy... (56y) and I have homesick for this old Unix.... time run too > fast.. > > Ola...Carloso. Hmmm ...nobody bather. ... that's is life... "carloso" <carl_oso34@rogers.com> wrote in message news:sIydnQbtCNjvy8HenZ2dnUVZ_sydnZ2d@rogers.com... > Hi guys.... &g...

SCO UNIX 3.2.4 vs SCO OS4/5 device driver compatibility
Greetings! The subject pretty much says it all. I've got an ancient SCO 3.2.4 system that must live at least a few years longer. I'm looking into virtualizing it using the QEMU emulator but am having a time finding network card drivers specifically for pre-Open Server versions. The virtualized network device I'm wanting to use is the RTL8029 (PCI ne2000). Any advice, comments or directions would be fantastic. Regards, Stephen Spencer Lawrence, KS Stephen Spencer wrote: > The subject pretty much says it all. I've got an ancient SCO 3.2.4 > system that must live at least a few years longer. I'm looking into > virtualizing it using the QEMU emulator but am having a time finding > network card drivers specifically for pre-Open Server versions. > > The virtualized network device I'm wanting to use is the RTL8029 (PCI > ne2000). There was an NE2K driver for 3.2v4.x ("nat"). Note that it was notorious for not working well with clones. I also don't know if it had ever heard of PCI. The lowest-end NIC emulated by VMware virtualization is an AMD PCnet-PCI. The "pnt" driver for that did exist and did support PCI versions back in 3.2v4.x. I haven't actually tested the combination of 3.2v4.x + "pnt" + VMware. It does work with OSR5 + VMware. You can use the free VMware Player for this purpose. I don't know what NIC hardware is emulated by Xen, KVM, Hyper-V, etc. Hmmmm. The "pn...

how to "(1-3*x^2)/(1-3*x+x^2+2*x^3) => 1/(1-2*x) + x/(1-x-x^2)"?
hi normal(1/(1-2*x) + x/ (1-x-x^2),expanded); 1/(1-2*x) + x/(1-x-x^2) => (1-3*x^2)/(1-3*x+x^2+2*x^3) how to do the reverse? dillogimp@gmail.com writes: > normal(1/(1-2*x) + x/ (1-x-x^2),expanded); > 1/(1-2*x) + x/(1-x-x^2) => (1-3*x^2)/(1-3*x+x^2+2*x^3) > how to do the reverse? convert(%,parfrac,x); -- Joe Riel ...

#1 #n+1 #2n+1 #2 #n+2 #2n+2 #3 #n+3 #2n+3 #n #2n #3n #1 #2 #3 #n #n+1 #n+2 #n+3 #2n #2n+1 100 Gbps aggregate stream of 64/66b words virtual lane markers virtual lane 1 virtual lane 2 virtual lan
#1 #n+1 #2n+1 #2 #n+2 #2n+2 #3 #n+3 #2n+3 #n #2n #3n #1 #2 #3 #n #n+1 #n+2 #n+3 #2n #2n+1 100 Gbps aggregate stream of 64/66b words virtual lane markers virtual lane 1 virtual lane 2 virtual lane 3 virtual lane n Simple 66-bit word level round robin distribution Transmit PM Transmit PM Receive PM Receive PM Transmit PC Receive PC 1 0.0 1.0 0.1 0.2 0.3 1.2 1.2 1.1 0.0 1.0 0.1 1.1 2.0 3.0 4.0 6.0 7.0 9.0 10.0 11.0 12.0 13.0 14.0 15.0 17.0 18.0 19.0 2.0 3.0 4.0 5.0 6.0 7.0 8.0 9.0 10.0 11.0 12.0 13.0 14.0 15.0 16.0 17.0 18.0 19.0 0.0 0.1 8.0 16.0 5.0 13.0 2.0 10.0 18.0 7.0 15.0 2.1 4.0 12.0 1.0 9.0 17.0 4.1 6.0 14.0 3.0 11.0 19.0 6.1 8.0 5.0 16.0 VL0 VL1 VL2 0.0 1.0 0.1 1.1 2.0 3.0 4.0 5.0 6.0 7.0 8.0 9.0 10.0 11.0 12.0 13.0 14.0 15.0 16.0 17.0 18.0 19.0 0.0 1.0 0.1 0.2 0.3 1.2 1.2 1.1 2.0 3.0 4.0 6.0 7.0 9.0 10.0 11.0 12.0 13.0 14.0 15.0 17.0 18.0 19.0 8.0 5.0 16.0 VL19 identified and reported. 2:1 0 10 2:1 1 11 2:1 2 12 2:1 3 13 2:1 4 14 2:1 5 15 2:1 6 16 2:1 7 17 2:1 8 18 2:1 9 19 1:2 1:2 1:2 1:2 1:2 1:2 1:2 1:2 1:2 1:2 Transmit P Receive P PMAtor PMAtor PMDoor PMDoor Virtual_Lanes Electrical_Lanes Optical_Lanes Electrical_Lanes begin transit transmit... .... transmitting... ...

Serial/Activation key for SCO Unix System V 3.2v4.2
Hi I recently got a used copy of SCO Unix System V which i would like to try out. The original media kit is a bit old, but works perfectly (i've made backups just in case). The problem is that i'm unable to install it because the serial number and activation key cannot be easily read. I wonder if someone can provide me with a working key for this version. I have a licensed copy anyway. Thanks in advance, Sergio Aguayo "Sergio Aguayo" <webmaster@qmailhosting.net> wrote in message news:op.tfqyydp6ntkde3@localhost... > Hi > > I recently got a used copy of SCO Unix System V which i would like to try > out. The original media kit is a bit old, but works perfectly (i've made > backups just in case). The problem is that i'm unable to install it > because the serial number and activation key cannot be easily read. I > wonder if someone can provide me with a working key for this version. I > have a licensed copy anyway. > > Thanks in advance, > > Sergio Aguayo > Get fedora core 5 instead, It's free! It has unlimited users accounts, unlimited multiprocesor support, the list goes on. It has the POWER! and FAST! On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 13:16:01 -0500, Enrique Arredondo <atk@sbcglobal.net> wrote: > > "Sergio Aguayo" <webmaster@qmailhosting.net> wrote in message > news:op.tfqyydp6ntkde3@localhost... >> Hi >> >> I recently got a used copy of ...

Audit of Unixware 2.1.3 and SCO 5.7.1.1 machines
Hi, I'm trying to perform an Audit of several Unixware 2.1.3 and SCO 5.7.1.1 (yes, really!) and I need to get the commands to grab all the info about the systems. This is things like number of disk controllers, disks, size of disks, amount of memory, CPUs, software installed, NICs, tape drives, volume groups (if approprate). Is there a bunch of commands somewhere that I can use to get all this info. I've been googling around, and looking through this group for some of the morning but I'm not having much luck. Have got all the commands / scripts for AIX, Solaris and HP-UX but not for SCO. Many thanks, Steve Button On 2 Aug 2005 04:06:58 -0700, "Steve Button" <steve0504@pointers-uk.net> wrote: >Hi, > >I'm trying to perform an Audit of several Unixware 2.1.3 and SCO >5.7.1.1 (yes, really!) and I need to get the commands to grab all the >info about the systems. This is things like number of disk controllers, >disks, size of disks, amount of memory, CPUs, software installed, NICs, >tape drives, volume groups (if approprate). > >Is there a bunch of commands somewhere that I can use to get all this >info. I've been googling around, and looking through this group for >some of the morning but I'm not having much luck. > Is version 5.7.1.1 UnixWare 7.1.1? I've never seen Unixware in any form, but on SCO OpenServer there is a command called "hw" which will detail most if not all of what y...

Help construct a tree 1 -> 1.1 -> 1.2 -> 2 -> 2.1 -> 2.1.1 etc HELP !!!!!!!
Folks I need help. I have a view or(Text file) as follows: '1 2.1 1.1.1 1.1.1.1 2.2.1 1.3 2 Dim Parent() As String Dim Level1() As String Dim Level2() As String Dim Level3() As String etc .. How can I construct a tree. parent, children, grand children etc... and also figure out # of children # of grand children etc Thanks "Mos" <lndebug@gmail.com> wrote in message news:875cd1df-7605-45ab-9f7b-f1edec25d47b@r34g2000vbi.googlegroups.com... > Folks I need help. I have a view or(Text file) as follows: > > '1 > 2.1 > 1.1.1 > 1....

Borland Guru's I need help I have a text file as follows: 1 2 1.1 1.1.1 3.3 2.3 etc I cannot use a control active x tree I need to read this file and 1 is a parent 1.1 is a child of parent 1 and 2 is a parent 2.3 is a child of parent 2 and construct in search a way using arrays or probably a recursive function No xml parsing just read a file. Does any body have a function "Mos" <lndebug@gmail.com> wrote in message news:c1aaeb20-3c1f-408d-9986-bb8d28a87509@s31g2000vbp.googlegroups.com... > I have a text file as follows: > 1 > 2 > 1.1 >...

Help construct a tree 1 -> 1.1 -> 1.2 -> 2 -> 2.1 -> 2.1.1 etc HELP !!!!!!!
Folks I need help. I have a view or(Text file) as follows: '1 2.1 1.1.1 1.1.1.1 2.2.1 1.3 2 Dim Parent() As String Dim Level1() As String Dim Level2() As String Dim Level3() As String etc .. How can I construct a tree. parent, children, grand children etc... and also figure out # of children # of grand children etc Thanks "Mos" <lndebug@gmail.com> wrote in message news:875cd1df-7605-45ab-9f7b-f1edec25d47b@r34g2000vbi.googlegroups.com... > Folks I need help. I have a view or(Text file) as follows: > > '1 > 2.1 > 1.1.1 > 1....

Re: Audit of Unixware 2.1.3 and SCO 5.7.1.1 machines (fwd)
On Tue, 2 Aug 2005, Steve Button wrote: > I'm trying to perform an Audit of several Unixware 2.1.3 and SCO > 5.7.1.1 (yes, really!) and I need to get the commands to grab all the > info about the systems. This is things like number of disk controllers, > disks, size of disks, amount of memory, CPUs, software installed, NICs, > tape drives, volume groups (if approprate). > > Is there a bunch of commands somewhere that I can use to get all this > info. I've been googling around, and looking through this group for > some of the morning but I'm not having much luck. > > Have got all the commands / scripts for AIX, Solaris and HP-UX but not > for SCO. Take a look at the UnixWare 7 FAQ at http://www.zenez.com/cgi-bin/ou8faq/faq How do I document my UW 7 System? (HW, SW...) http://www.zenez.com/tmp/ou8faqz/cache/248.html Good Luck, -- Boyd Gerber <gerberb@zenez.com> ZENEZ 1042 East Fort Union #135, Midvale Utah 84047 ...

SCO Unix 3.2.4.2 networking/licensing
Hi All, It's been a long time since I've worked with SCO 3.2.4.2 and I've encountered a remote system that I need to migrate off of and networking is essential to the plan. The system doesn't have networking installed and I'm worried that they may not be licensed for it. I recall that some of what we would consider to be standard options were extra licensed options back then. Does anyone remember if 3.2.4.2 included TCP/IP networking in the base license? I just hope I this customer has the original disks. Thanks, > It's been a long time since I've worked with SCO 3.2.4.2 and I've > encountered a remote system that I need to migrate off of and > networking is essential to the plan. > > The system doesn't have networking installed and I'm worried that they > may not be licensed for it. I recall that some of what we would > consider to be standard options were extra licensed options back > then. > > Does anyone remember if 3.2.4.2 included TCP/IP networking in the base > license? > > I just hope I this customer has the original disks. Products at that time included (among others) SCO Unix 3.2v4.2 and SCO Open Desktop 3.0 / SCO Open Server 3.0. If someone bought the standalone Unix package then they could buy TCP/IP as an addon (it would have been SCO TCP/IP for Unix, version 1.2.1). Chances are, if they have a TCP-less install, they bought the plain Unix package and did not buy TCP/IP. If...

How to mount SCO 3.2v4.2/ODT 3.0 CD
Could you please explain how to mount SCO 3.2v4.2/ODT 3.0 Installation CD out of any SCO Unix? I ask for exact mount statement, or, if there is a third-party tool used to access this SCO CD, let me know where is it on the Internet. I have available RedHat 7.3, Solaris 8, and Windows 2000/NT. Windows did not recognize that SCO CD at all, while in other two OS I tested practically all supported filesystems in a mount statement (iso9660/hs/hsfs, ufs, s5, afs, dfs, hfs, etc) without success. Interestingly 'UnixWare Development Kit' CD was mount without problems. Thank you in advance. Sam wrote: > Could you please explain how to mount SCO 3.2v4.2/ODT 3.0 > Installation CD out of any SCO Unix? > I ask for exact mount statement, or, if there is a third-party tool > used to access this SCO CD, let me know where is it on the Internet. > > I have available RedHat 7.3, Solaris 8, and Windows 2000/NT. > > Windows did not recognize that SCO CD at all, while in other two OS > I tested practically all supported filesystems in a mount statement > (iso9660/hs/hsfs, ufs, s5, afs, dfs, hfs, etc) without success. > Interestingly 'UnixWare Development Kit' CD was mount without problems. An ODT 3.0 CD doesn't contain a mountable filesystem. It contains a series of tar archives separated by "file marks". Under SCO Unix / OpenServer, this format can be accessed via the "cdt" (CD Tape) driver. But you should be a...

RE: needed library for 9.3.2 that wasn't needed for 9.3.1. #2
You could have a look to build a 'static' version. Don't remember which option now, but I could look at that Monday. It's Friday 17:00 now and I am about of leaving :-))) As long as you are copying to similar architecture, you can safely copy binaries around. If you build a 32 bit object Sparc cpu, you see what I mean .. Regards -----Original Message----- From: bind-users-bounce@isc.org [mailto:bind-users-bounce@isc.org] On Behalf Of Christopher L. Barnard Sent: vrijdag 31 maart 2006 16:40 To: bind-users@isc.org Subject: Re: needed library for 9.3.2 that wasn't needed for 9.3.1. On Fri, 31 Mar 2006, Mark Andrews wrote: > > > > I am upgrading to version 9.3.2 on several of my Solaris 9 servers > > from version 9.3.1. I notice that the named 9.3.2 binary requires > > the libgcc_s.so library. Previous versions did not -- I would build > > the binary on a server with a compiler and move the binaries to a > > production server that does not. I do not have gcc installed on my > > production servers, so libgcc_s.so does not exist. Is there a way > > to build Bind version 9.3.2 so that it does not require the libgcc_s.so library to run? > > Don't build with gcc. Other than that install the library on the > other machine. Just about all of the other applications puke if I try to compile them with the Sun compiler -- they specify gcc. I have compiled 4...

SCO Unixware 2.1.x on VMware server 1.0.3
I'm trying to install SCO Unixware 2.1.x on VMware server 1.0.3. I realze that this is an unsupported configuration (from VMware's perspective) we're doing this to provide a short term DR solution (peace-of-mind) for a critical Unixware 2.1 system until it can be upgraded, migrated or phased out. The problem we're having is that the SCO installer is not recognizing the IDE controllers or CDROM drive. I have tried loading the ptf3116 updated drivers and the hba212 driver disks to no avail. Within the DCU (Device Configuration Utility) I do see 3 unknown devices which I am assuming are the IDE controller, CDROM drive and Hard Drive but, the IRQ and I/O values do not seem to correspond to what I would expect VMware to be presenting, and appear uneditable. I have searched extensively on the web for documentation on this configuration. I have found posts saying that it is possible to complete this install however, I do not see any info on how it was done. If anyone can offer pointers or links to documentation we've missed I would greatly appreciate the assistance. Thanks, -Andy On Jul 26, 4:16 pm, andy.rei...@gmail.com wrote: > I'm trying to install SCO Unixware 2.1.x on VMware server 1.0.3. I > realze that this is an unsupported configuration (from VMware's > perspective) we're doing this to provide a short term DR solution > (peace-of-mind) for a critical Unixware 2.1 system until it can be > upgraded, migrated or phased...

Need Help for integrating Tomcat 4.1 and Eclipse 3.1.2
Hi, I have a simple question, I need some help to install either SYSDEO or LOMBOZ in Eclipse. I have try to work with SYSDEO but my Struts project wasn't able to be deploy in the webapp folder of tomcat... Do I need to deploy myself the war inside the webapp folder, Tomcat was able to be run and stopped but I could get the struts application deployed... With Lomboz, nothing works... Is there a good tutorial about one of the plugin that will work for sure?? Thanks Etienne Paris Hi Etienne, without an error message or something like that, one cannot really know, what went wrong. What is written in your console and logfiles? i know, that this was working for me with Tomcat 4 and Eclipse 3.01. But i am not sure for 3.1 What you could also do (this is what we do) is to run ant and deploy your webapp with ant (or maven). then you have more control about the deployment and can be really sure, that after a clean and redeploy all your classes are really the current ones HTH. rgds. Alex etienno@gmail.com schrieb: > Hi, > > I have a simple question, I need some help to install either SYSDEO or > LOMBOZ in Eclipse. I have try to work with SYSDEO but my Struts > project wasn't able to be deploy in the webapp folder of tomcat... Do I > need to deploy myself the war inside the webapp folder, Tomcat was able > to be run and stopped but I could get the struts application > deployed... > > With Lomboz, nothing works... Is there a good ...

Newbie question; why (cons (list 1 2) (list 3 4)) is ((1 2) 3 4) and not ((1 2) (3 4))
Hi, I just started to learn LISP, and stumbled in SICP upon (cons (list 1 2) (list 3 4)) is evaluated to ((1 2) 3 4) I do not understand why this is not: ((1 2) (3 4)) because (cdr (cons (list 1 2) (list 3 4))) is (3 4) and (car (cons (list 1 2) (list 3 4))) is (1 2) Is there a logical explanation? Thank you for your patience. -- Greg Out of order, gregor <gregor@ediwo.com> writes: > Is there a logical explanation? Yes. > I just started to learn LISP, and stumbled in SICP upon But first, let's talk about LISP, Lisp, Scheme and Common Lisp. LISP is the name of the programming language invented in 1959 by John McCarthy and of the first program implementing it written amongst other by Steve Russel, one of his students. LISP 1.5 is a segueing version of that same program dating about 1962 that had some distribution. Then various lisp languages were developed at various places by various teams. Names such as MacLisp, InterLisp, LeLisp, StandardLisp, vLisp, Lisp Machine Lisp, Scheme, GNU Emacs Lisp, etc. It was quite a mess, and people had a hard time sharing programs. So they talked and designed and wrote and voted and produced the ANSI Common Lisp standard (in the USA), meanwhile in Europe they produced the ISO Lisp standard. Nowadays, almost all the other lisps are "dead", with only scheme (current version r5rs, r7r...

DOS 3.1 and 3.2.1 disks?
I know there's images of DOS 3.2 and 3.3, I'd kind of like to experiment with the two lesser-known versions of DOS (3.1 and 3.2.1), does anyone have images of these? Thanks in advance. -uso. (This concerns early, pre-1980 versions of the Apple II Disk Operating System) Lyrical Nanoha wrote: > I know there's images of [Apple] DOS 3.2 and 3.3, I'd kind of like to experiment > with the two lesser-known versions of [Apple] DOS (3.1 and 3.2.1), does anyone > have images of these? Thanks in advance. ....or actual floppy disks, for that matter? I can image them for...

HoldForm[1*2*3] should give 1 x 2 x 3 not 2 x 3
HoldForm[] is loosing the 1* when it apparently should not: In[1]:= HoldForm[1*2*3] Out[1]= 2 x 3 In[2]:= HoldForm[1*1*1] Out[2]= 1 x 1 x 1 In[3]:= HoldForm[3*2*1] Out[3]= 3 x 2 In[4]:= HoldForm[2*2*2] Out[4]= 2 x 2 x 2 In[5]:= HoldForm[2*1*3] Out[5]= 2 x 3 In[6]:= HoldForm[1*2] Out[6]= 1 x 2 In[7]:= HoldForm[1*2*1] Out[7]= 1 x 2 x 1 Q.E.D. Indeed, the same happens with Hold and HoldComplete. I'd say this is a bug. Cheers -- Sjoerd On Feb 25, 11:07 am, "Q.E.D." <a...@netzero.net> wrote: > HoldForm[] is loosing the 1* when it...

need SCO Unix help please
I have inherited a server which runs SCO Unix Open Server Release 5. I know the server that it replaced (it was a year 2k upgrade) ran an Informix db engine. (I don't know what version.) I'm assuming that the current version is 7, but I don't know. (This server is only occasionally used for reference, and there has been no one to watch over it.) The last time I worked with SCO was about 5 years ago... How would I go about finding out what the db engine is, and what version? How can I find out the db name(s)? I'd like to use an ODBC connection from my XP Pro client to suck out what data I can, and I'm hoping that it has what this scenario would require, on the server end. I have an Informix v7 driver on my client, but I need to know what the db name(s) is/are, etc. Any help/guidance you can impart would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance, Tom I'll assume you ar enot running cloudscape, redbrick or illustra.... If its SE 4 or 5 then bcheck -V If its SE 7 the secheck -V If its OnLine 4 or 5 then tbstat -V If its Online 6,7,8 or 9 then onstat -V Alternatively log in as root, and in $INFORMIXDIR/etc there should be a hidden file, .crfile That should tell you wnat products were installed in what arder, oldest product at the top of the file Tom <tcsmith@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:<tp3s60t6d0k7rkfq8c99gbeibik75nh83i@4ax.com>... > I have in...

Web resources about - 1 missing floppy disk in SCO Development 3.2v4.2, i need your help. - comp.unix.sco.misc

United States Department of Housing and Urban Development - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Robert C. Weaver Federal Building , 451 7th Street SW , Washington, D.C. 38°53′2.17″N 77°1′21.03″W  /  38.8839361°N 77.0225083°W  / 38.8839361; ...

Manuka Oval development's scope is incomprehensible
... the extraordinary proposal to redevelop Manuka Oval and surrounds put forward by GWS Giants and Grocon, but the fact is the proposed development ...

NSW Government's Central to Eveleigh property development excludes social housing
The first housing project in the Baird government's trumpeted Central to Eveleigh development program includes 20-storey towers adjacent to the ...

Bumpy flight ahead as Bombers brace for year of development
Normally, a new-look side is the source for much optimism.

Scrap the DAP: Perth councils rally against development assessment panels
Western suburbs councils and the City of South Perth have joined calls from Vincent and Bayswater to abolish state development assessment panels. ...

Apple COO Jeff Williams introduces new CareKit framework, shares latest ResearchKit developments
... over a year since Apple’s Jeff Williams first introduced ResearchKit on stage, and today the Apple COO returned to present the latest developments ...

Remente Personal Development App Launches Worldwide
Personal development app Remente has launched worldwide with the goal of helping users complete their goals and live healthier lives. With Remente, ...

New bed approvals to drive development in aged care sector
... latest round of aged care allocations will fund thousands of new bed places with close to $1 billion annually, driving a wave of development ...

Intel retires “tick-tock” development model, extending the life of each process
... the Kaby Lake processor isn't a one-off. Intel's latest 10-K filing (spotted at Motley Fool ) discloses that the two-phase "tick-tock" development ...