> Machine = PentII(D)
> BusType = ISA
> Serial = 4FI018581
> Users = 130-user
> OEM# = 0
> Origin# = 1
> NumCPU = 2
>
> truss doesn't helps.

`uname -a` uses the uname(S) system call; `uname -X` uses __scoinfo(S).
You can see the respective structures by doing:

  # scodb
  scodb> d &utsname
  scodb> d &scoutsname
  scodb> q

The structures are initialized in /etc/conf/pack.d/kernel/space.c.
`uname -v` comes from VER, which is #defined in kernel/space.c; `uname
-X` Release comes from SCORELEASE, which is #defined in
/etc/conf/cf.d/version.h.  You can see how the two could get out of
sync.

>Bela<
0
belal (357)

Upgrading 5.0.5 to 5.0.6/5.0.7
Hi, I've inheirited 3 SCO Servers and need to upgrade one to 5.0.6 from 5.0.5. The other two are at 5.0.6 and I want them all in line. Some questions: 1. Does SCO charge for this upgrade? If so, how much? 2. How easy is the upgrade? 3. Should I go to 5.0.7 instead for all the machines? Thanks, Jon Jon Wynacht typed (on Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 09:16:17AM -0700): | Hi, | | I've inheirited 3 SCO Servers and need to upgrade one to 5.0.6 from | 5.0.5. The other two are at 5.0.6 and I want them all in line. Some | questions: | | 1. Does SCO charge for this upgrade? If so, how much? >From 5.0.5 Enterprise to 5.0.7 Enterprise, $599. >From 5.0.6 Enterprise to 5.0.7 Enterprise, $369. | 2. How easy is the upgrade? Not hard; be sure to use ftp.jpr.com/pub/savefiles. | 3. Should I go to 5.0.7 instead for all the machines? Yes, and when you order the upgrades, also add in SCO Update, which will eventually bring you all the changes that bring you the Legend release. -- JP Jon Wynacht wrote: > Hi, > > I've inheirited 3 SCO Servers and need to upgrade one to 5.0.6 from > 5.0.5. The other two are at 5.0.6 and I want them all in line. Some > questions: > > 1. Does SCO charge for this upgrade? If so, how much? Of course. See http://aplawrence.com/scoprices.html > 2. How easy is the upgrade? Usually painless, but see http://aplawrence.com/Unixart/upgrades.html > 3. Should I go to 5.0.7 instead for all the machines? Yes, no questi...

Looking for precompiled 'rsync" for SCO 5.0.5, 5.0.6 and 5.0.7
I was recommended to use 'rsync' for multi-site transfers. But I have come to find that "rsync" does not exist already in OpenServer 5.0.5, 5.0.6 and 5.0.7. You can only get the "source" files which you "must" compile in order to create the "rsync." These seems to require that you compile these on every level of OpenServer you need. Where / how can I get the 'rsync' binaries already compiled for the levels I need? smlunatick typed (on Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 11:10:53AM -0700): | I was recommended to use 'rsync' for multi-site transfers. But I have | come to find that "rsync" does not exist already in OpenServer 5.0.5, | 5.0.6 and 5.0.7. You can only get the "source" files which you "must" | compile in order to create the "rsync." These seems to require that | you compile these on every level of OpenServer you need. | | Where / how can I get the 'rsync' binaries already compiled for the | levels I need? Get a binary for OSR 5.0.7, and with oss646c, it should run on 5.0.4, 5.0.5, and 5.0.6. Binary afavilable on Brian White's page at www.aljex.com/bkw. -- JP On Aug 18, 7:37=A0pm, Jean-Pierre Radley <j...@jpr.com> wrote: > smlunatick typed (on Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 11:10:53AM -0700): > | I was recommended to use 'rsync' for multi-site transfers. =A0But I hav= e > | come to find that "rsync" does not exist already in OpenSer...

Upgrade OSR 5.0.5 to 5.0.6 or 5.0.7
Hi all, I've two olds servers DELL Poweredge 2300 with Raid PERC, funtionning with OSR 5.0.5. Iwant upgrade the OS to 5.0.6 or 5.0.7 but it seems (sco.com) that the poweredge 2300 is bnot supported after OSR 5.0.5 (Hardware comptatibility). has somebody attempt this with success and which drivers (Raid PERC, Adaptec) are used. Thank you in advance fir the help. ----------------------------------------------------- Andre Georgel Email : andre.georgel@noos.fr "La perfection n'est pas lorsqu'il n'y a plus rien � ajouter, mais lorsque qu'il n'y a plus rien � enlever." "Perfection is not when there is nothing to add, but when there is nothing to remove." (A. de Saint Exupery) ------------------------------------------------------ On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 10:25:06 +0000, Andre Georgel <andre.georgel@mareduspam.com> wrote: >Hi all, > >I've two olds servers DELL Poweredge 2300 with Raid PERC, funtionning >with OSR 5.0.5. > >Iwant upgrade the OS to 5.0.6 or 5.0.7 but it seems (sco.com) that the >poweredge 2300 is bnot supported after OSR 5.0.5 (Hardware >comptatibility). > >has somebody attempt this with success and which drivers (Raid PERC, >Adaptec) are used. > >Thank you in advance fir the help. > >----------------------------------------------------- >Andre Georgel > >Email : andre.georgel@noos.fr > >"La perfection n'est pas lorsqu'il n'y a plus...

NFS SCo 5.0.5 with SCO 6.0.0
Hi everybody, I have a folder on SCO 5.0.5 server shared through NFS with a new SCO 6.0.0 with MP2 server (converted from a SCO 5.0.6 version). Before conversion file locks (over network) on this folder works well (eg from server SCO 5.0.6 I was able to see locks generated from SCO 5.0.5 box and viceversa), now with SCO 6.0.0 does not work ! I see that on SCO 6.0.0 the lockd daemon is active .. so it should work ... Please can you help me ? Thanks Cuffiette ...

SCO 5.0.5/5.0.6 bios clock, time zone and synching
Hi All, Does SCO expect the BIOS clock to be set to UTC? Ive got a few SCO boxen spread across a couple of time zones and at the moment, the bios clocks in the servers are set to localtime not UTC. The timezone settings in SCO Admin are also wrong. I was under the impression *nix always expects the BIOS clock to be set to UTC and then the timezone settings in SCO tell the OS what the local time is. This does not seem to be the case for me. On a testing box, Ive set the BIOS clock to UTC, set the correct timezone in scoadmin but the date command in a root shell still gives the wrong time. Either the timezone information in scoadmin for my timezone is wrong and I need to set up an unlisted timezone (which I can do easily enough) or im missing something more fundamental here. Anyone care to wield a clue-bat? cheers John Smith wrote: > Does SCO expect the BIOS clock to be set to UTC? > > Ive got a few SCO boxen spread across a couple of time zones and at > the moment, the bios clocks in the servers are set to localtime not > UTC. > The timezone settings in SCO Admin are also wrong. > > I was under the impression *nix always expects the BIOS clock to be > set to UTC and then the timezone settings in SCO tell the OS what the > local time is. > This does not seem to be the case for me. > On a testing box, Ive set the BIOS clock to UTC, set the correct > timezone in scoadmin but the date command in a root shell still gives > the wro...

Licensing question 5.0.4 - 5.0.6
We need to upgrade a backup server from 5.0.4 to 5.0.6 (same as live server). Our supplier told us that a base pack upgrade for 5.0.6 is not available and we would have to have 5.0.7. This version of Sco is not certified compatible with our server. Does anyone know if we can install 5.0.7 licences on 5.0.6? Also it feels like the supplier is telling stories to force us into buying a new server. Does anyone know if 5.0.6 base packs are available? Thanks for your help Regards BB p.s. anonymity preserved to prevent Spam. Bigbyte typed (on Tue, Sep 09, 2003 at 04:22:53PM +0100): | We need to upgrade a backup server from 5.0.4 to 5.0.6 (same as live | server). Our supplier told us that a base pack upgrade for 5.0.6 is not | available and we would have to have 5.0.7. This version of Sco is not | certified compatible with our server. Does anyone know if we can install | 5.0.7 licences on 5.0.6? No. But why would you want to? | Also it feels like the supplier is telling stories to force us into buying a | new server. Does anyone know if 5.0.6 base packs are available? What do you mean by a "base pack"? -- JP On Tue, 9 Sep 2003, Bigbyte wrote: > We need to upgrade a backup server from 5.0.4 to 5.0.6 (same as live > server). Our supplier told us that a base pack upgrade for 5.0.6 is not > available and we would have to have 5.0.7. This version of Sco is not > certified compatible with our server. Does anyone know if we can install > 5.0.7 licenc...

SCO 5.0.5 vs. 6.0
I'm having a new server built: SuperMicro P4SC8 Mother Board Intel P4 3.0Ghz 800 FSB 1GB CPU 73GB 10K 80 PIN SCSI Drive Sony 20/40GB DAT Drive SDT11000/BN DDS4 Adaptec 2010S Card for Mirroring Comtrol Rockport Card 99126-7 Is there any reason I should update my current version of SCO 5.0.5? Frank The following article is a recommendation from SCO when using P4 http://www.sco.com/ta/115963 "FrankS" <fshank@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:CqT_f.65026$H71.37215@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com... > I'm having a new server built: > > SuperMicro P4SC8 Mother Board > Intel P4 3.0Ghz 800 FSB 1GB CPU > 73GB 10K 80 PIN SCSI Drive > Sony 20/40GB DAT Drive SDT11000/BN DDS4 > > Adaptec 2010S Card for Mirroring > > Comtrol Rockport Card 99126-7 > > > > Is there any reason I should update my current version of SCO 5.0.5? > > > > Frank > > > > > > FrankS wrote: > I'm having a new server built: > > SuperMicro P4SC8 Mother Board > Intel P4 3.0Ghz 800 FSB 1GB CPU > 73GB 10K 80 PIN SCSI Drive > Sony 20/40GB DAT Drive SDT11000/BN DDS4 > > Adaptec 2010S Card for Mirroring > > Comtrol Rockport Card 99126-7 > > > > Is there any reason I should update my current version of SCO 5.0.5? Frank, OpenServer 5.0.5 is a retired product and is no longer generally supported by SCO. OpenServer 5.0.5 is not designed to work on P4 systems and y...

Sco OpenServer upgrading 5.0.6 to 5.0.7
I need some help. I need to upgrade my Sco O.S.506 to 507 and told me that I need to reinstall all the operative system and not the upgrading of it. Is it true ? Thanks in advance and excuse me if before someone alredy answered this query but I do not find anything about this matter bye Roberto Pineapple typed (on Wed, Apr 07, 2004 at 01:39:46PM +0200): | I need some help. | I need to upgrade my Sco O.S.506 to 507 and told me that I need to reinstall | all the operative system and not the upgrading of it. | Is it true ? No. | Thanks in advance and excuse me if before someone alredy answered this query | but I do not find anything about this matter While In-Place Upgrades do now work considerably better than they did a few years ago, I *still* counsel against them. Use my savefiles script, make good backups, and then a fresh install. -- JP "Pineapple" <roberquaNO@SPAMvirgilio.it> wrote in message news:<c50pa5$vri$1@newsreader.mailgate.org>... > I need some help. > I need to upgrade my Sco O.S.506 to 507 and told me that I need to reinstall > all the operative system and not the upgrading of it. > Is it true ? > Thanks in advance and excuse me if before someone alredy answered this query > but I do not find anything about this matter > > bye > Roberto I had same problem, and I was unable to upgrade . Only fresh reinstall was Ok. Pineapple <roberquaNO@spamvirgilio.it> wrote: >I need some help. >I need to...

[ace-users] ACE+TAO+CIAO
Hi all, We are pleased to announce the latest ACE+TAO+CIAO beta. This beta has been tagged ACE+TAO+CIAO-5_5_6. The main difference between this release and x.5.5 is that the ACE exception macros (except for ACE_THROW_RETURN and ACE_THROW_SPEC) have been removed from all TAO and CIAO code. It is available from the same download location as per the previous release. http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/ The doxygen documentation for the beta is also available. Included with this beta, besides the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles, we also provide source only packages for the group of users which use MPC to generate their own makefiles. We encourage you to download the new beta, use it with your applications, and let us know if you encounter any problems. Please use the: $ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $CIAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM so that we have the proper version/platform/compiler/options you're using to report problems. We also request that you take a look at: $TAO_ROOT/docs/releasenotes/ for the status of various ongoing projects at the DOC groups of WashU, UCI, and Vanderbilt to move ACE+TAO+CIAO forward. Overviews of our recent progress and upcoming plans are available at: $ACE_ROOT/NEWS $TAO_ROOT/NEWS $CIAO_ROOT/NEWS The overall success rates for the test results gathered from all our daily builds is 96% for the ACE tests and 92% for the TAO tests. Please see: http://ww...

SYbase SQL & SCO OpenServer 5.0.4/5.0.5
Can somone help me with wich SQL versions runs on SCO OSR5.0.4 and SCO OSR 5.0.5? So your the customer SCO still has :-) Sorry.. Couldn't resist ! ASE 10.0.2 was certified on SCO OSR5.0.2 with OS patches SLS 422a, SLS 437a. It wasn't certified on anything higher. ASE 11.0.x was certified on 5.0.4, but nothing higher. Sybase doesn't support 10.x or 11.x any more ...

SCO Open Server 5.0.6 versus 5.0.4
Hi, Anybody can point me to info or can state if there is a performance improvement from running 5.0.6 versus 5.0.4. Application is database access centered. Regards, Marian news wrote: > Hi, > Anybody can point me to info or can state if there is a performance > improvement from running 5.0.6 versus 5.0.4. Application is database access > centered. I don't think you are going to get a useful answer. Let's assume that I could authoritatively say that 5.0.6 has performance related improvements over .4 in certain areas. I can't recall if it does or doesn't, but the release notes would surely mention any. But so what? What does that say about YOUR application? Do we know where its performance issuees are now? Nope. We could assume it's probably disk bound, because that's a pretty safe assumption most any time, but even if true, what have you done for better or worse in that regard already? Maybe this is an Oracle database and you have it running on a RAID 5 system. As that's usually going to be a bad idea, you could gain nothing even if 5.0.6 did otherwise provide features that would otherwise improve your lot. Maybe you have the whole thing improperly tuned. Maybe you have it so perfectly tuned that an upgrade would make it worse because everything is so critically balanced to what you have now.. There are plenty of good reasons to upgrade to 5.0.6/7. If that's what you are lookimg for (a reason to sell the idea to ...

Sybase and Openserver 5.0.4/5.0.5
Can somone give me information about what Sybase Sql version that runs on OSR5.0.4 and OSR5.0.5 etc? ...

if time = 3 seconds, how do i set the values of the time steps 0,0.1,0.2,0.3,0.5,1.0,1.5,2.0,3.0,5.0 to -9999 from time =3 seconds
Hi &nbsp; I have 18 inputs (arrays) which contain certain statistics and if time&nbsp;&nbsp;= 3 seconds, set the values of time step 5.0 to -9999.0. &nbsp; I was wondering if there is an efficient way to do this without using a lot of case statements? &nbsp; Thank you. Hello AdrianT, it's not really clear to me what you want to do... I suspect: you have an array containing values and you want to output them with a fixed timing of 3 seconds: you should use a for loop autoindexing trough your array and sending the value to your indicator/output/whatever. Put a "wait for next multiple" into your for loop. Or do you want to have a minimum time delay of 3 seconds? Again use a for loop, get the time value and use a InRange&amp;Coerce with minimum set to 3 seconds... Or you should explain more precisely what you need... Hi Thanks for that. Let me explain. &nbsp; The time may vary. Let me give an example. if time&nbsp; = 2.1, I want to set the time step's &nbsp;3.0 and 5.0's values to -9999.0. if the time =0.1 seconds then I want to set 0.2,0.3, 0.5 etc values to -9999.0 etc .................................................................... &nbsp; Can you please help? Thank you. Hello TUDS, do you use different accounts/nicknames ? Well, that's easy, at least for a sorted array: Search for your time-value in the array (Threshold 1D array). Fill all elements from that index till the end with your "error...

SATA on 5.0.6 or 5.0.7?
Anyone running SCO 5.0.6 or 5.0.7 on servers with SATA drives? I'd like to hear from anyone with SATA based servers and if they met their exceptions for performance and reliability. In the past, I have always used SCSI drives for the performance and customary 5 year warrantee. Now SATA drives are available with 5 year warrantee and manufactures claim the drives are equivalent to SCSI performance at 40% less cost. I have checked my distributors and all the SATA drives I can find are 7200 RPM with the exception of the 36G WD360GD 10k RPM SATA drive. I have a request from a client running SCO 3.2v4.2 on 66 MHz 486 with 4G disk to upgrade to current hardware and OS. SCSI is overkill for this client and the 36G WD looks like a good choice. I'll eliminate all SCSI by using Backup Edge writing to a ATAPI DVD-RAM and upgrade the client to 5.0.6 or 5.0.7 (SCO's web site suggests it has upgrades to Enterprise 6.0 from Xenix/UNIX but there is no part number listed and inquiries come up: Not Available). -- Steve Fabac S.M. Fabac & Associates 816/765-1670 I have switched over most of my small server installs over to SATA raid using the intel SRCS16 raid controller and the 10K 36 gig raptor drives. So far other then one of the cables breaking off the connector during shipping, I have not had any probelms. On the smaller system running aro...

SCO OpenServer 5.0.4/5.0.5 New Daylight Savings dates
Has anyone yet come up with a solution on changing older SCO OpenServer 5.0.4 / 5.0.5 / 5.0.6 systems to accommodate the new daylight savings dates starting this year?? I have looked around at SCO's site and they have an update to install on 5.0.7 systems that also indicate you should install new libc, etc Anyone know how to fix this on older SCO OpenServer releases?? Thanks for any help Scott Ullmann Telespectrum sullmann@telespectrum.com scooter typed (on Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 12:37:58PM -0800): | Has anyone yet come up with a solution on changing older SCO OpenServer | 5.0.4 / 5.0.5 / 5.0.6 systems to accommodate the new daylight savings | dates starting this year?? | | I have looked around at SCO's site and they have an update to install | on 5.0.7 systems that also indicate you should install new libc, etc | | Anyone know how to fix this on older SCO OpenServer releases?? I'm in the EST timezone, and so I would edit /etc/TIMEZONE from: TZ=EST5EDT to: TZ=EST5EDT,M3,2,0/2,M11,1,0/2 -- JP ==> http://www.frappr.com/cusm <== On Jan 22, 4:24 pm, Jean-Pierre Radley <j...@jpr.com> wrote: > scooter typed (on Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 12:37:58PM -0800): > | Has anyone yet come up with a solution on changing older SCO OpenServer > | 5.0.4 / 5.0.5 / 5.0.6 systems to accommodate the new daylight savings > | dates starting this year?? > | > | I have looked around at SCO's site and they have an update to install > | on 5.0.7 ...

Upgrading 5.0.5 Host To 5.0.7 Enterprise
Hello, What are the flaming hoops I need to jump through to upgrade a 5.0.5 Host to 5.0.7 Enterprise? I've tried to do some net research on my own on this and it's darn confusing to a newbie to UNIX like myself. It looks like I have to first purchase an upgrade to 5.0.6 Host or 5.0.7 Host and then I can get a trade-in/upgrade to 5.0.7 Enterprise? WTF? Thanks for any help! Ian Motterman wrote: > Hello, > > What are the flaming hoops I need to jump through to upgrade > a 5.0.5 Host to 5.0.7 Enterprise? > > I've tried to do some net research on my own on this and it's darn confusing > to a newbie to UNIX like myself. It looks like I have to first purchase an > upgrade to 5.0.6 Host or 5.0.7 Host and then I can get a trade-in/upgrade > to 5.0.7 Enterprise? WTF? > It's less awful than it seems. The path is indeed upgrade to 5.0.7 host and then upgrade that to Enterprise. In practice, the first upgrade is the one where things can go wrong (if at all) and the second is trivial. -- Tony Lawrence > Thanks for any help! > > Ian ...

5.0 vs 5.5 vs 6.1
Hi I m starting a new project. Probably whith Sql-Anywhere 9 and Clarion. As i prefer Legacy and have other applications running under 5.0, i fancy dooing the job in 5.0. Is there something better in 5.5 or 6.1 (i heard has a lot of Bugs). Is there something that does nor work with Legacy? Glad for every hint and advise. Thanks Mc Key ...

SCO OpenServe 6.0.0 Filesystem MUCH Faster Than 5.0.6
The speed of the SCO OpenServer 6.0.0 filesystem is quite noticeably faster than I enjoyed on OpenServer 5.0.6. How do I know? I donno, but it feels and seems so. I didn't expect this, so I didn't make these tests while still on 5.0.6, but I KNOW I have a lot more files and directories on 6.0.0 than I did on 5.0.6. The Verify of my Last Master Backup shows what is on my systen: 255191 files were encountered 167 files were excluded 9 files were not checked because the hard disk file had been modified by a program since it was backed up 2 files were not checked for various reasons 28870 special files (links, directories, devices, etc.) 226143 files verified successfully Master Backups using LONE-TAR(tm) to DVD+RW media ran at about 70-75 MB/min on OSR 5.0.6 but run at 175+ MB/min on 6.0.0, and if I turn off compression run at 260+ MB/min. To see how long it takes to search for a non-existant file: [trebor] ~: time find . -name XPMNYTRE real 0m58.59s user 0m1.72s sys 0m10.96s And to see how many directories had to be read: [trebor] ~: find . -type d | wc -l 23745 Bob -- Bob Stockler +-+ bob@trebor.iglou.com +-+ http://members.iglou.com/trebor Author: MENU EDIT II - The BEST Creator/Editor/Manager for filePro User Menus. Fully functional (time-limited) demos available by email request (specify OS). On Fri, Nov 25, 2005 at 11:01:36AM -0500, Bob Stockler wrote: > The speed of the SCO ...

Compiling 5.0.4 binaries on 5.0.6
I have a shiny new dual-cpu server running OpenServer 5.0.6, but I want to use it to develop software for 5.0.4 machines which are not binary compatible with 5.0.6. Does anybody know if it's possible to get a 5.0.6 machine to make 5.0.4 binaries? Thanks in advance! Ben Ben Tracy typed (on Fri, Sep 05, 2003 at 11:29:43AM -0700): | I have a shiny new dual-cpu server running OpenServer 5.0.6, but I | want to use it to develop software for 5.0.4 machines which are not | binary compatible with 5.0.6. Does anybody know if it's possible to | get a 5.0.6 machine to make 5.0.4 binaries? It's news to me that a 5.0.6 binary will not run on prior releases of OSR 5. Tell us more about this -- where you learned this, for one thing, and for another, an example of a particular binary that fails. What does 'ldd' say about such a binary? -- JP In article <ede32bcd.0309051029.6d41ecd9@posting.google.com> arthurdent42@eudoramail.com (Ben Tracy) writes: $I have a shiny new dual-cpu server running OpenServer 5.0.6, but I $want to use it to develop software for 5.0.4 machines which are not $binary compatible with 5.0.6. Does anybody know if it's possible to $get a 5.0.6 machine to make 5.0.4 binaries? Many of the SCO security updates won't run on pre-5.0.6a systems unless you install a few updates. Once you install the updates, things seem to work pretty well on all the 5.0.4 and 5.0.5 systems on which I've tried installing them. Have you t...

moving printers from 5.0.6 to 5.0.7
I have a whole lot of printers attached to ttys(specialix multi serial ports) on SCO 5.0.6, I am setting up a new server with 5.0.7 is there an easy way to move the printers configurations from 5.0.6 to 5.0.7 e,g Can I just copy /usr/spool/lp/*/lp from 5.0.6 to 5.0.7, would that make all my printers appear in 5.0.7 Many thanks denn.el@gmail.com typed (on Mon, May 21, 2007 at 06:39:27AM -0700): | I have a whole lot of printers attached to ttys(specialix multi serial | ports) on SCO 5.0.6, I am setting up a new server with 5.0.7 is there | an easy way to move the printers configurations from 5.0.6 to 5.0.7 | e,g Can I just copy /usr/spool/lp/*/lp from 5.0.6 to 5.0.7, would that | make all my printers appear in 5.0.7 I think I've done exactly that... -- JP ==> http://www.frappr.com/cusm <== On May 21, 5:54 pm, Jean-Pierre Radley <j...@jpr.com> wrote: > denn...@gmail.com typed (on Mon, May 21, 2007 at 06:39:27AM -0700): > | I have a whole lot of printers attached to ttys(specialix multi serial > | ports) on SCO 5.0.6, I am setting up a new server with 5.0.7 is there > | an easy way to move the printers configurations from 5.0.6 to 5.0.7 > | e,g Can I just copy /usr/spool/lp/*/lp from 5.0.6 to 5.0.7, would that > | make all my printers appear in 5.0.7 > > I think I've done exactly that... > > -- > JP > ==>http://www.frappr.com/cusm<== thanks ...

Re: SATA on 5.0.6 or 5.0.7?
: "Steve M. Fabac, Jr." <smfabac@att.net> wrote in message : news:4325B488.908204F5@att.net... : > Anyone running SCO 5.0.6 or 5.0.7 on servers with : > SATA drives? : > : > I'd like to hear from anyone with SATA based servers and if : > they met their exceptions for performance and reliability. : > : > In the past, I have always used SCSI drives for the performance : > and customary 5 year warrantee. Now SATA drives are available with : > 5 year warrantee and manufactures claim the drives are equivalent : > to SCSI performance at 40% less cost. : > : > I have checked my distributors and all the SATA drives I can find : > are 7200 RPM with the exception of the 36G WD360GD 10k RPM SATA : > drive. : > : > I have a request from a client running SCO 3.2v4.2 on 66 MHz 486 : > with 4G disk to upgrade to current hardware and OS. : > : > SCSI is overkill for this client and the 36G WD looks like a : > good choice. I'll eliminate all SCSI by using Backup Edge : > writing to a ATAPI DVD-RAM and upgrade the client to : > 5.0.6 or 5.0.7 (SCO's web site suggests it has upgrades to : > Enterprise 6.0 from Xenix/UNIX but there is no part number : > listed and inquiries come up: Not Available). : > : > : > -- : > : > Steve Fabac : > S.M. Fabac & Associates : > ...

Free Dev Sys License (5.0.4 or 5.0.5)
Anybody need a Free(*) Openserver devsys license? It's from around the time of 5.0.4 or 5.0.5. But it should work up through 5.0.6, (by serializing ld and cc manually - those are the only two items that the license unlocks). Number: 2GA026600 Code: nxljpcpn Data: g0;k;mddh5m7 The license is not in use and is legit. Or as legit as can be after posting the activation info to Usenet. First one to email me gets the COLA VIA snail mail. And my condolences. -sw On Jan 24, 12:58=A0pm, Sqwertz <swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote: > Anybody need a Free(*) Openserver d...

Java 1.5 on SCO 5.0.6
Hi, I am trying to get some java programs running on my SCO systems - but they are written for java 1.5 and I can't find any files higher than java 1.3 for 5.0.6. I have tried installing the java 1.5 VOL files for OSR6, and they install through custom alright, but I am getting an error when I try to run 'java' # java -version dynamic linker : java : could not open /usr/lib/libthread.so.1 Killed Can anyone help either get the OSR6 version working on 5.0.6 or does anyone know if there is a version for 5.0.6 Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks, Keith On 13 Jul, 16:17, crym...@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > I am trying to get some java programs running on my SCO systems - but > they are written for java 1.5 and I can't find any files higher than > java 1.3 for 5.0.6. > > I have tried installing the java 1.5 VOL files for OSR6, and they > install through custom alright, but I am getting an error when I try > to run 'java' > > # java -version > dynamic linker : java : could not open /usr/lib/libthread.so.1 > Killed > > Can anyone help either get the OSR6 version working on 5.0.6 or does > anyone know if there is a version for 5.0.6 > > Any help would be much appreciated. > > Thanks, > > Keith Keith, Unfortunately Java 1.5 is not supported and will not run on OpenServer 5.0.6. If you want to run Java 1.5 programs you will need to upgrade to OpenServer 6.0.0. John On 17 Jul, 08:...

AIX 5.1 / VAC 6.0 vs AIX 5.2 / patched VAC 6.0
Hi everybody, I am trying to build some C++ application on the following environment: AIX 5.2 / patched Visual Age C++ 6.0. This application is based on libraries built for the AIX 5.1 / Visual Age C++ 6.0 (base, ie no patch) platform. Compilation works fine. However link results in unresolved symbols (defined in the above libraries). According to IBM support: - AIX 5.1 / Visual Age C++ 6.0 is a supported platform - AIX 5.2 / Visual Age C++ 6.0 with lattest patch is a supported platform - AIX 5.2 / Visual Age C++ 6.00 base version (ie without any patch) isn't a supported platform (!...

Web resources about - 5.0.5: uname -a shows 5.0.6 ?! - comp.unix.sco.misc

uname - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3 build 11D50, MacbookPro7,1 (Late 2010) Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.3 build 12D78, MacbookPro10,1 (Mid 2012) -i hardware ...

Twitter
Sign in Sign up You are on Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Paul Carter @ Juniorc0 London, N2 ...

mongodb – SSJI to RCE
SCRT Information Security blog So you can run the « run » function directly by calling nativeHelper.apply(run_,["uname","-a"]); In server side, ...

The moment of impact Terrifying CCTV of Spain train crash near Santiago de Comp
${data.uName} 退出 - 登录 - 我要上传 - 视频首页 - 新浪首页 - 导航 登录名: 立即注册 密 码: 找回密码 ◆ ◆ 播客 [ 上传 ] [ 录制 ] 个人资料修改 登录密码修改 The moment of impact Terrifying CCTV ...

The Comprehensive List of bash Reference Documentation and Examples
bash versions covered: 4.2 4.1 4.0 3.2.48 3.2 3.1 3.0.16 3.0 2.05 2.04 2.03 2.02.1 2.02 2.01.1 2.01 2.0 1.14.7 readline versions covered: 6.2 ...

Cinnarch is dead long live Antergos!
... on my way. Software I was very happy to see that Antergos was using Gnome 3.8.1. Many distros are still on Gnome 3.4 and 3.6. A quick “uname ...

Linux操作系统内核模块编译和加载_操作系统_比特网
我们看到了扩展的 GNU make 语法在起作用。 这个 makefile 在一次典型的建立中要被读 2 次。 当从命令行中调用这个 makefile , 它注意到 KERNELRELEASE 变量没有设置。 它利用这样一个事实来定位内核源码目录。 Linux操作系统内核模块编译和加载 ...

Commands tagged bell - commandlinefu.com
Great UNIX/Bash commands tagged with bell - see these and many other invaluable command-line nuggets at commandlinefu.com

/etc/modutils/0keep: line 9: keep: command not found
i interrupted 'apt-get install linux-wlan-ng' and when i did the command again i got at the end of the installation messages: Error while executing ...

djrbliss/rose-exploit · GitHub
Remote kernel exploit for ROSE amateur radio. Contribute to rose-exploit development by creating an account on GitHub.