Adding IDE hard drive on 2nd IDE channel

I have a GigaByte KT400 M/B where the primary drive and CD-ROM are on
the first IDE controller.  I would like to add a 2nd hard drive to the
other ob-board controller (master).  When I run mkdev hd and select
add hard disk to IDE controller I get the following:

Ctrl Num 0, Drive      1: No such device.

I am using SCO 5.0.6. Output from /var/adm/messages:

%kernel  -  -   - rel=3.2v5.0.6 kid=2000-07-27
%cpu  -  -   - unit=1 family=6 type=AMD gtAthlon
%cpuid  -  -   - unit=1 vend=AuthenticAMD tfms=0:6:8:1
%amd  -  -   - unit=1 family=7 model=8 step=1
%fpu  - 13   - unit=1 type=80387-compatible
%pci  0x0CF8-0x0CFF  -   - am=1 sc=1 buses=2
%PnP  -  -   - nodes=0
%clock  -  -   - type=TSC/2009318296Hz
%serial  0x03F8-0x03FF  4   - unit=0 type=Standard nports=1 fifo=yes
%serial  0x02F8-0x02FF  3   - unit=1 type=Standard nports=1 fifo=yes
%console  -  -   - unit=vga type=0 num=12 scoansi=1 scroll=50
%adapter  0xD000-0xD0FF 11   - type=alad ha=0 bus=0 id=7 fts=sto
%floppy  0x03F2-0x03F7  6   2 unit=0 type=135ds18
%adapter  0x01F0-0x01F7  14   -  type=IDE ctlr=primary   dvr=wd
%eeE0     0xD400-0xD41F  10   -  type=EE PRO/100+ 00:a0:c9:d5:e1:ae
%cd-rom   -               -   -  type=IDE ctlr=pri cfg=slvdvr=Srom->wd
%tape     -               -   -  type=S ha=0 id=3 lun=0 bus=0 ht=alad
%disk     0x01F0-0x01F7  14   -  type=W0 unit=0 cyls=2491 hds=255
secs=63
mem: total = 1048124k, kernel = 129452k, user = 918672k
swapdev = 1/41, swplo = 0, nswap = 978944, swapmem = 489472k
Autoboot from rootdev = 1/42, pipedev = 1/42, dumpdev = 1/41
kernel: Hz = 100, i/o bufs = 104492k (high bufs = 103468k)

Thanks
Gary Quiring

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 19:26:35 -0500, Gary Quiring <gquiring@msn.com>
wrote:

>I have a GigaByte KT400 M/B where the primary drive and CD-ROM are on
>the first IDE controller.  I would like to add a 2nd hard drive to the
>other ob-board controller (master).  When I run mkdev hd and select
>add hard disk to IDE controller I get the following:
>
>Ctrl Num 0, Drive      1: No such device.

Ok I got it.  mkdev hd 0 1, forget the interactive mode.

GQ

Multiple 2.5" IDE laptop hard drives on one IDE channel?
I'm currently in the process of building a system out of spare parts. I'd like to use several laptop drives in this system, since I already have them, they're small (in case size), and they're far more quiet than the old desktop drives I have. The problem I've run into is that the only IDE to laptop IDE adapters I've found cost $10 or more and only work with one drive. What I was hoping to find was a way to hook up two of these drives to a single IDE port on my motherboard. Any suggestions? Thanks, Jeff -- Remove "no" and "spam"...

Two DMA Hard Drives on Primary IDE Channel
My Dell 2400 3.0 GHz machine came equipped with one 40 GB hard drive. When I attempted to capture analog video, I was dropping a third as many frames as I was capturing, and the software I was using suggested that I needed to be capturing to a dedicated, 7200 RPM drive. I bought a 160 GB drive (for $60 after rebate), installed it (per Dell instructions as a Cable Select device), captured to it, and discovered that the dropped frame rate was even worse. The physical layout of the Dell case separates the optical drive bays from the HDD bays by a distance that is too great to make the HDDs the masters of their respective channels with the optical drives as slaves, so I installed the new drive as a slave of the boot drive. (The optical drive bays are in the top and the HDD bays are in the bottom of the mid-tower case.) I checked a little further and found that the slave drives on both channels are running in PIO mode, even though the Transfer Mode is set to "DMA if Available". Both primary devices are running UDMA Mode 2. I tried toggling the Transfer Mode by selecting "PIO Only" for both slaves, exiting, rebooting (just to make sure it "took"), selecting the "DMA if Available" Transfer Mode on both slaves, exiting, and rebooting again. Both slaves remained in PIO mode. Since I don't plan to capture analog video very often, I would be willing to disconnect the optical drives from the secondary IDE cable, then hook up the new HDD ...

Installing Fedora on 2nd IDE hard drive for dual booting?
Hi, I'd like to install Fedora on my second IDE drive. Can this be done easily for dual-booting? I have this setup: c: NTFS (WinXP -- don't want to touch this drive) d: NTFS (but I will make a FAT32 partition) I don't want to touch my c: drive, except maybe to install a bootloader. In my new d: partition, can I install everything I need for Fedora? Thanks for any information. On 13 Sep 2004 11:50:42 -0700, Digital Puer <digital_puer@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hi, I'd like to install Fedora on my second IDE drive. Can this be done > easily for dual-booting? I have this setup: > > c: NTFS (WinXP -- don't want to touch this drive) > d: NTFS (but I will make a FAT32 partition) > > I don't want to touch my c: drive, except maybe to install a bootloader. > In my new d: partition, can I install everything I need for Fedora? > Are c: and d: two drives, or two partitions? To install Linux, you will need at least one Linux partition. Almost all installations use at least two partitions, root and swap. The swap partition is usually twice the size of RAM, up to 512 MB. You can't create a Linux partition in Windows, it's part of the installation process in any Linux distro. -- If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests? (Think about it) ...

transfer data from ide drive to new computer with SATA hard drive.
I am interested in purchasing a new gateway #GT5412 desktop computer which comes with a SATA hard drive. My present computer has IDE drives. Are there connections on computers with SATA drives to hook up with an IDE drive so that transfer can take place? best, Aaron One way to do this would be to buy an empty external hard drive case with USB cable, install your old hard drive, and have at it. Another way would be to connect both computers via Ethernet. If they are both connected to an Ethernet router or switch, it is very simple. If they are to be connected directly to one another, you need an Ethernet crossover cable, and you also need to set them up with fixed IP addresses in the same range. .... Ben Myers On 29 Mar 2007 11:05:31 -0700, "aaronep@pacbell.net" <aaronep@pacbell.net> wrote: >I am interested in purchasing a new gateway #GT5412 desktop computer >which comes with a SATA hard drive. >My present computer has IDE drives. Are there connections on >computers with SATA drives to hook up with an IDE drive so that >transfer can take place? best, Aaron Hi Ben: the suggestions of obtaining an external hd case with usb connection sounds good. However, do you know whether or not these new computers with SATA drives also have IDE drive connectors? best, Aaron On Mar 29, 2:49 pm, Ben Myers <ben_myers_spam_me_...@charter.net> wrote: > One way to do this would be to buy an empty external hard drive case with USB &...

FS: CDRW/DVD Drives, SCSI/IDE Hard Drives, & SCSI Controllers
NOTE: I can meet with you if you're in the Austin area; otherwise, shipping & handling will cost a flat rate of $10.00 for UPS Ground. CDRW DRIVE: HP 2X/6X CDRW IDE Drive Model #: C4380-45000. Asking $5.00 To see a pic of the drive: http://www.ccci.net/ForSale/HP_CDRW.JPG (Sorry, not the greatest photo I've taken!) DVD DRIVE: Pioneer 10X DVD IDE Drive Model #: DVD-104S. Asking $20.00 Here's the same drive on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3754&item=5141741393&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW To see a pic of the drive: http://ww...

IDE Hard Drive Size
I am trying to install OpenServer 5.0.5 on to a PC for testing before updating the live server. The test PC is a PIII 600. It has a brand new 40GB PATA hard drive. The BIOS sees all 40GB, but when I try to install SCO it only sees 8024MB. I have upgraded the BIOS and tried all sorts of settings in the BIOS, but nothing seems to fix it. The BIOS shows 2 different sizes for the disk. CHS Capacity 8422MB Maximum LBA Capacity 40020MB If I change it from AUTO to MANUAL, I can change the CHS settings to match the the drives spec's: 16838/16/63, but even that still only gives me 8690MB. Is this problem really related to the BIOS, or the SCO installer? Can anyone tell me how to get SCO to see all 40GB? Later David Kirk David Kirk wrote: > I am trying to install OpenServer 5.0.5 on to a PC for testing before > updating the live server. > > The test PC is a PIII 600. It has a brand new 40GB PATA hard drive. > The BIOS sees all 40GB, but when I try to install SCO it only sees > 8024MB. > > I have upgraded the BIOS and tried all sorts of settings in the BIOS, > but nothing seems to fix it. > > The BIOS shows 2 different sizes for the disk. > > CHS Capacity 8422MB > Maximum LBA Capacity 40020MB > > If I change it from AUTO to MANUAL, I can change the CHS settings to > match the the drives spec's: 16838/16/63, but even that still only > gives me 8690MB. > > Is this problem really related to the BI...

IDE hard drive & other queries
anyone have a recommeendation on a large IDE hard drive? also, anyone know anything about this SATA thing? how fast does this IDE subspec go? also, does anyone know a thing about scsi/IDE converters, if so, what spec to do those converters match up with IDE & scsi. Dilbert Firestorm wrote: > anyone have a recommeendation on a large IDE hard drive? Well,you could try the Hitachi 7K400. > also, anyone know anything about this SATA thing? how fast does this > IDE subspec go? As fast as the drive can deliver data. > also, does anyone know a thing a...

Sco 5.0.7 with IDE drives
Surprisingly enough, who would ever think that IDE hard drive configuration would actually fail? I have an old copy of SCO OpenServer 5.0.4 that I booted-up and it saw my 2 IDE drives without any hesitation. I have my new copy of SCO OpenServer 5.0.7 that I booted-up and gave me the following error in the init process. G hd_config PANIC: wdsetparam: no device info for ctrl 1 drive 0 Is ctrl 0, drive 0 not an ATA disk ? Basically, on the primary controller, I have my CD-Rom as master. On my secondary controller, I have my 2 IDE hard drives occupying both Master and Slave positions. Unfortunately, putting the IDE drives on the primary controller is not feasible, and the hardware was designed like this (a dell PowerEdge 1650). Is it possible to manual define the Primary and Secondary controller from the boot string? If so, what would necessarily be the syntax? Thanks Kris Kristopher Lalletti wrote: > Surprisingly enough, who would ever think that IDE hard drive configuration > would actually fail? > > I have an old copy of SCO OpenServer 5.0.4 that I booted-up and it saw my 2 > IDE drives without any hesitation. > > I have my new copy of SCO OpenServer 5.0.7 that I booted-up and gave me the > following error in the init process. > > G hd_config > > PANIC: wdsetparam: no device info for ctrl 1 drive 0 > Is ctrl 0, drive 0 not an ATA disk ? > > Basically, on the primary controller...

IDE LBA48 question (200GB hard drive)
Hi, I have a 200GB hard drive and I plan to try it on two machines: one with a Promise Ultra66 PCI card (chip: PDC20262), the other with a onboard SiS735 chipset (IDE chip: Sis5515). I'm wondering which chip has LBA48 support in Linux 2.4.xx? I'm running Redhat9. By the way, so far my research seems to suggest that it's impossible to get PDC20262 to support LBA48 (hardware limitation?), and SiS' web site mentioned no support of LBA48 on SiS5515 at all. Thanks for your help. -tk ...

8051
Trying to interface an 8051 with and EIDE hard drive. I start by selecting the master device in the device control register. Then I wait for the status register to say that the drive is ready and not busy. For some reason the status register comes back as 0xFF always and so the busy bit is always high and so my code hangs there waiting for the drive to stop being busy. It seems simple enough. Is there some reason why it would say its busy after power up and selecting the master device? jjcooley@mit.edu (bob) wrote in message news:<32a140dd.0404251035.6029c735@posting.google.com>... &...

Can my PC have 4 IDE hard-drives?
have 4 external (1394) enclosures with Maxtor drives in them (120GB). My experience with external boxes has not been very good. Eventually they all seem to fail. The drives seem to be OK, once I remove them and put them inside a desktop box. Maybe I am buying cheap enclosures. The PC I am building is based on a 865PEDAP MoBo. The ICH5 chipset supports: - 2 parallel ULTRA ATA100 sockets - 2 serial ATA sockets I have 2 IDE hard-drives drives already connected to one of the IDE sockets. A floppy and a DVD-ROM drive on the second. The Serial ATA sockets on the Mobo are empt...

Question on adding an IDE drive to my Linux server
I think I can do this but I thought I'd better ask folks who know a lot more than I do to make sure. I have an older server P-III 550 MHz running Red Hat Linux 6.2. It has an 18 GB SCSI drive and an IDE CD-ROM drive. I need to be able to do backups of my desktop systems. So what I'm thinking of doing is getting a Western Digital Caviar 120GB ATA/100 72 WD1200JB drive and putting it in to use as a storage device. I would just let Linux format the whole thing as one big drive and store enormous (multi GB) files on it. I know I have physical slots for drives in the server, I know I have at least one IDE channel in the server and I'm familiar with this type of IDE drive because I've installed one on my Win98se box. Does this project sound do-able to folks? Is there anything I should watch out for? I have not messed with my server for a couple of years because it's running all right. I just need more storage space on it. But I'm a bit rusty on the Linux stuff. I'm hoping to just plug this thing in, turn on the server, let Linux see that there's new hardware and let it format the 120 GB drive. Am I being overly optimistic? -- Obscurity in the face of adversity is no dice. On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 10:01:12 -0500, Jude the Obscure wrote: [snip] > But I'm a bit rusty on the Linux stuff. I'm hoping to just plug this > thing in, turn on the server, let Linux see that there's new hardware > and let it format the 120 GB drive. Am I bei...

OT: SATA and IDE Hard Drives Together?
Lots of PC knowledge here, therefore; I have a new work PC. Bios and device manager indicate it has a SATA hard drive. My old work PC has a 1 year old 80 gig drive I would like to put in the new one, on the same cable as the SATA HD, leaving the other port for the existing CD burner and a future DVD burner on the same cable. Will the 1 year old EIDE Ultra ATA/133 drive work alongside the SATA drive? NEW drive WDC WD400BD OLD drive maxtor 6Y080L0 HARD DRIVE, 80G, I, 7.2K, 80G/P, Maxtor Calypso "The 7200 RPM DiamondMax Plus 9 hard drive is an Internal EIDE Ultra ATA/133 3.5" low profile hard drive" How can you put an IDE drive on a SATA connector? They have different interfaces.And each SAA connector only supports a single drive. Maybe I'm reading your question wrong? "Einstine" <hello@goodbye.net> wrote in message news:oZqdnafIVs_Hd6zfRVn-tg@comcast.com... > Lots of PC knowledge here, therefore; > > I have a new work PC. Bios and device manager indicate it has a SATA hard drive. My old work PC has a 1 year old 80 gig drive I > would like to put in the new one, on the same cable as the SATA HD, leaving the other port for the existing CD burner and a future > DVD burner on the same cable. > > Will the 1 year old EIDE Ultra ATA/133 drive work alongside the SATA drive? > > NEW drive > WDC WD400BD > > > OLD drive > maxtor 6Y080L0 > HARD DRIVE, 80G, I, 7.2K, 80G/P, Maxtor Calypso > &quo...

Diagnostic tools for Quantum IDE Hard Drive?
Hi I'd be grateful if anyone could tell me which are the best diagnostic tools to check the health of a Quantum IDE hard drive. Ive learnt that Maxtor acquired Quantum and now Seagate have acquired Maxtor (not sure why theyd want to do that!). Can I use a Seagate diagnostic tool or should I use a Maxtor tool? Does it really matter? Thanks for any info. Ian Ian R <sorry@nospamthanks.com> wrote: > I'd be grateful if anyone could tell me which are the best diagnostic > tools to check the health of a Quantum IDE hard drive. Depends on what yo...

I ruined an IDE hard drive by powering it off during boot up.
I ruined an IDE hard drive by powering it off during boot up. That is confirmed by the manufacture Hitachi because of the error code I got. It was in a PC has anyone heard if the same is true for a Mac with an IDE drive? I have used SCSI and never damaged one but not sure if one ever lost power in a SCSI only machine Mac or PC at startup. ...

Help adding IDE drive to SCSI system
System: Adaptec 2940U2W IBM 9LZX 9 gig h/d -2- Plextor SCSI CD-ROM's Castlewood Orb 2.2 Gig removable drive Win98 FE + updates Have tried to add a Western Digital 120 GB IDE drive to the system, setting it up to only have an extended DOS partition with -4- logical drives. However, when I run FDISK, it shows as Disk 1 and it keeps giving me a message that I have to create a Primary DOS partition. It shows the SCSI boot drive as Disk 2 (drives C, D, E, F) and the Orb drive as Disk 3 (no drive letter assignment; in Win Explor...

160GB IDE hard drive EXTREMELY slow boot
Hello. I just built a system from scratch, using an nvidia motherboard and Athlon 3800 CPU. The motherboard supports SATA, but I got a good deal on a 160GB IDE hard drive, so I got that. I installed it on the IDE0 channel (using the moboard's IDE1 connector), set it to master, and installed a DVD writer on IDE1 (the moboard's IDE2 connector) and set it to master. The BIOS recognizes everything, and I can install my OS (MEPIS linux) to the hard drive (after booting from the CD). Trouble is, after installation, when booting from the hard drive, it literally takes almost an hour for the system to boot! If I swap the 160GB drive out with an old 30GB IDE drive, everything works (OS install, hard drive boot, etc.) fine. I'm not sure why this 160GB drive is working so slow; could it be because: 1) the hard drive is more than 137GB in capacity (although the BIOS and the OS report the full 160 capacity)? 2) it's an IDE (PATA?) drive, with the motherboard also supporting SATA (it has the yellow SATA connectors; I'm just not using them)? 3) I need a special high-speed IDE connector/cable for this 7200rpm 160GB hard drive? I think I'm using what came with the motherboard. Thanks for any help someone can provide here. Fr@nk Fr@nk <fr@nkATw1zard.D0Tnet> wrote: > Hello. I just built a system from scratch, using an nvidia > motherboard and Athlon 3800 CPU. The motherboard supports SATA, but I > got a good deal on a 160GB IDE hard...

Hard drive formatting problem or bad IDE controller?
Hello everyone, I am trying to format a small hard drive to install Windows NT on. During the NT installation, I delete the current partitions on the hard drive, create a new one, and then attempt to format it using the NTFS option. At this point it either goes extremely slow up until 3% or stays at 0%. I have tried two hard drives and they both behave this way. I also have tried formatting with a Windows XP CD. I am starting to think that the IDE Controller on the motherboard might be having issues. I have tried a different IDE cable, doesn't change anything. Does anyone h...

USB to IDE Hard Drive bugcheck 0x0000000A (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL)
Hi, Has anyone experienced a blue screen on a DELL laptop when connecting a USB to IDE hardrive (120GB) using a NEC PCI USB 2.0 Cardbus adapter? The bug check is "Bugcheck 0x0000000A (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL)" which results in an immediate crash and minidump which results in corrputing the drive. 1) The Operating System is Win 2000 Professional with SP4. 2) The "NEC PCI to USB Enhanced Controller" drivers are "ousb2hub.sys" and "ousbehci.sys" version 2.0.60 provided by OrangeWare Corporation 3) The "USB 2.0 Root Hub Device" ...

WTB IDE Hard drives LOTS 10-100 .
Hello, are you off-lease reseller of used computers or laptops ? I am here to help you to get rid of excessive defective inventory. I steady buy hard drives in lots from 10 to 1000 for desktops and laptops which are failed you test and diagnostics. Any hard drive you consider defective I will buy. I am interested to buy desktop hard drives from 40GIG and laptop drives from 20GIG . I normally pay $5 per 40GIG desktop HDD and double price for laptop HDD (preferably landed cost in Toronto Area). For some HDD makes I will pay even more (WD/Maxtor - desktop) and HITACHI/IBM for ...

sata hard drive ide adapter support query
I just recently bought a WD Caviar Blue 320gig Sata2 hard drive. I've looked at some options on hooking up this drive to a win 98se machine based on the IDE hard drive interface. It has an existing 20gig hard drive, Fireball ATA-133 I think (don't remember who makes it) and its running out of drive space. 1. Sata 1 or Sata 2 controller card 2. Sata - IDE/ATA adapter 3. SATA - IDE/ATA - USB adapter points to consider, its meant to be a temporary/stop gap measure until I can retire this old machine which is based on the Pentium 2-350 cpu. I am looking a...

IDE drive
I am trying to backup my system to an IDE drive, however I cannot see the drive in my /dev directory. I am sure it is something simple I failed to do, but I cannot figure it out. Hopefully someone here can guide me. Here is the information. # more /var/log/dmesg | grep -i tape hdb: COMPAQ SDX-420C, ATAPI TAPE drive hdb is not in fstab or mtab file: cat /etc/fstab # This file is edited by fstab-sync - see 'man fstab-sync' for details LABEL=/ / ext3 defaults 1 1 LABEL=/boot /boot ext3 defaults ...

PCI card IDE controller changes hard drive order
I recently decided to add one more hard drive to another box which multi-boots W2K and Mepis, PCLinuxOS (and now) Kubuntu. I added a PCI ATA controller card I had on hand, an Iwill (HighPoint) ProATA66. This worked fine in Windows, and the FAT32 half of the new hard drive was seen and usable. But when I tried booting into Mepis it just started then said 'kernel panic.' Same with PCLinuxOS. I then tried Mepis as a live CD and found the problem is that these two distros put the hard drives on the controller card at the beginning of the drive list. That is, the new hard drive on the controller card is now hda, and the original hda, the hard drive that is Master on the primary onboard IDE controller of the motherboard, is now hde! Not good. Someone on the Mepis forum has a similar problem, but he noted that this was not true for all distros. Specifically he mentioned Ubuntu or Kubuntu, so I downloaded Kubuntu and verified that this is the case. Works fine in Kubuntu, live CD or installed, the added hard drive becomes hde. Mepis and PCLinuxOS make the new drive /dev/hda. So it seems that Linux itself decides where the new drive goes, not just the hardware arrangement. Can anyone tell me where/how this is done? Is it accessible or buried in the kernel? Any info appreciated, comprehensible info especially so :-) Andy Andy Axnot wrote: > I recently decided to add one more hard drive to another box which > multi-boots W2K and Mepis, PCLinuxOS (and now) ...

Upgrading laptop's HDD via desktop's IDE channels + IDE adapter connectors
My WinXP Pro laptop contains only one HDD that has begun clicking and doesn't always boot. It must be replaced ASAP. It is an emergency and I may only get one shot at success. That laptop has only a USB 1.0 port which is too slow to be worth obtaining an external HDD for. I looked at USB2 PCMCIA adapters and they were also still too slow for external HDD use. I have a Win2000 desktop computer. So I obtained a pair of laptop-to-IDE cable adapters and would like to use the desktop PC and Ghost 2003 to do a disk-to-disk cloning of one laptop HDD to the other laptop HDD. 1) The laptop HDDs have no jumpers for master/slave. How do I get the desktop PC's BIOS to detect them properly? 2) Should both laptop HDDs be connected on the same IDE channel or on different channels as slaves? 3) I have a bootable CD drive. Can Ghost be run from CD, or only from floppy diskette? 4) Any other considerations or cautions with regards to the technique of cloning the laptop drive via a desktop PC? Knack <zymatikNOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote > My WinXP Pro laptop contains only one HDD that has begun clicking and > doesn't always boot. It must be replaced ASAP. It is an emergency and > I may only get one shot at success. That laptop has only a USB 1.0 > port which is too slow to be worth obtaining an external HDD for. I > looked at USB2 PCMCIA adapters and they were also still too slow for > external HDD use. > I have a Win2000 desktop computer. So I obtaine...

Web resources about - Adding IDE hard drive on 2nd IDE channel - comp.unix.sco.misc

On Demand - Channel 4
Watch the best of Channel 4, E4 and More4 on demand. Includes a huge catch up window, an ever-expanding library of programmes, original shorts, ...

Channel 6 News
August 11, 2012 // WASHINGTON — Ending four months of speculation and mystery, Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney on Saturday chose ...

Channel Partners Online
VoIP News, Voice over IP, IMS, News and Analysis, Channel Partners

Channel Islands of California - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... : Santa Barbara County (four), Ventura County (two) and Los Angeles County (two). The islands are divided into two groups — the Northern Channel ...

Reno Rumble a ratings disaster for Channel Nine
... horror start to 2016, trounced by its arch-rival Seven in every official ratings week this year. Make no mistake. This is a disaster for Channel ...

Mel McLaughlin lands prime-time sport presenter gig on Channel Seven - DailyTelegraph Search Search
SPORTS presenter Mel McLaughlin believes that she landed her plum new job as Channel 7’s prime time sports anchor because “you can’t fake passion”. ...

Reno Rumble a ratings disaster for Channel Nine
... horror start to 2016, trounced by its arch-rival Seven in every official ratings week this year. Make no mistake. This is a disaster for Channel ...

FCC’s cable box rules won’t prohibit extra ads around TV channels
(credit: flash.pro ) When the Federal Communications Commission voted for a plan to let consumers watch TV channels on more devices, pay-TV ...

Rethinking the Expectations Channel of Monetary Policy
From the "Meeting Report" section of the Fall 2015 *Brookings Papers on Economic Activity*: >**”Fredric Mishkin** elaborated on the issues that ...

For sale: A dozen Youtube Channels with 4M+ subscribers
Now that Inside.com is 100% focused on our email newsletter , we’re looking for a new home for the following channels on YouTude. If you’re interested ...