Cannot print to Windows 7 shared printer over VPN from Unixware 7.1.4

Hey,

I have a home PC running Windows 7 Pro 64bit with a shared printer
attached to it. I connect to the office through the Sonicwall Global
VPN Client and am able to connect to our office server (running Unix).
I have the shared printer configured on the Unix server but cannot
print to it through the VPN. It can see my home Windows 7 PC, but
cannot establish a connection to print.

smbclient -L command shows "session setup failed: NT_STATUS_OK"

To troubleshoot I also tried printing from a Windows XP machine at the
office, as well as a Windows 7 machine and both worked.

I have had this layout working perfectly when I used to use Windows
XP, and I am guessing that there is a security option in Windows 7
that is not allowing this (I had turned off the Win 7 firewall, but
didn't help).

I hope this is enough information.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions,

Adam

Wolfie wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I have a home PC running Windows 7 Pro 64bit with a shared printer
> attached to it. I connect to the office through the Sonicwall Global
> VPN Client and am able to connect to our office server (running Unix).
> I have the shared printer configured on the Unix server but cannot
> print to it through the VPN. It can see my home Windows 7 PC, but
> cannot establish a connection to print.
>
> smbclient -L command shows "session setup failed: NT_STATUS_OK"
>
> To troubleshoot I also tried printing from a Windows XP machine at the
> office, as well as a Windows 7 machine and both worked.
>
> I have had this layout working perfectly when I used to use Windows
> XP, and I am guessing that there is a security option in Windows 7
> that is not allowing this (I had turned off the Win 7 firewall, but
> didn't help).
>
> I hope this is enough information.
>
> Thanks in advance for your suggestions,
>
> Adam

Well Adam, you have experienced the WOW factor (Wonderfulness Of Windows).

I have not used Windows 7, If it has the "Print Services for UNIX" component
(XP does under add/remove Windows Components under other network file and print
services), then set up a UNIX network printer using rlpr transport to print to
your system. Set up your local printer and share the printer to the network,
then hope that Microsoft has not "improved" the rlp print protocol by adding
security "enhancements" to require authorization for print requests.

Search this news group for rlpr for more information.

Sample RLPR fragment from printer interface script:

while   [ "$copies" -gt 0 ]

do
         for file
         do
                 0<${file} eval ${FILTER}
         done
         copies=`expr $copies - 1`
done ) | /usr/local/bin/rlpr -H $PRTHOST -P $PRTPORT

In the above, PRTHOST resolves to your IP address (either VPN endpoint on the
office LAN or your home IP address if your router/firewall/modem forwards port 515
to your Windows 7 machine), and PRTPORT is the shared name of your printer.

--
                                      Steve Fabac
                                       S.M. Fabac & Associates
On Jan 18, 10:50=A0am, Wolfie <mr.wolfenb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I have a home PC running Windows 7 Pro 64bit with a shared printer
> attached to it. I connect to the office through the Sonicwall Global
> VPN Client and am able to connect to our office server (running Unix).
> I have the shared printer configured on the Unix server but cannot
> print to it through the VPN. It can see my home Windows 7 PC, but
> cannot establish a connection to print.
>
> smbclient -L command shows "session setup failed: NT_STATUS_OK"
>
> To troubleshoot I also tried printing from a Windows XP machine at the
> office, as well as a Windows 7 machine and both worked.
>
> I have had this layout working perfectly when I used to use Windows
> XP, and I am guessing that there is a security option in Windows 7
> that is not allowing this (I had turned off the Win 7 firewall, but
> didn't help).
>
> I hope this is enough information.
>
> Thanks in advance for your suggestions,
>
> Adam

Adam,

First, I realize this is not a direct answer to your question.  But
after beating my brains out a couple of times trying to get Windows
Vista to work with the older version of Samba you will find on
OpenServer, I finally decided life was too short.  I haven't tried
that with Windows 7 but would expect the same results.  Probably the
newest versions of Samba have conquered this problem but I'm not smart
enough to figure out how to get them to compile on OpenServer.

My workaround was to install a program called Printfil, which you can
get at
 http://www.printfil.com/english.htm

It's made in Italy and you'll have to pay an exchange rate if you're
in the US.  But the program works and you can test it for 30 days.
With the exchange rate you're eventually going to pay about $100 per
seat for a single system, which is steep.  You may need to request a
printer configuration file from them if you have problems, but their
support is pretty good and docs are understandable.

Print your report to a file in a folder that is shared in Samba, then
Printfil grabs it and sends it to the Windows printer.  Dead simple.

Another option might be network printing with netcat since you're on a
VPN, but you'll need to have a network connection on your printer.

I'm not saying there are no other options, this is just one to try and
consider.

Good luck,
Mark
0
mbennett1 (70)
1/19/2011 3:15:12 PM
> I have a home PC running Windows 7 Pro 64bit with a shared printer
> attached to it. I connect to the office through the Sonicwall Global
> VPN Client and am able to connect to our office server (running Unix).
> I have the shared printer configured on the Unix server but cannot
> print to it through the VPN. It can see my home Windows 7 PC, but
> cannot establish a connection to print.
>
> smbclient -L command shows "session setup failed: NT_STATUS_OK"

You may try to change the authentication to NTLM (Windows 7 uses NTMLv2
as default). Check/compare your settings on the working Windows 7 vs.
your machine (see
http://www.nbtnet.newboundary.com/support/docs/ppm/ppm/troubleshooting/tasks/ppm0114.htm).

Another problem can be that you're authenticated against the domain when
you're in the office but you're not when you're working remotely since
you log on with a cached profile because the connection is not available
before login.

--
Markus
0

VPN SCO unixware 7.1.3 or 7.1.4
Can anyone point me in the right direction as to setting up a vpn on unixware. Would like to use a basic linksys type router with vpn .. any help or direction would be appreciated "crayzeetrayn" <jpg@jdconsulting-usa.com> wrote in message news:1179533916.151937.241120@h2g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > Can anyone point me in the right direction as to setting up a vpn on > unixware. Would like to use a basic linksys type router with vpn .. > any help or direction would be appreciated The linksys worked fine for me. Have you read the accompanying help info in the linksys? The only caution that I can give you is use different subnets on each end. Ask specific questions here.... Ron On May 19, 12:46 pm, "Ronald Marchand" <r...@rojomar.com> wrote: > "crayzeetrayn" <j...@jdconsulting-usa.com> wrote in message > > news:1179533916.151937.241120@h2g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > > > Can anyone point me in the right direction as to setting up a vpn on > > unixware. Would like to use a basic linksys type router with vpn .. > > any help or direction would be appreciated > > The linksys worked fine for me. Have you read the accompanying help info in > the linksys? > The only caution that I can give you is use different subnets on each end. > Ask specific questions here.... > > Ron What linksys router did you use? "crayzeetrayn" <jpg@jdconsulting-usa.com>...

UnixWare 7.1.4 UnixWare 7.1.3 : ppp buffer overflow
iDEFENSE has identified a Buffer Overflow vulnerability in SCO Unixware ppp prompt. Local exploitation of a buffer overflow vulnerability in the ppp binary, allows attackers to gain root privileges. This could lead to the execution of arbitrary code with root privileges, as ppp is setuid root by default. More: http://www.securityfocus.com/archive/1/414069 -- Regards, Weird (Harold Stevens) * IMPORTANT EMAIL INFO FOLLOWS * Pardon any bogus email addresses (wookie) in place for spambots. Really, it's (wyrd) at airmail, dotted with net. DO NOT SPAM IT. Kids jumping ship? Looking to hire an old-school type? Email me. ...

Giving away: Unixware 7.1.0, 7.1.1, 7.1.2 and 7.1.3 media, SDK and updates
I'm cleaning-up and need to give away or throw-out all my unixware media: 7.1.0 - 7.1.3, the software development kit and updates. I've already sold-off the licenses so this is the media only! Please respond to ftarz@mindspring.com if you are interested. You pay the shipping of your choice. ...

printing from windows xp to unixware 7.1.1
We have a printer on a parallel port on a UW 7.1.1 machine. Would like to print to this printer from Windows XP computers. Have installed the Unix printer services on XP computers. lpNet is running on the UW machine. After configuring a printer on one of the XP systems, we can send a print job to the printer, but.... the UW systems tries to send e-mail to the computer that sent the job. This e-mail says that we "cannot printer to this printer because we're using the -h option...." I don't think we have an XP box sending command line options. Any ideas out there? Thanks in advance. ...

UnixWare 7.1.4 and MySQL-4.1.12 and 4.1.X downloads.
Hello, For any one that tried to download mysql-4.1.11 or mysql-4.12 for UnixWare 7.1.X I am sorry. I messed up the permissions. I placed the binaries on the ftp server but forgot to check the permissions on the files. I have now fixed them. Sorry for the inconvience. Please note that UnixWare 7.1.12 needs the Berkeley DB libraies found at ftp://ftp.zenez.com/pub/zenez/prgms/bdb-4-mysql-4.1.12-uw7.tar.gz These need to be gunzip, gmake install, and a LD_LIBRARY_PATH added to use them. An other option is once you have installed them you can create a link from them to /usr/lib/. This version does fail one test the KILL test. I have included the messages from the failure for you information. kill [ fail ] Errors are (from /home/mount/zensco/local/zenez/build/mysql-4.1.12/mysql-test/var/log/mysqltest-time) : /home/mount/zensco/local/zenez/build/mysql-4.1.12/client/.libs/mysqltest: At line 31: query 'select 1' succeeded - should have failed with errno 2006... /home/mount/zensco/local/zenez/build/mysql-4.1.12/client/.libs/mysqltest: At line 41: Result length mismatch (the last lines may be the most important ones) Below are the diffs between actual and expected results: ------------------------------------------------------- *** r/kill.result Fri May 13 15:04:03 2005 --- r/kill.reject Tue May 31 09:38:47 2005 *************** *** 6,12 **** 0 kill @id; select 1; - Got one of the listed errors select ((@id :=...

verifiing 8.1.7.4.1 upgrade to 8.1.7.4.x
I have upgraded our test 8.1.7.4.1 database to 8.1.7.4.13. I would like to verify this fact. In the readme it does state that all the products will not display the version number 8.1.7.4.13, because it's a cummulative patch. I would like to see at least one file with the version number greater than 8.1.7.4.1 querying the database, v$instance still yields 8.1.7.4.1 Any ideas? thanks Try (might need as SYS) column comp_name format a35 column status format a20 column version format a11 select comp_name, status, substr(version,1,10) as version from dba_registry order by comp_name; HTH tED "Ivette Dumois" <ivettedumois@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:654ecf81.0404151414.267764e3@posting.google.com... > I have upgraded our test 8.1.7.4.1 database to 8.1.7.4.13. I would > like to verify this fact. > > In the readme it does state that all the products will not display the > version number 8.1.7.4.13, because it's a cummulative patch. > > I would like to see at least one file with the version number greater > than 8.1.7.4.1 > > querying the database, v$instance still yields 8.1.7.4.1 > > Any ideas? > > thanks Ivette Dumois wrote: > I have upgraded our test 8.1.7.4.1 database to 8.1.7.4.13. I would > like to verify this fact. > > In the readme it does state that all the products will not display the > version number 8.1.7.4.13, because it's a cummulative patch. > > I wo...

how to install oracle 8.1.7 on unixware 7.1.1
hi, i like to know how to install oracle 8.1.7 on unixware 7.1.1? it need any patches?.if so mail me to--snaren_dba@yahoo.com -- Posted via http://dbforums.com I use oracle 817 on a unixware 711 with maintenance pack 3. I only had problems with tmp free space during installation, if you don't have a big tmp volume try to link Oracle install directory outside. Greetings. snaren_dba <member32299@dbforums.com> wrote in message news:<3143890.1058980488@dbforums.com>... > hi, > i like to know how to install oracle 8.1.7 on unixware 7.1.1? it need > a...

SCO 7.1.4, samba, hplj4, and Windows
Hi, all: Situation: printing from W2KPro workstation to a Samba HPLJ4 printer attached (via parallel) to a SCO UW 7.1.4 system produces garbled results. During the printing of a test page, the words, "Windows 2000 Printer Test Page" are oversize and legible, but the rest is14- or 16-point garbled and overwritten stuff. Pages. Lots. Background: UW -- Active printing system on 7.1.4 is lp (sysv, right?). I used scoadmin to install the HPLJ4 (I selected the HP LaserJet 4 (PCL) script [they're not really drivers, are they?]), and I made it the default printer. I can print text files with no problem. As I have no means of printing a graphics file, I don't know if the printer is properly configured, but it seems like it. Samba -- printer was configured with SWAT and is listed like so: [printers] comment = All Printers path = /var/spool/samba printable = Yes browseable = No [hplj4] comment = HP LaserJet 4 on descartes path = /var/spool/samba guest ok = Yes printable = Yes print command = lp -c -o raw -o nobanner use client driver = Yes W2K Pro -- When loading the driver, I'm able to browse to the printer and select it. W2K warns about "wrong driver" etc. I use the HP LaserJet 4 printer driver. When I send a print job (say, a test from the driver properties) from W2K, the printer warms up, etc., like everything is fine, then it starts to print the mess. If anyone has any ideas, I'd be very grateful. Best regards, Jim J...

Unixware 7.1.4 printer add in scoadmin not working
SCO Unixware 7.1.4 Dual XEON 2.8 processors 2 GB Ram 2 74MG SATA drives Quantun 74GB SCSI Tape drive Supermicro MB (not sure of model) Digi XEM - 1 board - 2 16port modules Whenever I try to use scoadmin add printer .. it hangs and never completes - I guess its anyones call but the most critical issue i have is can someone give me an lpadmin command that would allow me to configure a serial port as a printer .. all my trials have resulted in the port (when reviewed in scoadmin) as parallel ports .. been using lpadmin -p oki -o nobanner -o stty="38400" -v /dev/term/a14s. This ends u...

MySQL-4.1.13a for OpenServer 6.0.0 and UnixWare 7.1.4
Hello, I have just finished making MySQL-4.1.13a available for OpenServer 6 and UnixWare 7.1.4. This release is for security fixes found and fixed in this release. All prior releases of MySQL-4.1.X have security problems. This release fixes them. -- Boyd Gerber <gerberb@zenez.com> ZENEZ 1042 East Fort Union #135, Midvale Utah 84047 ...

ULTRIUM TAPE DRIVES ON SCO UNIXWARE 7.1.4
I have an Ultrium drive that appears to need a firmware upgrade to solve a problem re cleaning light on when drive does not need cleaning. It is on a box running UnixWare 7.1.4. HP tells me SCO is not supported for the utilities they use to upgrade the firmware. Has anyone run into this issue, or been able to upgrade firmware with UnixWare. Ron Kirschner wrote: > > I have an Ultrium drive that appears to need a firmware upgrade to solve a > problem re cleaning light on when drive does not need cleaning. It is on a > box running UnixWare 7.1.4. > > HP tells me SC...

Oracle Update 8.1.7.0.0 -> 8.1.7.4.1
I had to Update ORACLE 8.1.7.0.0 on a W2K Server ENGLISH (French Keyboard) to 8.1.7.4.1 Everything looks fine, the services were started - but in the Event Log I have a lot of errors of oradim.exe (.. can't read memory ..) and also when startin tools like sqlwplus.exe i get the same error. Any suggestions??? Please help me! Regards, Stephan buckenmaier@tka-presta.thyssenkrupp.com (Stephan@TKA-Presta) wrote in message news:<ba9d45ff.0401282332.127ac2f0@posting.google.com>... > I had to Update ORACLE 8.1.7.0.0 on a W2K Server ENGLISH (French > Keyboard) to 8.1.7.4.1 > Everything looks fine, the services were started - but in the Event > Log I have a lot of errors of oradim.exe (.. can't read memory ..) and > also when startin tools like sqlwplus.exe i get the same error. > > Any suggestions??? > Please help me! > > Regards, > Stephan No suggestions by anyone I am afraid, as your post provides nothing to work on apart form vague clues like 'lot of errors of oradim.exe' We need *exact* errors, not *paraphrased* ones. We didn't look over your shoulder when it happened, did we? Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA sybrandb@yahoo.com wrote in message news:<a1d154f4.0401290213.913f792@posting.google.com>... > buckenmaier@tka-presta.thyssenkrupp.com (Stephan@TKA-Presta) wrote in message news:<ba9d45ff.0401282332.127ac2f0@posting.google.com>... > > I had to Update ORACLE 8.1.7.0.0 on a W2K Server ENGLI...

Patching Oracle 8.1.7.0.0 to Oracle 8.1.7.4.1
Hello, my configuration is Windows 2K Server SP4 and Oracle 8.1.7.0.0. Where can i find a patch to upgrade to Oracle 8.1.7.4.1 Many thanks for your attention -- Sitta many thanks!!!! Have a nice work "Rauf Sarwar" <rs_arwar@hotmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:1106137485.286119.307110@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > > Sitta Davide wrote: >> Hello, >> my configuration is >> >> Windows 2K Server SP4 and Oracle 8.1.7.0.0. >> >> Where can i find a patch to upgrade to Oracle 8.1.7.4.1 >> >> >> Many thanks for your attention >> >> -- >> >> Sitta > > http://metalink.oracle.com > > Regards > /Rauf > ...

Eudora 7.1 and Windows 7?
Hi, do you know if Eudora 7.1 works fine with Windows 7? Thanks On 27 Dec 2009 in comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows, wrote: > Hi, do you know if Eudora 7.1 works fine with Windows 7? I run it on Win 7 Enterprise 64 with no problems. Just make sure that the data files are separate from the program files. -- Joe Makowiec http://makowiec.org/ Email: http://makowiec.org/contact/?Joe Usenet Improvement Project: http://twovoyagers.com/improve-usenet.org/ >Just make sure that >the data files are separate from the program files. What do you mean precisely please? thanks...

Matlab 7.1 on window 7
I am currently using window 7 ultimate 32bit.. After finish install MATLAB 7.1, the software won't work.. It's appear window with coding..i think it is a error.. before I used vista and the installer work fine... please help.. or should i download another MATLAB version that compatible with Window 7? thanks~ You may have this problem because Matlab needs a Java virtual machine, and the one that is included could not be 100% compatible with Windows 7... you can download an update for the JVM and copy the exe file to the bin matlab folder.... "Khairizan " <commwarrior_87@yahoo.com> wrote in message <i5gu5k$807$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > I am currently using window 7 ultimate 32bit.. > After finish install MATLAB 7.1, the software won't work.. > It's appear window with coding..i think it is a error.. > before I used vista and the installer work fine... > please help.. > or should i download another MATLAB version that compatible with Window 7? > thanks~ where can i find the java ritual machine that compatible with window 7?.. can you give me the download link?.. "Ruben Gaitan" <gaor81@gmail.com> wrote in message <i5h92h$spu$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > You may have this problem because Matlab needs a Java virtual machine, and the one that is included could not be 100% compatible with Windows 7... you can download an update for the JVM and copy the exe file to the bin matlab folder.... ...

SCO Unixware 7.1.4 .. Setting up incoming access thru internet
I have never done this on a unixware box so can anyone help get me started? I have an account that has finally decided to allow me to setup access to their Unixware box thru the internet. They currently have a broadband connection that pc's are using. They have a Unixware box that we want to connect to their router and then they want me to setup the system so that I and other software people that they work with can access the system thru the internet. I know that this information request is very general but can someone help get me started? Thanks Jay On 12 Apr, 13:51, "crayzeetrayn" <j...@jdconsulting-usa.com> wrote: > I have never done this on a unixware box so can anyone help get me > started? > > I have an account that has finally decided to allow me to setup access > to their Unixware box thru the internet. They currently have a > broadband connection that pc's are using. They have a Unixware box > that we want to connect to their router and then they want me to setup > the system so that I and other software people that they work with can > access the system thru the internet. > > I know that this information request is very general but can someone > help get me started? > > Thanks > Jay As a start see: http://uw714doc.sco.com/en/HW_network/CONTENTS.html for details on how to setup a LAN connection John On Apr 13, 11:51 am, jbol...@sco.com wrote: > On 12 Apr, 13:51, "crayzeetrayn&...

Audit of Unixware 2.1.3 and SCO 5.7.1.1 machines
Hi, I'm trying to perform an Audit of several Unixware 2.1.3 and SCO 5.7.1.1 (yes, really!) and I need to get the commands to grab all the info about the systems. This is things like number of disk controllers, disks, size of disks, amount of memory, CPUs, software installed, NICs, tape drives, volume groups (if approprate). Is there a bunch of commands somewhere that I can use to get all this info. I've been googling around, and looking through this group for some of the morning but I'm not having much luck. Have got all the commands / scripts for AIX, Solaris and HP-UX but not for SCO. Many thanks, Steve Button On 2 Aug 2005 04:06:58 -0700, "Steve Button" <steve0504@pointers-uk.net> wrote: >Hi, > >I'm trying to perform an Audit of several Unixware 2.1.3 and SCO >5.7.1.1 (yes, really!) and I need to get the commands to grab all the >info about the systems. This is things like number of disk controllers, >disks, size of disks, amount of memory, CPUs, software installed, NICs, >tape drives, volume groups (if approprate). > >Is there a bunch of commands somewhere that I can use to get all this >info. I've been googling around, and looking through this group for >some of the morning but I'm not having much luck. > Is version 5.7.1.1 UnixWare 7.1.1? I've never seen Unixware in any form, but on SCO OpenServer there is a command called "hw" which will detail most if not all of what y...

pgsql-server: Preliminary release notes for 7.4.4, 7.3.7, 7.2.5.
Log Message: ----------- Preliminary release notes for 7.4.4, 7.3.7, 7.2.5. Will add to the back branches later. Modified Files: -------------- pgsql-server/doc/src/sgml: release.sgml (r1.281 -> r1.282) (http://developer.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql-server/doc/src/sgml/release.sgml.diff?r1=1.281&r2=1.282) ---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 5: Have you checked our extensive FAQ? http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs/FAQ.html ...

7 N 7. Windows 7 here in 7 days. Goodbye Linux.
Windows 7 will obliterate what scraps of Linux are still left lying around like rotting garbage. The masses will welcome Windows 7 with open wallets and will ignore free Linux desktop even more than in the past, if that is even mathematically possible. You can tell that excitement is in the air over the Windows release because the Linux morons are squealing like stuck pigs. Hopefully this will put desktop Linux out of it's misery and flush the basements of the world of these Linux worshiping vermin. Who knows, maybe sales of soap, the kind used to clean things, will go up? Of course sales of pizza and jolt will go down. Goodbye Linux. We hardly knew ya. Doug Miller wrote: > Windows 7 will obliterate what scraps of Linux are still left lying > around like rotting garbage. The masses will welcome Windows 7 with > open wallets and will ignore free Linux desktop even more than in the > past, if that is even mathematically possible. Well now, you seem to be much more intelligent than the last person (DFS) that I was talking to on this subject, so perhaps *you* would like to give us some figures? In effect, Windows 7 will have been on sale on most new computers (retail) since July (in that most have been sold with a Windows 7 Upgrade option), and no doubt (as you say) people will go out in droves to open their wallets and buy it anyway. Therefore, on 1st December, we should see a very substantial leap in Windows 7 use on (say) NetApplications and statcounter, s...

Upgrading Oracle 8.1.7.2 to 8.1.7.4
Can somebody help me with the processof upgrading the Oracle Database server from 8.1.7.2 to 8.1.7.4 ? Thanks, Ram. ***************************************** * This message was posted via http://www.oraclemonster.com * * Report spam or abuse by clicking the following URL: * http://www.oraclemonster.com/Uwe/Abuse.aspx?aid=73db04a468ad4c33876f738804693df2 ***************************************** "Ramanujam Paravastu via OracleMonster.com" <forum@OracleMonster.com> a �crit dans le message de news:73db04a468ad4c33876f738804693df2@OracleMonster.com... > Can somebody help me with the processof upgrading the Oracle Database server from 8.1.7.2 to 8.1.7.4 ? > > Thanks, > > Ram. > > ***************************************** > * This message was posted via http://www.oraclemonster.com > * > * Report spam or abuse by clicking the following URL: > * http://www.oraclemonster.com/Uwe/Abuse.aspx?aid=73db04a468ad4c33876f738804693df2 > ***************************************** Just follow the instructions in the README.html file you get with your patchset. -- Regards Michel Cadot I found the patch for UNIX systems, I would like to know the patch for Windows NT/2000 systems Please. Thanks. ***************************************** * A copy of the whole thread can be found at: * http://www.oraclemonster.com/Uwe/Forum.aspx/oracle-misc/2776 * * Report spam or abuse by clicking the fo...

rpm Problems on SCO UnixWare 7.1.1
I am having problems using the rpm v. 3.0.6 that comes with UnixWare 7.1.1. Whenever I give it any command other than --help, --showrc, or --version I get: rpm: only one major mode may be specified I have rpm working fine on AIX and Tru64, and of course Linux. I sure did not expect to run into any problems with rpm on SCO. What do I need to do to get this thing working. Our company needs rpm support very badly as we distribute our Java apps in noarch rpms, and we have to support SCO UW 7.1.1 platforms. Some of the commands that I have tried are: rpm -qa rpm -qpi filename.noarch.rpm rpm -qpl f...

ACE + TAO Installation (5.4.7 / 1.4.7) Problem
Hi, Appreciate any info concerning an ACE+TAO installation. Info as follows: OS: RH Enterprise 4.0 64-bit kernel There seems to be various ways to install ACE+TAO and I want to make certain that I am using the correct procedure. I have read both the TAO and ACE html install files but there seems to be some contradiction between to two. ACE Build (From ACE html) 1. mkdir build (ACE_wrappers top-level) 2. ../configure 3. make 4. make install ACE+TAO Build (From TAO html) 1. Set ACE_ROOT environment variable as outlined in the ACE installation notes. 2. Build and install ACE under $ACE_ROOT. 3. Change directory to $ACE_ROOT/ace and execute make. 4. Also build GPERF under $ACE_ROOT/apps/gperf 5. Set TAO_ROOT environment variable to $ACE_ROOT/TAO. 6. Build and install the TAO release under $TAO_ROOT. So what approach is best to take? I've also noticed the following when performing the make process: make[2]: Leaving directory `/opt/FOSS/ACE_wrappers/apps/gperf/tests' ls: /usr/lib/librt.so*: No such file or directory make[2]: Entering directory `/opt/FOSS/ACE_wrappers/apps/gperf/tests' This project will not be built due to the following missing library: ACE My OS has the librt.so within /usr/lib/lib64 directory and there is also a librt.so.1 under /lib. Should I make a link under /usr/lib or is this a configuration issue? Appreciate any additional info. Thanks. -Jim Hi Jim, Is there a reason you're using suc...

UnixWare 7.1.3 printing of ISO8859-2 characters on compatible and non-compatible printers
I am trying to print ISO8859-2 files on Fujitsu DL-3800 (ISO-LTN emulation, locked, 8bit) but instead of special characters in upper part of character table (127-255 decimal), some �aproksimation� takes place, and characters from lower part (less than 127 decimal) of charcter table are printed. I do see ISO8859-2 characters on console (I have chosen hr_p (Croatian locale), ISO8859-2 Slovenian keyboard, and ISO-8859-2 character set in International Setting Manager), so there must be some catch in place? Also as most of printers still in use have only CP852 charcter implemeted (EPROM modified) I would like to �translate� output from ISO8859-2 to CP852! Is this possible? Any suggestions? It seems this is not an easy question? Anybody with any suggestion? mirko@zgop.co.yu (Mirko) wrote in message news:<50df1984.0309071108.3a75269b@posting.google.com>... > I am trying to print ISO8859-2 files on Fujitsu DL-3800 (ISO-LTN > emulation, locked, 8bit) but instead of special characters in upper > part of character table (127-255 decimal), some �aproksimation� takes > place, and characters from lower part (less than 127 decimal) of > charcter table are printed. I do see ISO8859-2 characters on console > (I have chosen hr_p (Croatian locale), ISO8859-2 Slovenian keyboard, > and ISO-8859-2 character set in International Setting Manager), so > there must be some catch in place? Also as most of printers still in > use have only CP852...

VMS 7.2-1 / 7.3.4 / forms 4.5
Is anyone here in my boat: We are running OpenVMS 7.2-1, Oracle 7.3.4 and Forms 45 for our system. Has anyone here migrated their forms to something else, java or the like, and what are they using. Or do they have any plans to do so in the near future and what might their plans be? Alternatively does 7.3.4 and Forms4.5 work on VMS 7.3-1 even though it isn't desupported before I go and try it for myself? ...

Web resources about - Cannot print to Windows 7 shared printer over VPN from Unixware 7.1.4 - comp.unix.sco.misc

UnixWare - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
UnixWare is typically deployed as a server rather than desktop . Binary distributions of UnixWare are available for x86 architecture computers. ...

UnixWare 7.1.3 Review
OSNews is Exploring the Future of Computing with news on desktop, server, mobile, and specialty operating systems and new computing technology. ...

Ask Slashdot: Finding Legacy UnixWare Installation Media?
... Unisys server in production that hosts a legacy system and are attempting to virtualize it. Unfortunately we don't have a generic UnixWare (2.1.2) ...

Univerzitní křesťanské hnutí - Unlap - Seitenverzeichnis - Facebook
Results from the Seiten directory for Univerzitní křesťanské hnutí - Unlap. Search Facebook for more Seiten with names like Univerzitní křesťanské ...

Open Directory - Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Unix
about dmoz - dmoz blog - suggest URL - update listing - report abuse/spam - help the entire directory only in Operating_Systems/Unix Description ...

SCO official defends Linux sales after suit was filed
The SCO Group's product management director, Erik Hughes, says the company continued to sell its Linux products for over two months after suing ...

Cisco Technical Forums
Find ANY word Find ALL words Find EXACT phrase Help Aironet Power Supplies VoIP Gateways Cisco Repair Refurbished Cisco Cisco CPQRGs New ...

An IBM, Sequent deal would drive Monterey
Rumors of a possible merger with IBM drive Sequent's stock price up, but technology analysts aren't convinced a deal is sensible or imminent. ...

SCO puts disputed code in the spotlight
Technology launches take second place at SCO's confab to a defense of the legal battles against Linux, as the company displays the lines of code ...

Games on a Plane [ 2 ]
If you've flown on a major airline in the past few years, chances are you've seen your share of in-flight games. But who is behind all these, ...