Code: nxljpcpn
Data: g0;k;mddh5m7

The license is not in use and is legit.  Or as legit as can be after
posting the activation info to Usenet.

First one to email me gets the COLA VIA snail mail.  And my
condolences.

-sw
1
Sqwertz

On Jan 24, 12:58=A0pm, Sqwertz <swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote:
> Anybody need a Free(*) Openserver devsys license? =A0It's from around
> the time of 5.0.4 or 5.0.5. =A0But it should work up through 5.0.6,
> (by serializing ld and cc manually - those are the only two items
> that the license unlocks).

Given the availablility, and significant improvements of 5.0.7, why
would you want this? With the gnutools of 5.0.7 in place, you've got
access to a superior compiler and toolchain far more likely to be able
to work with non-SCO software as well.
0
Nico
1/24/2010 6:33:50 PM
Sqwertz typed (on Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 11:58:33AM -0600):
| Anybody need a Free(*) Openserver devsys license?  It's from around
| the time of 5.0.4 or 5.0.5.  But it should work up through 5.0.6,
| (by serializing ld and cc manually - those are the only two items
| that the license unlocks).
|
| Number: 2GA026600
| Code: nxljpcpn
| Data: g0;k;mddh5m7
|
| The license is not in use and is legit.  Or as legit as can be after
| posting the activation info to Usenet.
|
| First one to email me gets the COLA VIA snail mail.  And my
| condolences.

condolences for what?

Yes, I can use the DevSys license.

--
JP
0
On Sun, 24 Jan 2010 10:33:50 -0800 (PST), Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:

> On Jan 24, 12:58�pm, Sqwertz <swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote:
>> Anybody need a Free(*) Openserver devsys license? �It's from around
>> the time of 5.0.4 or 5.0.5. �But it should work up through 5.0.6,
>> (by serializing ld and cc manually - those are the only two items
>> that the license unlocks).
>
> Given the availablility, of 5.0.7, and significant improvements

After 6 years you still consider *that* significant?  Point releases
never meant much to me - a big service pack, IMO.  Any new
"features" were probably available before it's release.

I just now saw that it has "native" support for GNU G++.  Gee, that
was already on the Skunkware CD for, what, 8 years?  It just got a
little polishing and an optional support contract.

> why would you want this?

1. Because maybe somebody can use it.
2. It's Free.
3.  It intrinsic value

I take it you don't want it?

-sw
0
swertz (7)
2/6/2010 5:42:06 AM
On Sun, 24 Jan 2010 17:12:02 -0500, Jean-Pierre Radley wrote:

> Sqwertz typed (on Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 11:58:33AM -0600):
>| Anybody need a Free(*) Openserver devsys license?  It's from around
>| the time of 5.0.4 or 5.0.5.  But it should work up through 5.0.6,
>| (by serializing ld and cc manually - those are the only two items
>| that the license unlocks).
>|
>| Number: 2GA026600
>| Code: nxljpcpn
>| Data: g0;k;mddh5m7
>|
>| The license is not in use and is legit.  Or as legit as can be after
>| posting the activation info to Usenet.
>|
>| First one to email me gets the COLA VIA snail mail.  And my
>| condolences.
>

> Yes, I can use the DevSys license.

I'll send you the COLA.  You still overlooking Central Park?

> condolences for what?

I read one or two other posts while I was there and somebody or
another was telling everyone SCO (or at least Openserver) was
virtually kaput.

-sw
0
swertz (7)
2/6/2010 5:48:39 AM
On Feb 6, 12:42=A0am, Sqwertz <swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Jan 2010 10:33:50 -0800 (PST), Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
> > On Jan 24, 12:58=A0pm, Sqwertz <swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote:
> >> Anybody need a Free(*) Openserver devsys license? =A0It's from around
> >> the time of 5.0.4 or 5.0.5. =A0But it should work up through 5.0.6,
> >> (by serializing ld and cc manually - those are the only two items
> >> that the license unlocks).
>
> > Given the availablility, of 5.0.7, and significant improvements
>
> After 6 years you still consider *that* significant? =A0Point releases
> never meant much to me - a big service pack, IMO. =A0Any new
> "features" were probably available before it's release.
>
> I just now saw that it has "native" support for GNU G++. =A0Gee, that
> was already on the Skunkware CD for, what, 8 years? =A0It just got a
> little polishing and an optional support contract.

The difference between 5.0.7 and previous releases was very
significant. The formerly scattered and haphazardly integrated
"Skunkware" CD had its core toolchain updated and integrated into
gnutools. That's not "a little polishing", that was a lot of
somebody's work, and made OpenServer 5.0.7 far easier to run 3rd party
tools on

As someone who's tried building the GNU toolchain into unsupported
operating systems, I can say "been there, done that, would much rather
someone with access to system include files get them to follow POSIX
and clean up their scattered errors before I have to correct it for
them".

> > why would you want this?
>
> 1. Because maybe somebody can use it.
> 2. It's Free.
> 3. =A0It intrinsic value
>
> I take it you don't want it?
>
> -sw

No, thank you. Even for virtualization or hobbyist purposes, the pain
of dealing with the previous releases rather than the final, supported
release is quite noticeable. Other examples of benefits include the
integrated version of OpenSSH, which means that they've integrated /
dev/random components into the OS, easy installation on VMware (which
required using the 5.0.7 boot floppy to install older releases).

Free is good. But like a "free" cup of coffee, if the cup leaks and
you have to wash your clothes from it, it probably wasn't worth the
investment. In this case, the improvements in 5.0.7 are pretty
immediately noticeable, and it's still supported. (For as long as SCO
or their 3rdparty support contractors are still in business: SCO is
bankrupt, and for good reason.)
0
nkadel (705)
2/6/2010 6:17:35 PM
Sqwertz typed (on Fri, Feb 05, 2010 at 11:48:39PM -0600):
| On Sun, 24 Jan 2010 17:12:02 -0500, Jean-Pierre Radley wrote:
|
| > Sqwertz typed (on Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 11:58:33AM -0600):
| >| Anybody need a Free(*) Openserver devsys license?  It's from around
| >| the time of 5.0.4 or 5.0.5.  But it should work up through 5.0.6,
| >| (by serializing ld and cc manually - those are the only two items
| >| that the license unlocks).
| >|
| >| Number: 2GA026600
| >| Code: nxljpcpn
| >| Data: g0;k;mddh5m7
| >|
| >| The license is not in use and is legit.  Or as legit as can be after
| >| posting the activation info to Usenet.
| >|
| >| First one to email me gets the COLA VIA snail mail.  And my
| >| condolences.
| >

| > Yes, I can use the DevSys license.
|
| I'll send you the COLA.  You still overlooking Central Park?

Thank you.  Yes, I haven't moved.

| > condolences for what?
|
| I read one or two other posts while I was there and somebody or
| another was telling everyone SCO (or at least Openserver) was
| virtually kaput.

Close, but not totally.

--
JP
0

Free is good. But like a "free" cup of coffee, if the cup leaks and you have
to wash your clothes from it, it probably wasn't worth the investment. In
this case, the improvements in 5.0.7 are pretty immediately noticeable, and
it's still supported. (For as long as SCO or their 3rdparty support
contractors are still in business: SCO is bankrupt, and for good reason.)

Hey Nico,

"SCO is bankrupt, and for good reason"

What do you consider to be the "good reason" ?

David

0
david.dew (2)
2/6/2010 8:20:28 PM
Sqwertz wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Jan 2010 10:33:50 -0800 (PST), Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
>
>> On Jan 24, 12:58 pm, Sqwertz <swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote:
>>> Anybody need a Free(*) Openserver devsys license?  It's from around
>>> the time of 5.0.4 or 5.0.5.  But it should work up through 5.0.6,
>>> (by serializing ld and cc manually - those are the only two items
>>> that the license unlocks).
>> Given the availablility, of 5.0.7, and significant improvements
>
> After 6 years you still consider *that* significant?  Point releases
> never meant much to me - a big service pack, IMO.  Any new
> "features" were probably available before it's release.
>
> I just now saw that it has "native" support for GNU G++.  Gee, that
> was already on the Skunkware CD for, what, 8 years?  It just got a
> little polishing and an optional support contract.

5.0.4 to 5.0.7 is not a minor point release regardless what the numbers
look like. Similarly and inversely, OpenServer 6 is not OpenServer.

The differences between 5.0.4 and 5.0.7 are significant and several
things can not be added to 5.0.4 via any updates or patches or 3rd party
add-ons. Yes, some things are available in some form on 5.0.4, and yes
some things are basically minor improvements in various system scripts
which make the system more convenient to use. An yes many of the more
serious changes are not especially flashy or easily visible, like the
many kernel improvements.

--
bkw
0

Licensing question 5.0.4 - 5.0.6
We need to upgrade a backup server from 5.0.4 to 5.0.6 (same as live server). Our supplier told us that a base pack upgrade for 5.0.6 is not available and we would have to have 5.0.7. This version of Sco is not certified compatible with our server. Does anyone know if we can install 5.0.7 licences on 5.0.6? Also it feels like the supplier is telling stories to force us into buying a new server. Does anyone know if 5.0.6 base packs are available? Thanks for your help Regards BB p.s. anonymity preserved to prevent Spam. Bigbyte typed (on Tue, Sep 09, 2003 at 04:22:53PM +0100): | We need...

Upgrading 5.0.5 to 5.0.6/5.0.7
Hi, I've inheirited 3 SCO Servers and need to upgrade one to 5.0.6 from 5.0.5. The other two are at 5.0.6 and I want them all in line. Some questions: 1. Does SCO charge for this upgrade? If so, how much? 2. How easy is the upgrade? 3. Should I go to 5.0.7 instead for all the machines? Thanks, Jon Jon Wynacht typed (on Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 09:16:17AM -0700): | Hi, | | I've inheirited 3 SCO Servers and need to upgrade one to 5.0.6 from | 5.0.5. The other two are at 5.0.6 and I want them all in line. Some | questions: | | 1. Does SCO charge for this upgrade? If so, how much? ...

SYbase SQL & SCO OpenServer 5.0.4/5.0.5
Can somone help me with wich SQL versions runs on SCO OSR5.0.4 and SCO OSR 5.0.5? So your the customer SCO still has :-) Sorry.. Couldn't resist ! ASE 10.0.2 was certified on SCO OSR5.0.2 with OS patches SLS 422a, SLS 437a. It wasn't certified on anything higher. ASE 11.0.x was certified on 5.0.4, but nothing higher. Sybase doesn't support 10.x or 11.x any more ...

Looking for precompiled 'rsync" for SCO 5.0.5, 5.0.6 and 5.0.7
I was recommended to use 'rsync' for multi-site transfers. But I have come to find that "rsync" does not exist already in OpenServer 5.0.5, 5.0.6 and 5.0.7. You can only get the "source" files which you "must" compile in order to create the "rsync." These seems to require that you compile these on every level of OpenServer you need. Where / how can I get the 'rsync' binaries already compiled for the levels I need? smlunatick typed (on Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 11:10:53AM -0700): | I was recommended to use 'rsync' for multi-site tr...

Upgrade OSR 5.0.5 to 5.0.6 or 5.0.7
Hi all, I've two olds servers DELL Poweredge 2300 with Raid PERC, funtionning with OSR 5.0.5. Iwant upgrade the OS to 5.0.6 or 5.0.7 but it seems (sco.com) that the poweredge 2300 is bnot supported after OSR 5.0.5 (Hardware comptatibility). has somebody attempt this with success and which drivers (Raid PERC, Adaptec) are used. Thank you in advance fir the help. ----------------------------------------------------- Andre Georgel Email : andre.georgel@noos.fr "La perfection n'est pas lorsqu'il n'y a plus rien � ajouter, mais lorsque qu'il n'y a plus rien � enl...

Sybase and Openserver 5.0.4/5.0.5
Can somone give me information about what Sybase Sql version that runs on OSR5.0.4 and OSR5.0.5 etc? ...

NFS SCo 5.0.5 with SCO 6.0.0
Hi everybody, I have a folder on SCO 5.0.5 server shared through NFS with a new SCO 6.0.0 with MP2 server (converted from a SCO 5.0.6 version). Before conversion file locks (over network) on this folder works well (eg from server SCO 5.0.6 I was able to see locks generated from SCO 5.0.5 box and viceversa), now with SCO 6.0.0 does not work ! I see that on SCO 6.0.0 the lockd daemon is active .. so it should work ... Please can you help me ? Thanks Cuffiette ...

DynamicTrader RT 5.0, Elwave 8.0 + all modules, NeoTicker RT 4.0, Tradestation 8.2 b3863 + OwnData 2.5, BWT Zones SP 5.0 ( Open Source ) , NeuroShell 5.2 and Add-Ons, Professional Tradeadvisor 5
DynamicTrader RT 5.0, Elwave 8.0 + all modules, NeoTicker RT 4.0, Tradestation 8.2 b3863 + OwnData 2.5, BWT Zones SP 5.0 ( Open Source ) , NeuroShell 5.2 and Add-Ons, Professional Tradeadvisor 5.0, Ensign 2006, MarketDelta eSignal 3.2.1.5, Right Line Traders v 2006, and other FINANCIAL SOFTWARE AND TECHNICAL ANALYSIS SOFTWARE ------------------------------------------------------------------------ FRx Financial Reporter v6.5 for Solomon and Forecaster v6.7 Read . nfo CD NR 14 454 FRx Financial Reporter v6.5 for Great Plains and Forecaster ...

SCO OpenServer 5.0.4/5.0.5 New Daylight Savings dates
Has anyone yet come up with a solution on changing older SCO OpenServer 5.0.4 / 5.0.5 / 5.0.6 systems to accommodate the new daylight savings dates starting this year?? I have looked around at SCO's site and they have an update to install on 5.0.7 systems that also indicate you should install new libc, etc Anyone know how to fix this on older SCO OpenServer releases?? Thanks for any help Scott Ullmann Telespectrum sullmann@telespectrum.com scooter typed (on Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 12:37:58PM -0800): | Has anyone yet come up with a solution on changing older SCO OpenServer | 5.0.4 / 5.0....

Upgrading SCO Openserver 5.0.4 to 5.0.7
Hello, i am interested in the steps needed to upgrade 5.0.4 to 5.0.7 and the amount of time needed to successfully complete. Also any gotchas i could look out for would be great to know. On 2/8/2011 8:49 AM, drew wrote: > Hello, i am interested in the steps needed to upgrade 5.0.4 to 5.0.7 > and the amount of time needed to successfully complete. Also any > gotchas i could look out for would be great to know. Hi, Drew. Start with a clean install of 5.0.7 - don't try the upgrade option during the IPL. Upgrades didn't work very well until 5.0.5 came out. Obv...

[ciao-users] ACE+TAO+CIAO
Hi, We are pleased to announce a new beta of ACE-5.4.5, TAO-1.4.5 and CIAO-0.4.5. This beta contains a number of time/space optimizations, including POA/Skeleton refactoring and TypeCode reimplementation. It also fixes a number of important bugs reported by our users, which we greatly appreciate, as always. As usual the latest release is available at: http://deuce.doc.wustl.edu/Download.html The doxygen documentation for the beta will be updated in the next few hours! We encourage you to download the new beta, use it with your applications, and let us know if you encount...

In-Place Upgrade of SCO OpenServer 5.0.4 to 5.0.7
I will attempt this upgrade in a few days. Has anyone on this forum done this? Any pitfalls? Any problems? I checked SCO's tech article data base and found articles 11293 ("An in-place upgrade from OpenServer 5.0.4 to 5.0.5 and then on to 5.06 fails"), 112523 ("I upgraded from OpenServer 5.0.x to OpenServer 5.0.6 and my files from /usr/local are missing"), 105664 ("The Internet FastStart package did not install after an in-place upgrade to OpenServer Enterprise Release 5.0.4 or 5.0.5"), and 11542 ("I get kernel relink errors when trying to install Mer...

SCO Open Server 5.0.6 versus 5.0.4
Hi, Anybody can point me to info or can state if there is a performance improvement from running 5.0.6 versus 5.0.4. Application is database access centered. Regards, Marian news wrote: > Hi, > Anybody can point me to info or can state if there is a performance > improvement from running 5.0.6 versus 5.0.4. Application is database access > centered. I don't think you are going to get a useful answer. Let's assume that I could authoritatively say that 5.0.6 has performance related improvements over .4 in certain areas. I can't recall if it does or doesn't, bu...

SCO 5.0.5/5.0.6 bios clock, time zone and synching
Hi All, Does SCO expect the BIOS clock to be set to UTC? Ive got a few SCO boxen spread across a couple of time zones and at the moment, the bios clocks in the servers are set to localtime not UTC. The timezone settings in SCO Admin are also wrong. I was under the impression *nix always expects the BIOS clock to be set to UTC and then the timezone settings in SCO tell the OS what the local time is. This does not seem to be the case for me. On a testing box, Ive set the BIOS clock to UTC, set the correct timezone in scoadmin but the date command in a root shell still gives the wrong time. E...

Web resources about - Free Dev Sys License (5.0.4 or 5.0.5) - comp.unix.sco.misc

License - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
) refers to that permission as well as to the document recording that permission. A license may be granted by a party ("licensor") to another ...

Orange County receiving complaints about license plates that spell out the word 'GAY'
Dozens of applications for personalized vanity license plates that are vulgar, racist, hateful or refer to official agencies like the CIA or ...

Tesla applies for Michigan dealership license in unusual move
Filed under: Government/Legal , Green , Tesla , Electric Tesla Motors has requested a 'Class A' dealership license in Michigan, a state where ...

Tableau Plunges 40%: License Revenue Misses, Says Mizuho
Data visualization tools maker Tableau Software (DATA) this afternoon reported Q4 revenue and profit that topped analysts’ expectations, but ...

Bill Gates used to memorize employee license plate numbers to see who was working the longest
In a refreshingly candid and informative interview with BBC's Kirsty Young, Microsoft founder Bill Gates spoke openly on number of interesting ...

Bill Gates remembered everyone's license plate at Microsoft so he could check when they came and went ...
Bill Gates, the co-founder of Microsoft, told the BBC Radio 4's "Desert Island Discs" programme that he used to memorise the number plates of ...

Oracle raises questions on open-source license for Android with OpenJDK
Oracle has raised questions whether a version of Google's Android operating system running OpenJDK code will get an open-source license. Google ...

Tesla Applied For A Dealership License In Michigan
... residents keen on purchasing a Tesla may no longer have to travel to Chicago, Ohio, Indiana, or Canada: Tesla has applied for dealership licenses ...

Indiana's latest 'license to discriminate' bill dies a quick death
Well, that was fast . x We did it: #SB66 will NOT advance today—and is almost certainly dead for this legislative session! #INLegis #lgbt ...

Maharashtra govt drops five kind of licenses needed for hotels
Maharashtra govt drops five kind of licenses needed for hotels - Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis took the decision to help those looking to ...