How do you get rid of dynamic linker warning

I have just ported a large application suite to sco 5.0.7.
The application suite runs fine. It's passed our many regression test.

The only annoyance is when we run a program, we get the "warning":

dynamic linker: prog123: warning: copy relocation size mismatch for
symbol Xpcs_work_int

How do you stop the dynamic linker telling me this every time I run a
program? Surely there is an environment variable to tell it
"I'm not interested, I know there is a coding problem, I don't want to
fix it, stop telling me this."

I'm using the same code on AIX, HPUX, Linux, sco (5.0.5), Mpe/ix, svr4
and nothing else complains.

Regards,
Ian.

0
bagpussnz (5)

bagpussnz@gmail.com wrote:
> I have just ported a large application suite to sco 5.0.7.
> The application suite runs fine. It's passed our many regression test.
>
> The only annoyance is when we run a program, we get the "warning":
>
> dynamic linker: prog123: warning: copy relocation size mismatch for
> symbol Xpcs_work_int
>
> How do you stop the dynamic linker telling me this every time I run a
> program? Surely there is an environment variable to tell it
> "I'm not interested, I know there is a coding problem, I don't want to
> fix it, stop telling me this."

There's no way to tell the dynamic linker to stop issuing this warning.

Because, it really could be a coding problem.  It's saying that your
top-level application binary (the "a.out") is making a data reference
to Xpcs_work_int, which is defined in some .so dynamic library of
yours.

But, between the time the a.out was built and when the .so was built,
the size of Xpcs_work_int changed.  Or, they were always given
different
sizes to begin with, perhaps due to duplicate inconsistent header
files.

Depending upon the usage of Xpcs_work_int, this size mismatch may or
may
not cause an application failure, but it's definitely worth looking
into.

Jonathan Schilling

0
jlselsewhere (207)

Getting rid of warnings
I am trying to get rid of a few annoying warnings in my project - I have got rid of most of them but a few remain which I cant seem to get rid of. The first one is while using FD_SET/FD_CLR for adding and clearing sockets. I get the warning: warning C4127: conditional expression is constant The other one is using SetWindowLongPtr. I did have two warnings for this but managed to cast the result to get rid of one warning. I cant get rid of the last warning though. My code is: mOldWndProc = (WNDPROC)(long long)SetWindowLongPtr(mHwnd, GWLP_WNDPROC, (LONG_PTR)SkinWndProc); ...

Getting rid of warnings
Hello all, I usually try to get my code clean enough so that no warnings remain at compile time. So I'm annoyed by the 2 following warnings which I can't get rid of. Suggestions (in the form of code rewrite or #pragma) are welcome. Exemple 1: #define MAX_TRACES 100 int NbTraces=0; // Set somewhere else in the program void F(void) { int i, Idx[MAX_TRACES]; for (j=0; j<MAX_TRACES; j++) Idx[j]=0; // Doesn't change anything for (j=0; j<MAX_TRACES; j++) GetSomething(&Idx[j]); for (j=0; j<NbTraces; j++) i = Idx[j]; } The last line gives me: Warning: Local 'Idx' might not have been fully initialized. Obviously NbTraces<MAX_TRACES and anyway I fill up the Idx array with 0, so what is it complaining about ? Example 2: #define ADD(Frmt) { \ if (NULL==strchr(Frmt, '%')) sprintf(DimName, "%s/" Frmt, Server.Name);\ else sprintf(DimName, "%s/" Frmt, Server.Name, Port); ADD("Something"); ADD("SomePort%d"); The first add gives me: DimPpcServer.c:1126: warning: too many arguments for format And the 2nd one: DimPpcServer.c:1130: warning: too few arguments for format I understand the reason (the expansion of "%s/Something" on the 2nd line of the macro has an extra argument). Thanks -- Guillaume Dargaud http://www.gdargaud.net/ On 2012-03-05, Guillaume Dargaud <use_the_contact_form@www.gdargaud.net> wrote: > Hello all, > I usually try to get my code c...

How to get rid of warnings?

How do I get rid of this warning?
Patterned after the solution suggested in the perlmodlib man page, I wrote the following code: ==================== This is file b.pm #!/usr/local/bin/perl -w use strict; package b; sub f { print "BBBBBBBB @_\n"; } eval join('', <main::DATA>) || die $@ unless caller(); 1 __END__ package main; b::f(@ARGV); ================================= When called this from the command line, say: b.pm X it works fine. But when I use it as a module, say from this context: ===================== This is file p.pl #!/usr/local/bin/perl -w use strict; use b; b::f('X'); ====...

Win2k Ras/VPN and a SCO Unix Machine and some difficulty getting to the SCO Machine [LONG]
First let me say I am sorry for the length of this but I wanted to provide as much info as possible. I have a client that has a Compaq system running SCO Unix 5.0.7 system in conjunction with a Win2k System providing VPN access. #uname -X System = SCO_SV Node = theirnode Release = 3.2v5.0.7 KernelID = 2003-02-18 Machine = Xeon BusType = ISA Serial = XXXXXXXXXXX Users = 30 OEM# = 0 Origin# = 1 NumCPU = 1 The bulk of their processing is done via dumb terminal connections but they also have a few in-house workstations connected via ethernet and then DSL access via Windows VPN. There is a Netopia DSL modem, a Linksys DSL/Broadband hub (acting as a Hub, router and gateway), a Linksys wireless Access Point and a Windows 2000 system which is the VPN Server and also handles some DNS functions. The Windows 2k machine has 2 NICS - one classed as WAN and one as LAN but they are on the same subnet (as you will see). Our problem is that while the internal network connections all work flawlessly the connections via the VPN are really a hit and miss sort of thing. It always seems and my testing seems to confirm that we can get to the VPN server on the Win2k box and get an IP address (using DHCP via the VPN) but then we will only be able to ping the NIC cards the Win2k machine possesses or the Linksys routers (which we had to go through to get to the VPN Box anyways) but our access to the SCO Unix box will fail while trying to connect - pings will fail as well. As ...

Get rid of unused parameter warning?
I have an abstract base class which defines an interface to a function which takes 3 arguments. From that ABC I define a set of derived classes which implements the base class' interface. The thing is, some derived classes don't use some of the parameters, which causes the compiler to throw warnings. As I'm not using those parameters intentionally, those warnings tend to be a bit annoying. So, does anyone happen to know a good standard way to get the compiler to stop warning about those specific instances where a parameter isn't used? Thanks in advance, Rui Maciel On Sep 25, 3:08=A0pm, Rui Maciel <rui.mac...@gmail.com> wrote: > I have an abstract base class which defines an interface to a function wh= ich takes 3 arguments. =A0 > From that ABC I define a set of derived classes which implements the base= class' interface. =A0The > thing is, some derived classes don't use some of the parameters, which ca= uses the compiler to throw > warnings. =A0As I'm not using those parameters intentionally, those warni= ngs tend to be a bit > annoying. > > So, does anyone happen to know a good standard way to get the compiler to= stop warning about those > specific instances where a parameter isn't used? One way is not to name the parameters, give only type: int foo( int ) { return 0; } For me it is fine. The downside that some claim it not documenting the intention well ...

How to get rid of obsolete function warning
Hi all, Since I'm using randint function I receive: Warning: This is an obsolete function and may be removed in the future. Please use RANDI instead. To disable this warning, type warning('off','comm:obsolete:randint'); but everytime I startup MATLAB I have to do "warning('off','comm:obsolete:randint');" How can I get rid of that warning permanently? Elnaz "Elnaz " <ebsadeghian@gmail.com> wrote in message <kjvlb2$6op$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Hi all, > Since I'm using randint function I receive: > Warning: This is an obsolete function and may be removed in the > future. > Please use RANDI instead. > To disable this warning, type > warning('off','comm:obsolete:randint'); > but everytime I startup MATLAB I have to do "warning('off','comm:obsolete:randint');" > How can I get rid of that warning permanently? > > Elnaz Why not just switch to randi? It won't be long before randint does disappear, and then you will need to do so anyway. John On 4/8/2013 6:54 PM, Elnaz wrote: > Hi all, > Since I'm using randint function I receive: > Warning: This is an obsolete function and may be removed in the > future. > Please use RANDI instead. > To disable this warning, type > warning('off','comm:obsolete:r...

how to get rid of warnings from required fields?
Hi, I made a form based on one table that has several required fields. If in the form, I leave some of them blank and close the form using 'X', I get 2 warning messages, 1st is "... field is required." 2nd is "if you close, the data will be lost." How can I get rid of these or, if possible, I would like to replace them with my own. I tried Form Close event, doesn't work. Anyone could help me here? Thanks in advance. ming On 13 May 2006 15:42:39 -0700, swingingming wrote: > Hi, I made a form based on one table that has several required fields. > If in the form, I leave some of them blank and close the form using > 'X', I get 2 warning messages, 1st is "... field is required." 2nd is > "if you close, the data will be lost." > How can I get rid of these or, if possible, I would like to replace > them with my own. I tried Form Close event, doesn't work. > Anyone could help me here? Thanks in advance. > ming Here's how you can find the correct error and show your own message for any of the form level errors. First code the Form's Error event: MsgBox "Error#: " & DataErr ' Display the error number Response = acDataErrDisplay ' Display Default message Then open the form and intentionally make that error. The message box will display the error number and the default error message. Next, go back to the error event and change that code to: If DataErr = XXXX...

How to get the information of the dynamic linkink library in UNIX?
Hi all, 1> If there are more than one dynamic linking libraries in the file system, how do I know which one is loaded into system? Any C library or system call can tell me which *.so or *.sl is active? Can the setting of LD_LIBRARY_PATH guanrantee that the correct one is executed? 2> In MS-WINDOWS, once a DLL is loaded by one allication, this DLL will be used by the subsequent appication. Does UNIX have the same mechanism? 3> Or in UNIX the application always load the dynamic linking library according to the paths specified by LD_LIBRARY_PATH. 4> Can the applications belonge...

XPATH
Hello, I have an Xpath expression: //foo[translate(text(),"ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ","abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz")="'bla'"] Here i check if i can find bla in a foo tag - and its case insensitive. If i use this expression I get warnings (failures?): Unrecognized escape \Q passed through at (eval 4) line 1. Unrecognized escape \E passed through at (eval 4) line 1. Unrecognized escape \Q passed through at (eval 4) line 1. Unrecognized escape \E passed through at (eval 4) line 1. and I dont know what they mean? if i check without the case sensitive tes...

How to get rid of warning message from proc dataset
Hey, guys, I submitted the followin codes, and get warning message as "Warning: No matching members in directory". I cheked some papers, SAS gave such message when library is not specified. But in my case, the library is defined. And the warning still exists the second time I run the code. Does any one know how to get rid of the warning? (note: try is a sas dataset) . Many thanks. libname temp 'C:\Documents and Settings\Desktop\test'; libname t2path 'C:\Documents and settings\Desktop\test\sub_m'; proc datasets; copy in=temp out=t2path; select try; quit; Mindy ...

Re: How to get rid of warning message from proc dataset
Mindy, Do you still get the warning if you use double quotes {") rather than single quotes (') in the libname statements? Art ------ On Mon, 1 Oct 2007 10:59:47 -0700, Mindy <master2005_sas@YAHOO.COM> wrote: >Hey, guys, > >I submitted the followin codes, and get warning message as "Warning: >No matching members in directory". I cheked some papers, SAS gave such >message when library is not specified. But in my case, the library is >defined. >And the warning still exists the second time I run the code. Does any >one know how to get rid of the warning? (note: try is a sas dataset) . >Many thanks. > >libname temp 'C:\Documents and Settings\Desktop\test'; >libname t2path 'C:\Documents and settings\Desktop\test\sub_m'; > >proc datasets; > copy in=temp out=t2path; > select try; >quit; >Mindy On Oct 1, 11:32 am, art...@NETSCAPE.NET (Arthur Tabachneck) wrote: > Mindy, > > Do you still get the warning if you use double quotes {") rather than > single quotes (') in the libname statements? > > Art > ------ > > > > On Mon, 1 Oct 2007 10:59:47 -0700, Mindy <master2005_...@YAHOO.COM> wrote: > >Hey, guys, > > >I submitted the followin codes, and get warning message as "Warning: > >No matching members in directory". I cheked some papers, SAS gave such > >message when library is not specified. But in my case, ...

How to get rid of warning message from proc dataset #2
Hey, guys, I submitted the followin codes, and get warning message as "Warning: No matching members in directory". I cheked some papers, SAS gave such message when library is not specified. But in my case, the library is defined. And the warning still exists the second time I run the code. Does any one know how to get rid of the warning? (note: try is a sas dataset) . Many thanks. libname temp 'C:\Documents and Settings\Desktop\test'; libname t2path 'C:\Documents and settings\Desktop\test\sub_m'; proc datasets; copy in=temp out=t2path; select try; quit; Mindy ...

I would like to load SCO Unix, where can I get OS?
I would like to load SCO Unix, where can I get disks?. Do I have to buy, or I can request SCO to send me one copy. Anybody habe any idea how is the stability compare to IBM and Sun?. Thanks in advance. basically I would like to load couple of flavors of UNIX, which are freely available to play with Admin and Network side. Thanks again. santa19992000@yahoo.com wrote: > I would like to load SCO Unix, where can I get disks?. Do I have to > buy, or I can request SCO to send me one copy. Anybody habe any idea > how is the stability compare to IBM and Sun?. Thanks in advance. > > basically I would like to load couple of flavors of UNIX, which are > freely available to play with Admin and Network side. Thanks again. > from what I recall, you can't download SCO - you have to buy it. STability is pretty good, makes great server... Solaris has new versions that are FAR superior to SCO and you can download them for free. If this isn't work related, I'd suggest getting Solaris and some *BSD's. Freebsd, Openbsd, Netbsd. This is not related to work, I am looking for free Unix, we would like to learn Unix-Administration, I couldn't afford to buy it, Please suggest me. I would liek to change my field to Unix admin, which had more jobs I believe. Thanks in advance. santa19992000@yahoo.com wrote: > This is not related to work, I am looking for free Unix, we would like > to learn Unix-Administration, I couldn't afford to buy it...

Re: How to get rid of warning message from proc dataset #3
On Mon, 1 Oct 2007 10:59:47 -0700, Mindy <master2005_sas@YAHOO.COM> wrote: >Hey, guys, > >I submitted the followin codes, and get warning message as "Warning: >No matching members in directory". I cheked some papers, SAS gave such >message when library is not specified. But in my case, the library is >defined. >And the warning still exists the second time I run the code. Does any >one know how to get rid of the warning? (note: try is a sas dataset) . >Many thanks. > >libname temp 'C:\Documents and Settings\Desktop\test'; >libname t2path 'C:\Documents and settings\Desktop\test\sub_m'; > >proc datasets; > copy in=temp out=t2path; > select try; >quit; >Mindy Try removing IN=TEMP from the COPY statement and instead code LIBRARY=TEMP in the PROC statement. It actually seems to work either way, but using 9.1.3 I do see that spurious warning. libname temp 'c:\temp\a'; libname t2path 'c:\temp\aa'; data temp.try; run; proc datasets; copy in=temp out=t2path; select try; quit; proc datasets library=temp; copy out=t2path; select try; quit; ...

[fourier] getting rid of irritating font-encoding-changes warnings
When using the `fourier' package, one gets the warnings (harmless, they tell me) about font-encoding changes following at the end of my post. How can I get LaTeX not to mention them anymore? They take up valuable screen real-estate in the "Log & Messages"-window of my editor (Kile). TIA, Erik The warnings I spoke of: /usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/fourier/fourier.sty:50: Encoding `OT1' has changed to `T1' for symbol font(Font) `operators' in the math version `normal' on input line 50. Encoding `OT1' has changed to `T1' for symbol font(Font) `operators' in the math version `normal' /usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/fourier/fourier.sty:50: Encoding `OT1' has changed to `T1' for symbol font(Font) `operators' in the math version `bold' on input line 50. Encoding `OT1' has changed to `T1' for symbol font(Font) `operators' in the math version `bold' /usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/fourier/fourier.sty:59: Encoding `OML' has changed to `FML' for symbol font(Font) `letters' in the math version `normal' on input line 59. Encoding `OML' has changed to `FML' for symbol font(Font) `letters' in the math version `normal' /usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/fourier/fourier.sty:59: Encoding `OML' has changed to `FML' for symbol font(Font) `letters' in the math version `bold' on input line 59. Encoding `OML' has changed to `FML' for symbol font(Font) `letters...

sco Unix How to get a remote user's ip
I want write a C program, and I want get remote user's ip, How can i get it? ...

Re: How to get rid of warning message from proc dataset #4
Coding NOLIST also works. 52 proc datasets nolist; 53 copy in=temp out=t2path; 54 select try; 55 quit; NOTE: Copying TEMP.TRY to T2PATH.TRY (memtype=DATA). NOTE: There were 1 observations read from the data set TEMP.TRY. NOTE: The data set T2PATH.TRY has 1 observations and 0 variables. NOTE: PROCEDURE DATASETS used (Total process time): real time 0.01 seconds cpu time 0.00 seconds I think RROC DATASET is try applying the SELECT to the list of library members it prints by default. With no LIBRARY= option it defaults to WORK, but TRY does not exist. I had to see your example to understand the question. On 10/2/07, Howard Schreier <hs AT dc-sug DOT org> <nospam@howles.com> wrote: > On Mon, 1 Oct 2007 10:59:47 -0700, Mindy <master2005_sas@YAHOO.COM> wrote: > > >Hey, guys, > > > >I submitted the followin codes, and get warning message as "Warning: > >No matching members in directory". I cheked some papers, SAS gave such > >message when library is not specified. But in my case, the library is > >defined. > >And the warning still exists the second time I run the code. Does any > >one know how to get rid of the warning? (note: try is a sas dataset) . > >Many thanks. > > > >libname temp 'C:\Documents and Settings\Desktop\test'; > >libname t2path 'C:\Documents and settings\Desktop\test\sub_m'; > > > &g...

Re: How to get rid of warning message from proc dataset #2
Mindy, Your code works, on my system, as originally written. Thus, two more questions: (1) does try exist in libname temp? and (2) is try a SAS dataset of the same version as the version of SAS you a running? Art ------- On Mon, 1 Oct 2007 20:43:44 -0000, Mindy <master2005_sas@YAHOO.COM> wrote: >On Oct 1, 11:32 am, art...@NETSCAPE.NET (Arthur Tabachneck) wrote: >> Mindy, >> >> Do you still get the warning if you use double quotes {") rather than >> single quotes (') in the libname statements? >> >> Art >> ------ >> >> >> >> On Mon, 1 Oct 2007 10:59:47 -0700, Mindy <master2005_...@YAHOO.COM> wrote: >> >Hey, guys, >> >> >I submitted the followin codes, and get warning message as "Warning: >> >No matching members in directory". I cheked some papers, SAS gave such >> >message when library is not specified. But in my case, the library is >> >defined. >> >And the warning still exists the second time I run the code. Does any >> >one know how to get rid of the warning? (note: try is a sas dataset) . >> >Many thanks. >> >> >libname temp 'C:\Documents and Settings\Desktop\test'; >> >libname t2path 'C:\Documents and settings\Desktop\test\sub_m'; >> >> >proc datasets; >> > copy in=temp out=t2path; >> > select try; >> >quit; &g...

empty variables
I have perl code which should do some action only if: - the variable does not begin with "#" (commented out), - the variable is not empty use strict; use warnings; my @array = ("# Comment", "/usr/bin/binary --test", ""); foreach my $var (@array) { my @execargs = split(/#/, $var); if ( $execargs[0] ne '' ) { print "$var 0: |$execargs[0]|\n" } } Unfortunately, it shows uninitialized value warnings for the empty variable (""): $ perl test.pl /usr/bin/binary --test 0: |/usr/bin/binary --test| Use of uninitia...

How to get rid of "hex/oct constants > sys.maxint" warning?
I'm getting tired of seeing meaningless warnings from my code, but I can't figure out how to get rid of them: For example: fcntl.ioctl(fd,0xc0047a80,s) causes FutureWarning: hex/oct constants > sys.maxint will return positive values in Python 2.4 and up Firstly, I have no idea what that error means in this context. 0xc0047a80 isn't intended to be an integer (either positive or negative): it's just a chunk of 32 bits. Googling the newsgroup came up with the suggestion that putting an "L" on the end of the constant would eliminate the warning, but it causes an error: fcntl.ioctl(fd,0xc0047a80L,s) causes OverflowError: long int too large to convert to int So, that doesn't work. How _do_ I get rid of the warning? Is there a way to tell Python that the constant isn't an integer, it's just a bit pattern? -- Grant Edwards grante Yow! Mr and Mrs PED, can at I borrow 26.7 visi.com On 11 Aug 2004, Grant Edwards wrote: > How _do_ I get rid of the warning? Is there a way to tell > Python that the constant isn't an integer, it's just a bit > pattern? The best way is to tell Python to silence the warning: >>> 0xc0047a80 FutureWarning >>> import warnings >>> warnings.simplefilter('ignore',FutureWarning) >>> 0xc0047a80 -1073448320 fcntl() do...

Thumb calling ARM asm snippet, can't get rid of the warning(+)
Hi Group, Just in case someone have dealt with such an issue already and can give me an answer off the top of his head. I'm compiling a project in Thumb mode. I've got a file myfunc.c that I also compile in Thumb. This file contains an assembly snippet written in ARM instruction set. It's not an inline asm snippet within a C function but rather a whole function in asm. It looks like this: asm("\n\ .align 2\n\ .code 32\n\ .internal MULADD\n\ MULADD: \n\ STMFD sp!,{r4-r11,lr}\n\ [snip] LDMFD sp!,{r4-r11,lr}\n\ BX lr\n\ "); // end of asm() Th...

what's the 'right' way to get rid of size_t to int conversion warnings?
Surely there is something clever to do here, besides turning off the warning? Glen glen stark wrote: > Surely there is something clever to do here, besides turning off the > warning? Use size_t instead of int. Or perhaps: size_t size = 5; int i = static_cast<int>(size); Ben Pope -- I'm not just a number. To many, I'm known as a string... On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 17:22:06 +0100, glen stark <stark@ife.ee.ethz.ch> wrote: >Surely there is something clever to do here, besides turning off the >warning? Yes. Instead of writing this: vector<something> v...

How to get rid of this warning?: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break strict-aliasing rules
I ma cleaning up so,me program code using -Wall in gcc, but I do not understand this error message (things work OK), how to get rid of the error message, or what is wrong here? void *video_routine() { ...... } Using this: pthread_create( (pthread_t *)&play_thread, NULL , &video_routine, NULL); gives me the following warning with -Wall warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break strict-aliasing rules Hello, Jan Panteltje wrote: > warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break strict-aliasing > rules Try -fno-strict-aliasing as optio...

Web resources about - How do you get rid of dynamic linker warning - comp.unix.sco.misc

Dynamics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Brownian dynamics , the occurrence of Langevin dynamics in the motion of particles in solution (e.g. a grain in water, as was first seen by Brown); ...

Datacenter Dynamics
Datacenterdynamics for data center information, conferences, news, videos, whitepapers and reports globally

Dynamic Chiropractic - chiropractic, news, articles, research & information for chiropractors - Find ...
Dynamic Chiropractic - chiropractic, news, articles, research & information for chiropractors - Find a Chiropractor

Google puts robot-maker Boston Dynamics up for sale for lack of revenue potential
Reports indicate Alphabet's PR team was uncomfortable with the "terrifying" robots in Boston's YouTube video.

Why Google wants to sell its robot company Boston Dynamics
The tech giant's surprising decision to wind back its investment in a futuristic technology.

Why Google wants to sell its robot company Boston Dynamics
The tech giant's surprising decision to wind back its investment in a futuristic technology.

Google reportedly puts Boston Dynamics up for sale
... was in trouble, but we never expected something like this. A report from Bloomberg says that the company is looking to sell Boston Dynamics. ...

Google Puts Boston Dynamics Up for Sale in Robotics Retreat
The video, published to YouTube on Feb. 23, was awe-inspiring and scary. A two-legged humanoid robot trudges through the snow, somehow maintaining ...

Google is trying to sell the robot company it bought for $500 million, Boston Dynamics
Google parent company Alphabet is trying to sell Boston Dynamics, the robotics company that it bought for $500 million in late 2013, Bloomberg's ...

Report: Google trying to sell Boston Dynamics - Business Insider Deutschland
Google's parent company, Alphabet, is trying to sell Boston Dynamics, the robotics company it bought in late 2013, Bloomberg reports.