How to install LDAP server on SCO 5.0.6

I want to install LDAP ( http://www.gracion.com/server/whatldap.html ) on my
sco box, Is there a installation guide for SCO ?

Thanks

0
atk6 (176)

E Arredondo wrote:
> I want to install LDAP ( http://www.gracion.com/server/whatldap.html ) on my
> sco box, Is there a installation guide for SCO ?
>
> Thanks

Sure thing..

http://aplawrence.com/Unixart/ldap.html

--
Tony Lawrence
Unix/Linux/Mac OS X  resources: http://aplawrence.com
"Tony Lawrence" <foo@pcunix.com> wrote in message
>E Arredondo wrote:
>> I want to install LDAP ( http://www.gracion.com/server/whatldap.html ) on
>> my sco box, Is there a installation guide for SCO ?
>>
>> Thanks
>>

> Sure thing..
>

> http://aplawrence.com/Unixart/ldap.html
>

> --
> Tony Lawrence
> Unix/Linux/Mac OS X  resources: http://aplawrence.com

Thank you so much !

0
atk6 (176)

NFS SCo 5.0.5 with SCO 6.0.0
Hi everybody, I have a folder on SCO 5.0.5 server shared through NFS with a new SCO 6.0.0 with MP2 server (converted from a SCO 5.0.6 version). Before conversion file locks (over network) on this folder works well (eg from server SCO 5.0.6 I was able to see locks generated from SCO 5.0.5 box and viceversa), now with SCO 6.0.0 does not work ! I see that on SCO 6.0.0 the lockd daemon is active .. so it should work ... Please can you help me ? Thanks Cuffiette ...

SCO Open Server 5.0.6 versus 5.0.4
Hi, Anybody can point me to info or can state if there is a performance improvement from running 5.0.6 versus 5.0.4. Application is database access centered. Regards, Marian news wrote: > Hi, > Anybody can point me to info or can state if there is a performance > improvement from running 5.0.6 versus 5.0.4. Application is database access > centered. I don't think you are going to get a useful answer. Let's assume that I could authoritatively say that 5.0.6 has performance related improvements over .4 in certain areas. I can't recall if it does or doesn't, but the release notes would surely mention any. But so what? What does that say about YOUR application? Do we know where its performance issuees are now? Nope. We could assume it's probably disk bound, because that's a pretty safe assumption most any time, but even if true, what have you done for better or worse in that regard already? Maybe this is an Oracle database and you have it running on a RAID 5 system. As that's usually going to be a bad idea, you could gain nothing even if 5.0.6 did otherwise provide features that would otherwise improve your lot. Maybe you have the whole thing improperly tuned. Maybe you have it so perfectly tuned that an upgrade would make it worse because everything is so critically balanced to what you have now.. There are plenty of good reasons to upgrade to 5.0.6/7. If that's what you are lookimg for (a reason to sell the idea to ...

error while installing on-board NIC on Proliant 1600 server in SCO Open Server 5.0.5
dear all, While installing the EFS, when I configure the TCP/IP then i get the messages while relinking the kernel. i encountered the message when after installing the Advanced File and Print Server in SCO Open Server 5 i rebooted the server Compaq Proliant 1600 i get the message /dev/nbcots: invalid transport provider name /dev/netbeui: invalid transport provider name this problem prevents me from printing thru UNIX on windows pcs. i m not able to print on printers attached to windows pcs. one another message also occurs while relinking kernel: /etc/conf/bin/idmknod: driver ida not a ch...

Looking for precompiled 'rsync" for SCO 5.0.5, 5.0.6 and 5.0.7
I was recommended to use 'rsync' for multi-site transfers. But I have come to find that "rsync" does not exist already in OpenServer 5.0.5, 5.0.6 and 5.0.7. You can only get the "source" files which you "must" compile in order to create the "rsync." These seems to require that you compile these on every level of OpenServer you need. Where / how can I get the 'rsync' binaries already compiled for the levels I need? smlunatick typed (on Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 11:10:53AM -0700): | I was recommended to use 'rsync' for multi-site transfers. But I have | come to find that "rsync" does not exist already in OpenServer 5.0.5, | 5.0.6 and 5.0.7. You can only get the "source" files which you "must" | compile in order to create the "rsync." These seems to require that | you compile these on every level of OpenServer you need. | | Where / how can I get the 'rsync' binaries already compiled for the | levels I need? Get a binary for OSR 5.0.7, and with oss646c, it should run on 5.0.4, 5.0.5, and 5.0.6. Binary afavilable on Brian White's page at www.aljex.com/bkw. -- JP On Aug 18, 7:37=A0pm, Jean-Pierre Radley <j...@jpr.com> wrote: > smlunatick typed (on Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 11:10:53AM -0700): > | I was recommended to use 'rsync' for multi-site transfers. =A0But I hav= e > | come to find that "rsync" does not exist already in OpenSer...

Trying to compile putty-0.60 on SCO UNIX 5.0.7 with GCC and SCO Dev
I am trying to compile putty downloaded from http://linux.softpedia.com/progDownload/PuTTY-Download-347.html but get the error below. gcc -g -O2 -Wall -Werror -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DHAVE_X11 -DHAVE_X -DSYSV -Di386 -DS CO325 -D__SCO__ -DHAVE_XAW -DHAVE_SHAPE_EXT -DHAVE_SHAPE -DHAVE_SHM_EXT -DHAVE_X SHM -DHAVE_XCONVERTCASE -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr /include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/gl ib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/X11R6/include -I.././ -I../charset/ -I../windows/ -I../unix/ -I../mac/ -I../macosx/ -c ../ proxy.c cc1: warnings being treated as errors .../proxy.c: In function `proxy_for_destination': .../proxy.c:315: warning: implicit declaration of function `strncasecmp' gmake: *** [proxy.o] Error 1 # My programming skill level tops out at ./configure and make. Searching for instances of strncasecmp in the putty working directory shows: /tmp/putty-0.60/unix # cd .. # find . -type f -print | xargs grep strncasecmp | less ../mac/stricmp.c:#define strncasecmp strnicmp ../mac/stricmp.c:strncasecmp(s1, s2, n) ../unix/unix.h:#define strnicmp strncasecmp (END) In unix/unix.h: #define DEFAULT_CODEPAGE 0xFFFF #define CP_UTF8 CS_UTF8 /* from libcharset */ #define strnicmp strncasecmp #define stricmp strcasecmp /* BSD-semantics version of signal(), and another helpful function */ void (*putty_signal(int sig, void (*func)(int)))(int); void block_si...

SCO 5.0.5 vs. 6.0
I'm having a new server built: SuperMicro P4SC8 Mother Board Intel P4 3.0Ghz 800 FSB 1GB CPU 73GB 10K 80 PIN SCSI Drive Sony 20/40GB DAT Drive SDT11000/BN DDS4 Adaptec 2010S Card for Mirroring Comtrol Rockport Card 99126-7 Is there any reason I should update my current version of SCO 5.0.5? Frank The following article is a recommendation from SCO when using P4 http://www.sco.com/ta/115963 "FrankS" <fshank@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:CqT_f.65026$H71.37215@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com... > I'm having a new server built: > > SuperMicro P4SC8 Mother Board > Intel P4 3.0Ghz 800 FSB 1GB CPU > 73GB 10K 80 PIN SCSI Drive > Sony 20/40GB DAT Drive SDT11000/BN DDS4 > > Adaptec 2010S Card for Mirroring > > Comtrol Rockport Card 99126-7 > > > > Is there any reason I should update my current version of SCO 5.0.5? > > > > Frank > > > > > > FrankS wrote: > I'm having a new server built: > > SuperMicro P4SC8 Mother Board > Intel P4 3.0Ghz 800 FSB 1GB CPU > 73GB 10K 80 PIN SCSI Drive > Sony 20/40GB DAT Drive SDT11000/BN DDS4 > > Adaptec 2010S Card for Mirroring > > Comtrol Rockport Card 99126-7 > > > > Is there any reason I should update my current version of SCO 5.0.5? Frank, OpenServer 5.0.5 is a retired product and is no longer generally supported by SCO. OpenServer 5.0.5 is not designed to work on P4 systems and y...

SCO OpenServe 6.0.0 Filesystem MUCH Faster Than 5.0.6
The speed of the SCO OpenServer 6.0.0 filesystem is quite noticeably faster than I enjoyed on OpenServer 5.0.6. How do I know? I donno, but it feels and seems so. I didn't expect this, so I didn't make these tests while still on 5.0.6, but I KNOW I have a lot more files and directories on 6.0.0 than I did on 5.0.6. The Verify of my Last Master Backup shows what is on my systen: 255191 files were encountered 167 files were excluded 9 files were not checked because the hard disk file had been modified by a program since it was backed up 2 files were not checked for various reasons 28870 special files (links, directories, devices, etc.) 226143 files verified successfully Master Backups using LONE-TAR(tm) to DVD+RW media ran at about 70-75 MB/min on OSR 5.0.6 but run at 175+ MB/min on 6.0.0, and if I turn off compression run at 260+ MB/min. To see how long it takes to search for a non-existant file: [trebor] ~: time find . -name XPMNYTRE real 0m58.59s user 0m1.72s sys 0m10.96s And to see how many directories had to be read: [trebor] ~: find . -type d | wc -l 23745 Bob -- Bob Stockler +-+ bob@trebor.iglou.com +-+ http://members.iglou.com/trebor Author: MENU EDIT II - The BEST Creator/Editor/Manager for filePro User Menus. Fully functional (time-limited) demos available by email request (specify OS). On Fri, Nov 25, 2005 at 11:01:36AM -0500, Bob Stockler wrote: > The speed of the SCO ...

SCO 5.0.5/5.0.6 bios clock, time zone and synching
Hi All, Does SCO expect the BIOS clock to be set to UTC? Ive got a few SCO boxen spread across a couple of time zones and at the moment, the bios clocks in the servers are set to localtime not UTC. The timezone settings in SCO Admin are also wrong. I was under the impression *nix always expects the BIOS clock to be set to UTC and then the timezone settings in SCO tell the OS what the local time is. This does not seem to be the case for me. On a testing box, Ive set the BIOS clock to UTC, set the correct timezone in scoadmin but the date command in a root shell still gives the wrong time. E...

SCO Unix 5.0.6, errors
Hi, I am getting the error(s); HTFS: Inode 11915 on HTFS dev hd (1/43) has bad type 000000000000 HTFS: I/O failure occured accessing logical block 477364230 on HTFS dev hd (1/43) and then the system shuts down. Is there any way to fix these? We have done the command 'unix auto' at the Boot: prompt and it goes through its file system checks and appears to correct some problems. We have had some corruption on the database but were able to fix the problems. Our next plan of action is to clone the drive, but if anyone has any other suggestions for a way to fix this issue I would appreciate it. Lori Calkins It would help if you'd provided disk information, such as how many partitions. I'm guessing from what you provided that the problem is on the root partition. By default 5.0.6 doesn't check the root file system on an auto boot. What you're seeing is the file system checks on the rest of the partitions. When you get the Boot: prompt just press enter. Eventually you'll be prompted for the root password to enter maintenance mode. Do that. Then type fsck / Ray Robert Three Star Software Lori wrote: > Hi, > I am getting the error(s); > > HTFS: Inode 11915 on HTFS dev hd (1/43) has bad type 000000000000 > HTFS: I/O failure occured accessing logical block 477364230 on HTFS dev > hd (1/43) > > and then the system shuts down. > > Is there any way to fix these? We have done the command 'unix auto' at >...

problem installing SCO 5.0.6
Hello, I'm installing SCO for the first time. Everything seems to be working ok except that I can't get the OS to recognize the nic card. I checked in the SCO web site and the card I am using is supported. When I try and go to netconfig and install the card mannually it tells me "no protocol stacks available on the system are supported on this device". Can someone help me with this. I'm learning and would like to learn the correct way. Thanks Jorge On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 12:35:53 -0500, "Jorge Bichara" <kfish98@bellsouth.net> wrote: >Hello, > I'm installing SCO for the first time. Everything seems to be working ok >except that I can't get the OS to recognize the nic card. I checked in the >SCO web site and the card I am using is supported. When I try and go to >netconfig and install the card mannually it tells me "no protocol stacks >available on the system are supported on this device". Can someone help me >with this. I'm learning and would like to learn the correct way. > >Thanks >Jorge > My guess(tm) is that you are running the Host version of 5.0.6 (non-networkable). To check this # grep IQM_PROD_DESC /usr/adm/ISL/iqm_file should give you a line like IQM_PROD_DESC="SCO OpenServer Enterprise System" If yours says "SCO OpenServer Host System", then you'll not have networking capabilities. Enterprise version does. Scott McMillan On Fri, 19 De...

Dell Server for SCO 5.0.6
I'm looking to replace my Dell server for OSR 5.0.6. I find that none of the current Dell tower server models are officially approved for OSR 5.0.6, but the PowerEdge 840 is certified for OSR 5.0.7. Anyone running 5.0.6 on the PowerEdge 840? Thanks, --Ray On Fri, Apr 24, 2009, RWP wrote: >I'm looking to replace my Dell server for OSR 5.0.6. I find that none >of the current Dell tower server models are officially approved for >OSR 5.0.6, but the PowerEdge 840 is certified for OSR 5.0.7. Anyone >running 5.0.6 on the PowerEdge 840? We are running SCO 5.0.6a in VMware virtual machines which pretty much eliminates hardware compatibility issues. Generally we install this on the Latest & Greatest verions of CentOS Linux. The resulting system is significantly faster in the VM than it was when running on the previous hardware, which makes sense as current hardware is significantly faster than whatever was available when 5.0.6 was originally installed. Our primary OSR development system, which also runs my ancient accounting software, is running on a Supermicro box with 4GB RAM, and dual Opterons. The SCO VM has 1.5GB RAM allocated, which is more than it was running native. Bill -- INTERNET: bill@celestial.com Bill Campbell; Celestial Software LLC URL: http://www.celestial.com/ PO Box 820; 6641 E. Mercer Way Voice: (206) 236-1676 Mercer Island, WA 98040-0820 Fax: (206) 232-9186 Skype: jwccsllc (206) 855-5792 Independent self-re...

FAXing from SCO Unix 5.0.6
I'm supporting a SCO Unix 5.0.6 machine. I don't want to spend $1700 on a "fax server solution". Instead, I'm looking for a fax modem for which there are drivers for SCO or generic enough for Unix in general. I also need "fax software" to enable the whole endeavor. All I'm attempting is what is done quite readily in Windows: print to a psuedo-driver which, in turn, invokes the fax s/w that solicits the phone number to fax to and any other required info. I don't need all kinds of fancy options like choices for cover pages, etc. The application used by my client is strictly text-based - no GUI. Any advice for public-domain - or inexpensive - software to accomplish this is much appreciated. Regards, David On Fri, Apr 18, 2008, David wrote: >I'm supporting a SCO Unix 5.0.6 machine. I don't want to spend $1700 on >a "fax server solution". Instead, I'm looking for a fax modem for which >there are drivers for SCO or generic enough for Unix in general. I also >need "fax software" to enable the whole endeavor. > >All I'm attempting is what is done quite readily in Windows: print to a >psuedo-driver which, in turn, invokes the fax s/w that solicits the >phone number to fax to and any other required info. I don't need all >kinds of fancy options like choices for cover pages, etc. The >application used by my client is strictly text-based - no GUI. &g...

Sco OpenServer upgrading 5.0.6 to 5.0.7
I need some help. I need to upgrade my Sco O.S.506 to 507 and told me that I need to reinstall all the operative system and not the upgrading of it. Is it true ? Thanks in advance and excuse me if before someone alredy answered this query but I do not find anything about this matter bye Roberto Pineapple typed (on Wed, Apr 07, 2004 at 01:39:46PM +0200): | I need some help. | I need to upgrade my Sco O.S.506 to 507 and told me that I need to reinstall | all the operative system and not the upgrading of it. | Is it true ? No. | Thanks in advance and excuse me if before someone alredy answered this query | but I do not find anything about this matter While In-Place Upgrades do now work considerably better than they did a few years ago, I *still* counsel against them. Use my savefiles script, make good backups, and then a fresh install. -- JP "Pineapple" <roberquaNO@SPAMvirgilio.it> wrote in message news:<c50pa5$vri$1@newsreader.mailgate.org>... > I need some help. > I need to upgrade my Sco O.S.506 to 507 and told me that I need to reinstall > all the operative system and not the upgrading of it. > Is it true ? > Thanks in advance and excuse me if before someone alredy answered this query > but I do not find anything about this matter > > bye > Roberto I had same problem, and I was unable to upgrade . Only fresh reinstall was Ok. Pineapple <roberquaNO@spamvirgilio.it> wrote: >I need some help. >I need to...

SCO Openserver 5.0.6 installation help
Hi, Any body help me for installating the SCO OSR 5.0.6 server in IBM X3400 with Serveraid 8k card. While in the boot time i gave the Boot: link atfter that i gave "aacraid" and insert the floppy at USB floppy driver it start installing then it ask for BTLD floppy, after this step i does not know how to install this. How can i get that BTLD file. Brds Rajesh Far as I know, you can't do USB anything with 506. Need 507 or higher to access USB floppy. Carl On Apr 12, 5:38 pm, C...@eatontown.net wrote: > Far as I know, you can't do USB anything with 506. Need > 507 or higher to access USB floppy. > > Carl Dear Carl, Thanks for your reply, IBM x3400 server doesn't have the floppy drive comptability, is there any other way. Pls tell me. Brds Rajesh On 12 Apr, 15:30, enrajesh.ku...@gmail.com wrote: > On Apr 12, 5:38 pm, C...@eatontown.net wrote: > > > Far as I know, you can't do USB anything with 506. Need > > 507 or higher to access USB floppy. > > > Carl > > Dear Carl, > > Thanks for your reply, > > IBM x3400 server doesn't have the floppy drive comptability, is there > any other way. Pls tell me. Upgrade to OpenServer 6 if you want to install on this system or install on a system that does not have USB if you want to continue to use OpenServer 5.0.6 (which is old and no longer supported). John > On 12 Apr, 15:30, enrajesh.ku...@gmail.com wrote: > > On Apr 1...

SCO unix 5.0.6 web services setup
I need to install the "web services" deal on my unix box so that when a customer sends me requests with SOAP or XML my system accepts the call on the specific port. Is there a process to do that ? I'm currently running netscape fastract as a web server, I heard I need apache + axis , Are there other options to setup the web services ? thanks Where can I get this new Web Service from SCO ? Is it under their ftp site or I have to pay for it ? http://www.crn.com/sections/breakingnews/dailyarchives.jhtml;jsessionid=ERBHJ1BYLZ3IUQSNDBGCKH0CJUMEKJVN?articleId=18824984&_requestid=1614593 In spite of the legal circus engulfing The SCO Group--and lingering concerns about the Unix company's future--top executives took the opportunity at the company's annual partner conference in Las Vegas to outline SCO's new Internet and Web services offerings and assert its intent to stay in business. At SCO Forum 2003, SCO announced the delivery of key component of its SCOx Web services initiative--SCOx WebFace Solution Suite 4.0--as well as the SCOsms Web Services API and SCObiz Web Services APIs. The company's SCOx direction and Web services API plans were unveiled last April. The enhanced suite and new APIs, designed to enable partners and customers to migrate legacy Unix applications to a services-oriented architecture, consists of the WebFace Browser Application Platform and WebFace Studio development platform. SCO's Web servic...

Help with installing DAT drive on SCO Openserver 5.0.6
Hi there, I was wondering wjether someone could please assist me in installing a DAT drive. My setup is as follows:- Hardware : DELL Optiplex GX110 OS : SCO Openserver 5.0.6 Backup Device : HP SureStore DAT40 (External) SCSI card : Adaptec 2940UW I have bought the DAT drive and SCSI card, after I checked that they are compatible with my version of SCO OpenServer, so both should work. But, when I use the "mkdev tape" command, I run into an area that I know very little about. Could someone please guide me into what's the correct procedure for an installation. Many thanks Aaron8123 vinceranny@gmail.com wrote: > Hi there, > > I was wondering wjether someone could please assist me in installing a > DAT drive. > > My setup is as follows:- > > Hardware : DELL Optiplex GX110 > OS : SCO Openserver 5.0.6 > Backup Device : HP SureStore DAT40 (External) > SCSI card : Adaptec 2940UW > > I have bought the DAT drive and SCSI card, after I checked that they > are compatible with my version of SCO OpenServer, so both should work. > > But, when I use the "mkdev tape" command, I run into an area that I > know very little about. > > Could someone please guide me into what's the correct procedure for an > installation. Correct procedure? "mkdev tape", answer the questions. Now what question are you having trouble with? See http://aplawrence.com/Unixart/tapes.html http://aplawrence.com/...

Sendmail 8.12.x or above on SCO Open Server 5.0.6

SCO 5 / SCO 6 Drivers
What is the difference between drivers for ancient SCO OpenServer 5 and SCO 6? Is it at all possible to get an SCO 5 driver to run on SCO 6? (Source not available). I suspect I shouldn't touch this with a barge pole. On Thursday, January 2, 2014 7:00:20 PM UTC+1, roberth...@yahoo.com wrote: > What is the difference between drivers for ancient SCO OpenServer 5 and SCO 6? > > Is it at all possible to get an SCO 5 driver to run on SCO 6? (Source not available). > > I suspect I shouldn't touch this with a barge pole. I think that SCO OpenServer 5 was based on...

Re: CANNOT INSTALL SCO 5.0.6 ON IBM X206
--NextPart_Webmail_9m3u9jl4l_25755_1157039424_0 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit I got mine to work fine! I used: linl= Sdsk=ips(0,0,0,0) Srom=(0,0,0,0) did you try that? Brandt -------------- Original message -------------- From: "Bruno" <bruno@nospam.com> > Hi > > Adapter is ServRaid 7e and SCIS devices are : > SCSI ID #7 : Adaptec AIC-7901 > SCSI ID #9 : IBM 25P3471a S320 2 > SCSI ID #12 : IBM-ESX ST336754LC FN > > At the boot : Drive 0080 : detected > > And at the prompt, I type > restart link="ipsraid" Sdsk=ips(0,0,12,0) Srom=wd(0,0,0,0) > > After give the BTLD floppy : > ipsraid: Driver "ips" succesfully loaded > Character major = 6 > > But installer don't find any SCSI controler : > WARNING: hd: no root disk controller was found > > So I tried ipsraid drivers and others setting but nothing works! > > Could you help me ? > > Thanks > -- > > --NextPart_Webmail_9m3u9jl4l_25755_1157039424_0 Content-Type: text/html Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit <html><body> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>I got mine to work fine! </DIV> <DIV>I used:</DIV> <DIV>linl=&nbsp;Sdsk=ips(0,0,0,0) Srom=(0,0,0,0)</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>did you try that?</DIV> <DIV>Brandt</DIV> <BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: ...

Printing on a DP-301P Print server SCO Unix OSR 5.0.7
How do a setup a printer that is on my local network with IP 192.168.2.17 ? The Unix server is on 192.168.2.7 on the same network. I tried "scoadmin" looking for something like "add tcp/ip printer" but no luck at all. So I'm thinking that I have to create a new port (i.e. /dev/lp192.168.2.17) so then I can assign a printer to it right ? Any help would be greatly appreciate it. Thanks Enrique "Enrique Arredondo" <atk@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:X77Qi.59349$YL5.31497@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net... > How do a setup a printer that is on my local network with IP 192.168.2.17 > ? The Unix server is on 192.168.2.7 on the same network. > > I tried "scoadmin" looking for something like "add tcp/ip printer" but no > luck at all. So I'm thinking that I have to create a new port (i.e. > /dev/lp192.168.2.17) so then I can assign a printer to it right ? > > Any help would be greatly appreciate it. > > Thanks > > Enrique > I can ping 192.168.2.17 ...here: /# ping 192.168.2.17 PING 192.168.2.17 (192.168.2.17): 56 data bytes 64 bytes from mylan17 (192.168.2.17): icmp_seq=0 ttl=255 time=2.522 ms 64 bytes from mylan17 (192.168.2.17): icmp_seq=1 ttl=255 time=1.086 ms 64 bytes from mylan17 (192.168.2.17): icmp_seq=2 ttl=255 time=1.283 ms 64 bytes from mylan17 (192.168.2.17): icmp_seq=3 ttl=255 time=1.330 ms 64 bytes from mylan17 (192.168.2.17): icmp_seq=4 ttl=255 time=1...

given 5-year old Dell Poweredge 2300 server, SCO Unix, 2x9GB hDD
I was just given a Dell Poweredge 2300 server with 2 x 9.1 GB hard drives, 64MB RAM. It has SCO (version 7, circa 1999) Unix loaded. I know next to nothing about Unix/Linux. I was going to use this as a box to learn Linux. Then eventually use it a production web server LAMP ( Linux, Apache PHP and MySQL). Advice on what to do with it? Stick with SCO or dump it for Linux? Do I need more RAM to run a light-weight production web server that will be database intensive? NotGiven wrote: > I was just given a Dell Poweredge 2300 server with 2 x 9.1 GB hard drives, > 64MB RAM. > It has SCO (version 7, circa 1999) Unix loaded. > > I know next to nothing about Unix/Linux. I was going to use this as a box > to learn Linux. Then eventually use it a production web server LAMP ( > Linux, Apache PHP and MySQL). > > Advice on what to do with it? Stick with SCO or dump it for Linux? I would dump SCO for a recent Linux distro. > > Do I need more RAM to run a light-weight production web server that will be > database intensive? I would spend $100 to add 512 MB of RAM. More is better. On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 08:07:50 -0500, NotGiven wrote: > > Advice on what to do with it? Stick with SCO or dump it for Linux? Linux, of course. I'd go with debian for a server. > > Do I need more RAM to run a light-weight production web server that will be > database intensive? Databases want RAM. at 64MB, your database will be unusably slo...

given 5-year old Dell Poweredge 2300 server, SCO Unix, 2x9GB hDD
I was just given a Dell Poweredge 2300 server with 2 x 9.1 GB hard drives. It has SCO (version 7, circa 1999) Unix loaded. I know next to nothing about Unix/Linux. I was going to use this as a box to learn Linux. Then eventually use it a production web server LAMP ( Linux, Apache PHP and MySQL). I don't know how much RAM it has - physically, it has one stick of RAM. Advice on what to do with it? Stick with SCO or dump it for Linux? On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 11:22:06 -0500 "NotGiven" <noname@nonegiven.net> wrote: > I was just given a Dell Poweredge ...

Problem Installing SCO OpenServer 5.0.5
Hi, Am trying to install SCO OpenServer 5.0.5 on a PIII with a 20GB Maxtor HD. I manage to install fine (no errors showing) and get UNIX to see the entire drive but upon reboot (removing the floppy and CD-ROM as instructed), instead of teh boot: prompt, it says NO OS. What am I doing wrong? Thanks, Don Don wrote: > > Hi, > > Am trying to install SCO OpenServer 5.0.5 on a PIII with a 20GB Maxtor > HD. I manage to install fine (no errors showing) and get UNIX to see > the entire drive but upon reboot (removing the floppy and CD-ROM as > instructed), instead of teh boot: prompt, it says NO OS. > > What am I doing wrong? > > Thanks, > Don Put this into www.groups.google and view the post by Bella: stamp dparam group:comp.unix.sco.misc -- Steve Fabac S.M. Fabac & Associates 816/765-1670 ...

Questions after successful SCO 6.0.0 install
I have several questions on a new install of SCO 6.0.0. I have not done these or it have been several years I have not done them. 1) How do I change keyboard / mouse from PS/2 to USB version? 2) How to add second "physical" hard drive that is already partitioned but has not "slice" / file systems? History of this server in question: This is a new IBM x3400 Quad-core system. Due to software firmware "conflicting" setting recommendations, disabling the ASF on built-in BroadComm network adapter (SCO 5.0.7 install before upgrade to 6.0.0,) the motherboard controller BCM shutdown the board. After 4 replacements, under warranty, was told to not to touch ASF settings (ok, will use 6.0.0) and found out today BCM reset method. System is work correctly however will not complete the install if using USB keyboard / mouse and USB floppy drive for additional HBA install. Used PS/2 keybaord to complete the install and once IBM field service reps fixed USB issues, switched to USB keyboard / mouse. Now the console is displaying "Integral console keyboard not found" warning. Since this will go to a client's site, I would like to remove this message. On 15 Apr, 16:46, smlunatick <yves...@gmail.com> wrote: > I have several questions on a new install of SCO 6.0.0. I have not > done these or it have been several years I have not done them. > > 1) How do I change keyboard / mouse from PS/2 to USB version? To change the mou...

Web resources about - How to install LDAP server on SCO 5.0.6 - comp.unix.sco.misc

Can Facebook Advertisers Test Mobile App Install Ads On Their Devices?
Some Facebook advertisers are now able to preview their mobile application install ads directly on their mobile devices, complete with active ...

New Features to Mobile App Install Ads
Today we are happy to announce some updates to mobile app install ads to improve the experience people and developers have when viewing and creating ...

Facebook tries new designs for mobile page-Like and app install ads
Facebook began testing new designs for its mobile app install ads and page post ads this weekend. Following an update for Facebook for iOS, ...

Perth shopping centre installs WA's biggest solar power system
A thousand solar panels saves $20,000 a month.

How to: Install Android N developer preview factory images on Nexus 6P, Nexus 5X, Nexus 6, Nexus 9, and ...
Google introduced to the world the next version of Android, dubbed Android N, oddly early this year compared to the usual announcement at its ...

Should you install N preview on your main device? Here are some of the known issues with it.
... standing for “nut telling,” according to Hiroshi Lockheimer) is here and we’re all super excited to see it in action. But is it safe to install ...

Comcast failed to install Internet for 10 months then demanded $60,000 in fees
Despite all appearances, Comcast Business wasn't available at SmartCar's address. (credit: Comcast ) Nearly a year ago, a Silicon Valley startup ...

Las Vegas installs cool solar-kinetic street lights
Filed under: Etc. , Green , Videos , Emissions , Green Culture , Technology , Solar EnGoPlanet is providing Sin City with LED street lights powered ...