IBM X3400 sco openserver 6.0

Hi everyone. I've a big problem with the server in object.
I'm trying to install sco openserver 6.0 in this machine but i
failed.
I have an usb floppy diskette, and i have the btld that i take in the
serverraid support cd. But the sco doesn't see the floppy and during
the installation there is a message "incorrect disk partitioning
information has been detected on hard disk:0"

Thx ALL

On 23 Jan, 21:28, catello.demart...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi everyone. I've a big problem with the server in object.
> I'm trying to install sco openserver 6.0 in this machine but i
> failed.
> I have an usb floppy diskette, and i have the btld that i take in the
> serverraid support cd. But the sco doesn't see the floppy and during
> the installation there is a message "incorrect disk partitioning
> information has been detected on hard disk:0"
>
> Thx ALL

As per the installation notes for this machine in the SCO CHWP at:

http://wdb1.sco.com/chwp/owa/hch_model_cert_page?f_model_id=98788&f_release_id=601&f_vendor_search_corp_id=

you need to attach the USB floppy device to machine before booting the
system.

John
0
jboland1 (202)
1/24/2008 11:05:31 AM
On 24 Gen, 12:05, jbol...@sco.com wrote:
> On 23 Jan, 21:28, catello.demart...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > Hi everyone. I've a big problem with the server in object.
> > I'm trying to install sco openserver 6.0 in this machine but i
> > failed.
> > I have an usb floppy diskette, and i have the btld that i take in the
> > serverraid support cd. But the sco doesn't see the floppy and during
> > the installation there is a message "incorrect disk partitioning
> > information has been detected on hard disk:0"
>
> > Thx ALL
>
> As per the installation notes for this machine in the SCO CHWP at:
>
> http://wdb1.sco.com/chwp/owa/hch_model_cert_page?f_model_id=98788&f_r...
>
> you need to attach the USB floppy device to machine before booting the
> system.
>
> John

Thx for answer. but my problem persists.
I've attached the usb floppy before i ask in the forum but sco does't
see it. Is there a command line that i must wrote?

Thx for all

Cat
On 27 Jan, 16:29, catello.demart...@gmail.com wrote:
> On 24 Gen, 12:05, jbol...@sco.com wrote:
>

> > On 23 Jan, 21:28, catello.demart...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > > Hi everyone. I've a big problem with the server in object.
> > > I'm trying to install sco openserver 6.0 in this machine but i
> > > failed.
> > > I have an usb floppy diskette, and i have the btld that i take in the
> > > serverraid support cd. But the sco doesn't see the floppy and during
> > > the installation there is a message "incorrect disk partitioning
> > > information has been detected on hard disk:0"
>
> > > Thx ALL
>
> > As per the installation notes for this machine in the SCO CHWP at:
>
> >http://wdb1.sco.com/chwp/owa/hch_model_cert_page?f_model_id=98788&f_r...
>
> > you need to attach the USB floppy device to machine before booting the
> > system.
>
> > John
>
> Thx for answer. but my problem persists.
> I've attached the usb floppy before i ask in the forum but sco does't
> see it. Is there a command line that i must wrote?

Cat,

You should firstly try:

http://wdb1.sco.com/kb/showta?taid=126728

and if this does not work, try a different USB floppy drive.

John

0
jboland1 (202)
1/28/2008 9:34:51 AM
On 28 Gen, 10:34, jbol...@sco.com wrote:
> On 27 Jan, 16:29, catello.demart...@gmail.com wrote:

> > > As per the installation notes for this machine in theSCOCHWP at:
>
> > >http://wdb1.sco.com/chwp/owa/hch_model_cert_page?f_model_id=98788&f_r...
>
> > > you need to attach the USB floppy device to machine before booting the
> > > system.
>
> > > John
>
> > Thx for answer. but my problem persists.
> > I've attached the usb floppy before i ask in the forum butscodoes't
> > see it. Is there a command line that i must wrote?
>
> Cat,
>
> You should firstly try:
>
> http://wdb1.sco.com/kb/showta?taid=126728
>
> and if this does not work, try a different USB floppy drive.
>
> John- Nascondi testo tra virgolette -
>
> - Mostra testo tra virgolette -

Thx a lot John, you're the one.
I'll go in NY february 15th. If you're near I offer you a beer.

CAt

SCO OpenServe 6.0.0 Filesystem MUCH Faster Than 5.0.6
The speed of the SCO OpenServer 6.0.0 filesystem is quite noticeably faster than I enjoyed on OpenServer 5.0.6. How do I know? I donno, but it feels and seems so. I didn't expect this, so I didn't make these tests while still on 5.0.6, but I KNOW I have a lot more files and directories on 6.0.0 than I did on 5.0.6. The Verify of my Last Master Backup shows what is on my systen: 255191 files were encountered 167 files were excluded 9 files were not checked because the hard disk file had been modified by a program since it was backed up 2 files were not checked for various reasons 28870 special files (links, directories, devices, etc.) 226143 files verified successfully Master Backups using LONE-TAR(tm) to DVD+RW media ran at about 70-75 MB/min on OSR 5.0.6 but run at 175+ MB/min on 6.0.0, and if I turn off compression run at 260+ MB/min. To see how long it takes to search for a non-existant file: [trebor] ~: time find . -name XPMNYTRE real 0m58.59s user 0m1.72s sys 0m10.96s And to see how many directories had to be read: [trebor] ~: find . -type d | wc -l 23745 Bob -- Bob Stockler +-+ bob@trebor.iglou.com +-+ http://members.iglou.com/trebor Author: MENU EDIT II - The BEST Creator/Editor/Manager for filePro User Menus. Fully functional (time-limited) demos available by email request (specify OS). On Fri, Nov 25, 2005 at 11:01:36AM -0500, Bob Stockler wrote: > The speed of the SCO ...

NFS SCo 5.0.5 with SCO 6.0.0
Hi everybody, I have a folder on SCO 5.0.5 server shared through NFS with a new SCO 6.0.0 with MP2 server (converted from a SCO 5.0.6 version). Before conversion file locks (over network) on this folder works well (eg from server SCO 5.0.6 I was able to see locks generated from SCO 5.0.5 box and viceversa), now with SCO 6.0.0 does not work ! I see that on SCO 6.0.0 the lockd daemon is active .. so it should work ... Please can you help me ? Thanks Cuffiette ...

Reinstalling root filesystem only in SCO OpenServer 6.0.0
Hi all, Let's assume the next situation: SCO OSR 6.0.0 + patches installed in a hard drive with root, stand, u, u2, u3, ... filesystems on it. Filesystem root gets corrupted and it is to necessary reinstall it. Please, can anybody tell me how can I reinstall the root filesystem leaving untouched the other filesystems? This is a clear option when installing OSR 5.0.x, but I've not been able to locate this option in OSR 6.0.0 Many thanks in advance. Best regards, -- Alberto Rodriguez Rodriguez alberto__@__unilogic.es Alberto Rodriguez typed (on Sat, Mar 06, 2010 at 01:17:49PM -0800): | Hi all, | | Let's assume the next situation: | | SCO OSR 6.0.0 + patches installed in a hard drive with root, stand, u, | u2, u3, ... filesystems on it. | | Filesystem root gets corrupted and it is to necessary reinstall it. | | Please, can anybody tell me how can I reinstall the root filesystem | leaving untouched the other filesystems? | | This is a clear option when installing OSR 5.0.x, but I've not been | able to locate this option in OSR 6.0.0 | | Many thanks in advance. Best regards, I always insisted on separate filesystems under OSR 5, but since reinstalling only the root filesystem seems impossible on OSR 6, I stopped making separate filesystems altogether. -- JP On 6 mar, 23:07, Jean-Pierre Radley <j...@jpr.com> wrote: > Alberto Rodriguez typed (on Sat, Mar 06, 2010 at 01:17:49PM -0800): > | Hi all, > | > | Let's assume the next si...

Sco OpenServer upgrading 5.0.6 to 5.0.7
I need some help. I need to upgrade my Sco O.S.506 to 507 and told me that I need to reinstall all the operative system and not the upgrading of it. Is it true ? Thanks in advance and excuse me if before someone alredy answered this query but I do not find anything about this matter bye Roberto Pineapple typed (on Wed, Apr 07, 2004 at 01:39:46PM +0200): | I need some help. | I need to upgrade my Sco O.S.506 to 507 and told me that I need to reinstall | all the operative system and not the upgrading of it. | Is it true ? No. | Thanks in advance and excuse me if before someone alredy answe...

Trying to compile putty-0.60 on SCO UNIX 5.0.7 with GCC and SCO Dev
I am trying to compile putty downloaded from http://linux.softpedia.com/progDownload/PuTTY-Download-347.html but get the error below. gcc -g -O2 -Wall -Werror -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DHAVE_X11 -DHAVE_X -DSYSV -Di386 -DS CO325 -D__SCO__ -DHAVE_XAW -DHAVE_SHAPE_EXT -DHAVE_SHAPE -DHAVE_SHM_EXT -DHAVE_X SHM -DHAVE_XCONVERTCASE -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr /include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/gl ib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/X11R6/include -I.././ -I../charset/ -I../windows/ -I../unix/ -I../mac/ -I../macosx/ -c ../ proxy.c cc1: warnings being treated as errors .../proxy.c: In function `proxy_for_destination': .../proxy.c:315: warning: implicit declaration of function `strncasecmp' gmake: *** [proxy.o] Error 1 # My programming skill level tops out at ./configure and make. Searching for instances of strncasecmp in the putty working directory shows: /tmp/putty-0.60/unix # cd .. # find . -type f -print | xargs grep strncasecmp | less ../mac/stricmp.c:#define strncasecmp strnicmp ../mac/stricmp.c:strncasecmp(s1, s2, n) ../unix/unix.h:#define strnicmp strncasecmp (END) In unix/unix.h: #define DEFAULT_CODEPAGE 0xFFFF #define CP_UTF8 CS_UTF8 /* from libcharset */ #define strnicmp strncasecmp #define stricmp strcasecmp /* BSD-semantics version of signal(), and another helpful function */ void (*putty_signal(int sig, void (*func)(int)))(int); void block_si...

Got Subversion 1.4.6 working on SCO Openserver 5.0.6, woo-hoo!
So it's working. I'd like to get it into one of the repositories, such as http://www.aljex.com/bkw/sco/index.html or into what's left of Skunkware. Does anyone have working tools for building VOL packagas? Or can I send my notes along to one of you repository managers to compile and provide the package? ...

FAXing from SCO Unix 5.0.6
I'm supporting a SCO Unix 5.0.6 machine. I don't want to spend $1700 on a "fax server solution". Instead, I'm looking for a fax modem for which there are drivers for SCO or generic enough for Unix in general. I also need "fax software" to enable the whole endeavor. All I'm attempting is what is done quite readily in Windows: print to a psuedo-driver which, in turn, invokes the fax s/w that solicits the phone number to fax to and any other required info. I don't need all kinds of fancy options like choices for cover pages, etc. The application used by my client is strictly text-based - no GUI. Any advice for public-domain - or inexpensive - software to accomplish this is much appreciated. Regards, David On Fri, Apr 18, 2008, David wrote: >I'm supporting a SCO Unix 5.0.6 machine. I don't want to spend $1700 on >a "fax server solution". Instead, I'm looking for a fax modem for which >there are drivers for SCO or generic enough for Unix in general. I also >need "fax software" to enable the whole endeavor. > >All I'm attempting is what is done quite readily in Windows: print to a >psuedo-driver which, in turn, invokes the fax s/w that solicits the >phone number to fax to and any other required info. I don't need all >kinds of fancy options like choices for cover pages, etc. The >application used by my client is strictly text-based - no GUI. &g...

SCO Unix 5.0.6, errors
Hi, I am getting the error(s); HTFS: Inode 11915 on HTFS dev hd (1/43) has bad type 000000000000 HTFS: I/O failure occured accessing logical block 477364230 on HTFS dev hd (1/43) and then the system shuts down. Is there any way to fix these? We have done the command 'unix auto' at the Boot: prompt and it goes through its file system checks and appears to correct some problems. We have had some corruption on the database but were able to fix the problems. Our next plan of action is to clone the drive, but if anyone has any other suggestions for a way to fix this issue I would appreciate it. Lori Calkins It would help if you'd provided disk information, such as how many partitions. I'm guessing from what you provided that the problem is on the root partition. By default 5.0.6 doesn't check the root file system on an auto boot. What you're seeing is the file system checks on the rest of the partitions. When you get the Boot: prompt just press enter. Eventually you'll be prompted for the root password to enter maintenance mode. Do that. Then type fsck / Ray Robert Three Star Software Lori wrote: > Hi, > I am getting the error(s); > > HTFS: Inode 11915 on HTFS dev hd (1/43) has bad type 000000000000 > HTFS: I/O failure occured accessing logical block 477364230 on HTFS dev > hd (1/43) > > and then the system shuts down. > > Is there any way to fix these? We have done the command 'unix auto' at >...

SCO Openserver 5.0.6 installation help
Hi, Any body help me for installating the SCO OSR 5.0.6 server in IBM X3400 with Serveraid 8k card. While in the boot time i gave the Boot: link atfter that i gave "aacraid" and insert the floppy at USB floppy driver it start installing then it ask for BTLD floppy, after this step i does not know how to install this. How can i get that BTLD file. Brds Rajesh Far as I know, you can't do USB anything with 506. Need 507 or higher to access USB floppy. Carl On Apr 12, 5:38 pm, C...@eatontown.net wrote: > Far as I know, you can't do USB anything with 506. Need > 507 or higher to access USB floppy. > > Carl Dear Carl, Thanks for your reply, IBM x3400 server doesn't have the floppy drive comptability, is there any other way. Pls tell me. Brds Rajesh On 12 Apr, 15:30, enrajesh.ku...@gmail.com wrote: > On Apr 12, 5:38 pm, C...@eatontown.net wrote: > > > Far as I know, you can't do USB anything with 506. Need > > 507 or higher to access USB floppy. > > > Carl > > Dear Carl, > > Thanks for your reply, > > IBM x3400 server doesn't have the floppy drive comptability, is there > any other way. Pls tell me. Upgrade to OpenServer 6 if you want to install on this system or install on a system that does not have USB if you want to continue to use OpenServer 5.0.6 (which is old and no longer supported). John > On 12 Apr, 15:30, enrajesh.ku...@gmail.com wrote: > > On Apr 1...

SCO Openserver 6.0 Portmapper and mount command
I am running into a little problem with the SCO (6.0) Portmapper and a NFS on a windows machine. The windows machine is running a NFS server that doesn't support verision 4 of the portmapper protocal. Is there a way to tell the SCO machine to using verison 3 of the protocol via the command line or a service id file somewhere ? ie: mount -o verison=3 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:/yyy /zzz (Or something similar) Thanks in Advance. Doug Luurs ...

Sar gone wild on SCO Openserver 6.0
Got a call this morning when my client's printers would not print and she had an error message on the screen (not recorded as not relevant). |+----------------------------------------------------------------------------+| ||* SCO OpenServer Release 6.0.0 (ver 6.0.0Ni) || || OSS703A - X Upgrade for OpenServer 6.0.0 Maintenance Pack 2 (ver 1. || || OSS706C - OpenServer 6 Maintenance Pack 2 Supplement (ver 1.0.0) || || SCO OpenServer Release 6.0.0 Maintenance Pack 2 (ver 1.0.0Dy) || || || I was unable to login via ssh. I did manage to login via telnet (got to get that port closed) and I found that the root file system was out of space: / : Disk space: 4.29 MB of 9000.99 MB available ( 0.05%). /stand : Disk space: 33.74 MB of 39.99 MB available (84.37%). /u : Disk space: 6646.34 MB of 9000.99 MB available (73.84%). /tmp : Disk space: 97.69 MB of 126.62 MB available (77.16%). The above is from my nightly backup script log generated at 23:00 last night. The current free space was lower but not 0. From syslog: May 17 17:11:21 unix1 ntpd[1487]: time reset 0.152811 s May 17 17:11:21 unxi1 ntpd[1487]: synchronisation lost May 17 18:05:25 unix1 May 17 18:05:25 unix1 NOTICE: msgcnt 1 vxfs: mesg 001: vx_nospace - /dev/root fi May 17 18:05:25 unix1 May 17 18:09:00 unix1 May 17 18:09:00 unix1 NOTICE: ms...

SCO OpenServer 6.0 and Dell Poweredge 2800
Dear, For the latest version of SCO OpenServer 6.0, not much user comments can be found on the Internet. We will purchase Dell PowerEdge 2800 for running SCO Unix. Right now, we are using OpenServer 5.06. We want to know whether it's worth to upgrade the OS to 6.0? Will it be compatible? On the SCO hardware list, I can see PowerEdge 2800 is certified with OpenServer 5.06. But for OpenServer 6.0, no Dell server is certified. Thanks for any comments! Rebecca rebeccalip@gmail.com wrote: > Dear, > > For the latest version of SCO OpenServer 6.0, not much user comments > can be found on the Internet. > > We will purchase Dell PowerEdge 2800 for running SCO Unix. Right now, > we are using OpenServer 5.06. We want to know whether it's worth to > upgrade the OS to 6.0? > Will it be compatible? > > On the SCO hardware list, I can see PowerEdge 2800 is certified with > OpenServer 5.06. But for OpenServer 6.0, no Dell server is certified. > > Thanks for any comments! It appears Dell haven't submitted any hardware for certification. There is a reasonable choice of certified harware from IBM and HP. Googling suggests that the Dell PowerEdge 2800 may be OK although people have problems with CD-RW and suggest obtaining a plain CD-ROM drive for the install. Also there may be problems obtaining OSR6 drivers for some of Dell's PERC RAID controllers and maybe some of their on-board LAN adapters. I'd plan to f...

USB Memory Stick on SCO Openserver 6.0
I am new to SCO Unix and was hoping that someone out there could tell me if it was possible to use a USB Memory Stick with SCO OpenServer 6.0. I was able to get it work by using mkdev hd followed by a mount, but it appears to me that now the OS thinks the memory stick is a permanent device. What is the correct way to make OpenServer 6.0 identify a USB memory stick? Thanks, Jay On Sun, 17 Feb 2008, Jay Runkel wrote: > I am new to SCO Unix and was hoping that someone out there could tell me > if it was possible to use a USB Memory Stick with SCO OpenServer 6.0. I > was able to get it work by using mkdev hd followed by a mount, but it > appears to me that now the OS thinks the memory stick is a permanent > device. > > What is the correct way to make OpenServer 6.0 identify a USB memory > stick? I use them all the time. You just have to make them so they are not auto-mounted. I mount mine manually. It works great. I cycle between 12 sticks. I do the same with external USB HD's. -- Boyd Gerber <gerberb@zenez.com> ZENEZ 1042 East Fort Union #135, Midvale Utah 84047 Jay Runkel typed (on Sun, Feb 17, 2008 at 07:17:23PM +0000): > > I am new to SCO Unix and was hoping that someone out there could tell me if > it was possible to use a USB Memory Stick with SCO OpenServer 6.0. I was > able to get it work by using mkdev hd followed by a mount, but it appears > to me that now the OS thinks the memory stick is a permanent...

How to change your hostname in SCO OpenServer 5.0.6
So, it may seem obvious to the knowledgeable, but a little knowledge is a dangerous thing. And I'd like to write a note about the booby traps to warn others. * Select your new hostname. It can only have up to 8 characters, and should avoid punctuation, especially periodsy, and should be entirely lowercase to follow the published DNS standards. * Get your new hostname ready in your local DNS and, if necessary, / etc/hosts tables on other machines. * Back up a copy of /etc/hosts and /etc/default/tcp, so you can back out your changes if needed. * Announce downtime for the host: you're going to need a reboot to make sure everything's perfect. * Back up your machine and take any network services offline. * Kiss your X sessions on the machine goodbye. This includes remote X terminals and the "scologin" window at your normal login screen. * Go to a *non-X-displayed* shell prompt. This is because changing the host name in the middle of the X sessions can seriously screw up the X session. * Hit Ctrl-Alt-F1 from the console to get a pure text screen. * Log in as root, or su to be root. * Run the command "netconfig". Note that this non-X based session is considerably more powerful than the X based GUI!!! * Set the new hostname in netconfig. Make sure that the rest of your settings are correct as well. * Allow netconfig to rebuild your kernel and make the new kernel the default. (In my opinion, OpenServer is way, way, way too eager to rebuild kernels!) * ...

SCO Openserver 5.0.6 and DAT Tape
I have install a SCSI DAT Tape. I have an error message : tape write error, I have try a tar cvfbke /dev/rct0 20 12000000 . I suppose it is not the tape : the same installation on two servers whith two different DAT gives the same error. Thanks for your answers and GOOD YEAR Eric eric.picabia@tiscali.fr (eric) wrote in message news:<f76c4885.0401010247.194dc8de@posting.google.com>... > I have install a SCSI DAT Tape. > I have an error message : tape write error, > I have try a tar cvfbke /dev/rct0 20 12000000 . > I suppose it is not the tape : the same installation o...

SCO Openserver 6.0 not ready for prime time
In addition to the problem with adding the SCSI tape to a SATA system, I have noted the following problem on my test system: Upon booting, the system has taken to issuing the following warnings: UX:initprivs: WARNING: File "opt/K/SCO/Unxi/6.0.0Ni/sbin/initprivis" fails validation: entry ignored UX:initprivs: WARNING: File "opt/K/SCO/Unxi/6.0.0Ni/usr/bin/xemul" fails validation: entry ignored UX:initprivs: WARNING: File "opt/K/SCO/Unxi/6.0.0Ni/u95/bin/rcp" fails validation: entry ignored UX:initprivs: WARNING: File "opt/K/SCO/Unxi/6.0.0Ni/usr/bin/devattr" fails validation: entry ignored UX:initprivs: WARNING: File "opt/K/SCO/Unxi/6.0.0Ni/etc/fscmd.d/vxfs/df" fails validation: entry ignored UX:initprivs: WARNING: File "opt/K/SCO/Unxi/6.0.0Ni/usr/bin/getdev" fails validation: entry ignored UX:initprivs: WARNING: File "opt/K/SCO/Unxi/6.0.0Ni/usr/bin/priocntt" fails validation: entry ignored UX:initprivs: WARNING: File "opt/K/SCO/Unxi/6.0.0Ni/usr/bin/w" fails validation: entry ignored UX:initprivs: WARNING: 8 entries ignored in "/etc/security/tcb/privs" Custom -> software -> verify system -> (quick or thorough) does not fix this integrity & fixmog does not fix this. In another thread, I have been working on evaluating Mysql as distributed with Openserver 6.0. At the conclusion of the thread, I had succeeded in setting the password for root@localhost, root@192.168.111.235, a...

High availability on SCO Openserver 5.0.6 ?
Hi, I'm looking for solutions able to give an Informix database hosted on a SCO Openserver 5.0.6 a very high availability (using a double server, RAID and whatever needed). I found a software solution from a company (which name is 1776) by browsing Google answers and mailed them tonight to get more information, but I'm sure there is more than one company being on this market... Any clue of where I could get any others links or information about my concern ? Thanks by advance! Bd typed (on Thu, Dec 16, 2004 at 12:09:36AM +0100): | | I'm looking for solutions able to give an Informix database hosted on | a SCO Openserver 5.0.6 a very high availability (using a double | server, RAID and whatever needed). | | I found a software solution from a company (which name is 1776) by | browsing Google answers and mailed them tonight to get more | information, but I'm sure there is more than one company being on this | market... | | Any clue of where I could get any others links or information about my | concern ? http://www.savwareha.com/ -- JP Hello, Le 15 Dec 2004 18:21:01 -0500, Jean-Pierre Radley <jpr@jpr.com> �crivait: >| Any clue of where I could get any others links or information about my >| concern ? > >http://www.savwareha.com/ Thanks, JP. Sent you a private mail! Regards, ...

SCO unix 5.0.6 web services setup
I need to install the "web services" deal on my unix box so that when a customer sends me requests with SOAP or XML my system accepts the call on the specific port. Is there a process to do that ? I'm currently running netscape fastract as a web server, I heard I need apache + axis , Are there other options to setup the web services ? thanks Where can I get this new Web Service from SCO ? Is it under their ftp site or I have to pay for it ? http://www.crn.com/sections/breakingnews/dailyarchives.jhtml;jsessionid=ERBHJ1BYLZ3IUQSNDBGCKH0CJUMEKJVN?articleId=18824984&_requestid=1614593 In spite of the legal circus engulfing The SCO Group--and lingering concerns about the Unix company's future--top executives took the opportunity at the company's annual partner conference in Las Vegas to outline SCO's new Internet and Web services offerings and assert its intent to stay in business. At SCO Forum 2003, SCO announced the delivery of key component of its SCOx Web services initiative--SCOx WebFace Solution Suite 4.0--as well as the SCOsms Web Services API and SCObiz Web Services APIs. The company's SCOx direction and Web services API plans were unveiled last April. The enhanced suite and new APIs, designed to enable partners and customers to migrate legacy Unix applications to a services-oriented architecture, consists of the WebFace Browser Application Platform and WebFace Studio development platform. SCO's Web servic...

Help with installing DAT drive on SCO Openserver 5.0.6
Hi there, I was wondering wjether someone could please assist me in installing a DAT drive. My setup is as follows:- Hardware : DELL Optiplex GX110 OS : SCO Openserver 5.0.6 Backup Device : HP SureStore DAT40 (External) SCSI card : Adaptec 2940UW I have bought the DAT drive and SCSI card, after I checked that they are compatible with my version of SCO OpenServer, so both should work. But, when I use the "mkdev tape" command, I run into an area that I know very little about. Could someone please guide me into what's the correct procedure for an installation. Many thanks Aaron8123 vinceranny@gmail.com wrote: > Hi there, > > I was wondering wjether someone could please assist me in installing a > DAT drive. > > My setup is as follows:- > > Hardware : DELL Optiplex GX110 > OS : SCO Openserver 5.0.6 > Backup Device : HP SureStore DAT40 (External) > SCSI card : Adaptec 2940UW > > I have bought the DAT drive and SCSI card, after I checked that they > are compatible with my version of SCO OpenServer, so both should work. > > But, when I use the "mkdev tape" command, I run into an area that I > know very little about. > > Could someone please guide me into what's the correct procedure for an > installation. Correct procedure? "mkdev tape", answer the questions. Now what question are you having trouble with? See http://aplawrence.com/Unixart/tapes.html http://aplawrence.com/...

Performance of SCO OpenServer 5.0.6 under VMware ESX, any information?
I may have to deal with a VMware ESX server to run some SCO OpenServer 5.0.6 apps. I've been using VMware Workstation successfully up to now, but haven't tried performance testing either under serious system load. (I was using Workstation for compilation and software debugging, not high-load operations.) What kind of performance penalty does VMware inflict on OpenServer? Is it less of a hit under ESX than under Workstation? Are the bottlenecks CPU, or disk, or network IO, or what? I recognize that these will differ for different VMware and OS setups, and would like to hear other people's experience. For example, I'm seeing noticeable SSH startup delays on virtualized SCO OpenServer clients: I assume this is due to a shortage of randomizatioin data for PRNG to synchronize the keys, but can't yet swear to that, and it's not that big a problem for me anyway. And what are people using for system backup in their virtual environments? It's clearly got to be network based, since talking to a local tape drive is begging for grief under virtualization, especially if the drive has to be shared. And talkiing to clones of the OpenServer file systems is infeasible with the RHEL 3 that is the foundation for VMware ESX. If it were me doing it from scratch, I'd recomend using an rsync based backup to a local network server capable of NFS serving the files back to the SCO server to ease file recovery, such as rsnapshot, but are there commercial tools that a...

How to set fully qualified hostname for SCO OpenServer 5.0.6?
I'd like the small set of systems I'm fixing to have proper fully qualified hostnames for hte command "hostname". But different of the systems are doing different things, in an environment where the machines got moved from one domain to another. It's not a big problem, because it's an internal domain, but this is forcing me to continue using /etc/hosts instead of normal internal DNS. Machine A responds to "hostname" with a.olddomain.com. Machine B responds to "hostname" with b.oldommain Machine C responds to "hostname" with c. In all cases, I want to change them to be "[machine].newdomain.com". I've tried going through the scoadmin tools, but am not easily finding where to set this. Is it just editing /etc/default/tcp and ebooting? Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote: > I'd like the small set of systems I'm fixing to have proper fully > qualified hostnames for hte command "hostname". But different of the > systems are doing different things, in an environment where the > machines got moved from one domain to another. It's not a big problem, > because it's an internal domain, but this is forcing me to continue > using /etc/hosts instead of normal internal DNS. > > Machine A responds to "hostname" with a.olddomain.com. > Machine B responds to "hostname" with b.oldommain > Machine C responds to "hostname" with c. > > In all ca...

network printing to HP 3600n from SCO OpenServer 5.0.6
I have a client with an old SCO OpenServer 5.0.6 system that replaced a dead serial HP printer with a network printer. I can ping the printer, but I've used the HP Print Manager to configure it as well as to send test text to it and nothing comes out of the printer. If anybody can point me to info on getting SCO 5.0.6 to printer to this printer via TCP/IP I'd be VERY grateful! Thanks! On Aug 18, 3:47=A0pm, "Michael Sweeden" <michaelswee...@comcast.net> wrote: > I have a client with an old SCO OpenServer 5.0.6 system that replaced a d= ead > serial HP printer with a network printer. I can ping the printer, but I'v= e > used the HP Print Manager to configure it as well as to send test text to= it > and nothing comes out of the printer. If anybody can point me to info on > getting SCO 5.0.6 to printer to this printer via TCP/IP I'd be VERY > grateful! > Thanks! Use netcat http://aplawrence.com/SCOFAQ/FAQ_scotec7getnetcat.html ----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Sweeden" <michaelsweeden@comcast.net> Newsgroups: comp.unix.sco.misc To: <distro@jpr.com> Sent: Monday, August 18, 2008 3:47 PM Subject: network printing to HP 3600n from SCO OpenServer 5.0.6 >I have a client with an old SCO OpenServer 5.0.6 system that replaced a >dead serial HP printer with a network printer. I can ping the printer, but >I've used the HP Print Manager to configure it as well as to send test...

Virtualized SCO OpenServer 5.0.6, and time reset on shutdown
I'm using NTP on an RHEL 5.x box serving VMware Workstation 6, and running an SCO OpenServer 5.0.6 environment in it. It seems to work reasonably (by using IDE emulation instead of the SCSI setup complexities described for VMware's ESX product), but whenever I shut down the server and VMware instance, the OpenServer 5.0.6 OS comes up with its clock drifted backward by however long the server was down. I'm sure this is an unfortunate interaction with VMware and failing to have a 'VMware Tools' available for OpenServer, but it's awkward. I *think* that the sending of shutdown signales is failing to shut down the OpenServer environment fully: are there usable settings for OpenServer to get ACPI to work? Or is there a setting so that when you say 'shutdown' from the command line, it actually powers off instead of leaving that 'if you touch me, I will reboot' screen on the console? On Tue, Jun 03, 2008, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote: >I'm using NTP on an RHEL 5.x box serving VMware Workstation 6, and >running an SCO OpenServer 5.0.6 environment in it. It seems to work >reasonably (by using IDE emulation instead of the SCSI setup >complexities described for VMware's ESX product), but whenever I shut >down the server and VMware instance, the OpenServer 5.0.6 OS comes up >with its clock drifted backward by however long the server was down. Are you running ntp on the SCO box? I have been known to add a call to ``ntpdate&#...

Re: CANNOT INSTALL SCO 5.0.6 ON IBM X206
--NextPart_Webmail_9m3u9jl4l_25755_1157039424_0 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit I got mine to work fine! I used: linl= Sdsk=ips(0,0,0,0) Srom=(0,0,0,0) did you try that? Brandt -------------- Original message -------------- From: "Bruno" <bruno@nospam.com> > Hi > > Adapter is ServRaid 7e and SCIS devices are : > SCSI ID #7 : Adaptec AIC-7901 > SCSI ID #9 : IBM 25P3471a S320 2 > SCSI ID #12 : IBM-ESX ST336754LC FN > > At the boot : Drive 0080 : detected > > And at the prompt, I type > restart link="ipsraid" Sdsk=ips(0,0,12,0) Srom=wd(0,0,0,0) > > After give the BTLD floppy : > ipsraid: Driver "ips" succesfully loaded > Character major = 6 > > But installer don't find any SCSI controler : > WARNING: hd: no root disk controller was found > > So I tried ipsraid drivers and others setting but nothing works! > > Could you help me ? > > Thanks > -- > > --NextPart_Webmail_9m3u9jl4l_25755_1157039424_0 Content-Type: text/html Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit <html><body> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>I got mine to work fine! </DIV> <DIV>I used:</DIV> <DIV>linl=&nbsp;Sdsk=ips(0,0,0,0) Srom=(0,0,0,0)</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>did you try that?</DIV> <DIV>Brandt</DIV> <BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: ...

Web resources about - IBM X3400 sco openserver 6.0 - comp.unix.sco.misc

SCO OpenServer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
6.0.0 MP4 / February 6, 2009 ; 5 years ago ( 2009-02-06 ) SCO UNIX was the successor to SCO variant of Microsoft Xenix , derived from UNIX System ...

Open Directory - Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Unix: SCO
... Inc. - Develops, supports small/mid scale Unix server OSs and business system software for network computing; products, related services: OpenServer, ...

关于Unix系统崩溃问题解决方法讲解_Unix子站_IT专家网
由于Unix系统是多用户多进程的分时系统,尤其是 SCO Unix OpenServer 5.0.5以上版本面市的时间不太长,许多系统管理员面对这种情况也没有解决办法,只好重装系统,导致大量的资料数据丢失。 关于Unix系统崩溃问题解决方法讲解

Deluded SCO CEO on witness stand: “Linux is a copy of UNIX”
Darl McBride entered a courtroom to assert his rights regarding legacy System …

SCO fees may hit some Linux users
The struggling SCO Group, which holds the copyright to Unix, plans to charge some customers who have moved from its own products to Linux, according ...

SCO puts disputed code in the spotlight
Technology launches take second place at SCO's confab to a defense of the legal battles against Linux, as the company displays the lines of code ...

S - Computer dictionary and glossary
Computer dictionary abbreviations, definitions, glossary, and terms beginning with the letter S.

When SCO is dead and buried
The end of SCO is in sight. And, what does that mean for us and what lessons can we learn from its frantic, fruitless battles against Linux? ...

Hard Disk Failure and Hard Drive Failure Data Recovery
Hard disk drives experience lots of different types of failure. Ranging from electrical, mechanical, logical and firmware. We can retrieve your ...

Serial Cards - Digi International
Products Embedded Wireless and Wired Solutions Solutions on Module RF Modules Single-Board Computers Operator Interfaces Software Platforms Application ...