Java 1.5 on SCO 5.0.6

Hi,

I am trying to get some java programs running on my SCO systems - but
they are written for java 1.5 and I can't find any files higher than
java 1.3 for 5.0.6.

I have tried installing the java 1.5 VOL files for OSR6, and they
install through custom alright, but I am getting an error when I try
to run 'java'

# java -version
dynamic linker : java : could not open /usr/lib/libthread.so.1
Killed

Can anyone help either get the OSR6 version working on 5.0.6 or does
anyone know if there is a version for 5.0.6

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Keith

0
crymble (13)

On 13 Jul, 16:17, crym...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to get some java programs running on my SCO systems - but
> they are written for java 1.5 and I can't find any files higher than
> java 1.3 for 5.0.6.
>
> I have tried installing the java 1.5 VOL files for OSR6, and they
> install through custom alright, but I am getting an error when I try
> to run 'java'
>
> # java -version
> dynamic linker : java : could not open /usr/lib/libthread.so.1
> Killed
>
> Can anyone help either get the OSR6 version working on 5.0.6 or does
> anyone know if there is a version for 5.0.6
>
> Any help would be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Keith

Keith,

Unfortunately Java 1.5 is not supported and will not run on
OpenServer 5.0.6. If you want to run Java 1.5 programs
you will need to upgrade to OpenServer 6.0.0.

John

0
jboland1 (202)
7/17/2007 7:18:35 AM
On 17 Jul, 08:18, jbol...@sco.com wrote:
> On 13 Jul, 16:17, crym...@gmail.com wrote:
>

> > Hi,
>
> > I am trying to get some java programs running on my SCO systems - but
> > they are written for java 1.5 and I can't find any files higher than
> > java 1.3 for 5.0.6.
>
> > I have tried installing the java 1.5 VOL files for OSR6, and they
> > install through custom alright, but I am getting an error when I try
> > to run 'java'
>
> > # java -version
> > dynamic linker : java : could not open /usr/lib/libthread.so.1
> > Killed
>
> > Can anyone help either get the OSR6 version working on 5.0.6 or does
> > anyone know if there is a version for 5.0.6
>
> > Any help would be much appreciated.
>
> > Thanks,
>
> > Keith
>
> Keith,
>
> Unfortunately Java 1.5 is not supported and will not run on
> OpenServer 5.0.6. If you want to run Java 1.5 programs
> you will need to upgrade to OpenServer 6.0.0.
>
> John

Thanks John - But I'm afraid that the upgrade won't be happening for a
while though which is why I wanted to get it working on 5.0.6.

crymble (13)
7/17/2007 2:20:29 PM
crymble@gmail.com wrote:
> On 17 Jul, 08:18, jbol...@sco.com wrote:
>>Unfortunately Java 1.5 is not supported and will not run on
>>OpenServer 5.0.6. If you want to run Java 1.5 programs
>>you will need to upgrade to OpenServer 6.0.0.
> Thanks John - But I'm afraid that the upgrade won't be happening for a
> while though which is why I wanted to get it working on 5.0.6.

While not impossible, Here's where you could start
http://download.java.net/tiger/

What you will need is a working 1.4.4 JRE
and stuff like GNU make, Motif headers and libs, ODBC, and of course GCC

AFAIK there is no real reason given enough time or experience to get this to work.

ON THE OTHER HAND

you may be able leverage lxrun to run linux java binaries.
http://www.ugcs.caltech.edu/~steven/lxrun/

--
Walter

0
wvaughan (63)

NFS SCo 5.0.5 with SCO 6.0.0
Hi everybody, I have a folder on SCO 5.0.5 server shared through NFS with a new SCO 6.0.0 with MP2 server (converted from a SCO 5.0.6 version). Before conversion file locks (over network) on this folder works well (eg from server SCO 5.0.6 I was able to see locks generated from SCO 5.0.5 box and viceversa), now with SCO 6.0.0 does not work ! I see that on SCO 6.0.0 the lockd daemon is active .. so it should work ... Please can you help me ? Thanks Cuffiette ...

Looking for precompiled 'rsync" for SCO 5.0.5, 5.0.6 and 5.0.7
I was recommended to use 'rsync' for multi-site transfers. But I have come to find that "rsync" does not exist already in OpenServer 5.0.5, 5.0.6 and 5.0.7. You can only get the "source" files which you "must" compile in order to create the "rsync." These seems to require that you compile these on every level of OpenServer you need. Where / how can I get the 'rsync' binaries already compiled for the levels I need? smlunatick typed (on Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 11:10:53AM -0700): | I was recommended to use 'rsync' for multi-site transfers. But I have | come to find that "rsync" does not exist already in OpenServer 5.0.5, | 5.0.6 and 5.0.7. You can only get the "source" files which you "must" | compile in order to create the "rsync." These seems to require that | you compile these on every level of OpenServer you need. | | Where / how can I get the 'rsync' binaries already compiled for the | levels I need? Get a binary for OSR 5.0.7, and with oss646c, it should run on 5.0.4, 5.0.5, and 5.0.6. Binary afavilable on Brian White's page at www.aljex.com/bkw. -- JP On Aug 18, 7:37=A0pm, Jean-Pierre Radley <j...@jpr.com> wrote: > smlunatick typed (on Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 11:10:53AM -0700): > | I was recommended to use 'rsync' for multi-site transfers. =A0But I hav= e > | come to find that "rsync" does not exist already in OpenSer...

SCO 5.0.5/5.0.6 bios clock, time zone and synching
Hi All, Does SCO expect the BIOS clock to be set to UTC? Ive got a few SCO boxen spread across a couple of time zones and at the moment, the bios clocks in the servers are set to localtime not UTC. The timezone settings in SCO Admin are also wrong. I was under the impression *nix always expects the BIOS clock to be set to UTC and then the timezone settings in SCO tell the OS what the local time is. This does not seem to be the case for me. On a testing box, Ive set the BIOS clock to UTC, set the correct timezone in scoadmin but the date command in a root shell still gives the wrong time. E...

SCO 5.0.5 vs. 6.0
I'm having a new server built: SuperMicro P4SC8 Mother Board Intel P4 3.0Ghz 800 FSB 1GB CPU 73GB 10K 80 PIN SCSI Drive Sony 20/40GB DAT Drive SDT11000/BN DDS4 Adaptec 2010S Card for Mirroring Comtrol Rockport Card 99126-7 Is there any reason I should update my current version of SCO 5.0.5? Frank The following article is a recommendation from SCO when using P4 http://www.sco.com/ta/115963 "FrankS" <fshank@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:CqT_f.65026$H71.37215@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com... > I'm having a new server built: > > SuperMicro P4SC8 Mother Board > Intel P4 3.0Ghz 800 FSB 1GB CPU > 73GB 10K 80 PIN SCSI Drive > Sony 20/40GB DAT Drive SDT11000/BN DDS4 > > Adaptec 2010S Card for Mirroring > > Comtrol Rockport Card 99126-7 > > > > Is there any reason I should update my current version of SCO 5.0.5? > > > > Frank > > > > > > FrankS wrote: > I'm having a new server built: > > SuperMicro P4SC8 Mother Board > Intel P4 3.0Ghz 800 FSB 1GB CPU > 73GB 10K 80 PIN SCSI Drive > Sony 20/40GB DAT Drive SDT11000/BN DDS4 > > Adaptec 2010S Card for Mirroring > > Comtrol Rockport Card 99126-7 > > > > Is there any reason I should update my current version of SCO 5.0.5? Frank, OpenServer 5.0.5 is a retired product and is no longer generally supported by SCO. OpenServer 5.0.5 is not designed to work on P4 systems and y...

[ace-users] ACE+TAO+CIAO
Hi all, We are pleased to announce the latest ACE+TAO+CIAO beta. This beta has been tagged ACE+TAO+CIAO-5_5_6. The main difference between this release and x.5.5 is that the ACE exception macros (except for ACE_THROW_RETURN and ACE_THROW_SPEC) have been removed from all TAO and CIAO code. It is available from the same download location as per the previous release. http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/ The doxygen documentation for the beta is also available. Included with this beta, besides the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles, we also provide source only packages for the group of users which use MPC to generate their own makefiles. We encourage you to download the new beta, use it with your applications, and let us know if you encounter any problems. Please use the: $ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $CIAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM so that we have the proper version/platform/compiler/options you're using to report problems. We also request that you take a look at: $TAO_ROOT/docs/releasenotes/ for the status of various ongoing projects at the DOC groups of WashU, UCI, and Vanderbilt to move ACE+TAO+CIAO forward. Overviews of our recent progress and upcoming plans are available at: $ACE_ROOT/NEWS $TAO_ROOT/NEWS $CIAO_ROOT/NEWS The overall success rates for the test results gathered from all our daily builds is 96% for the ACE tests and 92% for the TAO tests. Please see: http://ww...

Sco OpenServer upgrading 5.0.6 to 5.0.7
I need some help. I need to upgrade my Sco O.S.506 to 507 and told me that I need to reinstall all the operative system and not the upgrading of it. Is it true ? Thanks in advance and excuse me if before someone alredy answered this query but I do not find anything about this matter bye Roberto Pineapple typed (on Wed, Apr 07, 2004 at 01:39:46PM +0200): | I need some help. | I need to upgrade my Sco O.S.506 to 507 and told me that I need to reinstall | all the operative system and not the upgrading of it. | Is it true ? No. | Thanks in advance and excuse me if before someone alredy answe...

SCO Open Server 5.0.6 versus 5.0.4
Hi, Anybody can point me to info or can state if there is a performance improvement from running 5.0.6 versus 5.0.4. Application is database access centered. Regards, Marian news wrote: > Hi, > Anybody can point me to info or can state if there is a performance > improvement from running 5.0.6 versus 5.0.4. Application is database access > centered. I don't think you are going to get a useful answer. Let's assume that I could authoritatively say that 5.0.6 has performance related improvements over .4 in certain areas. I can't recall if it does or doesn't, but the release notes would surely mention any. But so what? What does that say about YOUR application? Do we know where its performance issuees are now? Nope. We could assume it's probably disk bound, because that's a pretty safe assumption most any time, but even if true, what have you done for better or worse in that regard already? Maybe this is an Oracle database and you have it running on a RAID 5 system. As that's usually going to be a bad idea, you could gain nothing even if 5.0.6 did otherwise provide features that would otherwise improve your lot. Maybe you have the whole thing improperly tuned. Maybe you have it so perfectly tuned that an upgrade would make it worse because everything is so critically balanced to what you have now.. There are plenty of good reasons to upgrade to 5.0.6/7. If that's what you are lookimg for (a reason to sell the idea to ...

Upgrading 5.0.5 to 5.0.6/5.0.7
Hi, I've inheirited 3 SCO Servers and need to upgrade one to 5.0.6 from 5.0.5. The other two are at 5.0.6 and I want them all in line. Some questions: 1. Does SCO charge for this upgrade? If so, how much? 2. How easy is the upgrade? 3. Should I go to 5.0.7 instead for all the machines? Thanks, Jon Jon Wynacht typed (on Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 09:16:17AM -0700): | Hi, | | I've inheirited 3 SCO Servers and need to upgrade one to 5.0.6 from | 5.0.5. The other two are at 5.0.6 and I want them all in line. Some | questions: | | 1. Does SCO charge for this upgrade? If so, how much? >From 5.0.5 Enterprise to 5.0.7 Enterprise, $599. >From 5.0.6 Enterprise to 5.0.7 Enterprise, $369. | 2. How easy is the upgrade? Not hard; be sure to use ftp.jpr.com/pub/savefiles. | 3. Should I go to 5.0.7 instead for all the machines? Yes, and when you order the upgrades, also add in SCO Update, which will eventually bring you all the changes that bring you the Legend release. -- JP Jon Wynacht wrote: > Hi, > > I've inheirited 3 SCO Servers and need to upgrade one to 5.0.6 from > 5.0.5. The other two are at 5.0.6 and I want them all in line. Some > questions: > > 1. Does SCO charge for this upgrade? If so, how much? Of course. See http://aplawrence.com/scoprices.html > 2. How easy is the upgrade? Usually painless, but see http://aplawrence.com/Unixart/upgrades.html > 3. Should I go to 5.0.7 instead for all the machines? Yes, no questi...

Upgrade OSR 5.0.5 to 5.0.6 or 5.0.7
Hi all, I've two olds servers DELL Poweredge 2300 with Raid PERC, funtionning with OSR 5.0.5. Iwant upgrade the OS to 5.0.6 or 5.0.7 but it seems (sco.com) that the poweredge 2300 is bnot supported after OSR 5.0.5 (Hardware comptatibility). has somebody attempt this with success and which drivers (Raid PERC, Adaptec) are used. Thank you in advance fir the help. ----------------------------------------------------- Andre Georgel Email : andre.georgel@noos.fr "La perfection n'est pas lorsqu'il n'y a plus rien � ajouter, mais lorsque qu'il n'y a plus rien � enl...

Trying to compile putty-0.60 on SCO UNIX 5.0.7 with GCC and SCO Dev
I am trying to compile putty downloaded from http://linux.softpedia.com/progDownload/PuTTY-Download-347.html but get the error below. gcc -g -O2 -Wall -Werror -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DHAVE_X11 -DHAVE_X -DSYSV -Di386 -DS CO325 -D__SCO__ -DHAVE_XAW -DHAVE_SHAPE_EXT -DHAVE_SHAPE -DHAVE_SHM_EXT -DHAVE_X SHM -DHAVE_XCONVERTCASE -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr /include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/gl ib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/X11R6/include -I.././ -I../charset/ -I../windows/ -I../unix/ -I../mac/ -I../macosx/ -c ../ proxy.c cc1: warnings being treated as errors .../proxy.c: In function `proxy_for_destination': .../proxy.c:315: warning: implicit declaration of function `strncasecmp' gmake: *** [proxy.o] Error 1 # My programming skill level tops out at ./configure and make. Searching for instances of strncasecmp in the putty working directory shows: /tmp/putty-0.60/unix # cd .. # find . -type f -print | xargs grep strncasecmp | less ../mac/stricmp.c:#define strncasecmp strnicmp ../mac/stricmp.c:strncasecmp(s1, s2, n) ../unix/unix.h:#define strnicmp strncasecmp (END) In unix/unix.h: #define DEFAULT_CODEPAGE 0xFFFF #define CP_UTF8 CS_UTF8 /* from libcharset */ #define strnicmp strncasecmp #define stricmp strcasecmp /* BSD-semantics version of signal(), and another helpful function */ void (*putty_signal(int sig, void (*func)(int)))(int); void block_si...

SYbase SQL & SCO OpenServer 5.0.4/5.0.5
Can somone help me with wich SQL versions runs on SCO OSR5.0.4 and SCO OSR 5.0.5? So your the customer SCO still has :-) Sorry.. Couldn't resist ! ASE 10.0.2 was certified on SCO OSR5.0.2 with OS patches SLS 422a, SLS 437a. It wasn't certified on anything higher. ASE 11.0.x was certified on 5.0.4, but nothing higher. Sybase doesn't support 10.x or 11.x any more ...

if time = 3 seconds, how do i set the values of the time steps 0,0.1,0.2,0.3,0.5,1.0,1.5,2.0,3.0,5.0 to -9999 from time =3 seconds
Hi &nbsp; I have 18 inputs (arrays) which contain certain statistics and if time&nbsp;&nbsp;= 3 seconds, set the values of time step 5.0 to -9999.0. &nbsp; I was wondering if there is an efficient way to do this without using a lot of case statements? &nbsp; Thank you. Hello AdrianT, it's not really clear to me what you want to do... I suspect: you have an array containing values and you want to output them with a fixed timing of 3 seconds: you should use a for loop autoindexing trough your array and sending the value to your indicator/output/whatever. Put a "wait for next multiple" into your for loop. Or do you want to have a minimum time delay of 3 seconds? Again use a for loop, get the time value and use a InRange&amp;Coerce with minimum set to 3 seconds... Or you should explain more precisely what you need... Hi Thanks for that. Let me explain. &nbsp; The time may vary. Let me give an example. if time&nbsp; = 2.1, I want to set the time step's &nbsp;3.0 and 5.0's values to -9999.0. if the time =0.1 seconds then I want to set 0.2,0.3, 0.5 etc values to -9999.0 etc .................................................................... &nbsp; Can you please help? Thank you. Hello TUDS, do you use different accounts/nicknames ? Well, that's easy, at least for a sorted array: Search for your time-value in the array (Threshold 1D array). Fill all elements from that index till the end with your "error...

SCO OpenServe 6.0.0 Filesystem MUCH Faster Than 5.0.6
The speed of the SCO OpenServer 6.0.0 filesystem is quite noticeably faster than I enjoyed on OpenServer 5.0.6. How do I know? I donno, but it feels and seems so. I didn't expect this, so I didn't make these tests while still on 5.0.6, but I KNOW I have a lot more files and directories on 6.0.0 than I did on 5.0.6. The Verify of my Last Master Backup shows what is on my systen: 255191 files were encountered 167 files were excluded 9 files were not checked because the hard disk file had been modified by a program since it was backed up 2 files were not checked for various reasons 28870 special files (links, directories, devices, etc.) 226143 files verified successfully Master Backups using LONE-TAR(tm) to DVD+RW media ran at about 70-75 MB/min on OSR 5.0.6 but run at 175+ MB/min on 6.0.0, and if I turn off compression run at 260+ MB/min. To see how long it takes to search for a non-existant file: [trebor] ~: time find . -name XPMNYTRE real 0m58.59s user 0m1.72s sys 0m10.96s And to see how many directories had to be read: [trebor] ~: find . -type d | wc -l 23745 Bob -- Bob Stockler +-+ bob@trebor.iglou.com +-+ http://members.iglou.com/trebor Author: MENU EDIT II - The BEST Creator/Editor/Manager for filePro User Menus. Fully functional (time-limited) demos available by email request (specify OS). On Fri, Nov 25, 2005 at 11:01:36AM -0500, Bob Stockler wrote: > The speed of the SCO ...

Got Subversion 1.4.6 working on SCO Openserver 5.0.6, woo-hoo!
So it's working. I'd like to get it into one of the repositories, such as http://www.aljex.com/bkw/sco/index.html or into what's left of Skunkware. Does anyone have working tools for building VOL packagas? Or can I send my notes along to one of you repository managers to compile and provide the package? ...

5.0 vs 5.5 vs 6.1
Hi I m starting a new project. Probably whith Sql-Anywhere 9 and Clarion. As i prefer Legacy and have other applications running under 5.0, i fancy dooing the job in 5.0. Is there something better in 5.5 or 6.1 (i heard has a lot of Bugs). Is there something that does nor work with Legacy? Glad for every hint and advise. Thanks Mc Key ...

FAXing from SCO Unix 5.0.6
I'm supporting a SCO Unix 5.0.6 machine. I don't want to spend $1700 on a "fax server solution". Instead, I'm looking for a fax modem for which there are drivers for SCO or generic enough for Unix in general. I also need "fax software" to enable the whole endeavor. All I'm attempting is what is done quite readily in Windows: print to a psuedo-driver which, in turn, invokes the fax s/w that solicits the phone number to fax to and any other required info. I don't need all kinds of fancy options like choices for cover pages, etc. The application used by my client is strictly text-based - no GUI. Any advice for public-domain - or inexpensive - software to accomplish this is much appreciated. Regards, David On Fri, Apr 18, 2008, David wrote: >I'm supporting a SCO Unix 5.0.6 machine. I don't want to spend $1700 on >a "fax server solution". Instead, I'm looking for a fax modem for which >there are drivers for SCO or generic enough for Unix in general. I also >need "fax software" to enable the whole endeavor. > >All I'm attempting is what is done quite readily in Windows: print to a >psuedo-driver which, in turn, invokes the fax s/w that solicits the >phone number to fax to and any other required info. I don't need all >kinds of fancy options like choices for cover pages, etc. The >application used by my client is strictly text-based - no GUI. &g...

SCO Unix 5.0.6, errors
Hi, I am getting the error(s); HTFS: Inode 11915 on HTFS dev hd (1/43) has bad type 000000000000 HTFS: I/O failure occured accessing logical block 477364230 on HTFS dev hd (1/43) and then the system shuts down. Is there any way to fix these? We have done the command 'unix auto' at the Boot: prompt and it goes through its file system checks and appears to correct some problems. We have had some corruption on the database but were able to fix the problems. Our next plan of action is to clone the drive, but if anyone has any other suggestions for a way to fix this issue I would appreciate it. Lori Calkins It would help if you'd provided disk information, such as how many partitions. I'm guessing from what you provided that the problem is on the root partition. By default 5.0.6 doesn't check the root file system on an auto boot. What you're seeing is the file system checks on the rest of the partitions. When you get the Boot: prompt just press enter. Eventually you'll be prompted for the root password to enter maintenance mode. Do that. Then type fsck / Ray Robert Three Star Software Lori wrote: > Hi, > I am getting the error(s); > > HTFS: Inode 11915 on HTFS dev hd (1/43) has bad type 000000000000 > HTFS: I/O failure occured accessing logical block 477364230 on HTFS dev > hd (1/43) > > and then the system shuts down. > > Is there any way to fix these? We have done the command 'unix auto' at >...

Postgresql 7.4.1 Compile problem for SCO 5.0.5
I am trying to compile postgresql 7.4.1 for sco 5.0.5 and get the following error: "thread.c", line 269: error: undefined symbol: h_errno Any ideas? ../configure --with-libs=/usr/local/lib --with-includes=/usr/local/include herbie!/tmp/postgresql-7.4.1 # gmake gmake -C doc all gmake[1]: Entering directory `/tmp/postgresql-7.4.1/doc' gmake[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'. gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/postgresql-7.4.1/doc' gmake -C src all gmake[1]: Entering directory `/tmp/postgresql-7.4.1/src' gmake -C port all gmake[2]: Entering directory `/...

What is the difference between Java JRE 5.x and 6.x (1.5.x / 1.6.x) ???
What exactly is the difference between the JRE 5.x and 6.x (or 1.5.x and 1.6.x) versions of the Sun Java Runtime Engine for windows? Why does Sun maintain 2 different versions or streams or forks of the JRE? Is it true that version 5 was supposed to have an EOL this past October - or was it always EOL in October 2009? How would my "internet browsing experience" be different if my system had the latest update of version 5 versus version 6? Is it true that version 6 is somehow optimized or faster than 5? sm5w2@yahoo.com wrote: > What exactly is the difference between the JRE 5....

SCO OpenServer 5.0.4/5.0.5 New Daylight Savings dates
Has anyone yet come up with a solution on changing older SCO OpenServer 5.0.4 / 5.0.5 / 5.0.6 systems to accommodate the new daylight savings dates starting this year?? I have looked around at SCO's site and they have an update to install on 5.0.7 systems that also indicate you should install new libc, etc Anyone know how to fix this on older SCO OpenServer releases?? Thanks for any help Scott Ullmann Telespectrum sullmann@telespectrum.com scooter typed (on Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 12:37:58PM -0800): | Has anyone yet come up with a solution on changing older SCO OpenServer | 5.0.4 / 5.0.5 / 5.0.6 systems to accommodate the new daylight savings | dates starting this year?? | | I have looked around at SCO's site and they have an update to install | on 5.0.7 systems that also indicate you should install new libc, etc | | Anyone know how to fix this on older SCO OpenServer releases?? I'm in the EST timezone, and so I would edit /etc/TIMEZONE from: TZ=EST5EDT to: TZ=EST5EDT,M3,2,0/2,M11,1,0/2 -- JP ==> http://www.frappr.com/cusm <== On Jan 22, 4:24 pm, Jean-Pierre Radley <j...@jpr.com> wrote: > scooter typed (on Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 12:37:58PM -0800): > | Has anyone yet come up with a solution on changing older SCO OpenServer > | 5.0.4 / 5.0.5 / 5.0.6 systems to accommodate the new daylight savings > | dates starting this year?? > | > | I have looked around at SCO's site and they have an update to install > | on 5.0.7 ...

AIX 5.1 / VAC 6.0 vs AIX 5.2 / patched VAC 6.0
Hi everybody, I am trying to build some C++ application on the following environment: AIX 5.2 / patched Visual Age C++ 6.0. This application is based on libraries built for the AIX 5.1 / Visual Age C++ 6.0 (base, ie no patch) platform. Compilation works fine. However link results in unresolved symbols (defined in the above libraries). According to IBM support: - AIX 5.1 / Visual Age C++ 6.0 is a supported platform - AIX 5.2 / Visual Age C++ 6.0 with lattest patch is a supported platform - AIX 5.2 / Visual Age C++ 6.00 base version (ie without any patch) isn't a supported platform (!...

ncftpput 3.1.8 on SCO 5.0.6
Has anyone been able to compile nctfp shell utilities on OpenServer dev kit? I am trying to get the latest version compiled but keep getting unresolved externals from resolv.h? Murray Hooper typed (on Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 08:22:26PM +0000): | Has anyone been able to compile nctfp shell utilities on OpenServer dev kit? | I am trying to get the latest version compiled but keep getting unresolved | externals from resolv.h? I've compiled ncftp, several different versions, on OSR 5. I usually use gcc. But what are the "ncftp shell utilities"? -- JP "Jean-Pierre Radley" <jpr@jpr.com> wrote in message news:20040713205558.GF16486@jpradley.jpr.com... > Murray Hooper typed (on Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 08:22:26PM +0000): > | Has anyone been able to compile nctfp shell utilities on OpenServer dev kit? > | I am trying to get the latest version compiled but keep getting unresolved > | externals from resolv.h? > > I've compiled ncftp, several different versions, on OSR 5. I usually use > gcc. > > But what are the "ncftp shell utilities"? ncftp ncftpput ncftpget ncftpls ncftpbatch ncftpbookmarks ... *shrug* "Stuart J. Browne" <stuart@promed.com.au> wrote in message news:40f488a3$1@dnews.tpgi.com.au... > > "Jean-Pierre Radley" <jpr@jpr.com> wrote in message > news:20040713205558.GF16486@jpradley.jpr.com... > > Murray Hooper typed (on Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 08:22:26P...

SCO unix 5.0.6 web services setup
I need to install the "web services" deal on my unix box so that when a customer sends me requests with SOAP or XML my system accepts the call on the specific port. Is there a process to do that ? I'm currently running netscape fastract as a web server, I heard I need apache + axis , Are there other options to setup the web services ? thanks Where can I get this new Web Service from SCO ? Is it under their ftp site or I have to pay for it ? http://www.crn.com/sections/breakingnews/dailyarchives.jhtml;jsessionid=ERBHJ1BYLZ3IUQSNDBGCKH0CJUMEKJVN?articleId=18824984&_requestid=1614593 In spite of the legal circus engulfing The SCO Group--and lingering concerns about the Unix company's future--top executives took the opportunity at the company's annual partner conference in Las Vegas to outline SCO's new Internet and Web services offerings and assert its intent to stay in business. At SCO Forum 2003, SCO announced the delivery of key component of its SCOx Web services initiative--SCOx WebFace Solution Suite 4.0--as well as the SCOsms Web Services API and SCObiz Web Services APIs. The company's SCOx direction and Web services API plans were unveiled last April. The enhanced suite and new APIs, designed to enable partners and customers to migrate legacy Unix applications to a services-oriented architecture, consists of the WebFace Browser Application Platform and WebFace Studio development platform. SCO's Web servic...

openssh for sco 5.0.5
Does anybody know the steps for the installation of openssh on OSR 505 ? Is there a special file or paremeter I have to use to install it or does ftp.sco.com has a ssh ? Thanks E.A. "Corrlens" <ask@me.later> wrote in message news:26SJd.6161$8Z1.3177@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com... > Does anybody know the steps for the installation of openssh on OSR 505 ? > Is there a special file or paremeter I have to use to install it or does > ftp.sco.com has a ssh ? > > Thanks > > E.A. > > I forgot to mention that my goal is to have sftp working, be able to transfer files to a secure ftp server on a remote location. Corrlens typed (on Wed, Jan 26, 2005 at 07:22:38PM +0000): | Does anybody know the steps for the installation of openssh on OSR 505 ? Is | there a special file or paremeter I have to use to install it or does | ftp.sco.com has a ssh ? | ftp.jpr.com/pub/openssh4osr5.tgz or ftp.jpr.com/pub/openssh4osr5.tar.bz2 -- JP "Jean-Pierre Radley" <jpr@jpr.com> wrote in message news:20050126211328.GG11013@jpradley.jpr.com... > Corrlens typed (on Wed, Jan 26, 2005 at 07:22:38PM +0000): > | Does anybody know the steps for the installation of openssh on OSR 505 > ? Is > | there a special file or paremeter I have to use to install it or does > | ftp.sco.com has a ssh ? > | > > ftp.jpr.com/pub/openssh4osr5.tgz > or > ftp.jpr.com/pub/openssh4osr5.tar.bz2 > > > -- > JP...

Web resources about - Java 1.5 on SCO 5.0.6 - comp.unix.sco.misc

Java - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the Indonesian island. For the programming language, see Java (programming language) . For other uses, see Java (disambiguation) ...

Indonesian Air Force plane crashes in residential East Java
An Indonesian Air Force plane has crashed in East Java.

Good riddance to the Java plugin
... cut down dramatically on the number of computers infected with malicious software. Good news: Oracle says the next major version of its Java ...

Contract Systems Analyst (Java//Web/SharePoint)160219/SA/vmt

Indonesian Air Force plane crashes in residential East Java
An Indonesian Air Force plane has crashed in East Java.

Botched Java patch leaves millions vulnerable to 30-month-old attack
Oracle said the flaw was fixed. Newly released exploit code shows otherwise. A botched security fix released for the Java software framework ...

Oracle issues an emergency patch to Java for Windows
Security problems are not new to Java, though it is, admittedly, not the only platform that suffers from these problems. Now Oracle has acknowledged ...

Emergency Java update fixes two-year-old flaw after researchers bypass old patch
Oracle has released an emergency Java security update to fix a critical vulnerability that could allow attackers to compromise computers when ...

Deadspin Up All Night: SPSS, HTML, Java, Flow Like Lava
Thank you for your continued support of Deadspin. Aluminum. Read more...

Oracle Dropping Java Browser PlugIn in JDK 9
Citing security and market forces as primary factors, Oracle said it will drop support for the Java browser plug-in in JDK 9.