Need help cloning drive. (UW 2.1/UW 7.1)

A little background on my problem first:
I'm working with a voice-over-IP box made by lucent, which happens to
essentially be a passive-backplane single board setup in a rackmount AT card,
running Unixware 2.1.2 from a Quantum Fireball 4.3GB single-ended SCSI drive.
Trouble is I don't know the root password. I've been round and round with it,
figuring out how to work with the drives, get them recognized, load hba
drivers, break out of installers to do all that, etc. (With a lot of helpful
advice from Tony Lawrence and Frank, thanks guys!)

At this point I have obtained a set of 7.1.3 install media, and installed it
another another drive on the SCSI bus, which I am booting from. I can see the
original drive with fstyp, prtvtoc, fsck, mount, etc, and I'm familiar with how
to edit the password file to reset the password.

Note: I have already tried to reset by booting from various 2.1.x install
disks, but they won't seem to see my HBA, so there are no devices in /dev/dsk
or /dev/rdsk besides floppy devices (things starting with f) My host adapter is
not really a particular model, but it's AIC-7880(or I think that's the chip
number)
based(SCSI is on board on the single board computer that runs the box)
Under 7.1.3 it works with the "adsl" driver.

The issue right now is that it claims the drive is corrupted and wants to do a
full fsck of the drive before allowing me to mount it, and I'm slightly
apprehensive about letting 7.1.3's fsck loose on a drive is native to 2.1.2,
especially given it being my only copy of the data.
Also, the 2.1.2 drive boots fine on its own, so I would doubt that it is
*actually* corrupted.

For reference:
fstyp -v /dev/rdsk/c0b0t1d0s1
vxfs
(so it's using vxfs)

Also, here is the result of a prtvtoc /dev/rdsk/c0b0t1d0s0
slice 0:     DISK      permissions:        VALID UNMOUNTABLE
starting sector: 63 (cyl 0)     length: 8417997 (4110.35 cyls)

slice 1:     ROOT      permissions:        VALID
starting sector: 562275 (cyl 274)     length: 3534300 (1725.73 cyls)

slice 2:     SWAP      permissions:        VALID UNMOUNTABLE
starting sector: 48195 (cyl 0)     length: 514080 (251.02 cyls)

slice 7:     BOOT      permissions:        VALID UNMOUNTABLE
starting sector: 63 (cyl 0)     length: 34 (0.02 cyls)

slice 8:     ALT SEC/TRK      permissions:        VALID UNMOUNTABLE
starting sector: 97 (cyl 0)     length: 15968 (7.80 cyls)

slice 10:     STAND      permissions:        VALID
starting sector: 16065 (cyl 7)     length: 32130 (15.69 cyls)

slice 12:     HOME      permissions:        VALID
starting sector: 4096575 (cyl 2000)     length: 4209030 (2055.19 cyls)

slice 15:     VOLPRIVATE      permissions:        VALID UNMOUNTABLE
starting sector: 8305605 (cyl 4055)     length: 16065 (.84 cyls)

When I try to mount it, it hiccups like so:
mount -F vxfs /dev/dsk/c0b0t1d0s1 /mnt
UX:vxfs mount: ERROR: /dev/dsk/c0b0t1d0s1 is corrupted. needs checking

When I try to fsck it wants to do a full one:
fsck -F vxfs /dev/dsk/c0b0t1d0s1
log replay in progress
US:vxfs fsck: ERROR file system does not contain a valid log
UX:vxfs fsck: ERROR: cannot perform log replay
full file system check required, exiting ...

-----------
My questions:

1. Will 7.1.3's fsck successfully work on a 2.1.2 drive?
2. How can I clone the drive to make a backup copy before attempting to fsck it
fully (fsck -F vxfs -o full /dev/dsk/c0b0t1d0s1) (or should I be fsck'ing it as
a raw device rather than block device?) I understand that unixware is very
picky about geometry being the same between two drives and dd will most likely
not work properly because the slices would end up in the wrong places.
Something I read mentioned using dump/restore instead, but restore doesn't seem
to be a valid command on 7.1.3. I'm prepared to buy an other identical drive
with the same geometry if I have to to make it work.

3. How can I configure the system to echo shell sessions to the COM port? It
would make it easier to cut and paste shell commands and results for anybody
trying to assist me.
4. Anybody have install CD's for 2.1.2 or 2.1.3, and how does it handle loading
HBA drivers?
5. Will any of the "Supertar" products help me copy the data from one drive to
another?

Hoping I can find a solution since I've been battling with this off and on
since late december.
Thanks in advance
-Chris

0
choaglin (11)

CHoaglin wrote:

> A little background on my problem first:

<lotsa stuff removed>

> -----------
> My questions:
>
> 1. Will 7.1.3's fsck successfully work on a 2.1.2 drive?

I don't know ...

> 2. How can I clone the drive to make a backup copy before attempting to fsck it
> fully (fsck -F vxfs -o full /dev/dsk/c0b0t1d0s1) (or should I be fsck'ing it as
> a raw device rather than block device?) I understand that unixware is very
> picky about geometry being the same between two drives and dd will most likely
> not work properly because the slices would end up in the wrong places.
> Something I read mentioned using dump/restore instead, but restore doesn't seem
> to be a valid command on 7.1.3. I'm prepared to buy an other identical drive
> with the same geometry if I have to to make it work.

dd'ing the whole drive should always work if the drives have identical
geometry. It should be safe to dd it and work on the dd'd copy not the
original.

> 3. How can I configure the system to echo shell sessions to the COM port? It
> would make it easier to cut and paste shell commands and results for anybody
> trying to assist me.

man script?

> 4. Anybody have install CD's for 2.1.2 or 2.1.3, and how does it handle loading
> HBA drivers?

I don't know ...

> 5. Will any of the "Supertar" products help me copy the data from one drive to
> another?

Almost certainly, and the Supertar vendors are very helpful so phone
them up and ask them.

--
Ian Wilson

0
scobloke2 (557)
2/12/2004 5:48:23 PM
CHoaglin wrote:

> I'm working with a voice-over-IP box made by lucent, which happens to
> essentially be a passive-backplane single board setup in a rackmount AT card,
> running Unixware 2.1.2 from a Quantum Fireball 4.3GB single-ended SCSI drive.
> Trouble is I don't know the root password. I've been round and round with it,
> figuring out how to work with the drives, get them recognized, load hba
> drivers, break out of installers to do all that, etc. (With a lot of helpful
> advice from Tony Lawrence and Frank, thanks guys!)
>
> At this point I have obtained a set of 7.1.3 install media, and installed it
> another another drive on the SCSI bus, which I am booting from. I can see the
> original drive with fstyp, prtvtoc, fsck, mount, etc, and I'm familiar with how
> to edit the password file to reset the password.
>
> Note: I have already tried to reset by booting from various 2.1.x install
> disks, but they won't seem to see my HBA, so there are no devices in /dev/dsk
> or /dev/rdsk besides floppy devices (things starting with f) My host adapter is
> not really a particular model, but it's AIC-7880(or I think that's the chip
> number)
> based(SCSI is on board on the single board computer that runs the box)
> Under 7.1.3 it works with the "adsl" driver.
>
> The issue right now is that it claims the drive is corrupted and wants to do a
> full fsck of the drive before allowing me to mount it, and I'm slightly
> apprehensive about letting 7.1.3's fsck loose on a drive is native to 2.1.2,
> especially given it being my only copy of the data.
> Also, the 2.1.2 drive boots fine on its own, so I would doubt that it is
> *actually* corrupted.

> When I try to mount it, it hiccups like so:
> mount -F vxfs /dev/dsk/c0b0t1d0s1 /mnt
> UX:vxfs mount: ERROR: /dev/dsk/c0b0t1d0s1 is corrupted. needs checking
>
> When I try to fsck it wants to do a full one:
> fsck -F vxfs /dev/dsk/c0b0t1d0s1
> log replay in progress
> US:vxfs fsck: ERROR file system does not contain a valid log
> UX:vxfs fsck: ERROR: cannot perform log replay
> full file system check required, exiting ...
>
> -----------
> My questions:
>
> 1. Will 7.1.3's fsck successfully work on a 2.1.2 drive?

Chances are it would, but you don't want to take chances here.

SCO OpenServer, in this situation, will allow you to mount the
filesystem read-only without running `fsck`.  Try that: `mount -r -F vxfs
....` -- does it go through?  If so, now you can make a backup using a
supertar or regular tar/cpio.

> 2. How can I clone the drive to make a backup copy before attempting to fsck it
> fully (fsck -F vxfs -o full /dev/dsk/c0b0t1d0s1) (or should I be fsck'ing it as
> a raw device rather than block device?) I understand that unixware is very
> picky about geometry being the same between two drives and dd will most likely
> not work properly because the slices would end up in the wrong places.

I started to write an answer heading for a goal of getting all the files
extracted off the box.  Then I realized that wasn't what you wanted at
all -- you want to change the root password without disturbing the
existing, working system.  Right?

Well, here are some things you can try.  There should be enough hints
here for you to get things to work.  I can't give you an actual step by
step program to follow, you need to put it together with your wits,
trial and error.

Geometry shouldn't be an issue at the slice level.  UW713 recognizes the
contents of the root slice as a VxFS, so it's clearly found the right
start block.  To take advantage: dd the entire root slice into a file.
(While you're doing that, you should probably make dd images of the
other slices as well, for safe keeping.  The /home slice is over 2GB,
which could be an issue if you don't have a filesystem on the UW713 box
with large files enabled.  But it's only a little over 2GB, so you can
just compress it on the way in, something like `dd if=/dev/[slicename] |
compress > /save/UW212-home.Z`)

Now, on a new trashable disk, set up a UW7 partition with a mountable
slice at least as big as the one you're trying to get into.  Make sure
that slice is not mounted, then dd the root slice image onto it.  (You
could do this directly, slice to slice, but you want to keep a safe copy
of the original anyway; having it in a file as well as on the original
disk adds safety.)

As long as the target slice is larger than the source, things should be
fine.  The filesystem isn't going to care about living in a larger box.

Once it's all dd'd, now you can experiment with fsck'ing the copy.
Suppose that succeeds and you can now mount the filesystem.  Now you
should be able to modify the password files to get you in as root.  If
you're satisfied that you've done all that correctly, now you can
unmount the root-copy slice and dd it back over the original root slice
(making sure to copy only the original size).  By doing this you're
destroying the original, so now you want to be especially sure you have
that file copy in a safe place.

Then you boot from the (rewritten) UW212 root slice, see if it's still
happy with itself.  If not, you boot UW7 again and dd the original
(unmodified) root slice image back onto the disk.  Here's where it might
turn out to be important that you have copied of all the slices.  If the
UW713 `fsck` _does_ cause a problem, the modified system could crash
hard, in a way that damages the other filesystems.  This seems very
unlikely, but you shouldn't risk it.

Where I talk about using slices on a trashable disk, you could also use
the marry(1M) command.  This makes a regular file into a block device,
thus allowing you to mount it.  If you do it this way, remember that you
should still copy the data.  You'll want a sequence like:

  dd if=/dev/[old-root-slice] of=/save/UW212-root
  dd if=/dev/[old-home-slice] of=/save/UW212-home
  ... save other slices ...
  cp /save/UW212-root /save/UW212-root.unmodified   # important backup copy!
  marry -a /save/UW212-root
  fsck -F vxfs -o full /dev/marry/save/UW212-root
  mount -F vxfs /dev/marry/save/UW212-root /mnt
  ... fix root password ...
  umount /mnt
  dd if=/save/UW212-root of=/dev/[old-root-slice]
  ... reboot from UW212 root ...
  ... if that no longer boots:
      ... reboot UW713 root ...
      dd if=/save/UW212-root.unmodified of=/dev/[old-root-slice]
      ... reboot from UW212 root ...
      ... if still problems:
          ... reboot UW713 root ...
          dd if=/save/UW212-home.unmodified of=/dev/[old-home-slice]
          ... restore other slices ...
          ... reboot from UW212 root ...

Good luck,

>Bela<
0
belal (357)

Help..trying to fsck/mount/recover/clone UW 2.1.2 drive in UW7.1.3
Hopefully that subject line got somebody's attention : ) A little background on my problem first: I'm working with a voice-over-IP box made by lucent, which happens to essentially be a passive-backplane single board setup in a rackmount AT card, running Unixware 2.1.2 from a Quantum Fireball 4.3GB single-ended SCSI drive. Trouble is I don't know the root password. I've been round and round with it, figuring out how to work with the drives, get them recognized, load hba drivers, break out of installers to do all that, etc. (With a lot of helpful advice from Tony Lawrence and Frank, thanks guys!) At this point I have obtained a set of 7.1.3 install media, and installed it another another drive on the SCSI bus, which I am booting from. I can see the original drive with fstyp, prtvtoc, fsck, mount, etc, and I'm familiar with how to edit the password file to reset the password. Note: I have already tried to reset by booting from various 2.1.x install disks, but they won't seem to see my HBA, so there are no devices in /dev/dsk or /dev/rdsk besides floppy devices (things starting with f) My host adapter is not really a particular model, but it's AIC-7880(or I think that's the chip number) based(SCSI is on board on the single board computer that runs the box) Under 7.1.3 it works with the "adsl" driver. The issue right now is that it claims the drive is corrupted and wants to do a full fsck of the drive before allowing me to mount i...

Help construct a tree 1 -> 1.1 -> 1.2 -> 2 -> 2.1 -> 2.1.1 etc HELP !!!!!!!
Folks I need help. I have a view or(Text file) as follows: '1 2.1 1.1.1 1.1.1.1 2.2.1 1.3 2 Dim Parent() As String Dim Level1() As String Dim Level2() As String Dim Level3() As String etc .. How can I construct a tree. parent, children, grand children etc... and also figure out # of children # of grand children etc Thanks "Mos" <lndebug@gmail.com> wrote in message news:875cd1df-7605-45ab-9f7b-f1edec25d47b@r34g2000vbi.googlegroups.com... > Folks I need help. I have a view or(Text file) as follows: > > '1 > 2.1 > 1.1.1 > 1....

Borland Guru's I need help I have a text file as follows: 1 2 1.1 1.1.1 3.3 2.3 etc I cannot use a control active x tree I need to read this file and 1 is a parent 1.1 is a child of parent 1 and 2 is a parent 2.3 is a child of parent 2 and construct in search a way using arrays or probably a recursive function No xml parsing just read a file. Does any body have a function "Mos" <lndebug@gmail.com> wrote in message news:c1aaeb20-3c1f-408d-9986-bb8d28a87509@s31g2000vbp.googlegroups.com... > I have a text file as follows: > 1 > 2 > 1.1 >...

Help construct a tree 1 -> 1.1 -> 1.2 -> 2 -> 2.1 -> 2.1.1 etc HELP !!!!!!!
Folks I need help. I have a view or(Text file) as follows: '1 2.1 1.1.1 1.1.1.1 2.2.1 1.3 2 Dim Parent() As String Dim Level1() As String Dim Level2() As String Dim Level3() As String etc .. How can I construct a tree. parent, children, grand children etc... and also figure out # of children # of grand children etc Thanks "Mos" <lndebug@gmail.com> wrote in message news:875cd1df-7605-45ab-9f7b-f1edec25d47b@r34g2000vbi.googlegroups.com... > Folks I need help. I have a view or(Text file) as follows: > > '1 > 2.1 > 1.1.1 > 1....

Giving away: Unixware 7.1.0, 7.1.1, 7.1.2 and 7.1.3 media, SDK and updates
I'm cleaning-up and need to give away or throw-out all my unixware media: 7.1.0 - 7.1.3, the software development kit and updates. I've already sold-off the licenses so this is the media only! Please respond to ftarz@mindspring.com if you are interested. You pay the shipping of your choice. ...

UW 7.1.1 and HPJetdirect
I have been trying to configure an HP Jetdirect print server on a UW 7.1.1 machine. I get output on the printer but it is stair stepped and I can't get rid of the banner. The banner is not a regular one but comes after the print job and looks like the arguments to lp. Changing the interface file in /etc/lp/interfaces/<printername> seems to have no effect. In fact, removing the interface does not even change things. Thanks... Ralph McElmurry wrote: > > I have been trying to configure an HP Jetdirect print server on a UW > 7.1.1 machine. I get output on the p...

Audit of Unixware 2.1.3 and SCO 5.7.1.1 machines
Hi, I'm trying to perform an Audit of several Unixware 2.1.3 and SCO 5.7.1.1 (yes, really!) and I need to get the commands to grab all the info about the systems. This is things like number of disk controllers, disks, size of disks, amount of memory, CPUs, software installed, NICs, tape drives, volume groups (if approprate). Is there a bunch of commands somewhere that I can use to get all this info. I've been googling around, and looking through this group for some of the morning but I'm not having much luck. Have got all the commands / scripts for AIX, Solaris and HP-UX but not for SCO. Many thanks, Steve Button On 2 Aug 2005 04:06:58 -0700, "Steve Button" <steve0504@pointers-uk.net> wrote: >Hi, > >I'm trying to perform an Audit of several Unixware 2.1.3 and SCO >5.7.1.1 (yes, really!) and I need to get the commands to grab all the >info about the systems. This is things like number of disk controllers, >disks, size of disks, amount of memory, CPUs, software installed, NICs, >tape drives, volume groups (if approprate). > >Is there a bunch of commands somewhere that I can use to get all this >info. I've been googling around, and looking through this group for >some of the morning but I'm not having much luck. > Is version 5.7.1.1 UnixWare 7.1.1? I've never seen Unixware in any form, but on SCO OpenServer there is a command called "hw" which will detail most if not all of what y...

Re: Audit of Unixware 2.1.3 and SCO 5.7.1.1 machines (fwd)
On Tue, 2 Aug 2005, Steve Button wrote: > I'm trying to perform an Audit of several Unixware 2.1.3 and SCO > 5.7.1.1 (yes, really!) and I need to get the commands to grab all the > info about the systems. This is things like number of disk controllers, > disks, size of disks, amount of memory, CPUs, software installed, NICs, > tape drives, volume groups (if approprate). > > Is there a bunch of commands somewhere that I can use to get all this > info. I've been googling around, and looking through this group for > some of the morning but I'm not having much luck. > > Have got all the commands / scripts for AIX, Solaris and HP-UX but not > for SCO. Take a look at the UnixWare 7 FAQ at http://www.zenez.com/cgi-bin/ou8faq/faq How do I document my UW 7 System? (HW, SW...) http://www.zenez.com/tmp/ou8faqz/cache/248.html Good Luck, -- Boyd Gerber <gerberb@zenez.com> ZENEZ 1042 East Fort Union #135, Midvale Utah 84047 ...

1.1.1.1 ?
hi my firewall logs dropped packets from an internal IP address trying to contact 1.1.1.1 through port 9999. Any ideas whether 1.1.1.1 is valid IP? and what is port 9999?? thanks mike wrote: > hi > > my firewall logs dropped packets from an internal IP address trying to > contact 1.1.1.1 through port 9999. Any ideas whether 1.1.1.1 is valid > IP? and what is port 9999?? > thanks These trojans *BlitzNet*, *Backdoor.Oracle*, *Backdoor.Spadeace* uses port 9999 -- S.S. "StarScripter" <Star@privacy.net> wrote in message news:<bv8ejj$p54t3$1@ID-185702.news.uni-berlin.de>... > mike wrote: > > hi > > > > my firewall logs dropped packets from an internal IP address trying to > > contact 1.1.1.1 through port 9999. Any ideas whether 1.1.1.1 is valid > > IP? and what is port 9999?? > > thanks > > These trojans *BlitzNet*, *Backdoor.Oracle*, *Backdoor.Spadeace* uses port > 9999 thanks very much..will check it out ...

SQLObject 2.1.1 and 1.7.4
Hello! I'm pleased to announce minor bugfix releases 2.1.1 and 1.7.4. What's new in SQLObject ======================= * Minor fix in PostgresConnection: close the cursor and connection in _createOrDropDatabase even after an error. Contributor for this release is Gregor Horvath. For a more complete list, please see the news: http://sqlobject.org/News.html What is SQLObject ================= SQLObject is an object-relational mapper. Your database tables are described as classes, and rows are instances of those classes. SQLObject is meant to be easy to u...

SQLObject 2.1.1 and 1.7.4
Hello! I'm pleased to announce minor bugfix releases 2.1.1 and 1.7.4. What's new in SQLObject ======================= * Minor fix in PostgresConnection: close the cursor and connection in _createOrDropDatabase even after an error. Contributor for this release is Gregor Horvath. For a more complete list, please see the news: http://sqlobject.org/News.html What is SQLObject ================= SQLObject is an object-relational mapper. Your database tables are described as classes, and rows are instances of those classes. SQLObject is meant to be easy to u...

LaTex equation numbering like 2.1, 2.2, also 2.0.1, 2.0,2, 2.1.1, etc
David Roach wrote: > Is there a simple command to have latex number > the equations by the section numbers automatically. > > David From the LaTeX Companion (what a wonderful book!) %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% % number equations within sections % In preamble \makeatletter \@addtoreset{equation}{section} \makeatother \renewcommand{\theequation}{\thesection.\arabic{equation}} %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% Numbers within sections...I use this all the time in articles. Even works with ******************* ******************* Brilliant. And then I got numbering within subsections by repeating and editing (not replacing), so I now have:- (Just after the documentClass command) \makeatletter \@addtoreset{equation}{section} \makeatother \renewcommand{\theequation}{\thesection.\arabic{equation}} \makeatletter \@addtoreset{equation}{subsection} \makeatother \renewcommand{\theequation}{\thesubsection.\arabic{equation}} Bob Bob Marlow schrieb: > David Roach wrote: > >> Is there a simple command to have latex number >> the equations by the section numbers automatically. >> >> David > > From the LaTeX Companion (what a wonderful book!) > > %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% > > % number equations within sections > % In preamble > > \makeatletter > \@addtoreset{equation}{section} > \makeatother > \renewcommand{\theequation}{\thesection.\arabic{equation}} > > %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% [more code] > Hi! I th...

cisco ASA 5520 crashes with 7.1(2) and 7.2(1)
Hello, I recently installed a cisco ASA 5520 with an IPS module. I have tried with 7.1(2) and now upgraded to 7.2(1). What happens is that the firewall works fine for a short amount of time, and then reboots itself. The time can be anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour. I had to take it out of service and put in our old firewall (a 525). Just before the ASA5520 reboots itself, it dumps its configuration to the screen, and then is followed by several lines of "not enough memory to perform show command" - then the unit reboots. During the time that it is up, it functions normally ...

[1 1 1 1 1 ;2 2 2 2 2 ;3 3 3 3 3 3;....;n n n n n]
Hi, Anybody knows how to create this matrix but without using any loops? a=[1 1 1 1 1 ;2 2 2 2 2 ;3 3 3 3 3 ;.......;n n n n n ] Thank you. Hana. Hana wrote: > Hi, > Anybody knows how to create this matrix but without using any loops? > a=[1 1 1 1 1 ;2 2 2 2 2 ;3 3 3 3 3 ;.......;n n n n n ] HELP REPMAT - Randy Hana wrote: > > > Hi, > Anybody knows how to create this matrix but without using any > loops? > a=[1 1 1 1 1 ;2 2 2 2 2 ;3 3 3 3 3 ;.......;n n n n n ] > > Thank you. > Hana. Hope this isn't homework. >> repmat([1:n]'...

How can I convert from 8.2.1 to 7.1.1?
&nbsp;I would like to convert the following files from 8.2.1 to 7.1.1.&nbsp; Is this possible without just having someone else do it inside 8.2?&nbsp; If not, then can someone please convert them for me?&nbsp; They are listed in order of most needed.&nbsp; Thanks for the help. Single_Temp_RampPID_Ver1.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/317838/1/Single_Temp_RampPID_Ver1.vi PiezomotorControl version2.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/317838/2/PiezomotorControl version2.vi PiezomotorControl.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/317838/3/PiezomotorControl.vi Somebody needs to to the 8.0 to 7.1 conversion inside 8.0. Here's my attempt, see if they work. &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Piezo71.zip: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/317842/1/Piezo71.zip Thanks a bunch. I really appreciate it.&nbsp; Cheers, Sean ...

how to "(1-3*x^2)/(1-3*x+x^2+2*x^3) => 1/(1-2*x) + x/(1-x-x^2)"?
hi normal(1/(1-2*x) + x/ (1-x-x^2),expanded); 1/(1-2*x) + x/(1-x-x^2) => (1-3*x^2)/(1-3*x+x^2+2*x^3) how to do the reverse? dillogimp@gmail.com writes: > normal(1/(1-2*x) + x/ (1-x-x^2),expanded); > 1/(1-2*x) + x/(1-x-x^2) => (1-3*x^2)/(1-3*x+x^2+2*x^3) > how to do the reverse? convert(%,parfrac,x); -- Joe Riel ...

SQLObject 2.1.2 and 1.7.5
Hello! I'm pleased to announce versions 2.1.2 and 1.7.5, minor feature releases of of SQLObject. What's new in SQLObject ======================= * Use fdb adapter for Firebird. Contributor for this release is Neil Muller. For a more complete list, please see the news: http://sqlobject.org/News.html What is SQLObject ================= SQLObject is an object-relational mapper. Your database tables are described as classes, and rows are instances of those classes. SQLObject is meant to be easy to use and quick to get started with. SQLObject supports a number of backends: MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite, Firebird, Sybase, MSSQL and MaxDB (also known as SAPDB). Python 2.6 or 2.7 is required. Where is SQLObject ================== Site: http://sqlobject.org Development: http://sqlobject.org/devel/ Mailing list: https://lists.sourceforge.net/mailman/listinfo/sqlobject-discuss Archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.sqlobject Download: https://pypi.python.org/pypi/SQLObject/2.1.2 https://pypi.python.org/pypi/SQLObject/1.7.5 News and changes: http://sqlobject.org/News.html Oleg. -- Oleg Broytman http://phdru.name/ phd@phdru.name Programmers don't die, they just GOSUB without RETURN. ...

Runtime 7.1 and Runtime 7.1.1
Hi,all &nbsp; I wrote VI sequencer that can run different VI's. I was built this sequencer to exe in LabVIEW&nbsp;7.1.1 and it work as executable and run VI's in run-time engine 7.1.1 Now i have some VI that was wrote in LabVIEW 7.1 and executable can't run it, because VI opened with error: &nbsp; "VI has an error of type A340. Full development version of LabVIEW is required for fix the errors" &nbsp; But when i open this VI in LabVIEW 7.1.1 it hasn't errors and only it opened as changed VI (with star) because there is different LV version. &nbsp;...

Need Help for integrating Tomcat 4.1 and Eclipse 3.1.2
Hi, I have a simple question, I need some help to install either SYSDEO or LOMBOZ in Eclipse. I have try to work with SYSDEO but my Struts project wasn't able to be deploy in the webapp folder of tomcat... Do I need to deploy myself the war inside the webapp folder, Tomcat was able to be run and stopped but I could get the struts application deployed... With Lomboz, nothing works... Is there a good tutorial about one of the plugin that will work for sure?? Thanks Etienne Paris Hi Etienne, without an error message or something like that, one cannot really know, what went wrong. What is written in your console and logfiles? i know, that this was working for me with Tomcat 4 and Eclipse 3.01. But i am not sure for 3.1 What you could also do (this is what we do) is to run ant and deploy your webapp with ant (or maven). then you have more control about the deployment and can be really sure, that after a clean and redeploy all your classes are really the current ones HTH. rgds. Alex etienno@gmail.com schrieb: > Hi, > > I have a simple question, I need some help to install either SYSDEO or > LOMBOZ in Eclipse. I have try to work with SYSDEO but my Struts > project wasn't able to be deploy in the webapp folder of tomcat... Do I > need to deploy myself the war inside the webapp folder, Tomcat was able > to be run and stopped but I could get the struts application > deployed... > > With Lomboz, nothing works... Is there a good ...

Farcry patches
Well, does it? Or does 1.2 include the fixes from 1.1? (Just acquired the game i.e. v1.0) Sry, never mind, just read patch 1.2 has been withdrawn by UBI due to problems. 1.1 it is then. :) <doug.drodskie@eskom.co.za> wrote in message news:cfq7kd$1d7n$1@newsreader02.ops.uunet.co.za... > Well, does it? > > Or does 1.2 include the fixes from 1.1? > > (Just acquired the game i.e. v1.0) > > > Sry, never mind, just read patch 1.2 has been withdrawn by UBI due to > problems. > > 1.1 it is then. :) Funny, because many online servers are running 1.2. Most even. Though I've noticed a few have reverted back to 1.1. What were the problems? The only one I've noticed is the binoculars stopped working properly. > What were the problems? The only one I've noticed is the binoculars > stopped > working properly. I'm running 1.2 just for the single-player game, as it has the shader30 speedups for the 6800 cards. 1600x1200 veryhigh looks great! rms i havent noticed any problems, in fact the game crashes less now, i think the patch has improved things > i havent noticed any problems, in fact the game crashes less now, i think > the patch has improved things > Yeah I found the patch added and improved many things, especially frame-rate - it did crash the first time i loaded the game, but I think that was because i tried a saved game instead of starting a new game. Can anyone else play saved...

Help: Transcend 7 in 1 Card Reader (USB 2) on Mandrake 9.1
I plug it in, it gets found, but I can't mount my Compact Flash card. I tried rmmod usb-storage after unplugging the device but no good. The error logs say that the device is not ready. The damn thing works in Windoze 98 (after loading the drivers) Help please. ....Lyall ...

6 Consultants available immediately ( 2 QA, 1 Java, 1 SIebel, 1 C++/Unix, 1 Network Engineer)
Contact : Sudin DIrect : 402 218 2185 Email : sudin@kraftware.com Hi All, Let me present you with list of consultants currently available. Name / Job Title Summary Ramchandran/Java =B7 7+ years experience in the field of Software Development. =B7 Expertise in full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) =B7 Expertise in J2EE architecture and application development using Java, JSP, Servlet, JDBC, XML, MVC, Struts, Websphere, Weblogic. =B7 Expertise Weblogic portal =B7 Expertise in development of Distributed Components Architecture using J2EE, 3-tiered systems design and development =B7 Expertise in RDBMS concepts like triggers cursor, run stats with extensive working knowledge of databases Oracle, and SQL Server. =B7 Expertise in Object oriented design and development process using UML and design patterns. =B7 Expertise in Java, JSP, Java Beans, XML, XSLT. =B7 Database designing, PL/SQL programming. Working with PL/SQL scripts, SQL, Writing stored procedures. etc. =B7 Expertise in Oracle 9,8.i/7.1, and SQL Server 6.5 / 7.0 / 2000 Kahild Ansari/C,C++,UNIX =B7 Proven record of 7 years of total IT experience.Experience includes roles as Designer, Developer, Tester & Implementer. Master in C/C++/ UNIX with good knowledge of Shell & Perl scripting. Sufficient exposure on Network programming using Berkeley Sockets, IPC, Shared Memory and POSIX Multithread Programming. Worked on Java ,Orcale/SQL as well. =B7 Career path includes success...

C.7.6.3.1.4 Pixel Data and C.7.6.2.1.1 Image Position And Image Orientation
Dear All, How should I reconcile the definitions of image coordinates in the "Pixel Data" and "Image Position and Image Orientation" sections of the 2009 DICOM standard? "Pixel Data" says that the pixels are labelled: (1,1) (1,2) (1,3) (1,4) etc. (2,1) (2,2) (2,3) (2,4) etc. etc. i.e. (row starting at 1, column starting at 1) But the formula on the "Image Position And Image Orientation" section it say is said to determine "The mapping of pixel location (i, j)" but WHERE i Column index to the image plane. The first column is index zero. and j Row index to the image plane. The first row index is zero. Should the image data be considered to be indexed from 0 or from 1? Should the pixel coordinates (i,j) be (row, col) or (col, row)? Many thanks, Dr Chris Rodgers University of Oxford. -- QUOTE from the standard -- ftp://medical.nema.org/medical/dicom/2009/09_03pu3.pdf C.7.6.3.1.4 Pixel Data Pixel Data (7FE0,0010) for this image. The order of pixels sent for each image plane is left to right, top to bottom, i.e., the upper left pixel (labeled 1,1) is sent first followed by the remainder of row 1, followed by the first pixel of row 2 (labeled 2,1) then the remainder of row 2 and so on. For multi-plane images see Planar Configuration (0028,0006) in this Section. C.7.6.2.1.1 Image Position And Image Orientation .... The Image Plane Attributes, in conjunction with...

Xerces 2.4 to 2.7 & Xalan 1.7 to 1.9 Upgrade on HP-UX 11i
Upgrading Xalan from 1.7 to 1.9 and Xerces from 2.4 to 2.7 on HP-UX 11i. I am using aCC: HP ANSI C++ B3910B A.03.63. Getting the following error during compilation. /usr/ccs/bin/ld: Unsatisfied symbols: xalanc_1_9::XPathEvaluator::XPathEvaluator(xercesc_2_7::MemoryManager &)%1 (first referenced in ./libXMLayer.a(XMResponseParser.o)) (code) xalanc_1_9::XalanDOMString::XalanDOMString(const char *,xercesc_2_7::MemoryManager &,unsigned int)%1 (first referenced in ../libXMLayer.a(XMResponseParser.o)) (code) xalanc_1_9::XalanDocumentPrefixResolver::XalanDocumentPrefixResolver(const xalanc_1_9::XalanDocument *,const xalanc_1_9::XalanDOMString &,xercesc_2_7::MemoryManager &)%1 (first referenced in ../libXMLayer.a(XMResponseParser.o)) (code) xalanc_1_9::XalanDOMString::XalanDOMString(xercesc_2_7::MemoryManager &)%1 (first referenced in ./libXMLayer.a(XMResponseParser.o)) (code) xalanc_1_9::XalanSourceTreeParserLiaison::XalanSourceTreeParserLiaison(xalanc_1_9::XalanSourceTreeDOMSupport &,xercesc_2_7::MemoryManager &)%1 (first referenced in ../libXMLayer.a(XMResponseParser.o)) (code) xalanc_1_9::XalanSourceTreeParserLiaison::parseXMLStream(const xercesc_2_7::InputSource &,const xalanc_1_9::XalanDOMString &) (first referenced in ./libXMLayer.a(XMResponseParser.o)) (code) xalanc_1_9::XalanSourceTreeInit::XalanSourceTreeInit(xercesc_2_7::MemoryManager &)%1 (first referenced in ./libXMLayer.a(XMResponseParser.o)) (code) static xalanc_1...

Web resources about - Need help cloning drive. (UW 2.1/UW 7.1) - comp.unix.sco.misc

Cloning - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For the cloning of human beings, see Human cloning . For other uses, see Cloning (disambiguation) . In biology, cloning is the process of producing ...

Inside My Secret Cloning Chamber - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
I would love to have a mad scientist lab that is only accessible via a retinal scan and a special dance. Inside I would have all kinds of fabulous ...

Cloning pets is a lucrative business for South Korea's Sooam Biotech
When their dog died, the British couple were devastated. So they had his tissue cloned in South Korea.

China to solve future food shortage by cloning cows in 2016
Commercial cloning facility expected to produce 1 million head of cattle per year by 2020, the same amount of live beef China currently imports ...

South Korean dog cloning company will reward puppy love ... and writing skills
A DOG cloning company has launched a competition to reward a dog-owner with a genetic copy of their beloved booch.

Scientists use cloning to make stem cells matched to two adults
Scientists have replicated one of the most significant accomplishments in stem cell research by creating human embryos that were clones of two ...

Thinking outside the egg, scientists propose interspecies cloning
It was nearly a decade ago that Jose Cibelli plugged his own DNA into a cow's egg in a novel cloning attempt that was condemned as unethical ...

Perth Theatre down to a science with aliens and cloning on the way
April 11 - July 13 The Perth Theatre Company has announced its 2013 season, with a series of three works: the UK originated play A Number , ...

Zynga exec backtracks on game cloning statements
Dan Porter argues his words have been misrepresented

Woolly mammoth cloning 1 step closer thanks to genome research
Scientists are one step closer to bringing the woolly mammoth back from extinction, after uncovering almost the entire genomes of two mammoths. ...