Openserver 6.0.0... stty min 0 not acting the same as prior Openserver releases?

Hi there,

We receive continuous data from an external device through serial
ports.
Periodically we flush the port's buffer to get fresh data.  As well,
with other devices we capture the data using cat with the min set to 0
so we don't hang.

On our prior systems 5.0.7, 5.0.6, 5.0.5 we'd set the serial port's min
to 0 and then cat the port out to /dev/null to dump any buffered data
and then set the min back to 1.

stty min 0 < /dev/ttya01
cat /dev/ttya01 >/dev/null
stty min 1 < /dev/ttya01

Using 6.0.0 min 0 isn't releasing the cat command as it did in prior
Openserver releases, causing my programs to hang.

My old server (running SCO 5.0.6) port settings AFTER setting min 0

speed 9600 baud;   ispeed 9600 baud;   ospeed 9600 baud;   line =
0(tty);
intr = DEL; quit = ^\; erase = ^H; kill = ^U; eof = ^@; eol = ^@;
swtch = <undef>; susp = <undef>; start = ^Q; stop = ^S;
-parenb -parodd cs8 -cstopb hupcl cread -clocal -loblk
-ortsfl -ctsflow -rtsflow
-ignbrk -brkint -ignpar -parmrk -inpck -istrip -inlcr -igncr -icrnl
-iuclc
-ixon -ixany -ixoff
-isig -icanon min = 0 time = 0 -xcase -echo -echoe -echok -echonl
-noflsh
-iexten -tostop -xclude
-opost -olcuc -onlcr -ocrnl -onocr -onlret -ofill -ofdel
-isscancode
-autoe -ed_emacs -ed_vi -ed_history

My new server (running SCO 6.0.0) port settings AFTER setting min 0

speed 9600 baud;
min = 0; time = 0;
intr = DEL; quit = ^|; erase = ^h; kill = ^u;
start = ^q; stop = ^s; susp = ^z; dsusp = <undef>;
rprnt = ^r; flush = ^o; werase = ^w; lnext = ^v;
-parenb -parodd -parext cs8 -cstopb hupcl cread -clocal -loblk
-ignbrk -brkint -inpck -ignpar -parmrk -istrip -inlcr -igncr -icrnl
-iuclc
-ixon -ixany -ixoff -imaxbel
-opost -olcuc -onlcr -ocrnl -onocr -onlret -ofill -ofdel
-isig -icanon -xcase -echo -echoe -echok -echonl -noflsh
-tostop -echoctl -echoprt -echoke -defecho -flusho -pendin -iexten
-rtsxoff -ctsxon -dtrxoff -cdxon -isxoff xcibrg rcibrg tsetcoff
rsetcoff
-isscancode -xscancode

The only thing I can think of is the eof setting is undefined for 6.0.0
and it's ^@ in the 5.0.6 example above.  I've tried setting it as a
null, but it just comes back as undefined.

Does anyone have any ideas what I can try?

Thanks for your help,
Don.

0
foz_67 (28)

In article <1145890304.271748.245430@v46g2000cwv.googlegroups.com>,
foz_67 <foz_67@hotmail.com> wrote:
>We receive continuous data from an external device through serial
>ports.
>Periodically we flush the port's buffer to get fresh data.  As well,
>with other devices we capture the data using cat with the min set to 0
>so we don't hang.
>
>On our prior systems 5.0.7, 5.0.6, 5.0.5 we'd set the serial port's min
>to 0 and then cat the port out to /dev/null to dump any buffered data
>and then set the min back to 1.
>
>stty min 0 < /dev/ttya01
>cat /dev/ttya01 >/dev/null
>stty min 1 < /dev/ttya01
>
>Using 6.0.0 min 0 isn't releasing the cat command as it did in prior
>Openserver releases, causing my programs to hang.

>The only thing I can think of is the eof setting is undefined for 6.0.0
>and it's ^@ in the 5.0.6 example above.  I've tried setting it as a
>null, but it just comes back as undefined.

eof has no meaning in non-canonical mode.

This works correctly, at least for standard serial ports, under 6.0.0.
Note that the termio settings are lost when the port is closed, as it is in
between your first stty and the following cat, unless something else is holding
the port open.  Since you report the termio settings as 'min = 0; time = 0',
presumably something else is indeed holding the port open.  Still, try
explicitly holding the device open between the stty and the cat:

{ stty -icanon min 0 time 0; cat; } < /dev/ttya01

Also, try it on a standard serial port, if you have one:

{ stty -icanon min 0 time 0; cat; } < /dev/tty1a

Finally, check to see that the cat is actually waiting in read:

truss cat /dev/ttya01 >/dev/null

If you let that sit for a moment after it hangs, it should (if the problem is
as it appears) print a final line like:

read(0, 0x080439D8, 16384)      (sleeping...)

If it turns out that this is a result of a bug in the driver for your multiport
board, you may need to write a dump utility that opens the device with
O_NDELAY, so that a read will not block.  To test whether that would help, you
could use this:

ftp://ftp.armory.com/pub/scobins/flopen (binary)
ftp://ftp.armory.com/pub/source/flopen.tar.gz (source)

flopen -qN -u0 /dev/ttya01 cat

	John
--
John DuBois  spcecdt@armory.com  KC6QKZ/AE  http://www.armory.com/~spcecdt/
0

Thanks for responding to my problem!

We're using Digi Xem Acceleports so I'm using the following command to
keep the port open so I can set it...
ditty -n /dev/ttya01 printer

I tried your suggestion of keeping the port open by using the
following...
{ stty -icanon min 0 time 0; cat; } < /dev/ttya01
This didn't work either.

Then I tried tty1a... I can't run ditty on it as it's not a digiboard
port, so I tried your advice with the following...
{ stty -icanon min 0 time 0; cat; } < /dev/tty1a
This actually wouldn't hold the port open and just put me back to the
command line when I run it.  Not sure why though.  I do have a modem
hooked up to it and I'm testing this remotely (Over a network, not
through the modem) so I couldn't unhook the modem in case that was the
issue there.  This is a dial out port only, so it's disabled.

If I enable tty1a, I can then use the above command to keep the port
open.
Then when I "cat /dev/tty1a > /dev/null" it does not hang and does
return me to the command line.

So I'm not sure why I couldn't hold the tty1a port open when it's
disabled with your command, but being that it seems to work when I have
it enabled, that would lead me to believe that it must be a bug in the
Digi driver as you suggested.

If I run "truss cat /dev/ttya01 > /dev/null" it does return the
following line...
read(3, 0x08043D20, 16384)      (sleeping...)

I then tried your "flopen -qN -u0 /dev/ttya01 cat" command and it
returned me to the command line.
I'm trying to understand what it's trying to do.  Are you saying the
cat command is waiting for a read and this will make it not wait for
the read by using O_NDELAY?

I'll be testing further this weekend with some devices but wanted to
stress my thanks you for your help as soon as possible.

Thanks again,
Don.

0
foz_67 (28)
4/29/2006 3:03:05 AM
Hi John,

In the past if I have a serial device that just sends data to my Digi
serial port, I would set min to 0 and then cat the port to grab the
data and then because min was 0 it would release me to the command
line.

Is there a way to use flopen to let me capture the data that's buffered
and then release me back to the command line?

Thanks again.
Don.

0
foz_67 (28)
4/29/2006 6:27:33 PM
In article <1146279785.679448.98340@i39g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
foz_67 <foz_67@hotmail.com> wrote:
>We're using Digi Xem Acceleports so I'm using the following command to
>keep the port open so I can set it...
>ditty -n /dev/ttya01 printer
>
>I tried your suggestion of keeping the port open by using the
>following...
>{ stty -icanon min 0 time 0; cat; } < /dev/ttya01
>This didn't work either.

Didn't work in the sense that it hung?

>Then I tried tty1a... I can't run ditty on it as it's not a digiboard
>port, so I tried your advice with the following...
>{ stty -icanon min 0 time 0; cat; } < /dev/tty1a
>This actually wouldn't hold the port open and just put me back to the
>command line when I run it.

It should return you to the prompt, just as the ditty & cat command you used
under OSR5 did.  It's a test for whether you see the correct behavior on your
system.  It sets the termio parameters and then, without closing the port,
runs the cat that would dump buffered data (though in the case of a standard
serial port, nothing will be buffered when the port isn't open anyway).

>If I run "truss cat /dev/ttya01 > /dev/null" it does return the
>following line...
>read(3, 0x08043D20, 16384)      (sleeping...)

Sure looks like it's not treating min 0 time 0 correctly...

>I then tried your "flopen -qN -u0 /dev/ttya01 cat" command and it
>returned me to the command line.
>I'm trying to understand what it's trying to do.  Are you saying the
>cat command is waiting for a read and this will make it not wait for
>the read by using O_NDELAY?

Yes, that's correct.  By opening the port with O_NDELAY, the driver should
return from read immediately if there is nothing to read, and a return from
read without any data will be treated as an EOF, causing cat to exit.

	John
--
John DuBois  spcecdt@armory.com  KC6QKZ/AE  http://www.armory.com/~spcecdt/
0
spcecdt2 (184)
5/2/2006 2:48:05 AM
In article <1146335253.327969.206560@y43g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>,
foz_67 <foz_67@hotmail.com> wrote:
>Hi John,
>
>In the past if I have a serial device that just sends data to my Digi
>serial port, I would set min to 0 and then cat the port to grab the
>data and then because min was 0 it would release me to the command
>line.
>
>Is there a way to use flopen to let me capture the data that's buffered
>and then release me back to the command line?

Assuming that the driver treats O_NDELAY correctly, yes.  If you do:

flopen -qN -u0 /dev/ttya01 cat > file

then any data that is ready to read immediately will be written to file,
and then cat will exit.

	John
--
John DuBois  spcecdt@armory.com  KC6QKZ/AE  http://www.armory.com/~spcecdt/
0
spcecdt2 (184)
5/2/2006 2:52:04 AM
John DuBois wrote:
> In article <1146335253.327969.206560@y43g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>,
> foz_67 <foz_67@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >Hi John,
> >
> >In the past if I have a serial device that just sends data to my Digi
> >serial port, I would set min to 0 and then cat the port to grab the
> >data and then because min was 0 it would release me to the command
> >line.
> >
> >Is there a way to use flopen to let me capture the data that's buffered
> >and then release me back to the command line?
>
> Assuming that the driver treats O_NDELAY correctly, yes.  If you do:
>
> flopen -qN -u0 /dev/ttya01 cat > file
>
> then any data that is ready to read immediately will be written to file,
> and then cat will exit.
>
> 	John
> --
> John DuBois  spcecdt@armory.com  KC6QKZ/AE  http://www.armory.com/~spcecdt/

Hi John...

I just wanted to say thanks for your help!!

Turns out the ditty command isn't working right on OSR6 and I've
contacted Digi regarding it.

When I hold a standard com port open with the following...
{ stty -icanon min 0 time 0;while :;do sleep 3600;done } < /dev/tty1a &
I can do everything I need to do with the port.  It buffers, cat does
release me to the command line when min is set to 0.

When I hold the digiboard ports open with the ditty command, the port
won't buffer and cat doesn't release me to the command line.  When I
hold it open with the following...
{ stty -icanon min 0 time 0;while :;do sleep 3600;done } < /dev/ttya01
&
I does buffer, but cat won't release me to the command line when min is
0.

The flopen you suggested does the trick and gets me by the ditty issue.
 It works for my flushing of the port and capturing the buffered data.

Thanks again!!

Don.

0
foz_67 (28)

SCO OpenServe 6.0.0 Filesystem MUCH Faster Than 5.0.6
The speed of the SCO OpenServer 6.0.0 filesystem is quite noticeably faster than I enjoyed on OpenServer 5.0.6. How do I know? I donno, but it feels and seems so. I didn't expect this, so I didn't make these tests while still on 5.0.6, but I KNOW I have a lot more files and directories on 6.0.0 than I did on 5.0.6. The Verify of my Last Master Backup shows what is on my systen: 255191 files were encountered 167 files were excluded 9 files were not checked because the hard disk file had been modified by a program since it was backed up 2 files were not checked for various reasons 28870 special files (links, directories, devices, etc.) 226143 files verified successfully Master Backups using LONE-TAR(tm) to DVD+RW media ran at about 70-75 MB/min on OSR 5.0.6 but run at 175+ MB/min on 6.0.0, and if I turn off compression run at 260+ MB/min. To see how long it takes to search for a non-existant file: [trebor] ~: time find . -name XPMNYTRE real 0m58.59s user 0m1.72s sys 0m10.96s And to see how many directories had to be read: [trebor] ~: find . -type d | wc -l 23745 Bob -- Bob Stockler +-+ bob@trebor.iglou.com +-+ http://members.iglou.com/trebor Author: MENU EDIT II - The BEST Creator/Editor/Manager for filePro User Menus. Fully functional (time-limited) demos available by email request (specify OS). On Fri, Nov 25, 2005 at 11:01:36AM -0500, Bob Stockler wrote: > The speed of the SCO ...

#if 0?0?0:0:0
The following 4-lines source fragment test.c (fourth line empty) #if 0?0?0:0:0 #endif int main(void){return 0?0?0:0:0;} cause: test.c(1) : fatal error C1017: invalid integer constant expression when compiled by cl.exe aka "Microsoft (R) 32-bit C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 15.00.30729.01 for 80x86". On the other hand this compile and runs fine. #if 0?(0?0:0):0 #endif int main(void){return 0?0?0:0:0;} Did I hit a but it this compiler's preprocessor? Francois Grieu On 3/30/2010 12:47 PM, Francois Grieu wrote: > The following 4-lines source fr...

(= 0/0 0/0)
Hi, shouldn't > (= 0/0 0/0) => NIL or > (= 0/0 0/0) => T instead of giving out division by zero? 0/0 is different from 1/0, which is the non-existent number n such that 1 x n = 0. The actual result of that expression depends of what you think 0/0 is. I personally feel that 0/0 is any number n such that 0 x n = 0, that is all numbers. hal9@cyberspace.org (Hal Niner) writes: > Hi, > > shouldn't > > > (= 0/0 0/0) => NIL > > or > > > (= 0/0 0/0) => T > > instead of giving out division by zero? 0/0 is different fro...

IP 0.0.0.0/0
Hi Any useful link that explains this IP address range in details, please? Thanks in advance! The Dude In article <Jp6Hg.458762$IK3.24918@pd7tw1no>, The Dude <The Dude@thedu.de> wrote: >Any useful link that explains this IP address range in details, please? Urrr -- 0.0.0.0/0 is the *entire* IPv4 address range, and 0.0.0.0/32 is just the single IPv4 address 0.0.0.0. For any given network, the lowest address in the network is reserved. Historically, the lowest address was one of the two allowed choices for the broadcast address; later, the broadcast a...

0.0**0 = ?
I'm wondering if 0.0**0 (as opposed to 0.0**0.0) has the value 1 as per fortran standard or if this is left to the compiler vendors (different vendors do different things, unhappily). Thanks, Joost Joost VandeVondele wrote: > I'm wondering if 0.0**0 (as opposed to 0.0**0.0) has the value 1 as > per fortran standard or if this is left to the compiler vendors > (different vendors do different things, unhappily). > > Thanks, > > Joost Surely, 0.0**0.0 is mathematically undefined? Therefore, I wouldn't expect the standard to make any pronouncement about the ...

OpenServer 6.0.0
SCO has now opened a Web page regarding OpenServer 6.0.0: http://www.thescogroup.com/products/openserver6 -- JP ...

"some\0\0\0\0\0\0"
can i use such form of adding zeros to the strings/literals to 'pad' them with zeros ? or this is not guwranteed to work? need that for assuring that strings for example arepadded to some amount of bytes thus using fast compare which only checks some amount of data and do not bother for checking ends, etc 9you know what i mean) On Thu, 13 Aug 2015 12:30:19 -0700, fir saw fit to publish the following: > can i use such form of adding zeros to the strings/literals to 'pad' > them with zeros ? Yes you can. (I feel SOOO presidential right now) > or this is n...

Reinstalling root filesystem only in SCO OpenServer 6.0.0
Hi all, Let's assume the next situation: SCO OSR 6.0.0 + patches installed in a hard drive with root, stand, u, u2, u3, ... filesystems on it. Filesystem root gets corrupted and it is to necessary reinstall it. Please, can anybody tell me how can I reinstall the root filesystem leaving untouched the other filesystems? This is a clear option when installing OSR 5.0.x, but I've not been able to locate this option in OSR 6.0.0 Many thanks in advance. Best regards, -- Alberto Rodriguez Rodriguez alberto__@__unilogic.es Alberto Rodriguez typed (on Sat, Mar 06, 2010 at 01:17:49PM -0800): | Hi all, | | Let's assume the next situation: | | SCO OSR 6.0.0 + patches installed in a hard drive with root, stand, u, | u2, u3, ... filesystems on it. | | Filesystem root gets corrupted and it is to necessary reinstall it. | | Please, can anybody tell me how can I reinstall the root filesystem | leaving untouched the other filesystems? | | This is a clear option when installing OSR 5.0.x, but I've not been | able to locate this option in OSR 6.0.0 | | Many thanks in advance. Best regards, I always insisted on separate filesystems under OSR 5, but since reinstalling only the root filesystem seems impossible on OSR 6, I stopped making separate filesystems altogether. -- JP On 6 mar, 23:07, Jean-Pierre Radley <j...@jpr.com> wrote: > Alberto Rodriguez typed (on Sat, Mar 06, 2010 at 01:17:49PM -0800): > | Hi all, > | > | Let's assume the next si...

what is the significance of 0.0.0.0
is this the default gateway of whole internet. or is this the default gateway of a whole class A ip addresses. or is this a network address of a particular sub-net. please explain it pragmatically with regards novice wrote: > is this the default gateway of whole internet. > or is this the default gateway of a whole class A ip addresses. > > or is this a network address of a particular sub-net. > please explain it pragmatically > with regards Written that way, it's nothing more than an IP address. On 10/04/2010 02:53 PM, novice wrote: > is this the default gateway of whole internet. > or is this the default gateway of a whole class A ip addresses. > > or is this a network address of a particular sub-net. > please explain it pragmatically > with regards It's an invalid IP address. What 0.0.0.0 actually MEANS depends on the program you're using it with. -- Linards Ticmanis On Oct 4, 8:53=A0am, novice <rajat123si...@gmail.com> wrote: > is this the default gateway of whole internet. > or is this the default gateway of a whole class A ip addresses. > > or is this a network address of a particular sub-net. > please explain it pragmatically > with regards Depending on where you got the 0.0.0.0 from, it can have different meanings. In a socket(7) call, it generally means "all addresses", as in "bind to all addresses on this system" (bind(2)) In netstat(8), it generally means &qu...

0:0:0:0:phone
Under kerio Admin screen,local Address I get: 0:0:0:0:phone where "phone" is the local port number. What the hell is that supposed to mean? MikeStevens.invalid@spamtrap.org wrote: > Under kerio Admin screen,local Address I get: 0:0:0:0:phone > > where "phone" is the local port number. What the hell is that supposed to > mean? That's illegal -- there should be nothing coming from 0.0.0.0 at all, on ANY port. Block that IP outright. -- Cinemuck, n.: The combination of popcorn, soda, and melted chocolate which covers the floors of movie theaters. -- Rich Hall, "Sniglets" 0.0.0.0 is seen as YOUR ip address until you get assigned a ip address. They even said it was their local port, so its something just listening on a local port which has the alias 'phone'. "NeoSadist" <neosad1st@charter.net> wrote in message news:vvscmg52kap0fc@corp.supernews.com... MikeStevens.invalid@spamtrap.org wrote: > Under kerio Admin screen,local Address I get: 0:0:0:0:phone > > where "phone" is the local port number. What the hell is that supposed to > mean? That's illegal -- there should be nothing coming from 0.0.0.0 at all, on ANY port. Block that IP outright. -- Cinemuck, n.: The combination of popcorn, soda, and melted chocolate which covers the floors of movie theaters. -- Rich Hall, "Sniglets" Go into the Firewall Status...

NFS SCo 5.0.5 with SCO 6.0.0
Hi everybody, I have a folder on SCO 5.0.5 server shared through NFS with a new SCO 6.0.0 with MP2 server (converted from a SCO 5.0.6 version). Before conversion file locks (over network) on this folder works well (eg from server SCO 5.0.6 I was able to see locks generated from SCO 5.0.5 box and viceversa), now with SCO 6.0.0 does not work ! I see that on SCO 6.0.0 the lockd daemon is active .. so it should work ... Please can you help me ? Thanks Cuffiette ...

Sco OpenServer upgrading 5.0.6 to 5.0.7
I need some help. I need to upgrade my Sco O.S.506 to 507 and told me that I need to reinstall all the operative system and not the upgrading of it. Is it true ? Thanks in advance and excuse me if before someone alredy answered this query but I do not find anything about this matter bye Roberto Pineapple typed (on Wed, Apr 07, 2004 at 01:39:46PM +0200): | I need some help. | I need to upgrade my Sco O.S.506 to 507 and told me that I need to reinstall | all the operative system and not the upgrading of it. | Is it true ? No. | Thanks in advance and excuse me if before someone alredy answered this query | but I do not find anything about this matter While In-Place Upgrades do now work considerably better than they did a few years ago, I *still* counsel against them. Use my savefiles script, make good backups, and then a fresh install. -- JP "Pineapple" <roberquaNO@SPAMvirgilio.it> wrote in message news:<c50pa5$vri$1@newsreader.mailgate.org>... > I need some help. > I need to upgrade my Sco O.S.506 to 507 and told me that I need to reinstall > all the operative system and not the upgrading of it. > Is it true ? > Thanks in advance and excuse me if before someone alredy answered this query > but I do not find anything about this matter > > bye > Roberto I had same problem, and I was unable to upgrade . Only fresh reinstall was Ok. Pineapple <roberquaNO@spamvirgilio.it> wrote: >I need some help. >I need to...

OpenServer 6.0.0 and mapchan
Hi all, SCO OpenServer 6.0.0 + MP1 + OSS702B Trying to use "mapchan" as a superuser (root) works as expected, but as a regular user, I get an error. For instance: ------------ $ mapchan -f /usr/lib/mapchan/cons.850 cannot open /bin/awk for map connection ------------ As a workaround, I have used "asroot" to become the user in superuser and run "mapchan". This works ok, but it's not adequate. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Greetings from Spain. -- Alberto Rodriguez Rodriguez albrod__at__retemail.es Alberto Rodriguez Rodriguez typed (on Sat, Jan 07, 2006 at 06:02:24AM -0800): | | SCO OpenServer 6.0.0 + MP1 + OSS702B | | Trying to use "mapchan" as a superuser (root) works as expected, but as | a regular user, I get an error. For instance: | ------------ | $ mapchan -f /usr/lib/mapchan/cons.850 | | cannot open /bin/awk for map connection | ------------ This was reported months ago; I'm hoping to see it fixed in MP2. -- JP ==> http://www.frappr.com/cusm <== Jean-Pierre, Thank you for your answer. I hope, too. MP2... When? -- Alberto Rodriguez Rodriguez albrod_at_retemail.es Jean-Pierre, Thank you for your answer, I hope too. MP2... When? -- Alberto Rodriguez Rodriguez albrod_at_retemail.es Jean-Pierre, Thank you for your answer, I hope too. MP2... When? -- Alberto Rodriguez Rodriguez albrod_at_retemail.es Alberto Rodriguez Rodriguez wrote: > Jean-Pierre, > > Thank you for your answer, I...

How to interpolate a [0 0 0 1 0 0 ...0 1 0 0 0 ...0 0] vector please help
dear friends, i have t vector; t=linspace(0,.00007,76); k vector is [0 0 0 1......1 0 0 ..], its like all zeros except two 1`s, on a different time instants. when i apply this command ; k=interp1(tau,k,t); tau is also the same as t. one question is that,do we need to interpolate the vector k from one time vector to another of the same length? as here length(t)=length(tau). second question is that when i apply this command, the vector k is returned as a single entry???? please help me on this one. thanks "salman " <salmanabdullah9@gmail.com> wrote in message <iujd42$she$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > dear friends, > > i have t vector; t=linspace(0,.00007,76); > > k vector is [0 0 0 1......1 0 0 ..], its like all zeros except two 1`s, on a different time instants. when i apply this command ; > > k=interp1(tau,k,t); > > tau is also the same as t. one question is that,do we need to interpolate the vector k from one time vector to another of the same length? as here length(t)=length(tau). ================ No. tau and t can be of different lengths. Bear in mind though that if tau=t then the output k will be the same as the input k. So, it doesn't make sense that "tau is also the same as t". > second question is that when i apply this command, the vector k is returned as a single entry???? =============== No, I can't reproduce that, as the following shows >> t=linspace(0,.00007,76); tau= t...

Printing issues with SCO UNIX v6.0.0 vs v5.0.7 and prior
>I have a custom database application, written in CADOL, that previously worked FLAWLESSLY on versions of SCO, prior to v6.0.0 . It doesn't matter if I print directly to the HW port or via the spooler, the job either never finishes or doesn't print at all. Jobs via the spooler, are actually worse than direct to port. I have included the ENV variables we use and also more info below. The ENV variables that are set up in the > .profile. > > DEV1=/usr/propac/printfile; export DEV1 > DEV2=/dev/tty1a; export DEV2 > PRINTER1=C0L0hplaser; export PRINTER1 > PRINTER2=C0L0STD1096; export PRINTER2 > hplaser=SPOOL; export hplaser > STD1096=022; export STD1096 > STD1096_I=0002000; export STD1096_I > STD1096_O=; export STD1096_O > STD1096_C=004075; export STD1096_C > STD1096_L=; export STD1096_L > > These above statements set up 2 printers in our application. The > first is a networked Laser printer and the 2nd is a serial printer > hooked up to port tty1a, running 9600 baud with xon/xoff protocol. > In the application(character based), the user selects printer #1 or > #2 and off to the printer the job goes. Also, the hplaser printer is > defined and configured in the spooler using the scoadmin printers >...

OpenServer 6.0.0 error 111
How do I inquire on how to solve an OpenServer 6.0.0 OS error 111? I have a software that is getting an operating system Error 111 from an OpenServer 6.0.0 (MP3) server. The application developer is saying that I need to contact SCO for a solution and additional info. They also say that one of their other client has requested on the very same info but has got no answer (on going for over two months.) smlunatick typed (on Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 10:08:04AM -0700): | How do I inquire on how to solve an OpenServer 6.0.0 OS error 111? I | have a software that is getting an operating system Error 111 from an | OpenServer 6.0.0 (MP3) server. The application developer is saying | that I need to contact SCO for a solution and additional info. They | also say that one of their other client has requested on the very same | info but has got no answer (on going for over two months.) First I'd contact you for additional information. What is the application, and what leads up to the error message? Please note that on OSR 6.0.0, /usr/include/sys/errno.h does not list anything for number 111, so that number may just be something that the application is using. -- JP On Jul 30, 6:34=A0pm, Jean-Pierre Radley <j...@jpr.com> wrote: > smlunatick typed (on Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 10:08:04AM -0700): > | How do I inquire on how to solve an OpenServer 6.0.0 OS error 111? =A0I > | have a software that is getting an operating system Error 111 from an > | OpenServer 6.0.0 (MP...

OpenServer 6.0.0 system online
Hello friends, I dediced to put an OpenServer 6.0.0 system online, for you all to play with. (Please hackers and/or script kiddies forget this offer). The system will be up as much time as possible. Devsys and Maintenance Pack 3 installed, 210-user licensed. I've added many ucb commands, including a complete [n|t]roff distro, in /usr/ucb, not installed by default. Also, for csh lovers, a newer csh, available on /udk/usr/bin is also installed, taken directly from UnixWare. The old one is untouched on its original place :). I mean the old 'cause the csh available on older SCO Unices, OpenServer 5 and 6 has no job control, among other things, present on the more recent version that UnixWare shipped. Tcsh is also available, though. The pico editor is also installed, for the vi-haters :o) Complete system documentation is reacheable at http://afite.no-ip.org:8457 Telnet or ssh to afite.no-ip.org Yes, DynDNS... have no $ to pay a for fixed IP :( If you're REALLY interested, just send me an email to rodolphe_es@terra.es or muchuspam@terra.es with your desired login and pass. Best regards and merry xmas. Rodolfo ...

Network 0.0.0.0 needed?
When redistributing a default route learned via EIGRP into BGP it seems the route will not propagate into the BGP table unless you have network 0.0.0.0 configured under BGP. Does anyone know why this is necessary? A safety measure perhaps? Thanks! You can also do this with a "neighbor x.x.x.x default-originate" command under "router bgp" BGP was designed for the Internet, where there is no default-route. Scott "Paul Thompson" <shinobi2@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:v5o2t2dpq2653k37q2ki830dsae2728n5q@4ax.com... > When redistributing a default route learned via EIGRP into BGP it > seems the route will not propagate into the BGP table unless you have > network 0.0.0.0 configured under BGP. Does anyone know why this is > necessary? A safety measure perhaps? > > Thanks! ...

ip 0.0.0.0 is attempting to ....
NIS2004 told me a remote computer at ip 0.0.0.0 is trying to access my computer, and asked if it should allow it. I'm thinking that is probably just the dsl modem and I should allow it. Can anyone confirm or instruct? "Adam Russell" <REMOVE_THIS_adamrussell@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:<bro2a6$5lbqu$1@ID-122512.news.uni-berlin.de>... > NIS2004 told me a remote computer at ip 0.0.0.0 is trying to access my > computer, and asked if it should allow it. I'm thinking that is probably > just the dsl modem and I should allow it. Can anyone confirm or instruct? So is this the wrong newsgroup, or does no one know the answer? On 18-Dec-2003, adamrussell@sbcglobal.net (Adam Russell) wrote: > "Adam Russell" <REMOVE_THIS_adamrussell@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message > news:<bro2a6$5lbqu$1@ID-122512.news.uni-berlin.de>... > > NIS2004 told me a remote computer at ip 0.0.0.0 is trying to access my > > computer, and asked if it should allow it. I'm thinking that is > > probably > > just the dsl modem and I should allow it. Can anyone confirm or > > instruct? > > So is this the wrong newsgroup, or does no one know the answer? I do not know NIS2004, but the rule of thumb that makes the most sense to me is: When in doubt, block it. If things (access) still work then you are good, if it don't work, then you try allowing it. ...

route 0.0.0.0 twice
Hi, I some doubts question regarding a Cisco config. In the config I can see the following two lines: ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.1.1 ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.1.2 I know that these addresses are active in two interfaces. We had a 2Mbit connection that was upgraded to 4 Mbit. Our ISP told us to add the routes and that with those two routes we would be able to use the two links as one. Is this true with Cisco's CEF? My question is: 1. what's the route selected by the packets? Thanks, NC Nuno Cristelo wrote: > Hi, > > I some doubts question regarding a C...

dhclient leasing 0.0.0.0
hi, OS: FreeBSD 4.9-Release im starting the dhclient at bootup from the rc.conf file. in the process list it shows as: /sbin/dhclient -pf /var/run/dhclient.ed1.pid ed1 the ipaddress leased shows: # ifconfig -a .... faith0: flags=8002<BROADCAST,MULTICAST> mtu 1500 ed1: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500 inet 0.0.0.0 netmask 0xff000000 broadcast 255.255.255.255 ether 00:02:dd:1f:10:89 after killing the dhclient process and starting it again with: # dhclient everything is fine and i get a working ipaddress. my dhcp config parameters in rc.conf are standard (sysinstall generated). Since my rc.firewall script automatically finds the ipaddress i will have to restart the firewall as well. Does someone have a clue how to persuade dhclient to find the right ip-address at bootup? Also there is no logentry leading to any problems with dhclient. Thanks in advance, sake. sake@snafu.de (sake) writes: > im starting the dhclient at bootup from the rc.conf file. > in the process list it shows as: > /sbin/dhclient -pf /var/run/dhclient.ed1.pid ed1 > the ipaddress leased shows: > # ifconfig -a > ... > faith0: flags=8002<BROADCAST,MULTICAST> mtu 1500 > ed1: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500 > inet 0.0.0.0 netmask 0xff000000 broadcast 255.255.255.255 > ether 00:02:dd:1f:10:89 > > after killing the dh...

what is telnet 0.0.0.0 supposed to do?
Hi all. on windows it seems to be an illegal address, on solaris/linux it gives you a login on the localhost. could someone point to some more info on 0.0.0.0 ? yes, I already googled. On Jul 30, 7:08=A0am, adirtymindisajoyforever <getridofthes...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hi all. > > on windows it seems to be an illegal address, on solaris/linux it > gives you > a login on the localhost. > > could someone point to some more info on 0.0.0.0 ? In principle, if you mean 0.0.0.0 as a destination address, it could just as well be illegal. I don't t...

SCO OpenServer 5.0.4/5.0.5 New Daylight Savings dates
Has anyone yet come up with a solution on changing older SCO OpenServer 5.0.4 / 5.0.5 / 5.0.6 systems to accommodate the new daylight savings dates starting this year?? I have looked around at SCO's site and they have an update to install on 5.0.7 systems that also indicate you should install new libc, etc Anyone know how to fix this on older SCO OpenServer releases?? Thanks for any help Scott Ullmann Telespectrum sullmann@telespectrum.com scooter typed (on Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 12:37:58PM -0800): | Has anyone yet come up with a solution on changing older SCO OpenServer | 5.0.4 / 5.0.5 / 5.0.6 systems to accommodate the new daylight savings | dates starting this year?? | | I have looked around at SCO's site and they have an update to install | on 5.0.7 systems that also indicate you should install new libc, etc | | Anyone know how to fix this on older SCO OpenServer releases?? I'm in the EST timezone, and so I would edit /etc/TIMEZONE from: TZ=EST5EDT to: TZ=EST5EDT,M3,2,0/2,M11,1,0/2 -- JP ==> http://www.frappr.com/cusm <== On Jan 22, 4:24 pm, Jean-Pierre Radley <j...@jpr.com> wrote: > scooter typed (on Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 12:37:58PM -0800): > | Has anyone yet come up with a solution on changing older SCO OpenServer > | 5.0.4 / 5.0.5 / 5.0.6 systems to accommodate the new daylight savings > | dates starting this year?? > | > | I have looked around at SCO's site and they have an update to install > | on 5.0.7 ...

[ANN] Rails 0.6.5 (AR 0.9.4, AP 0.8.0): Release of Contributors!
I gather that most people are now familar with the RoR suite, so I'm skipping the formal introductions and will just bring you the meat. Get it all from http://www.rubyonrails.org, talk it up on #rubyonrails (FreeNet). Or even easier, just do "gem install rails" -- you'll automatically install all the newest versions of the required dependencies. Rails 0.6.5: Release of Contributors! ===================================== This release is dedicated to all massive influx of patches from people like Scott Baron, Kevin Radloff, Jeremy Kemper, Dave Steinberg, and oth...

Web resources about - Openserver 6.0.0... stty min 0 not acting the same as prior Openserver releases? - comp.unix.sco.misc

SCO OpenServer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
6.0.0 MP4 / February 6, 2009 ; 5 years ago ( 2009-02-06 ) SCO UNIX was the successor to SCO variant of Microsoft Xenix , derived from UNIX System ...

Open Directory - Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Unix: SCO
... Inc. - Develops, supports small/mid scale Unix server OSs and business system software for network computing; products, related services: OpenServer, ...

关于Unix系统崩溃问题解决方法讲解_Unix子站_IT专家网
由于Unix系统是多用户多进程的分时系统,尤其是 SCO Unix OpenServer 5.0.5以上版本面市的时间不太长,许多系统管理员面对这种情况也没有解决办法,只好重装系统,导致大量的资料数据丢失。 关于Unix系统崩溃问题解决方法讲解

Deluded SCO CEO on witness stand: “Linux is a copy of UNIX”
Darl McBride entered a courtroom to assert his rights regarding legacy System …

SCO fees may hit some Linux users
The struggling SCO Group, which holds the copyright to Unix, plans to charge some customers who have moved from its own products to Linux, according ...

SCO puts disputed code in the spotlight
Technology launches take second place at SCO's confab to a defense of the legal battles against Linux, as the company displays the lines of code ...

S - Computer dictionary and glossary
Computer dictionary abbreviations, definitions, glossary, and terms beginning with the letter S.

When SCO is dead and buried
The end of SCO is in sight. And, what does that mean for us and what lessons can we learn from its frantic, fruitless battles against Linux? ...

Hard Disk Failure and Hard Drive Failure Data Recovery
Hard disk drives experience lots of different types of failure. Ranging from electrical, mechanical, logical and firmware. We can retrieve your ...

Serial Cards - Digi International
Products Embedded Wireless and Wired Solutions Solutions on Module RF Modules Single-Board Computers Operator Interfaces Software Platforms Application ...