powerchute on SCO 5.0.5

I'm planning to setup the "powerchte plus" software from APC on my SCO 3.2
5.0.5 box so that it shutdowns the machine in case the power runs out in
case of a black out, Has anybody experienced any thing related to the
parachute software that will help me choose to use it or to forget about it
?

Thanks

0
atk6 (176)

On Fri, 08 Aug 2003 18:22:43 GMT, "Enrique Arredondo"
<atk@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>I'm planning to setup the "powerchte plus" software from APC on my SCO 3.2
>5.0.5 box so that it shutdowns the machine in case the power runs out in
>case of a black out, Has anybody experienced any thing related to the
>parachute software that will help me choose to use it or to forget about it
>?
>
>Thanks

I've used it in the past - Worked as advertised.  I tried to use the
latest version earlier this week, and found that they did away with
the command-line interface for configuration.  Something is wrong with
my X setup on that box, so I had no way of configuring the software.

If it does not work out for you, the removal is quite efficient and
painless, so there's no harm in trying it out.

Scott McMillan

0
smcm (146)
8/8/2003 6:36:08 PM
Scott McMillan <smcm@usa.net> wrote in message news:<86r7jvck4rna04u3r6i14a2npi8heamude@4ax.com>...
> On Fri, 08 Aug 2003 18:22:43 GMT, "Enrique Arredondo"
> <atk@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
> >I'm planning to setup the "powerchte plus" software from APC on my SCO 3.2
> >5.0.5 box so that it shutdowns the machine in case the power runs out in
> >case of a black out, Has anybody experienced any thing related to the
> >parachute software that will help me choose to use it or to forget about it
> >?
> >
> >Thanks
> >

> I've used it in the past - Worked as advertised.  I tried to use the
> latest version earlier this week, and found that they did away with
> the command-line interface for configuration.  Something is wrong with
> my X setup on that box, so I had no way of configuring the software.
>
> If it does not work out for you, the removal is quite efficient and
> painless, so there's no harm in trying it out.
>

> Scott McMillan

Hello Scott and Enrique,

I had the same problem configuring powerchute without X being setup,
so I configured via vi.  I didn't need X to install, but maybe that
has changed since.

I think you'll be able to figure out what to change in
/usr/lib/powerchute/powerchute.ini   (IIRC)
I think this is the only file you need to worry about.

Be careful, I think some values are in minutes, some in seconds; it's
been
a while since I tried it, so I might be wrong on this.

Enrique, be sure you have the right cable.  It depends on whether you
have
a "Smart"UPS or a "Back"UPS.  I can't remember the p/n, but black is
smart and gray is dumb.  And make sure the cable is for SCO.  I had
great confusion once when a customer was using the wrong cable, I
think it was for AIX, and it would occasionally shut off power without
warning.

Good luck,
Dan
0
dcmartin (51)
8/9/2003 12:25:37 PM
If you can , use an older version of Powerchute Software.
Instead of the one supplied with new APC Battery

"Enrique Arredondo" <atk@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> I'm planning to setup the "powerchte plus" software from APC on my SCO 3.2
> 5.0.5 box so that it shutdowns the machine in case the power runs out in
> case of a black out, Has anybody experienced any thing related to the
> parachute software that will help me choose to use it or to forget about
it
> ?
>
> Thanks

I was using APC Smart UPS attach to my HP LH4r NetServer, when I install
the software it running fine, and I follow default when power failure
will shutdown SCO automatically.

  After a week, powerchute daemon simply send shutdown signal to my
  server and cause reboot quite often. When I remove powerchute
  software, my server running fine. :)

  I'm not sure what about you guys situation, if possible, let me know
  ok?

   Yes, the powerchute GUI given some problem, it will close the GUI
   automatically also.

I never had any problems with the PowerChute software.  Hell, it even saved
a server.

Y.

"irontech" <member27304@dbforums.com> wrote in message

> I was using APC Smart UPS attach to my HP LH4r NetServer, when I install
> the software it running fine, and I follow default when power failure
> will shutdown SCO automatically.
>

>   After a week, powerchute daemon simply send shutdown signal to my
>   server and cause reboot quite often. When I remove powerchute
>   software, my server running fine. :)
>

>   I'm not sure what about you guys situation, if possible, let me know
>   ok?
>

>    Yes, the powerchute GUI given some problem, it will close the GUI
>    automatically also.
>

> --

NFS SCo 5.0.5 with SCO 6.0.0
Hi everybody, I have a folder on SCO 5.0.5 server shared through NFS with a new SCO 6.0.0 with MP2 server (converted from a SCO 5.0.6 version). Before conversion file locks (over network) on this folder works well (eg from server SCO 5.0.6 I was able to see locks generated from SCO 5.0.5 box and viceversa), now with SCO 6.0.0 does not work ! I see that on SCO 6.0.0 the lockd daemon is active .. so it should work ... Please can you help me ? Thanks Cuffiette ...

Looking for precompiled 'rsync" for SCO 5.0.5, 5.0.6 and 5.0.7
I was recommended to use 'rsync' for multi-site transfers. But I have come to find that "rsync" does not exist already in OpenServer 5.0.5, 5.0.6 and 5.0.7. You can only get the "source" files which you "must" compile in order to create the "rsync." These seems to require that you compile these on every level of OpenServer you need. Where / how can I get the 'rsync' binaries already compiled for the levels I need? smlunatick typed (on Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 11:10:53AM -0700): | I was recommended to use 'rsync' for multi-site transfers. But I have | come to find that "rsync" does not exist already in OpenServer 5.0.5, | 5.0.6 and 5.0.7. You can only get the "source" files which you "must" | compile in order to create the "rsync." These seems to require that | you compile these on every level of OpenServer you need. | | Where / how can I get the 'rsync' binaries already compiled for the | levels I need? Get a binary for OSR 5.0.7, and with oss646c, it should run on 5.0.4, 5.0.5, and 5.0.6. Binary afavilable on Brian White's page at www.aljex.com/bkw. -- JP On Aug 18, 7:37=A0pm, Jean-Pierre Radley <j...@jpr.com> wrote: > smlunatick typed (on Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 11:10:53AM -0700): > | I was recommended to use 'rsync' for multi-site transfers. =A0But I hav= e > | come to find that "rsync" does not exist already in OpenSer...

Trying to compile putty-0.60 on SCO UNIX 5.0.7 with GCC and SCO Dev
I am trying to compile putty downloaded from http://linux.softpedia.com/progDownload/PuTTY-Download-347.html but get the error below. gcc -g -O2 -Wall -Werror -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DHAVE_X11 -DHAVE_X -DSYSV -Di386 -DS CO325 -D__SCO__ -DHAVE_XAW -DHAVE_SHAPE_EXT -DHAVE_SHAPE -DHAVE_SHM_EXT -DHAVE_X SHM -DHAVE_XCONVERTCASE -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr /include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/gl ib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/X11R6/include -I.././ -I../charset/ -I../windows/ -I../unix/ -I../mac/ -I../macosx/ -c ../ proxy.c cc1: warnings being treated as errors .../proxy.c: In function `proxy_for_destination': .../proxy.c:315: warning: implicit declaration of function `strncasecmp' gmake: *** [proxy.o] Error 1 # My programming skill level tops out at ./configure and make. Searching for instances of strncasecmp in the putty working directory shows: /tmp/putty-0.60/unix # cd .. # find . -type f -print | xargs grep strncasecmp | less ../mac/stricmp.c:#define strncasecmp strnicmp ../mac/stricmp.c:strncasecmp(s1, s2, n) ../unix/unix.h:#define strnicmp strncasecmp (END) In unix/unix.h: #define DEFAULT_CODEPAGE 0xFFFF #define CP_UTF8 CS_UTF8 /* from libcharset */ #define strnicmp strncasecmp #define stricmp strcasecmp /* BSD-semantics version of signal(), and another helpful function */ void (*putty_signal(int sig, void (*func)(int)))(int); void block_si...

SYbase SQL & SCO OpenServer 5.0.4/5.0.5
Can somone help me with wich SQL versions runs on SCO OSR5.0.4 and SCO OSR 5.0.5? So your the customer SCO still has :-) Sorry.. Couldn't resist ! ASE 10.0.2 was certified on SCO OSR5.0.2 with OS patches SLS 422a, SLS 437a. It wasn't certified on anything higher. ASE 11.0.x was certified on 5.0.4, but nothing higher. Sybase doesn't support 10.x or 11.x any more ...

SCO 5.0.5/5.0.6 bios clock, time zone and synching
Hi All, Does SCO expect the BIOS clock to be set to UTC? Ive got a few SCO boxen spread across a couple of time zones and at the moment, the bios clocks in the servers are set to localtime not UTC. The timezone settings in SCO Admin are also wrong. I was under the impression *nix always expects the BIOS clock to be set to UTC and then the timezone settings in SCO tell the OS what the local time is. This does not seem to be the case for me. On a testing box, Ive set the BIOS clock to UTC, set the correct timezone in scoadmin but the date command in a root shell still gives the wrong time. Either the timezone information in scoadmin for my timezone is wrong and I need to set up an unlisted timezone (which I can do easily enough) or im missing something more fundamental here. Anyone care to wield a clue-bat? cheers John Smith wrote: > Does SCO expect the BIOS clock to be set to UTC? > > Ive got a few SCO boxen spread across a couple of time zones and at > the moment, the bios clocks in the servers are set to localtime not > UTC. > The timezone settings in SCO Admin are also wrong. > > I was under the impression *nix always expects the BIOS clock to be > set to UTC and then the timezone settings in SCO tell the OS what the > local time is. > This does not seem to be the case for me. > On a testing box, Ive set the BIOS clock to UTC, set the correct > timezone in scoadmin but the date command in a root shell still gives > the wro...

SCO 5.0.5 vs. 6.0
I'm having a new server built: SuperMicro P4SC8 Mother Board Intel P4 3.0Ghz 800 FSB 1GB CPU 73GB 10K 80 PIN SCSI Drive Sony 20/40GB DAT Drive SDT11000/BN DDS4 Adaptec 2010S Card for Mirroring Comtrol Rockport Card 99126-7 Is there any reason I should update my current version of SCO 5.0.5? Frank The following article is a recommendation from SCO when using P4 http://www.sco.com/ta/115963 "FrankS" <fshank@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:CqT_f.65026$H71.37215@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com... > I'm having a new server built: > > SuperMicro P4SC8 Mother Board > Intel P4 3.0Ghz 800 FSB 1GB CPU > 73GB 10K 80 PIN SCSI Drive > Sony 20/40GB DAT Drive SDT11000/BN DDS4 > > Adaptec 2010S Card for Mirroring > > Comtrol Rockport Card 99126-7 > > > > Is there any reason I should update my current version of SCO 5.0.5? > > > > Frank > > > > > > FrankS wrote: > I'm having a new server built: > > SuperMicro P4SC8 Mother Board > Intel P4 3.0Ghz 800 FSB 1GB CPU > 73GB 10K 80 PIN SCSI Drive > Sony 20/40GB DAT Drive SDT11000/BN DDS4 > > Adaptec 2010S Card for Mirroring > > Comtrol Rockport Card 99126-7 > > > > Is there any reason I should update my current version of SCO 5.0.5? Frank, OpenServer 5.0.5 is a retired product and is no longer generally supported by SCO. OpenServer 5.0.5 is not designed to work on P4 systems and y...

SCO OpenServer 5.0.4/5.0.5 New Daylight Savings dates
Has anyone yet come up with a solution on changing older SCO OpenServer 5.0.4 / 5.0.5 / 5.0.6 systems to accommodate the new daylight savings dates starting this year?? I have looked around at SCO's site and they have an update to install on 5.0.7 systems that also indicate you should install new libc, etc Anyone know how to fix this on older SCO OpenServer releases?? Thanks for any help Scott Ullmann Telespectrum sullmann@telespectrum.com scooter typed (on Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 12:37:58PM -0800): | Has anyone yet come up with a solution on changing older SCO OpenServer | 5.0.4 / 5.0.5 / 5.0.6 systems to accommodate the new daylight savings | dates starting this year?? | | I have looked around at SCO's site and they have an update to install | on 5.0.7 systems that also indicate you should install new libc, etc | | Anyone know how to fix this on older SCO OpenServer releases?? I'm in the EST timezone, and so I would edit /etc/TIMEZONE from: TZ=EST5EDT to: TZ=EST5EDT,M3,2,0/2,M11,1,0/2 -- JP ==> http://www.frappr.com/cusm <== On Jan 22, 4:24 pm, Jean-Pierre Radley <j...@jpr.com> wrote: > scooter typed (on Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 12:37:58PM -0800): > | Has anyone yet come up with a solution on changing older SCO OpenServer > | 5.0.4 / 5.0.5 / 5.0.6 systems to accommodate the new daylight savings > | dates starting this year?? > | > | I have looked around at SCO's site and they have an update to install > | on 5.0.7 ...

SCO 5.0.5 and EFS 5.60A on ML570 1st Generation
In the normal course of trouble shooting a Compaq (HP) hardware problem, HP support has suggested upgrading to EFS 5.60A. Late last year, after one problematic attempt to upgrade from 5.48A to 5.52, or 5.56, with a NOTICE: K_trap - unexpected alignment fault in system mode error, Compaq suggested reverting to 5.48A where I have remained ever since. While the problems may have been associated with a number of sources, I guess like using a G2 EFS instead of a G1, I am hesitant to upgrade now without good reason. The only non-Compaq hardware is a Digi AccelePort XEM, which does have the latest driver from Digi. With the exception of two ciss controllers everything else is fairly standard. Have there been any reported problems upgrading th EFS 5.60A? Thanks, Corrie cbmart wrote: > > In the normal course of trouble shooting a Compaq (HP) hardware problem, HP > support has suggested upgrading to EFS 5.60A. > > Late last year, after one problematic attempt to upgrade from 5.48A to 5.52, > or 5.56, with a NOTICE: K_trap - unexpected alignment fault in system mode > error, Compaq suggested reverting to 5.48A where I have remained ever since. > While the problems may have been associated with a number of sources, I > guess like using a G2 EFS instead of a G1, I am hesitant to upgrade now > without good reason. > > The only non-Compaq hardware is a Digi AccelePort XEM, which does have the > latest driver from Digi. With the exceptio...

zmodem for SCO 5.0.5
Does anyone have rz and sz for SCO 5.0.5? thanks, -eric wood "Eric Wood" <eric@interplas.com> wrote in message news:<vr2oggeukni104@corp.supernews.com>... > Does anyone have rz and sz for SCO 5.0.5? > > thanks, > -eric wood http://www.aljex.com/bkw/sco/index.html#rzsz ...

maildelivery and sco 5.0.5
How can I create a filter so that if there is an email getting in and it has an attachment with a ".pif extention" to delete it automatically ? I normally use this kind of filters to delete mails from people : /usr/lib/mail/maildelivery: From 24hourfit.com destroy A - Regards, Enrique Arredondo "Enrique Arredondo" <atk@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:N546b.11374$QL2.11327@newssvr25.news.prodigy.com... > How can I create a filter so that if there is an email getting in and it has > an attachment with a ".pif extention" to delete it automatically ? > > I normally use this kind of filters to delete mails from people : > > /usr/lib/mail/maildelivery: > From 24hourfit.com destroy A - > > Can I do this : From 24hourfit.com destroy A - X-MailScanner "Found to be clean" destroy A - Enrique Arredondo enscribed: | X-UserInfo1: T[OQBTKDU[RWRWTYBZH@_VDA[X_LPO@FQQ]ZMVMHQAVTUZ]CLNTCPFK[WDXDHV[K^FCGJCJLPF_D_NCC@FUG^Q\DINVAXSLIFXYJSSCCALP@PB@\OS@BITWAH\CQZKJMMD^SJA^NXA\GVLSRBD^M_NW_F[YLVTWIGAXAQBOATKBBQRXECDFDMQ\DZFUE@\JM | Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 17:54:53 GMT | | How can I create a filter so that if there is an email getting in and it has | an attachment with a ".pif extention" to delete it automatically ? | | I normally use this kind of filters to delete mails from people : | | /usr/lib/mail/maildelivery: | >From 24hourfit.com destroy A - And soon you will want to filter other nam...

openSSL on SCO 5.0.5
I need to get openSSL on my SCO 5.0.5 Enterprise / Apache 1.3.23 server. I CANNOT find information on obtaining openSSL for a SCO machine anywhere. Could someone please point me in the right direction? Thank you in advance. -- Posted via http://dbforums.com ajonas typed (on Fri, Aug 22, 2003 at 03:19:30PM -0400): | | I need to get openSSL on my SCO 5.0.5 Enterprise / Apache 1.3.23 server. | I CANNOT find information on obtaining openSSL for a SCO machine | anywhere. Could someone please point me in the right direction? There's a binary suite on ftp.jpr.com, which I compiled on 5.0.6, but have installed on several 5.0.5 machines. -- JP ...

openssh for sco 5.0.5
Does anybody know the steps for the installation of openssh on OSR 505 ? Is there a special file or paremeter I have to use to install it or does ftp.sco.com has a ssh ? Thanks E.A. "Corrlens" <ask@me.later> wrote in message news:26SJd.6161$8Z1.3177@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com... > Does anybody know the steps for the installation of openssh on OSR 505 ? > Is there a special file or paremeter I have to use to install it or does > ftp.sco.com has a ssh ? > > Thanks > > E.A. > > I forgot to mention that my goal is to have sftp working, be able to transfer files to a secure ftp server on a remote location. Corrlens typed (on Wed, Jan 26, 2005 at 07:22:38PM +0000): | Does anybody know the steps for the installation of openssh on OSR 505 ? Is | there a special file or paremeter I have to use to install it or does | ftp.sco.com has a ssh ? | ftp.jpr.com/pub/openssh4osr5.tgz or ftp.jpr.com/pub/openssh4osr5.tar.bz2 -- JP "Jean-Pierre Radley" <jpr@jpr.com> wrote in message news:20050126211328.GG11013@jpradley.jpr.com... > Corrlens typed (on Wed, Jan 26, 2005 at 07:22:38PM +0000): > | Does anybody know the steps for the installation of openssh on OSR 505 > ? Is > | there a special file or paremeter I have to use to install it or does > | ftp.sco.com has a ssh ? > | > > ftp.jpr.com/pub/openssh4osr5.tgz > or > ftp.jpr.com/pub/openssh4osr5.tar.bz2 > > > -- > JP...

Sco OpenServer upgrading 5.0.6 to 5.0.7
I need some help. I need to upgrade my Sco O.S.506 to 507 and told me that I need to reinstall all the operative system and not the upgrading of it. Is it true ? Thanks in advance and excuse me if before someone alredy answered this query but I do not find anything about this matter bye Roberto Pineapple typed (on Wed, Apr 07, 2004 at 01:39:46PM +0200): | I need some help. | I need to upgrade my Sco O.S.506 to 507 and told me that I need to reinstall | all the operative system and not the upgrading of it. | Is it true ? No. | Thanks in advance and excuse me if before someone alredy answered this query | but I do not find anything about this matter While In-Place Upgrades do now work considerably better than they did a few years ago, I *still* counsel against them. Use my savefiles script, make good backups, and then a fresh install. -- JP "Pineapple" <roberquaNO@SPAMvirgilio.it> wrote in message news:<c50pa5$vri$1@newsreader.mailgate.org>... > I need some help. > I need to upgrade my Sco O.S.506 to 507 and told me that I need to reinstall > all the operative system and not the upgrading of it. > Is it true ? > Thanks in advance and excuse me if before someone alredy answered this query > but I do not find anything about this matter > > bye > Roberto I had same problem, and I was unable to upgrade . Only fresh reinstall was Ok. Pineapple <roberquaNO@spamvirgilio.it> wrote: >I need some help. >I need to...

In-Place Upgrade of SCO OpenServer 5.0.4 to 5.0.7
I will attempt this upgrade in a few days. Has anyone on this forum done this? Any pitfalls? Any problems? I checked SCO's tech article data base and found articles 11293 ("An in-place upgrade from OpenServer 5.0.4 to 5.0.5 and then on to 5.06 fails"), 112523 ("I upgraded from OpenServer 5.0.x to OpenServer 5.0.6 and my files from /usr/local are missing"), 105664 ("The Internet FastStart package did not install after an in-place upgrade to OpenServer Enterprise Release 5.0.4 or 5.0.5"), and 11542 ("I get kernel relink errors when trying to install Merge 5 on SCO OpenServer 5"). Are these various problems fixed with 5.0.7? Are there any other tech articles I should be aware of? Regards, Ronald W. Satz SCO UNIX Authorized and Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer Transpower Corporation transpower@aol.com www.transpowercorp.com Transpower <transpower@aol.com> wrote: >I will attempt this upgrade in a few days. Has anyone on this forum done this? Well, in my opinion that's too far back for an IPU. It might very well work, but 5.0.4 is pretty ancient and you are bound to have accumulated a lot of cruft over the years. I'd fresh install: http://aplawrence.com/Unixart/upgrades.html -- tony@aplawrence.com Unix/Linux/Mac OS X resources: http://aplawrence.com Get paid for writing about tech: http://aplawrence.com/publish.html ...

SCO Open Server 5.0.6 versus 5.0.4
Hi, Anybody can point me to info or can state if there is a performance improvement from running 5.0.6 versus 5.0.4. Application is database access centered. Regards, Marian news wrote: > Hi, > Anybody can point me to info or can state if there is a performance > improvement from running 5.0.6 versus 5.0.4. Application is database access > centered. I don't think you are going to get a useful answer. Let's assume that I could authoritatively say that 5.0.6 has performance related improvements over .4 in certain areas. I can't recall if it does or doesn't, but the release notes would surely mention any. But so what? What does that say about YOUR application? Do we know where its performance issuees are now? Nope. We could assume it's probably disk bound, because that's a pretty safe assumption most any time, but even if true, what have you done for better or worse in that regard already? Maybe this is an Oracle database and you have it running on a RAID 5 system. As that's usually going to be a bad idea, you could gain nothing even if 5.0.6 did otherwise provide features that would otherwise improve your lot. Maybe you have the whole thing improperly tuned. Maybe you have it so perfectly tuned that an upgrade would make it worse because everything is so critically balanced to what you have now.. There are plenty of good reasons to upgrade to 5.0.6/7. If that's what you are lookimg for (a reason to sell the idea to ...

New drives added to RAID 5 (Netfinity 5500) not recognize under SCO Openserver 5.0.5.
Hi all, I never done this before but I think I'm on the right way. I have a Netfinity 5500 here running SCO openserver 5.0.5. This system run one RAID 5 array of three disks. I have add 3 more disks to this array using ipsadm(logical drive migration option-Add physical drive(s)). 2 disks have been assign "ONL" to the actual array and the other disk has been declared as "HSP"(Hot SwaP Disk). Even if it's a very long process, all step seems to go well. My problem is that before AND after "expanding" the array the SCO df -v command show me the same result. So there must be an other step to do(probably under sco) but I don't know what to do. I only have /dev/root and /dev/boot as filesystems so I tought that /dev/root would expand automaticaly but it's not the case. So I have more space in the array and SCO don't see it. Can you tell me what step I should do now ? Like I told you, it's the first time I do something like this so please be as clear as possible. A step by step explanation would be really appreciate. Thank you! Mike "Mike" <michel.trudel@pentagone.com> wrote in message news:ede59572.0309080942.3814576e@posting.google.com... > Hi all, > > I never done this before but I think I'm on the right way. > > I have a Netfinity 5500 here running SCO openserver 5.0.5. > This system run one RAID 5 array of three disks. I have add 3 more > disks to this array using ipsadm(logi...

Upgrading 5.0.5 to 5.0.6/5.0.7
Hi, I've inheirited 3 SCO Servers and need to upgrade one to 5.0.6 from 5.0.5. The other two are at 5.0.6 and I want them all in line. Some questions: 1. Does SCO charge for this upgrade? If so, how much? 2. How easy is the upgrade? 3. Should I go to 5.0.7 instead for all the machines? Thanks, Jon Jon Wynacht typed (on Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 09:16:17AM -0700): | Hi, | | I've inheirited 3 SCO Servers and need to upgrade one to 5.0.6 from | 5.0.5. The other two are at 5.0.6 and I want them all in line. Some | questions: | | 1. Does SCO charge for this upgrade? If so, how much? >From 5.0.5 Enterprise to 5.0.7 Enterprise, $599. >From 5.0.6 Enterprise to 5.0.7 Enterprise, $369. | 2. How easy is the upgrade? Not hard; be sure to use ftp.jpr.com/pub/savefiles. | 3. Should I go to 5.0.7 instead for all the machines? Yes, and when you order the upgrades, also add in SCO Update, which will eventually bring you all the changes that bring you the Legend release. -- JP Jon Wynacht wrote: > Hi, > > I've inheirited 3 SCO Servers and need to upgrade one to 5.0.6 from > 5.0.5. The other two are at 5.0.6 and I want them all in line. Some > questions: > > 1. Does SCO charge for this upgrade? If so, how much? Of course. See http://aplawrence.com/scoprices.html > 2. How easy is the upgrade? Usually painless, but see http://aplawrence.com/Unixart/upgrades.html > 3. Should I go to 5.0.7 instead for all the machines? Yes, no questi...

SCO 5.0.5 and spam assassin.
Hello, I am running a SCO box as our internal email server that pops our ISP for mail. We use FineLine as our email manager/mail handler (MTA). Can I implement spam assassin over this third party email product? Thanks. ...

Why does patchck on SCO 5.0.5 fail?
I downloaded and installed the latest patchck.tar.Z on a client's 5.0.5 system. It lists the installed patches and lists ones "available" for download but then download fails. Any way to fix this? INSTALLED currently on realunix.unix.com -------------------------------------------------------------------- oss471e oss471e - OpenServer Supplement oss471e oss497c Core OS supplement for 5.0.5 oss600a Year 2000 Supplement for 5.0.5 rs505a Release Supplement for OSR5.0.5 -------------------------------------------------------------------- MISSING patches are available for DOWNLOAD: -------------------------------------------------------------------- 1 --- OSS640A Bind supplement for 5.0.5 2 --- OSS642A Cron supplement for 5.0.5 3 --- OSS646C Processor supplement for 5.0.5 A --- ALL DOWNLOAD ALL of the patches above Q --- Quit Skip DOWNLOAD Phase -------------------------------------------------------------------- List patches to DOWNLOAD [1,2,3], [A], or [Q] [Default=ALL]: A ------------------------- DOWNLOAD PHASE --------------------------- Downloading OSS640A... Please wait... /etc/patchck: 132.147.63.68: not found Downloading OSS642A... Please wait... /etc/patchck: 132.147.63.68: not found Downloading OSS646C... Please wait... /etc/patchck: 132.147.63.68: not found DOWNLOAD Phase complete.. Press <ENTER> to continue ---------...

OpenLink DBMS on SCO 5.0.5
Am trying to run Embarcadero ER/Studio from windows and want to create an ODBC link to a SCO server running informix 7.3. I installed the latest version of OpenLink on the server and when i try to start up oplrqb i get the following error, oplrqb: unable to get ip address for <HOSTNAME> oplrqb: check /etc/hosts or NIS/DNS problems don't quite know where to go from here tia, HSN ...

sco 5.0.5. boot problems
Hi all Hi have a boot problem Several times when my SCO Server (running SCO Open server ver. 5.0.5.) boots it stops at the kernel line: G_hd_config and hangs. SO i have to switch off the server and power on another time then it starts normally without stoping. The server configuration is the following: Main board Supermicro with Adaptec 7980 dual channel CPU Xeon 550 Mhz. 256 Mb. RAM HD 9 Gb. SCSI Tandberg Backup Unit Thanks in advance Piertonio piertonio typed (on Fri, Jul 08, 2005 at 05:01:17PM +0200): | Hi all | Hi have a boot problem | Several times when my SCO Server (running SCO Open server ver. 5.0.5.) boots | it stops at the kernel line: G_hd_config and hangs. SO i have to switch off | the server and power on another time then it starts normally without | stoping. | The server configuration is the following: | | Main board Supermicro with Adaptec 7980 dual channel | CPU Xeon 550 Mhz. | 256 Mb. RAM | HD 9 Gb. SCSI | Tandberg Backup Unit You forgot to tell us which supplements and patches are applied. -- JP Sorry... here you are !! SCO OpenServer Enterprise System (ver 5.0.5m) ** ** Specialix SX serial support (ver 2.1.0) ** ** UDK Compatibility Module for OpenServer 5.0.5 (ver 5.0.5A) ** ** RS505A: Release Supplement for SCO OpenServer Release 5.0.5 (ver rs5 ** ** RS505A: Software Manager Supplement (ver rs505a) ** ** Year 2000 Supplement for RS505A (ver oss600a) ** ** Thank you Piertonio "Jean-Pi...

SCO 5.0.5 dd / clone
Hi, I have an odd problem with one of my customer's SCO machines. Without going into a lot of detail and reasons for backup decisions, I have implemented a dd cloning of the master hard disk to a backup disk. That is to say my customer has 2 hard disks (in a caddy), the primary or master disk (hd00) and the clone or backup disk (hd10). A cron job wakes up twice daily and does a complete clone of the master disk to the backup / clone disk using dd. No great issue here as the entire disk (20Gb) takes about 24 minutes to complete. Now in Linux, this works great. If the master disk crashes for any reason, the customer simply re-boots their system and boots from the secondary drive whilst the primary is being repaired and all boots up fine and proper and no problems. However, the same process in SCO 5.0.5 seems to generate a completely corrupted disk. When I compare the master to the clone, you can see that the clone is completely a mess. I don't understand why this is the case with SCO but not with linux. As I'm doing a dd of the ENTIRE disk (a binary bit by bit copy), I don't understand why it doesn't work under sco. BTW - in SCO I don't boot from the secondary drive - I have to set it to the master drive first however, as per above the disk is so badly corrupted that the boot process will not work. The command I use is time dd if=/dev/hd00 of=/dev/hd10 bs=1451520 count=12529 (for SCO) time dd if=/dev/hda of=/dev/hdb bs=1451520 count=12529 (for l...

Sco 5.0.5 TCP/IP
Hello, I got tossed into working on a SCO Server that is in a production enviroment. Currently this company uses dummy terminals accross serveral locations. This all works well and good. I have been tasked w/ making it talk to a windows 2003 Server. When I first fot to the SCO box it did not even have a NIC. I am somewhat familiar w/ Linux and very good with Windows networking, so I figured I could figure this out with out too much of a problem. I have inserted the Network card and the SCO OS does see it. I am not sure how to check the status of the driver, or which modual it is. ifconf...

SCO Openserver 5.0.5 information
Hi guys, Before i start i have a confession to make. I have never used UNIX before! So this is something very tough and foreign to me. Q1: In my office there are a couple of computers running SCO Openserver 5.0.5 (and yes, it's very old). I would like to study is there any way to install 5.0.5 on a IBM based PC? Meaning those PCs which we assemble ourselves. Q2: I noticed SCO uses a host adapter and SCSI hard disk. Can i use the normal ATA IDE cable hard drive? Q3: If the first 2 questions' answer are yes, then where can i find the graphics and network card driver? or at least where can i check whether or not my graphics and network card are supported? Q4: Where can i find information on SCO Openserver 5.0.5? A million thanks. Ant_Magma wrote: > Q1: > In my office there are a couple of computers running SCO Openserver > 5.0.5 (and yes, it's very old). I would like to study is there any way > to install 5.0.5 on a IBM based PC? Meaning those PCs which we assemble > ourselves. OpenServer 5.0.5 will install on Intel and AMD 32 bit systems assuming the hardware is compatible and supported by the OS. You will need a license to do the install. > Q2: > I noticed SCO uses a host adapter and SCSI hard disk. Can i use the > normal ATA IDE cable hard drive? OpenServer 5.0.5 support for IDE drives is limited and you may have issues with large IDE drives and recognition of the fully capactiy of the drives. > Q3: > If the first 2 quest...

Web resources about - powerchute on SCO 5.0.5 - comp.unix.sco.misc

Schneider Electric Launches PowerChute Network Shutdown 3.1
The PowerChute platform assures IT managers that mission critical equipment will be protected in the event of an extended power failure.

Uninterruptible power supply - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
An uninterruptible power supply , also uninterruptible power source , UPS or battery/flywheel backup , is an electrical apparatus that provides ...

TechWatch: The power and the passion
The power management space is not particularly high profile in the IT industry, but it is one that is constantly pushing the boundaries of electrical ...

APC Back-UPS 650VA UPS Battery Backup for $40 + free shipping
Best Buy offers the APC Back-UPS 650VA UPS Battery Backup, model no. BE650MC, for $39.99 with free shipping. That’s $15 under our September mention ...

Smart-UPS On-Line – Uninterruptible Power Source for Blade Server Racks - APC
The Smart-UPS On-Line was developed to provide power protection and an uninterruptible power source even among the harshest power conditions ...

5342 Default Passwords from Open Sez Me!
open-sez.me uses and recommends DreamHost Web Hosting - You should too! Open Sez Me! :: Passwords 5342 Default Passwords for thousands of systems ...

How to display Full Screen when using ATI (AMD) Radeon under 1920 x 1080?
我的學習手記 A technical geek blog Pages Home About Reminder for me Chatter Skydrive Links Tuesday, August 20, 2013 When you change your resolution ...

Symantec Backup Exec (1)
Hi, Log On or Create Account Close Log On User Name Forgot User Name? Password Forgot Password? Remember my User Name Need Help? Call Sales Representative ...

Running Parachute - Power Systems Power Chute for Speed Resistance Training - Size Small
Power Chute Parachute Speed Resistance Running Exercise Equipment and Conditioning Training Device.

Paul Cyr Photography
Paul Cyr Photography, Wildlife Photos