problem installing SCO 5.0.6

Hello,
    I'm installing SCO for the first time. Everything seems to be working ok
except that I can't get the OS to recognize the nic card. I checked in the
SCO web site and the card I am using is supported. When I try and go to
netconfig and install the card mannually it tells me "no protocol stacks
available on the system are supported on this device". Can someone help me
with this. I'm learning and would like to learn the correct way.

Thanks
Jorge

0
kfish98 (1)

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 12:35:53 -0500, "Jorge Bichara"
<kfish98@bellsouth.net> wrote:

>Hello,
>    I'm installing SCO for the first time. Everything seems to be working ok
>except that I can't get the OS to recognize the nic card. I checked in the
>SCO web site and the card I am using is supported. When I try and go to
>netconfig and install the card mannually it tells me "no protocol stacks
>available on the system are supported on this device". Can someone help me
>with this. I'm learning and would like to learn the correct way.
>
>Thanks
>Jorge

My guess(tm) is that you are running the Host version of 5.0.6
(non-networkable).  To check this

# grep IQM_PROD_DESC /usr/adm/ISL/iqm_file

should give you a line like
IQM_PROD_DESC="SCO OpenServer Enterprise System"

If yours says "SCO OpenServer Host System", then you'll not have
networking capabilities.  Enterprise version does.

Scott McMillan
0
smcm (146)
12/19/2003 5:51:46 PM
On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 12:35:53 -0500, "Jorge Bichara"
<kfish98@bellsouth.net> wrote:

>Hello,
>    I'm installing SCO for the first time. Everything seems to be working ok
>except that I can't get the OS to recognize the nic card. I checked in the
>SCO web site and the card I am using is supported. When I try and go to
>netconfig and install the card mannually it tells me "no protocol stacks
>available on the system are supported on this device". Can someone help me
>with this. I'm learning and would like to learn the correct way.

Not sure why on Earth anyone would start to try and learn to use a
dead operating system, but just to help you out; you have to pay a
premium to have advanced capabilities like "networking" with SCO
products. Yes, hard to believe in the 21st century, but sadly true.

Use a real OS, such as Solaris, Linux or even *BSD, all of which are
freely available, all enjoy a hugely greater market share, and have
capabilities far in advance of SCO's ancient product line. They all
support more hardware, have more software available and community
support. With SCO you're going to have to struggle with an ancient
version of UNIX, which now has zero community support, very poor
hardware support, and has barely changed for 10 years.
--
FyRE < "War: The way Americans learn geography" >
0
FyRE <FyRE@toktik.demon.ku.oc.x> wrote:

>Not sure why on Earth anyone would start to try and learn to use a
>dead operating system, but just to help you out; you have to pay a
>premium to have advanced capabilities like "networking" with SCO
>products. Yes, hard to believe in the 21st century, but sadly true.

I'm sure SCO management has always taken the position that you pay
LESS if you don't need those features.

However, I think it was a mistake to ever offer the Host systems.
It may have seemed like a good idea at the time, but it caused
lost opportunity later, and still does to this day.

>Use a real OS, such as Solaris, Linux or even *BSD, all of which are
>freely available, all enjoy a hugely greater market share, and have
>capabilities far in advance of SCO's ancient product line. They all
>support more hardware, have more software available and community
>support. With SCO you're going to have to struggle with an ancient
>version of UNIX, which now has zero community support, very poor
>hardware support, and has barely changed for 10 years.

Zero community support?  Hardly.  And I wouldn't call the hardware
support poor, either.  T'aint great, but not poor.  Finally, it
certainly has changed in ten years, but the funny part is that I
can easily find people running versions 10 years old and more, still
clunking through the work, day after day, year after year.

--
tony@aplawrence.com Unix/Linux/Mac OS X  resources: http://aplawrence.com
apl (184)
<apl@shell01.TheWorld.com> wrote:

[...Misguided newbie...]

>>Use a real OS, such as Solaris, Linux or even *BSD, all of which are
>>freely available, all enjoy a hugely greater market share, and have
>>capabilities far in advance of SCO's ancient product line. They all
>>support more hardware, have more software available and community
>>support. With SCO you're going to have to struggle with an ancient
>>version of UNIX, which now has zero community support, very poor
>>hardware support, and has barely changed for 10 years.
>
>Zero community support?  Hardly.

Tony, stealing software from the open-source community to prop up
their aging, neglected products can hardly be considered "community
support". SCO are wilfully violating the GPL, claiming that since they
don't recognise the GPL they should have carte blanche to just take
anyone's work for themselves. Thus, anyone using SCO's products are
also breaking the terms of the GPL (by agreeing to abide by SCO's
terms). I'm not sure about the legal status of the one SCO support
site I've seen which is providing binaries of GPL'ed products (most of
which don't actually seem to work correctly), but I'll be contacting
the hosting company to see what their view is ;-)

Since SCO's own software is ridiculously out of date, it would be
interesting to see how useful their "products" are without GPL'ed
software. I'm not sure why it's taking so long to remove SCO support
from GCC and the GLIBs to be honest. The sooner the better as far as
I'm concerned...

>And I wouldn't call the hardware support poor, either.  T'aint great,
>but not poor.

So obviously the Firewire, USB, Bluetooth, SATA, and all the latest
hardware RAID, networking gear, storage, backup, sound and video
hardware will work correctly then huh? No? That's what you get for
alienating the people who write software for your company to use ;-)

>Finally, it certainly has changed in ten years,

Yes, from trotting along with the other front-runners, SCO is now a
sick, limping and lame pit-pony with a bolt-gun pointed at its head.
The software is no longer developed, the company itself is little more
than a (some would say criminal) legal team with some sales support
staff taking abusive phone calls every day. Microsoft and Sun are
providing charity funding and calling the shots. The current
management are involved in a get-rich-quick stock pumping scam, and
IBM are about to kill them in court. Let's not forget the ridicule
they've attracted with their constant, ludicrous press statements and
"proof" of stolen code. The mystery group of mathematicians (who don't
appear to exist) who analysed the Linux source by apparently using the
command "grep -r smp /usr/src/linux" So you're right Tony, it has
changed...

>but the funny part is that I
>can easily find people running versions 10 years old and more, still
>clunking through the work, day after day, year after year.

Kind of proves the point that their customers from 10 years ago have
seen nothing worth upgrading to, or have such simple requirements that
anything would do the job, or (more likely) are in the unfortunate
position of being chained to an old, abandoned piece of proprietory
software which can only run on their ancient systems. This is just
sad, and I'd feel ashamed to be making money by milking a company
that's stuck in this situation.

--
FyRE < "War: The way Americans learn geography" >
0
FyRE (224)
12/20/2003 12:42:22 PM
FyRE <FyRE@toktik.demon.ku.oc.x> wrote:
>On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 11:21:45 +0000 (UTC), Tony Lawrence
><apl@shell01.TheWorld.com> wrote:

>[...Misguided newbie...]

>>>Use a real OS, such as Solaris, Linux or even *BSD, all of which are
>>>freely available, all enjoy a hugely greater market share, and have
>>>capabilities far in advance of SCO's ancient product line. They all
>>>support more hardware, have more software available and community
>>>support. With SCO you're going to have to struggle with an ancient
>>>version of UNIX, which now has zero community support, very poor
>>>hardware support, and has barely changed for 10 years.
>>
>>Zero community support?  Hardly.

>Tony, stealing software from the open-source community to prop up

You can't "steal" open source software.  You can violate a license
agreement, but it isn't "stealing".  But that's not what I was
referring to to: this newsgroup is an example of community support.

>their aging, neglected products can hardly be considered "community

The products are not neglected; in fact OSR5 is getting some long
over due upgrading.

>support". SCO are wilfully violating the GPL, claiming that since they
>don't recognise the GPL they should have carte blanche to just take
>anyone's work for themselves. Thus, anyone using SCO's products are
>also breaking the terms of the GPL (by agreeing to abide by SCO's
>terms). I'm not sure about the legal status of the one SCO support
>site I've seen which is providing binaries of GPL'ed products (most of
>which don't actually seem to work correctly), but I'll be contacting
>the hosting company to see what their view is ;-)

I think this is a definite problem area and have said so before.  We
aren't in disagreement:  you can't just pretend the GPL doesn't
exist just because of some theory Darl has.  But I do not see
how someone providing compiled binaries and source is violating
anything just because the target is SCO.  That makes no sense.

>Since SCO's own software is ridiculously out of date, it would be
>interesting to see how useful their "products" are without GPL'ed
>software. I'm not sure why it's taking so long to remove SCO support
>from GCC and the GLIBs to be honest. The sooner the better as far as
>I'm concerned...

That's a stupid comment.  Period.

>>And I wouldn't call the hardware support poor, either.  T'aint great,
>>but not poor.

>So obviously the Firewire, USB, Bluetooth, SATA, and all the latest
>hardware RAID, networking gear, storage, backup, sound and video
>hardware will work correctly then huh? No? That's what you get for
>alienating the people who write software for your company to use ;-)

Nope.  But there IS support for new hardware.  Never enough,
unfortunately, but the reality is that Msoft gets the attention,
and then everyone else.  Linux fortunately is getting a little
more respect and attention nowadays.

>>Finally, it certainly has changed in ten years,

>Yes, from trotting along with the other front-runners, SCO is now a
>sick, limping and lame pit-pony with a bolt-gun pointed at its head.
>The software is no longer developed, the company itself is little more

Incorrect.

>than a (some would say criminal) legal team with some sales support
>staff taking abusive phone calls every day. Microsoft and Sun are

From zealots like you?

>providing charity funding and calling the shots. The current
>management are involved in a get-rich-quick stock pumping scam, and

Unproven allegation.

>IBM are about to kill them in court. Let's not forget the ridicule

Perhaps.  More realistically, it could go either way, and could
do so for the wrong reasons.  In other words, they could lose in
spite of having a legitimate gripe or win in spite of it being
hog-wash.  It's complicated crapola, and is not even close to
the black and white, open and shut nonsense spouted on Groklaw.

>they've attracted with their constant, ludicrous press statements and

Some of Darl's statements are, I think, rather worse than ludicrous,
yes.

>"proof" of stolen code. The mystery group of mathematicians (who don't
>appear to exist) who analysed the Linux source by apparently using the
>command "grep -r smp /usr/src/linux" So you're right Tony, it has
>changed...

The OSes have changed considerably in 10 years.  You said that
they had not, and that was simply ignorant ranting.

>>but the funny part is that I
>>can easily find people running versions 10 years old and more, still
>>clunking through the work, day after day, year after year.

>Kind of proves the point that their customers from 10 years ago have
>seen nothing worth upgrading to, or have such simple requirements that

No.  Actually it's pretty common, as much as we might regret it:
"don't fix what ain't broke" is pretty much what happens.

>anything would do the job, or (more likely) are in the unfortunate
>position of being chained to an old, abandoned piece of proprietory
>software which can only run on their ancient systems. This is just
>sad, and I'd feel ashamed to be making money by milking a company
>that's stuck in this situation.

"Milking"?

The company that is stuck with ancient software is often looking
at upgrade costs they just cannot afford.  Many of these places
are small; five to fifty employees, and not making piles of cash.
Anticipating a $60,000 upgrade like one of my clients just went
through to move to a Microsoft platform is just too much - they
can't do it.  Nor do they necessarily NEED to.  Sometimes the
"ancient" software is doing exactly what they need it to do.

I'm not "milking" someone by helping them do whatever it is they
need to do.  I helped the guy above move to Windows and turned
him over to another consultant 'cause I don't like Windows.
I've helped other people move to Linux, and I help some stay
on SCO.  None of it is "milking".

--
tony@aplawrence.com Unix/Linux/Mac OS X  resources: http://aplawrence.com
apl (184)
12/20/2003 2:31:09 PM
Just trying to defuse another "Let's Jump On Tony With Both Feet"
flamefest...

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 14:31:09 +0000 (UTC), Tony Lawrence
<apl@shell01.TheWorld.com> wrote:

>FyRE <FyRE@toktik.demon.ku.oc.x> wrote:

FyRE, you jumped on Jorge with both feet before finding out WHY he's
working with SCO OpenServer in the first place. Remember, the bulk of the
guys here are just schmoes like you and me earning a living. Perhaps he's
new to the company (either as an employee or a consultant) and it's
already established as a SCO shop--he might be well acquainted with the
other *nixes, but that's what he has to work with in his environment. As
things unfold in the IBM case and he gains more respect in the company,
he'd probably be in better shape to propose a migration to something else.

Personally, I get my hackles up with anyone who says that what I use isn't
"real". That goes back to my early days in computing (around 1990) when
all I had were a couple of Radio Shack TRS-80 Model III's (and glad to
have 'em) and people in the user group I'd joined asked when I was going
to get a "real" computer. If it's not fictitious or "virtual", it's real;
if it's bought and paid for and does what *I* need it to do, my standard
question is, "Are you offering to pay for my 'real'
computer/software/printer/etc.?"

>>>Zero community support?  Hardly.

Tony, would you elaborate on what kind of community (i.e., not provided by
SCO) support there is for the SCO *nixes outside the comp.unix.sco* and
comp.unix.xenix* hierarchies on Usenet and your blog? I'm thinking both in
terms of technical assistance and those who are developing programs
(proprietary as well as open source) to make life easier for SCO admins
and users?

And what about ongoing program development and support? I understand that
at one time the SCO *nixes were well-respected because of their wide
application support, but I understand that's declining. What's happening
today in the application world of SCO *nixes?

I'm specifically wondering what's happening in the community outside of
SCO itself. I'm not sure that SCO's really doing much outside of vaporware
and incorporating GPL packages--plus if things continue as they are in
court, there may not even BE a SCO this time next year. So I want to know
what's happening in the world outside of SCO.

BTW, you don't have to elaborate extensively here if you have URLs to
refer me to.

>>Tony, stealing software from the open-source community to prop up

FyRE, I don't think he was even thinking about the open-source community
when he referred to community support. Let him clarify himself.

>You can't "steal" open source software.  You can violate a license
>agreement, but it isn't "stealing".  But that's not what I was
>referring to to: this newsgroup is an example of community support.

Actually, SCO's doing neither (to anybody's confirmed knowledge). When
FyRE refers to "stealing software", I don't think he means it in the legal
sense. Rather, I think he's referring to the moral hypocrisy of bundling
GPL'ed software into their packages while publicly (and legally?)
challenging the validity of the GPL itself. Which raises the logical
question to SCO, "If you're rejecting the license under which this
software is distributed, under what terms are you using the copyrighted
code of the contributors to, for example, Samba?" GPL code is not public
domain code, despite what The Darl would have us to believe. It's
copyrighted code that is released for distribution under the terms of the
GPL. No GPL, no permission to use without securing an alternative
permission. It's that simple.

Now, if it comes out that SCO has incorporated GPL code into UnixWare
itself (and not just bundled GPL packages with it), that would be
"stealing" at least as far as the RIAA, MPAA and BSA would call it--use of
copyrighted material without permission. There have been hints and reports
that this has happened, but not to the extent that there's a basis for a
case.

>> I'm not sure about the legal status of the one SCO support
>>site I've seen which is providing binaries of GPL'ed products (most of
>>which don't actually seem to work correctly), but I'll be contacting
>>the hosting company to see what their view is ;-)
>
>...But I do not see how someone providing compiled binaries and source
>is violating anything just because the target is SCO.  That makes no sense.

Since SCO is distributing SCO Linux code (which was released under the
GPL) under terms that are more restrictive than the GPL, that will be for
the Free Software Foundation to address--to demand that the code again be
freely accessible under GPL terms or to discontinue distributing it. I'm
sure that they're preparing a case and/or cease-and-desist actions to be
initiated at the time they think best.

And speaking of community support, this thread is entitled "Problem
Installing SCO 5.0.6." Will you two quit bickering and either give Jorge
some HELP with his problem or else SHUT UP? Thank you.

--
I'm Mike--James' Dad, hence "JamesDad". I use this nym in memory of my
son James Webb (1992-2000) who died fighting leukemia. He was a greater
JamesDad <mewnewsARROGANCE@mailandnews.com> wrote:

>Tony, would you elaborate on what kind of community (i.e., not provided by
>SCO) support there is for the SCO *nixes outside the comp.unix.sco* and
>comp.unix.xenix* hierarchies on Usenet and your blog? I'm thinking both in
>terms of technical assistance and those who are developing programs
>(proprietary as well as open source) to make life easier for SCO admins
>and users?

I believe that the sum of the comp.unix.sco.* newsgroups, my web site,
and the other web sites I list at http://aplawrence.com/Links/sites.html
(not all of which are SCO related but a number are) adds up to
a number that is larger than zero.  I was unaware that we were
trying to reach any other tally.

>And what about ongoing program development and support? I understand that
>at one time the SCO *nixes were well-respected because of their wide
>application support, but I understand that's declining. What's happening
>today in the application world of SCO *nixes?

I couldn't say.  A number of important products have disappeared
recently, but most have them have gone solely Windows.  My guess
is that the number of reasonably well known products that run
on SCO isn't much different than the count for Linux, but I'd
also bet that is changing fairly quickly.

>I'm specifically wondering what's happening in the community outside of
>SCO itself. I'm not sure that SCO's really doing much outside of vaporware

That's apparently not true, as they have announced major upgrades
and a roadmap for getting there.  They are releasing some of this
in stages, so we'll easily be able to judge that.

--
tony@aplawrence.com Unix/Linux/Mac OS X  resources: http://aplawrence.com
apl (184)
12/20/2003 9:25:56 PM
JamesDad <mewnewsARROGANCE@mailandnews.com> wrote:

>And speaking of community support, this thread is entitled "Problem
>Installing SCO 5.0.6." Will you two quit bickering and either give Jorge
>some HELP with his problem or else SHUT UP? Thank you.

Threads drift.  If you've been around Usenet any time at all, you
certainly know that.  Remember this also:  people can ASK any
damn thing they want, but what gets discussed isn't necessarily
what they wanted to hear.

If you think it has drifted too far, change the Subject: line.

--
tony@aplawrence.com Unix/Linux/Mac OS X  resources: http://aplawrence.com
apl (184)

NFS SCo 5.0.5 with SCO 6.0.0
Hi everybody, I have a folder on SCO 5.0.5 server shared through NFS with a new SCO 6.0.0 with MP2 server (converted from a SCO 5.0.6 version). Before conversion file locks (over network) on this folder works well (eg from server SCO 5.0.6 I was able to see locks generated from SCO 5.0.5 box and viceversa), now with SCO 6.0.0 does not work ! I see that on SCO 6.0.0 the lockd daemon is active .. so it should work ... Please can you help me ? Thanks Cuffiette ...

Looking for precompiled 'rsync" for SCO 5.0.5, 5.0.6 and 5.0.7
I was recommended to use 'rsync' for multi-site transfers. But I have come to find that "rsync" does not exist already in OpenServer 5.0.5, 5.0.6 and 5.0.7. You can only get the "source" files which you "must" compile in order to create the "rsync." These seems to require that you compile these on every level of OpenServer you need. Where / how can I get the 'rsync' binaries already compiled for the levels I need? smlunatick typed (on Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 11:10:53AM -0700): | I was recommended to use 'rsync' for multi-site transfers. But I have | come to find that "rsync" does not exist already in OpenServer 5.0.5, | 5.0.6 and 5.0.7. You can only get the "source" files which you "must" | compile in order to create the "rsync." These seems to require that | you compile these on every level of OpenServer you need. | | Where / how can I get the 'rsync' binaries already compiled for the | levels I need? Get a binary for OSR 5.0.7, and with oss646c, it should run on 5.0.4, 5.0.5, and 5.0.6. Binary afavilable on Brian White's page at www.aljex.com/bkw. -- JP On Aug 18, 7:37=A0pm, Jean-Pierre Radley <j...@jpr.com> wrote: > smlunatick typed (on Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 11:10:53AM -0700): > | I was recommended to use 'rsync' for multi-site transfers. =A0But I hav= e > | come to find that "rsync" does not exist already in OpenSer...

Problem Installing SCO OpenServer 5.0.5
Hi, Am trying to install SCO OpenServer 5.0.5 on a PIII with a 20GB Maxtor HD. I manage to install fine (no errors showing) and get UNIX to see the entire drive but upon reboot (removing the floppy and CD-ROM as instructed), instead of teh boot: prompt, it says NO OS. What am I doing wrong? Thanks, Don Don wrote: > > Hi, > > Am trying to install SCO OpenServer 5.0.5 on a PIII with a 20GB Maxtor > HD. I manage to install fine (no errors showing) and get UNIX to see > the entire drive but upon reboot (removing the floppy and CD-ROM as > instructed), instead of teh boot: prompt, it says NO OS. > > What am I doing wrong? > > Thanks, > Don Put this into www.groups.google and view the post by Bella: stamp dparam group:comp.unix.sco.misc -- Steve Fabac S.M. Fabac & Associates 816/765-1670 ...

Trying to compile putty-0.60 on SCO UNIX 5.0.7 with GCC and SCO Dev
I am trying to compile putty downloaded from http://linux.softpedia.com/progDownload/PuTTY-Download-347.html but get the error below. gcc -g -O2 -Wall -Werror -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DHAVE_X11 -DHAVE_X -DSYSV -Di386 -DS CO325 -D__SCO__ -DHAVE_XAW -DHAVE_SHAPE_EXT -DHAVE_SHAPE -DHAVE_SHM_EXT -DHAVE_X SHM -DHAVE_XCONVERTCASE -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr /include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/gl ib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/X11R6/include -I.././ -I../charset/ -I../windows/ -I../unix/ -I../mac/ -I../macosx/ -c ../ proxy.c cc1: warnings being treated as errors .../proxy.c: In function `proxy_for_destination': .../proxy.c:315: warning: implicit declaration of function `strncasecmp' gmake: *** [proxy.o] Error 1 # My programming skill level tops out at ./configure and make. Searching for instances of strncasecmp in the putty working directory shows: /tmp/putty-0.60/unix # cd .. # find . -type f -print | xargs grep strncasecmp | less ../mac/stricmp.c:#define strncasecmp strnicmp ../mac/stricmp.c:strncasecmp(s1, s2, n) ../unix/unix.h:#define strnicmp strncasecmp (END) In unix/unix.h: #define DEFAULT_CODEPAGE 0xFFFF #define CP_UTF8 CS_UTF8 /* from libcharset */ #define strnicmp strncasecmp #define stricmp strcasecmp /* BSD-semantics version of signal(), and another helpful function */ void (*putty_signal(int sig, void (*func)(int)))(int); void block_si...

SCO 5.0.5 vs. 6.0
I'm having a new server built: SuperMicro P4SC8 Mother Board Intel P4 3.0Ghz 800 FSB 1GB CPU 73GB 10K 80 PIN SCSI Drive Sony 20/40GB DAT Drive SDT11000/BN DDS4 Adaptec 2010S Card for Mirroring Comtrol Rockport Card 99126-7 Is there any reason I should update my current version of SCO 5.0.5? Frank The following article is a recommendation from SCO when using P4 http://www.sco.com/ta/115963 "FrankS" <fshank@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:CqT_f.65026$H71.37215@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com... > I'm having a new server built: > > SuperMicro P4SC8 Mother Board > Intel P4 3.0Ghz 800 FSB 1GB CPU > 73GB 10K 80 PIN SCSI Drive > Sony 20/40GB DAT Drive SDT11000/BN DDS4 > > Adaptec 2010S Card for Mirroring > > Comtrol Rockport Card 99126-7 > > > > Is there any reason I should update my current version of SCO 5.0.5? > > > > Frank > > > > > > FrankS wrote: > I'm having a new server built: > > SuperMicro P4SC8 Mother Board > Intel P4 3.0Ghz 800 FSB 1GB CPU > 73GB 10K 80 PIN SCSI Drive > Sony 20/40GB DAT Drive SDT11000/BN DDS4 > > Adaptec 2010S Card for Mirroring > > Comtrol Rockport Card 99126-7 > > > > Is there any reason I should update my current version of SCO 5.0.5? Frank, OpenServer 5.0.5 is a retired product and is no longer generally supported by SCO. OpenServer 5.0.5 is not designed to work on P4 systems and y...

SCO OpenServe 6.0.0 Filesystem MUCH Faster Than 5.0.6
The speed of the SCO OpenServer 6.0.0 filesystem is quite noticeably faster than I enjoyed on OpenServer 5.0.6. How do I know? I donno, but it feels and seems so. I didn't expect this, so I didn't make these tests while still on 5.0.6, but I KNOW I have a lot more files and directories on 6.0.0 than I did on 5.0.6. The Verify of my Last Master Backup shows what is on my systen: 255191 files were encountered 167 files were excluded 9 files were not checked because the hard disk file had been modified by a program since it was backed up 2 files were not checked for various reasons 28870 special files (links, directories, devices, etc.) 226143 files verified successfully Master Backups using LONE-TAR(tm) to DVD+RW media ran at about 70-75 MB/min on OSR 5.0.6 but run at 175+ MB/min on 6.0.0, and if I turn off compression run at 260+ MB/min. To see how long it takes to search for a non-existant file: [trebor] ~: time find . -name XPMNYTRE real 0m58.59s user 0m1.72s sys 0m10.96s And to see how many directories had to be read: [trebor] ~: find . -type d | wc -l 23745 Bob -- Bob Stockler +-+ bob@trebor.iglou.com +-+ http://members.iglou.com/trebor Author: MENU EDIT II - The BEST Creator/Editor/Manager for filePro User Menus. Fully functional (time-limited) demos available by email request (specify OS). On Fri, Nov 25, 2005 at 11:01:36AM -0500, Bob Stockler wrote: > The speed of the SCO ...

SCO 5.0.5/5.0.6 bios clock, time zone and synching
Hi All, Does SCO expect the BIOS clock to be set to UTC? Ive got a few SCO boxen spread across a couple of time zones and at the moment, the bios clocks in the servers are set to localtime not UTC. The timezone settings in SCO Admin are also wrong. I was under the impression *nix always expects the BIOS clock to be set to UTC and then the timezone settings in SCO tell the OS what the local time is. This does not seem to be the case for me. On a testing box, Ive set the BIOS clock to UTC, set the correct timezone in scoadmin but the date command in a root shell still gives the wrong time. Either the timezone information in scoadmin for my timezone is wrong and I need to set up an unlisted timezone (which I can do easily enough) or im missing something more fundamental here. Anyone care to wield a clue-bat? cheers John Smith wrote: > Does SCO expect the BIOS clock to be set to UTC? > > Ive got a few SCO boxen spread across a couple of time zones and at > the moment, the bios clocks in the servers are set to localtime not > UTC. > The timezone settings in SCO Admin are also wrong. > > I was under the impression *nix always expects the BIOS clock to be > set to UTC and then the timezone settings in SCO tell the OS what the > local time is. > This does not seem to be the case for me. > On a testing box, Ive set the BIOS clock to UTC, set the correct > timezone in scoadmin but the date command in a root shell still gives > the wro...

FAXing from SCO Unix 5.0.6
I'm supporting a SCO Unix 5.0.6 machine. I don't want to spend $1700 on a "fax server solution". Instead, I'm looking for a fax modem for which there are drivers for SCO or generic enough for Unix in general. I also need "fax software" to enable the whole endeavor. All I'm attempting is what is done quite readily in Windows: print to a psuedo-driver which, in turn, invokes the fax s/w that solicits the phone number to fax to and any other required info. I don't need all kinds of fancy options like choices for cover pages, etc. The application used by my client is strictly text-based - no GUI. Any advice for public-domain - or inexpensive - software to accomplish this is much appreciated. Regards, David On Fri, Apr 18, 2008, David wrote: >I'm supporting a SCO Unix 5.0.6 machine. I don't want to spend $1700 on >a "fax server solution". Instead, I'm looking for a fax modem for which >there are drivers for SCO or generic enough for Unix in general. I also >need "fax software" to enable the whole endeavor. > >All I'm attempting is what is done quite readily in Windows: print to a >psuedo-driver which, in turn, invokes the fax s/w that solicits the >phone number to fax to and any other required info. I don't need all >kinds of fancy options like choices for cover pages, etc. The >application used by my client is strictly text-based - no GUI. &g...

SCO Unix 5.0.6, errors
Hi, I am getting the error(s); HTFS: Inode 11915 on HTFS dev hd (1/43) has bad type 000000000000 HTFS: I/O failure occured accessing logical block 477364230 on HTFS dev hd (1/43) and then the system shuts down. Is there any way to fix these? We have done the command 'unix auto' at the Boot: prompt and it goes through its file system checks and appears to correct some problems. We have had some corruption on the database but were able to fix the problems. Our next plan of action is to clone the drive, but if anyone has any other suggestions for a way to fix this issue I would appreciate it. Lori Calkins It would help if you'd provided disk information, such as how many partitions. I'm guessing from what you provided that the problem is on the root partition. By default 5.0.6 doesn't check the root file system on an auto boot. What you're seeing is the file system checks on the rest of the partitions. When you get the Boot: prompt just press enter. Eventually you'll be prompted for the root password to enter maintenance mode. Do that. Then type fsck / Ray Robert Three Star Software Lori wrote: > Hi, > I am getting the error(s); > > HTFS: Inode 11915 on HTFS dev hd (1/43) has bad type 000000000000 > HTFS: I/O failure occured accessing logical block 477364230 on HTFS dev > hd (1/43) > > and then the system shuts down. > > Is there any way to fix these? We have done the command 'unix auto' at >...

Sco OpenServer upgrading 5.0.6 to 5.0.7
I need some help. I need to upgrade my Sco O.S.506 to 507 and told me that I need to reinstall all the operative system and not the upgrading of it. Is it true ? Thanks in advance and excuse me if before someone alredy answered this query but I do not find anything about this matter bye Roberto Pineapple typed (on Wed, Apr 07, 2004 at 01:39:46PM +0200): | I need some help. | I need to upgrade my Sco O.S.506 to 507 and told me that I need to reinstall | all the operative system and not the upgrading of it. | Is it true ? No. | Thanks in advance and excuse me if before someone alredy answered this query | but I do not find anything about this matter While In-Place Upgrades do now work considerably better than they did a few years ago, I *still* counsel against them. Use my savefiles script, make good backups, and then a fresh install. -- JP "Pineapple" <roberquaNO@SPAMvirgilio.it> wrote in message news:<c50pa5$vri$1@newsreader.mailgate.org>... > I need some help. > I need to upgrade my Sco O.S.506 to 507 and told me that I need to reinstall > all the operative system and not the upgrading of it. > Is it true ? > Thanks in advance and excuse me if before someone alredy answered this query > but I do not find anything about this matter > > bye > Roberto I had same problem, and I was unable to upgrade . Only fresh reinstall was Ok. Pineapple <roberquaNO@spamvirgilio.it> wrote: >I need some help. >I need to...

SCO Open Server 5.0.6 versus 5.0.4
Hi, Anybody can point me to info or can state if there is a performance improvement from running 5.0.6 versus 5.0.4. Application is database access centered. Regards, Marian news wrote: > Hi, > Anybody can point me to info or can state if there is a performance > improvement from running 5.0.6 versus 5.0.4. Application is database access > centered. I don't think you are going to get a useful answer. Let's assume that I could authoritatively say that 5.0.6 has performance related improvements over .4 in certain areas. I can't recall if it does or doesn't, but the release notes would surely mention any. But so what? What does that say about YOUR application? Do we know where its performance issuees are now? Nope. We could assume it's probably disk bound, because that's a pretty safe assumption most any time, but even if true, what have you done for better or worse in that regard already? Maybe this is an Oracle database and you have it running on a RAID 5 system. As that's usually going to be a bad idea, you could gain nothing even if 5.0.6 did otherwise provide features that would otherwise improve your lot. Maybe you have the whole thing improperly tuned. Maybe you have it so perfectly tuned that an upgrade would make it worse because everything is so critically balanced to what you have now.. There are plenty of good reasons to upgrade to 5.0.6/7. If that's what you are lookimg for (a reason to sell the idea to ...

SCO Openserver 5.0.6 installation help
Hi, Any body help me for installating the SCO OSR 5.0.6 server in IBM X3400 with Serveraid 8k card. While in the boot time i gave the Boot: link atfter that i gave "aacraid" and insert the floppy at USB floppy driver it start installing then it ask for BTLD floppy, after this step i does not know how to install this. How can i get that BTLD file. Brds Rajesh Far as I know, you can't do USB anything with 506. Need 507 or higher to access USB floppy. Carl On Apr 12, 5:38 pm, C...@eatontown.net wrote: > Far as I know, you can't do USB anything with 506. Need > 507 or higher to access USB floppy. > > Carl Dear Carl, Thanks for your reply, IBM x3400 server doesn't have the floppy drive comptability, is there any other way. Pls tell me. Brds Rajesh On 12 Apr, 15:30, enrajesh.ku...@gmail.com wrote: > On Apr 12, 5:38 pm, C...@eatontown.net wrote: > > > Far as I know, you can't do USB anything with 506. Need > > 507 or higher to access USB floppy. > > > Carl > > Dear Carl, > > Thanks for your reply, > > IBM x3400 server doesn't have the floppy drive comptability, is there > any other way. Pls tell me. Upgrade to OpenServer 6 if you want to install on this system or install on a system that does not have USB if you want to continue to use OpenServer 5.0.6 (which is old and no longer supported). John > On 12 Apr, 15:30, enrajesh.ku...@gmail.com wrote: > > On Apr 1...

How to install LDAP server on SCO 5.0.6
I want to install LDAP ( http://www.gracion.com/server/whatldap.html ) on my sco box, Is there a installation guide for SCO ? Thanks E Arredondo wrote: > I want to install LDAP ( http://www.gracion.com/server/whatldap.html ) on my > sco box, Is there a installation guide for SCO ? > > Thanks > > Sure thing.. http://aplawrence.com/Unixart/ldap.html -- Tony Lawrence Unix/Linux/Mac OS X resources: http://aplawrence.com "Tony Lawrence" <foo@pcunix.com> wrote in message news:mIOdndGAeYyuWOrfRVn-vg@comcast.com... >E Arredondo wrote: >> I want to install LDAP ( http://www.gracion.com/server/whatldap.html ) on >> my sco box, Is there a installation guide for SCO ? >> >> Thanks >> >> > > Sure thing.. > > > http://aplawrence.com/Unixart/ldap.html > > > -- > Tony Lawrence > Unix/Linux/Mac OS X resources: http://aplawrence.com Thank you so much ! ...

SCO unix 5.0.6 web services setup
I need to install the "web services" deal on my unix box so that when a customer sends me requests with SOAP or XML my system accepts the call on the specific port. Is there a process to do that ? I'm currently running netscape fastract as a web server, I heard I need apache + axis , Are there other options to setup the web services ? thanks Where can I get this new Web Service from SCO ? Is it under their ftp site or I have to pay for it ? http://www.crn.com/sections/breakingnews/dailyarchives.jhtml;jsessionid=ERBHJ1BYLZ3IUQSNDBGCKH0CJUMEKJVN?articleId=18824984&_requestid=1614593 In spite of the legal circus engulfing The SCO Group--and lingering concerns about the Unix company's future--top executives took the opportunity at the company's annual partner conference in Las Vegas to outline SCO's new Internet and Web services offerings and assert its intent to stay in business. At SCO Forum 2003, SCO announced the delivery of key component of its SCOx Web services initiative--SCOx WebFace Solution Suite 4.0--as well as the SCOsms Web Services API and SCObiz Web Services APIs. The company's SCOx direction and Web services API plans were unveiled last April. The enhanced suite and new APIs, designed to enable partners and customers to migrate legacy Unix applications to a services-oriented architecture, consists of the WebFace Browser Application Platform and WebFace Studio development platform. SCO's Web servic...

sco 5.0.5. boot problems
Hi all Hi have a boot problem Several times when my SCO Server (running SCO Open server ver. 5.0.5.) boots it stops at the kernel line: G_hd_config and hangs. SO i have to switch off the server and power on another time then it starts normally without stoping. The server configuration is the following: Main board Supermicro with Adaptec 7980 dual channel CPU Xeon 550 Mhz. 256 Mb. RAM HD 9 Gb. SCSI Tandberg Backup Unit Thanks in advance Piertonio piertonio typed (on Fri, Jul 08, 2005 at 05:01:17PM +0200): | Hi all | Hi have a boot problem | Several times when my SCO Server (running SCO Open server ver. 5.0.5.) boots | it stops at the kernel line: G_hd_config and hangs. SO i have to switch off | the server and power on another time then it starts normally without | stoping. | The server configuration is the following: | | Main board Supermicro with Adaptec 7980 dual channel | CPU Xeon 550 Mhz. | 256 Mb. RAM | HD 9 Gb. SCSI | Tandberg Backup Unit You forgot to tell us which supplements and patches are applied. -- JP Sorry... here you are !! SCO OpenServer Enterprise System (ver 5.0.5m) ** ** Specialix SX serial support (ver 2.1.0) ** ** UDK Compatibility Module for OpenServer 5.0.5 (ver 5.0.5A) ** ** RS505A: Release Supplement for SCO OpenServer Release 5.0.5 (ver rs5 ** ** RS505A: Software Manager Supplement (ver rs505a) ** ** Year 2000 Supplement for RS505A (ver oss600a) ** ** Thank you Piertonio "Jean-Pi...

Problems with SCO 5.0.6 and Informix 7.12 (long)
Hi everybody. I'd like to share with the groups a problem a customer of ours is facing on a 5.0.6 box with an old Informix 7.12 database (operating on a RAW partition). I apologize in advance for the length of the message but I'd like to provide you with all the info I gathered. First of all, here are the details of the OS: SCO OS 5.0.6 + SMP + RS506A + OSS648A + OSS651A + OSS644B + OSS650A. The box is an IBM Server xSeries 255 (8685-C1X) with an IBM CONTROLLER ServeRAID-6M (drivers v 7.10); the disks are arranged in a RAID-5 array (HW driven). This box is a dual Xeon 3.2 Ghz box with 4GB of RAM. This server hosts approx 350 users with an account package written in 4GL. Approx once or twice a day, the database server (namely, a couple of instances of "oninit") ends up taking approx 99% of the CPU usage so forcing the administrator to manually "kill" (-9) these processes and issue an "oninit" to get the engine back to work. One way to trigger the hang is the parallel execution of a HUGE query (which handles several MILLIONS records); as soon as the operation starts, "sar -U" reports an high %wio value but the system does not slow too much. After approx 30 to 40 minutes after, the HD lights (which were pretty "wild" during the query) return to a more normal flashing and the above oninit instances are frozen. I have to say that the OS continues to operate fine; in fact, customers are able to telnet into it witho...

Are there simply inharent problems with SCO 5.0.6 IP printing ?
Hello All, I have been trying to get IP printing for some time to work. It does work for the most part. The company I work for has big cron job. These are order pics that can be many hundreds. The first attempt used HP Jetdirect. The problem happens when there is a printer error. Out of paper or just a paper jam. Please don't ask me about the printer errors there is nobody there at 3am. The printer is attached to a 3 port HPJet Direct 500X. The sympton of the problem is to duplicate print jobs. The job would be shipped twice if not caught. I then attempted to implent netcat. Now when there is a printer error it just stops and the rest of the orders are lost. The system has a Digi serial controler epca - - - mem=0xFE400000 ports=48 PCI X(e)m V6.0.6 I would prefer to get off the Digi controler if I can. Don't want to play with rts/cts, xon/xoff. This is a printek 4003 printer If anybody has input on this I would like to hear it. btb "Brent Bolin" <brent@dbprograms.com> wrote in message news:fafbd945.0312101431.443df26c@posting.google.com... > Hello All, > > I have been trying to get IP printing for some time to work. It does > work for the most part. > > The company I work for has big cron job. These are order pics that > can be many hundreds. > > The first attempt used HP Jetdirect. The problem happens when there > is a printer error. Out of paper or just a paper jam. > ...

Help with installing DAT drive on SCO Openserver 5.0.6
Hi there, I was wondering wjether someone could please assist me in installing a DAT drive. My setup is as follows:- Hardware : DELL Optiplex GX110 OS : SCO Openserver 5.0.6 Backup Device : HP SureStore DAT40 (External) SCSI card : Adaptec 2940UW I have bought the DAT drive and SCSI card, after I checked that they are compatible with my version of SCO OpenServer, so both should work. But, when I use the "mkdev tape" command, I run into an area that I know very little about. Could someone please guide me into what's the correct procedure for an installation. Many thanks Aaron8123 vinceranny@gmail.com wrote: > Hi there, > > I was wondering wjether someone could please assist me in installing a > DAT drive. > > My setup is as follows:- > > Hardware : DELL Optiplex GX110 > OS : SCO Openserver 5.0.6 > Backup Device : HP SureStore DAT40 (External) > SCSI card : Adaptec 2940UW > > I have bought the DAT drive and SCSI card, after I checked that they > are compatible with my version of SCO OpenServer, so both should work. > > But, when I use the "mkdev tape" command, I run into an area that I > know very little about. > > Could someone please guide me into what's the correct procedure for an > installation. Correct procedure? "mkdev tape", answer the questions. Now what question are you having trouble with? See http://aplawrence.com/Unixart/tapes.html http://aplawrence.com/...

Installing a new SCSI tape device on SCO 5.0.6
Hello, I'm trying to install a SCSI tape device on SCO 5.0.6 and get the error below while compiling the kernel. Does anybody know what this error below means and how to fix it. I will appreciate your help. Rg, Herman ------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------------- Root for this system build is / i386ld: Symbol Sdsk_no_tag in /var/opt/K/SCO/link/1.1.1Ga/etc/conf/pack.d/blad/space.o is multiply defined. First defined in /var/opt/K/SCO/link/1.1.1Ga/etc/conf/pack.d/alad/space.o i386ld: Symbol Sdsk_no_sg in /var/opt/K/SCO/link/1.1.1Ga/etc/conf/pack.d/blad/space.o is multiply defined. First defined in /var/opt/K/SCO/link/1.1.1Ga/etc/conf/pack.d/alad/space.o ERROR: Can not link-edit unix idbuild: idmkunix had errors. System build failed. Error: Kernel link failed. Restoring files in /etc/conf to original state: -- Posted via http://dbforums.com Herman_S wrote: > I'm trying to install a SCSI tape device on SCO 5.0.6 and get the error > below while compiling the kernel. > > Does anybody know what this error below means and how to fix it. > Root for this system build is / > i386ld: Symbol Sdsk_no_tag in > /var/opt/K/SCO/link/1.1.1Ga/etc/conf/pack.d/blad/space.o is > multiply defined. > First defined in /var/opt/K/SCO/link/1.1.1Ga/etc/conf/pack.d/alad/space.o > i386ld: Symbol Sdsk_no_sg in > /var/opt/K/SCO/link/1.1.1G...

SCO 5 / SCO 6 Drivers
What is the difference between drivers for ancient SCO OpenServer 5 and SCO 6? Is it at all possible to get an SCO 5 driver to run on SCO 6? (Source not available). I suspect I shouldn't touch this with a barge pole. On Thursday, January 2, 2014 7:00:20 PM UTC+1, roberth...@yahoo.com wrote: > What is the difference between drivers for ancient SCO OpenServer 5 and SCO 6? > > Is it at all possible to get an SCO 5 driver to run on SCO 6? (Source not available). > > I suspect I shouldn't touch this with a barge pole. I think that SCO OpenServer 5 was based on...

Re: CANNOT INSTALL SCO 5.0.6 ON IBM X206
--NextPart_Webmail_9m3u9jl4l_25755_1157039424_0 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit I got mine to work fine! I used: linl= Sdsk=ips(0,0,0,0) Srom=(0,0,0,0) did you try that? Brandt -------------- Original message -------------- From: "Bruno" <bruno@nospam.com> > Hi > > Adapter is ServRaid 7e and SCIS devices are : > SCSI ID #7 : Adaptec AIC-7901 > SCSI ID #9 : IBM 25P3471a S320 2 > SCSI ID #12 : IBM-ESX ST336754LC FN > > At the boot : Drive 0080 : detected > > And at the prompt, I type > restart link="ipsraid" Sdsk=ips(0,0,12,0) Srom=wd(0,0,0,0) > > After give the BTLD floppy : > ipsraid: Driver "ips" succesfully loaded > Character major = 6 > > But installer don't find any SCSI controler : > WARNING: hd: no root disk controller was found > > So I tried ipsraid drivers and others setting but nothing works! > > Could you help me ? > > Thanks > -- > > --NextPart_Webmail_9m3u9jl4l_25755_1157039424_0 Content-Type: text/html Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit <html><body> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>I got mine to work fine! </DIV> <DIV>I used:</DIV> <DIV>linl=&nbsp;Sdsk=ips(0,0,0,0) Srom=(0,0,0,0)</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>did you try that?</DIV> <DIV>Brandt</DIV> <BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: ...

Problem with SATA in Legacy mode SCO 5.0.6 and wd506 btld
I've been trying to restore a BackupEdge full backup of an SCO 5.0.6 system to an 80G SATA disk on an Intel S3000AHLX system board. This has not gone well. Every time I boot the RE2 media the hard disk geometry comes back as 4 heads, 17 sectors, 4791 cylinders. This is the output of defbootstr wd.debug=g: wd_calc_geom(total_Blks = 15663014888x) wd_calc_geom: head spin: sec = 63, heads = 16, spcyl = 1008, cyl = 155061 wd_calc_geom: head spin: sec = 63, heads = 32, spcyl = 2016, cyl = 77530 wd_calc_geom: head spin: sec = 63, heads = 64, spcyl = 4032, cyl = 38765 wd_calc_geom: head spin: sec = 63, heads = 128, spcyl = 8064, cyl = 9729 wd_calc_geom: head spin: sec = 63, heads = 255, spcyl = 16065, cyl = 9729 wd_calc_geom: returning sec = 63, heads = 255, spcyl = 16065, cyl = 155061 wd_set_geom: bootmisc.bioshds = 255, bootmisc.biossecs = 63, bootmisc.bioscyls = 9729 wd_set_geom: romTab hds = 4 romTab sec = 17 romTab Cyl = -536867492 Magic = 0x00 wd_set_geom: ValidTrans, heads = 4, sec = 17, cyl = 4791 wd_set_geom: final heads = 4, sec = 17, cyl = 4791 This makes fdisk unusable as fdisk only lists 19164 tracks (approximately 166M Byte). I forced a restore by using UBC4Win boot CD and partition magic and defined a UNIX partition that came out to be partition #4 as displayed by fdisk that is about 40G. Running divvy -i and adjusting the divisions resulted in a 4G root and 6G /dev/u file system and I was able to restore the backup edge archive to t...

Problems with Business Basic on SCO 5.0.5
Hello, experts! I have an SCO Unix 5.0.5 server running Business Basic programs. When I try to connect my Wx PC clients to the Unix, via a Terminal Emulator, say Telnet or SCO TermLite in an ansi mode or vt100 mode, the Business Basic program interface appears to be "corrupted". It means that the sent characters look very untidy. So, I guess that the problem is with the bbx2 and not with the terminal emulator. I was seeking for some tips in this google group, and I just found that somebody put the following line in the .profile: stty rows 0 columns 0 xpixels 0 ypixels 0 Has anybody had a similar problem like mine? Many thanks! Rosa "Rosa2003" <rosa2003rosa@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:b2bd6daa.0308071139.5736a8e4@posting.google.com... > Hello, experts! > I have an SCO Unix 5.0.5 server running Business Basic programs. > When I try to connect my Wx PC clients to the Unix, via a Terminal > Emulator, say Telnet or SCO TermLite in an ansi mode or vt100 mode, > the Business Basic program interface appears to be "corrupted". It > means that the sent characters look very untidy. So, I guess that the > problem is with the bbx2 and not with the terminal emulator. I was > seeking for some tips in this google group, and I just found that > somebody put the following line in the .profile: > stty rows 0 columns 0 xpixels 0 ypixels 0 > > Has anybody had a similar problem like mine? > Many thanks!...

Questions after successful SCO 6.0.0 install
I have several questions on a new install of SCO 6.0.0. I have not done these or it have been several years I have not done them. 1) How do I change keyboard / mouse from PS/2 to USB version? 2) How to add second "physical" hard drive that is already partitioned but has not "slice" / file systems? History of this server in question: This is a new IBM x3400 Quad-core system. Due to software firmware "conflicting" setting recommendations, disabling the ASF on built-in BroadComm network adapter (SCO 5.0.7 install before upgrade to 6.0.0,) the motherboard controller BCM shutdown the board. After 4 replacements, under warranty, was told to not to touch ASF settings (ok, will use 6.0.0) and found out today BCM reset method. System is work correctly however will not complete the install if using USB keyboard / mouse and USB floppy drive for additional HBA install. Used PS/2 keybaord to complete the install and once IBM field service reps fixed USB issues, switched to USB keyboard / mouse. Now the console is displaying "Integral console keyboard not found" warning. Since this will go to a client's site, I would like to remove this message. On 15 Apr, 16:46, smlunatick <yves...@gmail.com> wrote: > I have several questions on a new install of SCO 6.0.0. I have not > done these or it have been several years I have not done them. > > 1) How do I change keyboard / mouse from PS/2 to USB version? To change the mou...

Web resources about - problem installing SCO 5.0.6 - comp.unix.sco.misc

Solar panels are lifted into place.

Installing Virtru for Business on Your Google Domain - YouTube
Installing Virtru for Business takes about a minute through the Google Apps Marketplace. When you install Virtru for Business you gain the ability ...

Nine Sydney councils are getting ready to turn off the lights &ndash; 13,000 of them &ndash; to save more than $20 million.

Iran installing new nuclear equipment

Gillard defends installing Slipper