Problem Installing SCO OpenServer 5.0.5

Hi,

Am trying to install SCO OpenServer 5.0.5 on a PIII with a 20GB Maxtor
HD.  I manage to install fine (no errors showing) and get UNIX to see
the entire drive but upon reboot (removing the floppy and CD-ROM as
instructed), instead of teh boot: prompt, it says NO OS.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Don

0
donlcl (31)

Put this into www.groups.google and view the post by Bella: stamp dparam group:comp.unix.sco.misc

--

                                      Steve Fabac
                                       S.M. Fabac & Associates

NFS SCo 5.0.5 with SCO 6.0.0
Hi everybody, I have a folder on SCO 5.0.5 server shared through NFS with a new SCO 6.0.0 with MP2 server (converted from a SCO 5.0.6 version). Before conversion file locks (over network) on this folder works well (eg from server SCO 5.0.6 I was able to see locks generated from SCO 5.0.5 box and viceversa), now with SCO 6.0.0 does not work ! I see that on SCO 6.0.0 the lockd daemon is active .. so it should work ... Please can you help me ? Thanks Cuffiette ...

SYbase SQL & SCO OpenServer 5.0.4/5.0.5
Can somone help me with wich SQL versions runs on SCO OSR5.0.4 and SCO OSR 5.0.5? So your the customer SCO still has :-) Sorry.. Couldn't resist ! ASE 10.0.2 was certified on SCO OSR5.0.2 with OS patches SLS 422a, SLS 437a. It wasn't certified on anything higher. ASE 11.0.x was certified on 5.0.4, but nothing higher. Sybase doesn't support 10.x or 11.x any more ...

SCO OpenServer 5.0.4/5.0.5 New Daylight Savings dates
Has anyone yet come up with a solution on changing older SCO OpenServer 5.0.4 / 5.0.5 / 5.0.6 systems to accommodate the new daylight savings dates starting this year?? I have looked around at SCO's site and they have an update to install on 5.0.7 systems that also indicate you should install new libc, etc Anyone know how to fix this on older SCO OpenServer releases?? Thanks for any help Scott Ullmann Telespectrum sullmann@telespectrum.com scooter typed (on Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 12:37:58PM -0800): | Has anyone yet come up with a solution on changing older SCO OpenServer | 5.0.4 / 5.0.5 / 5.0.6 systems to accommodate the new daylight savings | dates starting this year?? | | I have looked around at SCO's site and they have an update to install | on 5.0.7 systems that also indicate you should install new libc, etc | | Anyone know how to fix this on older SCO OpenServer releases?? I'm in the EST timezone, and so I would edit /etc/TIMEZONE from: TZ=EST5EDT to: TZ=EST5EDT,M3,2,0/2,M11,1,0/2 -- JP ==> http://www.frappr.com/cusm <== On Jan 22, 4:24 pm, Jean-Pierre Radley <j...@jpr.com> wrote: > scooter typed (on Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 12:37:58PM -0800): > | Has anyone yet come up with a solution on changing older SCO OpenServer > | 5.0.4 / 5.0.5 / 5.0.6 systems to accommodate the new daylight savings > | dates starting this year?? > | > | I have looked around at SCO's site and they have an update to install > | on 5.0.7 ...

Looking for precompiled 'rsync" for SCO 5.0.5, 5.0.6 and 5.0.7
I was recommended to use 'rsync' for multi-site transfers. But I have come to find that "rsync" does not exist already in OpenServer 5.0.5, 5.0.6 and 5.0.7. You can only get the "source" files which you "must" compile in order to create the "rsync." These seems to require that you compile these on every level of OpenServer you need. Where / how can I get the 'rsync' binaries already compiled for the levels I need? smlunatick typed (on Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 11:10:53AM -0700): | I was recommended to use 'rsync' for multi-site transfers. But I have | come to find that "rsync" does not exist already in OpenServer 5.0.5, | 5.0.6 and 5.0.7. You can only get the "source" files which you "must" | compile in order to create the "rsync." These seems to require that | you compile these on every level of OpenServer you need. | | Where / how can I get the 'rsync' binaries already compiled for the | levels I need? Get a binary for OSR 5.0.7, and with oss646c, it should run on 5.0.4, 5.0.5, and 5.0.6. Binary afavilable on Brian White's page at www.aljex.com/bkw. -- JP On Aug 18, 7:37=A0pm, Jean-Pierre Radley <j...@jpr.com> wrote: > smlunatick typed (on Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 11:10:53AM -0700): > | I was recommended to use 'rsync' for multi-site transfers. =A0But I hav= e > | come to find that "rsync" does not exist already in OpenSer...

Sco OpenServer upgrading 5.0.6 to 5.0.7
I need some help. I need to upgrade my Sco O.S.506 to 507 and told me that I need to reinstall all the operative system and not the upgrading of it. Is it true ? Thanks in advance and excuse me if before someone alredy answered this query but I do not find anything about this matter bye Roberto Pineapple typed (on Wed, Apr 07, 2004 at 01:39:46PM +0200): | I need some help. | I need to upgrade my Sco O.S.506 to 507 and told me that I need to reinstall | all the operative system and not the upgrading of it. | Is it true ? No. | Thanks in advance and excuse me if before someone alredy answered this query | but I do not find anything about this matter While In-Place Upgrades do now work considerably better than they did a few years ago, I *still* counsel against them. Use my savefiles script, make good backups, and then a fresh install. -- JP "Pineapple" <roberquaNO@SPAMvirgilio.it> wrote in message news:<c50pa5$vri$1@newsreader.mailgate.org>... > I need some help. > I need to upgrade my Sco O.S.506 to 507 and told me that I need to reinstall > all the operative system and not the upgrading of it. > Is it true ? > Thanks in advance and excuse me if before someone alredy answered this query > but I do not find anything about this matter > > bye > Roberto I had same problem, and I was unable to upgrade . Only fresh reinstall was Ok. Pineapple <roberquaNO@spamvirgilio.it> wrote: >I need some help. >I need to...

sco 5.0.5. boot problems
Hi all Hi have a boot problem Several times when my SCO Server (running SCO Open server ver. 5.0.5.) boots it stops at the kernel line: G_hd_config and hangs. SO i have to switch off the server and power on another time then it starts normally without stoping. The server configuration is the following: Main board Supermicro with Adaptec 7980 dual channel CPU Xeon 550 Mhz. 256 Mb. RAM HD 9 Gb. SCSI Tandberg Backup Unit Thanks in advance Piertonio piertonio typed (on Fri, Jul 08, 2005 at 05:01:17PM +0200): | Hi all | Hi have a boot problem | Several times when my SCO Server (running SCO Open server ver. 5.0.5.) boots | it stops at the kernel line: G_hd_config and hangs. SO i have to switch off | the server and power on another time then it starts normally without | stoping. | The server configuration is the following: | | Main board Supermicro with Adaptec 7980 dual channel | CPU Xeon 550 Mhz. | 256 Mb. RAM | HD 9 Gb. SCSI | Tandberg Backup Unit You forgot to tell us which supplements and patches are applied. -- JP Sorry... here you are !! SCO OpenServer Enterprise System (ver 5.0.5m) ** ** Specialix SX serial support (ver 2.1.0) ** ** UDK Compatibility Module for OpenServer 5.0.5 (ver 5.0.5A) ** ** RS505A: Release Supplement for SCO OpenServer Release 5.0.5 (ver rs5 ** ** RS505A: Software Manager Supplement (ver rs505a) ** ** Year 2000 Supplement for RS505A (ver oss600a) ** ** Thank you Piertonio "Jean-Pi...

SCO Openserver 5.0.5 information
Hi guys, Before i start i have a confession to make. I have never used UNIX before! So this is something very tough and foreign to me. Q1: In my office there are a couple of computers running SCO Openserver 5.0.5 (and yes, it's very old). I would like to study is there any way to install 5.0.5 on a IBM based PC? Meaning those PCs which we assemble ourselves. Q2: I noticed SCO uses a host adapter and SCSI hard disk. Can i use the normal ATA IDE cable hard drive? Q3: If the first 2 questions' answer are yes, then where can i find the graphics and network card driver? or at least where can i check whether or not my graphics and network card are supported? Q4: Where can i find information on SCO Openserver 5.0.5? A million thanks. Ant_Magma wrote: > Q1: > In my office there are a couple of computers running SCO Openserver > 5.0.5 (and yes, it's very old). I would like to study is there any way > to install 5.0.5 on a IBM based PC? Meaning those PCs which we assemble > ourselves. OpenServer 5.0.5 will install on Intel and AMD 32 bit systems assuming the hardware is compatible and supported by the OS. You will need a license to do the install. > Q2: > I noticed SCO uses a host adapter and SCSI hard disk. Can i use the > normal ATA IDE cable hard drive? OpenServer 5.0.5 support for IDE drives is limited and you may have issues with large IDE drives and recognition of the fully capactiy of the drives. > Q3: > If the first 2 quest...

Problem using cron on SCO 5.0.5
Hi, I have a problem using cron on Compaq Proliant ML-370 O/S SCO 5.0.5.. Jobs have been scheduled for more than 20hrs. Problem is after executing the jobs for 6 to 7 hrs the cron stops functioning. I need to reboot Sco Unix in order for the cron to be started. This is a serious problem for me as i need to take databases tran's log dumps every hour, and definately its wrong way to reboot the server for cron to be started. Waiting for an answer and thanx. Regards Nitin Nitin Shinde made comment on Fri Jul 25 09:53:24 2003 : > Hi, > I have a problem using cron on Compaq Proliant ML-...

Trying to compile putty-0.60 on SCO UNIX 5.0.7 with GCC and SCO Dev
I am trying to compile putty downloaded from http://linux.softpedia.com/progDownload/PuTTY-Download-347.html but get the error below. gcc -g -O2 -Wall -Werror -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DHAVE_X11 -DHAVE_X -DSYSV -Di386 -DS CO325 -D__SCO__ -DHAVE_XAW -DHAVE_SHAPE_EXT -DHAVE_SHAPE -DHAVE_SHM_EXT -DHAVE_X SHM -DHAVE_XCONVERTCASE -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr /include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/gl ib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/X11R6/include -I.././ -I../charset/ -I../windows/ -I../unix/ -I../mac/ -I../macosx/ -c ../ proxy.c cc1: warnings being treated as errors .../proxy.c: In function `proxy_for_destination': .../proxy.c:315: warning: implicit declaration of function `strncasecmp' gmake: *** [proxy.o] Error 1 # My programming skill level tops out at ./configure and make. Searching for instances of strncasecmp in the putty working directory shows: /tmp/putty-0.60/unix # cd .. # find . -type f -print | xargs grep strncasecmp | less ../mac/stricmp.c:#define strncasecmp strnicmp ../mac/stricmp.c:strncasecmp(s1, s2, n) ../unix/unix.h:#define strnicmp strncasecmp (END) In unix/unix.h: #define DEFAULT_CODEPAGE 0xFFFF #define CP_UTF8 CS_UTF8 /* from libcharset */ #define strnicmp strncasecmp #define stricmp strcasecmp /* BSD-semantics version of signal(), and another helpful function */ void (*putty_signal(int sig, void (*func)(int)))(int); void block_si...

SCO 5.0.5/5.0.6 bios clock, time zone and synching
Hi All, Does SCO expect the BIOS clock to be set to UTC? Ive got a few SCO boxen spread across a couple of time zones and at the moment, the bios clocks in the servers are set to localtime not UTC. The timezone settings in SCO Admin are also wrong. I was under the impression *nix always expects the BIOS clock to be set to UTC and then the timezone settings in SCO tell the OS what the local time is. This does not seem to be the case for me. On a testing box, Ive set the BIOS clock to UTC, set the correct timezone in scoadmin but the date command in a root shell still gives the wrong time. E...

Problem using cron on SCO 5.0.5 #2
Hi, I have a problem using cron on SCO 5.0.5.. Jobs have been scheduled for more than 20hrs. Problem is after executing the jobs for 6 to 7 hrs the cron stops functioning. I need to reboot Sco Unix in order for the cron to be started. This is a serious problem for me as i need to take databases tran's log dumps every hour, and definately its wrong way to reboot the server for cron to be started. Waiting for an answer and thanx. Regards Nitin Nitin Shinde typed (on Fri, Jul 25, 2003 at 03:35:48AM -0700): | Hi, | I have a problem using cron on SCO 5.0.5.. Jobs have been scheduled | for ...

need advice installing sco 5.0.5 on proliant ml350
TA # 111072 Hello, I'm following the above TA document but I'm still getting the same result. When it gets to the part where it would start to install on the disks, it says it has no ROOT disk and can't continue. Any ideas on what to do now? This is a server installed with a 3200 array controller. Thanks, Oskar this is an update ... hello, I'm trying to install SCO 5.0.5 on proliant ML350 with a 3200 array controller. I found the SCO document specifying to use the BTLD disks to load the driver for the 3200 array controller. I follow those steps, but after the driver loads successfully, I see a warning: Test open failed "hd=Sdsk", no root disk controller. System configuration has not been run on this controller, use system configuration to assign order of this controller. I have the smartstart 5.5 disk and I've used it to prepare the server. I don't see any tools on it to run the system configuration. I've installed Proliant 800/1600's and they have the system config. available when you press F10 during bootup. I press F10 on this server and I don't get a menu where system config. is available. So....how can I get past this hurdle? Thanks, Oskar the complete warning message is as follows: Warning: ida: the order of the controller in slot 6 is unassigned - using ida0 Then follows the message saying system config. has not been run. I've tried...

install laser printer dell 5100cn on sco 5.0.5
I have a new laser printer dell 5100cn and I need to install it on unix but the drivers are for solaris and hp unix. somebody have a driver for sco or instructions for install? thanks sorry if my english is bad but i'm spanish Francisco wrote: > I have a new laser printer dell 5100cn and I need to install it on unix but > the drivers are for solaris and hp unix. According to Dell, the 5100cn supports * PCL6, PCL5e, Adobe� PostScript� 3 page description languages. * LPD, Port 9100, FTP protocols. > somebody have a driver for sco or instructions for install? > thanks You don't really need a driver in the usual sense. For a local printer you would set the 'model' to "HPLaserJet" (it inserts PCL5 control codes as required depending on lp command options). To handle the network protocol use netcat (usually recommended in this newsgroup) http://aplawrence.com/SCOFAQ/FAQ_scotec7getnetcat.html Alternatively you can use LPD. Use `scoadmin printer` and set up a new remote unix printer (deselecting the extended remote printing protocol). You may find this is simpler to set up than netcat. You don't get to specify a printer 'model' here. If your application doesn't emit PCL5 or Postscript then you might need to implement a virtual printer that allows you to add in the layout control codes (see http://aplawrence.com/SCOFAQ/scotec7.html "what is a virtual printer") OSR505 is pretty ancient. I'd consi...

SCO 5.0.5 vs. 6.0
I'm having a new server built: SuperMicro P4SC8 Mother Board Intel P4 3.0Ghz 800 FSB 1GB CPU 73GB 10K 80 PIN SCSI Drive Sony 20/40GB DAT Drive SDT11000/BN DDS4 Adaptec 2010S Card for Mirroring Comtrol Rockport Card 99126-7 Is there any reason I should update my current version of SCO 5.0.5? Frank The following article is a recommendation from SCO when using P4 http://www.sco.com/ta/115963 "FrankS" <fshank@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:CqT_f.65026$H71.37215@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com... > I'm having a new server built: > > SuperMicro P4SC8 Mother Board > Intel P4 3.0Ghz 800 FSB 1GB CPU > 73GB 10K 80 PIN SCSI Drive > Sony 20/40GB DAT Drive SDT11000/BN DDS4 > > Adaptec 2010S Card for Mirroring > > Comtrol Rockport Card 99126-7 > > > > Is there any reason I should update my current version of SCO 5.0.5? > > > > Frank > > > > > > FrankS wrote: > I'm having a new server built: > > SuperMicro P4SC8 Mother Board > Intel P4 3.0Ghz 800 FSB 1GB CPU > 73GB 10K 80 PIN SCSI Drive > Sony 20/40GB DAT Drive SDT11000/BN DDS4 > > Adaptec 2010S Card for Mirroring > > Comtrol Rockport Card 99126-7 > > > > Is there any reason I should update my current version of SCO 5.0.5? Frank, OpenServer 5.0.5 is a retired product and is no longer generally supported by SCO. OpenServer 5.0.5 is not designed to work on P4 systems and y...

Postgresql 7.4.1 Compile problem for SCO 5.0.5
I am trying to compile postgresql 7.4.1 for sco 5.0.5 and get the following error: "thread.c", line 269: error: undefined symbol: h_errno Any ideas? ../configure --with-libs=/usr/local/lib --with-includes=/usr/local/include herbie!/tmp/postgresql-7.4.1 # gmake gmake -C doc all gmake[1]: Entering directory `/tmp/postgresql-7.4.1/doc' gmake[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'. gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/postgresql-7.4.1/doc' gmake -C src all gmake[1]: Entering directory `/tmp/postgresql-7.4.1/src' gmake -C port all gmake[2]: Entering directory `/...

Serious problem with SCO OpenServer 5.0.4
Hi, My eServer fails to boot on SCO open Server 5.0.4. I've got plenty of critical datas on my hard drive. A problem went on my Hard drive (IBM SCSI Drive), and i repaired it with the SCSI card rom application. I tried tu use Stellar phoenix for SCO openserver on win32 to get my datas. That software allow me to see that all my datas are on the disk on EAFS en HTFS logical drives. But now, when i start my server, i press enter at the boot prompt, and the following message appears : " hd(40)unixHeader read error : -1 " Boot : Thus, i tried to boot the kernel on the install floppy at the boot prompt, i type : fd(60)unix The kernel loads but i cannot load the root hd and the following message appears : " WARNING: hd: no root disk controler was found Loadable Driver may be requiredG drain8042 PANIC: srmountfun - Error 19 mounting rootdev (1/42) " My questions are : Shall i recreate the root partition? Shall i create the boot partition? How to load the drivers for my Adaptec SCSI Card so that my hard drive is recognized? Thanks! teouche I should mention my SCSI host adapter is an Adaptec 29160LP. I tried fd(60)unix Sdsk=alad(0,0,0,0) and fd(60)unix Sdsk=alad(0,0,0,0) without succes... Anyway, my hard drive loads the /boot part because, when i boot on my hard drive and type "dir" at the boot prompt, I can read: " .. ... ..ilog0000 lost+found unix.install boot sfmt link bootos dos etc unix.safe unix ..slog0000 unix.old " ...

SCO OpenServer 5.0.7 : installation and partioning
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------070204020605090204060403 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit PRODUCT : SCO OpenServer 5.0.7 OBJECT : installation and partioning Hi, I try to install OpenServer 5.0.7 on Dell Server. It's ok when the root partition uses the whole disk, but when I try to create patitions like /opt, /home... the installation seems to be ok but the server stops on PANIC at reboot.. How should I process ? --------------070204020605090204060403 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Cont...

SCO Openserver 5.0.6 installation help
Hi, Any body help me for installating the SCO OSR 5.0.6 server in IBM X3400 with Serveraid 8k card. While in the boot time i gave the Boot: link atfter that i gave "aacraid" and insert the floppy at USB floppy driver it start installing then it ask for BTLD floppy, after this step i does not know how to install this. How can i get that BTLD file. Brds Rajesh Far as I know, you can't do USB anything with 506. Need 507 or higher to access USB floppy. Carl On Apr 12, 5:38 pm, C...@eatontown.net wrote: > Far as I know, you can't do USB anything with 506. Need > 507 or higher to access USB floppy. > > Carl Dear Carl, Thanks for your reply, IBM x3400 server doesn't have the floppy drive comptability, is there any other way. Pls tell me. Brds Rajesh On 12 Apr, 15:30, enrajesh.ku...@gmail.com wrote: > On Apr 12, 5:38 pm, C...@eatontown.net wrote: > > > Far as I know, you can't do USB anything with 506. Need > > 507 or higher to access USB floppy. > > > Carl > > Dear Carl, > > Thanks for your reply, > > IBM x3400 server doesn't have the floppy drive comptability, is there > any other way. Pls tell me. Upgrade to OpenServer 6 if you want to install on this system or install on a system that does not have USB if you want to continue to use OpenServer 5.0.6 (which is old and no longer supported). John > On 12 Apr, 15:30, enrajesh.ku...@gmail.com wrote: > > On Apr 1...

problem building sendmail 8.12.10 on SCO OS 5.0.5
I'm trying to build the latest 8.12.10 on my SCO OS 5.0.5. I am faced with the following error. Not sure how to resolve it. Thanks. # sh Build -I/usr/include -L/usr/lib Making all in: /usr/local/sendmail-8.12.10/libsm Configuration: pfx=, os=SCO, rel=5.0.5, rbase=5, rroot=5.0, arch=i386, sfx=, var iant=optimized Making in /usr/local/sendmail-8.12.10/obj.SCO.5.0.5.i386/libsm cc -b elf -O -I. -I../../include -DMAP_REGEX -DNDBM -c rpool.c rpool.c rpool.c(32) : error C2057: expected constant expression *** Error code 1 *** Error code 1 ~Lars -- Aalborg Instruments Orangeburg, New York http://www.aalborg.com ...

Two parallel ports for printing with SCO OpenServer 5.0.5 O/S
Has anyone has figured out a way of using two printers with Open server 5.0.5 on a new computer, or is there a motherboard they know of that will work with Open Server and has two parallel ports? N.B: The need is to have 2 parallel ports gcrook40@gmail.com wrote (on Tue, May 08, 2007 at 08:32:17AM -0700): > Has anyone has figured out a way of using two printers with Open > server 5.0.5 on a new computer, or is there a motherboard they know of > that will work with Open Server and has two parallel ports? > > N.B: The need is to have 2 parallel ports an add-in parallel card should do the trick. we had three parallel printers for the longest time - on xenix, 3.2v4.2, and OSE 502. I think by 505 we'd ditched the parallel printers for network printers. -- _________________________________________ Nachman Yaakov Ziskind, FSPA, LLM awacs@ziskind.us Attorney and Counselor-at-Law http://ziskind.us Economic Group Pension Services http://egps.com Actuaries and Employee Benefit Consultants On 2007-05-08, gcrook40@gmail.com <gcrook40@gmail.com> wrote: > Has anyone has figured out a way of using two printers with Open > server 5.0.5 on a new computer, or is there a motherboard they know of > that will work with Open Server and has two parallel ports? What's the problem exactly? Any add-on parallel port card should be configurable to LPT2 so that it doesn't conflict with the on-board port. The problems only arise...

SCO 5.0.4/5 stops at boot: prompt on a fresh install in a VMware workstation
Hello, I'm a complete newbie with SCO, but not to UNIX. A client of mine has an old SCO 5.0.5 server running a very small Progress database and the hardware is finally dying. We're going to run it in a VMware workstation, at the moment, with IDE disks, which seems to be working after some simple hackery with 5.0.7 install floppy images... but it works. I've done a clean install into the VM, applied the licence keys, but every time I try and boot the VM it stops at the boot: prompt. Hitting return makes it boot, and it then asks to be licenced, and then asks for the root password or ^d to continue into normal mode. I can ^d in and it seems to run ok from then on. Can anyone here point me at what I need to do to get it to boot up multi user without needing user input on the (virtual) console? More background if it helps : I have a CPIO archive of the existing system that I want to restore on top of the VM once this is working, so I can get it working with a minimum of fuss in a hurry. Any tips or caveats to doing this? I expect the kernel might get upset, or maybe the licence will stop moaning? Thanks! Carl On 1 Jul, 03:22, Bleve <carl.I.bre...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > I'm a complete newbie with SCO, but not to UNIX. =A0A client of mine has > an old SCO 5.0.5 server running a very small Progress database and the > hardware is finally dying. =A0We're going to run it in a VMware > workstation, at the moment, with IDE disks, ...

Sybase and Openserver 5.0.4/5.0.5
Can somone give me information about what Sybase Sql version that runs on OSR5.0.4 and OSR5.0.5 etc? ...

Openserver 5.0.5 problems
I have an Openserver 5.0.5 server that has had some filesystem problems. I ran fsck -ofull and it found and fixed a lot of issues, but the server was still not doing well. I run custom- software- verify full scan software on Openserver enterprise and all SCO products it comes up with a bunch of files that can't be fixed because of a checksum and or size discrepancy. Also I run custom- software- verify system, full scan and it comes up with the same. Any ideas? HELP!!! Jeff jmtd typed (on Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 08:12:19PM +0000): | I have an Openserver 5.0.5 server that has had some filesystem problems. | | I ran fsck -ofull and it found and fixed a lot of issues, but the server | was still not doing well. | | I run custom- software- verify full scan software on Openserver | enterprise and all SCO products it comes up with a bunch of files that | can't be fixed because of a checksum and or size discrepancy. Which is probably not a problem. You may have edited some of those files, or they may have been changed when you installed OSR 5 patches, but the custom-verify routine is still trying to applu=y the original checksums on those files. | Also I run custom- software- verify system, full scan and it comes up | with the same. | | Any ideas? HELP!!! Ignore the errors; for that matter, stop running the verification out of cron every Sunday morning. It's output is mostly bushwa... We know that running fsck didn't cure anything, but then again, w...

openssh for sco 5.0.5
Does anybody know the steps for the installation of openssh on OSR 505 ? Is there a special file or paremeter I have to use to install it or does ftp.sco.com has a ssh ? Thanks E.A. "Corrlens" <ask@me.later> wrote in message news:26SJd.6161$8Z1.3177@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com... > Does anybody know the steps for the installation of openssh on OSR 505 ? > Is there a special file or paremeter I have to use to install it or does > ftp.sco.com has a ssh ? > > Thanks > > E.A. > > I forgot to mention that my goal is to have sftp working, be able to transfer files to a secure ftp server on a remote location. Corrlens typed (on Wed, Jan 26, 2005 at 07:22:38PM +0000): | Does anybody know the steps for the installation of openssh on OSR 505 ? Is | there a special file or paremeter I have to use to install it or does | ftp.sco.com has a ssh ? | ftp.jpr.com/pub/openssh4osr5.tgz or ftp.jpr.com/pub/openssh4osr5.tar.bz2 -- JP "Jean-Pierre Radley" <jpr@jpr.com> wrote in message news:20050126211328.GG11013@jpradley.jpr.com... > Corrlens typed (on Wed, Jan 26, 2005 at 07:22:38PM +0000): > | Does anybody know the steps for the installation of openssh on OSR 505 > ? Is > | there a special file or paremeter I have to use to install it or does > | ftp.sco.com has a ssh ? > | > > ftp.jpr.com/pub/openssh4osr5.tgz > or > ftp.jpr.com/pub/openssh4osr5.tar.bz2 > > > -- > JP...

Web resources about - Problem Installing SCO OpenServer 5.0.5 - comp.unix.sco.misc

Solar panels are lifted into place.

Installing Virtru for Business on Your Google Domain - YouTube
Installing Virtru for Business takes about a minute through the Google Apps Marketplace. When you install Virtru for Business you gain the ability ...

Nine Sydney councils are getting ready to turn off the lights &ndash; 13,000 of them &ndash; to save more than $20 million.

Iran installing new nuclear equipment

Gillard defends installing Slipper