f



Re: CANNOT INSTALL SCO 5.0.6 ON IBM X206 - DRIVER IPSRAID

--NextPart_Webmail_9m3u9jl4l_25755_1157039424_0
Content-Type: text/plain
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit


I got mine to work fine! 
I used:
linl= Sdsk=ips(0,0,0,0) Srom=(0,0,0,0)

did you try that?
Brandt
-------------- Original message -------------- 
From: "Bruno" <bruno@nospam.com> 

> Hi 
> 
> Adapter is ServRaid 7e and SCIS devices are : 
> SCSI ID #7 : Adaptec AIC-7901 
> SCSI ID #9 : IBM 25P3471a S320 2 
> SCSI ID #12 : IBM-ESX ST336754LC FN 
> 
> At the boot : Drive 0080 : detected 
> 
> And at the prompt, I type 
> restart link="ipsraid" Sdsk=ips(0,0,12,0) Srom=wd(0,0,0,0) 
> 
> After give the BTLD floppy : 
> ipsraid: Driver "ips" succesfully loaded 
> Character major = 6 
> 
> But installer don't find any SCSI controler : 
> WARNING: hd: no root disk controller was found 
> 
> So I tried ipsraid drivers and others setting but nothing works! 
> 
> Could you help me ? 
> 
> Thanks 
> -- 
> 
> 
--NextPart_Webmail_9m3u9jl4l_25755_1157039424_0
Content-Type: text/html
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html><body>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I got mine to work fine! </DIV>
<DIV>I used:</DIV>
<DIV>linl=&nbsp;Sdsk=ips(0,0,0,0) Srom=(0,0,0,0)</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>did you try that?</DIV>
<DIV>Brandt</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">-------------- Original message -------------- <BR>From: "Bruno" &lt;bruno@nospam.com&gt; <BR><BR>&gt; Hi <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Adapter is ServRaid 7e and SCIS devices are : <BR>&gt; SCSI ID #7 : Adaptec AIC-7901 <BR>&gt; SCSI ID #9 : IBM 25P3471a S320 2 <BR>&gt; SCSI ID #12 : IBM-ESX ST336754LC FN <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; At the boot : Drive 0080 : detected <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; And at the prompt, I type <BR>&gt; restart link="ipsraid" Sdsk=ips(0,0,12,0) Srom=wd(0,0,0,0) <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; After give the BTLD floppy : <BR>&gt; ipsraid: Driver "ips" succesfully loaded <BR>&gt; Character major = 6 <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; But installer don't find any SCSI controler : <BR>&gt; WARNING: hd: no root disk controller was found <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; So I tried ipsraid drivers and others setting but nothing works! <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Could you help me ? <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Thanks <BR>&gt; -- <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; </BLOCKQUOTE></body></ht
ml>


--NextPart_Webmail_9m3u9jl4l_25755_1157039424_0--
0
beppler (20)
8/31/2006 3:50:24 PM
comp.unix.sco.misc 3925 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

4 Replies
632 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 46

beppler@comcast.net wrote:

> 
> I got mine to work fine! 
> I used:
> linl= Sdsk=ips(0,0,0,0) Srom=(0,0,0,0)
> 
> did you try that?
> Brandt
> -------------- Original message -------------- 
> From: "Bruno" <bruno@nospam.com> 
> 
> > Hi 
> > 
> > Adapter is ServRaid 7e and SCIS devices are : 
> > SCSI ID #7 : Adaptec AIC-7901 
> > SCSI ID #9 : IBM 25P3471a S320 2 
> > SCSI ID #12 : IBM-ESX ST336754LC FN 
> > 
> > At the boot : Drive 0080 : detected 
> > 
> > And at the prompt, I type 
> > restart link="ipsraid" Sdsk=ips(0,0,12,0) Srom=wd(0,0,0,0) 
> > 
> > After give the BTLD floppy : 
> > ipsraid: Driver "ips" succesfully loaded 
> > Character major = 6 
> > 
> > But installer don't find any SCSI controler : 
> > WARNING: hd: no root disk controller was found 
> > 
> > So I tried ipsraid drivers and others setting but nothing works! 
> > 
> > Could you help me ? 
> > 
> > Thanks 
> > -- 
> > 
> > 



-- 
I already try it :
restart link="ipsraid" Sdsk=ips(0,0,0,0) Srom=wd(0,0,0,0) 

But I have the same message : 
WARNING: hd: no root disk controller was found 
0
bruno4051 (2)
9/1/2006 2:08:55 PM
In article <ed9etl$13i$1@s1.news.oleane.net>, Bruno <bruno@nospam.com> wrote:
>beppler@comcast.net wrote:
>
>> 
>> I got mine to work fine! 
>> I used:
>> linl= Sdsk=ips(0,0,0,0) Srom=(0,0,0,0)
>> 
>> did you try that?
>> Brandt
>> -------------- Original message -------------- 
>> From: "Bruno" <bruno@nospam.com> 
>> 
>> > Hi 
>> > 
>> > Adapter is ServRaid 7e and SCIS devices are : 
>> > SCSI ID #7 : Adaptec AIC-7901 
>> > SCSI ID #9 : IBM 25P3471a S320 2 
>> > SCSI ID #12 : IBM-ESX ST336754LC FN 
>> > 
>> > At the boot : Drive 0080 : detected 
>> > 
>> > And at the prompt, I type 
>> > restart link="ipsraid" Sdsk=ips(0,0,12,0) Srom=wd(0,0,0,0) 
>> > 
>> > After give the BTLD floppy : 
>> > ipsraid: Driver "ips" succesfully loaded 
>> > Character major = 6 
>> > 
>> > But installer don't find any SCSI controler : 
>> > WARNING: hd: no root disk controller was found 
>> > 
>> > So I tried ipsraid drivers and others setting but nothing works! 
>> > 
>> > Could you help me ? 
>> > 
>> > Thanks 
>> > -- 
>> > 
>> > 
>
>
>
>-- 
>I already try it :
>restart link="ipsraid" Sdsk=ips(0,0,0,0) Srom=wd(0,0,0,0) 

>But I have the same message : 
>WARNING: hd: no root disk controller was found 

You were right in your first attempt with the SCSI ID being
specified as 12.

However the error messages indicates it's not finding a SCSI
>CONTROLLER< so it's not an ID thing.



-- 
Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com
0
bv25 (549)
9/2/2006 2:15:01 PM
-- 
I already try with ad320 driver :
restart link="ad320" Sdsk=ad320(0,0,12,0) Srom=wd(0,0,0,0) 
but it's the same problem : no root disk controller was found !

ipsraid driver from IBM and ad320 from SCO. So can I find the right and
good driver ?
0
bruno4051 (2)
9/5/2006 10:46:30 AM
I dont know if you have already gotten an answer to this, but I
recently had to get SCO 5.0.7 installed on a x206 server.  I used the
driver from

http://download.adaptec.com/scsi/family_manager_set/u320_fms300_sco507.img

and the following boot string

boot: defbootstr link=ad320 Sdsk=ad320(0,0,14,0) Srom=wd(0,0,0,0)

(you would want to use 12 in the third spot of the Sdsk parameter if
that is your drive ID)

This worked prefectly for me.


Bruno wrote:
> --
> I already try with ad320 driver :
> restart link="ad320" Sdsk=ad320(0,0,12,0) Srom=wd(0,0,0,0)
> but it's the same problem : no root disk controller was found !
>
> ipsraid driver from IBM and ad320 from SCO. So can I find the right and
> good driver ?

0
9/19/2006 3:26:53 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

NFS SCo 5.0.5 with SCO 6.0.0
Hi everybody, I have a folder on SCO 5.0.5 server shared through NFS with a new SCO 6.0.0 with MP2 server (converted from a SCO 5.0.6 version). Before conversion file locks (over network) on this folder works well (eg from server SCO 5.0.6 I was able to see locks generated from SCO 5.0.5 box and viceversa), now with SCO 6.0.0 does not work ! I see that on SCO 6.0.0 the lockd daemon is active .. so it should work ... Please can you help me ? Thanks Cuffiette ...

Looking for precompiled 'rsync" for SCO 5.0.5, 5.0.6 and 5.0.7
I was recommended to use 'rsync' for multi-site transfers. But I have come to find that "rsync" does not exist already in OpenServer 5.0.5, 5.0.6 and 5.0.7. You can only get the "source" files which you "must" compile in order to create the "rsync." These seems to require that you compile these on every level of OpenServer you need. Where / how can I get the 'rsync' binaries already compiled for the levels I need? smlunatick typed (on Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 11:10:53AM -0700): | I was recommended to use 'rsync' for multi-site transfers. But I have | come to find that "rsync" does not exist already in OpenServer 5.0.5, | 5.0.6 and 5.0.7. You can only get the "source" files which you "must" | compile in order to create the "rsync." These seems to require that | you compile these on every level of OpenServer you need. | | Where / how can I get the 'rsync' binaries already compiled for the | levels I need? Get a binary for OSR 5.0.7, and with oss646c, it should run on 5.0.4, 5.0.5, and 5.0.6. Binary afavilable on Brian White's page at www.aljex.com/bkw. -- JP On Aug 18, 7:37=A0pm, Jean-Pierre Radley <j...@jpr.com> wrote: > smlunatick typed (on Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 11:10:53AM -0700): > | I was recommended to use 'rsync' for multi-site transfers. =A0But I hav= e > | come to find that "rsync" does not exist already in OpenSer...

Trying to compile putty-0.60 on SCO UNIX 5.0.7 with GCC and SCO Dev
I am trying to compile putty downloaded from http://linux.softpedia.com/progDownload/PuTTY-Download-347.html but get the error below. gcc -g -O2 -Wall -Werror -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DHAVE_X11 -DHAVE_X -DSYSV -Di386 -DS CO325 -D__SCO__ -DHAVE_XAW -DHAVE_SHAPE_EXT -DHAVE_SHAPE -DHAVE_SHM_EXT -DHAVE_X SHM -DHAVE_XCONVERTCASE -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr /include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/gl ib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/X11R6/include -I.././ -I../charset/ -I../windows/ -I../unix/ -I../mac/ -I../macosx/ -c ../ proxy.c cc1: warnings being treated as errors .../proxy.c: In function `proxy_for_destination': .../proxy.c:315: warning: implicit declaration of function `strncasecmp' gmake: *** [proxy.o] Error 1 # My programming skill level tops out at ./configure and make. Searching for instances of strncasecmp in the putty working directory shows: /tmp/putty-0.60/unix # cd .. # find . -type f -print | xargs grep strncasecmp | less ../mac/stricmp.c:#define strncasecmp strnicmp ../mac/stricmp.c:strncasecmp(s1, s2, n) ../unix/unix.h:#define strnicmp strncasecmp (END) In unix/unix.h: #define DEFAULT_CODEPAGE 0xFFFF #define CP_UTF8 CS_UTF8 /* from libcharset */ #define strnicmp strncasecmp #define stricmp strcasecmp /* BSD-semantics version of signal(), and another helpful function */ void (*putty_signal(int sig, void (*func)(int)))(int); void block_si...

SCO 5.0.5 vs. 6.0
I'm having a new server built: SuperMicro P4SC8 Mother Board Intel P4 3.0Ghz 800 FSB 1GB CPU 73GB 10K 80 PIN SCSI Drive Sony 20/40GB DAT Drive SDT11000/BN DDS4 Adaptec 2010S Card for Mirroring Comtrol Rockport Card 99126-7 Is there any reason I should update my current version of SCO 5.0.5? Frank The following article is a recommendation from SCO when using P4 http://www.sco.com/ta/115963 "FrankS" <fshank@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:CqT_f.65026$H71.37215@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com... > I'm having a new server built: > > SuperMicro P4SC8 Mother Board > Intel P4 3.0Ghz 800 FSB 1GB CPU > 73GB 10K 80 PIN SCSI Drive > Sony 20/40GB DAT Drive SDT11000/BN DDS4 > > Adaptec 2010S Card for Mirroring > > Comtrol Rockport Card 99126-7 > > > > Is there any reason I should update my current version of SCO 5.0.5? > > > > Frank > > > > > > FrankS wrote: > I'm having a new server built: > > SuperMicro P4SC8 Mother Board > Intel P4 3.0Ghz 800 FSB 1GB CPU > 73GB 10K 80 PIN SCSI Drive > Sony 20/40GB DAT Drive SDT11000/BN DDS4 > > Adaptec 2010S Card for Mirroring > > Comtrol Rockport Card 99126-7 > > > > Is there any reason I should update my current version of SCO 5.0.5? Frank, OpenServer 5.0.5 is a retired product and is no longer generally supported by SCO. OpenServer 5.0.5 is not designed to work on P4 systems and y...

SCO OpenServe 6.0.0 Filesystem MUCH Faster Than 5.0.6
The speed of the SCO OpenServer 6.0.0 filesystem is quite noticeably faster than I enjoyed on OpenServer 5.0.6. How do I know? I donno, but it feels and seems so. I didn't expect this, so I didn't make these tests while still on 5.0.6, but I KNOW I have a lot more files and directories on 6.0.0 than I did on 5.0.6. The Verify of my Last Master Backup shows what is on my systen: 255191 files were encountered 167 files were excluded 9 files were not checked because the hard disk file had been modified by a program since it was backed up 2 files were not checked for various reasons 28870 special files (links, directories, devices, etc.) 226143 files verified successfully Master Backups using LONE-TAR(tm) to DVD+RW media ran at about 70-75 MB/min on OSR 5.0.6 but run at 175+ MB/min on 6.0.0, and if I turn off compression run at 260+ MB/min. To see how long it takes to search for a non-existant file: [trebor] ~: time find . -name XPMNYTRE real 0m58.59s user 0m1.72s sys 0m10.96s And to see how many directories had to be read: [trebor] ~: find . -type d | wc -l 23745 Bob -- Bob Stockler +-+ bob@trebor.iglou.com +-+ http://members.iglou.com/trebor Author: MENU EDIT II - The BEST Creator/Editor/Manager for filePro User Menus. Fully functional (time-limited) demos available by email request (specify OS). On Fri, Nov 25, 2005 at 11:01:36AM -0500, Bob Stockler wrote: > The speed of the SCO ...

SCO 5.0.5/5.0.6 bios clock, time zone and synching
Hi All, Does SCO expect the BIOS clock to be set to UTC? Ive got a few SCO boxen spread across a couple of time zones and at the moment, the bios clocks in the servers are set to localtime not UTC. The timezone settings in SCO Admin are also wrong. I was under the impression *nix always expects the BIOS clock to be set to UTC and then the timezone settings in SCO tell the OS what the local time is. This does not seem to be the case for me. On a testing box, Ive set the BIOS clock to UTC, set the correct timezone in scoadmin but the date command in a root shell still gives the wrong time. E...

FAXing from SCO Unix 5.0.6
I'm supporting a SCO Unix 5.0.6 machine. I don't want to spend $1700 on a "fax server solution". Instead, I'm looking for a fax modem for which there are drivers for SCO or generic enough for Unix in general. I also need "fax software" to enable the whole endeavor. All I'm attempting is what is done quite readily in Windows: print to a psuedo-driver which, in turn, invokes the fax s/w that solicits the phone number to fax to and any other required info. I don't need all kinds of fancy options like choices for cover pages, etc. The application used by my client is strictly text-based - no GUI. Any advice for public-domain - or inexpensive - software to accomplish this is much appreciated. Regards, David On Fri, Apr 18, 2008, David wrote: >I'm supporting a SCO Unix 5.0.6 machine. I don't want to spend $1700 on >a "fax server solution". Instead, I'm looking for a fax modem for which >there are drivers for SCO or generic enough for Unix in general. I also >need "fax software" to enable the whole endeavor. > >All I'm attempting is what is done quite readily in Windows: print to a >psuedo-driver which, in turn, invokes the fax s/w that solicits the >phone number to fax to and any other required info. I don't need all >kinds of fancy options like choices for cover pages, etc. The >application used by my client is strictly text-based - no GUI. &g...

SCO Unix 5.0.6, errors
Hi, I am getting the error(s); HTFS: Inode 11915 on HTFS dev hd (1/43) has bad type 000000000000 HTFS: I/O failure occured accessing logical block 477364230 on HTFS dev hd (1/43) and then the system shuts down. Is there any way to fix these? We have done the command 'unix auto' at the Boot: prompt and it goes through its file system checks and appears to correct some problems. We have had some corruption on the database but were able to fix the problems. Our next plan of action is to clone the drive, but if anyone has any other suggestions for a way to fix this issue I would appreciate it. Lori Calkins It would help if you'd provided disk information, such as how many partitions. I'm guessing from what you provided that the problem is on the root partition. By default 5.0.6 doesn't check the root file system on an auto boot. What you're seeing is the file system checks on the rest of the partitions. When you get the Boot: prompt just press enter. Eventually you'll be prompted for the root password to enter maintenance mode. Do that. Then type fsck / Ray Robert Three Star Software Lori wrote: > Hi, > I am getting the error(s); > > HTFS: Inode 11915 on HTFS dev hd (1/43) has bad type 000000000000 > HTFS: I/O failure occured accessing logical block 477364230 on HTFS dev > hd (1/43) > > and then the system shuts down. > > Is there any way to fix these? We have done the command 'unix auto' at >...

Sco OpenServer upgrading 5.0.6 to 5.0.7
I need some help. I need to upgrade my Sco O.S.506 to 507 and told me that I need to reinstall all the operative system and not the upgrading of it. Is it true ? Thanks in advance and excuse me if before someone alredy answered this query but I do not find anything about this matter bye Roberto Pineapple typed (on Wed, Apr 07, 2004 at 01:39:46PM +0200): | I need some help. | I need to upgrade my Sco O.S.506 to 507 and told me that I need to reinstall | all the operative system and not the upgrading of it. | Is it true ? No. | Thanks in advance and excuse me if before someone alredy answered this query | but I do not find anything about this matter While In-Place Upgrades do now work considerably better than they did a few years ago, I *still* counsel against them. Use my savefiles script, make good backups, and then a fresh install. -- JP "Pineapple" <roberquaNO@SPAMvirgilio.it> wrote in message news:<c50pa5$vri$1@newsreader.mailgate.org>... > I need some help. > I need to upgrade my Sco O.S.506 to 507 and told me that I need to reinstall > all the operative system and not the upgrading of it. > Is it true ? > Thanks in advance and excuse me if before someone alredy answered this query > but I do not find anything about this matter > > bye > Roberto I had same problem, and I was unable to upgrade . Only fresh reinstall was Ok. Pineapple <roberquaNO@spamvirgilio.it> wrote: >I need some help. >I need to...

SCO Open Server 5.0.6 versus 5.0.4
Hi, Anybody can point me to info or can state if there is a performance improvement from running 5.0.6 versus 5.0.4. Application is database access centered. Regards, Marian news wrote: > Hi, > Anybody can point me to info or can state if there is a performance > improvement from running 5.0.6 versus 5.0.4. Application is database access > centered. I don't think you are going to get a useful answer. Let's assume that I could authoritatively say that 5.0.6 has performance related improvements over .4 in certain areas. I can't recall if it does or doesn't, but the release notes would surely mention any. But so what? What does that say about YOUR application? Do we know where its performance issuees are now? Nope. We could assume it's probably disk bound, because that's a pretty safe assumption most any time, but even if true, what have you done for better or worse in that regard already? Maybe this is an Oracle database and you have it running on a RAID 5 system. As that's usually going to be a bad idea, you could gain nothing even if 5.0.6 did otherwise provide features that would otherwise improve your lot. Maybe you have the whole thing improperly tuned. Maybe you have it so perfectly tuned that an upgrade would make it worse because everything is so critically balanced to what you have now.. There are plenty of good reasons to upgrade to 5.0.6/7. If that's what you are lookimg for (a reason to sell the idea to ...

How to install LDAP server on SCO 5.0.6
I want to install LDAP ( http://www.gracion.com/server/whatldap.html ) on my sco box, Is there a installation guide for SCO ? Thanks E Arredondo wrote: > I want to install LDAP ( http://www.gracion.com/server/whatldap.html ) on my > sco box, Is there a installation guide for SCO ? > > Thanks > > Sure thing.. http://aplawrence.com/Unixart/ldap.html -- Tony Lawrence Unix/Linux/Mac OS X resources: http://aplawrence.com "Tony Lawrence" <foo@pcunix.com> wrote in message news:mIOdndGAeYyuWOrfRVn-vg@comcast.com... >E Arredondo wrote: >> I want to install LDAP ( http://www.gracion.com/server/whatldap.html ) on >> my sco box, Is there a installation guide for SCO ? >> >> Thanks >> >> > > Sure thing.. > > > http://aplawrence.com/Unixart/ldap.html > > > -- > Tony Lawrence > Unix/Linux/Mac OS X resources: http://aplawrence.com Thank you so much ! ...

SCO Openserver 5.0.6 installation help
Hi, Any body help me for installating the SCO OSR 5.0.6 server in IBM X3400 with Serveraid 8k card. While in the boot time i gave the Boot: link atfter that i gave "aacraid" and insert the floppy at USB floppy driver it start installing then it ask for BTLD floppy, after this step i does not know how to install this. How can i get that BTLD file. Brds Rajesh Far as I know, you can't do USB anything with 506. Need 507 or higher to access USB floppy. Carl On Apr 12, 5:38 pm, C...@eatontown.net wrote: > Far as I know, you can't do USB anything with 506. Need > 507 or higher to access USB floppy. > > Carl Dear Carl, Thanks for your reply, IBM x3400 server doesn't have the floppy drive comptability, is there any other way. Pls tell me. Brds Rajesh On 12 Apr, 15:30, enrajesh.ku...@gmail.com wrote: > On Apr 12, 5:38 pm, C...@eatontown.net wrote: > > > Far as I know, you can't do USB anything with 506. Need > > 507 or higher to access USB floppy. > > > Carl > > Dear Carl, > > Thanks for your reply, > > IBM x3400 server doesn't have the floppy drive comptability, is there > any other way. Pls tell me. Upgrade to OpenServer 6 if you want to install on this system or install on a system that does not have USB if you want to continue to use OpenServer 5.0.6 (which is old and no longer supported). John > On 12 Apr, 15:30, enrajesh.ku...@gmail.com wrote: > > On Apr 1...

SCO unix 5.0.6 web services setup
I need to install the "web services" deal on my unix box so that when a customer sends me requests with SOAP or XML my system accepts the call on the specific port. Is there a process to do that ? I'm currently running netscape fastract as a web server, I heard I need apache + axis , Are there other options to setup the web services ? thanks Where can I get this new Web Service from SCO ? Is it under their ftp site or I have to pay for it ? http://www.crn.com/sections/breakingnews/dailyarchives.jhtml;jsessionid=ERBHJ1BYLZ3IUQSNDBGCKH0CJUMEKJVN?articleId=18824984&_requestid=1614593 In spite of the legal circus engulfing The SCO Group--and lingering concerns about the Unix company's future--top executives took the opportunity at the company's annual partner conference in Las Vegas to outline SCO's new Internet and Web services offerings and assert its intent to stay in business. At SCO Forum 2003, SCO announced the delivery of key component of its SCOx Web services initiative--SCOx WebFace Solution Suite 4.0--as well as the SCOsms Web Services API and SCObiz Web Services APIs. The company's SCOx direction and Web services API plans were unveiled last April. The enhanced suite and new APIs, designed to enable partners and customers to migrate legacy Unix applications to a services-oriented architecture, consists of the WebFace Browser Application Platform and WebFace Studio development platform. SCO's Web servic...

Help with installing DAT drive on SCO Openserver 5.0.6
Hi there, I was wondering wjether someone could please assist me in installing a DAT drive. My setup is as follows:- Hardware : DELL Optiplex GX110 OS : SCO Openserver 5.0.6 Backup Device : HP SureStore DAT40 (External) SCSI card : Adaptec 2940UW I have bought the DAT drive and SCSI card, after I checked that they are compatible with my version of SCO OpenServer, so both should work. But, when I use the "mkdev tape" command, I run into an area that I know very little about. Could someone please guide me into what's the correct procedure for an installation. Many thanks Aaron8123 vinceranny@gmail.com wrote: > Hi there, > > I was wondering wjether someone could please assist me in installing a > DAT drive. > > My setup is as follows:- > > Hardware : DELL Optiplex GX110 > OS : SCO Openserver 5.0.6 > Backup Device : HP SureStore DAT40 (External) > SCSI card : Adaptec 2940UW > > I have bought the DAT drive and SCSI card, after I checked that they > are compatible with my version of SCO OpenServer, so both should work. > > But, when I use the "mkdev tape" command, I run into an area that I > know very little about. > > Could someone please guide me into what's the correct procedure for an > installation. Correct procedure? "mkdev tape", answer the questions. Now what question are you having trouble with? See http://aplawrence.com/Unixart/tapes.html http://aplawrence.com/...

reboot (init 6) gets stuck on ibm x, sco 5.0.7
Hello, so I started working at a site with sco 5.0.7 running on ibm x-series box. I see when it needs to get rebooted it gets stuck during the shutdown. It starts the shutdown phase and then just gets stuck there. the users have been doing hard shutdowns by pressing power button to kill power to server, then starting it again. I'm sure this is NOT good for system. I saw on scoadmin that it's at maintenance level 3 or patch level 3. I saw 5 on the sco support site. Just wondering what (if anything) should I look at to fix this problem. It may just be corrupt from all the hard shutdowns. Thank you, Oskar On Oct 18, 9:16=A0pm, "/dev/null" <pheoni...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > so I started working at a site with sco 5.0.7 running on ibm x-series > box. > I see when it needs to get rebooted it gets stuck during the shutdown. > It starts the shutdown phase and then just gets stuck there. > > the users have been doing hard shutdowns by pressing power button to > kill power to server, then starting it again. =A0I'm sure this is NOT > good for system. > > I saw on scoadmin that it's at maintenance level 3 or patch level 3. > I saw 5 on the sco support site. > > Just wondering what (if anything) should I look at to fix this > problem. =A0It may just be corrupt from all the hard shutdowns. > > Thank you, > Oskar Back it up, switch it to a virtualization environmentn on VMWare, and run the har...

Problem Installing SCO OpenServer 5.0.5
Hi, Am trying to install SCO OpenServer 5.0.5 on a PIII with a 20GB Maxtor HD. I manage to install fine (no errors showing) and get UNIX to see the entire drive but upon reboot (removing the floppy and CD-ROM as instructed), instead of teh boot: prompt, it says NO OS. What am I doing wrong? Thanks, Don Don wrote: > > Hi, > > Am trying to install SCO OpenServer 5.0.5 on a PIII with a 20GB Maxtor > HD. I manage to install fine (no errors showing) and get UNIX to see > the entire drive but upon reboot (removing the floppy and CD-ROM as > instructed), instead of teh boot: prompt, it says NO OS. > > What am I doing wrong? > > Thanks, > Don Put this into www.groups.google and view the post by Bella: stamp dparam group:comp.unix.sco.misc -- Steve Fabac S.M. Fabac & Associates 816/765-1670 ...

Java 1.5 on SCO 5.0.6
Hi, I am trying to get some java programs running on my SCO systems - but they are written for java 1.5 and I can't find any files higher than java 1.3 for 5.0.6. I have tried installing the java 1.5 VOL files for OSR6, and they install through custom alright, but I am getting an error when I try to run 'java' # java -version dynamic linker : java : could not open /usr/lib/libthread.so.1 Killed Can anyone help either get the OSR6 version working on 5.0.6 or does anyone know if there is a version for 5.0.6 Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks, Keith On 13 Jul, 16:17, crym...@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > I am trying to get some java programs running on my SCO systems - but > they are written for java 1.5 and I can't find any files higher than > java 1.3 for 5.0.6. > > I have tried installing the java 1.5 VOL files for OSR6, and they > install through custom alright, but I am getting an error when I try > to run 'java' > > # java -version > dynamic linker : java : could not open /usr/lib/libthread.so.1 > Killed > > Can anyone help either get the OSR6 version working on 5.0.6 or does > anyone know if there is a version for 5.0.6 > > Any help would be much appreciated. > > Thanks, > > Keith Keith, Unfortunately Java 1.5 is not supported and will not run on OpenServer 5.0.6. If you want to run Java 1.5 programs you will need to upgrade to OpenServer 6.0.0. John On 17 Jul, 08:...

Questions after successful SCO 6.0.0 install
I have several questions on a new install of SCO 6.0.0. I have not done these or it have been several years I have not done them. 1) How do I change keyboard / mouse from PS/2 to USB version? 2) How to add second "physical" hard drive that is already partitioned but has not "slice" / file systems? History of this server in question: This is a new IBM x3400 Quad-core system. Due to software firmware "conflicting" setting recommendations, disabling the ASF on built-in BroadComm network adapter (SCO 5.0.7 install before upgrade to 6.0.0,) the motherboard controller BCM shutdown the board. After 4 replacements, under warranty, was told to not to touch ASF settings (ok, will use 6.0.0) and found out today BCM reset method. System is work correctly however will not complete the install if using USB keyboard / mouse and USB floppy drive for additional HBA install. Used PS/2 keybaord to complete the install and once IBM field service reps fixed USB issues, switched to USB keyboard / mouse. Now the console is displaying "Integral console keyboard not found" warning. Since this will go to a client's site, I would like to remove this message. On 15 Apr, 16:46, smlunatick <yves...@gmail.com> wrote: > I have several questions on a new install of SCO 6.0.0. I have not > done these or it have been several years I have not done them. > > 1) How do I change keyboard / mouse from PS/2 to USB version? To change the mou...

Access a SCO 3.0 drive from 5.0.6?
I have an old machine with SCO 3.0 and no networking. I need the data off the IDE drive. I put this drive in a 5.0.6 box that I have and ran mkdev hd, but it would never show the partitions on the drive (I have since put the drive back in the old box and it boots fine.). When the old server boots, it does show /usr mounting as S51K Any ideas on how to get this to work? Do I need to mkdev hd first or can I just access the filesystem directly somehow? I'm lost. Thanks! jf jfranks1970@gmail.com wrote: > I have an old machine with SCO 3.0 and no networking. I need the data > off the IDE drive. I put this drive in a 5.0.6 box that I have and > ran mkdev hd, but it would never show the partitions on the drive (I > have since put the drive back in the old box and it boots fine.). > > When the old server boots, it does show /usr mounting as S51K > > Any ideas on how to get this to work? Do I need to mkdev hd first or > can I just access the filesystem directly somehow? > > I'm lost. > > Thanks! > > jf Does the antique drive have *ANY* networking on its OS? Can you transfer the data over the network, via rcp or tar over an rlogin or somehting? On Fri, Feb 29, 2008, jfranks1970@gmail.com wrote: >I have an old machine with SCO 3.0 and no networking. I need the data >off the IDE drive. I put this drive in a 5.0.6 box that I have and >ran mkdev hd, but it would never show the partitions on the drive (I >...

[ace-users] Re: How can I use ACE(Latest Beta Kit) for AIX version 5.3/5.2 and VisualAge C++ 7.0/6.0 for AIX on machine IBM P690? \
Hi Oliana, Thanks very much for your email. Please make sure to send all questions related to TAO or ACE to the ACE mailing list or ACE+TAO newsgroup, rather than to me directly since I travel frequently and often don't have ready access to email. See http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/ACE-mail.html for more info on how to access these resources. > I want to use ACE.tar.bz2(Latest Beta Kit) on AIX version 5.3,Now > I'm writing application program base on ACE.tar.bz2 (Latest Beta > Kit) and testing ACE.tar.bz2(Latest Beta Kit) on AIX version 5.2 for > IBM P690 and using VisualAge C++ 6.0 and VisualAge C++ 7.0,It?s very > strange ,the ACE.tar.bz2 was compiled successful,But the application > program can?t be compiled success,There are a lot of problems.It has > reported a lot of mistakes of STL head file in VisualAge ,and then > It told me there are something wrong in VisualAge C++ 6.0/7.0's head > file.I don't know why,Then ,I written testing code ,only have tested > VisualAge C++ 6.0 and VisualAge C++ 7.0 for AIX version 5.2's head > file already,the compiler was compiling and running up to snuff,no > mistake in head file.And you know ,When I put the same application > program and ACE.tar.bz2(Latest Beta Kit) in Redhatlinux for PC and > Turbo linux for IBM eServe BladeCenter, there are no mistakes,and > It?s normally compiling and running so fast.So,I don?t know why,what > happ...

install laser printer dell 5100cn on sco 5.0.5
I have a new laser printer dell 5100cn and I need to install it on unix but the drivers are for solaris and hp unix. somebody have a driver for sco or instructions for install? thanks sorry if my english is bad but i'm spanish Francisco wrote: > I have a new laser printer dell 5100cn and I need to install it on unix but > the drivers are for solaris and hp unix. According to Dell, the 5100cn supports * PCL6, PCL5e, Adobe� PostScript� 3 page description languages. * LPD, Port 9100, FTP protocols. > somebody have a driver for sco or instructions for install? > thanks You don't really need a driver in the usual sense. For a local printer you would set the 'model' to "HPLaserJet" (it inserts PCL5 control codes as required depending on lp command options). To handle the network protocol use netcat (usually recommended in this newsgroup) http://aplawrence.com/SCOFAQ/FAQ_scotec7getnetcat.html Alternatively you can use LPD. Use `scoadmin printer` and set up a new remote unix printer (deselecting the extended remote printing protocol). You may find this is simpler to set up than netcat. You don't get to specify a printer 'model' here. If your application doesn't emit PCL5 or Postscript then you might need to implement a virtual printer that allows you to add in the layout control codes (see http://aplawrence.com/SCOFAQ/scotec7.html "what is a virtual printer") OSR505 is pretty ancient. I'd consi...

need advice installing sco 5.0.5 on proliant ml350
TA # 111072 Hello, I'm following the above TA document but I'm still getting the same result. When it gets to the part where it would start to install on the disks, it says it has no ROOT disk and can't continue. Any ideas on what to do now? This is a server installed with a 3200 array controller. Thanks, Oskar this is an update ... hello, I'm trying to install SCO 5.0.5 on proliant ML350 with a 3200 array controller. I found the SCO document specifying to use the BTLD disks to load the driver for the 3200 array controller. I follow those steps, but after the driver loads successfully, I see a warning: Test open failed "hd=Sdsk", no root disk controller. System configuration has not been run on this controller, use system configuration to assign order of this controller. I have the smartstart 5.5 disk and I've used it to prepare the server. I don't see any tools on it to run the system configuration. I've installed Proliant 800/1600's and they have the system config. available when you press F10 during bootup. I press F10 on this server and I don't get a menu where system config. is available. So....how can I get past this hurdle? Thanks, Oskar the complete warning message is as follows: Warning: ida: the order of the controller in slot 6 is unassigned - using ida0 Then follows the message saying system config. has not been run. I've tried...

samba-3.0.14Aa-VOLS.cpio on SCO 5.0.6
Will this run on this version of SCO? Where can I find documentation to install it? Brent Bolin wrote: > Will this run on this version of SCO? I guess you mean the one at ftp://ftp2.sco.com/pub/skunkware/osr5/vols/samba-3.0.14Aa-VOLS.cpio On Oct 31, 2007, Bob Troester wrote: I have been using samba 3.0.14Aa on SCO Open Server 5.0.6.a with gwxlibs 2.1.0Ba successfully for several months > Where can I find documentation to install it? What do you mean? VOL files are usually easy to install aren't they? I'd extract the VOL files from cpio archive and use custom to install them. (actually I prefer to use `scoadmin software` but YMMV). man cpio man custom Then I'd read whatever man pages are in the VOLs and/or the samba 3.0 web-site docs. Presumably all the above is known to you and I have missed your real question. If so, sorry. -- RGB On Dec 9, 9:19=A0am, RedGrittyBrick <RedGrittyBr...@spamweary.invalid> wrote: > Brent Bolin wrote: > > Will this run on this version of SCO? > > I guess you mean the one atftp://ftp2.sco.com/pub/skunkware/osr5/vols/sam= ba-3.0.14Aa-VOLS.cpio > > On Oct 31, 2007, Bob Troester wrote: > =A0 =A0 =A0I have been using samba 3.0.14Aa on SCO Open Server 5.0.6.a wi= th > =A0 =A0 =A0gwxlibs 2.1.0Ba successfully for several months > > > Where can I find documentation to install it? > > What do you mean? VOL files are usually easy to install aren't they? >...

SYbase SQL & SCO OpenServer 5.0.4/5.0.5
Can somone help me with wich SQL versions runs on SCO OSR5.0.4 and SCO OSR 5.0.5? So your the customer SCO still has :-) Sorry.. Couldn't resist ! ASE 10.0.2 was certified on SCO OSR5.0.2 with OS patches SLS 422a, SLS 437a. It wasn't certified on anything higher. ASE 11.0.x was certified on 5.0.4, but nothing higher. Sybase doesn't support 10.x or 11.x any more ...

SCO 5.0.4/5 stops at boot: prompt on a fresh install in a VMware workstation
Hello, I'm a complete newbie with SCO, but not to UNIX. A client of mine has an old SCO 5.0.5 server running a very small Progress database and the hardware is finally dying. We're going to run it in a VMware workstation, at the moment, with IDE disks, which seems to be working after some simple hackery with 5.0.7 install floppy images... but it works. I've done a clean install into the VM, applied the licence keys, but every time I try and boot the VM it stops at the boot: prompt. Hitting return makes it boot, and it then asks to be licenced, and then asks for the root password or ^d to continue into normal mode. I can ^d in and it seems to run ok from then on. Can anyone here point me at what I need to do to get it to boot up multi user without needing user input on the (virtual) console? More background if it helps : I have a CPIO archive of the existing system that I want to restore on top of the VM once this is working, so I can get it working with a minimum of fuss in a hurry. Any tips or caveats to doing this? I expect the kernel might get upset, or maybe the licence will stop moaning? Thanks! Carl On 1 Jul, 03:22, Bleve <carl.I.bre...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > I'm a complete newbie with SCO, but not to UNIX. =A0A client of mine has > an old SCO 5.0.5 server running a very small Progress database and the > hardware is finally dying. =A0We're going to run it in a VMware > workstation, at the moment, with IDE disks, ...

Web resources about - Re: CANNOT INSTALL SCO 5.0.6 ON IBM X206 - DRIVER IPSRAID - comp.unix.sco.misc

Nullsoft Scriptable Install System - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article has an unclear citation style . The references used may be made clearer with a different or consistent style of citation , footnoting ...

Can Facebook Advertisers Test Mobile App Install Ads On Their Devices?
Some Facebook advertisers are now able to preview their mobile application install ads directly on their mobile devices, complete with active ...

Drive Mobile App Awareness and Installs Over The Holidays
Just in time for the holidays, we're announcing new buying, creative and targeting options for Facebook mobile app ads.

New Features to Mobile App Install Ads
Today we are happy to announce some updates to mobile app install ads to improve the experience people and developers have when viewing and creating ...

Facebook tries new designs for mobile page-Like and app install ads
Facebook began testing new designs for its mobile app install ads and page post ads this weekend. Following an update for Facebook for iOS, ...

Perth shopping centre installs WA's biggest solar power system
A thousand solar panels saves $20,000 a month.

How to: Install Android N developer preview factory images on Nexus 6P, Nexus 5X, Nexus 6, Nexus 9, and ...
Google introduced to the world the next version of Android, dubbed Android N, oddly early this year compared to the usual announcement at its ...

Should you install N preview on your main device? Here are some of the known issues with it.
... standing for “nut telling,” according to Hiroshi Lockheimer) is here and we’re all super excited to see it in action. But is it safe to install ...

Comcast failed to install Internet for 10 months then demanded $60,000 in fees
Despite all appearances, Comcast Business wasn't available at SmartCar's address. (credit: Comcast ) Nearly a year ago, a Silicon Valley startup ...

Las Vegas installs cool solar-kinetic street lights
Filed under: Etc. , Green , Videos , Emissions , Green Culture , Technology , Solar EnGoPlanet is providing Sin City with LED street lights powered ...

Resources last updated: 3/26/2016 12:08:51 PM