samba-3.0.14Aa-VOLS.cpio on SCO 5.0.6

Will this run on this version of SCO?

Where can I find documentation to install it?

Brent Bolin wrote:
> Will this run on this version of SCO?

I guess you mean the one at
ftp://ftp2.sco.com/pub/skunkware/osr5/vols/samba-3.0.14Aa-VOLS.cpio

On Oct 31, 2007, Bob Troester wrote:
     I have been using samba 3.0.14Aa on SCO Open Server 5.0.6.a with
     gwxlibs 2.1.0Ba successfully for several months

> Where can I find documentation to install it?

What do you mean? VOL files are usually easy to install aren't they?

I'd extract the VOL files from cpio archive and use custom to install
them. (actually I prefer to use `scoadmin software` but YMMV).

man cpio
man custom

Then I'd read whatever man pages are in the VOLs and/or the samba 3.0
web-site docs.

Presumably all the above is known to you and I have missed your real
question. If so, sorry.

--
RGB
On Dec 9, 9:19=A0am, RedGrittyBrick <RedGrittyBr...@spamweary.invalid>
wrote:
> Brent Bolin wrote:
> > Will this run on this version of SCO?
>
> I guess you mean the one atftp://ftp2.sco.com/pub/skunkware/osr5/vols/sam=
ba-3.0.14Aa-VOLS.cpio

> On Oct 31, 2007, Bob Troester wrote:
> =A0 =A0 =A0I have been using samba 3.0.14Aa on SCO Open Server 5.0.6.a wi=
th
> =A0 =A0 =A0gwxlibs 2.1.0Ba successfully for several months
>
> > Where can I find documentation to install it?
>
> What do you mean? VOL files are usually easy to install aren't they?
>
> I'd extract the VOL files from cpio archive and use custom to install
> them. (actually I prefer to use `scoadmin software` but YMMV).
>
> man cpio
> man custom
>
> Then I'd read whatever man pages are in the VOLs and/or the samba 3.0
> web-site docs.
>
> Presumably all the above is known to you and I have missed your real
> question. If so, sorry.
>
> --
> RGB

I've been away from SCO for a while now.  Working with an application
person.  Somewhere he found this info that also needs to be installed
-

before Installing MP3, which includes Samba 3.0.20:

 1. Make sure RS506A is installed; if not, download and install it.
 2. Install Oss646b
 3. Install GwxLibs
 4. Then install MP3

Yes installing *.VOL is easy and know how to do it.  Are any of these
things he mentions needed other then what you say gwxlibs 2.1.0Ba ?

Your input is appreciated

btb
Brent Bolin wrote:
> On Dec 9, 9:19 am, RedGrittyBrick <RedGrittyBr...@spamweary.invalid>
> wrote:
>> Brent Bolin wrote:
>>> Will this run on this version of SCO?
>> I guess you mean the one atftp://ftp2.sco.com/pub/skunkware/osr5/vols/samba-3.0.14Aa-VOLS.cpio
>>
>> On Oct 31, 2007, Bob Troester wrote:
>>      I have been using samba 3.0.14Aa on SCO Open Server 5.0.6.a with
>>      gwxlibs 2.1.0Ba successfully for several months
>>
>>> Where can I find documentation to install it?
>> What do you mean? VOL files are usually easy to install aren't they?
>>
>> I'd extract the VOL files from cpio archive and use custom to install
>> them. (actually I prefer to use `scoadmin software` but YMMV).
>>
>> man cpio
>> man custom
>>
>> Then I'd read whatever man pages are in the VOLs and/or the samba 3.0
>> web-site docs.
>>
>> Presumably all the above is known to you and I have missed your real
>> question. If so, sorry.
>
> I've been away from SCO for a while now.  Working with an application
> person.  Somewhere he found this info that also needs to be installed
> -
>
> before Installing MP3, which includes Samba 3.0.20:
>
>  1. Make sure RS506A is installed; if not, download and install it.
>  2. Install Oss646b
>  3. Install GwxLibs
>  4. Then install MP3

I have a funny feeling that the above may relate to installing (parts
of?) OSR507 MP3 onto OSR506. I'm out of my depth.

> Yes installing *.VOL is easy and know how to do it.  Are any of these
> things he mentions needed other then what you say gwxlibs 2.1.0Ba ?
>
> Your input is appreciated

Is Samba 2.2 of any use?
If so BKW compiled it ready for OSR506
http://www.aljex.com/bkw/sco/#samba

IIRC 506 included a licence for VisionFS. Not a product I'd be
enthusiastic to use nowadays.

I suspect that compiling Samba 3 on OSR506, or getting Samba 3 binaries
for OSR507 to work on OSR506, would be beyond me. That probably isn't
saying much - it may not be a problem for others.

Sorry to have wasted your time.

--
RGB
On Dec 9, 11:00=A0am, RedGrittyBrick <RedGrittyBr...@spamweary.invalid>
wrote:
> Brent Bolin wrote:
> > On Dec 9, 9:19 am, RedGrittyBrick <RedGrittyBr...@spamweary.invalid>
> > wrote:
> >> I guess you mean the one atftp://ftp2.sco.com/pub/skunkware/osr5/vols/=
samba-3.0.14Aa-VOLS.cpio

> >> On Oct 31, 2007, Bob Troester wrote:
> >> =A0 =A0 =A0I have been using samba 3.0.14Aa on SCO Open Server 5.0.6.a=
 with
> >> =A0 =A0 =A0gwxlibs 2.1.0Ba successfully for several months

> >> What do you mean? VOL files are usually easy to install aren't they?
>
> >> I'd extract the VOL files from cpio archive and use custom to install
> >> them. (actually I prefer to use `scoadmin software` but YMMV).
>
> >> man cpio
> >> man custom
>
> >> Then I'd read whatever man pages are in the VOLs and/or the samba 3.0
> >> web-site docs.
>
> >> Presumably all the above is known to you and I have missed your real
> >> question. If so, sorry.
>
> > I've been away from SCO for a while now. =A0Working with an application
> > person. =A0Somewhere he found this info that also needs to be installed
> > -
>
> > before Installing MP3, which includes Samba 3.0.20:
>
> > =A01. Make sure RS506A is installed; if not, download and install it.
> > =A02. Install Oss646b
> > =A03. Install GwxLibs
> > =A04. Then install MP3
>
> I have a funny feeling that the above may relate to installing (parts
> of?) OSR507 MP3 onto OSR506. I'm out of my depth.
>
> > Yes installing *.VOL is easy and know how to do it. =A0Are any of these
> > things he mentions needed other then what you say gwxlibs 2.1.0Ba ?
>
> > Your input is appreciated
>
> Is Samba 2.2 of any use?
> If so BKW compiled it ready for OSR506http://www.aljex.com/bkw/sco/#samba
>
> IIRC 506 included a licence for VisionFS. Not a product I'd be
> enthusiastic to use nowadays.
>
> I suspect that compiling Samba 3 on OSR506, or getting Samba 3 binaries
> for OSR507 to work on OSR506, would be beyond me. That probably isn't
> saying much - it may not be a problem for others.
>
> Sorry to have wasted your time.
>
> --
> RGB

Your not wasting my time :)

You say you have the samba version that I was talking about running on
5.0.6a .  Not sure what the difference is between 5.0.6

Any way where did you get gwxlibs 2.1.0Ba ?

Is the order that you install important ?  I can find no documentation
on installing.  Maybe Darl has it!

No way am I going to compile on SCO
Brent Bolin wrote:
> On Dec 9, 11:00 am, RedGrittyBrick <RedGrittyBr...@spamweary.invalid>
> wrote:
>> Brent Bolin wrote:
>>> I've been away from SCO for a while now.  Working with an application
>>> person.  Somewhere he found this info that also needs to be installed
>>> -
>>> before Installing MP3, which includes Samba 3.0.20:
>>>  1. Make sure RS506A is installed; if not, download and install it.
>>>  2. Install Oss646b
>>>  3. Install GwxLibs
>>>  4. Then install MP3
>> I have a funny feeling that the above may relate to installing (parts
>> of?) OSR507 MP3 onto OSR506. I'm out of my depth.
>>
>>> Yes installing *.VOL is easy and know how to do it.  Are any of these
>>> things he mentions needed other then what you say gwxlibs 2.1.0Ba ?
>>> Your input is appreciated
>> Is Samba 2.2 of any use?
>> If so BKW compiled it ready for OSR506http://www.aljex.com/bkw/sco/#samba
>>
>> IIRC 506 included a licence for VisionFS. Not a product I'd be
>> enthusiastic to use nowadays.
>>
>> I suspect that compiling Samba 3 on OSR506, or getting Samba 3 binaries
>> for OSR507 to work on OSR506, would be beyond me. That probably isn't
>> saying much - it may not be a problem for others.
>>
>> Sorry to have wasted your time.
>>
>> --
>> RGB
>
> Your not wasting my time :)
>
> You say you have the samba version that I was talking about running on
> 5.0.6a .  Not sure what the difference is between 5.0.6
>
> Any way where did you get gwxlibs 2.1.0Ba ?
>
> Is the order that you install important ?  I can find no documentation
> on installing.  Maybe Darl has it!
>
> No way am I going to compile on SCO

For the latest, look at:

	ftp://ftp.sco.com/pub/openserver5/opensrc/gwxlibs-2.1.0Ba
0
nkadel (705)
12/9/2008 5:18:06 PM
Brent Bolin wrote:
> On Dec 9, 11:00 am, RedGrittyBrick <RedGrittyBr...@spamweary.invalid>
> wrote:
>> Brent Bolin wrote:
>>> I've been away from SCO for a while now.  Working with an application
>>> person.  Somewhere he found this info that also needs to be installed
>>> -
>>> before Installing MP3, which includes Samba 3.0.20:
>>>  1. Make sure RS506A is installed; if not, download and install it.
>>>  2. Install Oss646b
>>>  3. Install GwxLibs
>>>  4. Then install MP3
>> I have a funny feeling that the above may relate to installing (parts
>> of?) OSR507 MP3 onto OSR506. I'm out of my depth.
>>
>>> Yes installing *.VOL is easy and know how to do it.  Are any of these
>>> things he mentions needed other then what you say gwxlibs 2.1.0Ba ?
>>> Your input is appreciated
>> Is Samba 2.2 of any use?
>> If so BKW compiled it ready for OSR506http://www.aljex.com/bkw/sco/#samba
>>
>> IIRC 506 included a licence for VisionFS. Not a product I'd be
>> enthusiastic to use nowadays.
>>
>> I suspect that compiling Samba 3 on OSR506, or getting Samba 3 binaries
>> for OSR507 to work on OSR506, would be beyond me. That probably isn't
>> saying much - it may not be a problem for others.
>>
>> Sorry to have wasted your time.
>>

> Your not wasting my time :)
>
> You say you have the samba version that I was talking about running on
> 5.0.6a .  Not sure what the difference is between 5.0.6
>
> Any way where did you get gwxlibs 2.1.0Ba ?

I didn't but ftp://ftp.sco.com/pub/openserver5/opensrc/ looks useful.

> Is the order that you install important ?  I can find no documentation
> on installing.  Maybe Darl has it!
>
> No way am I going to compile on SCO

I've been rummaging through my notes.

Some years ago I installed 3.0.1 on a customer's 5.0.6. system. I think
it was samba_506.tar.bz2 from ftp://ftp.aplawrence.com/pub/zini/

A slightly later version is
ftp://ftp2.sco.com/pub/skunkware/osr5/vols/samba-3.0.9.cpio but I'm
pretty sure I didn't try that. It needs at least gwxlibs.

I have read that you can install on 5.0.6 just the Samba 3.? components
from a 5.0.7 supplement CD
ftp://ftp.sco.com/pub/openserver5/507/supp_cd/osr507supp2CDimage.iso

My notes from that time don't mention any prerequisites when I installed
samba_506.tar.bz2. The 5.0.6 system probably had up-to date (at that
time) supplements installed.

In your shoes I'd check that at least rs506a, oss646b and gwxlibs were
installed and if not install them.
http://www.sco.com/support/ftplists/osr5list.html might help.

--
RGB
On Dec 9, 11:56=A0am, RedGrittyBrick <RedGrittyBr...@spamweary.invalid>
wrote:
> Brent Bolin wrote:
> > On Dec 9, 11:00 am, RedGrittyBrick <RedGrittyBr...@spamweary.invalid>
> > wrote:
> >> I have a funny feeling that the above may relate to installing (parts
> >> of?) OSR507 MP3 onto OSR506. I'm out of my depth.

> >> Is Samba 2.2 of any use?
> >> If so BKW compiled it ready for OSR506http://www.aljex.com/bkw/sco/#sa=
mba

> >> IIRC 506 included a licence for VisionFS. Not a product I'd be
> >> enthusiastic to use nowadays.
>
> >> I suspect that compiling Samba 3 on OSR506, or getting Samba 3 binarie=
> >> for OSR507 to work on OSR506, would be beyond me. That probably isn't
> >> saying much - it may not be a problem for others.
>
> >> Sorry to have wasted your time.
>
> > Your not wasting my time :)
>
> > You say you have the samba version that I was talking about running on
> > 5.0.6a . =A0Not sure what the difference is between 5.0.6
>
> > Any way where did you get gwxlibs 2.1.0Ba ?
>
> I didn't butftp://ftp.sco.com/pub/openserver5/opensrc/looks useful.
>

> > Is the order that you install important ? =A0I can find no documentatio=
> > on installing. =A0Maybe Darl has it!
>
> > No way am I going to compile on SCO
>
> I've been rummaging through my notes.
>
> Some years ago I installed 3.0.1 on a customer's 5.0.6. system. I think
> it was samba_506.tar.bz2 fromftp://ftp.aplawrence.com/pub/zini/
>
> A slightly later version isftp://ftp2.sco.com/pub/skunkware/osr5/vols/sam=
ba-3.0.9.cpiobut I'm
> pretty sure I didn't try that. It needs at least gwxlibs.
>
> I have read that you can install on 5.0.6 just the Samba 3.? components
> from a 5.0.7 supplement CDftp://ftp.sco.com/pub/openserver5/507/supp_cd/o=
sr507supp2CDimage.iso

> My notes from that time don't mention any prerequisites when I installed
> samba_506.tar.bz2. The 5.0.6 system probably had up-to date (at that
> time) supplements installed.
>
> In your shoes I'd check that at least rs506a, oss646b and gwxlibs were
> installed and if not install them.http://www.sco.com/support/ftplists/osr=
5list.htmlmight help.

> --
> RGB

Thanks for the help.  Will give it a go.
On Tue, 9 Dec 2008, RedGrittyBrick wrote:
> Brent Bolin wrote:
>> On Dec 9, 9:19 am, RedGrittyBrick <RedGrittyBr...@spamweary.invalid>
>> wrote:
>>> I guess you mean the one
>>> atftp://ftp2.sco.com/pub/skunkware/osr5/vols/samba-3.0.14Aa-VOLS.cpio
>>>
>>> On Oct 31, 2007, Bob Troester wrote:
>>>      I have been using samba 3.0.14Aa on SCO Open Server 5.0.6.a with
>>>      gwxlibs 2.1.0Ba successfully for several months

>>> What do you mean? VOL files are usually easy to install aren't they?
>>>
>>> I'd extract the VOL files from cpio archive and use custom to install
>>> them. (actually I prefer to use `scoadmin software` but YMMV).
>>>
>>> man cpio
>>> man custom
>>>
>>> Then I'd read whatever man pages are in the VOLs and/or the samba 3.0
>>> web-site docs.
>>>
>>> Presumably all the above is known to you and I have missed your real
>>> question. If so, sorry.
>>
>> I've been away from SCO for a while now.  Working with an application
>> person.  Somewhere he found this info that also needs to be installed
>> -
>>
>> before Installing MP3, which includes Samba 3.0.20:
>>
>>  1. Make sure RS506A is installed; if not, download and install it.
>>  2. Install Oss646b
>>  3. Install GwxLibs
>>  4. Then install MP3
>
> I have a funny feeling that the above may relate to installing (parts of?)
> OSR507 MP3 onto OSR506. I'm out of my depth.
>
>> Yes installing *.VOL is easy and know how to do it.  Are any of these
>> things he mentions needed other then what you say gwxlibs 2.1.0Ba ?
>>
>> Your input is appreciated
>
> Is Samba 2.2 of any use?
> If so BKW compiled it ready for OSR506
> http://www.aljex.com/bkw/sco/#samba
>
> IIRC 506 included a licence for VisionFS. Not a product I'd be enthusiastic
> to use nowadays.
>
> I suspect that compiling Samba 3 on OSR506, or getting Samba 3 binaries for
> OSR507 to work on OSR506, would be beyond me. That probably isn't saying much
> - it may not be a problem for others.

You will find what you need on the SCO website.  Start with

http://www.sco.com/support/ftplists/osr5list.html

The page has links to all the SW you need to install to bring it current.
Then you should be able to install the Samba.

Good Luck.

--
Boyd Gerber <gerberb@zenez.com> 801 849-0213
ZENEZ	1042 East Fort Union #135, Midvale Utah  84047
> atftp://ftp2.sco.com/pub/skunkware/osr5/vols/samba-3.0.14Aa-VOLS.cpio
>
> On Oct 31, 2007, Bob Troester wrote:
> I have been using samba 3.0.14Aa on SCO Open Server 5.0.6.a with
> gwxlibs 2.1.0Ba successfully for several months
>
> > Where can I find documentation to install it?
>
> What do you mean? VOL files are usually easy to install aren't they?
>
> I'd extract the VOL files from cpio archive and use custom to install
> them. (actually I prefer to use `scoadmin software` but YMMV).
>
> man cpio
> man custom
>
> Then I'd read whatever man pages are in the VOLs and/or the samba 3.0
> web-site docs.
>
> Presumably all the above is known to you and I have missed your real
> question. If so, sorry.
>
> --
> RGB

I've been away from SCO for a while now.  Working with an application
person.  Somewhere he found this info that also needs to be installed
-

before Installing MP3, which includes Samba 3.0.20:

 1. Make sure RS506A is installed; if not, download and install it.
 2. Install Oss646b
 3. Install GwxLibs
 4. Then install MP3

Yes installing *.VOL is easy and know how to do it.  Are any of these
things he mentions needed other then what you say gwxlibs 2.1.0Ba ?

Your input is appreciated

btb
--------------------------

I don't know why he said to install oss646b, oss646c supercedes it. Perhaps
he just meant to say "oss646" meaning whatever is the latest revision at the
time.

I don't know why he said to install an unspecified version of gwxlibs before
mp3. mp3 includes gwxlibs, and if mp3 is what you do last, then mp3's
version of gwxlibs is what you will be left with anyways, and so there's no
sense in installing some other version first. There are several newer
versions of gwxlibs after mp3 however.

I would just install rs506a, oss646c, and then mp3 in that order.
There are other updates I'd install, but nothing from this list.

Also I assume you are talking about 507mp3 since there is no such thing as
506mp3.
If so, 2 things:

It's possible to install much of the stuff from 507 mp3 on 506, as long as
oss646c is in there.
But it's not officially supported. You become fairly on-your-own at that
point.
(I would say you already were anyways so what's the difference?)

There are also mp4 and mp5 that generally supercede and obsolete mp3.
In the case of mp5, I think the most recent gwxlibs and samba available
anywhere are the ones in mp5.
It also includes several things that obsolete various skunkware and other
builds of gnu utils and other open source stuff. For example the extshells
package in mp5 is the best and most recent versions of bash, zsh, and ksh.

However I have encountered and heard of other odd things here & there where
mp5 caused a problem that mp3 didn't.
There are actually a few issues like that with every level of update. A bone
stock 507 has problems that mp1 fixes, mp3 fixes some things and I can't say
for sure if it introduces any or not. Somewhere between mp3 and mp5 broke
Olympus TuneUp. (rather, if tuneup is installed, you can't compile your
kernel, so, really, mp-something broke tune-up, but in such a way that
tune-up ends up breaking your system.) Other than that, in  general my last
few osr5 boxes, 506 and 507, which were all heavily used, generally suffered
creeping increasing filesystem corruption. I don't believe it was hardware
because it was different boxes using different hardware and the same boxes
later got reinstalled with opensuse linux and reiserfs and never had a
problem handling even more load.
The corruption was not scrambled file data, it was mystery files and dirs
that can't be deleted, and when you try, your box reboots. Yummy. This was
both 506 and 507, but one possible common element was installing stuff from
507mp3/4/5 on all. A few were not especially heavily loaded so I don't think
it was load. Or filesystem size, a few were little 18 and 32 gig hardware
raid5 on 3 drives. All were running filepro and a bunch of gnu stuff
assembled by me from either self compiled or osr507mp3/4/5 , and
approximately the same set of other 3rd party software like vsifax, pcmiler,
facetwin. I never tracked it down because by the time the pattern became
clear, I was no longer installing new osr5 boxes anyways, so when another
box started to go south, generally it was time to upgrade anyways so I just
migrated them to linux and haven't had a problem since then.
It should be noted that I still have lots of existing osr5 boxes out there
chugging away with no apparent problems so it's not necessarily a given that
the last updates to osr5 506 & 507 will cause eventual fs corruption.
I don't know what to recommend. It may possibly be that the problem was in
mp1, mp3 & mp4, and mp5 finally fixes it. I don't have any boxes that have
been running mp5 for very long. And of course none of the 504, 505, and
earlier 506 boxes that ran for years and years ever had this problem.
I'm just glad it's not my problem any more since I don't install osr5 any
more.
Well ok yes that is one real recommendadtion, suck it up and wade into linux
and migrate to linux.
It may be quite a bit of work if you're not familiar with the OS and if your
app has lot's of osr5-specific commands and assumptions (which it never
should have had in the first place tsk tsk) but, it is past time to have
done this overhaul by now. Don't confuse this with the idiots that will tell
you to solve every stupid disabled printer problem with "install linux!" .
Thats not what this is.

--
Brian K. White    brian@aljex.com    http://www.myspace.com/KEYofR
filePro  BBx    Linux  SCO  FreeBSD    #callahans  Satriani  Filk!

0
brian109 (760)
12/9/2008 8:15:08 PM
Brian K. White wrote:

> I've been away from SCO for a while now.  Working with an application
> person.  Somewhere he found this info that also needs to be installed
> -
>
> before Installing MP3, which includes Samba 3.0.20:
>
>  1. Make sure RS506A is installed; if not, download and install it.
>  2. Install Oss646b
>  3. Install GwxLibs
>  4. Then install MP3
>
> Yes installing *.VOL is easy and know how to do it.  Are any of these
> things he mentions needed other then what you say gwxlibs 2.1.0Ba ?
>
> Your input is appreciated
>
> btb

Shouldn't that be oss646c?

	ftp://ftp.sco.com/pub/openserver5/oss646c/

rs506a is at:

	ftp://ftp.sco.com/pub/openserver5/rs506a

I also highly recommend OpenSSH, from

	ftp://ftp.sco.com/pub/openserver5/opensrc/openssh-4.2p1/

				Nico
0
nkadel (705)
12/9/2008 11:04:43 PM
>> I've been away from SCO for a while now.  Working with an application
>> person.  Somewhere he found this info that also needs to be installed
>> -
>>
>> before Installing MP3, which includes Samba 3.0.20:
>>
>>  1. Make sure RS506A is installed; if not, download and install it.
>>  2. Install Oss646b
>>  3. Install GwxLibs
>>  4. Then install MP3
>>

> Shouldn't that be oss646c?

Botched attributions.
I did not say the above.
In fact I made the same correction about oss646c.

--
Brian K. White    brian@aljex.com    http://www.myspace.com/KEYofR
filePro  BBx    Linux  SCO  FreeBSD    #callahans  Satriani  Filk!

0
brian109 (760)
12/10/2008 11:40:47 AM
On 10 Dec, 11:40, "Brian K. White" <br...@aljex.com> wrote:
> [...]

You did, Brian, you did! Flipping 'hide quoted material' Gmail
interface.......
0
nkadel (705)

NFS SCo 5.0.5 with SCO 6.0.0
Hi everybody, I have a folder on SCO 5.0.5 server shared through NFS with a new SCO 6.0.0 with MP2 server (converted from a SCO 5.0.6 version). Before conversion file locks (over network) on this folder works well (eg from server SCO 5.0.6 I was able to see locks generated from SCO 5.0.5 box and viceversa), now with SCO 6.0.0 does not work ! I see that on SCO 6.0.0 the lockd daemon is active .. so it should work ... Please can you help me ? Thanks Cuffiette ...

Looking for precompiled 'rsync" for SCO 5.0.5, 5.0.6 and 5.0.7
I was recommended to use 'rsync' for multi-site transfers. But I have come to find that "rsync" does not exist already in OpenServer 5.0.5, 5.0.6 and 5.0.7. You can only get the "source" files which you "must" compile in order to create the "rsync." These seems to require that you compile these on every level of OpenServer you need. Where / how can I get the 'rsync' binaries already compiled for the levels I need? smlunatick typed (on Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 11:10:53AM -0700): | I was recommended to use 'rsync' for multi-site tr...

SCO OpenServe 6.0.0 Filesystem MUCH Faster Than 5.0.6
The speed of the SCO OpenServer 6.0.0 filesystem is quite noticeably faster than I enjoyed on OpenServer 5.0.6. How do I know? I donno, but it feels and seems so. I didn't expect this, so I didn't make these tests while still on 5.0.6, but I KNOW I have a lot more files and directories on 6.0.0 than I did on 5.0.6. The Verify of my Last Master Backup shows what is on my systen: 255191 files were encountered 167 files were excluded 9 files were not checked because the hard disk file had been modified by a program since it was backed up 2...

Access a SCO 3.0 drive from 5.0.6?
I have an old machine with SCO 3.0 and no networking. I need the data off the IDE drive. I put this drive in a 5.0.6 box that I have and ran mkdev hd, but it would never show the partitions on the drive (I have since put the drive back in the old box and it boots fine.). When the old server boots, it does show /usr mounting as S51K Any ideas on how to get this to work? Do I need to mkdev hd first or can I just access the filesystem directly somehow? I'm lost. Thanks! jf jfranks1970@gmail.com wrote: > I have an old machine with SCO 3.0 and no networking. I need the data > of...

if time = 3 seconds, how do i set the values of the time steps 0,0.1,0.2,0.3,0.5,1.0,1.5,2.0,3.0,5.0 to -9999 from time =3 seconds
Hi &nbsp; I have 18 inputs (arrays) which contain certain statistics and if time&nbsp;&nbsp;= 3 seconds, set the values of time step 5.0 to -9999.0. &nbsp; I was wondering if there is an efficient way to do this without using a lot of case statements? &nbsp; Thank you. Hello AdrianT, it's not really clear to me what you want to do... I suspect: you have an array containing values and you want to output them with a fixed timing of 3 seconds: you should use a for loop autoindexing trough your array and sending the value to your indicator/output/whatever. Put a "wa...

Samba 3.0.20 on SCO 5.0.7 with MP4
I want to be able to join the SCO server running 5.0.7 with MP4 and samba 3.0.20 to an NT domain. The problem I have is that the samba net command is not part of the install. I have searched all the filesystems and have not been able to find the samba net program, Has anyone used 3.0.20 to join an NT domain? If so did you use the net command as per the samba guide? If not then how did you do it without the samba net program. Craig Green wrote: > I want to be able to join the SCO server running 5.0.7 with MP4 and > samba 3.0.20 to an NT domain. > The problem I have is that the sam...

SCO 5.0.5 vs. 6.0
I'm having a new server built: SuperMicro P4SC8 Mother Board Intel P4 3.0Ghz 800 FSB 1GB CPU 73GB 10K 80 PIN SCSI Drive Sony 20/40GB DAT Drive SDT11000/BN DDS4 Adaptec 2010S Card for Mirroring Comtrol Rockport Card 99126-7 Is there any reason I should update my current version of SCO 5.0.5? Frank The following article is a recommendation from SCO when using P4 http://www.sco.com/ta/115963 "FrankS" <fshank@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:CqT_f.65026$H71.37215@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com... > I'm having a new server built: > > SuperMicro P...

Trying to compile putty-0.60 on SCO UNIX 5.0.7 with GCC and SCO Dev
I am trying to compile putty downloaded from http://linux.softpedia.com/progDownload/PuTTY-Download-347.html but get the error below. gcc -g -O2 -Wall -Werror -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DHAVE_X11 -DHAVE_X -DSYSV -Di386 -DS CO325 -D__SCO__ -DHAVE_XAW -DHAVE_SHAPE_EXT -DHAVE_SHAPE -DHAVE_SHM_EXT -DHAVE_X SHM -DHAVE_XCONVERTCASE -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr /include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/gl ib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/X11R6/include -I.././ -I../charset/ -I../windows/ -I../unix/ -I../mac/...

SCO 5.0.5/5.0.6 bios clock, time zone and synching
Hi All, Does SCO expect the BIOS clock to be set to UTC? Ive got a few SCO boxen spread across a couple of time zones and at the moment, the bios clocks in the servers are set to localtime not UTC. The timezone settings in SCO Admin are also wrong. I was under the impression *nix always expects the BIOS clock to be set to UTC and then the timezone settings in SCO tell the OS what the local time is. This does not seem to be the case for me. On a testing box, Ive set the BIOS clock to UTC, set the correct timezone in scoadmin but the date command in a root shell still gives the wrong time. E...

Samba Ver 3 port to SCO Openserver 5.0.6
Has anyone come across Samba V3 for SCO Openserver, desperately need ADS support. Many Thanks John Milner PCI Systems Cid wrote: > Has anyone come across Samba V3 for SCO Openserver, desperately need ADS > support. > > Many Thanks > > John Milner > PCI Systems > > Get rid of the SCO stuff as soon as you can... regards Carsten ...

Sco OpenServer upgrading 5.0.6 to 5.0.7
I need some help. I need to upgrade my Sco O.S.506 to 507 and told me that I need to reinstall all the operative system and not the upgrading of it. Is it true ? Thanks in advance and excuse me if before someone alredy answered this query but I do not find anything about this matter bye Roberto Pineapple typed (on Wed, Apr 07, 2004 at 01:39:46PM +0200): | I need some help. | I need to upgrade my Sco O.S.506 to 507 and told me that I need to reinstall | all the operative system and not the upgrading of it. | Is it true ? No. | Thanks in advance and excuse me if before someone alredy answe...

Does samba 3.0.14Aa on OS 5.0.6 work with ldapsam backend on another LDAP server?
I have been using samba 3.0.14Aa on SCO Open Server 5.0.6.a with gwxlibs 2.1.0Ba successfully for several months as a Backup Domain Controller using a smbpasswd text file back end. Before that I had used 3.0.9 on SCO 5.0.6 for quite some time after suffering problems I detailed in this list back in 2005 in http://groups.google.com/group/comp.unix.sco.misc/browse_thread/thread/8971f96c4d0343de/1284047be3ad5bb9?lnk=gst&q=troester#1284047be3ad5bb9 I wanted to use passdb=ldapsam so it could share passwords with my PDC, a RedHat4 box running samba 3.0.10 and OpenLDAP 2.2.13. I realized that th...

SCO Open Server 5.0.6 versus 5.0.4
Hi, Anybody can point me to info or can state if there is a performance improvement from running 5.0.6 versus 5.0.4. Application is database access centered. Regards, Marian news wrote: > Hi, > Anybody can point me to info or can state if there is a performance > improvement from running 5.0.6 versus 5.0.4. Application is database access > centered. I don't think you are going to get a useful answer. Let's assume that I could authoritatively say that 5.0.6 has performance related improvements over .4 in certain areas. I can't recall if it does or doesn't, bu...

Samba on SCO 5.0.6 ?
Is it possible? Any info will be appreciated. TIA -- Ygnacio Moreno. Remove 'TheObvious' from email to respond. YM typed (on Tue, Apr 26, 2005 at 03:13:00PM +0000): | Is it possible? | | Any info will be appreciated. ftp.sco.com/pub/updates/OpenServer/CSSA-2003-SCO.13 -- JP YM wrote: > Is it possible? > > Any info will be appreciated. > > TIA Why not? It's been possible since 3.2v4.x.. See http://www.aplawrence.com/Unixart/bbsambanetwork.html and other articles found by searchin "samba" at my site. -- Tony Lawrence Unix/Linux/Mac OS X r...

Web resources about - samba-3.0.14Aa-VOLS.cpio on SCO 5.0.6 - comp.unix.sco.misc