Sart and stop the spool ?

Hello, I'm retired for three years and forgot how to stop and start the
spool ?

Can somebody help me ?

Thank you in advance.

Andre Georgel

Site : http://www.materiels-trans.fr

"La perfection n'est pas lorsqu'il n'y a�plus rien �
ajouter, mais lorsque qu'il n'y a plus rien � enlever."
"Perfection is not when there is nothing to add, but
when there is nothing to remove."

(A. de Saint Exupery)

ISO

Andr� Georgel wrote:
> Hello, I'm retired for three years and forgot how to stop and start the
> spool ?
>
> Can somebody help me ?
>
> Thank you in advance.

/usr/lib/lpshut

to restart:

/usr/lib/lpsched

lpstat -t summarizes all printers status.

            SCO Authorized Partner
            Microlite BackupEdge Certified Reseller
            (209) 745-1401 Cell: (209) 251-9120
            E-mail: patubb@inreach.com
Pat
12/7/2009 9:24:21 AM
> Andr� Georgel wrote:
>> Hello, I'm retired for three years and forgot how to stop and start the
>> spool ?
>>
>> Can somebody help me ?
>>
>> Thank you in advance.
>>

> /usr/lib/lpshut
>
> to restart:
>
> /usr/lib/lpsched
>
> lpstat -t summarizes all printers status.

I remenber lpstat -t but I've atempt lpshut but the path was missing !
Thank you for your help

Andre Georgel

Site : http://www.materiels-trans.fr

"La perfection n'est pas lorsqu'il n'y a�plus rien �
ajouter, mais lorsque qu'il n'y a plus rien � enlever."
"Perfection is not when there is nothing to add, but
when there is nothing to remove."

(A. de Saint Exupery)

ISO

How to stop a thread without using stop()
There is a thread which calls just ONE METHOD. The problem is the method can work for 1 sec to more than 10minutes. I have to stop if the thread work for more than 10 secs and I don't have the source of the method - but, I have to use the method. Thread.stop() method is deprecated.. So, I tried using interrupt() method, but it did not work. Then how can the thread be stopped without using stop() ?? Thank you. -- ** Son KwonNam Please DO NOT reply to this message's email address. The address is fake. Son KwonNam wrote: > The problem is the method can work for 1 sec to more th...

Interalia RAN stopped working
I have a Meridian 11c with an Interalia MMU2 for recorded announcements. I currently have only 1 announcement recorded for an ACD queue, the standard "all agents busy, please wait" type of announcement. The announcement recently quit working (last 2 days). The Interalia has power, and the message exists. MSG1 is "turned on" in Interalia display. No wiring changes have been made. Stat of trunk card in LD 32 shows the RAN as idle. I tried the ACOD of the RDB for the RAN and get a fast busy. Any ideas? I'm really stuck here.... Thanks in advance. Sounds like...

thread crashes on stop
Hi: I'm trying for the first time to use threads in my program, and I have some basic problem. The thread sample works fine on my system (wxMac 2.4.2 on MacOSX 10.3.4), and as this is the first time I program in threads, it is likely I'm doing something wrong. My thread class is called "SThread" and is derived from wxThread as follows: #include "SThread.h" SThread::SThread() : wxThread() { //no initialization to do } void *SThread::Entry() { while (1) { wxThread::Sleep(100); if ( TestDestroy() ) b...

Stopping pkgrm
Hi, I am currently creating my own packages. I have a need for the abilit to stop a package from being removed (ie stop pkgrm from removing file etc). Does anybody know how? TIA Regards Pau -- Relex ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Relexx's Profile: http://unixadmintalk.com/80 View this thread: http://unixadmintalk.com/showthread.php?t=25909 On Tue, 16 Jan 2007 20:08:56 -0800, Relexx <Relexx.2kswxn@no-mx.unixadmintalk.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I am currently creating my own packages. I have a need for the ability >to stop a pac...

Ftp downloads always stop at last KB
Hi all. I am running mandrake 9.1 with shorewall 1.4.6c, and my problem is that every time I try and do an ftp download it runs fine until the last 2kb, and then hangs. I am on BtOpenworld plugged into an ethernet adsl router. THis is from my firewall and from clients. Has anybody come across this before ? jacob reimann <jacob@spam.me> wrote: > Hi all. > > I am running mandrake 9.1 with shorewall 1.4.6c, and my problem is that > every time I try and do an ftp download it runs fine until the last 2kb, > and then hangs. I am on BtOpenworld plugged into an ethernet a...

Help with SNMP to control (start|stop|restart) unix processes...
Hi: I'll keep the question as simple as I can. You've written a script that accepts as arguments integers 1 to 100, each of which causes the script to produce a different result (say, option 1 kills all java processes). That script is sitting on a Solaris 9 or 10 machine (for purposes of this discussion, say its called: /usr/local/bin/controller.sh). Now you want to configure SNMP server on that machine to be able to receive a signal from some SNMP client, to launch that script with whatever option you pass it via the SNMP client request (again 1 to 100)... which I assume will be sn...

Stop it Stop it Stop it
All this talk about Oblivion, and here I am, sitting on my hands, waiting for bastardbuy to ship me a freakin' out-of-stock-don't-know-when-more-will-arrive Xbox 360 and Oblivion. I have a good mind to download Oblivion from a torrent and play it on my computer. You're all so insensitive to my pain, so I'm going to have to filter Oblivion posts for now. "Grackle" <nowhere@lalaland.ca> wrote in message news:kRZVf.811$u15.185775@news20.bellglobal.com... > All this talk about Oblivion, and here I am, sitting on my hands, waiting > for bastardbuy t...

Sart and stop the spool ?
Hello, I'm retired for three years and forgot how to stop and start the spool ? Can somebody help me ? Thank you in advance. -- --------------------------------------------------- Andre Georgel Site : http://www.materiels-trans.fr "La perfection n'est pas lorsqu'il n'y a�plus rien � ajouter, mais lorsque qu'il n'y a plus rien � enlever." "Perfection is not when there is nothing to add, but when there is nothing to remove." (A. de Saint Exupery) ---------------------------------------------------- Andr� Georgel wrote...

4.58 Filters Stopped Working!
Hello! I set up a bunch of filters, first to deal with spam and then to direct mail from certain email lists to their own folders (so as not to clog my inbox). They've worked great for about 8 months. Yesterday, they stopped working. I checked, and the filters are still there, but my inbox isn't being scanned. Emails from a list are now landing in my Inbox. I created some new filters to test the system, and they aren't working either. I searched the Setup Configuration for flags about filters, but didn't find anything relevant. Any help here? A clip from my .pinerc fil...

How do I stop this polling
After trying this snipet at a Workspace and then closing Squeak, (snipet from http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/3644) I get occasional polling signals to the URL below. My questions are, how do I stop it and what line incorporated the snippet into the image. I thought once I would get out of Squeak the process would terminate. I guess am kind of new at this. Here is the snippet "A small snippet that plays a tune when something has changed at the Squeak Swiki! It simply polls the recent changes page every 30 seconds in a separate Process. Do note though that a too small ...

M I`5 Persec ution , why wo n't th e British pol ice do their j ob a nd put a stop to it ?
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- -= why won't the. British police do their job and put a stop to it? -= -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- The British police obviously do know what is taking place.. Besides my interpretations of what individual officers have said which. forces that conclusion, it. would be inconceivable for them to be unaware of something on this. scale. If. they know, then they will know that the abusers have broken laws in the UK and abroad. Recently the UK. introduced laws against electronic spyin...

Firefox has stopped running
I have been happily using Firefox v5 - the Christmas day release version. But today for reasons best known to itself when I now double click on it all I get is a task window with a revolving list of what looks like commmands - this just revolves till you press alt-break. I haven't knowingly changed anything that should cause this, can anyone suggest what I may have unknowingly done and what I may do to correct it. I have tried re-downloading Firefox and also checked the elfloader and tinct modules are still where they were when it was running correctly. Iyonix 5.12 -- JayCee I...

How Do I Make HP LaserJet Stop Reprinting on Error?
At my office, I have an HP LaserJet 5SiNX. It is a good printer, and reliable. When an error occurs, however, it responds by reprinting the entire document from the beginning. I would like to change this behavior. How can I configure the printer so it stops printing when an error occurs, rather than reprinting? There are times when a difficult page at the end of a document causes the document to go into an endless cycle of error and reprint. I have seen a 50 page document cause the printer to burn through an entire ream of 500 pages. -TC In general-- Two things need to happ...

Stop feeding the snit.
and he will go away. He is laughing at those who are foolish enough to believe his faked and doctored videos. ...

Compaq Presario x1000 will not sart, what to do?
Compaq Presario x1000-does not boot..Doesn't even reach POST I have a Compaq Presario x1000 notebook. last week after using it, I shut down as usual. But when i powered it on some time later.it simply refuses to boot. The hard disk whirring sound comes to a stop within 2 seconds of powering on. All the LEDs are on. The screen remains blank with no sign of any activity. The fact is that the system halts before getting to the POST. I connected it to an external monitor but there's still no display. meaning that the LCD id ok. I have tried removing the battery ... and doing a power drain...

stop xpc target simulation after losing connection
Hello, I want to implement a stop function on my target pc when the connection is lost. Therefor i need to keep track of my connection. I thought i could do this by using UDP blocks to send data every timestep to my target. If the data stream breaks up i could trigger the stopblock and the simulation should stop, but I didn't get it working so far. The problem is properbly that I don't receive any data on my target and the simulation stops immediatly. Is there a way to make this work? ...

Xserver won't stop
Using CentOS 4.4 final, fully updated. Im trying to install the Nvidia drivers for me Geforce 4 card. Download the NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-8774- pkg1.run file. From what i have read i have to install without X server running. I have tried several ways of doing this .. ctrl+alt+f1, then init 3, but then the system freezes after starting anacron (on right side of screen it says ok, so i'm guessing it means it loaded it ok)curser just blinks..no cmd prompt or anything. I tried changing the value in /etc/inittab id:5:initdefault: to id:3:initdefault: both get me into text mode, put...

Help
I've been having the same problem for 2 weeks now. If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them. We are using both SQL and Windows Authentication. I was running a Profiler Trace at the time, and am going through it now but have not seen anything yet. Thanks in advance. About once a week, at no fixed time (but so far, between 8am and 11am), my SQL Server 2000 on Windows 2000 (8.00.679) will stop responding. New connections will at first take forever to connect, then an error message about the PreLoginHandshake(). We have to kill the service (read below) to stop it, but it comes...

Printing Stops under GIMP Print.
Hi. I'm a non-programmer user of Gimp Print 4.2.7-0. It's successfullly installed on my G4 OSX10.3.9 and it prints easily to my Epson 1520. However, I can't get my wife's computer to make a print. (Another G4 10.3.9). I've ADDED the epson to the printer list and entered it's IP address, same as on my machine. The Epson shows up in her list, she can set all the printer specific settings, but when she clicks PRINT, the file processes a while and then the JOB is STOPPED. Any clues as to where I should poke around to fix this? Thanks for any help Lance To update this ques...

iis is stopping
Hello, Has anyone noticed any new viruses or anything that might be out? th iis server on winnt has started to stop every few hours for the pas few days forcing a reboot to start the service again. The harddriv space was full which we deleted most of the log files and is showin over a gig open at the moment so I do not think that is the problem The last time this was happening was from the nimda virus which wa patched. Anyone - bigbill ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.webservertalk.co -----------------------------...

My Network Places -> explorer stops responding
As topic, opening my network places kills explorer. Disabling "automatically search for network folders and printers" mostly fixes it, but every now and then explorer still dies because of it. Plus I'd like to have the option enabled. I've tried a few basic things from google results but nothing works. ...

MPE MPEX EDIT or QEDIT solution for right justifying spool ids
We perform some automated searches through specific spool files created every night. It's a set of eight spool files were sometimes they output on the same day sometimes not. We only want to search the last one for report. Sometimes, for whatever reason, the order of Spool ids displayed makes no logical sense. I've considered sorting the spool list piped out by spool id, but ids are left justified without zero fill. #1 Is it possible to force spoolfiles to list by numeric or date order of spoolid? or if not, # If I have an mpe file that looks like this 45627...

Stopping and Starting IO
Hi, I have a file that looks like this: .. .. .. <prod> <d1> <p1:configuration> <p1:f1></p1:f1> <p1:f2></p1:f2> <p1:f3></p1:f3> </p1:configuration> <p2:configuration> <p2:f1></p2:f1> <p2:f2></p2:f2> <p2:f3></ps:f3> </p2:configuration> </d1> <d2> .. .. .. .. </d2> </prod> <dev> <d1> <p1:configuration> <p1:f1></p1:f1> <p1:f2></p1:f2> <p1:f3></p1:f3> </p1:configuration> <p2:configuration> <p2:f1&g...

software specification : freeware for SART method ?
Do you know if there is a freeware / shareware for the SART method (Structured Analysis for Real-Time from Ward / Mellor) ? Thanks !!!! ...

Re: How to stop a joinable thread
Hello Volker, On Fri, 2007-09-14 at 12:35 +0200, Volker Bartheld wrote: > Actually, I've been through that hassle before and didn't come up with a > solution to use wxThread::Delete() in a way that it suited me (Delete seems > to block, at least on wxMSW, so there's no chance to kill a hung thread > that never calls TestDestroy and other shortcomings) Thanks for this but in fact this is not the problem I have - my thread isn't hung, it is calling TestDestroy regularly. I'm just a bit baffled that there doesn't seem to be any way the main thread ...