Sart and stop the spool ?

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hello, I'm retired for three years and forgot how to stop and start the
spool ?

Can somebody help me ?

Thank you in advance.

Andre Georgel

Site : http://www.materiels-trans.fr

"La perfection n'est pas lorsqu'il n'y a�plus rien �
ajouter, mais lorsque qu'il n'y a plus rien � enlever."
"Perfection is not when there is nothing to add, but
when there is nothing to remove."

(A. de Saint Exupery)

Reply ISO 12/7/2009 6:57:01 AM

See related articles to this posting

Andr� Georgel wrote:
> Hello, I'm retired for three years and forgot how to stop and start the
> spool ?
>
> Can somebody help me ?
>
> Thank you in advance.

/usr/lib/lpshut

to restart:

/usr/lib/lpsched

lpstat -t summarizes all printers status.

            SCO Authorized Partner
            Microlite BackupEdge Certified Reseller
            (209) 745-1401 Cell: (209) 251-9120
            E-mail: patubb@inreach.com
Reply Pat 12/7/2009 9:24:21 AM

> Andr� Georgel wrote:
>> Hello, I'm retired for three years and forgot how to stop and start the
>> spool ?
>>
>> Can somebody help me ?
>>
>> Thank you in advance.
>>

> /usr/lib/lpshut
>
> to restart:
>
> /usr/lib/lpsched
>
> lpstat -t summarizes all printers status.

I remenber lpstat -t but I've atempt lpshut but the path was missing !
Thank you for your help

Andre Georgel

Site : http://www.materiels-trans.fr

"La perfection n'est pas lorsqu'il n'y a�plus rien �
ajouter, mais lorsque qu'il n'y a plus rien � enlever."
"Perfection is not when there is nothing to add, but
when there is nothing to remove."

(A. de Saint Exupery)

Reply ISO 12/7/2009 11:29:16 AM
comp.unix.sco.misc 3930 articles. 1 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

How to stop spool getting flushed to the printer buffer
Hi, I am using the TCP/IP for remote printing in AS400. I have to capture the spool(single page per spool) file status and thus abort the function from updating a file. I wrote CL program to retrieve the status. When the printer runs out of paper, it puts the spool in MSGW after few seconds. But in the mean time a copy of the spool file is flushed to printer buffer and the status is returned OK. Nothing should be sent to the printer or buffer when the file turns to MSGW. Any help, looking out for your great suggestion. Thank you, Gai. ...

How to 100% flush lp's buffers? I've rm'd spool-files, lp stop, lp start
I stupidly tried to lp a .pfd instead of its .ps; pile of paper with one line of garbage per page, til I noticed it and empied the paper-tray to stop at least wasting the paper. I then did a cancel on the print-job id -- BUT, again probably stupidly, it didn't come back to a prompt, so after a couple of minutes, I hit ^C. Hooray, I now have a (shell) prompt. (but I may have screwed myself?) Tried an "lp t.foo", tiny ascii-text file, nothing happened (yes, I'd replaced the paper by now). A few more cancels, etc, no good result, no output from hp laserjet. Since I'm ...

Stop it Stop it Stop it
All this talk about Oblivion, and here I am, sitting on my hands, waiting for bastardbuy to ship me a freakin' out-of-stock-don't-know-when-more-will-arrive Xbox 360 and Oblivion. I have a good mind to download Oblivion from a torrent and play it on my computer. You're all so insensitive to my pain, so I'm going to have to filter Oblivion posts for now. "Grackle" <nowhere@lalaland.ca> wrote in message news:kRZVf.811$u15.185775@news20.bellglobal.com... > All this talk about Oblivion, and here I am, sitting on my hands, waiting > for bastardbuy t...

stop does not stop the applet
Hi every one, The applet does not stop if I put this line in the init method. I have tried this.stop(); with no result. try { stop(); } catch (ThreadDeath e) { e.printStackTrace(); System.out.println("What's the secret password?"); } ............................ public void stop() { stopPlaying(bgsound); cdPlayer = null; } Qu=E9bec wrote: > The applet does not stop...

Table Spool\ Lazy Spool
What causes the query optimizer to choose a table spool\lazy spool action in the execution plan? The explanation of "optimize rewinds" makes little sense because my query never comes back to that table. I'm going to have to change the query but it would be helpful if I knew what I should be trying to avoid. David This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0068_01C44BB9.3A5EC9A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Your question regarding 'why' the optimizer chooses one type of pl...

When to stop
Hello This is part coding and part protocol design. I am developing a very simple protocol and working out how to parse out received data into messages. I can process the stream of bytes just about but I think I need help in design. My data is in tlv format and I might get 1 or many tlv's to parse. I know the length of the entire byte stream. This is what I have so far: #include <stdio.h> const char* getType(size_t type) { switch(type) { case 0: return "uint8_t"; case 1: return "byte array"; default: return "unkn...

stop
I want to stop a Matlab-gui-Program with a stop-button Hi, rainer wrote: > I want to stop a Matlab-gui-Program with a stop-button It seems it is nearly the same question as Shirley, 1 hour before. Just put a button on your GUI, via GUIDE or directly in your code. The here is the function I use (the button is named 'boutonquitter'): --- begin --- % Function to exit the GUI when the user press the Quit button function boutonquitter_callback(obj, eventdata) if isruntime close all quit force else close all end --- end --- I found that code in the Matlab Help but ca...

Spool
Hi all, we have a lot of Problems with the qdaemon. ( AIX 5.1, ML 3) lslpp -l bos.rte.printers Dateigruppe Version Status Beschreibung -------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- Pfad: /usr/lib/objrepos bos.rte.printers 5.1.0.25 FESTGESCHR. Front End Printer Support Pfad: /etc/objrepos bos.rte.printers 5.1.0.25 FESTGESCHR. Front End Printer Support About 10.000 queues in qconfig. The SPOOL stops and won't start again. FESTSTELLENDES MODUL 'srchevn.c'@line:'201' FEHLERHAFTES M...

STOP

spool
we have a machine with MPE/iX 5.5. Recently, we started seeing, = occasionally, when we come in the morning and alter priority for a = spoolfile to print, it would disappear. when we alter the second one, it = would print and would continue to work fine till the next day ... has = anyone seen this phenomena? David Milstein CIS Marketing, Inc. 845.268.8600 x 116 * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html * David: I have seen in the past, where a client lowers the priority and then turns ...

STOP
pouvez vous arr�ter de transmettre ces messages qui me gonflent - merci - ...

stop
I'm linux admin )) -- ������ ...

Spool
In Oracle 7.0 (VMS) I have a Pl/Sql script, in which there is a cursor c that retrives CustNo field. For each CustNo I make a query inside the cursor and would need to spool each of these query results (several rows) to a different file. That is, Result of the query for CustNo AX would be placed in file R00001.DAT, CustNo BX in file R00002.DAT and so on. UTL_FILE can not be used. Maybe I should call a COM or SqlPlus file, where the spooling would happen, but I can't make it work.. Jani jani.ahti@pp.nic.fi (Jani Ahti) wrote in message news:<a57b7fef.0312160051.7b5abbc3@p...

How to stop a thread without using stop()
There is a thread which calls just ONE METHOD. The problem is the method can work for 1 sec to more than 10minutes. I have to stop if the thread work for more than 10 secs and I don't have the source of the method - but, I have to use the method. Thread.stop() method is deprecated.. So, I tried using interrupt() method, but it did not work. Then how can the thread be stopped without using stop() ?? Thank you. -- ** Son KwonNam Please DO NOT reply to this message's email address. The address is fake. Son KwonNam wrote: > The problem is the method can work for 1 sec to more th...

Table spool/Lazy spool question
Greetings, In Google I am finding what the deffinition of a table spool operator is but not what it is doing to performance. The execution plan shows the output of a clustered Index scan (54 records) going into the Table Spool operator and having a output of 218,000 records out. Where do the 218,000 records come from?? ...

stop simulink module same as stop function.
Hi. Can the stop function in matlab be used in a s-function to stop a simulink simulation when wrappeid into a s-function. Would like to write a s-function to stop the simulation, close all files and exit from both simulab and matlab. A Q. where to find/create the finish.m file used by exit-function. The idea are to remotly start and stop+exit a simulink-model. BG Sven-Erik Tiberg Lulea Univ. of Technology. Sweden Hi. A supplementary question. Are there any timer module or set of modules in simulink, that would be reseted by a input value of non zero. When zero on input the output inc...

coarrays: stop, error stop and stat_stopped_image
I'm looking at the standard, sec. 8.5.7, and at MFE, sec 19.13.6 and 19.14, but still I'm confused about the exact meaning of STOP statement in a coarray program. MFE, p.349 has: "An image initiates error termination if it executes a statement that would cause the termination of a single-image program but is not a stop or end program statement." What could such statement possibly be? Some error condition, like division by zero, or wrong edit descriptor in I/O statement? Then, the example in MFE on p. 350, and its discussion in the text, seem to suggest tha...

stopping a subvi without stopping the whole program
I am using a subvi in a larger program. So I use the STOP application control. However, stop stops the entire program -- not just the subvi. Now how do I stop the subvi without stopping the rest of the program? I am assuming that the larger application has a "large" loop somewhere where the sub-vi is called more than once, right? Ever thought of placing the sub-vi in a Case Statement with a Bolean Local Variable that feeds the Case Statement? This way, you can initialize the Case Statement to TRUE and run the sub-vi as you normally would. You can change the value to FALSE anywhe...

while and stopping
Hi! in a while, is there a variable telling if the request was cancelled? say: while( $more_data && !$not_cancelled) { blabla ? jodleren wrote: > Hi! > > in a while, is there a variable telling if the request was cancelled? > > say: > while( $more_data && !$not_cancelled) > { > blabla > > ? > There is if you set one. -- ================== Remove the "x" from my email address Jerry Stuckle JDS Computer Training Corp. jstucklex@attglobal.net ================== On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 14:07:08 +0200, jodleren <sonnich@hot....

stop button coding which stop the current for loop
Hi my name is arsalan and i m from pakistan currently i m working on my final year project that is CNC based Intelligent Engraver. i write my software to take image as an input and by using the imread command i convert image into numerical values based on color contrast. write now me stuck in a problem i m trying to make a user friendly gui so that user can easily jog the machine as he likes.the poblem is that i unable to figure out the stop button coding so that user can stop the machine in emergency or any case.. basically i want the stop button to stop the current for loop ...

all stop
I have task manager > processes running. When my computer completely stops working, system idle and all other process stop incrementing CPU time. Any suggestions as to most likely problem? CPU? MB? PS? intel d865perl, p42.8 1G matched ram. W2K. cew wrote: > I have task manager > processes running. When my computer completely > stops working, system idle and all other process stop incrementing CPU > time. > Any suggestions as to most likely problem? CPU? MB? PS? > intel d865perl, p42.8 1G matched ram. W2K. maybe the code showing whether they're incrementing has...

How are they doing this? How do I stop it?
Here is the header of an unwanted email transaction: =====START===== Return-Path: <valid_user@ourdomain.com> Received: from ourserver.dn.net (OUR.IPA.DDR.ESS-generic [OUR.IPA.DDR.ESS]) by ourdomain.com (8.11.6/8.11.6) with ESMTP id i6JIAoq07860 for <other_valid_user@ourdomain.com>; Mon, 19 Jul 2004 11:10:50 -0700 Received: from sgtulmg01.sabre.com ([151.193.220.17]) by linux11319 (MailMonitor for SMTP v1.2.2 ) ; Mon, 19 Jul 2004 11:10:29 -0700 (PDT) Received: from unknown (HELO ag0294937.org) (10.59.37.66) by sgtulmg01.sabre.com with SMTP; 19 Jul 2004 13:10:17 -0500 Date: Mon, 19...

How to stop a kerne calculationl without stopping the frontend
I know you can stop a running calculation by alt+. for example, but that does not always work (on my PC-XP platform), and when I stop the kernel with e.g. XP-eventhandler , the front end ALSO terminates (without letting me save my notebook), is there some alternative way to stop an incommunicado kernel? That is: without also closing down the frontend. Peter W I frequently have this problem under WinXP as well. Alt+, and Alt+. frequently do not stop iterations. The more badly I want to stop them, the more difficult. When keystrokes fail, I sometimes use the menus: Kernel>I...

Stop IMAQ-USB session when execution stops
I am using the IMAQ-USB driver to aquire images from a USB camera. This works aquiring from both USB and DV25 firewire cameras as long as I exit my program by stopping the while loop and allowing the USB session to close. If I click on the stop execution button on the menu bar (red octagon) then the execution stops immediately, &nbsp;and the session doesn't close. This consitently results in a&nbsp; crash and a LabVIEW reboot. This also happens when there is an unrealetd error in teh program and I have to stop the execution. &nbsp; I am using: &nbsp; LabVIEW 8.0.1 Vision 7....