SCO 5.0.5 vs. 6.0

I'm having a new server built:

SuperMicro P4SC8 Mother Board
Intel P4 3.0Ghz 800  FSB 1GB CPU
73GB 10K 80 PIN SCSI  Drive
Sony 20/40GB DAT Drive SDT11000/BN DDS4

Adaptec 2010S Card for Mirroring

Comtrol Rockport Card 99126-7

Is there any reason I should update my current version of SCO 5.0.5?

Frank

0
fshank (20)

The following article is a recommendation from SCO when using P4
http://www.sco.com/ta/115963

"FrankS" <fshank@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> I'm having a new server built:
>
> SuperMicro P4SC8 Mother Board
> Intel P4 3.0Ghz 800  FSB 1GB CPU
> 73GB 10K 80 PIN SCSI  Drive
> Sony 20/40GB DAT Drive SDT11000/BN DDS4
>
> Adaptec 2010S Card for Mirroring
>
> Comtrol Rockport Card 99126-7
>

> Is there any reason I should update my current version of SCO 5.0.5?
>

> Frank

0
comms (23)
4/11/2006 11:37:46 PM
FrankS wrote:
> I'm having a new server built:
>
> SuperMicro P4SC8 Mother Board
> Intel P4 3.0Ghz 800  FSB 1GB CPU
> 73GB 10K 80 PIN SCSI  Drive
> Sony 20/40GB DAT Drive SDT11000/BN DDS4
>
> Adaptec 2010S Card for Mirroring
>
> Comtrol Rockport Card 99126-7
>

> Is there any reason I should update my current version of SCO 5.0.5?

Frank,

OpenServer 5.0.5 is a retired product and is no longer generally
supported by SCO. OpenServer 5.0.5 is not designed to work on P4
systems and you will mmost likely experience problems if you attempt to
run 5.0.5 on such a system. See:

http://wdb1.sco.com/kb/showta?taid=115963

for the details.

5.0.5 does not have built in support for the Adaptec 2010S card either
so you will need to see if you can get a supported driver from Adaptec
directly for this card.

I would suggest that you have two options:

1) Upgrade to OpenServer 6. The one issue that you may run into
hardware wise with such an upgrade is finding a driver for the Comtrol
Rockport card. You would need to check with Comtrol to see if they
provide a driver for this card for OpenServer 6. if they cont then you
would need to look to another muliport serial card provider (Connect
Tech/Equinox/Digi/Perle are possible options).

You would also need to test your applications to see that they will
install and run on OpenServer 6.

2) If you are reluctant to move to OpenServer 6.0.0 then the opther
option you have is to upgrade to OpenServer 5.0.7 but you will not get
the benefit of all the new features of OpenServer 6.0.0 if you choose
this path.

Regards,

Jjohn

0
jboland1 (202)

NFS SCo 5.0.5 with SCO 6.0.0
Hi everybody, I have a folder on SCO 5.0.5 server shared through NFS with a new SCO 6.0.0 with MP2 server (converted from a SCO 5.0.6 version). Before conversion file locks (over network) on this folder works well (eg from server SCO 5.0.6 I was able to see locks generated from SCO 5.0.5 box and viceversa), now with SCO 6.0.0 does not work ! I see that on SCO 6.0.0 the lockd daemon is active .. so it should work ... Please can you help me ? Thanks Cuffiette ...

Looking for precompiled 'rsync" for SCO 5.0.5, 5.0.6 and 5.0.7
I was recommended to use 'rsync' for multi-site transfers. But I have come to find that "rsync" does not exist already in OpenServer 5.0.5, 5.0.6 and 5.0.7. You can only get the "source" files which you "must" compile in order to create the "rsync." These seems to require that you compile these on every level of OpenServer you need. Where / how can I get the 'rsync' binaries already compiled for the levels I need? smlunatick typed (on Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 11:10:53AM -0700): | I was recommended to use 'rsync' for multi-site transfers. But I have | come to find that "rsync" does not exist already in OpenServer 5.0.5, | 5.0.6 and 5.0.7. You can only get the "source" files which you "must" | compile in order to create the "rsync." These seems to require that | you compile these on every level of OpenServer you need. | | Where / how can I get the 'rsync' binaries already compiled for the | levels I need? Get a binary for OSR 5.0.7, and with oss646c, it should run on 5.0.4, 5.0.5, and 5.0.6. Binary afavilable on Brian White's page at www.aljex.com/bkw. -- JP On Aug 18, 7:37=A0pm, Jean-Pierre Radley <j...@jpr.com> wrote: > smlunatick typed (on Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 11:10:53AM -0700): > | I was recommended to use 'rsync' for multi-site transfers. =A0But I hav= e > | come to find that "rsync" does not exist already in OpenSer...

SCO 5.0.5/5.0.6 bios clock, time zone and synching
Hi All, Does SCO expect the BIOS clock to be set to UTC? Ive got a few SCO boxen spread across a couple of time zones and at the moment, the bios clocks in the servers are set to localtime not UTC. The timezone settings in SCO Admin are also wrong. I was under the impression *nix always expects the BIOS clock to be set to UTC and then the timezone settings in SCO tell the OS what the local time is. This does not seem to be the case for me. On a testing box, Ive set the BIOS clock to UTC, set the correct timezone in scoadmin but the date command in a root shell still gives the wrong time. E...

Upgrading 5.0.5 to 5.0.6/5.0.7
Hi, I've inheirited 3 SCO Servers and need to upgrade one to 5.0.6 from 5.0.5. The other two are at 5.0.6 and I want them all in line. Some questions: 1. Does SCO charge for this upgrade? If so, how much? 2. How easy is the upgrade? 3. Should I go to 5.0.7 instead for all the machines? Thanks, Jon Jon Wynacht typed (on Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 09:16:17AM -0700): | Hi, | | I've inheirited 3 SCO Servers and need to upgrade one to 5.0.6 from | 5.0.5. The other two are at 5.0.6 and I want them all in line. Some | questions: | | 1. Does SCO charge for this upgrade? If so, how much? >From 5.0.5 Enterprise to 5.0.7 Enterprise, $599. >From 5.0.6 Enterprise to 5.0.7 Enterprise, $369. | 2. How easy is the upgrade? Not hard; be sure to use ftp.jpr.com/pub/savefiles. | 3. Should I go to 5.0.7 instead for all the machines? Yes, and when you order the upgrades, also add in SCO Update, which will eventually bring you all the changes that bring you the Legend release. -- JP Jon Wynacht wrote: > Hi, > > I've inheirited 3 SCO Servers and need to upgrade one to 5.0.6 from > 5.0.5. The other two are at 5.0.6 and I want them all in line. Some > questions: > > 1. Does SCO charge for this upgrade? If so, how much? Of course. See http://aplawrence.com/scoprices.html > 2. How easy is the upgrade? Usually painless, but see http://aplawrence.com/Unixart/upgrades.html > 3. Should I go to 5.0.7 instead for all the machines? Yes, no questi...

Sco OpenServer upgrading 5.0.6 to 5.0.7
I need some help. I need to upgrade my Sco O.S.506 to 507 and told me that I need to reinstall all the operative system and not the upgrading of it. Is it true ? Thanks in advance and excuse me if before someone alredy answered this query but I do not find anything about this matter bye Roberto Pineapple typed (on Wed, Apr 07, 2004 at 01:39:46PM +0200): | I need some help. | I need to upgrade my Sco O.S.506 to 507 and told me that I need to reinstall | all the operative system and not the upgrading of it. | Is it true ? No. | Thanks in advance and excuse me if before someone alredy answered this query | but I do not find anything about this matter While In-Place Upgrades do now work considerably better than they did a few years ago, I *still* counsel against them. Use my savefiles script, make good backups, and then a fresh install. -- JP "Pineapple" <roberquaNO@SPAMvirgilio.it> wrote in message news:<c50pa5$vri$1@newsreader.mailgate.org>... > I need some help. > I need to upgrade my Sco O.S.506 to 507 and told me that I need to reinstall > all the operative system and not the upgrading of it. > Is it true ? > Thanks in advance and excuse me if before someone alredy answered this query > but I do not find anything about this matter > > bye > Roberto I had same problem, and I was unable to upgrade . Only fresh reinstall was Ok. Pineapple <roberquaNO@spamvirgilio.it> wrote: >I need some help. >I need to...

Upgrade OSR 5.0.5 to 5.0.6 or 5.0.7
Hi all, I've two olds servers DELL Poweredge 2300 with Raid PERC, funtionning with OSR 5.0.5. Iwant upgrade the OS to 5.0.6 or 5.0.7 but it seems (sco.com) that the poweredge 2300 is bnot supported after OSR 5.0.5 (Hardware comptatibility). has somebody attempt this with success and which drivers (Raid PERC, Adaptec) are used. Thank you in advance fir the help. ----------------------------------------------------- Andre Georgel Email : andre.georgel@noos.fr "La perfection n'est pas lorsqu'il n'y a plus rien � ajouter, mais lorsque qu'il n'y a plus rien � enl...

SCO OpenServe 6.0.0 Filesystem MUCH Faster Than 5.0.6
The speed of the SCO OpenServer 6.0.0 filesystem is quite noticeably faster than I enjoyed on OpenServer 5.0.6. How do I know? I donno, but it feels and seems so. I didn't expect this, so I didn't make these tests while still on 5.0.6, but I KNOW I have a lot more files and directories on 6.0.0 than I did on 5.0.6. The Verify of my Last Master Backup shows what is on my systen: 255191 files were encountered 167 files were excluded 9 files were not checked because the hard disk file had been modified by a program since it was backed up 2 files were not checked for various reasons 28870 special files (links, directories, devices, etc.) 226143 files verified successfully Master Backups using LONE-TAR(tm) to DVD+RW media ran at about 70-75 MB/min on OSR 5.0.6 but run at 175+ MB/min on 6.0.0, and if I turn off compression run at 260+ MB/min. To see how long it takes to search for a non-existant file: [trebor] ~: time find . -name XPMNYTRE real 0m58.59s user 0m1.72s sys 0m10.96s And to see how many directories had to be read: [trebor] ~: find . -type d | wc -l 23745 Bob -- Bob Stockler +-+ bob@trebor.iglou.com +-+ http://members.iglou.com/trebor Author: MENU EDIT II - The BEST Creator/Editor/Manager for filePro User Menus. Fully functional (time-limited) demos available by email request (specify OS). On Fri, Nov 25, 2005 at 11:01:36AM -0500, Bob Stockler wrote: > The speed of the SCO ...

SCO Open Server 5.0.6 versus 5.0.4
Hi, Anybody can point me to info or can state if there is a performance improvement from running 5.0.6 versus 5.0.4. Application is database access centered. Regards, Marian news wrote: > Hi, > Anybody can point me to info or can state if there is a performance > improvement from running 5.0.6 versus 5.0.4. Application is database access > centered. I don't think you are going to get a useful answer. Let's assume that I could authoritatively say that 5.0.6 has performance related improvements over .4 in certain areas. I can't recall if it does or doesn't, but the release notes would surely mention any. But so what? What does that say about YOUR application? Do we know where its performance issuees are now? Nope. We could assume it's probably disk bound, because that's a pretty safe assumption most any time, but even if true, what have you done for better or worse in that regard already? Maybe this is an Oracle database and you have it running on a RAID 5 system. As that's usually going to be a bad idea, you could gain nothing even if 5.0.6 did otherwise provide features that would otherwise improve your lot. Maybe you have the whole thing improperly tuned. Maybe you have it so perfectly tuned that an upgrade would make it worse because everything is so critically balanced to what you have now.. There are plenty of good reasons to upgrade to 5.0.6/7. If that's what you are lookimg for (a reason to sell the idea to ...

SYbase SQL & SCO OpenServer 5.0.4/5.0.5
Can somone help me with wich SQL versions runs on SCO OSR5.0.4 and SCO OSR 5.0.5? So your the customer SCO still has :-) Sorry.. Couldn't resist ! ASE 10.0.2 was certified on SCO OSR5.0.2 with OS patches SLS 422a, SLS 437a. It wasn't certified on anything higher. ASE 11.0.x was certified on 5.0.4, but nothing higher. Sybase doesn't support 10.x or 11.x any more ...

Trying to compile putty-0.60 on SCO UNIX 5.0.7 with GCC and SCO Dev
I am trying to compile putty downloaded from http://linux.softpedia.com/progDownload/PuTTY-Download-347.html but get the error below. gcc -g -O2 -Wall -Werror -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DHAVE_X11 -DHAVE_X -DSYSV -Di386 -DS CO325 -D__SCO__ -DHAVE_XAW -DHAVE_SHAPE_EXT -DHAVE_SHAPE -DHAVE_SHM_EXT -DHAVE_X SHM -DHAVE_XCONVERTCASE -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr /include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/gl ib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/X11R6/include -I.././ -I../charset/ -I../windows/ -I../unix/ -I../mac/ -I../macosx/ -c ../ proxy.c cc1: warnings being treated as errors .../proxy.c: In function `proxy_for_destination': .../proxy.c:315: warning: implicit declaration of function `strncasecmp' gmake: *** [proxy.o] Error 1 # My programming skill level tops out at ./configure and make. Searching for instances of strncasecmp in the putty working directory shows: /tmp/putty-0.60/unix # cd .. # find . -type f -print | xargs grep strncasecmp | less ../mac/stricmp.c:#define strncasecmp strnicmp ../mac/stricmp.c:strncasecmp(s1, s2, n) ../unix/unix.h:#define strnicmp strncasecmp (END) In unix/unix.h: #define DEFAULT_CODEPAGE 0xFFFF #define CP_UTF8 CS_UTF8 /* from libcharset */ #define strnicmp strncasecmp #define stricmp strcasecmp /* BSD-semantics version of signal(), and another helpful function */ void (*putty_signal(int sig, void (*func)(int)))(int); void block_si...

5.0 vs 5.5 vs 6.1
Hi I m starting a new project. Probably whith Sql-Anywhere 9 and Clarion. As i prefer Legacy and have other applications running under 5.0, i fancy dooing the job in 5.0. Is there something better in 5.5 or 6.1 (i heard has a lot of Bugs). Is there something that does nor work with Legacy? Glad for every hint and advise. Thanks Mc Key ...

SCO OpenServer 5.0.4/5.0.5 New Daylight Savings dates
Has anyone yet come up with a solution on changing older SCO OpenServer 5.0.4 / 5.0.5 / 5.0.6 systems to accommodate the new daylight savings dates starting this year?? I have looked around at SCO's site and they have an update to install on 5.0.7 systems that also indicate you should install new libc, etc Anyone know how to fix this on older SCO OpenServer releases?? Thanks for any help Scott Ullmann Telespectrum sullmann@telespectrum.com scooter typed (on Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 12:37:58PM -0800): | Has anyone yet come up with a solution on changing older SCO OpenServer | 5.0.4 / 5.0.5 / 5.0.6 systems to accommodate the new daylight savings | dates starting this year?? | | I have looked around at SCO's site and they have an update to install | on 5.0.7 systems that also indicate you should install new libc, etc | | Anyone know how to fix this on older SCO OpenServer releases?? I'm in the EST timezone, and so I would edit /etc/TIMEZONE from: TZ=EST5EDT to: TZ=EST5EDT,M3,2,0/2,M11,1,0/2 -- JP ==> http://www.frappr.com/cusm <== On Jan 22, 4:24 pm, Jean-Pierre Radley <j...@jpr.com> wrote: > scooter typed (on Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 12:37:58PM -0800): > | Has anyone yet come up with a solution on changing older SCO OpenServer > | 5.0.4 / 5.0.5 / 5.0.6 systems to accommodate the new daylight savings > | dates starting this year?? > | > | I have looked around at SCO's site and they have an update to install > | on 5.0.7 ...

AIX 5.1 / VAC 6.0 vs AIX 5.2 / patched VAC 6.0
Hi everybody, I am trying to build some C++ application on the following environment: AIX 5.2 / patched Visual Age C++ 6.0. This application is based on libraries built for the AIX 5.1 / Visual Age C++ 6.0 (base, ie no patch) platform. Compilation works fine. However link results in unresolved symbols (defined in the above libraries). According to IBM support: - AIX 5.1 / Visual Age C++ 6.0 is a supported platform - AIX 5.2 / Visual Age C++ 6.0 with lattest patch is a supported platform - AIX 5.2 / Visual Age C++ 6.00 base version (ie without any patch) isn't a supported platform (!...

Java 1.5 on SCO 5.0.6
Hi, I am trying to get some java programs running on my SCO systems - but they are written for java 1.5 and I can't find any files higher than java 1.3 for 5.0.6. I have tried installing the java 1.5 VOL files for OSR6, and they install through custom alright, but I am getting an error when I try to run 'java' # java -version dynamic linker : java : could not open /usr/lib/libthread.so.1 Killed Can anyone help either get the OSR6 version working on 5.0.6 or does anyone know if there is a version for 5.0.6 Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks, Keith On 13 Jul, 16:17, crym...@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > I am trying to get some java programs running on my SCO systems - but > they are written for java 1.5 and I can't find any files higher than > java 1.3 for 5.0.6. > > I have tried installing the java 1.5 VOL files for OSR6, and they > install through custom alright, but I am getting an error when I try > to run 'java' > > # java -version > dynamic linker : java : could not open /usr/lib/libthread.so.1 > Killed > > Can anyone help either get the OSR6 version working on 5.0.6 or does > anyone know if there is a version for 5.0.6 > > Any help would be much appreciated. > > Thanks, > > Keith Keith, Unfortunately Java 1.5 is not supported and will not run on OpenServer 5.0.6. If you want to run Java 1.5 programs you will need to upgrade to OpenServer 6.0.0. John On 17 Jul, 08:...

Access a SCO 3.0 drive from 5.0.6?
I have an old machine with SCO 3.0 and no networking. I need the data off the IDE drive. I put this drive in a 5.0.6 box that I have and ran mkdev hd, but it would never show the partitions on the drive (I have since put the drive back in the old box and it boots fine.). When the old server boots, it does show /usr mounting as S51K Any ideas on how to get this to work? Do I need to mkdev hd first or can I just access the filesystem directly somehow? I'm lost. Thanks! jf jfranks1970@gmail.com wrote: > I have an old machine with SCO 3.0 and no networking. I need the data > off the IDE drive. I put this drive in a 5.0.6 box that I have and > ran mkdev hd, but it would never show the partitions on the drive (I > have since put the drive back in the old box and it boots fine.). > > When the old server boots, it does show /usr mounting as S51K > > Any ideas on how to get this to work? Do I need to mkdev hd first or > can I just access the filesystem directly somehow? > > I'm lost. > > Thanks! > > jf Does the antique drive have *ANY* networking on its OS? Can you transfer the data over the network, via rcp or tar over an rlogin or somehting? On Fri, Feb 29, 2008, jfranks1970@gmail.com wrote: >I have an old machine with SCO 3.0 and no networking. I need the data >off the IDE drive. I put this drive in a 5.0.6 box that I have and >ran mkdev hd, but it would never show the partitions on the drive (I >...

SCO Unix 5.0.6, errors
Hi, I am getting the error(s); HTFS: Inode 11915 on HTFS dev hd (1/43) has bad type 000000000000 HTFS: I/O failure occured accessing logical block 477364230 on HTFS dev hd (1/43) and then the system shuts down. Is there any way to fix these? We have done the command 'unix auto' at the Boot: prompt and it goes through its file system checks and appears to correct some problems. We have had some corruption on the database but were able to fix the problems. Our next plan of action is to clone the drive, but if anyone has any other suggestions for a way to fix this issue I would appreciate it. Lori Calkins It would help if you'd provided disk information, such as how many partitions. I'm guessing from what you provided that the problem is on the root partition. By default 5.0.6 doesn't check the root file system on an auto boot. What you're seeing is the file system checks on the rest of the partitions. When you get the Boot: prompt just press enter. Eventually you'll be prompted for the root password to enter maintenance mode. Do that. Then type fsck / Ray Robert Three Star Software Lori wrote: > Hi, > I am getting the error(s); > > HTFS: Inode 11915 on HTFS dev hd (1/43) has bad type 000000000000 > HTFS: I/O failure occured accessing logical block 477364230 on HTFS dev > hd (1/43) > > and then the system shuts down. > > Is there any way to fix these? We have done the command 'unix auto' at >...

FAXing from SCO Unix 5.0.6
I'm supporting a SCO Unix 5.0.6 machine. I don't want to spend $1700 on a "fax server solution". Instead, I'm looking for a fax modem for which there are drivers for SCO or generic enough for Unix in general. I also need "fax software" to enable the whole endeavor. All I'm attempting is what is done quite readily in Windows: print to a psuedo-driver which, in turn, invokes the fax s/w that solicits the phone number to fax to and any other required info. I don't need all kinds of fancy options like choices for cover pages, etc. The application used by my client is strictly text-based - no GUI. Any advice for public-domain - or inexpensive - software to accomplish this is much appreciated. Regards, David On Fri, Apr 18, 2008, David wrote: >I'm supporting a SCO Unix 5.0.6 machine. I don't want to spend $1700 on >a "fax server solution". Instead, I'm looking for a fax modem for which >there are drivers for SCO or generic enough for Unix in general. I also >need "fax software" to enable the whole endeavor. > >All I'm attempting is what is done quite readily in Windows: print to a >psuedo-driver which, in turn, invokes the fax s/w that solicits the >phone number to fax to and any other required info. I don't need all >kinds of fancy options like choices for cover pages, etc. The >application used by my client is strictly text-based - no GUI. &g...

samba-3.0.14Aa-VOLS.cpio on SCO 5.0.6
Will this run on this version of SCO? Where can I find documentation to install it? Brent Bolin wrote: > Will this run on this version of SCO? I guess you mean the one at ftp://ftp2.sco.com/pub/skunkware/osr5/vols/samba-3.0.14Aa-VOLS.cpio On Oct 31, 2007, Bob Troester wrote: I have been using samba 3.0.14Aa on SCO Open Server 5.0.6.a with gwxlibs 2.1.0Ba successfully for several months > Where can I find documentation to install it? What do you mean? VOL files are usually easy to install aren't they? I'd extract the VOL files from cpio archive and use custom to install them. (actually I prefer to use `scoadmin software` but YMMV). man cpio man custom Then I'd read whatever man pages are in the VOLs and/or the samba 3.0 web-site docs. Presumably all the above is known to you and I have missed your real question. If so, sorry. -- RGB On Dec 9, 9:19=A0am, RedGrittyBrick <RedGrittyBr...@spamweary.invalid> wrote: > Brent Bolin wrote: > > Will this run on this version of SCO? > > I guess you mean the one atftp://ftp2.sco.com/pub/skunkware/osr5/vols/sam= ba-3.0.14Aa-VOLS.cpio > > On Oct 31, 2007, Bob Troester wrote: > =A0 =A0 =A0I have been using samba 3.0.14Aa on SCO Open Server 5.0.6.a wi= th > =A0 =A0 =A0gwxlibs 2.1.0Ba successfully for several months > > > Where can I find documentation to install it? > > What do you mean? VOL files are usually easy to install aren't they? >...

if time = 3 seconds, how do i set the values of the time steps 0,0.1,0.2,0.3,0.5,1.0,1.5,2.0,3.0,5.0 to -9999 from time =3 seconds
Hi &nbsp; I have 18 inputs (arrays) which contain certain statistics and if time&nbsp;&nbsp;= 3 seconds, set the values of time step 5.0 to -9999.0. &nbsp; I was wondering if there is an efficient way to do this without using a lot of case statements? &nbsp; Thank you. Hello AdrianT, it's not really clear to me what you want to do... I suspect: you have an array containing values and you want to output them with a fixed timing of 3 seconds: you should use a for loop autoindexing trough your array and sending the value to your indicator/output/whatever. Put a "wait for next multiple" into your for loop. Or do you want to have a minimum time delay of 3 seconds? Again use a for loop, get the time value and use a InRange&amp;Coerce with minimum set to 3 seconds... Or you should explain more precisely what you need... Hi Thanks for that. Let me explain. &nbsp; The time may vary. Let me give an example. if time&nbsp; = 2.1, I want to set the time step's &nbsp;3.0 and 5.0's values to -9999.0. if the time =0.1 seconds then I want to set 0.2,0.3, 0.5 etc values to -9999.0 etc .................................................................... &nbsp; Can you please help? Thank you. Hello TUDS, do you use different accounts/nicknames ? Well, that's easy, at least for a sorted array: Search for your time-value in the array (Threshold 1D array). Fill all elements from that index till the end with your "error...

openssh for sco 5.0.5
Does anybody know the steps for the installation of openssh on OSR 505 ? Is there a special file or paremeter I have to use to install it or does ftp.sco.com has a ssh ? Thanks E.A. "Corrlens" <ask@me.later> wrote in message news:26SJd.6161$8Z1.3177@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com... > Does anybody know the steps for the installation of openssh on OSR 505 ? > Is there a special file or paremeter I have to use to install it or does > ftp.sco.com has a ssh ? > > Thanks > > E.A. > > I forgot to mention that my goal is to have sftp working, be able to transfer files to a secure ftp server on a remote location. Corrlens typed (on Wed, Jan 26, 2005 at 07:22:38PM +0000): | Does anybody know the steps for the installation of openssh on OSR 505 ? Is | there a special file or paremeter I have to use to install it or does | ftp.sco.com has a ssh ? | ftp.jpr.com/pub/openssh4osr5.tgz or ftp.jpr.com/pub/openssh4osr5.tar.bz2 -- JP "Jean-Pierre Radley" <jpr@jpr.com> wrote in message news:20050126211328.GG11013@jpradley.jpr.com... > Corrlens typed (on Wed, Jan 26, 2005 at 07:22:38PM +0000): > | Does anybody know the steps for the installation of openssh on OSR 505 > ? Is > | there a special file or paremeter I have to use to install it or does > | ftp.sco.com has a ssh ? > | > > ftp.jpr.com/pub/openssh4osr5.tgz > or > ftp.jpr.com/pub/openssh4osr5.tar.bz2 > > > -- > JP...

SCO unix 5.0.6 web services setup
I need to install the "web services" deal on my unix box so that when a customer sends me requests with SOAP or XML my system accepts the call on the specific port. Is there a process to do that ? I'm currently running netscape fastract as a web server, I heard I need apache + axis , Are there other options to setup the web services ? thanks Where can I get this new Web Service from SCO ? Is it under their ftp site or I have to pay for it ? http://www.crn.com/sections/breakingnews/dailyarchives.jhtml;jsessionid=ERBHJ1BYLZ3IUQSNDBGCKH0CJUMEKJVN?articleId=18824984&_requestid=1614593 In spite of the legal circus engulfing The SCO Group--and lingering concerns about the Unix company's future--top executives took the opportunity at the company's annual partner conference in Las Vegas to outline SCO's new Internet and Web services offerings and assert its intent to stay in business. At SCO Forum 2003, SCO announced the delivery of key component of its SCOx Web services initiative--SCOx WebFace Solution Suite 4.0--as well as the SCOsms Web Services API and SCObiz Web Services APIs. The company's SCOx direction and Web services API plans were unveiled last April. The enhanced suite and new APIs, designed to enable partners and customers to migrate legacy Unix applications to a services-oriented architecture, consists of the WebFace Browser Application Platform and WebFace Studio development platform. SCO's Web servic...

[ace-users] ACE+TAO+CIAO
Hi all, We are pleased to announce the latest ACE+TAO+CIAO beta. This beta has been tagged ACE+TAO+CIAO-5_5_6. The main difference between this release and x.5.5 is that the ACE exception macros (except for ACE_THROW_RETURN and ACE_THROW_SPEC) have been removed from all TAO and CIAO code. It is available from the same download location as per the previous release. http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/ The doxygen documentation for the beta is also available. Included with this beta, besides the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles, we also provide source only packages for the group of users which use MPC to generate their own makefiles. We encourage you to download the new beta, use it with your applications, and let us know if you encounter any problems. Please use the: $ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $CIAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM so that we have the proper version/platform/compiler/options you're using to report problems. We also request that you take a look at: $TAO_ROOT/docs/releasenotes/ for the status of various ongoing projects at the DOC groups of WashU, UCI, and Vanderbilt to move ACE+TAO+CIAO forward. Overviews of our recent progress and upcoming plans are available at: $ACE_ROOT/NEWS $TAO_ROOT/NEWS $CIAO_ROOT/NEWS The overall success rates for the test results gathered from all our daily builds is 96% for the ACE tests and 92% for the TAO tests. Please see: http://ww...

SATA on 5.0.6 or 5.0.7?
Anyone running SCO 5.0.6 or 5.0.7 on servers with SATA drives? I'd like to hear from anyone with SATA based servers and if they met their exceptions for performance and reliability. In the past, I have always used SCSI drives for the performance and customary 5 year warrantee. Now SATA drives are available with 5 year warrantee and manufactures claim the drives are equivalent to SCSI performance at 40% less cost. I have checked my distributors and all the SATA drives I can find are 7200 RPM with the exception of the 36G WD360GD 10k RPM SATA drive. I have a request from a client running SCO 3.2v4.2 on 66 MHz 486 with 4G disk to upgrade to current hardware and OS. SCSI is overkill for this client and the 36G WD looks like a good choice. I'll eliminate all SCSI by using Backup Edge writing to a ATAPI DVD-RAM and upgrade the client to 5.0.6 or 5.0.7 (SCO's web site suggests it has upgrades to Enterprise 6.0 from Xenix/UNIX but there is no part number listed and inquiries come up: Not Available). -- Steve Fabac S.M. Fabac & Associates 816/765-1670 I have switched over most of my small server installs over to SATA raid using the intel SRCS16 raid controller and the 10K 36 gig raptor drives. So far other then one of the cables breaking off the connector during shipping, I have not had any probelms. On the smaller system running aro...

Printing issues with SCO UNIX v6.0.0 vs v5.0.7 and prior
>I have a custom database application, written in CADOL, that previously worked FLAWLESSLY on versions of SCO, prior to v6.0.0 . It doesn't matter if I print directly to the HW port or via the spooler, the job either never finishes or doesn't print at all. Jobs via the spooler, are actually worse than direct to port. I have included the ENV variables we use and also more info below. The ENV variables that are set up in the > .profile. > > DEV1=/usr/propac/printfile; export DEV1 > DEV2=/dev/tty1a; export DEV2 > PRINTER1=C0L0hplaser; export PRINTER1 > PRINTER2=C0L0STD1096; export PRINTER2 > hplaser=SPOOL; export hplaser > STD1096=022; export STD1096 > STD1096_I=0002000; export STD1096_I > STD1096_O=; export STD1096_O > STD1096_C=004075; export STD1096_C > STD1096_L=; export STD1096_L > > These above statements set up 2 printers in our application. The > first is a networked Laser printer and the 2nd is a serial printer > hooked up to port tty1a, running 9600 baud with xon/xoff protocol. > In the application(character based), the user selects printer #1 or > #2 and off to the printer the job goes. Also, the hplaser printer is > defined and configured in the spooler using the scoadmin printers >...

Web resources about - SCO 5.0.5 vs. 6.0 - comp.unix.sco.misc

SCOE - Sacramento County Office of Education
The Sacramento County Office of Education (SCOE), one of 58 California county offices of education, provides technical assistance, curriculum ...

Official Website of SCO Summit2012
Xinhua,news and documents from SCO summit,China,Russia,RCTS,politics,business,culture,headlines.

Welcome to SCO Website....
Welcome to SCO Website....

SCO OpenServer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
6.0.0 MP4 / February 6, 2009 ; 5 years ago ( 2009-02-06 ) SCO UNIX was the successor to SCO variant of Microsoft Xenix , derived from UNIX System ...

Search Twitter - SCO
... Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Search Refresh SkyFall Carroll @ SkyFallCarroll 47s SCOTLAND ...

SCO official defends Linux sales after suit was filed
The SCO Group's product management director, Erik Hughes, says the company continued to sell its Linux products for over two months after suing ...

Linux users dare SCO to sue them
Over 2500 Linux users have signed an online petition calling on the SCO Group to sue them over allegations made by the company that its intellectual ...

President Xi to attend 14th SCO leaders meeting
Chinese President Xi Jinping has arrived in Tajikistan’s capital Dushanbe to attend the 14th meeting of the leaders of the Shanghai Cooperation ...

SCO Beijing summit concludes
... is being held at a time when the organization is entering its next decade of existence. BEIJING - The Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) ...

SCO forum kicks off with high expectations
People's Daily Online SCO forum kicks off with high expectations People's Daily Online ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31. Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, ...