SCO OpenServer 5.0.4/5.0.5 New Daylight Savings dates - Energy Policy Act of 2005

Has anyone yet come up with a solution on changing older SCO OpenServer
5.0.4 / 5.0.5 / 5.0.6 systems to accommodate the new daylight savings
dates starting this year??

I have looked around at SCO's site and they have an update to install
on 5.0.7 systems that also indicate you should install new libc, etc

Anyone know how to fix this on older SCO OpenServer releases??

Thanks for any help

Scott Ullmann
Telespectrum
sullmann@telespectrum.com

0
sullmann (43)

scooter typed (on Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 12:37:58PM -0800):
| Has anyone yet come up with a solution on changing older SCO OpenServer
| 5.0.4 / 5.0.5 / 5.0.6 systems to accommodate the new daylight savings
| dates starting this year??
|
| I have looked around at SCO's site and they have an update to install
| on 5.0.7 systems that also indicate you should install new libc, etc
|
| Anyone know how to fix this on older SCO OpenServer releases??

I'm in the EST timezone, and so I would edit /etc/TIMEZONE

	from:	TZ=EST5EDT
	to:	TZ=EST5EDT,M3,2,0/2,M11,1,0/2

--
JP
	==> http://www.frappr.com/cusm <==

On Jan 22, 4:24 pm, Jean-Pierre Radley <j...@jpr.com> wrote:
> scooter typed (on Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 12:37:58PM -0800):
> | Has anyone yet come up with a solution on changing older SCO OpenServer
> | 5.0.4 / 5.0.5 / 5.0.6 systems to accommodate the new daylight savings
> | dates starting this year??
> |
> | I have looked around at SCO's site and they have an update to install
> | on 5.0.7 systems that also indicate you should install new libc, etc
> |
> | Anyone know how to fix this on older SCO OpenServer releases??
>
> I'm in the EST timezone, and so I would edit /etc/TIMEZONE
>
>         from:   TZ=EST5EDT
>         to:     TZ=EST5EDT,M3,2,0/2,M11,1,0/2
>
> --
> JP
>         ==>http://www.frappr.com/cusm<==

thanks a bunch JP -- I'm in Eastern time zone as well
I appreciate it

Scott

0
sullmann (43)
1/22/2007 10:24:53 PM
scooter wrote:

> On Jan 22, 4:24 pm, Jean-Pierre Radley <j...@jpr.com> wrote:
>> scooter typed (on Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 12:37:58PM -0800):
>> | Has anyone yet come up with a solution on changing older SCO OpenServer
>> | 5.0.4 / 5.0.5 / 5.0.6 systems to accommodate the new daylight savings
>> | dates starting this year??
>> |
>> | I have looked around at SCO's site and they have an update to install
>> | on 5.0.7 systems that also indicate you should install new libc, etc
>> |
>> | Anyone know how to fix this on older SCO OpenServer releases??
>>
>> I'm in the EST timezone, and so I would edit /etc/TIMEZONE
>>
>>         from:   TZ=EST5EDT
>>         to:     TZ=EST5EDT,M3,2,0/2,M11,1,0/2
>>
>> --
>> JP
>>         ==>http://www.frappr.com/cusm<==
>
> thanks a bunch JP -- I'm in Eastern time zone as well
> I appreciate it
>
> Scott

I just tested this on an old 5.0.0 system by setting /etc/TIMEZONE
to TZ='CST6CDT5,M1.4.1/2:00:00,M11.1.0/2:00:00' at 1:00 on 1/22
To set January 22 as the conversion date. What happened: At 2:01
CST the DATE command returned Mon Jan 22 03:02:45 CDT 2007.

The RTC was also updated by the root cron entry:

1 3 * * * /etc/setclk -rd1800 > /dev/null 2>& that runs at 3:01am and
says "if the offset is larger that 1800 seconds, reset the RTC"

So on 5.0.0, the above /etc/TIMEZONE setting effected a change from
CST to CDT and updated the RTC for the change.  Other people have reported
that the TIMEZONE string works on 5.0.2 and 5.0.4 as well.
0
smfabac (422)
1/22/2007 10:54:40 PM
You should plan on a reboot sometime before March to make sure that
"init" and all other processes are aware of the changed time zone
information.  For example, Bourne shell users get the boot-time TZ
string by default.

Ray Robert
Three Star Software

Steve M. Fabac, Jr. wrote:
> scooter wrote:
> >
> > On Jan 22, 4:24 pm, Jean-Pierre Radley <j...@jpr.com> wrote:
> >> scooter typed (on Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 12:37:58PM -0800):

> >> I'm in the EST timezone, and so I would edit /etc/TIMEZONE
> >>
> >>         from:   TZ=EST5EDT
> >>         to:     TZ=EST5EDT,M3,2,0/2,M11,1,0/2
> >>
> >> --
> >> JP
> >>         ==>http://www.frappr.com/cusm<==
> >
> > thanks a bunch JP -- I'm in Eastern time zone as well
> > I appreciate it
> >
> > Scott
> >
> I just tested this on an old 5.0.0 system by setting /etc/TIMEZONE
> to TZ='CST6CDT5,M1.4.1/2:00:00,M11.1.0/2:00:00' at 1:00 on 1/22
> To set January 22 as the conversion date. What happened: At 2:01
> CST the DATE command returned Mon Jan 22 03:02:45 CDT 2007.
>
> The RTC was also updated by the root cron entry:
>
> 1 3 * * * /etc/setclk -rd1800 > /dev/null 2>& that runs at 3:01am and
> says "if the offset is larger that 1800 seconds, reset the RTC"
>
> So on 5.0.0, the above /etc/TIMEZONE setting effected a change from
> CST to CDT and updated the RTC for the change.  Other people have reported
> that the TIMEZONE string works on 5.0.2 and 5.0.4 as well.

0
ThreeStar
1/23/2007 6:37:56 PM
Tom Parsons typed (on Tue, Jan 23, 2007 at 07:14:38PM -0600):
| On Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 04:24:51PM -0500, Jean-Pierre Radley enscribed:
| | scooter typed (on Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 12:37:58PM -0800):
| | | Has anyone yet come up with a solution on changing older SCO OpenServer
| | | 5.0.4 / 5.0.5 / 5.0.6 systems to accommodate the new daylight savings
| | | dates starting this year??
| | |
| | | I have looked around at SCO's site and they have an update to install
| | | on 5.0.7 systems that also indicate you should install new libc, etc
| | |
| | | Anyone know how to fix this on older SCO OpenServer releases??
| |
| | I'm in the EST timezone, and so I would edit /etc/TIMEZONE
| |
| | 	from:	TZ=EST5EDT
| | 	to:	TZ=EST5EDT,M3,2,0/2,M11,1,0/2
|
| That didn't work for me and it was so obvious it took me quite a
| while to figure it out.
|
| Didn't you mean
|
|     TZ=EST5EDT,M3.2.0/2,M11.1.0/2

Thank you, yes, punctuation does matter!

--
JP
	==> http://www.frappr.com/cusm <==

Web resources about - SCO OpenServer 5.0.4/5.0.5 New Daylight Savings dates - Energy Policy Act of 2005 - comp.unix.sco.misc

SCO OpenServer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
6.0.0 MP4 / February 6, 2009 ; 5 years ago ( 2009-02-06 ) SCO UNIX was the successor to SCO variant of Microsoft Xenix , derived from UNIX System ...

Open Directory - Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Unix: SCO
... Inc. - Develops, supports small/mid scale Unix server OSs and business system software for network computing; products, related services: OpenServer, ...

关于Unix系统崩溃问题解决方法讲解_Unix子站_IT专家网
由于Unix系统是多用户多进程的分时系统,尤其是 SCO Unix OpenServer 5.0.5以上版本面市的时间不太长,许多系统管理员面对这种情况也没有解决办法,只好重装系统,导致大量的资料数据丢失。 关于Unix系统崩溃问题解决方法讲解

Deluded SCO CEO on witness stand: “Linux is a copy of UNIX”
Darl McBride entered a courtroom to assert his rights regarding legacy System …

SCO fees may hit some Linux users
The struggling SCO Group, which holds the copyright to Unix, plans to charge some customers who have moved from its own products to Linux, according ...

SCO puts disputed code in the spotlight
Technology launches take second place at SCO's confab to a defense of the legal battles against Linux, as the company displays the lines of code ...

S - Computer dictionary and glossary
Computer dictionary abbreviations, definitions, glossary, and terms beginning with the letter S.

When SCO is dead and buried
The end of SCO is in sight. And, what does that mean for us and what lessons can we learn from its frantic, fruitless battles against Linux? ...

Hard Disk Failure and Hard Drive Failure Data Recovery
Hard disk drives experience lots of different types of failure. Ranging from electrical, mechanical, logical and firmware. We can retrieve your ...

Serial Cards - Digi International
Products Embedded Wireless and Wired Solutions Solutions on Module RF Modules Single-Board Computers Operator Interfaces Software Platforms Application ...