SCO Openserver 5.0.6 installation help

Hi,

Any body help me for installating the SCO OSR 5.0.6 server in IBM
X3400 with Serveraid 8k card.

While in the boot time i gave the
Boot:
link

atfter that i gave "aacraid" and insert the floppy at USB floppy
driver it start installing then it ask for BTLD floppy, after this
step i does not know how to install this. How can i get that BTLD
file.

Brds
Rajesh

Far as I know, you can't do USB anything with 506.  Need
507 or higher to access USB floppy.

Carl

0
Carl6360 (38)
4/12/2007 12:38:30 PM
On Apr 12, 5:38 pm, C...@eatontown.net wrote:
> Far as I know, you can't do USB anything with 506.  Need
> 507 or higher to access USB floppy.
>
> Carl

Dear Carl,

Thanks for your reply,

IBM x3400 server doesn't have the floppy drive comptability, is there
any other way. Pls tell me.

Brds
Rajesh

On 12 Apr, 15:30, enrajesh.ku...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Apr 12, 5:38 pm, C...@eatontown.net wrote:
>
> > Far as I know, you can't do USB anything with 506.  Need
> > 507 or higher to access USB floppy.
>
> > Carl
>
> Dear Carl,
>
> Thanks for your reply,
>
> IBM x3400 server doesn't have the floppy drive comptability, is there
> any other way. Pls tell me.

Upgrade to OpenServer 6 if you want to install on this system
or install on a system that does not have USB if you want to
continue to use OpenServer 5.0.6 (which is old and no
longer supported).

John

0
jboland1 (202)
4/13/2007 3:53:42 PM
> On 12 Apr, 15:30, enrajesh.ku...@gmail.com wrote:
> > On Apr 12, 5:38 pm, C...@eatontown.net wrote:
> >
> > > Far as I know, you can't do USB anything with 506.  Need
> > > 507 or higher to access USB floppy.
> >
> > > Carl
> >
> > Dear Carl,
> >
> > Thanks for your reply,
> >
> > IBM x3400 server doesn't have the floppy drive comptability, is there
> > any other way. Pls tell me.
>
> Upgrade to OpenServer 6 if you want to install on this system
> or install on a system that does not have USB if you want to
> continue to use OpenServer 5.0.6 (which is old and no
> longer supported).

To use a BTLD on a system with no floppy, you can:

1. copy the 2.88MB boot image off of the OSR5 install CD, mount it on
another OSR5 system (use `marry`),
2. copy the BTLD files onto it (put them in the same places on the
filesystem, i.e. /name-of-driver/...),
3. make a new CD with this enhanced boot image as its El Torito boot
image,
4. boot that CD, using "restart link=name-of-driver btld=fd(64)",
5. install normally,
6. when it gets to the point where it wants to load BTLD into link, it
will fail; tell it to continue anyway,
7. once install is complete, boot the CD again, using "hd(40)unix
root=hd(42) link=name-of-driver btld=fd(64)",
8. mount the CD,
9. run `btldinstall /mnt` to get the BTLD into the link kit.

Good luck...

>Bela<
0
filbo (325)
4/13/2007 5:46:08 PM
On Apr 13, 10:46 pm, Bela Lubkin <f...@armory.com> wrote:

> > > Dear Carl,
>
> > > Thanks for your reply,
>
> > > IBM x3400 server doesn't have the floppy drive comptability, is there
> > > any other way. Pls tell me.
>
> > Upgrade to OpenServer 6 if you want to install on this system
> > or install on a system that does not have USB if you want to
> > continue to use OpenServer 5.0.6 (which is old and no
> > longer supported).
>
> To use a BTLD on a system with no floppy, you can:
>
> 1. copy the 2.88MB boot image off of the OSR5 install CD, mount it on
> another OSR5 system (use `marry`),
> 2. copy the BTLD files onto it (put them in the same places on the
> filesystem, i.e. /name-of-driver/...),
> 3. make a new CD with this enhanced boot image as its El Torito boot
> image,
> 4. boot that CD, using "restart link=name-of-driver btld=fd(64)",
> 5. install normally,
> 6. when it gets to the point where it wants to load BTLD into link, it
> will fail; tell it to continue anyway,
> 7. once install is complete, boot the CD again, using "hd(40)unix
> root=hd(42) link=name-of-driver btld=fd(64)",
> 8. mount the CD,
> 9. run `btldinstall /mnt` to get the BTLD into the link kit.
>
> Good luck...
>

> >Bela<- Hide quoted text -

hi,

can u tell me the how to mount the cd?

thanks for you help.

rajesh

http://a7063780072dfd39d93b09be9780c1cc-t.sbvzql.info <a
href="http://a7063780072dfd39d93b09be9780c1cc-h.sbvzql.info">a7063780072dfd39d93b09be9780c1cc</a>
[url]http://a7063780072dfd39d93b09be9780c1cc-b1.sbvzql.info[/url]
[url=http://a7063780072dfd39d93b09be9780c1cc-b2.sbvzql.info]a7063780072dfd39d93b09be9780c1cc[/url]
[u]http://a7063780072dfd39d93b09be9780c1cc-b3.sbvzql.info[/u]
8a57659a969a4fb410b0eeec5551a53a

0
martez (1)

NFS SCo 5.0.5 with SCO 6.0.0
Hi everybody, I have a folder on SCO 5.0.5 server shared through NFS with a new SCO 6.0.0 with MP2 server (converted from a SCO 5.0.6 version). Before conversion file locks (over network) on this folder works well (eg from server SCO 5.0.6 I was able to see locks generated from SCO 5.0.5 box and viceversa), now with SCO 6.0.0 does not work ! I see that on SCO 6.0.0 the lockd daemon is active .. so it should work ... Please can you help me ? Thanks Cuffiette ...

Help with installing DAT drive on SCO Openserver 5.0.6
Hi there, I was wondering wjether someone could please assist me in installing a DAT drive. My setup is as follows:- Hardware : DELL Optiplex GX110 OS : SCO Openserver 5.0.6 Backup Device : HP SureStore DAT40 (External) SCSI card : Adaptec 2940UW I have bought the DAT drive and SCSI card, after I checked that they are compatible with my version of SCO OpenServer, so both should work. But, when I use the "mkdev tape" command, I run into an area that I know very little about. Could someone please guide me into what's the correct procedure for an installation. Many thanks Aaron8123 vinceranny@gmail.com wrote: > Hi there, > > I was wondering wjether someone could please assist me in installing a > DAT drive. > > My setup is as follows:- > > Hardware : DELL Optiplex GX110 > OS : SCO Openserver 5.0.6 > Backup Device : HP SureStore DAT40 (External) > SCSI card : Adaptec 2940UW > > I have bought the DAT drive and SCSI card, after I checked that they > are compatible with my version of SCO OpenServer, so both should work. > > But, when I use the "mkdev tape" command, I run into an area that I > know very little about. > > Could someone please guide me into what's the correct procedure for an > installation. Correct procedure? "mkdev tape", answer the questions. Now what question are you having trouble with? See http://aplawrence.com/Unixart/tapes.html http://aplawrence.com/...

SCO OpenServe 6.0.0 Filesystem MUCH Faster Than 5.0.6
The speed of the SCO OpenServer 6.0.0 filesystem is quite noticeably faster than I enjoyed on OpenServer 5.0.6. How do I know? I donno, but it feels and seems so. I didn't expect this, so I didn't make these tests while still on 5.0.6, but I KNOW I have a lot more files and directories on 6.0.0 than I did on 5.0.6. The Verify of my Last Master Backup shows what is on my systen: 255191 files were encountered 167 files were excluded 9 files were not checked because the hard disk file had been modified by a program since it was backed up 2 files were not checked for various reasons 28870 special files (links, directories, devices, etc.) 226143 files verified successfully Master Backups using LONE-TAR(tm) to DVD+RW media ran at about 70-75 MB/min on OSR 5.0.6 but run at 175+ MB/min on 6.0.0, and if I turn off compression run at 260+ MB/min. To see how long it takes to search for a non-existant file: [trebor] ~: time find . -name XPMNYTRE real 0m58.59s user 0m1.72s sys 0m10.96s And to see how many directories had to be read: [trebor] ~: find . -type d | wc -l 23745 Bob -- Bob Stockler +-+ bob@trebor.iglou.com +-+ http://members.iglou.com/trebor Author: MENU EDIT II - The BEST Creator/Editor/Manager for filePro User Menus. Fully functional (time-limited) demos available by email request (specify OS). On Fri, Nov 25, 2005 at 11:01:36AM -0500, Bob Stockler wrote: > The speed of the SCO ...

Sco OpenServer upgrading 5.0.6 to 5.0.7
I need some help. I need to upgrade my Sco O.S.506 to 507 and told me that I need to reinstall all the operative system and not the upgrading of it. Is it true ? Thanks in advance and excuse me if before someone alredy answered this query but I do not find anything about this matter bye Roberto Pineapple typed (on Wed, Apr 07, 2004 at 01:39:46PM +0200): | I need some help. | I need to upgrade my Sco O.S.506 to 507 and told me that I need to reinstall | all the operative system and not the upgrading of it. | Is it true ? No. | Thanks in advance and excuse me if before someone alredy answe...

Looking for precompiled 'rsync" for SCO 5.0.5, 5.0.6 and 5.0.7
I was recommended to use 'rsync' for multi-site transfers. But I have come to find that "rsync" does not exist already in OpenServer 5.0.5, 5.0.6 and 5.0.7. You can only get the "source" files which you "must" compile in order to create the "rsync." These seems to require that you compile these on every level of OpenServer you need. Where / how can I get the 'rsync' binaries already compiled for the levels I need? smlunatick typed (on Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 11:10:53AM -0700): | I was recommended to use 'rsync' for multi-site transfers. But I have | come to find that "rsync" does not exist already in OpenServer 5.0.5, | 5.0.6 and 5.0.7. You can only get the "source" files which you "must" | compile in order to create the "rsync." These seems to require that | you compile these on every level of OpenServer you need. | | Where / how can I get the 'rsync' binaries already compiled for the | levels I need? Get a binary for OSR 5.0.7, and with oss646c, it should run on 5.0.4, 5.0.5, and 5.0.6. Binary afavilable on Brian White's page at www.aljex.com/bkw. -- JP On Aug 18, 7:37=A0pm, Jean-Pierre Radley <j...@jpr.com> wrote: > smlunatick typed (on Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 11:10:53AM -0700): > | I was recommended to use 'rsync' for multi-site transfers. =A0But I hav= e > | come to find that "rsync" does not exist already in OpenSer...

Problem Installing SCO OpenServer 5.0.5
Hi, Am trying to install SCO OpenServer 5.0.5 on a PIII with a 20GB Maxtor HD. I manage to install fine (no errors showing) and get UNIX to see the entire drive but upon reboot (removing the floppy and CD-ROM as instructed), instead of teh boot: prompt, it says NO OS. What am I doing wrong? Thanks, Don Don wrote: > > Hi, > > Am trying to install SCO OpenServer 5.0.5 on a PIII with a 20GB Maxtor > HD. I manage to install fine (no errors showing) and get UNIX to see > the entire drive but upon reboot (removing the floppy and CD-ROM as > instructed), instead of teh boot: prompt, it says NO OS. > > What am I doing wrong? > > Thanks, > Don Put this into www.groups.google and view the post by Bella: stamp dparam group:comp.unix.sco.misc -- Steve Fabac S.M. Fabac & Associates 816/765-1670 ...

Trying to compile putty-0.60 on SCO UNIX 5.0.7 with GCC and SCO Dev
I am trying to compile putty downloaded from http://linux.softpedia.com/progDownload/PuTTY-Download-347.html but get the error below. gcc -g -O2 -Wall -Werror -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DHAVE_X11 -DHAVE_X -DSYSV -Di386 -DS CO325 -D__SCO__ -DHAVE_XAW -DHAVE_SHAPE_EXT -DHAVE_SHAPE -DHAVE_SHM_EXT -DHAVE_X SHM -DHAVE_XCONVERTCASE -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr /include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/gl ib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/X11R6/include -I.././ -I../charset/ -I../windows/ -I../unix/ -I../mac/ -I../macosx/ -c ../ proxy.c cc1: warnings being treated as errors .../proxy.c: In function `proxy_for_destination': .../proxy.c:315: warning: implicit declaration of function `strncasecmp' gmake: *** [proxy.o] Error 1 # My programming skill level tops out at ./configure and make. Searching for instances of strncasecmp in the putty working directory shows: /tmp/putty-0.60/unix # cd .. # find . -type f -print | xargs grep strncasecmp | less ../mac/stricmp.c:#define strncasecmp strnicmp ../mac/stricmp.c:strncasecmp(s1, s2, n) ../unix/unix.h:#define strnicmp strncasecmp (END) In unix/unix.h: #define DEFAULT_CODEPAGE 0xFFFF #define CP_UTF8 CS_UTF8 /* from libcharset */ #define strnicmp strncasecmp #define stricmp strcasecmp /* BSD-semantics version of signal(), and another helpful function */ void (*putty_signal(int sig, void (*func)(int)))(int); void block_si...

SCO 5.0.5 vs. 6.0
I'm having a new server built: SuperMicro P4SC8 Mother Board Intel P4 3.0Ghz 800 FSB 1GB CPU 73GB 10K 80 PIN SCSI Drive Sony 20/40GB DAT Drive SDT11000/BN DDS4 Adaptec 2010S Card for Mirroring Comtrol Rockport Card 99126-7 Is there any reason I should update my current version of SCO 5.0.5? Frank The following article is a recommendation from SCO when using P4 http://www.sco.com/ta/115963 "FrankS" <fshank@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:CqT_f.65026$H71.37215@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com... > I'm having a new server built: > > SuperMicro P4SC8 Mother Board > Intel P4 3.0Ghz 800 FSB 1GB CPU > 73GB 10K 80 PIN SCSI Drive > Sony 20/40GB DAT Drive SDT11000/BN DDS4 > > Adaptec 2010S Card for Mirroring > > Comtrol Rockport Card 99126-7 > > > > Is there any reason I should update my current version of SCO 5.0.5? > > > > Frank > > > > > > FrankS wrote: > I'm having a new server built: > > SuperMicro P4SC8 Mother Board > Intel P4 3.0Ghz 800 FSB 1GB CPU > 73GB 10K 80 PIN SCSI Drive > Sony 20/40GB DAT Drive SDT11000/BN DDS4 > > Adaptec 2010S Card for Mirroring > > Comtrol Rockport Card 99126-7 > > > > Is there any reason I should update my current version of SCO 5.0.5? Frank, OpenServer 5.0.5 is a retired product and is no longer generally supported by SCO. OpenServer 5.0.5 is not designed to work on P4 systems and y...

SYbase SQL & SCO OpenServer 5.0.4/5.0.5
Can somone help me with wich SQL versions runs on SCO OSR5.0.4 and SCO OSR 5.0.5? So your the customer SCO still has :-) Sorry.. Couldn't resist ! ASE 10.0.2 was certified on SCO OSR5.0.2 with OS patches SLS 422a, SLS 437a. It wasn't certified on anything higher. ASE 11.0.x was certified on 5.0.4, but nothing higher. Sybase doesn't support 10.x or 11.x any more ...

SCO 5.0.5/5.0.6 bios clock, time zone and synching
Hi All, Does SCO expect the BIOS clock to be set to UTC? Ive got a few SCO boxen spread across a couple of time zones and at the moment, the bios clocks in the servers are set to localtime not UTC. The timezone settings in SCO Admin are also wrong. I was under the impression *nix always expects the BIOS clock to be set to UTC and then the timezone settings in SCO tell the OS what the local time is. This does not seem to be the case for me. On a testing box, Ive set the BIOS clock to UTC, set the correct timezone in scoadmin but the date command in a root shell still gives the wrong time. E...

Got Subversion 1.4.6 working on SCO Openserver 5.0.6, woo-hoo!
So it's working. I'd like to get it into one of the repositories, such as http://www.aljex.com/bkw/sco/index.html or into what's left of Skunkware. Does anyone have working tools for building VOL packagas? Or can I send my notes along to one of you repository managers to compile and provide the package? ...

SCO Unix 5.0.6, errors
Hi, I am getting the error(s); HTFS: Inode 11915 on HTFS dev hd (1/43) has bad type 000000000000 HTFS: I/O failure occured accessing logical block 477364230 on HTFS dev hd (1/43) and then the system shuts down. Is there any way to fix these? We have done the command 'unix auto' at the Boot: prompt and it goes through its file system checks and appears to correct some problems. We have had some corruption on the database but were able to fix the problems. Our next plan of action is to clone the drive, but if anyone has any other suggestions for a way to fix this issue I would appreciate it. Lori Calkins It would help if you'd provided disk information, such as how many partitions. I'm guessing from what you provided that the problem is on the root partition. By default 5.0.6 doesn't check the root file system on an auto boot. What you're seeing is the file system checks on the rest of the partitions. When you get the Boot: prompt just press enter. Eventually you'll be prompted for the root password to enter maintenance mode. Do that. Then type fsck / Ray Robert Three Star Software Lori wrote: > Hi, > I am getting the error(s); > > HTFS: Inode 11915 on HTFS dev hd (1/43) has bad type 000000000000 > HTFS: I/O failure occured accessing logical block 477364230 on HTFS dev > hd (1/43) > > and then the system shuts down. > > Is there any way to fix these? We have done the command 'unix auto' at >...

FAXing from SCO Unix 5.0.6
I'm supporting a SCO Unix 5.0.6 machine. I don't want to spend $1700 on a "fax server solution". Instead, I'm looking for a fax modem for which there are drivers for SCO or generic enough for Unix in general. I also need "fax software" to enable the whole endeavor. All I'm attempting is what is done quite readily in Windows: print to a psuedo-driver which, in turn, invokes the fax s/w that solicits the phone number to fax to and any other required info. I don't need all kinds of fancy options like choices for cover pages, etc. The application used by my client is strictly text-based - no GUI. Any advice for public-domain - or inexpensive - software to accomplish this is much appreciated. Regards, David On Fri, Apr 18, 2008, David wrote: >I'm supporting a SCO Unix 5.0.6 machine. I don't want to spend $1700 on >a "fax server solution". Instead, I'm looking for a fax modem for which >there are drivers for SCO or generic enough for Unix in general. I also >need "fax software" to enable the whole endeavor. > >All I'm attempting is what is done quite readily in Windows: print to a >psuedo-driver which, in turn, invokes the fax s/w that solicits the >phone number to fax to and any other required info. I don't need all >kinds of fancy options like choices for cover pages, etc. The >application used by my client is strictly text-based - no GUI. &g...

SCO OpenServer 5.0.4/5.0.5 New Daylight Savings dates
Has anyone yet come up with a solution on changing older SCO OpenServer 5.0.4 / 5.0.5 / 5.0.6 systems to accommodate the new daylight savings dates starting this year?? I have looked around at SCO's site and they have an update to install on 5.0.7 systems that also indicate you should install new libc, etc Anyone know how to fix this on older SCO OpenServer releases?? Thanks for any help Scott Ullmann Telespectrum sullmann@telespectrum.com scooter typed (on Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 12:37:58PM -0800): | Has anyone yet come up with a solution on changing older SCO OpenServer | 5.0.4 / 5.0.5 / 5.0.6 systems to accommodate the new daylight savings | dates starting this year?? | | I have looked around at SCO's site and they have an update to install | on 5.0.7 systems that also indicate you should install new libc, etc | | Anyone know how to fix this on older SCO OpenServer releases?? I'm in the EST timezone, and so I would edit /etc/TIMEZONE from: TZ=EST5EDT to: TZ=EST5EDT,M3,2,0/2,M11,1,0/2 -- JP ==> http://www.frappr.com/cusm <== On Jan 22, 4:24 pm, Jean-Pierre Radley <j...@jpr.com> wrote: > scooter typed (on Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 12:37:58PM -0800): > | Has anyone yet come up with a solution on changing older SCO OpenServer > | 5.0.4 / 5.0.5 / 5.0.6 systems to accommodate the new daylight savings > | dates starting this year?? > | > | I have looked around at SCO's site and they have an update to install > | on 5.0.7 ...

SCO Open Server 5.0.6 versus 5.0.4
Hi, Anybody can point me to info or can state if there is a performance improvement from running 5.0.6 versus 5.0.4. Application is database access centered. Regards, Marian news wrote: > Hi, > Anybody can point me to info or can state if there is a performance > improvement from running 5.0.6 versus 5.0.4. Application is database access > centered. I don't think you are going to get a useful answer. Let's assume that I could authoritatively say that 5.0.6 has performance related improvements over .4 in certain areas. I can't recall if it does or doesn't, but the release notes would surely mention any. But so what? What does that say about YOUR application? Do we know where its performance issuees are now? Nope. We could assume it's probably disk bound, because that's a pretty safe assumption most any time, but even if true, what have you done for better or worse in that regard already? Maybe this is an Oracle database and you have it running on a RAID 5 system. As that's usually going to be a bad idea, you could gain nothing even if 5.0.6 did otherwise provide features that would otherwise improve your lot. Maybe you have the whole thing improperly tuned. Maybe you have it so perfectly tuned that an upgrade would make it worse because everything is so critically balanced to what you have now.. There are plenty of good reasons to upgrade to 5.0.6/7. If that's what you are lookimg for (a reason to sell the idea to ...

How to change your hostname in SCO OpenServer 5.0.6
So, it may seem obvious to the knowledgeable, but a little knowledge is a dangerous thing. And I'd like to write a note about the booby traps to warn others. * Select your new hostname. It can only have up to 8 characters, and should avoid punctuation, especially periodsy, and should be entirely lowercase to follow the published DNS standards. * Get your new hostname ready in your local DNS and, if necessary, / etc/hosts tables on other machines. * Back up a copy of /etc/hosts and /etc/default/tcp, so you can back out your changes if needed. * Announce downtime for the host: you're going to need a reboot to make sure everything's perfect. * Back up your machine and take any network services offline. * Kiss your X sessions on the machine goodbye. This includes remote X terminals and the "scologin" window at your normal login screen. * Go to a *non-X-displayed* shell prompt. This is because changing the host name in the middle of the X sessions can seriously screw up the X session. * Hit Ctrl-Alt-F1 from the console to get a pure text screen. * Log in as root, or su to be root. * Run the command "netconfig". Note that this non-X based session is considerably more powerful than the X based GUI!!! * Set the new hostname in netconfig. Make sure that the rest of your settings are correct as well. * Allow netconfig to rebuild your kernel and make the new kernel the default. (In my opinion, OpenServer is way, way, way too eager to rebuild kernels!) * ...

High availability on SCO Openserver 5.0.6 ?
Hi, I'm looking for solutions able to give an Informix database hosted on a SCO Openserver 5.0.6 a very high availability (using a double server, RAID and whatever needed). I found a software solution from a company (which name is 1776) by browsing Google answers and mailed them tonight to get more information, but I'm sure there is more than one company being on this market... Any clue of where I could get any others links or information about my concern ? Thanks by advance! Bd typed (on Thu, Dec 16, 2004 at 12:09:36AM +0100): | | I'm looking for solutions able to give an Informix database hosted on | a SCO Openserver 5.0.6 a very high availability (using a double | server, RAID and whatever needed). | | I found a software solution from a company (which name is 1776) by | browsing Google answers and mailed them tonight to get more | information, but I'm sure there is more than one company being on this | market... | | Any clue of where I could get any others links or information about my | concern ? http://www.savwareha.com/ -- JP Hello, Le 15 Dec 2004 18:21:01 -0500, Jean-Pierre Radley <jpr@jpr.com> �crivait: >| Any clue of where I could get any others links or information about my >| concern ? > >http://www.savwareha.com/ Thanks, JP. Sent you a private mail! Regards, ...

How to install LDAP server on SCO 5.0.6
I want to install LDAP ( http://www.gracion.com/server/whatldap.html ) on my sco box, Is there a installation guide for SCO ? Thanks E Arredondo wrote: > I want to install LDAP ( http://www.gracion.com/server/whatldap.html ) on my > sco box, Is there a installation guide for SCO ? > > Thanks > > Sure thing.. http://aplawrence.com/Unixart/ldap.html -- Tony Lawrence Unix/Linux/Mac OS X resources: http://aplawrence.com "Tony Lawrence" <foo@pcunix.com> wrote in message news:mIOdndGAeYyuWOrfRVn-vg@comcast.com... >E Arredondo wrote: >> I want to install LDAP ( http://www.gracion.com/server/whatldap.html ) on >> my sco box, Is there a installation guide for SCO ? >> >> Thanks >> >> > > Sure thing.. > > > http://aplawrence.com/Unixart/ldap.html > > > -- > Tony Lawrence > Unix/Linux/Mac OS X resources: http://aplawrence.com Thank you so much ! ...

SCO Openserver 5.0.6 and DAT Tape
I have install a SCSI DAT Tape. I have an error message : tape write error, I have try a tar cvfbke /dev/rct0 20 12000000 . I suppose it is not the tape : the same installation on two servers whith two different DAT gives the same error. Thanks for your answers and GOOD YEAR Eric eric.picabia@tiscali.fr (eric) wrote in message news:<f76c4885.0401010247.194dc8de@posting.google.com>... > I have install a SCSI DAT Tape. > I have an error message : tape write error, > I have try a tar cvfbke /dev/rct0 20 12000000 . > I suppose it is not the tape : the same installation o...

SCO OpenServer 5.0.7 : installation and partioning
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------070204020605090204060403 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit PRODUCT : SCO OpenServer 5.0.7 OBJECT : installation and partioning Hi, I try to install OpenServer 5.0.7 on Dell Server. It's ok when the root partition uses the whole disk, but when I try to create patitions like /opt, /home... the installation seems to be ok but the server stops on PANIC at reboot.. How should I process ? --------------070204020605090204060403 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Cont...

SCO unix 5.0.6 web services setup
I need to install the "web services" deal on my unix box so that when a customer sends me requests with SOAP or XML my system accepts the call on the specific port. Is there a process to do that ? I'm currently running netscape fastract as a web server, I heard I need apache + axis , Are there other options to setup the web services ? thanks Where can I get this new Web Service from SCO ? Is it under their ftp site or I have to pay for it ? http://www.crn.com/sections/breakingnews/dailyarchives.jhtml;jsessionid=ERBHJ1BYLZ3IUQSNDBGCKH0CJUMEKJVN?articleId=18824984&_requestid=1614593 In spite of the legal circus engulfing The SCO Group--and lingering concerns about the Unix company's future--top executives took the opportunity at the company's annual partner conference in Las Vegas to outline SCO's new Internet and Web services offerings and assert its intent to stay in business. At SCO Forum 2003, SCO announced the delivery of key component of its SCOx Web services initiative--SCOx WebFace Solution Suite 4.0--as well as the SCOsms Web Services API and SCObiz Web Services APIs. The company's SCOx direction and Web services API plans were unveiled last April. The enhanced suite and new APIs, designed to enable partners and customers to migrate legacy Unix applications to a services-oriented architecture, consists of the WebFace Browser Application Platform and WebFace Studio development platform. SCO's Web servic...

SCO Openserver 5.0.5 information
Hi guys, Before i start i have a confession to make. I have never used UNIX before! So this is something very tough and foreign to me. Q1: In my office there are a couple of computers running SCO Openserver 5.0.5 (and yes, it's very old). I would like to study is there any way to install 5.0.5 on a IBM based PC? Meaning those PCs which we assemble ourselves. Q2: I noticed SCO uses a host adapter and SCSI hard disk. Can i use the normal ATA IDE cable hard drive? Q3: If the first 2 questions' answer are yes, then where can i find the graphics and network card driver? or at least where can i check whether or not my graphics and network card are supported? Q4: Where can i find information on SCO Openserver 5.0.5? A million thanks. Ant_Magma wrote: > Q1: > In my office there are a couple of computers running SCO Openserver > 5.0.5 (and yes, it's very old). I would like to study is there any way > to install 5.0.5 on a IBM based PC? Meaning those PCs which we assemble > ourselves. OpenServer 5.0.5 will install on Intel and AMD 32 bit systems assuming the hardware is compatible and supported by the OS. You will need a license to do the install. > Q2: > I noticed SCO uses a host adapter and SCSI hard disk. Can i use the > normal ATA IDE cable hard drive? OpenServer 5.0.5 support for IDE drives is limited and you may have issues with large IDE drives and recognition of the fully capactiy of the drives. > Q3: > If the first 2 quest...

network printing to HP 3600n from SCO OpenServer 5.0.6
I have a client with an old SCO OpenServer 5.0.6 system that replaced a dead serial HP printer with a network printer. I can ping the printer, but I've used the HP Print Manager to configure it as well as to send test text to it and nothing comes out of the printer. If anybody can point me to info on getting SCO 5.0.6 to printer to this printer via TCP/IP I'd be VERY grateful! Thanks! On Aug 18, 3:47=A0pm, "Michael Sweeden" <michaelswee...@comcast.net> wrote: > I have a client with an old SCO OpenServer 5.0.6 system that replaced a d= ead > serial HP printer with a network printer. I can ping the printer, but I'v= e > used the HP Print Manager to configure it as well as to send test text to= it > and nothing comes out of the printer. If anybody can point me to info on > getting SCO 5.0.6 to printer to this printer via TCP/IP I'd be VERY > grateful! > Thanks! Use netcat http://aplawrence.com/SCOFAQ/FAQ_scotec7getnetcat.html ----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Sweeden" <michaelsweeden@comcast.net> Newsgroups: comp.unix.sco.misc To: <distro@jpr.com> Sent: Monday, August 18, 2008 3:47 PM Subject: network printing to HP 3600n from SCO OpenServer 5.0.6 >I have a client with an old SCO OpenServer 5.0.6 system that replaced a >dead serial HP printer with a network printer. I can ping the printer, but >I've used the HP Print Manager to configure it as well as to send test...

How to set fully qualified hostname for SCO OpenServer 5.0.6?
I'd like the small set of systems I'm fixing to have proper fully qualified hostnames for hte command "hostname". But different of the systems are doing different things, in an environment where the machines got moved from one domain to another. It's not a big problem, because it's an internal domain, but this is forcing me to continue using /etc/hosts instead of normal internal DNS. Machine A responds to "hostname" with a.olddomain.com. Machine B responds to "hostname" with b.oldommain Machine C responds to "hostname" with c. In all cases, I want to change them to be "[machine].newdomain.com". I've tried going through the scoadmin tools, but am not easily finding where to set this. Is it just editing /etc/default/tcp and ebooting? Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote: > I'd like the small set of systems I'm fixing to have proper fully > qualified hostnames for hte command "hostname". But different of the > systems are doing different things, in an environment where the > machines got moved from one domain to another. It's not a big problem, > because it's an internal domain, but this is forcing me to continue > using /etc/hosts instead of normal internal DNS. > > Machine A responds to "hostname" with a.olddomain.com. > Machine B responds to "hostname" with b.oldommain > Machine C responds to "hostname" with c. > > In all ca...

Web resources about - SCO Openserver 5.0.6 installation help - comp.unix.sco.misc

Installation art - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Installation art describes an artistic genre of three-dimensional works that are often site-specific and designed to transform the perception ...

Installation Magazine for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod ...
Get Installation Magazine on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Typical Solar Installation - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
... This is a newly constructed home with near total solar covering. Hi Tim, I have published this nice picture by you, ofa home with solar installation, ...

Adobe pushes scareware with Flash Player installation - YouTube
http://www.zdnet.com/blog/bott/adobes-latest-critical-security-update-pushes-scareware/4681 If you manually install the latest version of Flash ...

Telstra in dispute with customer over costly landline installation
Would you pay $5931.90 for the installation of a landline in a suburban area?

Shark attack delays shark-proof barrier installation at Middleton Beach, Albany
Workers putting in a shark-proof barrier at a WA beach on Sunday were forced to postpone the installation after a shark attacked a pygmy whale ...

Apple begins rolling out screen protector installation program to Japan retail stores
Earlier today we reported that Apple was partnering with one screen protector company , likely Belkin, to offer professional installations of ...

Apple rolls out iPhone screen protector installation service in Japan
Earlier today, it was reported that Apple would be rolling out a service that would offer professional installation of iPhone screen protectors ...

SolarCity Installations Decline Amid Shift Away From Growth
... Tuesday. That fell short of its October forecast of 280 megawatts to 300 megawatts. And in the current quarter, the company expects installations ...