SCO OpenServer 5.0.7 on VMWare ESX 3.0

Hello,

I'm trying to install a SCO OpenServer 5.0.7 on VMWare ESX 3.0 but I'm
looking a BTLD Driver FOR BLC ( BUS LOGIC )
Where can we Find one ?

Regards,
Ely

0
Ely.Xaa (5)

Ely.Xaa@gmail.com wrote:

> I'm trying to install a SCO OpenServer 5.0.7 on VMWare ESX 3.0 but I'm
> looking a BTLD Driver FOR BLC ( BUS LOGIC )
> Where can we Find one ?

See:

  http://groups.google.com/group/comp.unix.sco.misc/msg/9bad2852a40218aa

>Bela<
0
filbo (325)
4/5/2007 7:56:12 PM
This probaby won't help you but just incase others want to use it I have
installed OpenServer 5.0.6, 5.0.7 and 6.0 on an Intel MacBook Pro with
VMWare's new Fusion (beta) product for the Mac right out of the box
without any BTLDs.

This really helps as I can take a single laptop around with me now.

Only one draw back is that it only works in single CPU mode, installing
SMP causes VMWare to crash but I'm sure that will be fixed in the final
build.

Regards, Rob.

Ely.Xaa@gmail.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to install a SCO OpenServer 5.0.7 on VMWare ESX 3.0 but I'm
> looking a BTLD Driver FOR BLC ( BUS LOGIC )
> Where can we Find one ?
>
> Regards,
> Ely

0
rob436 (5)
4/10/2007 9:58:05 PM
<rob@vetsystems.com> wrote:

> This probaby won't help you but just incase others want to use it I have
> installed OpenServer 5.0.6, 5.0.7 and 6.0 on an Intel MacBook Pro with
> VMWare's new Fusion (beta) product for the Mac right out of the box
> without any BTLDs.

This is because VMware hosted products (Server, Workstation, Player, and
now Mac Fusion) support IDE emulation.  ESX only supports SCSI, and both
emulated HBAs have peculiar problems with the SCO OSR5 & UW7 drivers, so
you have to do a bit of a dance.  At least there is a winning combination
in the end...

> This really helps as I can take a single laptop around with me now.
>
> Only one draw back is that it only works in single CPU mode, installing
> SMP causes VMWare to crash but I'm sure that will be fixed in the final
> build.

Is that true for all three OpenServer releases?  SMP is moderately
different between 506 & 507; and completely different between 506/507
and 600.  I know that Fusion SMP works for _some_ guests.

You should only be sure it will be fixed if you've formally submitted a
bug report about the problem.  The Fusion team isn't going to read your
mind (nor comp.unix.sco.misc, I would expect...)

>Bela<
0
filbo (325)
4/11/2007 2:56:24 AM
Bela Lubkin wrote:
> <rob@vetsystems.com> wrote:

> Is that true for all three OpenServer releases?  SMP is moderately
> different between 506 & 507; and completely different between 506/507
> and 600.  I know that Fusion SMP works for _some_ guests.

I have only tried SMP on 5.0.7, however, I will now try OpenServer 6.0
shortly. 6.0 isn't so useful as our products are built using gcc which
wasn't available for 6.0 last time I asked.

> You should only be sure it will be fixed if you've formally submitted a
> bug report about the problem.  The Fusion team isn't going to read your
> mind (nor comp.unix.sco.misc, I would expect...)

I have sent a report and submitted the log files.

>>Bela<

Regards, Rob.
0
rob436 (5)
4/15/2007 10:44:37 PM
rob@vetsystems.com wrote:

> > Is that true for all three OpenServer releases?  SMP is moderately
> > different between 506 & 507; and completely different between 506/507
> > and 600.  I know that Fusion SMP works for _some_ guests.
>
> I have only tried SMP on 5.0.7, however, I will now try OpenServer 6.0
> shortly. 6.0 isn't so useful as our products are built using gcc which
> wasn't available for 6.0 last time I asked.

gcc comes with OpenServer 6.0.0, on the main media I believe.  After
installing, use `custom` to install additional stuff from the media,
tell it you want the GNU Development Tools.  See:

  http://osr600doc.sco.com/en/SDK_oview/DEVSYS.oview.html

Hmmm,

  http://www.sco.com/products/openserver6/technical_whitepaper6.html

is nearly the same paper, but (ominously) says "GNU Development Tools,
which will be available for SCO OpenServer Release 6 soon after FCS"...

>Bela<
0
filbo (325)
4/15/2007 11:31:10 PM
Bela Lubkin typed (on Sun, Apr 15, 2007 at 04:31:10PM -0700):
| rob@vetsystems.com wrote:
|
| > > Is that true for all three OpenServer releases?  SMP is moderately
| > > different between 506 & 507; and completely different between 506/507
| > > and 600.  I know that Fusion SMP works for _some_ guests.
| >
| > I have only tried SMP on 5.0.7, however, I will now try OpenServer 6.0
| > shortly. 6.0 isn't so useful as our products are built using gcc which
| > wasn't available for 6.0 last time I asked.
|
| gcc comes with OpenServer 6.0.0, on the main media I believe.  After
| installing, use `custom` to install additional stuff from the media,
| tell it you want the GNU Development Tools.  See:
|
|   http://osr600doc.sco.com/en/SDK_oview/DEVSYS.oview.html
|
| Hmmm,
|
|   http://www.sco.com/products/openserver6/technical_whitepaper6.html
|
| is nearly the same paper, but (ominously) says "GNU Development Tools,
| which will be available for SCO OpenServer Release 6 soon after FCS"...

GNU DevTools are included in the OSR 6 distribution, but do not
comprise gcc.

--
JP
	==> http://www.frappr.com/cusm <==
On 5 avr, 21:56, Bela Lubkin <f...@armory.com> wrote:
> Ely....@gmail.com wrote:
> > I'm trying to install a SCO OpenServer 5.0.7 on VMWare ESX 3.0 but I'm
> > looking a BTLD Driver FOR BLC ( BUS LOGIC )
> > Where can we Find one ?
>
> See:
>
>  http://groups.google.com/group/comp.unix.sco.misc/msg/9bad2852a40218aa
>

> >Bela<- Masquer le texte des messages pr=E9c=E9dents -
>
> - Afficher le texte des messages pr=E9c=E9dents -

Hello Bela,

Thanks For The INFO. I followed the procedure of A.P. Lawrence and
yours

I tried with BLC coming from BusLogic site directly, didn't work

I tried with BLC coming from SCO site, and
- So, I did "restart link=3Dblc Sdsk=3Dblc(0,0,0,0) Srom=3Dwd(0,0,0,0)"
No problem, installation OK
- After that, I have to do "fd(64)unix link=3Dblc root=3Dhd(42)
swap=3Dhd(41) btld=3Dfd(65)", so, I can apply the blc driver on unix
installed BUT after asking me to replace blc, hardware list is given
and where normally, I should receive "Type CONTROL-D", I have the
following error messages
WARNING: blc_MM_Validated: host adapter did not come ready
WARNING: hd: no root disk controller was found
hd: a Boot-Time Loadable Driver may be required
H iinit
PANIC: srmountfun - Error 19 mounting rootdev (1/42)

debug0:1> _

What am I doing wrong ?

Regards,
Noreddine

0
Ely.Xaa (5)
4/16/2007 7:17:22 AM
Ely.Xaa@gmail.com wrote:

> On 5 avr, 21:56, Bela Lubkin <f...@armory.com> wrote:
> > Ely....@gmail.com wrote:
> > > I'm trying to install a SCO OpenServer 5.0.7 on VMWare ESX 3.0 but I'm
> > > looking a BTLD Driver FOR BLC ( BUS LOGIC )
> > > Where can we Find one ?
> >
> > See:
> >
> >  http://groups.google.com/group/comp.unix.sco.misc/msg/9bad2852a40218aa
> >

> > >Bela<- Masquer le texte des messages pr=E9c=E9dents -
> >
> > - Afficher le texte des messages pr=E9c=E9dents -
>
> Hello Bela,
>
> Thanks For The INFO. I followed the procedure of A.P. Lawrence and
> yours
>
> I tried with BLC coming from BusLogic site directly, didn't work
>
> I tried with BLC coming from SCO site, and
> - So, I did "restart link=3Dblc Sdsk=3Dblc(0,0,0,0) Srom=3Dwd(0,0,0,0)"
> No problem, installation OK
> - After that, I have to do "fd(64)unix link=3Dblc root=3Dhd(42)
> swap=3Dhd(41) btld=3Dfd(65)", so, I can apply the blc driver on unix
> installed BUT after asking me to replace blc, hardware list is given
> and where normally, I should receive "Type CONTROL-D", I have the
> following error messages
> WARNING: blc_MM_Validated: host adapter did not come ready
> WARNING: hd: no root disk controller was found
> hd: a Boot-Time Loadable Driver may be required
> H iinit
> PANIC: srmountfun - Error 19 mounting rootdev (1/42)
>
> debug0:1> _
>
> What am I doing wrong ?

Not reading the rest of the article I pointed to.

It says:

" The SCO "blc" 3.05.1 has one annoying issue under VMware.  When you warm
" reboot a VM (as you would do by running `init 6` under OSR5 in the VM),
" the driver fails to recognize its hardware.  You end up having to cold
" boot the VM.

So you have to cold-boot.  Then apply the fix documented in that
article.

>Bela<
0
filbo (325)
4/16/2007 6:15:34 PM
On 16 avr, 20:15, Bela Lubkin <f...@armory.com> wrote:
> Ely....@gmail.com wrote:
I'm

> > > See:
>
> > >  http://groups.google.com/group/comp.unix.sco.misc/msg/9bad2852a40218=
aa

> > > - Afficher le texte des messages pr=3DE9c=3DE9dents -
>
> > Hello Bela,
>
> > Thanks For The INFO. I followed the procedure of A.P. Lawrence and
> > yours
>
> > I tried with BLC coming from BusLogic site directly, didn't work
>
> > I tried with BLC coming from SCO site, and
> > - So, I did "restart link=3D3Dblc Sdsk=3D3Dblc(0,0,0,0) Srom=3D3Dwd(0,0=
,0,0)"
> > No problem, installation OK
> > - After that, I have to do "fd(64)unix link=3D3Dblc root=3D3Dhd(42)
> > swap=3D3Dhd(41) btld=3D3Dfd(65)", so, I can apply the blc driver on unix
> > installed BUT after asking me to replace blc, hardware list is given
> > and where normally, I should receive "Type CONTROL-D", I have the
> > following error messages
> > WARNING: blc_MM_Validated: host adapter did not come ready
> > WARNING: hd: no root disk controller was found
> > hd: a Boot-Time Loadable Driver may be required
> > H iinit
> > PANIC: srmountfun - Error 19 mounting rootdev (1/42)
>
> > debug0:1> _
>
> > What am I doing wrong ?
>
> Not reading the rest of the article I pointed to.
>
> It says:
>
> " The SCO "blc" 3.05.1 has one annoying issue under VMware.  When you warm
> " reboot a VM (as you would do by running `init 6` under OSR5 in the VM),
> " the driver fails to recognize its hardware.  You end up having to cold
> " boot the VM.
>
> So you have to cold-boot.  Then apply the fix documented in that
> article.
>

> >Bela<- Masquer le texte des messages pr=E9c=E9dents -
>
> - Afficher le texte des messages pr=E9c=E9dents -- Masquer le texte des m=
essages pr=E9c=E9dents -

> - Afficher le texte des messages pr=E9c=E9dents -

Hello Bella,

I indeed read about the cold reboot, but I tought it was only after
complete installation.
Nevertheless, I applied a cold reboot now and indeed, I'm going
further
After pressing [CONTROL-D], I see deamons starting but just after "The
system is ready", I'm now receiving
___________________________________________________________________________=
______________
INIT: Command is respawning too rapidly. Check for possible errors.
id: c01 "/etc/getty tty01 sc_m"

INIT: Command is respawning too rapidly. Check for possible errors.
id: c02 "/etc/getty tty02 sc_m"

..=2E.

INIT: Command is respawning too rapidly. Check for possible errors.
id: c12 "/etc/getty tty12 sc_m"
___________________________________________________________________________=
_______________

And it's freezing. Why ?

Regards

0
Ely.Xaa (5)
4/18/2007 12:33:04 PM
On 18 avr, 14:33, Ely....@gmail.com wrote:
> [...]
> further
> After pressing [CONTROL-D], I see deamons starting but just after "The
> system is ready", I'm now receiving
> _________________________________________________________________________=
__=AD______________
> INIT: Command is respawning too rapidly. Check for possible errors.
> id: c01 "/etc/getty tty01 sc_m"
>
> INIT: Command is respawning too rapidly. Check for possible errors.
> id: c02 "/etc/getty tty02 sc_m"

> INIT: Command is respawning too rapidly. Check for possible errors.
> id: c12 "/etc/getty tty12 sc_m"
> _________________________________________________________________________=
__=AD_______________

> And it's freezing. Why ?
>
> Regards- Masquer le texte des messages pr=E9c=E9dents -
>
> - Afficher le texte des messages pr=E9c=E9dents -

__________________
___________________________________________________________________________=
__________________
Hello,

Can anyone help me with my problem here ?

Regards

0
Ely.Xaa (5)
4/26/2007 2:46:44 PM
On 26 avr, 16:46, Ely....@gmail.com wrote:
> On 18 avr, 14:33, Ely....@gmail.com wrote:

> > > Not reading the rest of the article I pointed to.
>
> > > It says:
>
> > > " TheSCO"blc" 3.05.1 has one annoying issue underVMware.  When you wa=
rm
> > > " reboot a VM (as you would do by running `init 6` under OSR5 in the =
VM),
> > > " the driver fails to recognize its hardware.  You end up having to c=
old
> > > " boot the VM.
>
> > > So you have to cold-boot.  Then apply the fix documented in that
> > > article.

> > > - Afficher le texte des messages pr=E9c=E9dents -- Masquer le texte d=
es messages pr=E9c=E9dents -

> > > - Afficher le texte des messages pr=E9c=E9dents -
>
> > Hello Bella,
>
> > I indeed read about the cold reboot, but I tought it was only after
> > complete installation.
> > Nevertheless, I applied a cold reboot now and indeed, I'm going
> > further
> > After pressing [CONTROL-D], I see deamons starting but just after "The
> > system is ready", I'm now receiving
> > _______________________________________________________________________=
____=AD=AD______________
> > INIT: Command is respawning too rapidly. Check for possible errors.
> > id: c01 "/etc/getty tty01 sc_m"
>
> > INIT: Command is respawning too rapidly. Check for possible errors.
> > id: c02 "/etc/getty tty02 sc_m"

> > INIT: Command is respawning too rapidly. Check for possible errors.
> > id: c12 "/etc/getty tty12 sc_m"
> > _______________________________________________________________________=
____=AD=AD_______________

> > And it's freezing. Why ?
>
> > Regards- Masquer le texte des messages pr=E9c=E9dents -
>
> > - Afficher le texte des messages pr=E9c=E9dents -
>
> _________________________________________________________________________=
__=AD__________________
> _________________________________________________________________________=
__=AD__________________
> Hello,
>
> Can anyone help me with my problem here ?
>
> Regards- Masquer le texte des messages pr=E9c=E9dents -
>
> - Afficher le texte des messages pr=E9c=E9dents -

HELLO, ANYONE HERE ?

0
Ely.Xaa (5)
5/14/2007 12:29:00 PM
Ely.Xaa@gmail.com wrote:

> HELLO, ANYONE HERE ?

Uh, well.. no.

http://www.vmware.com/support/home.html
0
wvaughan (63)
5/14/2007 2:01:15 PM
Ely.Xaa@gmail.com wrote:

> > > I indeed read about the cold reboot, but I tought it was only after
> > > complete installation.
> > > Nevertheless, I applied a cold reboot now and indeed, I'm going
> > > further
> > > After pressing [CONTROL-D], I see deamons starting but just after "The
> > > system is ready", I'm now receiving

> > > INIT: Command is respawning too rapidly. Check for possible errors.
> > > id: c01 "/etc/getty tty01 sc_m"
> >
> > > INIT: Command is respawning too rapidly. Check for possible errors.
> > > id: c02 "/etc/getty tty02 sc_m"

> > > And it's freezing. Why ?

Something messed up during installation.  Do a fresh install, making
sure to follow directions so that the "blc" driver is fully operational.

>Bela<
0
filbo (325)

NFS SCo 5.0.5 with SCO 6.0.0
Hi everybody, I have a folder on SCO 5.0.5 server shared through NFS with a new SCO 6.0.0 with MP2 server (converted from a SCO 5.0.6 version). Before conversion file locks (over network) on this folder works well (eg from server SCO 5.0.6 I was able to see locks generated from SCO 5.0.5 box and viceversa), now with SCO 6.0.0 does not work ! I see that on SCO 6.0.0 the lockd daemon is active .. so it should work ... Please can you help me ? Thanks Cuffiette ...

Trying to compile putty-0.60 on SCO UNIX 5.0.7 with GCC and SCO Dev
I am trying to compile putty downloaded from http://linux.softpedia.com/progDownload/PuTTY-Download-347.html but get the error below. gcc -g -O2 -Wall -Werror -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DHAVE_X11 -DHAVE_X -DSYSV -Di386 -DS CO325 -D__SCO__ -DHAVE_XAW -DHAVE_SHAPE_EXT -DHAVE_SHAPE -DHAVE_SHM_EXT -DHAVE_X SHM -DHAVE_XCONVERTCASE -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr /include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/gl ib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/X11R6/include -I.././ -I../charset/ -I../windows/ -I../unix/ -I../mac/ -I../macosx/ -c ../ proxy.c cc1: warnings being treated as errors .../proxy.c: In function `proxy_for_destination': .../proxy.c:315: warning: implicit declaration of function `strncasecmp' gmake: *** [proxy.o] Error 1 # My programming skill level tops out at ./configure and make. Searching for instances of strncasecmp in the putty working directory shows: /tmp/putty-0.60/unix # cd .. # find . -type f -print | xargs grep strncasecmp | less ../mac/stricmp.c:#define strncasecmp strnicmp ../mac/stricmp.c:strncasecmp(s1, s2, n) ../unix/unix.h:#define strnicmp strncasecmp (END) In unix/unix.h: #define DEFAULT_CODEPAGE 0xFFFF #define CP_UTF8 CS_UTF8 /* from libcharset */ #define strnicmp strncasecmp #define stricmp strcasecmp /* BSD-semantics version of signal(), and another helpful function */ void (*putty_signal(int sig, void (*func)(int)))(int); void block_si...

Sco OpenServer upgrading 5.0.6 to 5.0.7
I need some help. I need to upgrade my Sco O.S.506 to 507 and told me that I need to reinstall all the operative system and not the upgrading of it. Is it true ? Thanks in advance and excuse me if before someone alredy answered this query but I do not find anything about this matter bye Roberto Pineapple typed (on Wed, Apr 07, 2004 at 01:39:46PM +0200): | I need some help. | I need to upgrade my Sco O.S.506 to 507 and told me that I need to reinstall | all the operative system and not the upgrading of it. | Is it true ? No. | Thanks in advance and excuse me if before someone alredy answe...

Looking for precompiled 'rsync" for SCO 5.0.5, 5.0.6 and 5.0.7
I was recommended to use 'rsync' for multi-site transfers. But I have come to find that "rsync" does not exist already in OpenServer 5.0.5, 5.0.6 and 5.0.7. You can only get the "source" files which you "must" compile in order to create the "rsync." These seems to require that you compile these on every level of OpenServer you need. Where / how can I get the 'rsync' binaries already compiled for the levels I need? smlunatick typed (on Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 11:10:53AM -0700): | I was recommended to use 'rsync' for multi-site transfers. But I have | come to find that "rsync" does not exist already in OpenServer 5.0.5, | 5.0.6 and 5.0.7. You can only get the "source" files which you "must" | compile in order to create the "rsync." These seems to require that | you compile these on every level of OpenServer you need. | | Where / how can I get the 'rsync' binaries already compiled for the | levels I need? Get a binary for OSR 5.0.7, and with oss646c, it should run on 5.0.4, 5.0.5, and 5.0.6. Binary afavilable on Brian White's page at www.aljex.com/bkw. -- JP On Aug 18, 7:37=A0pm, Jean-Pierre Radley <j...@jpr.com> wrote: > smlunatick typed (on Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 11:10:53AM -0700): > | I was recommended to use 'rsync' for multi-site transfers. =A0But I hav= e > | come to find that "rsync" does not exist already in OpenSer...

Installing Oracle 7.3.4 on SCO OpenServer 5.0.7
Hi Im trying to upgade a server running SCO Openserver 5.0.4 and Oracle 7.3.4 to more modern hardware (not software). (Upgrading Oracle is not an option for the next 6-9 month.) I know that installing version 7.3.4 on SCO 5.9.7 isn't supported, but I would like to know if anyone has had any experience with that combination. Installed the 60 days test (including the development system) license on a HP ML 350 server. Uptated to maintenance pack 4 The Oracle install fails under linking with the following error: unreferenced first referenced symbol in file _fini /usr/ccs/lib/crt1.o ..crt.init.array.start /usr/ccs/lib/crt1.o ..crt.init.array.end /usr/ccs/lib/crt1.o ..crt.init.array.start /usr/ccs/lib/crt.o ..crt.init.array.end /usr/ccs/lib/crt.o _init /usr/ccs/lib/crt1.o i386ld fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to Oracle. Found a potential fix on SCO's site, but that only removed the _fini and _init lines. I can't find the .crt.init.array.* symbols. Any help would be apreciated. -- Jan Simonsen ...

if time = 3 seconds, how do i set the values of the time steps 0,0.1,0.2,0.3,0.5,1.0,1.5,2.0,3.0,5.0 to -9999 from time =3 seconds
Hi &nbsp; I have 18 inputs (arrays) which contain certain statistics and if time&nbsp;&nbsp;= 3 seconds, set the values of time step 5.0 to -9999.0. &nbsp; I was wondering if there is an efficient way to do this without using a lot of case statements? &nbsp; Thank you. Hello AdrianT, it's not really clear to me what you want to do... I suspect: you have an array containing values and you want to output them with a fixed timing of 3 seconds: you should use a for loop autoindexing trough your array and sending the value to your indicator/output/whatever. Put a "wait for next multiple" into your for loop. Or do you want to have a minimum time delay of 3 seconds? Again use a for loop, get the time value and use a InRange&amp;Coerce with minimum set to 3 seconds... Or you should explain more precisely what you need... Hi Thanks for that. Let me explain. &nbsp; The time may vary. Let me give an example. if time&nbsp; = 2.1, I want to set the time step's &nbsp;3.0 and 5.0's values to -9999.0. if the time =0.1 seconds then I want to set 0.2,0.3, 0.5 etc values to -9999.0 etc .................................................................... &nbsp; Can you please help? Thank you. Hello TUDS, do you use different accounts/nicknames ? Well, that's easy, at least for a sorted array: Search for your time-value in the array (Threshold 1D array). Fill all elements from that index till the end with your "error...

Samba 3.0.20 on SCO 5.0.7 with MP4
I want to be able to join the SCO server running 5.0.7 with MP4 and samba 3.0.20 to an NT domain. The problem I have is that the samba net command is not part of the install. I have searched all the filesystems and have not been able to find the samba net program, Has anyone used 3.0.20 to join an NT domain? If so did you use the net command as per the samba guide? If not then how did you do it without the samba net program. Craig Green wrote: > I want to be able to join the SCO server running 5.0.7 with MP4 and > samba 3.0.20 to an NT domain. > The problem I have is that the samba net command is not part of the > install. > I have searched all the filesystems and have not been able to find the > samba net program, > Has anyone used 3.0.20 to join an NT domain? > If so did you use the net command as per the samba guide? > If not then how did you do it without the samba net program. Found the relevant program. Its called smbnet on SCO. Still cannot join a an ADS domain. It looks like the this version of samba has been compiled without ADS support. Does anyone now if this is correct? Has anyone used this version of samba on OSR507 to join an ADS domain? ...

SYbase SQL & SCO OpenServer 5.0.4/5.0.5
Can somone help me with wich SQL versions runs on SCO OSR5.0.4 and SCO OSR 5.0.5? So your the customer SCO still has :-) Sorry.. Couldn't resist ! ASE 10.0.2 was certified on SCO OSR5.0.2 with OS patches SLS 422a, SLS 437a. It wasn't certified on anything higher. ASE 11.0.x was certified on 5.0.4, but nothing higher. Sybase doesn't support 10.x or 11.x any more ...

Any get Postgresql 8.0.1 running on SCO Openserver 5.0.7
I can get Postgresql to compile using the SCO compiler but when I try to run a 'gmake check' I get the following errors: pg_regress: initdb failed Examine ./log/initdb.log for the reason. Running in noclean mode. Mistakes will not be cleaned up. initdb: could not find suitable encoding for locale "C_C.C" Rerun initdb with the -E option. Try "initdb --help" for more information. The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user "jpogo". This user must also own the server process. The database cluster will be initialized with locale C_C.C. Please let me know if you have any ideas of how fix this. Thanks, Jeff. jrpogo @ yahoo . com ...

Performance of SCO OpenServer 5.0.6 under VMware ESX, any information?
I may have to deal with a VMware ESX server to run some SCO OpenServer 5.0.6 apps. I've been using VMware Workstation successfully up to now, but haven't tried performance testing either under serious system load. (I was using Workstation for compilation and software debugging, not high-load operations.) What kind of performance penalty does VMware inflict on OpenServer? Is it less of a hit under ESX than under Workstation? Are the bottlenecks CPU, or disk, or network IO, or what? I recognize that these will differ for different VMware and OS setups, and would like to hear other people's experience. For example, I'm seeing noticeable SSH startup delays on virtualized SCO OpenServer clients: I assume this is due to a shortage of randomizatioin data for PRNG to synchronize the keys, but can't yet swear to that, and it's not that big a problem for me anyway. And what are people using for system backup in their virtual environments? It's clearly got to be network based, since talking to a local tape drive is begging for grief under virtualization, especially if the drive has to be shared. And talkiing to clones of the OpenServer file systems is infeasible with the RHEL 3 that is the foundation for VMware ESX. If it were me doing it from scratch, I'd recomend using an rsync based backup to a local network server capable of NFS serving the files back to the SCO server to ease file recovery, such as rsnapshot, but are there commercial tools that a...

SCO OpenServe 6.0.0 Filesystem MUCH Faster Than 5.0.6
The speed of the SCO OpenServer 6.0.0 filesystem is quite noticeably faster than I enjoyed on OpenServer 5.0.6. How do I know? I donno, but it feels and seems so. I didn't expect this, so I didn't make these tests while still on 5.0.6, but I KNOW I have a lot more files and directories on 6.0.0 than I did on 5.0.6. The Verify of my Last Master Backup shows what is on my systen: 255191 files were encountered 167 files were excluded 9 files were not checked because the hard disk file had been modified by a program since it was backed up 2 files were not checked for various reasons 28870 special files (links, directories, devices, etc.) 226143 files verified successfully Master Backups using LONE-TAR(tm) to DVD+RW media ran at about 70-75 MB/min on OSR 5.0.6 but run at 175+ MB/min on 6.0.0, and if I turn off compression run at 260+ MB/min. To see how long it takes to search for a non-existant file: [trebor] ~: time find . -name XPMNYTRE real 0m58.59s user 0m1.72s sys 0m10.96s And to see how many directories had to be read: [trebor] ~: find . -type d | wc -l 23745 Bob -- Bob Stockler +-+ bob@trebor.iglou.com +-+ http://members.iglou.com/trebor Author: MENU EDIT II - The BEST Creator/Editor/Manager for filePro User Menus. Fully functional (time-limited) demos available by email request (specify OS). On Fri, Nov 25, 2005 at 11:01:36AM -0500, Bob Stockler wrote: > The speed of the SCO ...

Printing issues with SCO UNIX v6.0.0 vs v5.0.7 and prior
>I have a custom database application, written in CADOL, that previously worked FLAWLESSLY on versions of SCO, prior to v6.0.0 . It doesn't matter if I print directly to the HW port or via the spooler, the job either never finishes or doesn't print at all. Jobs via the spooler, are actually worse than direct to port. I have included the ENV variables we use and also more info below. The ENV variables that are set up in the > .profile. > > DEV1=/usr/propac/printfile; export DEV1 > DEV2=/dev/tty1a; export DEV2 > PRINTER1=C0L0hplaser; export PRINTER1 > PRINTER2=C0L0STD1096; export PRINTER2 > hplaser=SPOOL; export hplaser > STD1096=022; export STD1096 > STD1096_I=0002000; export STD1096_I > STD1096_O=; export STD1096_O > STD1096_C=004075; export STD1096_C > STD1096_L=; export STD1096_L > > These above statements set up 2 printers in our application. The > first is a networked Laser printer and the 2nd is a serial printer > hooked up to port tty1a, running 9600 baud with xon/xoff protocol. > In the application(character based), the user selects printer #1 or > #2 and off to the printer the job goes. Also, the hplaser printer is > defined and configured in the spooler using the scoadmin printers >...

SCO OpenServer 5.0.4/5.0.5 New Daylight Savings dates
Has anyone yet come up with a solution on changing older SCO OpenServer 5.0.4 / 5.0.5 / 5.0.6 systems to accommodate the new daylight savings dates starting this year?? I have looked around at SCO's site and they have an update to install on 5.0.7 systems that also indicate you should install new libc, etc Anyone know how to fix this on older SCO OpenServer releases?? Thanks for any help Scott Ullmann Telespectrum sullmann@telespectrum.com scooter typed (on Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 12:37:58PM -0800): | Has anyone yet come up with a solution on changing older SCO OpenServer | 5.0.4 / 5.0.5 / 5.0.6 systems to accommodate the new daylight savings | dates starting this year?? | | I have looked around at SCO's site and they have an update to install | on 5.0.7 systems that also indicate you should install new libc, etc | | Anyone know how to fix this on older SCO OpenServer releases?? I'm in the EST timezone, and so I would edit /etc/TIMEZONE from: TZ=EST5EDT to: TZ=EST5EDT,M3,2,0/2,M11,1,0/2 -- JP ==> http://www.frappr.com/cusm <== On Jan 22, 4:24 pm, Jean-Pierre Radley <j...@jpr.com> wrote: > scooter typed (on Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 12:37:58PM -0800): > | Has anyone yet come up with a solution on changing older SCO OpenServer > | 5.0.4 / 5.0.5 / 5.0.6 systems to accommodate the new daylight savings > | dates starting this year?? > | > | I have looked around at SCO's site and they have an update to install > | on 5.0.7 ...

Upgrading 5.0.5 to 5.0.6/5.0.7
Hi, I've inheirited 3 SCO Servers and need to upgrade one to 5.0.6 from 5.0.5. The other two are at 5.0.6 and I want them all in line. Some questions: 1. Does SCO charge for this upgrade? If so, how much? 2. How easy is the upgrade? 3. Should I go to 5.0.7 instead for all the machines? Thanks, Jon Jon Wynacht typed (on Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 09:16:17AM -0700): | Hi, | | I've inheirited 3 SCO Servers and need to upgrade one to 5.0.6 from | 5.0.5. The other two are at 5.0.6 and I want them all in line. Some | questions: | | 1. Does SCO charge for this upgrade? If so, how much? >From 5.0.5 Enterprise to 5.0.7 Enterprise, $599. >From 5.0.6 Enterprise to 5.0.7 Enterprise, $369. | 2. How easy is the upgrade? Not hard; be sure to use ftp.jpr.com/pub/savefiles. | 3. Should I go to 5.0.7 instead for all the machines? Yes, and when you order the upgrades, also add in SCO Update, which will eventually bring you all the changes that bring you the Legend release. -- JP Jon Wynacht wrote: > Hi, > > I've inheirited 3 SCO Servers and need to upgrade one to 5.0.6 from > 5.0.5. The other two are at 5.0.6 and I want them all in line. Some > questions: > > 1. Does SCO charge for this upgrade? If so, how much? Of course. See http://aplawrence.com/scoprices.html > 2. How easy is the upgrade? Usually painless, but see http://aplawrence.com/Unixart/upgrades.html > 3. Should I go to 5.0.7 instead for all the machines? Yes, no questi...

Access a SCO 3.0 drive from 5.0.6?
I have an old machine with SCO 3.0 and no networking. I need the data off the IDE drive. I put this drive in a 5.0.6 box that I have and ran mkdev hd, but it would never show the partitions on the drive (I have since put the drive back in the old box and it boots fine.). When the old server boots, it does show /usr mounting as S51K Any ideas on how to get this to work? Do I need to mkdev hd first or can I just access the filesystem directly somehow? I'm lost. Thanks! jf jfranks1970@gmail.com wrote: > I have an old machine with SCO 3.0 and no networking. I need the data > off the IDE drive. I put this drive in a 5.0.6 box that I have and > ran mkdev hd, but it would never show the partitions on the drive (I > have since put the drive back in the old box and it boots fine.). > > When the old server boots, it does show /usr mounting as S51K > > Any ideas on how to get this to work? Do I need to mkdev hd first or > can I just access the filesystem directly somehow? > > I'm lost. > > Thanks! > > jf Does the antique drive have *ANY* networking on its OS? Can you transfer the data over the network, via rcp or tar over an rlogin or somehting? On Fri, Feb 29, 2008, jfranks1970@gmail.com wrote: >I have an old machine with SCO 3.0 and no networking. I need the data >off the IDE drive. I put this drive in a 5.0.6 box that I have and >ran mkdev hd, but it would never show the partitions on the drive (I >...

Why (-0.7 + 0.4)
Is it a bug? How can I avoid such problems when I use "&gt;0" or "&lt;0"? My version is 7.0 and the vi is programmed in WinXP. Thank you ! Hi cactus &nbsp; No, this is not a bug. This has to do with the management of floating point numbers in a computer. &nbsp; Refer to this threads: <a href="http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&amp;message.id=102839&amp;query.id=2735#M102839" target="_blank">http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&amp;message.id=102839&amp;query.id=2735#M102839</a> &...

Upgrade OSR 5.0.5 to 5.0.6 or 5.0.7
Hi all, I've two olds servers DELL Poweredge 2300 with Raid PERC, funtionning with OSR 5.0.5. Iwant upgrade the OS to 5.0.6 or 5.0.7 but it seems (sco.com) that the poweredge 2300 is bnot supported after OSR 5.0.5 (Hardware comptatibility). has somebody attempt this with success and which drivers (Raid PERC, Adaptec) are used. Thank you in advance fir the help. ----------------------------------------------------- Andre Georgel Email : andre.georgel@noos.fr "La perfection n'est pas lorsqu'il n'y a plus rien � ajouter, mais lorsque qu'il n'y a plus rien � enl...

SCO 5.0.5 vs. 6.0
I'm having a new server built: SuperMicro P4SC8 Mother Board Intel P4 3.0Ghz 800 FSB 1GB CPU 73GB 10K 80 PIN SCSI Drive Sony 20/40GB DAT Drive SDT11000/BN DDS4 Adaptec 2010S Card for Mirroring Comtrol Rockport Card 99126-7 Is there any reason I should update my current version of SCO 5.0.5? Frank The following article is a recommendation from SCO when using P4 http://www.sco.com/ta/115963 "FrankS" <fshank@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:CqT_f.65026$H71.37215@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com... > I'm having a new server built: > > SuperMicro P4SC8 Mother Board > Intel P4 3.0Ghz 800 FSB 1GB CPU > 73GB 10K 80 PIN SCSI Drive > Sony 20/40GB DAT Drive SDT11000/BN DDS4 > > Adaptec 2010S Card for Mirroring > > Comtrol Rockport Card 99126-7 > > > > Is there any reason I should update my current version of SCO 5.0.5? > > > > Frank > > > > > > FrankS wrote: > I'm having a new server built: > > SuperMicro P4SC8 Mother Board > Intel P4 3.0Ghz 800 FSB 1GB CPU > 73GB 10K 80 PIN SCSI Drive > Sony 20/40GB DAT Drive SDT11000/BN DDS4 > > Adaptec 2010S Card for Mirroring > > Comtrol Rockport Card 99126-7 > > > > Is there any reason I should update my current version of SCO 5.0.5? Frank, OpenServer 5.0.5 is a retired product and is no longer generally supported by SCO. OpenServer 5.0.5 is not designed to work on P4 systems and y...

SCO 5.0.7 qnd Stp-0 reset starting a backup.
Had a client ask me about this the other day and I was going to do some research on their system but not sure where to look. They just want to make sure it's not a critical error. I think the tape drive just reset but then I have to ask why and so was also wondering where on the system might I find a log and is there one that might have more info. Is this a normal type thing. Here is their explanation and take note I think he misread Stp-0 and got Stop-0 which is also why he mentions "stop" later. Thanks for any insight. bk --------------- Had a message pop up right after initiating backup the other night.... % Stop-0 - - vnd=HP Prd=ULTRIUM 1-SCSI REV=N26D I know that has to do with the backup drive and I guess the "stop" part means there was a fault with the drive somehow. I noticed that the backup screen (the black box with the dots that run down the screen as data is written to the tape) initially came up and the dots started running, but on the first page that error (blue box) popped up and the stream of dots stopped for about a minute. Then they started back like normal and there was activity on the drive. I closed the error and backup seemed to run OK. I just checked the mailbox thinking that the error would have generated a detail report, but there was nothing there. I wondered if there was a way to run a diagnostic on that tape drive to see if there are any issues with it? If it's an isolated thing, no biggie, but i...

samba-3.0.14Aa-VOLS.cpio on SCO 5.0.6
Will this run on this version of SCO? Where can I find documentation to install it? Brent Bolin wrote: > Will this run on this version of SCO? I guess you mean the one at ftp://ftp2.sco.com/pub/skunkware/osr5/vols/samba-3.0.14Aa-VOLS.cpio On Oct 31, 2007, Bob Troester wrote: I have been using samba 3.0.14Aa on SCO Open Server 5.0.6.a with gwxlibs 2.1.0Ba successfully for several months > Where can I find documentation to install it? What do you mean? VOL files are usually easy to install aren't they? I'd extract the VOL files from cpio archive and use custom to install them. (actually I prefer to use `scoadmin software` but YMMV). man cpio man custom Then I'd read whatever man pages are in the VOLs and/or the samba 3.0 web-site docs. Presumably all the above is known to you and I have missed your real question. If so, sorry. -- RGB On Dec 9, 9:19=A0am, RedGrittyBrick <RedGrittyBr...@spamweary.invalid> wrote: > Brent Bolin wrote: > > Will this run on this version of SCO? > > I guess you mean the one atftp://ftp2.sco.com/pub/skunkware/osr5/vols/sam= ba-3.0.14Aa-VOLS.cpio > > On Oct 31, 2007, Bob Troester wrote: > =A0 =A0 =A0I have been using samba 3.0.14Aa on SCO Open Server 5.0.6.a wi= th > =A0 =A0 =A0gwxlibs 2.1.0Ba successfully for several months > > > Where can I find documentation to install it? > > What do you mean? VOL files are usually easy to install aren't they? >...

SCO's 5.0.7V on vmware server 2.0?
I see SCO has a downloadable 5.0.7 virtual machine in ISO form they boast will run on vmware, but the getting-started docs don't mention using vmware server 2.0 (the free version). Has anyone got this to work and if so how did you do it? It seems silly they don't document using it with the most popular versions of vmware. But it is SCO. And that yearly subscription? What were they thinking? That sure gives a lot of confidence--buying something that will quit on a yearly basis from a company that is going through bankruptcy. I am still using a 5.0.6 virtual machine I built three years ago for an old but required app, but it would be nice to go with something newer and better. OregonBob <oregonbob@gmail.com> wrote: > I see SCO has a downloadable 5.0.7 virtual machine in ISO form they > boast will run on vmware, but the getting-started docs don't mention > using vmware server 2.0 (the free version). Has anyone got this to > work and if so how did you do it? > > It seems silly they don't document using it with the most popular > versions of vmware. But it is SCO. (I worked at SCO for 15 years, and now VMware for 5 years; not speaking for either of them, of course...) As it turned out, VMware Server was never the most popular of VMware's products. It is now "end of life" (see small comment "*VMware Server was declared End Of Availability on January 2010. Support will be limited to Technical Guidance for the dura...

SCO OpenServer 5.0.7 : installation and partioning
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------070204020605090204060403 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit PRODUCT : SCO OpenServer 5.0.7 OBJECT : installation and partioning Hi, I try to install OpenServer 5.0.7 on Dell Server. It's ok when the root partition uses the whole disk, but when I try to create patitions like /opt, /home... the installation seems to be ok but the server stops on PANIC at reboot.. How should I process ? --------------070204020605090204060403 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Cont...

Connect to Internet from SCO OpenServer 5.0.7
Hi, I have a linux server acting as a gateway to internet (with 2 nics 192.168.10.2 for local LAN 192.168.0.3 for Internet) On my win xp server it works when I give 192.168.03 as gateway (with the DNS servers of IP provider) On Sco added a NIC 192.168.10.5 can ping and telnet to linux server. Added the gateway in /etc/tcp (also tried route add default 192.168.0.3) Added the 2 DNS entries in the /etc/resolv.conf as Nameservers. However I cannot connect to Internet from SCO what am I doing wrong? Can Someone shed some light on this Please. Regards Sade In article <3a621d3c.0412122016.23ca9e86@posting.google.com>, Sade Bhat Kalasabail <sade_bhat@yahoo.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I have a linux server acting as a gateway to internet (with 2 nics > 192.168.10.2 for local LAN >192.168.0.3 for Internet) >On my win xp server it works when I give 192.168.03 as gateway >(with the DNS servers of IP provider) >On Sco added a NIC 192.168.10.5 can ping and telnet to linux >server. Added the gateway in /etc/tcp (also tried route >add default 192.168.0.3) Added the 2 DNS entries in the >/etc/resolv.conf as Nameservers. >However I cannot connect to Internet from SCO what am I doing wrong? >Can Someone shed some light on this Please. Your default route needs to be through the Linux machine and it has to act like a router. -- Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com Bill Vermillion wrote: > In article <3a621d3c.0412122016.23ca9e86@posting...

VMWare Server + SCO 5.0.7 networking problems
Hi, Sorry all, another VMWare question here! I've been trying without success for a couple of days to get a SCO VM system running. I'm using VMWare Server which also has a couple of Linux based systems which do work fine. The problem is quite weird. Basically, once booted I can "see out", from the SCO box - ping websites, telnet to other local machines etc... In addition from the machine running the VM I can telnet in, browse served Apache pages etc... Problems start when I attempt to connect from other machines on the network - they can ping the SCO VM system, but can't telnet in, or for example Apache doesn't serve pages. It's not completely broken because there is some evidence of a connection on the SCO end, eg. when I telnet I see this :- Trying 10.80.14.205... Connected to 10.80.14.205 (10.80.14.205). Escape character is '^]'. Connection closed by foreign host. If I try to browse an Apache page (default Apache 5.0.7 setup, haven't done anything with it yet) I do see the connection in access_log but nothing gets returned. It strikes of network issues - but as I say I can ping the box and can also telnet out from it. Plus the Linux servers work fine - I've tried everything on DHCP and the Linux servers work fine but not the SCO 5.0.7 one. I've just done a clean install of 5.0.7 to try and resolve the issue. Anyone any pointers? I'm using the default (auto detected) HW AMD PCNet-PCI adapter. Cheers, Stuar...

Web resources about - SCO OpenServer 5.0.7 on VMWare ESX 3.0 - comp.unix.sco.misc

SCO OpenServer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
6.0.0 MP4 / February 6, 2009 ; 5 years ago ( 2009-02-06 ) SCO UNIX was the successor to SCO variant of Microsoft Xenix , derived from UNIX System ...

Open Directory - Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Unix: SCO
... Inc. - Develops, supports small/mid scale Unix server OSs and business system software for network computing; products, related services: OpenServer, ...

关于Unix系统崩溃问题解决方法讲解_Unix子站_IT专家网
由于Unix系统是多用户多进程的分时系统,尤其是 SCO Unix OpenServer 5.0.5以上版本面市的时间不太长,许多系统管理员面对这种情况也没有解决办法,只好重装系统,导致大量的资料数据丢失。 关于Unix系统崩溃问题解决方法讲解

Deluded SCO CEO on witness stand: “Linux is a copy of UNIX”
Darl McBride entered a courtroom to assert his rights regarding legacy System …

SCO fees may hit some Linux users
The struggling SCO Group, which holds the copyright to Unix, plans to charge some customers who have moved from its own products to Linux, according ...

SCO puts disputed code in the spotlight
Technology launches take second place at SCO's confab to a defense of the legal battles against Linux, as the company displays the lines of code ...

S - Computer dictionary and glossary
Computer dictionary abbreviations, definitions, glossary, and terms beginning with the letter S.

When SCO is dead and buried
The end of SCO is in sight. And, what does that mean for us and what lessons can we learn from its frantic, fruitless battles against Linux? ...

Hard Disk Failure and Hard Drive Failure Data Recovery
Hard disk drives experience lots of different types of failure. Ranging from electrical, mechanical, logical and firmware. We can retrieve your ...

Serial Cards - Digi International
Products Embedded Wireless and Wired Solutions Solutions on Module RF Modules Single-Board Computers Operator Interfaces Software Platforms Application ...