SCO unix 5.0.6 web services setup

I need to install the "web services" deal on my unix box so that when a
customer sends me requests with SOAP or XML my system accepts the call on
the specific port.

Is there a process to do that ? I'm currently running netscape fastract as a
web server, I heard I need apache + axis , Are there other options to setup
the web services ?

thanks

0
atk6 (176)

Where can I get this new Web Service from SCO ?  Is it under their ftp site
or I have to pay for it ?

http://www.crn.com/sections/breakingnews/dailyarchives.jhtml;jsessionid=ERBHJ1BYLZ3IUQSNDBGCKH0CJUMEKJVN?articleId=18824984&_requestid=1614593

In spite of the legal circus engulfing The SCO Group--and lingering concerns
about the Unix company's future--top executives took the opportunity at the
company's annual partner conference in Las Vegas to outline SCO's new
Internet and Web services offerings and assert its intent to stay in
business.

At SCO Forum 2003, SCO announced the delivery of key component of its SCOx
Web services initiative--SCOx WebFace Solution Suite 4.0--as well as the
SCOsms Web Services API and SCObiz Web Services APIs.

The company's SCOx direction and Web services API plans were unveiled last
April.

The enhanced suite and new APIs, designed to enable partners and customers
to migrate legacy Unix applications to a services-oriented architecture,
consists of the WebFace Browser Application Platform and WebFace Studio
development platform.

 SCO's Web services architecture is based on Web services standards
including XML, SOAP and UDDI. The SCOx technologies announced at the annual
partner conference are key to SCOx Application Substrate, which includes the
suite, APIs and, in the future, Web services security and encapsulation
technologies, executives said.

0
atk6 (176)
3/25/2005 3:49:57 PM
E Arredondo wrote:
> I need to install the "web services" deal on my unix box so that when
> customer sends me requests with SOAP or XML my system accepts the
call on
> the specific port.
>
> Is there a process to do that ? I'm currently running netscape
fastract as a
> web server, I heard I need apache + axis , Are there other options to
setup
> the web services ?

Apache or Tomcat would be the easier web server to use for this, but
others
can be configured as well I imagine.

Axis is the choice if your program handling the web services calls is
written
in Java.  For C and C++, gSOAP is the best choice.  For Perl,
SOAP::Lite,
and for PHP, PEAR::SOAP.  All of these implementations are available if
you
upgrade your system to SCO OpenServer 5.0.7 supplement 3.

Jonathan Schilling

0
jlselsewhere (207)
3/28/2005 7:29:24 PM
Since I happen to know he's a filePro user, his best choice is probably
apache + perl and getting help from Mark Fairlite since he happens to
have done a lot of work with cgi in perl talking to filePro and it's
easy to get recent apache & perl on sco these days.

0
brian109 (760)
3/29/2005 8:09:52 AM
<brian@aljex.com> wrote in message
> Since I happen to know he's a filePro user, his best choice is probably
> apache + perl and getting help from Mark Fairlite since he happens to
> have done a lot of work with cgi in perl talking to filePro and it's
> easy to get recent apache & perl on sco these days.

I'll make a note of that, thanks

0
atk6 (176)
3/29/2005 3:48:38 PM
<jlselsewhere@my-deja.com> wrote in message

> E Arredondo wrote:
>> I need to install the "web services" deal on my unix box so that when
>> customer sends me requests with SOAP or XML my system accepts the
> call on
>> the specific port.
>>
>> Is there a process to do that ? I'm currently running netscape
> fastract as a
>> web server, I heard I need apache + axis , Are there other options to
> setup
>> the web services ?
>
> Apache or Tomcat would be the easier web server to use for this, but
> others
> can be configured as well I imagine.
>
> Axis is the choice if your program handling the web services calls is
> written
> in Java.  For C and C++, gSOAP is the best choice.  For Perl,
> SOAP::Lite,
> and for PHP, PEAR::SOAP.  All of these implementations are available if
> you
> upgrade your system to SCO OpenServer 5.0.7 supplement 3.
>
> Jonathan Schilling

Thank you!

0
atk6 (176)
3/29/2005 3:48:59 PM
In article <1112083792.200321.50690@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
<brian@aljex.com> wrote:

>Since I happen to know he's a filePro user, his best choice is
>probably apache + perl and getting help from Mark Fairlite since
>he happens to have done a lot of work with cgi in perl talking to
>filePro and it's easy to get recent apache & perl on sco these
>days.

Actually it's Mark Luljak - but 'fairlite' is his email name.
http://www.fairlte.com.

For FP into Access, Ryan Powers has some software too, along with
custom work in C,C++, and Java. http://www.bulldogsoftware.com
His web site has been up for only a month so it's undergoing
construction.

Disclaimer.  I get nothing from this but they are both good friends
of mine and we often have 3-way emails going, but beyond friendship
they are both excellent programmers.

--
Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com
0

NFS SCo 5.0.5 with SCO 6.0.0
Hi everybody, I have a folder on SCO 5.0.5 server shared through NFS with a new SCO 6.0.0 with MP2 server (converted from a SCO 5.0.6 version). Before conversion file locks (over network) on this folder works well (eg from server SCO 5.0.6 I was able to see locks generated from SCO 5.0.5 box and viceversa), now with SCO 6.0.0 does not work ! I see that on SCO 6.0.0 the lockd daemon is active .. so it should work ... Please can you help me ? Thanks Cuffiette ...

Trying to compile putty-0.60 on SCO UNIX 5.0.7 with GCC and SCO Dev
I am trying to compile putty downloaded from http://linux.softpedia.com/progDownload/PuTTY-Download-347.html but get the error below. gcc -g -O2 -Wall -Werror -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DHAVE_X11 -DHAVE_X -DSYSV -Di386 -DS CO325 -D__SCO__ -DHAVE_XAW -DHAVE_SHAPE_EXT -DHAVE_SHAPE -DHAVE_SHM_EXT -DHAVE_X SHM -DHAVE_XCONVERTCASE -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr /include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/gl ib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/X11R6/include -I.././ -I../charset/ -I../windows/ -I../unix/ -I../mac/ -I../macosx/ -c ../ proxy.c cc1: warnings being treated as errors .../proxy.c: In function `proxy_for_destination': .../proxy.c:315: warning: implicit declaration of function `strncasecmp' gmake: *** [proxy.o] Error 1 # My programming skill level tops out at ./configure and make. Searching for instances of strncasecmp in the putty working directory shows: /tmp/putty-0.60/unix # cd .. # find . -type f -print | xargs grep strncasecmp | less ../mac/stricmp.c:#define strncasecmp strnicmp ../mac/stricmp.c:strncasecmp(s1, s2, n) ../unix/unix.h:#define strnicmp strncasecmp (END) In unix/unix.h: #define DEFAULT_CODEPAGE 0xFFFF #define CP_UTF8 CS_UTF8 /* from libcharset */ #define strnicmp strncasecmp #define stricmp strcasecmp /* BSD-semantics version of signal(), and another helpful function */ void (*putty_signal(int sig, void (*func)(int)))(int); void block_si...

SCO Unix 5.0.6, errors
Hi, I am getting the error(s); HTFS: Inode 11915 on HTFS dev hd (1/43) has bad type 000000000000 HTFS: I/O failure occured accessing logical block 477364230 on HTFS dev hd (1/43) and then the system shuts down. Is there any way to fix these? We have done the command 'unix auto' at the Boot: prompt and it goes through its file system checks and appears to correct some problems. We have had some corruption on the database but were able to fix the problems. Our next plan of action is to clone the drive, but if anyone has any other suggestions for a way to fix this issue I would appreciate it. Lori Calkins It would help if you'd provided disk information, such as how many partitions. I'm guessing from what you provided that the problem is on the root partition. By default 5.0.6 doesn't check the root file system on an auto boot. What you're seeing is the file system checks on the rest of the partitions. When you get the Boot: prompt just press enter. Eventually you'll be prompted for the root password to enter maintenance mode. Do that. Then type fsck / Ray Robert Three Star Software Lori wrote: > Hi, > I am getting the error(s); > > HTFS: Inode 11915 on HTFS dev hd (1/43) has bad type 000000000000 > HTFS: I/O failure occured accessing logical block 477364230 on HTFS dev > hd (1/43) > > and then the system shuts down. > > Is there any way to fix these? We have done the command 'unix auto' at >...

FAXing from SCO Unix 5.0.6
I'm supporting a SCO Unix 5.0.6 machine. I don't want to spend $1700 on a "fax server solution". Instead, I'm looking for a fax modem for which there are drivers for SCO or generic enough for Unix in general. I also need "fax software" to enable the whole endeavor. All I'm attempting is what is done quite readily in Windows: print to a psuedo-driver which, in turn, invokes the fax s/w that solicits the phone number to fax to and any other required info. I don't need all kinds of fancy options like choices for cover pages, etc. The application used by my client is strictly text-based - no GUI. Any advice for public-domain - or inexpensive - software to accomplish this is much appreciated. Regards, David On Fri, Apr 18, 2008, David wrote: >I'm supporting a SCO Unix 5.0.6 machine. I don't want to spend $1700 on >a "fax server solution". Instead, I'm looking for a fax modem for which >there are drivers for SCO or generic enough for Unix in general. I also >need "fax software" to enable the whole endeavor. > >All I'm attempting is what is done quite readily in Windows: print to a >psuedo-driver which, in turn, invokes the fax s/w that solicits the >phone number to fax to and any other required info. I don't need all >kinds of fancy options like choices for cover pages, etc. The >application used by my client is strictly text-based - no GUI. &g...

Looking for precompiled 'rsync" for SCO 5.0.5, 5.0.6 and 5.0.7
I was recommended to use 'rsync' for multi-site transfers. But I have come to find that "rsync" does not exist already in OpenServer 5.0.5, 5.0.6 and 5.0.7. You can only get the "source" files which you "must" compile in order to create the "rsync." These seems to require that you compile these on every level of OpenServer you need. Where / how can I get the 'rsync' binaries already compiled for the levels I need? smlunatick typed (on Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 11:10:53AM -0700): | I was recommended to use 'rsync' for multi-site transfers. But I have | come to find that "rsync" does not exist already in OpenServer 5.0.5, | 5.0.6 and 5.0.7. You can only get the "source" files which you "must" | compile in order to create the "rsync." These seems to require that | you compile these on every level of OpenServer you need. | | Where / how can I get the 'rsync' binaries already compiled for the | levels I need? Get a binary for OSR 5.0.7, and with oss646c, it should run on 5.0.4, 5.0.5, and 5.0.6. Binary afavilable on Brian White's page at www.aljex.com/bkw. -- JP On Aug 18, 7:37=A0pm, Jean-Pierre Radley <j...@jpr.com> wrote: > smlunatick typed (on Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 11:10:53AM -0700): > | I was recommended to use 'rsync' for multi-site transfers. =A0But I hav= e > | come to find that "rsync" does not exist already in OpenSer...

SCO 5.0.5 vs. 6.0
I'm having a new server built: SuperMicro P4SC8 Mother Board Intel P4 3.0Ghz 800 FSB 1GB CPU 73GB 10K 80 PIN SCSI Drive Sony 20/40GB DAT Drive SDT11000/BN DDS4 Adaptec 2010S Card for Mirroring Comtrol Rockport Card 99126-7 Is there any reason I should update my current version of SCO 5.0.5? Frank The following article is a recommendation from SCO when using P4 http://www.sco.com/ta/115963 "FrankS" <fshank@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:CqT_f.65026$H71.37215@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com... > I'm having a new server built: > > SuperMicro P4SC8 Mother Board > Intel P4 3.0Ghz 800 FSB 1GB CPU > 73GB 10K 80 PIN SCSI Drive > Sony 20/40GB DAT Drive SDT11000/BN DDS4 > > Adaptec 2010S Card for Mirroring > > Comtrol Rockport Card 99126-7 > > > > Is there any reason I should update my current version of SCO 5.0.5? > > > > Frank > > > > > > FrankS wrote: > I'm having a new server built: > > SuperMicro P4SC8 Mother Board > Intel P4 3.0Ghz 800 FSB 1GB CPU > 73GB 10K 80 PIN SCSI Drive > Sony 20/40GB DAT Drive SDT11000/BN DDS4 > > Adaptec 2010S Card for Mirroring > > Comtrol Rockport Card 99126-7 > > > > Is there any reason I should update my current version of SCO 5.0.5? Frank, OpenServer 5.0.5 is a retired product and is no longer generally supported by SCO. OpenServer 5.0.5 is not designed to work on P4 systems and y...

SCO OpenServe 6.0.0 Filesystem MUCH Faster Than 5.0.6
The speed of the SCO OpenServer 6.0.0 filesystem is quite noticeably faster than I enjoyed on OpenServer 5.0.6. How do I know? I donno, but it feels and seems so. I didn't expect this, so I didn't make these tests while still on 5.0.6, but I KNOW I have a lot more files and directories on 6.0.0 than I did on 5.0.6. The Verify of my Last Master Backup shows what is on my systen: 255191 files were encountered 167 files were excluded 9 files were not checked because the hard disk file had been modified by a program since it was backed up 2 files were not checked for various reasons 28870 special files (links, directories, devices, etc.) 226143 files verified successfully Master Backups using LONE-TAR(tm) to DVD+RW media ran at about 70-75 MB/min on OSR 5.0.6 but run at 175+ MB/min on 6.0.0, and if I turn off compression run at 260+ MB/min. To see how long it takes to search for a non-existant file: [trebor] ~: time find . -name XPMNYTRE real 0m58.59s user 0m1.72s sys 0m10.96s And to see how many directories had to be read: [trebor] ~: find . -type d | wc -l 23745 Bob -- Bob Stockler +-+ bob@trebor.iglou.com +-+ http://members.iglou.com/trebor Author: MENU EDIT II - The BEST Creator/Editor/Manager for filePro User Menus. Fully functional (time-limited) demos available by email request (specify OS). On Fri, Nov 25, 2005 at 11:01:36AM -0500, Bob Stockler wrote: > The speed of the SCO ...

SCO 5.0.5/5.0.6 bios clock, time zone and synching
Hi All, Does SCO expect the BIOS clock to be set to UTC? Ive got a few SCO boxen spread across a couple of time zones and at the moment, the bios clocks in the servers are set to localtime not UTC. The timezone settings in SCO Admin are also wrong. I was under the impression *nix always expects the BIOS clock to be set to UTC and then the timezone settings in SCO tell the OS what the local time is. This does not seem to be the case for me. On a testing box, Ive set the BIOS clock to UTC, set the correct timezone in scoadmin but the date command in a root shell still gives the wrong time. E...

Sco OpenServer upgrading 5.0.6 to 5.0.7
I need some help. I need to upgrade my Sco O.S.506 to 507 and told me that I need to reinstall all the operative system and not the upgrading of it. Is it true ? Thanks in advance and excuse me if before someone alredy answered this query but I do not find anything about this matter bye Roberto Pineapple typed (on Wed, Apr 07, 2004 at 01:39:46PM +0200): | I need some help. | I need to upgrade my Sco O.S.506 to 507 and told me that I need to reinstall | all the operative system and not the upgrading of it. | Is it true ? No. | Thanks in advance and excuse me if before someone alredy answered this query | but I do not find anything about this matter While In-Place Upgrades do now work considerably better than they did a few years ago, I *still* counsel against them. Use my savefiles script, make good backups, and then a fresh install. -- JP "Pineapple" <roberquaNO@SPAMvirgilio.it> wrote in message news:<c50pa5$vri$1@newsreader.mailgate.org>... > I need some help. > I need to upgrade my Sco O.S.506 to 507 and told me that I need to reinstall > all the operative system and not the upgrading of it. > Is it true ? > Thanks in advance and excuse me if before someone alredy answered this query > but I do not find anything about this matter > > bye > Roberto I had same problem, and I was unable to upgrade . Only fresh reinstall was Ok. Pineapple <roberquaNO@spamvirgilio.it> wrote: >I need some help. >I need to...

SCO Open Server 5.0.6 versus 5.0.4
Hi, Anybody can point me to info or can state if there is a performance improvement from running 5.0.6 versus 5.0.4. Application is database access centered. Regards, Marian news wrote: > Hi, > Anybody can point me to info or can state if there is a performance > improvement from running 5.0.6 versus 5.0.4. Application is database access > centered. I don't think you are going to get a useful answer. Let's assume that I could authoritatively say that 5.0.6 has performance related improvements over .4 in certain areas. I can't recall if it does or doesn't, but the release notes would surely mention any. But so what? What does that say about YOUR application? Do we know where its performance issuees are now? Nope. We could assume it's probably disk bound, because that's a pretty safe assumption most any time, but even if true, what have you done for better or worse in that regard already? Maybe this is an Oracle database and you have it running on a RAID 5 system. As that's usually going to be a bad idea, you could gain nothing even if 5.0.6 did otherwise provide features that would otherwise improve your lot. Maybe you have the whole thing improperly tuned. Maybe you have it so perfectly tuned that an upgrade would make it worse because everything is so critically balanced to what you have now.. There are plenty of good reasons to upgrade to 5.0.6/7. If that's what you are lookimg for (a reason to sell the idea to ...

bootable diskettes for SCO Unix 5.0.4
Hello, Where could I find, make or download the bootable diskettes for installing SCO Unix 5.0.4? I have the CD for installation and the license numbers but I can't boot from the CD. What can I do, please? Thanks Desperate34 <desperate34@yahoo.com> wrote: >Hello, > Where could I find, make or download the bootable diskettes for >installing SCO Unix 5.0.4? I have the CD for installation and the >license numbers but I can't boot from the CD. What can I do, please? >Thanks see http://aplawrence.com/SCOFAQ/scotec2.html#installdisk and http://aplawrence.com/SCO...

Newbie: How to setup networking on SCO Unix OpenServer 5
I am running SCO OpenServer(TM) Release 5 and would like to connect this to our router (which feeds several Windows boxes) and thus to the web. Is there a place I can find a step by step procedure to do this? The online manuals are less than helpful or clear. Do I need to add a software firewall? Is there a good anti-virus package I can use. -- Regards, Neil Morrison --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.736 / Virus Database: 490 - Release Date: 8/9/2004 Neil Morrison wrote: > I am running SCO OpenServer(TM) Release 5 and would like to connect this to > our router (which feeds several Windows boxes) and thus to the web. Is there > a place I can find a step by step procedure to do this? The online manuals > are less than helpful or clear. Do I need to add a software firewall? Is > there a good anti-virus package I can use. Not sure where your confusion is. You run netconfig to set your ip, and see http://aplawrence.com/SCOFAQ/FAQ_scotec4defaultroute.html to set your default route. If that leaves you still confused, maybe start with http://aplawrence.com/Unixart/net101.html and http://aplawrence.com/Basics/internet.html and maybe http://aplawrence.com/Unixart/networks.html Security? You should never depend only on your firewall. See http://aplawrence.com/Security/dslsecure.html and http://aplawrence.com/Security/general.html and also http://aplawrence.com/Security/ipf...

Apache 2.0.50 SCO Unix osr 5
El tema es as=ED. Baj=E9 el apache 2.0.50 de ftp://ftp2.sco.com/pub/skunkware/osr5/vols , lo instal=E9, y luego de realizar las correspondientes configuraciones, quiero correr ./httpd2 desde /usr/lib/apache2/bin , y me arroja el siguiente error: dynamic linker : ./httpd2 : error opening /usr/lib/libgdbm.so.1 illed No encuentro en el Unix esa librer=EDa, ni la encontr=E9 en el ftp de SCO. Alguien tiene idea de d=F3nde conseguirlas? Martin, I don't speak Spanish and most members of this forum probably do not. My understanding is that you're trying to install Apache. What is your operating system version? Type and enter: uname -X Report back with the line labeled Release =3D. You probably need to install other patches or modules before installing Apache, but selecting the correct modules depends upon the version. Mark Martin wrote: > El tema es as=ED. Baj=E9 el apache 2.0.50 de > ftp://ftp2.sco.com/pub/skunkware/osr5/vols , lo instal=E9, y luego de > realizar las correspondientes configuraciones, quiero correr ./httpd2 > desde /usr/lib/apache2/bin , y me arroja el siguiente error: > > dynamic linker : ./httpd2 : error opening /usr/lib/libgdbm.so.1 > illed > > No encuentro en el Unix esa librer=EDa, ni la encontr=E9 en el ftp de > SCO. > Alguien tiene idea de d=F3nde conseguirlas? "mbennett" <mbennett@claritysoftwaresystems.com> wrote in message news:1154956941.259359.132570@75g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... Ma...

SCO UNIX 3.2.4 vs SCO OS4/5 device driver compatibility
Greetings! The subject pretty much says it all. I've got an ancient SCO 3.2.4 system that must live at least a few years longer. I'm looking into virtualizing it using the QEMU emulator but am having a time finding network card drivers specifically for pre-Open Server versions. The virtualized network device I'm wanting to use is the RTL8029 (PCI ne2000). Any advice, comments or directions would be fantastic. Regards, Stephen Spencer Lawrence, KS Stephen Spencer wrote: > The subject pretty much says it all. I've got an ancient SCO 3.2.4 > system that must live at least a few years longer. I'm looking into > virtualizing it using the QEMU emulator but am having a time finding > network card drivers specifically for pre-Open Server versions. > > The virtualized network device I'm wanting to use is the RTL8029 (PCI > ne2000). There was an NE2K driver for 3.2v4.x ("nat"). Note that it was notorious for not working well with clones. I also don't know if it had ever heard of PCI. The lowest-end NIC emulated by VMware virtualization is an AMD PCnet-PCI. The "pnt" driver for that did exist and did support PCI versions back in 3.2v4.x. I haven't actually tested the combination of 3.2v4.x + "pnt" + VMware. It does work with OSR5 + VMware. You can use the free VMware Player for this purpose. I don't know what NIC hardware is emulated by Xen, KVM, Hyper-V, etc. Hmmmm. The "pn...

SCO Unix 3.2v5.0.5 system/network settings
*** post for FREE via your newsreader at post.newsfeed.com *** Dear enlightened experts! Please, sorry for my bad English. I have decided to try to disturb you by my question. I have an Oracle 7.2.2.4 running on SCO Unix 3.2v4.2,SCO Unix 3.2v5.0.5. We tried to begin to work via SQL*Net2, SQL*Net1 currently in use and will stay on. But when Oracle session has been established, it breaks in some seconds with ORA 03113 Error "end of file on communication channel". It notices, that this is preceded with switching of port in status FIN_WAIT2 on a server side. We've observed it on all servers, irrespective of operating system, Oracle versions are all the same. But I use two machine for diagnostics, with SCO Unix 3.2v4.2 / SCO Unix 3.2v5.0.5 and Oracle 7.2.2.4 installed on them. They work correctly, without breaks on SQL*Net2! All machines are connected to the same switch, have the similar LAN adapter(Intel UTP 10/100). SCO Unix 3.2v4.2 with SCO TCP/IP release 1.2.1L + net382 + net398b, SCO Unix 3.2v5.0.5 with SCO TCP/IP release 1.2.1EB. From all it I have drawn a conclusion, that appears because of SCO specific system settings, may be in part of TCP/IP settings, timeouts or something else. Could you specify me, what to pay attention on? With respect, Dmitry. -----= Posted via Newsfeed.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeed.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== 100,000 Groups! - 19 Servers! - Unlimited...

SCO Unix 3.2v5.0.5 system/network settings and Oracle
[...]

SCO 5 / SCO 6 Drivers
What is the difference between drivers for ancient SCO OpenServer 5 and SCO 6? Is it at all possible to get an SCO 5 driver to run on SCO 6? (Source not available). I suspect I shouldn't touch this with a barge pole. On Thursday, January 2, 2014 7:00:20 PM UTC+1, roberth...@yahoo.com wrote: > What is the difference between drivers for ancient SCO OpenServer 5 and SCO 6? > > Is it at all possible to get an SCO 5 driver to run on SCO 6? (Source not available). > > I suspect I shouldn't touch this with a barge pole. I think that SCO OpenServer 5 was based on...

Printing on a DP-301P Print server SCO Unix OSR 5.0.7
How do a setup a printer that is on my local network with IP 192.168.2.17 ? The Unix server is on 192.168.2.7 on the same network. I tried "scoadmin" looking for something like "add tcp/ip printer" but no luck at all. So I'm thinking that I have to create a new port (i.e. /dev/lp192.168.2.17) so then I can assign a printer to it right ? Any help would be greatly appreciate it. Thanks Enrique "Enrique Arredondo" <atk@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:X77Qi.59349$YL5.31497@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net... > How do a setup a printer that is on my local network with IP 192.168.2.17 > ? The Unix server is on 192.168.2.7 on the same network. > > I tried "scoadmin" looking for something like "add tcp/ip printer" but no > luck at all. So I'm thinking that I have to create a new port (i.e. > /dev/lp192.168.2.17) so then I can assign a printer to it right ? > > Any help would be greatly appreciate it. > > Thanks > > Enrique > I can ping 192.168.2.17 ...here: /# ping 192.168.2.17 PING 192.168.2.17 (192.168.2.17): 56 data bytes 64 bytes from mylan17 (192.168.2.17): icmp_seq=0 ttl=255 time=2.522 ms 64 bytes from mylan17 (192.168.2.17): icmp_seq=1 ttl=255 time=1.086 ms 64 bytes from mylan17 (192.168.2.17): icmp_seq=2 ttl=255 time=1.283 ms 64 bytes from mylan17 (192.168.2.17): icmp_seq=3 ttl=255 time=1.330 ms 64 bytes from mylan17 (192.168.2.17): icmp_seq=4 ttl=255 time=1...

given 5-year old Dell Poweredge 2300 server, SCO Unix, 2x9GB hDD
I was just given a Dell Poweredge 2300 server with 2 x 9.1 GB hard drives, 64MB RAM. It has SCO (version 7, circa 1999) Unix loaded. I know next to nothing about Unix/Linux. I was going to use this as a box to learn Linux. Then eventually use it a production web server LAMP ( Linux, Apache PHP and MySQL). Advice on what to do with it? Stick with SCO or dump it for Linux? Do I need more RAM to run a light-weight production web server that will be database intensive? NotGiven wrote: > I was just given a Dell Poweredge 2300 server with 2 x 9.1 GB hard drives, > 64MB RAM. > It has SCO (version 7, circa 1999) Unix loaded. > > I know next to nothing about Unix/Linux. I was going to use this as a box > to learn Linux. Then eventually use it a production web server LAMP ( > Linux, Apache PHP and MySQL). > > Advice on what to do with it? Stick with SCO or dump it for Linux? I would dump SCO for a recent Linux distro. > > Do I need more RAM to run a light-weight production web server that will be > database intensive? I would spend $100 to add 512 MB of RAM. More is better. On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 08:07:50 -0500, NotGiven wrote: > > Advice on what to do with it? Stick with SCO or dump it for Linux? Linux, of course. I'd go with debian for a server. > > Do I need more RAM to run a light-weight production web server that will be > database intensive? Databases want RAM. at 64MB, your database will be unusably slo...

given 5-year old Dell Poweredge 2300 server, SCO Unix, 2x9GB hDD
I was just given a Dell Poweredge 2300 server with 2 x 9.1 GB hard drives. It has SCO (version 7, circa 1999) Unix loaded. I know next to nothing about Unix/Linux. I was going to use this as a box to learn Linux. Then eventually use it a production web server LAMP ( Linux, Apache PHP and MySQL). I don't know how much RAM it has - physically, it has one stick of RAM. Advice on what to do with it? Stick with SCO or dump it for Linux? On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 11:22:06 -0500 "NotGiven" <noname@nonegiven.net> wrote: > I was just given a Dell Poweredge ...

Printing issues with SCO UNIX v6.0.0 vs v5.0.7 and prior
>I have a custom database application, written in CADOL, that previously worked FLAWLESSLY on versions of SCO, prior to v6.0.0 . It doesn't matter if I print directly to the HW port or via the spooler, the job either never finishes or doesn't print at all. Jobs via the spooler, are actually worse than direct to port. I have included the ENV variables we use and also more info below. The ENV variables that are set up in the > .profile. > > DEV1=/usr/propac/printfile; export DEV1 > DEV2=/dev/tty1a; export DEV2 > PRINTER1=C0L0hplaser; export PRINTER1 > PRINTER2=C0L0STD1096; export PRINTER2 > hplaser=SPOOL; export hplaser > STD1096=022; export STD1096 > STD1096_I=0002000; export STD1096_I > STD1096_O=; export STD1096_O > STD1096_C=004075; export STD1096_C > STD1096_L=; export STD1096_L > > These above statements set up 2 printers in our application. The > first is a networked Laser printer and the 2nd is a serial printer > hooked up to port tty1a, running 9600 baud with xon/xoff protocol. > In the application(character based), the user selects printer #1 or > #2 and off to the printer the job goes. Also, the hplaser printer is > defined and configured in the spooler using the scoadmin printers >...

/var/opt/K/SCO/Unix/5.0.4Eb/usr/adm/syslog missing
I just found that my /var/opt/K/SCO/Unix/5.0.4Eb/usr/adm/syslog file has been missing with no reasons. I maybe because of that I have some errors in HDD. How do I check if the log daemon is running correctly? Thanks, Chalawal "Chalawal Maliwan" <chalawal@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:98cf9888.0503270745.1eae70af@posting.google.com... > I just found that my /var/opt/K/SCO/Unix/5.0.4Eb/usr/adm/syslog > file has been missing with no reasons. I maybe because of that I have > some errors in HDD. How do I check if the log daemon is running > correctly? > > Thanks, > Chalawal If your getting HD errors, then it is not because of the missing 'syslog' file. It's more likely the missing file is the 'result of' the HD errors. That file simply acts as a receptacle for vaious system messages. You can try re-creating it with - ' > syslog' from within it's home directory, then try re-booting. You must be logged in as root to do this. I would certainly make sure I have a good, verified backup of everything that's important before doing anything. If you have HDD errors, things can go from bad to worse, and you certainly want to be able to recover. Good luck. Thanks, I will have to make a backup soon. It's got superblock and inode errors. The screen runs all the time with those messages. Chalawal "J P" <piperent@swbell.net> wrote in message news:<GpB1e.3510$oy3.11@newssvr3...

REmote printer setup SCO 5.0.5
I have a printer using a built in print server with internal IP address (192.168.2.21) over a remote network and then I assigned on the remote router that IP address in the DMZ so it's open to the public with an IP address like 64.64.2.2 that could be reached over the internet. How do I have to setup in my SCO box to be able to print to that internet printer with IP address of 64.64.2.2 ? I noticed that SCO's remote printing capability requires a remote sco box doing the print server function. Thanks On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 16:20:12 GMT, "Enrique Arredondo" <atk@sbcglobal.net> wrote: >I have a printer using a built in print server with internal IP address >(192.168.2.21) over a remote network and then I assigned on the remote >router that IP address in the DMZ so it's open to the public with an IP >address like 64.64.2.2 that could be reached over the internet. > >How do I have to setup in my SCO box to be able to print to that internet >printer with IP address of 64.64.2.2 ? I noticed that SCO's remote printing >capability requires a remote sco box doing the print server function. > >Thanks > Unless I'm missing something here (or you are not supplying all of the information), you don't need to do anything with DMZ on the router. Do the users at the remote already have access to the SCO system? Assuming 'yes' to the above, have a look at http://aplawrence.com/SCOFAQ/scotec7.html#installhpprin...

Java 1.5 on SCO 5.0.6
Hi, I am trying to get some java programs running on my SCO systems - but they are written for java 1.5 and I can't find any files higher than java 1.3 for 5.0.6. I have tried installing the java 1.5 VOL files for OSR6, and they install through custom alright, but I am getting an error when I try to run 'java' # java -version dynamic linker : java : could not open /usr/lib/libthread.so.1 Killed Can anyone help either get the OSR6 version working on 5.0.6 or does anyone know if there is a version for 5.0.6 Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks, Keith On 13 Jul, 16:17, crym...@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > I am trying to get some java programs running on my SCO systems - but > they are written for java 1.5 and I can't find any files higher than > java 1.3 for 5.0.6. > > I have tried installing the java 1.5 VOL files for OSR6, and they > install through custom alright, but I am getting an error when I try > to run 'java' > > # java -version > dynamic linker : java : could not open /usr/lib/libthread.so.1 > Killed > > Can anyone help either get the OSR6 version working on 5.0.6 or does > anyone know if there is a version for 5.0.6 > > Any help would be much appreciated. > > Thanks, > > Keith Keith, Unfortunately Java 1.5 is not supported and will not run on OpenServer 5.0.6. If you want to run Java 1.5 programs you will need to upgrade to OpenServer 6.0.0. John On 17 Jul, 08:...

Web resources about - SCO unix 5.0.6 web services setup - comp.unix.sco.misc

United States Department of Health and Human Services - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The United States Department of Health and Human Services ( HHS ) is a Cabinet department of the United States government with the goal of protecting ...

Emergency services head to Mount Macedon after reports of dog attack
A man in his 60s has been taken to the Western Hospital after being attacked by a dog in Mount Macedon.

Europe's security services in the gun over failure to apprehend master bombmaker
Europe's security ministers are to hold an emergency meeting as questions multiply over the failure to pre-empt the Brussels bombers.

Emergency services head to Mount Macedon after reports of dog attack
... to the Western Hospital after being attacked by a dog in Mount Macedon. Ambulance Victoria spokeswoman Amelia Harris said emergency services ...

Consumer Protection reveals WA's most complained about products and services
... customers lodged an average of 32 complaints a day with Consumer Protection in 2015, with the top five most complained about products and services ...

Consumer Protection reveals WA's most complained about products and services
... customers lodged an average of 32 complaints a day with Consumer Protection in 2015, with the top five most complained about products and services ...

Bob Woodruff Honored with NAB Distinguished Service Award
... Bob Schieffer , Mary Tyler Moore , Edward R. Murrow , Oprah Winfrey and President Ronald Reagan , when he receives the NAB Distinguished Service ...

Sprint will refund you if you’re not happy with its service in the first 30 days
... and newly-added lines, and covers any down payments or installments paid if you purchased a device, as well as any activation and service fees ...

Ex-CIA director: EU 'gets in way' of security services
A former CIA director says the EU "in some ways gets in the way" of security services, as the debate over whether the UK would be safer in or ...

Google Maps for iOS adds taxi services to route options
Less than a month after its last update, Google has rolled out Google Maps for iOS 4.17. The big news here is the addition of taxi services when ...