Sendmail 8.12.x or above on SCO Open Server 5.0.6

Hi,

Has anyone successfully built a recent(ish) version of Sendmail on
SCO Open Server 5.0.6. I'm specifically needing Sendmail that
supports authentication when acting as a client (basically pointing
at my ISP mail server).

Cheers,

Stuart.
0
stuart1 (260)

"Stuart Marshall" <stuart@spidersoft.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Has anyone successfully built a recent(ish) version of Sendmail on
> SCO Open Server 5.0.6. I'm specifically needing Sendmail that
> supports authentication when acting as a client (basically pointing
> at my ISP mail server).
>
> Cheers,
>
> Stuart.

The last time I tried to get Sendmail to do authentication on OpenServer I
had to give up because it wants SASL to work, and it won't (see TA#125764).
However, I do successfully use msmtp (http://msmtp.sourceforge.net/) to do
what you describe.  It (I think) will only support "plain" authentication on
SCO, but that it is probably good enough for most ISP mail servers.

Richard Seeder

0
aapex (65)
5/12/2006 2:43:55 PM
0
gerberb (221)

SCO Open Server 5.0.6 versus 5.0.4
Hi, Anybody can point me to info or can state if there is a performance improvement from running 5.0.6 versus 5.0.4. Application is database access centered. Regards, Marian news wrote: > Hi, > Anybody can point me to info or can state if there is a performance > improvement from running 5.0.6 versus 5.0.4. Application is database access > centered. I don't think you are going to get a useful answer. Let's assume that I could authoritatively say that 5.0.6 has performance related improvements over .4 in certain areas. I can't recall if it does or doesn't, but the release notes would surely mention any. But so what? What does that say about YOUR application? Do we know where its performance issuees are now? Nope. We could assume it's probably disk bound, because that's a pretty safe assumption most any time, but even if true, what have you done for better or worse in that regard already? Maybe this is an Oracle database and you have it running on a RAID 5 system. As that's usually going to be a bad idea, you could gain nothing even if 5.0.6 did otherwise provide features that would otherwise improve your lot. Maybe you have the whole thing improperly tuned. Maybe you have it so perfectly tuned that an upgrade would make it worse because everything is so critically balanced to what you have now.. There are plenty of good reasons to upgrade to 5.0.6/7. If that's what you are lookimg for (a reason to sell the idea to ...

NFS SCo 5.0.5 with SCO 6.0.0
Hi everybody, I have a folder on SCO 5.0.5 server shared through NFS with a new SCO 6.0.0 with MP2 server (converted from a SCO 5.0.6 version). Before conversion file locks (over network) on this folder works well (eg from server SCO 5.0.6 I was able to see locks generated from SCO 5.0.5 box and viceversa), now with SCO 6.0.0 does not work ! I see that on SCO 6.0.0 the lockd daemon is active .. so it should work ... Please can you help me ? Thanks Cuffiette ...

problem building sendmail 8.12.10 on SCO OS 5.0.5
I'm trying to build the latest 8.12.10 on my SCO OS 5.0.5. I am faced with the following error. Not sure how to resolve it. Thanks. # sh Build -I/usr/include -L/usr/lib Making all in: /usr/local/sendmail-8.12.10/libsm Configuration: pfx=, os=SCO, rel=5.0.5, rbase=5, rroot=5.0, arch=i386, sfx=, var iant=optimized Making in /usr/local/sendmail-8.12.10/obj.SCO.5.0.5.i386/libsm cc -b elf -O -I. -I../../include -DMAP_REGEX -DNDBM -c rpool.c rpool.c rpool.c(32) : error C2057: expected constant expression *** Error code 1 *** Error code 1 ~Lars -- Aalborg Instruments Orangeburg, New York http://www.aalborg.com ...

error while installing on-board NIC on Proliant 1600 server in SCO Open Server 5.0.5
dear all, While installing the EFS, when I configure the TCP/IP then i get the messages while relinking the kernel. i encountered the message when after installing the Advanced File and Print Server in SCO Open Server 5 i rebooted the server Compaq Proliant 1600 i get the message /dev/nbcots: invalid transport provider name /dev/netbeui: invalid transport provider name this problem prevents me from printing thru UNIX on windows pcs. i m not able to print on printers attached to windows pcs. one another message also occurs while relinking kernel: /etc/conf/bin/idmknod: driver ida not a ch...

Looking for precompiled 'rsync" for SCO 5.0.5, 5.0.6 and 5.0.7
I was recommended to use 'rsync' for multi-site transfers. But I have come to find that "rsync" does not exist already in OpenServer 5.0.5, 5.0.6 and 5.0.7. You can only get the "source" files which you "must" compile in order to create the "rsync." These seems to require that you compile these on every level of OpenServer you need. Where / how can I get the 'rsync' binaries already compiled for the levels I need? smlunatick typed (on Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 11:10:53AM -0700): | I was recommended to use 'rsync' for multi-site transfers. But I have | come to find that "rsync" does not exist already in OpenServer 5.0.5, | 5.0.6 and 5.0.7. You can only get the "source" files which you "must" | compile in order to create the "rsync." These seems to require that | you compile these on every level of OpenServer you need. | | Where / how can I get the 'rsync' binaries already compiled for the | levels I need? Get a binary for OSR 5.0.7, and with oss646c, it should run on 5.0.4, 5.0.5, and 5.0.6. Binary afavilable on Brian White's page at www.aljex.com/bkw. -- JP On Aug 18, 7:37=A0pm, Jean-Pierre Radley <j...@jpr.com> wrote: > smlunatick typed (on Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 11:10:53AM -0700): > | I was recommended to use 'rsync' for multi-site transfers. =A0But I hav= e > | come to find that "rsync" does not exist already in OpenSer...

Trying to compile putty-0.60 on SCO UNIX 5.0.7 with GCC and SCO Dev
I am trying to compile putty downloaded from http://linux.softpedia.com/progDownload/PuTTY-Download-347.html but get the error below. gcc -g -O2 -Wall -Werror -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DHAVE_X11 -DHAVE_X -DSYSV -Di386 -DS CO325 -D__SCO__ -DHAVE_XAW -DHAVE_SHAPE_EXT -DHAVE_SHAPE -DHAVE_SHM_EXT -DHAVE_X SHM -DHAVE_XCONVERTCASE -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr /include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/gl ib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/X11R6/include -I.././ -I../charset/ -I../windows/ -I../unix/ -I../mac/ -I../macosx/ -c ../ proxy.c cc1: warnings being treated as errors .../proxy.c: In function `proxy_for_destination': .../proxy.c:315: warning: implicit declaration of function `strncasecmp' gmake: *** [proxy.o] Error 1 # My programming skill level tops out at ./configure and make. Searching for instances of strncasecmp in the putty working directory shows: /tmp/putty-0.60/unix # cd .. # find . -type f -print | xargs grep strncasecmp | less ../mac/stricmp.c:#define strncasecmp strnicmp ../mac/stricmp.c:strncasecmp(s1, s2, n) ../unix/unix.h:#define strnicmp strncasecmp (END) In unix/unix.h: #define DEFAULT_CODEPAGE 0xFFFF #define CP_UTF8 CS_UTF8 /* from libcharset */ #define strnicmp strncasecmp #define stricmp strcasecmp /* BSD-semantics version of signal(), and another helpful function */ void (*putty_signal(int sig, void (*func)(int)))(int); void block_si...

SCO 5.0.5 vs. 6.0
I'm having a new server built: SuperMicro P4SC8 Mother Board Intel P4 3.0Ghz 800 FSB 1GB CPU 73GB 10K 80 PIN SCSI Drive Sony 20/40GB DAT Drive SDT11000/BN DDS4 Adaptec 2010S Card for Mirroring Comtrol Rockport Card 99126-7 Is there any reason I should update my current version of SCO 5.0.5? Frank The following article is a recommendation from SCO when using P4 http://www.sco.com/ta/115963 "FrankS" <fshank@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:CqT_f.65026$H71.37215@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com... > I'm having a new server built: > > SuperMicro P4SC8 Mother Board > Intel P4 3.0Ghz 800 FSB 1GB CPU > 73GB 10K 80 PIN SCSI Drive > Sony 20/40GB DAT Drive SDT11000/BN DDS4 > > Adaptec 2010S Card for Mirroring > > Comtrol Rockport Card 99126-7 > > > > Is there any reason I should update my current version of SCO 5.0.5? > > > > Frank > > > > > > FrankS wrote: > I'm having a new server built: > > SuperMicro P4SC8 Mother Board > Intel P4 3.0Ghz 800 FSB 1GB CPU > 73GB 10K 80 PIN SCSI Drive > Sony 20/40GB DAT Drive SDT11000/BN DDS4 > > Adaptec 2010S Card for Mirroring > > Comtrol Rockport Card 99126-7 > > > > Is there any reason I should update my current version of SCO 5.0.5? Frank, OpenServer 5.0.5 is a retired product and is no longer generally supported by SCO. OpenServer 5.0.5 is not designed to work on P4 systems and y...

SCO OpenServe 6.0.0 Filesystem MUCH Faster Than 5.0.6
The speed of the SCO OpenServer 6.0.0 filesystem is quite noticeably faster than I enjoyed on OpenServer 5.0.6. How do I know? I donno, but it feels and seems so. I didn't expect this, so I didn't make these tests while still on 5.0.6, but I KNOW I have a lot more files and directories on 6.0.0 than I did on 5.0.6. The Verify of my Last Master Backup shows what is on my systen: 255191 files were encountered 167 files were excluded 9 files were not checked because the hard disk file had been modified by a program since it was backed up 2 files were not checked for various reasons 28870 special files (links, directories, devices, etc.) 226143 files verified successfully Master Backups using LONE-TAR(tm) to DVD+RW media ran at about 70-75 MB/min on OSR 5.0.6 but run at 175+ MB/min on 6.0.0, and if I turn off compression run at 260+ MB/min. To see how long it takes to search for a non-existant file: [trebor] ~: time find . -name XPMNYTRE real 0m58.59s user 0m1.72s sys 0m10.96s And to see how many directories had to be read: [trebor] ~: find . -type d | wc -l 23745 Bob -- Bob Stockler +-+ bob@trebor.iglou.com +-+ http://members.iglou.com/trebor Author: MENU EDIT II - The BEST Creator/Editor/Manager for filePro User Menus. Fully functional (time-limited) demos available by email request (specify OS). On Fri, Nov 25, 2005 at 11:01:36AM -0500, Bob Stockler wrote: > The speed of the SCO ...

SCO 5.0.5/5.0.6 bios clock, time zone and synching
Hi All, Does SCO expect the BIOS clock to be set to UTC? Ive got a few SCO boxen spread across a couple of time zones and at the moment, the bios clocks in the servers are set to localtime not UTC. The timezone settings in SCO Admin are also wrong. I was under the impression *nix always expects the BIOS clock to be set to UTC and then the timezone settings in SCO tell the OS what the local time is. This does not seem to be the case for me. On a testing box, Ive set the BIOS clock to UTC, set the correct timezone in scoadmin but the date command in a root shell still gives the wrong time. E...

Dell Server for SCO 5.0.6
I'm looking to replace my Dell server for OSR 5.0.6. I find that none of the current Dell tower server models are officially approved for OSR 5.0.6, but the PowerEdge 840 is certified for OSR 5.0.7. Anyone running 5.0.6 on the PowerEdge 840? Thanks, --Ray On Fri, Apr 24, 2009, RWP wrote: >I'm looking to replace my Dell server for OSR 5.0.6. I find that none >of the current Dell tower server models are officially approved for >OSR 5.0.6, but the PowerEdge 840 is certified for OSR 5.0.7. Anyone >running 5.0.6 on the PowerEdge 840? We are running SCO 5.0.6a in VMware virtual machines which pretty much eliminates hardware compatibility issues. Generally we install this on the Latest & Greatest verions of CentOS Linux. The resulting system is significantly faster in the VM than it was when running on the previous hardware, which makes sense as current hardware is significantly faster than whatever was available when 5.0.6 was originally installed. Our primary OSR development system, which also runs my ancient accounting software, is running on a Supermicro box with 4GB RAM, and dual Opterons. The SCO VM has 1.5GB RAM allocated, which is more than it was running native. Bill -- INTERNET: bill@celestial.com Bill Campbell; Celestial Software LLC URL: http://www.celestial.com/ PO Box 820; 6641 E. Mercer Way Voice: (206) 236-1676 Mercer Island, WA 98040-0820 Fax: (206) 232-9186 Skype: jwccsllc (206) 855-5792 Independent self-re...

FAXing from SCO Unix 5.0.6
I'm supporting a SCO Unix 5.0.6 machine. I don't want to spend $1700 on a "fax server solution". Instead, I'm looking for a fax modem for which there are drivers for SCO or generic enough for Unix in general. I also need "fax software" to enable the whole endeavor. All I'm attempting is what is done quite readily in Windows: print to a psuedo-driver which, in turn, invokes the fax s/w that solicits the phone number to fax to and any other required info. I don't need all kinds of fancy options like choices for cover pages, etc. The application used by my client is strictly text-based - no GUI. Any advice for public-domain - or inexpensive - software to accomplish this is much appreciated. Regards, David On Fri, Apr 18, 2008, David wrote: >I'm supporting a SCO Unix 5.0.6 machine. I don't want to spend $1700 on >a "fax server solution". Instead, I'm looking for a fax modem for which >there are drivers for SCO or generic enough for Unix in general. I also >need "fax software" to enable the whole endeavor. > >All I'm attempting is what is done quite readily in Windows: print to a >psuedo-driver which, in turn, invokes the fax s/w that solicits the >phone number to fax to and any other required info. I don't need all >kinds of fancy options like choices for cover pages, etc. The >application used by my client is strictly text-based - no GUI. &g...

SCO Unix 5.0.6, errors
Hi, I am getting the error(s); HTFS: Inode 11915 on HTFS dev hd (1/43) has bad type 000000000000 HTFS: I/O failure occured accessing logical block 477364230 on HTFS dev hd (1/43) and then the system shuts down. Is there any way to fix these? We have done the command 'unix auto' at the Boot: prompt and it goes through its file system checks and appears to correct some problems. We have had some corruption on the database but were able to fix the problems. Our next plan of action is to clone the drive, but if anyone has any other suggestions for a way to fix this issue I would appreciate it. Lori Calkins It would help if you'd provided disk information, such as how many partitions. I'm guessing from what you provided that the problem is on the root partition. By default 5.0.6 doesn't check the root file system on an auto boot. What you're seeing is the file system checks on the rest of the partitions. When you get the Boot: prompt just press enter. Eventually you'll be prompted for the root password to enter maintenance mode. Do that. Then type fsck / Ray Robert Three Star Software Lori wrote: > Hi, > I am getting the error(s); > > HTFS: Inode 11915 on HTFS dev hd (1/43) has bad type 000000000000 > HTFS: I/O failure occured accessing logical block 477364230 on HTFS dev > hd (1/43) > > and then the system shuts down. > > Is there any way to fix these? We have done the command 'unix auto' at >...

Sco OpenServer upgrading 5.0.6 to 5.0.7
I need some help. I need to upgrade my Sco O.S.506 to 507 and told me that I need to reinstall all the operative system and not the upgrading of it. Is it true ? Thanks in advance and excuse me if before someone alredy answered this query but I do not find anything about this matter bye Roberto Pineapple typed (on Wed, Apr 07, 2004 at 01:39:46PM +0200): | I need some help. | I need to upgrade my Sco O.S.506 to 507 and told me that I need to reinstall | all the operative system and not the upgrading of it. | Is it true ? No. | Thanks in advance and excuse me if before someone alredy answered this query | but I do not find anything about this matter While In-Place Upgrades do now work considerably better than they did a few years ago, I *still* counsel against them. Use my savefiles script, make good backups, and then a fresh install. -- JP "Pineapple" <roberquaNO@SPAMvirgilio.it> wrote in message news:<c50pa5$vri$1@newsreader.mailgate.org>... > I need some help. > I need to upgrade my Sco O.S.506 to 507 and told me that I need to reinstall > all the operative system and not the upgrading of it. > Is it true ? > Thanks in advance and excuse me if before someone alredy answered this query > but I do not find anything about this matter > > bye > Roberto I had same problem, and I was unable to upgrade . Only fresh reinstall was Ok. Pineapple <roberquaNO@spamvirgilio.it> wrote: >I need some help. >I need to...

How to install LDAP server on SCO 5.0.6
I want to install LDAP ( http://www.gracion.com/server/whatldap.html ) on my sco box, Is there a installation guide for SCO ? Thanks E Arredondo wrote: > I want to install LDAP ( http://www.gracion.com/server/whatldap.html ) on my > sco box, Is there a installation guide for SCO ? > > Thanks > > Sure thing.. http://aplawrence.com/Unixart/ldap.html -- Tony Lawrence Unix/Linux/Mac OS X resources: http://aplawrence.com "Tony Lawrence" <foo@pcunix.com> wrote in message news:mIOdndGAeYyuWOrfRVn-vg@comcast.com... >E Arredondo wrote: >> I want to install LDAP ( http://www.gracion.com/server/whatldap.html ) on >> my sco box, Is there a installation guide for SCO ? >> >> Thanks >> >> > > Sure thing.. > > > http://aplawrence.com/Unixart/ldap.html > > > -- > Tony Lawrence > Unix/Linux/Mac OS X resources: http://aplawrence.com Thank you so much ! ...

SCO unix 5.0.6 web services setup
I need to install the "web services" deal on my unix box so that when a customer sends me requests with SOAP or XML my system accepts the call on the specific port. Is there a process to do that ? I'm currently running netscape fastract as a web server, I heard I need apache + axis , Are there other options to setup the web services ? thanks Where can I get this new Web Service from SCO ? Is it under their ftp site or I have to pay for it ? http://www.crn.com/sections/breakingnews/dailyarchives.jhtml;jsessionid=ERBHJ1BYLZ3IUQSNDBGCKH0CJUMEKJVN?articleId=18824984&_requestid=1614593 In spite of the legal circus engulfing The SCO Group--and lingering concerns about the Unix company's future--top executives took the opportunity at the company's annual partner conference in Las Vegas to outline SCO's new Internet and Web services offerings and assert its intent to stay in business. At SCO Forum 2003, SCO announced the delivery of key component of its SCOx Web services initiative--SCOx WebFace Solution Suite 4.0--as well as the SCOsms Web Services API and SCObiz Web Services APIs. The company's SCOx direction and Web services API plans were unveiled last April. The enhanced suite and new APIs, designed to enable partners and customers to migrate legacy Unix applications to a services-oriented architecture, consists of the WebFace Browser Application Platform and WebFace Studio development platform. SCO's Web servic...

ncftpput 3.1.8 on SCO 5.0.6
Has anyone been able to compile nctfp shell utilities on OpenServer dev kit? I am trying to get the latest version compiled but keep getting unresolved externals from resolv.h? Murray Hooper typed (on Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 08:22:26PM +0000): | Has anyone been able to compile nctfp shell utilities on OpenServer dev kit? | I am trying to get the latest version compiled but keep getting unresolved | externals from resolv.h? I've compiled ncftp, several different versions, on OSR 5. I usually use gcc. But what are the "ncftp shell utilities"? -- JP "Jean-Pierre Radley" <jpr@jpr.com> wrote in message news:20040713205558.GF16486@jpradley.jpr.com... > Murray Hooper typed (on Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 08:22:26PM +0000): > | Has anyone been able to compile nctfp shell utilities on OpenServer dev kit? > | I am trying to get the latest version compiled but keep getting unresolved > | externals from resolv.h? > > I've compiled ncftp, several different versions, on OSR 5. I usually use > gcc. > > But what are the "ncftp shell utilities"? ncftp ncftpput ncftpget ncftpls ncftpbatch ncftpbookmarks ... *shrug* "Stuart J. Browne" <stuart@promed.com.au> wrote in message news:40f488a3$1@dnews.tpgi.com.au... > > "Jean-Pierre Radley" <jpr@jpr.com> wrote in message > news:20040713205558.GF16486@jpradley.jpr.com... > > Murray Hooper typed (on Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 08:22:26P...

SCO OSE 6.0 and Sendmail 8.13.3
Has anyone had any luck with configuring OSE 6.0 with sendmail 8.13.3 to authenticate with your provider's smart mail relay host.? I have tried everything, with help from forums from RedHat,Suse, OpenBSD, etc. It looks simple, but I can NOT get sendmail to do the login. It just seems to skip it., even though I'm pretty sure it's configured to do it. Anyone with any insight on this? Thanks in advance, Ken <uctken@aol.com> wrote in message news:1162842621.075667.153710@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Has anyone had any luck with configuring OSE 6.0 with sendmail 8.13.3 > to > authenticate with your provider's smart mail relay host.? > > I have tried everything, with help from forums from RedHat,Suse, > OpenBSD, etc. > It looks simple, but I can NOT get sendmail to do the login. > It just seems to skip it., even though I'm pretty sure it's configured > to do it. > > Anyone with any insight on this? > > Thanks in advance, > Ken I believe I was able to make a smart mail relay host work on OSR6 with the following direct modifications to /etc/mail/sendmail.cf : (modified "<" line 1st, original ">" line 2nd) 1. # "Smart" relay host (may be null) DSsmtp.snet.yahoo.com 2. 507c507 < O AuthMechanisms=LOGIN PLAIN EXTERNAL GSSAPI KERBEROS_V4 DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5 --- > #O AuthMechanisms=EXTERNAL GSSAPI KERBEROS_V4 DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5 3. 513c513 < O DefaultAuthInf...

Problems with SCO 5.0.6 and Informix 7.12 (long)
Hi everybody. I'd like to share with the groups a problem a customer of ours is facing on a 5.0.6 box with an old Informix 7.12 database (operating on a RAW partition). I apologize in advance for the length of the message but I'd like to provide you with all the info I gathered. First of all, here are the details of the OS: SCO OS 5.0.6 + SMP + RS506A + OSS648A + OSS651A + OSS644B + OSS650A. The box is an IBM Server xSeries 255 (8685-C1X) with an IBM CONTROLLER ServeRAID-6M (drivers v 7.10); the disks are arranged in a RAID-5 array (HW driven). This box is a dual Xeon 3.2 Ghz box with 4GB of RAM. This server hosts approx 350 users with an account package written in 4GL. Approx once or twice a day, the database server (namely, a couple of instances of "oninit") ends up taking approx 99% of the CPU usage so forcing the administrator to manually "kill" (-9) these processes and issue an "oninit" to get the engine back to work. One way to trigger the hang is the parallel execution of a HUGE query (which handles several MILLIONS records); as soon as the operation starts, "sar -U" reports an high %wio value but the system does not slow too much. After approx 30 to 40 minutes after, the HD lights (which were pretty "wild" during the query) return to a more normal flashing and the above oninit instances are frozen. I have to say that the OS continues to operate fine; in fact, customers are able to telnet into it witho...

Compatibility between Forms 6.0.8, client 8.0.6 and Server 10.2.0.2?
I'm using Server side: Oracle server 10.2.0.2 (Windows Server 2003) Client side (Windows XP SP2): Net 8 client: 8.0.6.3.2c SQL Plus: 8.0.6.0.0 Application: Forms Runtime: 6.0.8.25.0 Reports Runtime: 6.0.8.25.0 Graphics Runtime: 6.0.8.17.1 Will my client 8.0.6 work properly with 10.2.0.2 server? I tried it, and it seems to work fine, but I'm afraid of some compatibility problems that might come up. It should go in the production in the next 2-3 days, so I don't have enough time for testing. Can I use newer version of client to work with Forms 6i? If so, witch one? I've tried 10.2 client and my Runtimes didn't want to connect to the Server. Tnx for help "Vigor" <igorv@euro-tera.hr> wrote in news:dvrtl6$cuv$1@sunce.iskon.hr: > I'm using > > > > Server side: > > Oracle server 10.2.0.2 (Windows Server 2003) > > > > Client side (Windows XP SP2): > > Net 8 client: 8.0.6.3.2c > > SQL Plus: 8.0.6.0.0 > > > > Application: > > Forms Runtime: 6.0.8.25.0 > > Reports Runtime: 6.0.8.25.0 > > Graphics Runtime: 6.0.8.17.1 > > > > > > Will my client 8.0.6 work properly with 10.2.0.2 server? I tried it, > and it seems to work fine, but I'm afraid of some compatibility > problems that might come up. It should go in the ...

Compatibility between Forms 6.0.8, client 8.0.6 and Server 10.2.0.2?
I'm using Server side: Oracle server 10.2.0.2 (Windows Server 2003) Client side (Windows XP SP2): Net 8 client: 8.0.6.3.2c SQL Plus: 8.0.6.0.0 Application: Forms Runtime: 6.0.8.25.0 Reports Runtime: 6.0.8.25.0 Graphics Runtime: 6.0.8.17.1 Will my client 8.0.6 work properly with 10.2.0.2 server? I tried it, and it seems to work fine, but I'm afraid of some compatibility problems that might come up. It should go in the production in the next 2-3 days, so I don't have enough time for testing. Can I use newer version of client to work with Forms 6i? If so, witch one? I've tried 10.2 client and my Runtimes didn't want to connect to the Server. Tnx for help I know the server based version of Oracle Forms 6i when fully patched is certified to work with version 10gR1. Being the product is obsolete it will never be certified to work with version 10gR2. We run server based Forms 6i and plan to attempt to upgrade to 10gR2, We managed to recompile and link all our Forms, Report Writer, and Pro*c programs against 10.1.0.4 but we have not really tested them. Right now we are in a wait state due to resources, but once we get the time we plan to upgrade our 10gR1 test system to 10gR2 and give everything a go. Please post back with any incompatibilities you encounter or useful information you run accross. HTH -- Mark D Powell -- ...

SCO 5 / SCO 6 Drivers
What is the difference between drivers for ancient SCO OpenServer 5 and SCO 6? Is it at all possible to get an SCO 5 driver to run on SCO 6? (Source not available). I suspect I shouldn't touch this with a barge pole. On Thursday, January 2, 2014 7:00:20 PM UTC+1, roberth...@yahoo.com wrote: > What is the difference between drivers for ancient SCO OpenServer 5 and SCO 6? > > Is it at all possible to get an SCO 5 driver to run on SCO 6? (Source not available). > > I suspect I shouldn't touch this with a barge pole. I think that SCO OpenServer 5 was based on...

reboot (init 6) gets stuck on ibm x, sco 5.0.7
Hello, so I started working at a site with sco 5.0.7 running on ibm x-series box. I see when it needs to get rebooted it gets stuck during the shutdown. It starts the shutdown phase and then just gets stuck there. the users have been doing hard shutdowns by pressing power button to kill power to server, then starting it again. I'm sure this is NOT good for system. I saw on scoadmin that it's at maintenance level 3 or patch level 3. I saw 5 on the sco support site. Just wondering what (if anything) should I look at to fix this problem. It may just be corrupt from all the hard shutdowns. Thank you, Oskar On Oct 18, 9:16=A0pm, "/dev/null" <pheoni...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > so I started working at a site with sco 5.0.7 running on ibm x-series > box. > I see when it needs to get rebooted it gets stuck during the shutdown. > It starts the shutdown phase and then just gets stuck there. > > the users have been doing hard shutdowns by pressing power button to > kill power to server, then starting it again. =A0I'm sure this is NOT > good for system. > > I saw on scoadmin that it's at maintenance level 3 or patch level 3. > I saw 5 on the sco support site. > > Just wondering what (if anything) should I look at to fix this > problem. =A0It may just be corrupt from all the hard shutdowns. > > Thank you, > Oskar Back it up, switch it to a virtualization environmentn on VMWare, and run the har...

Printing on a DP-301P Print server SCO Unix OSR 5.0.7
How do a setup a printer that is on my local network with IP 192.168.2.17 ? The Unix server is on 192.168.2.7 on the same network. I tried "scoadmin" looking for something like "add tcp/ip printer" but no luck at all. So I'm thinking that I have to create a new port (i.e. /dev/lp192.168.2.17) so then I can assign a printer to it right ? Any help would be greatly appreciate it. Thanks Enrique "Enrique Arredondo" <atk@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:X77Qi.59349$YL5.31497@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net... > How do a setup a printer that is on my local network with IP 192.168.2.17 > ? The Unix server is on 192.168.2.7 on the same network. > > I tried "scoadmin" looking for something like "add tcp/ip printer" but no > luck at all. So I'm thinking that I have to create a new port (i.e. > /dev/lp192.168.2.17) so then I can assign a printer to it right ? > > Any help would be greatly appreciate it. > > Thanks > > Enrique > I can ping 192.168.2.17 ...here: /# ping 192.168.2.17 PING 192.168.2.17 (192.168.2.17): 56 data bytes 64 bytes from mylan17 (192.168.2.17): icmp_seq=0 ttl=255 time=2.522 ms 64 bytes from mylan17 (192.168.2.17): icmp_seq=1 ttl=255 time=1.086 ms 64 bytes from mylan17 (192.168.2.17): icmp_seq=2 ttl=255 time=1.283 ms 64 bytes from mylan17 (192.168.2.17): icmp_seq=3 ttl=255 time=1.330 ms 64 bytes from mylan17 (192.168.2.17): icmp_seq=4 ttl=255 time=1...

given 5-year old Dell Poweredge 2300 server, SCO Unix, 2x9GB hDD
I was just given a Dell Poweredge 2300 server with 2 x 9.1 GB hard drives, 64MB RAM. It has SCO (version 7, circa 1999) Unix loaded. I know next to nothing about Unix/Linux. I was going to use this as a box to learn Linux. Then eventually use it a production web server LAMP ( Linux, Apache PHP and MySQL). Advice on what to do with it? Stick with SCO or dump it for Linux? Do I need more RAM to run a light-weight production web server that will be database intensive? NotGiven wrote: > I was just given a Dell Poweredge 2300 server with 2 x 9.1 GB hard drives, > 64MB RAM. > It has SCO (version 7, circa 1999) Unix loaded. > > I know next to nothing about Unix/Linux. I was going to use this as a box > to learn Linux. Then eventually use it a production web server LAMP ( > Linux, Apache PHP and MySQL). > > Advice on what to do with it? Stick with SCO or dump it for Linux? I would dump SCO for a recent Linux distro. > > Do I need more RAM to run a light-weight production web server that will be > database intensive? I would spend $100 to add 512 MB of RAM. More is better. On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 08:07:50 -0500, NotGiven wrote: > > Advice on what to do with it? Stick with SCO or dump it for Linux? Linux, of course. I'd go with debian for a server. > > Do I need more RAM to run a light-weight production web server that will be > database intensive? Databases want RAM. at 64MB, your database will be unusably slo...

Web resources about - Sendmail 8.12.x or above on SCO Open Server 5.0.6 - comp.unix.sco.misc

Open Source - Sendmail.com
Sendmail partners include a host of leading companies who share a proven track record of developing and delivering complimentary email products ...

Sendmail - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the mail transfer agent. For the company, see Sendmail, Inc. . Sendmail is a general purpose internetwork email routing ...

Companies mobilize to patch Sendmail
... has security experts and software companies moving quickly to convince customers to apply a patch. A critical vulnerability in Sendmail, the ...

Sendmail hit by data interception flaw
Internet security researchers have discovered a serious flaw in versions of the widely-used Sendmail open-source e-mail software. The flaw could ...

Sendmail Adds Calendaring, Scheduling
E-mail server software developer Sendmail Inc. is branching out into groupware with the addition of its Calendar Server.

Sendmail Launches 'Rogue Email Application Control' Appliance
Sendmail this week announced the release of the Sentrion Rogue Email Application Control (REAC) appliance, a new offering designed to address ...

Another vulnerability found in Sendmail
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners . You can withdraw ...

Sendmail Hit by Data Interception Flaw - Slashdot
FreeBSD also has details in their security notification. Those guys are fast - if you want to have up to date info on security vulns., FreeBSD ...

Email Offline At the Home of Sendmail 179
... "The UC Berkeley email system has been either offline, or only providing limited access, for more than a week. How can the place where sendmail ...