UnixWare 7.1.4 UnixWare 7.1.3 : ppp buffer overflow

   iDEFENSE has identified a Buffer Overflow vulnerability in
   SCO Unixware ppp prompt. Local exploitation of a buffer
   overflow vulnerability in the ppp binary, allows attackers
   to gain root privileges.
   This could lead to the execution of arbitrary code with root
   privileges, as ppp is setuid root by default.

More:

       http://www.securityfocus.com/archive/1/414069

wookie5 (506)

VPN SCO unixware 7.1.3 or 7.1.4
Can anyone point me in the right direction as to setting up a vpn on unixware. Would like to use a basic linksys type router with vpn .. any help or direction would be appreciated "crayzeetrayn" <jpg@jdconsulting-usa.com> wrote in message news:1179533916.151937.241120@h2g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > Can anyone point me in the right direction as to setting up a vpn on > unixware. Would like to use a basic linksys type router with vpn .. > any help or direction would be appreciated The linksys worked fine for me. Have you read the accompanying help info in the linksys? The only caution that I can give you is use different subnets on each end. Ask specific questions here.... Ron On May 19, 12:46 pm, "Ronald Marchand" <r...@rojomar.com> wrote: > "crayzeetrayn" <j...@jdconsulting-usa.com> wrote in message > > news:1179533916.151937.241120@h2g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > > > Can anyone point me in the right direction as to setting up a vpn on > > unixware. Would like to use a basic linksys type router with vpn .. > > any help or direction would be appreciated > > The linksys worked fine for me. Have you read the accompanying help info in > the linksys? > The only caution that I can give you is use different subnets on each end. > Ask specific questions here.... > > Ron What linksys router did you use? "crayzeetrayn" <jpg@jdconsulting-usa.com>...

Giving away: Unixware 7.1.0, 7.1.1, 7.1.2 and 7.1.3 media, SDK and updates
I'm cleaning-up and need to give away or throw-out all my unixware media: 7.1.0 - 7.1.3, the software development kit and updates. I've already sold-off the licenses so this is the media only! Please respond to ftarz@mindspring.com if you are interested. You pay the shipping of your choice. ...

Audit of Unixware 2.1.3 and SCO 5.7.1.1 machines
Hi, I'm trying to perform an Audit of several Unixware 2.1.3 and SCO 5.7.1.1 (yes, really!) and I need to get the commands to grab all the info about the systems. This is things like number of disk controllers, disks, size of disks, amount of memory, CPUs, software installed, NICs, tape drives, volume groups (if approprate). Is there a bunch of commands somewhere that I can use to get all this info. I've been googling around, and looking through this group for some of the morning but I'm not having much luck. Have got all the commands / scripts for AIX, Solaris and HP-UX but not for SCO. Many thanks, Steve Button On 2 Aug 2005 04:06:58 -0700, "Steve Button" <steve0504@pointers-uk.net> wrote: >Hi, > >I'm trying to perform an Audit of several Unixware 2.1.3 and SCO >5.7.1.1 (yes, really!) and I need to get the commands to grab all the >info about the systems. This is things like number of disk controllers, >disks, size of disks, amount of memory, CPUs, software installed, NICs, >tape drives, volume groups (if approprate). > >Is there a bunch of commands somewhere that I can use to get all this >info. I've been googling around, and looking through this group for >some of the morning but I'm not having much luck. > Is version 5.7.1.1 UnixWare 7.1.1? I've never seen Unixware in any form, but on SCO OpenServer there is a command called "hw" which will detail most if not all of what y...

UnixWare 7.1.4 and MySQL-4.1.12 and 4.1.X downloads.
Hello, For any one that tried to download mysql-4.1.11 or mysql-4.12 for UnixWare 7.1.X I am sorry. I messed up the permissions. I placed the binaries on the ftp server but forgot to check the permissions on the files. I have now fixed them. Sorry for the inconvience. Please note that UnixWare 7.1.12 needs the Berkeley DB libraies found at ftp://ftp.zenez.com/pub/zenez/prgms/bdb-4-mysql-4.1.12-uw7.tar.gz These need to be gunzip, gmake install, and a LD_LIBRARY_PATH added to use them. An other option is once you have installed them you can create a link from them to /usr/lib/. This version does fail one test the KILL test. I have included the messages from the failure for you information. kill [ fail ] Errors are (from /home/mount/zensco/local/zenez/build/mysql-4.1.12/mysql-test/var/log/mysqltest-time) : /home/mount/zensco/local/zenez/build/mysql-4.1.12/client/.libs/mysqltest: At line 31: query 'select 1' succeeded - should have failed with errno 2006... /home/mount/zensco/local/zenez/build/mysql-4.1.12/client/.libs/mysqltest: At line 41: Result length mismatch (the last lines may be the most important ones) Below are the diffs between actual and expected results: ------------------------------------------------------- *** r/kill.result Fri May 13 15:04:03 2005 --- r/kill.reject Tue May 31 09:38:47 2005 *************** *** 6,12 **** 0 kill @id; select 1; - Got one of the listed errors select ((@id :=...

Re: Audit of Unixware 2.1.3 and SCO 5.7.1.1 machines (fwd)
On Tue, 2 Aug 2005, Steve Button wrote: > I'm trying to perform an Audit of several Unixware 2.1.3 and SCO > 5.7.1.1 (yes, really!) and I need to get the commands to grab all the > info about the systems. This is things like number of disk controllers, > disks, size of disks, amount of memory, CPUs, software installed, NICs, > tape drives, volume groups (if approprate). > > Is there a bunch of commands somewhere that I can use to get all this > info. I've been googling around, and looking through this group for > some of the morning but I'm not having much luck. > > Have got all the commands / scripts for AIX, Solaris and HP-UX but not > for SCO. Take a look at the UnixWare 7 FAQ at http://www.zenez.com/cgi-bin/ou8faq/faq How do I document my UW 7 System? (HW, SW...) http://www.zenez.com/tmp/ou8faqz/cache/248.html Good Luck, -- Boyd Gerber <gerberb@zenez.com> ZENEZ 1042 East Fort Union #135, Midvale Utah 84047 ...

how to install oracle 8.1.7 on unixware 7.1.1
hi, i like to know how to install oracle 8.1.7 on unixware 7.1.1? it need any patches?.if so mail me to--snaren_dba@yahoo.com -- Posted via http://dbforums.com I use oracle 817 on a unixware 711 with maintenance pack 3. I only had problems with tmp free space during installation, if you don't have a big tmp volume try to link Oracle install directory outside. Greetings. snaren_dba <member32299@dbforums.com> wrote in message news:<3143890.1058980488@dbforums.com>... > hi, > i like to know how to install oracle 8.1.7 on unixware 7.1.1? it need > a...

Problem:installing oracle 7.2.3 on unixware 7.1.1 error!!!!!!
I installing the oracle 7.2.3 on unixware 7.1.1 . What I do is following the install manual, ( 1.mount oracle cd-rom on /mnt directory 2.su - oracle oracle>mkdir $ORACLE_HOME/link oracle>/mnt/start.sh oracle>$ORACLE_HOME/link/orainst/orainst when the orainst intsaller ready to install the oracle to UNIX os,the erorr is FILE NOT FOUND..... but have some problems when running the orainst ...

building GCC 3.3.2 or 3.2.3 on Unixware 7.1.1
Has anybody done this successfully? I'm running into problems with the C++ library. AFAICT, the compiler is built ok (bootstrapping all succeeds), but the C++ library chokes. It seems to mostly be complaining about the 'volatile' keyword in pthread.h. I'm using binutils, btw. The ccs based build fails to bootstrap for me. Best regards, Brent Brent Eagles wrote: > Has anybody done this successfully? > > I'm running into problems with the C++ library. AFAICT, the compiler is > built ok (bootstrapping all succeeds), but the C++ library...

Looking for GCC 3.3.2 on Unixware 7.1.1
I need to install GCC 3.3.3 on our Unixware 7.1.1 server and the quickest way would be to install a package. I have had google, but not found anything. I have downloaded the source, but need to upgrade my binutils first - all being time consuming. Does anyone know where I could get such a package? Even a package for a recent version of binutils would be appreciated as compiling 2.14 is proving "interesting" at the moment. Any help appreciated. JR Julian Regel <news@NOSPAMwhite-tower.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:<pan.2004.09.18.14.46.03.568974@NOSPAMwhit...

PPP problem with RH 7.1 updated with ppp-2.4.1-3
I am trying to get a ppp server running, but it is giving me some grief. I am running RH 7.1 and after a lot of fiddling, i found out that the ppp that comes with that version is broken and so updated to ppp-2.4.1-3 which is supposed to work. When I dial up (using winXP) it authenticates but immediately drops the connection (so the symptoms are the same as when using the faulty ppp ). the messages log says: .. .. user tobias logged in LCP terminated by peer (and then some garbage) Hangup (SIGHUP) Modem hangup .. .. and a little further down there are some DHCP requests So what gives? WinXP says that the remote server could not assign an IP address. I have in the /etc/ppp/options.ttyQ1a1 the following: #the beginning 192.168.10.1: #the end And as far as I understood this should give the glient a dynamic address. I have DHCP set up correctly (AFAIK). The server has two nic's one with public ip (196.x.x.x)and one with private ip (192.168.x.x) Any suggestions, or references to good online documentation would be great. I have read the ppp-howto but it doesn't address my problem really. Thanks in advance. PS: I have to run RH 7.1 for specific reasons (not because I enjoy using old software!) Tobias Skytte Tobias Skytte <tobias@itservices.co.mz> wrote: > I am trying to get a ppp server running, but it is giving me some > grief. > I am running RH 7.1 and after a lot of fiddling, i found out that the > ppp that comes with that version is broken and s...

verifiing 8.1.7.4.1 upgrade to 8.1.7.4.x
I have upgraded our test 8.1.7.4.1 database to 8.1.7.4.13. I would like to verify this fact. In the readme it does state that all the products will not display the version number 8.1.7.4.13, because it's a cummulative patch. I would like to see at least one file with the version number greater than 8.1.7.4.1 querying the database, v$instance still yields 8.1.7.4.1 Any ideas? thanks Try (might need as SYS) column comp_name format a35 column status format a20 column version format a11 select comp_name, status, substr(version,1,10) as version from dba_registry order by comp_name; HTH tED "Ivette Dumois" <ivettedumois@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:654ecf81.0404151414.267764e3@posting.google.com... > I have upgraded our test 8.1.7.4.1 database to 8.1.7.4.13. I would > like to verify this fact. > > In the readme it does state that all the products will not display the > version number 8.1.7.4.13, because it's a cummulative patch. > > I would like to see at least one file with the version number greater > than 8.1.7.4.1 > > querying the database, v$instance still yields 8.1.7.4.1 > > Any ideas? > > thanks Ivette Dumois wrote: > I have upgraded our test 8.1.7.4.1 database to 8.1.7.4.13. I would > like to verify this fact. > > In the readme it does state that all the products will not display the > version number 8.1.7.4.13, because it's a cummulative patch. > > I wo...

MySQL-4.1.13a for OpenServer 6.0.0 and UnixWare 7.1.4
Hello, I have just finished making MySQL-4.1.13a available for OpenServer 6 and UnixWare 7.1.4. This release is for security fixes found and fixed in this release. All prior releases of MySQL-4.1.X have security problems. This release fixes them. -- Boyd Gerber <gerberb@zenez.com> ZENEZ 1042 East Fort Union #135, Midvale Utah 84047 ...

Unixware 7.1.1 mp 1 and assertion
Hi, I've got a client requirement that we support Unixware 7.1.1 with maintenance pack 1 installed (they can't update). Our applications seem to run ok, but when they exit we get a core-dump with an assertion thread_util.c on line 180. The stack trace reads: *[0] _kill(0x5f0f, 0x6) [0xbff9b54c] [1] abort(presumed: 0xbf9eefb8, 0xbfffee6c, 0xbf9dfc56) [0xbffd43ea] [2] std::abort(void)(0xbfffd3dc, 0xbf9e20d8, 0xbf9eedbc, 0xb4) [0xbf9dd4da] [3] __Rmutex::lock(void)(presumed: 0xbf9efcf0, 0xbf9eefb8, 0xbfda9788) [0xbf9dfc51] [4] std::_Lockit::_Lockit(int)(0x80...

rpm Problems on SCO UnixWare 7.1.1
I am having problems using the rpm v. 3.0.6 that comes with UnixWare 7.1.1. Whenever I give it any command other than --help, --showrc, or --version I get: rpm: only one major mode may be specified I have rpm working fine on AIX and Tru64, and of course Linux. I sure did not expect to run into any problems with rpm on SCO. What do I need to do to get this thing working. Our company needs rpm support very badly as we distribute our Java apps in noarch rpms, and we have to support SCO UW 7.1.1 platforms. Some of the commands that I have tried are: rpm -qa rpm -qpi filename.noarch.rpm rpm -qpl f...

C.7.6.3.1.4 Pixel Data and C.7.6.2.1.1 Image Position And Image Orientation
Dear All, How should I reconcile the definitions of image coordinates in the "Pixel Data" and "Image Position and Image Orientation" sections of the 2009 DICOM standard? "Pixel Data" says that the pixels are labelled: (1,1) (1,2) (1,3) (1,4) etc. (2,1) (2,2) (2,3) (2,4) etc. etc. i.e. (row starting at 1, column starting at 1) But the formula on the "Image Position And Image Orientation" section it say is said to determine "The mapping of pixel location (i, j)" but WHERE i Column index to the image plane. The first column is index zero. and j Row index to the image plane. The first row index is zero. Should the image data be considered to be indexed from 0 or from 1? Should the pixel coordinates (i,j) be (row, col) or (col, row)? Many thanks, Dr Chris Rodgers University of Oxford. -- QUOTE from the standard -- ftp://medical.nema.org/medical/dicom/2009/09_03pu3.pdf C.7.6.3.1.4 Pixel Data Pixel Data (7FE0,0010) for this image. The order of pixels sent for each image plane is left to right, top to bottom, i.e., the upper left pixel (labeled 1,1) is sent first followed by the remainder of row 1, followed by the first pixel of row 2 (labeled 2,1) then the remainder of row 2 and so on. For multi-plane images see Planar Configuration (0028,0006) in this Section. C.7.6.2.1.1 Image Position And Image Orientation .... The Image Plane Attributes, in conjunction with...

prngd not seeded error on sco unixware 7.1.1
I have downloaded the latest versions of ssh-3.4.p1 and prngd-0.9.22 as well as ssl-0.9.6e and zlib-1.1.4 . After installation and starting sshd I receive the error that prngd is not seeded and sshd bails. I have tried various things to get this working, included defining the config file and seed file within the start up of prngd . Another option was putting my linking my egd-pool to /dev/urandom. This actually produced a different effect, instead of bailing the program actually started to do the key generation, but just hung there with that, not doing anything. If anyone has any ideas, please feel free to make suggestions. Thanks in advance Bob ...

== DB Replication from 7.3.1 to 7.3.1 ==
# Have tried to prevent asking here but have spent many hours on this topic already # Actually, I'm a big Postgres fan, but replication on a MySQL box did work # out-of-the-box without any matters :-| I'd like to setup a "Hello, World database replication" between two 7.3.1 installations on two Linux hosts. The Master is running on port 5432, the slave is running through a Socket. I'm using DBMirror.pl on the client side which is being included in the core distribution since 7.3 at contrib/dbmirror. First of all, there seems to be a bug or feature that prevents it can...

== DB Replication from 7.3.1 to 7.3.1 ==
# Have tried to prevent asking here but have spent many hours on this topic already # Actually, I'm a big Postgres fan, but replication on a MySQL box did work # out-of-the-box without any matters :-| I'd like to setup a "Hello, World database replication" between two 7.3.1 installations on two Linux hosts. The Master is running on port 5432, the slave is running through a Socket. I'm using DBMirror.pl on the client side which is being included in the core distribution since 7.3 at contrib/dbmirror. First of all, there seems to be a bug or feature that prevents it can...

tcl on Sco Unixware 7.1.3
Does anyone have any experience with tcl running on SCO Unixware 7.1.3? I have used tcl in the Windows world, but I am new to tcl in the Unix world. The documentation says the program (tcl executable) is called tclsh in Unix, but I am unable to find it on our Unix box. I am also unable to find "source" on our Unix box. Tcl version 8.0 is installed on the Unix box and when I type "tcl" at the prompt is puts me into tcl. I also have a file called "tclsh8.0" in the /usr/local/bin directory. Is that the tcl shell (executable program) for this version? Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Ricci "Ricci Graham" <rlmgraham@swbell.net> wrote in message news:Nud1f.4412$Zs3.1508@newssvr25.news.prodigy.net... > Does anyone have any experience with tcl running on SCO Unixware > 7.1.3? I have used tcl in the Windows world, but I am new to tcl in > the Unix world. > > The documentation says the program (tcl executable) is called tclsh > in Unix, but I am unable to find it on our Unix box. I am also > unable to find "source" on our Unix box. > > Tcl version 8.0 is installed on the Unix box and when I type "tcl" > at the prompt is puts me into tcl. I also have a file called > "tclsh8.0" in the /usr/local/bin directory. Is that the tcl shell > (executable program) for this version? I'd assume that the tclsh8.0 is the file that's...

Cannot print to Windows 7 shared printer over VPN from Unixware 7.1.4
Hey, I have a home PC running Windows 7 Pro 64bit with a shared printer attached to it. I connect to the office through the Sonicwall Global VPN Client and am able to connect to our office server (running Unix). I have the shared printer configured on the Unix server but cannot print to it through the VPN. It can see my home Windows 7 PC, but cannot establish a connection to print. smbclient -L command shows "session setup failed: NT_STATUS_OK" To troubleshoot I also tried printing from a Windows XP machine at the office, as well as a Windows 7 machine and both worked. I have had this layout working perfectly when I used to use Windows XP, and I am guessing that there is a security option in Windows 7 that is not allowing this (I had turned off the Win 7 firewall, but didn't help). I hope this is enough information. Thanks in advance for your suggestions, Adam Wolfie wrote: > Hey, > > I have a home PC running Windows 7 Pro 64bit with a shared printer > attached to it. I connect to the office through the Sonicwall Global > VPN Client and am able to connect to our office server (running Unix). > I have the shared printer configured on the Unix server but cannot > print to it through the VPN. It can see my home Windows 7 PC, but > cannot establish a connection to print. > > smbclient -L command shows "session setup failed: NT_STATUS_OK" > > To troubleshoot I also tried printing from a Windows XP machine at th...

UnixWare 7.1.1 Installation
I need to install UnixWare on a very old box (PII, 96MB RAM, IDE HDD 2.1 Gb) Everything goes fine, but when packages installation ended and the system is going to build kernel I recieve a message: Internal error: /mnt/etc/conf/.new_unix file is missing Installation aborted May be some one knows how can I fix this problem -- Posted via http://dbforums.com ...

unixware 7.1.4 cannot install mp1/2/3
Hi all, I'm a newbie to SCO but not Solaris, my problem is I can mount the iso images for mp1/2/3 but all three are basically giving me the same error when I run ./install.sh UX:pkgparam: ERROR: attempt to process package from </install/imagesnics.image> failed - bad formatin datastream table of contents ERROR: unable to determine current version of <nics> mp1/2/3 were downloaded today from my XP machine and FTP'ed across to the SCO server. Unixware 7.1.4 is a fresh install this morning. (also do I need to apply them in order i.e. 1 then 2 then 3 ?)...

GCC 2.95.3 or above on Unixware 7.1.4
I am trying to compile GCC 2.95.3 and higher versions on Unixware 7.1.4. Unixware 7 machine setup: OS installed from ISO available on SCO website. Maintenance pack 4 installed. Installed gcc 2.95.2 available from skunkware for uw7. I am not able to compile gcc 2.95.3 on this setup and I get the error at libio "cstring: file not found". But I find this file at /usr/local/ include/g++-3. If you have any version of gcc 2.95.3 or above that compiles or precompiled binaries for Unixware 7.1.4, can you provide me with the same. Any help will be highly appreciated. ...

ULTRIUM TAPE DRIVES ON SCO UNIXWARE 7.1.4
I have an Ultrium drive that appears to need a firmware upgrade to solve a problem re cleaning light on when drive does not need cleaning. It is on a box running UnixWare 7.1.4. HP tells me SCO is not supported for the utilities they use to upgrade the firmware. Has anyone run into this issue, or been able to upgrade firmware with UnixWare. Ron Kirschner wrote: > > I have an Ultrium drive that appears to need a firmware upgrade to solve a > problem re cleaning light on when drive does not need cleaning. It is on a > box running UnixWare 7.1.4. > > HP tells me SC...

Web resources about - UnixWare 7.1.4 UnixWare 7.1.3 : ppp buffer overflow - comp.unix.sco.misc

UnixWare - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
UnixWare is typically deployed as a server rather than desktop . Binary distributions of UnixWare are available for x86 architecture computers. ...

UnixWare 7.1.3 Review
OSNews is Exploring the Future of Computing with news on desktop, server, mobile, and specialty operating systems and new computing technology. ...

Ask Slashdot: Finding Legacy UnixWare Installation Media?
... Unisys server in production that hosts a legacy system and are attempting to virtualize it. Unfortunately we don't have a generic UnixWare (2.1.2) ...

Univerzitní křesťanské hnutí - Unlap - Seitenverzeichnis - Facebook
Results from the Seiten directory for Univerzitní křesťanské hnutí - Unlap. Search Facebook for more Seiten with names like Univerzitní křesťanské ...

Open Directory - Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Unix
about dmoz - dmoz blog - suggest URL - update listing - report abuse/spam - help the entire directory only in Operating_Systems/Unix Description ...

SCO official defends Linux sales after suit was filed
The SCO Group's product management director, Erik Hughes, says the company continued to sell its Linux products for over two months after suing ...

Cisco Technical Forums
Find ANY word Find ALL words Find EXACT phrase Help Aironet Power Supplies VoIP Gateways Cisco Repair Refurbished Cisco Cisco CPQRGs New ...

An IBM, Sequent deal would drive Monterey
Rumors of a possible merger with IBM drive Sequent's stock price up, but technology analysts aren't convinced a deal is sensible or imminent. ...

SCO puts disputed code in the spotlight
Technology launches take second place at SCO's confab to a defense of the legal battles against Linux, as the company displays the lines of code ...

Games on a Plane [ 2 ]
If you've flown on a major airline in the past few years, chances are you've seen your share of in-flight games. But who is behind all these, ...